PDA

View Full Version : Do you think there will ever be a cap on deluxe room prices?

HeatherPage
09-28-2003, 10:35 AM
I'm not talking concierge, just standard view say at the Poly, Contemporary, (basically monorail resorts) I am in the process of selling my DVC timeshare for various reasons but still want to vacation at Disney. Do you think the rates will just keep going up and up through the years where one day they will be charging $600/night for standard view on the monorail?

Any opinions?

Geoff_M
09-28-2003, 10:56 AM
There's a cap... It's called "What the market will bear."

For starters, there will always be inflation. If WDW doesn't raise their prices at least 3-4% a year, they won't even beat the current inflation rates. And the rates we've been experiencing in recent years have been historically low.

becka
09-28-2003, 01:03 PM
No there will never be a cap.

Like the previous poster said they will charge what the market will allow. They are a business and not a charity. If they can get away with charging $2000/night for a standard room at the GF then that is what they will charge.

It is kind of scary to think what the prices will be in 10+ years, huh?

Deb & Bill
09-28-2003, 01:39 PM
That's why we bought DVC points. We can go twice a year until I'm 92 years old. And all we have to pay is our dues, which are capped.