PDA

View Full Version : Need advice where to stay

gonnago
09-28-2003, 02:50 PM
Just wanted some input on which place to stay POR or the Fort Wilderness cabins for family of 5.Planning a trip for first week of June. Any advice/iput would be much appreciated.Thanks:D

llebrekniT
09-28-2003, 02:58 PM
It's one of our favorite places to stay, after the monorail resorts. It's so wonderful to have a separate living area from the bedrooms and you aren't always on the beds. The kitchen is great and having 2 tv's is also very nice. We love the setting and parking right in front of the cabin.

You didn't mention the age of your kids. In June you'll want to use the pool and that is the only downfall to the campgrounds. The pool is fine and the main pool is plenty big enough, it's just not a water-park type pool like the resorts have now. So if a super-fun pool is important, you'll be disappointed. If you're fine with a typical pool, I would absolutely go with the cabins.

One other note, we have stayed at POR and CB and do not see that they are worth paying almost 2x as much as the AS resorts. We have gotten 2 rooms at the AS for just a little more than one room at a moderate. The AS has great pools and food courts and the theming is great. The rooms have everything the moderates have and I was very happy with the amount of drawer space. You might want to consider staying at one of them.:D

gonnago
09-28-2003, 03:17 PM
Thanhs for the quick reply.t will be myself,dh,ds's 19,15 and dd12.It is our first time ever and really don't need anything fancy just something nice with room enough so we aren't on top of one another lol.Will probably be in parks most of time.At their ages they don't need breaks even though we do.:D I may check out the allstars for 2 rooms/bathrooms.All our children are into sports so do you have any advice on the allstars sports?thanks again!:D

gonnago
09-28-2003, 03:19 PM
Thanhs for the quick reply.It will be myself,dh,ds's 19,15 and dd12.It is our first time ever and really don't need anything fancy just something nice with room enough so we aren't on top of one another lol.Will probably be in parks most of time.At their ages they don't need breaks even though we do.:D I may check out the allstars for 2 rooms/bathrooms.All our children are into sports so do you have any advice on the allstars sports?thanks again!:D

Sandi
09-28-2003, 06:44 PM
I think the Wilderness Cabins or 2 rooms at the All Stars are your best bet. I've stayed at POR and, unless your kids are on the small side, it will be too tight. You get two full sized beds and a small trundle bed that really doesn't fit anyone near 5 feet or over.

I'm sure others can give ideas on the All Stars.

TDC Nala
09-28-2003, 09:34 PM
Sounds like you would be very happy with two connecting rooms at All Star Sports. The sports represented are baseball (Home Run buildings), football (Touchdown), surfing (Surfs Up), tennis (Center Court), and basketball (Hoops). Surfs Up buildings are preferred because they are closest to the food court and bus stops. "Preferred" in this case means they cost an extra $10 per night to reserve. If you really want to be closer to the main building without being in the preferred buildings, when you book, request assignment to another building closest to the main building (Touchdown is your best bet). Disney allows room requests but will not guarantee them (unless you pay the $10 per night extra for the preferred location buildings - and they only have preferred buildings at the All-Stars. Next year, Pop Century and Caribbean Beach will also have preferred buildings).

gonnago
09-28-2003, 10:31 PM
Thanks everyone for your input.I think we go with 2 rooms at the allstars. Thanks again!:D