PDA

View Full Version : Do I Have A Chance???


Terk-1
09-28-2003, 09:17 AM
I have a reservation for 2 nights at the CB & the rest of my trip at the Wilderness Lodge. I REALLY want to stay at the WL the entire trip and not have to change resorts after a few days. I have both resorts at the AP rate. When I made the ressies, the CM told me to just keep trying to see if any rooms with the AP rate open up at the WL for the days I'm looking for. I'm happy that I got the CB with the AP rate, but would just rather just stay at one resort.

I've been trying and still no luck. I'm arriving during a busy weekend. Should I keep calling or just give up?

skiwee1
09-28-2003, 09:26 AM
I would definitely keep calling. We too had a stay at the WL in May 2002 and decided to add another day to the beginning. I was using a public code discount and wanted that for that day too. I called every day for a week and finally got it added 4 days before we left. We did decide in the days before that to just book the room at rackrate if I couldn't get it at discount. It was just worth it not to have to repack and unpack again. So keep trying and you might luck out. You might also consider getting the room no matter what the cost if you are like me and like to stick to one room per trip.

LoriZH
09-28-2003, 09:36 AM
Oh you always have a chance! When I first made our ressie's ASMu's was not available for our first night (we are coming in late) nor CR available for our last three nights but I kept trying and finally I got both. Don't give up, try to call late Friday or over the weekend, that seems to be the time they have the cancellations.

ducklite
09-28-2003, 09:50 AM
I think you've got a chance--just keep trying! People cancel trips all the time!

Too bad WDW doesn't do wait lists--it would make a lot of lives a lot easier!

Anne

KathyFP
09-28-2003, 09:58 AM
I would keep trying. What do you have to lose, but a few minutes on the phone.

>>^..^<<
09-28-2003, 10:48 AM
Terk.. what is the price difference for the 2 nights at the non- AP rate? sometimes it is worth is just to pay and be where you want to be.

I would keep calling.. you never know.


Anne (ducklite) where have you been? ~ I was going to issue an APB on you

>>^..^<<

princesscrazydaughte
09-28-2003, 11:22 AM
Yes you have a chance. I kept calling for dates in December. I finally got a CM who was able to get me a rate. her name was Douglass and she had been working as a CM for over 30 years. She said you just had to know how to do it. I don't know if that is correct, or if it just finally opened up, either way keep calling. We needed to add a day to the front of our stay. I called for about 2 weeks before it worked.

Good luck.

momtotwinglesx4
09-28-2003, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by >>^..^<<



Anne (ducklite) where have you been? ~ I was going to issue an APB on you

>>^..^<<

I was wondering that too! Get's a little dull around here without you, lol! ;)

Sue

kda
09-28-2003, 01:22 PM
Years ago a CM told me to especially call whenever the 'last day to cancel and get a refund on deposit' date is. For Room Only reservations, that's 5 days before. We only needed to do this on one trip, and did get the rooms we wanted, just a few days before we arrived (PS -- we definitely had back-up reservations at another resort, just like you do). Good luck!

Terk-1
10-01-2003, 08:04 AM
Will keep trying. To answer your question the difference is $125/night w/AP vs. $250/night w/o AP. I am booked at CBR for $88/night w/AP.

Thanks again!