PDA

View Full Version : All Star ?

thetraveler
09-28-2003, 12:58 PM
We're getting ready to head down in less than two weeks and have a couple of questions about the AS resorts. Are there hairdryers in the rooms, iron/ironing boards, and do they have bar soap or the liquid soap dispensers in the bathrooms? We stayed in a moderate last time and DH seems to remember liquid soap-I have no recollection of that at all. Can anyone help me out. Thanks in advance.:D

HappyMommy2
09-28-2003, 01:11 PM
Hi!

We stayed at All Star Sports this summer and had a great time!
The room was pretty basic, though. There was no iron/ironing board, and no hair dryer. We got one Mickey bar soap per day, but otherwise it was liquid soap in a dispenser in the bathroom.

Someone told me you could request iron/ironing board and hair dryer from housekeeping, but I didn't try that; another poster may be able to tell you if that's true or not.

Have a wonderful trip!

n2mm
09-28-2003, 01:14 PM
We just returned this week (Wednesday 24th) and ironing boards and irons are now a permanent fixture in all of the rooms at the All Stars. We were at the Movies for 7 nights and had 2 rooms and both have a permanent hanger in the closest area with an iron and ironing board. This was a surprise because we were there in July and they did not have this then. No hairdryer and still one bar of soap, but am sure that housekeeping will bring you more soap if you ask. Housekeeping was perfect this last trip. Brought us extra towels everyday and we requested 4 extra pillows and they brought them in about 15 minutes.

Linda Talbot
09-28-2003, 02:07 PM
We were at the All Star Music Sept. 3-12 and did not have an iron or ironing board, but I'm sure if we had requested one, it would have been provided. I always bring my own iron with me and any pressing is just done on the bed. Seems much easier than waiting for mousekeeping to bring up the board. No hair dryer, either, but again, I bring my own.
We had a wonderful time at the Music and already hubby is talking about going back next year. Who Knows? Might just have to go again.

n2mm
09-28-2003, 03:03 PM
Just to note that we were there from September 17-24 and both of our rooms at the Movies had an iron and ironing board as a permanent fixture on the wall near the safe. Since this is new, must be very new, our girls had packed an iron, only did not need it. After talking to friends at Dixie Landing, they are currently installing them there too! sounds like property wide to me.

mathgeek
09-28-2003, 03:12 PM
I've stayed at the All-Stars twice, and both times I have requested and received a hair dryer from mousekeeping. I will also confirm the bar vs. liquid soap - I too received one bar of Mickey soap in the room, which was replaced when I used it, plus there is a liquid dispenser in the tub.

Have a wonderful trip!

jlawall
09-28-2003, 09:47 PM
Going in January....any tips???

PTarbay
09-28-2003, 09:58 PM
I have another question.My daughter and her friend will be staying at the ASMO in December.What toiletries do they give you in the room?I have never stayed at the All Stars so I cant give her ananswer.Is it the same as at the Polynesian?Thanks