PDA

View Full Version : Background music at the WL

jonnylbluejeans
09-29-2003, 12:43 PM
We just stayed at the WL last week and loved it. One of the neat things was the background music being played in the lobby.

Does anyone know the music tracks being played?

Geoff_M
09-29-2003, 02:43 PM
The full list is here: http://www.wdwig.com/faq_wl4.htm

The most recognizable tunes are from Aaron Copland, plus Elmer Bernstein's theme from "The Magnificent Seven".

There's a great Copland CD that'll make you feel like you're back at WL. It's entitled: "Copland: The Music of America" published by Telarc.

mmluvr
09-29-2003, 03:23 PM
Hi!

When we visited the WL this past Feb., I inquired in the gift shop about the music; the CM provided me with a list of all the music that is played. If you'd like, I can email you the list (it may take a day or two depending on how buys I am.) If you have a fax, I will fax it to you!

regards-
jan

OOps!!! Missed the post above! Sorry

nasmith
09-29-2003, 03:57 PM
It would be lovely if the WL did a Compilation CD with their background music - but I'm fairly sure that will never happen due to copyright laws, etc......

I have been working on compiling my own WL Music CD ( as a Christmas present for Dear Friends)- and have all the songs except for 5 (there are 32 songs on the list) - So far, I have bought (mostly used on Ebay, Amazon) 15 separate Original CDs - so this will definitley be the most expensive CD I have ever given someone as a present! Some of the CDs are OOP, and are hard to find- I've pretty much given up on finding the 5 final songs (been looking for about 6 months now)- but if anyone happens to have Aaron Copeland's Heiress Suite; Wyatt Earp Original Movie Soundtrack; the Dodge City Theme; Siyo Tanko; or Elmer Bernstein's Frankie Starlight - please send me a PM!!

Of course, now that I'm actually almost done with compiling my own WL CD, they might actually make one available for purchase ;) Jill

jonnylbluejeans
09-29-2003, 04:18 PM
You guys are great! Thanks.