PDA

View Full Version : Just back from a week at BWV!

NYDisneyMom
09-28-2003, 10:40 AM
This was our first stay at the BWV's and my boys have now decided it's their second favorite hotel in Disney (AKL being the first, naturally)

I'm undecided on it. I liked having the convenience of the restaurants and shops right there, and walking to Epcot. (It's just too hot to walk over to MGM, sorry!! LOL!) But it's also a very busy and noisy hotel. I asked for a 'quiet' room. I wasn't going to be too picky, though, since we were checking in at 11:00 in the morning. We were given 5026. Top floor, but allllllll the way at the end of the hall from the elevator. Literally a hike to and from the room everyday. But it was quiet. No one on one side of us or above us. We overlooked the pool though, and Hello?? Children and babies in that pool at 11:00 p.m.? I don't get it. And at night the clowns eyes were kinda freaking me out! LOL!!

Overall we had a great trip, though! :)

palmtreegirl
09-28-2003, 11:58 AM
Children and babies in that pool at 11:00 p.m.? I don't get it.

They were enjoying a night time swim with their kids on their vacation, what's not to get?

Glad to hear you had a nice trip, welcome back.

hentob
09-28-2003, 01:07 PM
People come from all over the country/ world. Many different time zones. So, to us on EST it may seem late, but don't forget those whose bodies feel like it is 6pm, 7pm, etc.

Our children go to bed at around 8pm every night. We live in PA, so our time zone is the same as in Florida. But when we went to WDW last Spetember, we would be BEAT from the heat and humidity. We would nap from like 5pm-7pm and then swim until midnight or so. Nice to be "wild and crazy" on vacation :-)

We also LOVE the AKL. We will be trying the BWV in December of 2004. Hope we like it!

hentob

NYDisneyMom
09-28-2003, 01:35 PM
Originally posted by palmtreegirl
They were enjoying a night time swim with their kids on their vacation, what's not to get?

Glad to hear you had a nice trip, welcome back.

I guess you're right. I just wouldn't have screaming children and babies in a pool that late at night when I knew people all around were trying to sleep.