PDA

View Full Version : Just back from 2 weeks @ POR

RubySlippers
09-28-2003, 09:01 AM
any questions? I am still in the process of doing the trip report but if there is anything special you would like to know please ask!:D

Ruby

cottontail
09-28-2003, 09:23 AM
Hi:

How was the condition of the rooms and the overall whole resort.

Thanks,

Deb.

RubySlippers
09-28-2003, 09:33 AM
The condition of the room was good and housekeeping was amazing! and yes we did get towel animals. The resort was wonderful as always but even though there were CMs everywhere picking up the grounds we did notice trash mostly from cig.butts on the ground . I just can not understand WHY people think it is okay just to toss those things where ever they please. It really is disgusting! Okay off my soap box now! We had a wonderful stay the food was good and the pool was clean and the staff was GREAT!!

Ruby

cottontail
09-28-2003, 10:27 AM
Thanks, that is one of our fav resorts, if we stay elsewhere we always manage to get over to have supper there, and walk around.

I just wondered about the room conditions cause I had read that in a year or so it will be undergoing renovations.

Deb.

Hawk
09-28-2003, 08:13 PM
I have to agree with you RubySlippers. We were there in mid August and was disgusted with people throwing bottles, cans, butts and trash on the grounds of such a beautiful resort. (the parks as well) I mentioned it to my wife many times. I understand that staffing may be down, but there is no excuse for some of the things I saw. Just because you are on vacation doesn't mean you throw common sense and courtesy out the window.

If I see someone drop something you can bet your bottom dollar I will be there to say something. I am all for keeping to yourself, but not when it directly interfers with the enjoyment of our vacation. There are plenty of trash cans, and parents should watch their kids - we do! It may not be my place or responsibility, but I am going to say something. So litterbugs beware, you may not like it but I'll be there to chew you up!

Boy, did I say that!

Hawk.