PDA

View Full Version : Diane's Journal - Welcome all!

DznyDreams
09-27-2003, 03:27 PM
I cannot believe that it has been 1 year and almost 5 months since I first decided to take the W.I.S.H. challenge! I fell off the wagon, but as of tonight (Saturday, March 5th, 2005), I'm picking myself up, dusting myself off, and jumping on board once again. I pray for success this time!

Here's a little something about me: DznyDreams W.I.S.H. Commitment Renewal (http://home.earthlink.net/~dianerowe/DznyDreams%20Web.htm)

UPDATE: I apologize if the above link does not work. As of today, August 19, 2005, my earthlink account is cancelled by my choice. I will be evaluating new Internet dial-up plans, but I may be without Internet service altogether for quite some time during this process. (Having the Internet is simply not a priority for now.) As soon as I'm "back," I'll move my personal site to the new server.

Good luck to all WISHERS!! Hope to "see" you again real soon! :earsgirl:

lulu201
09-27-2003, 08:35 PM
Welcome to the Journals, Diane, and good luck with your program!

Lulu

DznyDreams
10-05-2003, 11:38 AM
I'm here to celebrate life, :banana:
to cheer for and allow myself to be cheered on by others, :cheer2:
to learn new things, :teacher:
to laugh a little, :rotfl:
cry a little, :guilty:
and love a lot! :grouphug:

DznyDreams
03-05-2005, 10:54 PM
Sept. 2003 sounds like an lifetime ago. Has it really been that long since I originally said I wanted to take the W.I.S.H. challenge?!?! :faint: It's sad that I didn't stick to my plan, but the hard fact is that I did not. :guilty:

I must start fresh, and I must have a plan! I'm starting the W.I.S.H. challenge AGAIN! Tomorrow, I will sit down and get organized with a gameplan for healthy eating. I don't want to just count points, but I want to actually eat healthy AND exercise. :banana:

I'm seriously considering Curves, but I'm nervous. I have a LOT of weight (145-150 pounds) to lose, and I'm afraid I won't fit.....or will I? I guess I won't know until I make a visit to my local Curves on Monday.

~*~Dear Lord, PLEASE give me the strength to make a healthier life for me and my family!!~*~

Here I go........wish me luck! :grouphug:

myhandd
03-05-2005, 11:50 PM
Hey,

Just take it in chunks and steps. You know what they say the best way to eat an elephant, "one bite at at time!" I know, that is a horrible analogy on a diet board, but hey it is so true!

You can do it!

Later from the only guy on these boards!

Dax

DznyDreams
03-06-2005, 08:25 PM
Thanks for the encouragement, Dax! :goodvibes And you're right, I CAN do it! As you've suggested, I'll make my goals in chunks rather than looking at the big picture. The BIG picture is OVERWHELMING to me right now. :earseek:

Today, I took baby steps down the road to the "new me." I wouldn't call what I did "dieting" by any means, but I did select healthier foods and beverages than I have in the past. I also took the time to mentally rehearse (yes, I've been to WW before) my next trip to the grocery store.

I talked with some ladies from my church today about Curves. Apparently, there's a special running this week. (I took this as a "sign.") I even drove by Curves tonight (which was, of course, closed) just to take a peak inside. It doesn't look too scary at all. I "mentally rehearsed" myself going inside and asking to join. So....

I will go in 1st thing tomorrow morning to schedule an appointment and officially begin the process of recreating Diane (that's me). :banana:

I'll check back in tomorrow evening to let you all know how my first day went. :wave:

DznyDreams
03-08-2005, 06:54 AM
(I was going to post this last night, but I was so tired that I fell to sleep much earlier than normal. I slept great, which was a very good thing!)

Curves Day 1 - Apparently I have muscles in places I never knew about! :confused3 Yep, I'm a little sore this morning, but not too bad. I'm going to stretch and go for workout #2 later this morning.

I can tell that Curves was not built to accomodate someone of my size and stature. I'm only 5'2" and I weigh 290. I found it challenging to mount some of the tall equipment. I'm sure it won't take me long to remember which ones will bruise the inside of my knees and thighs during the mount/dismount, but until then, I'm going to be a bit black and blue for a while. Also, my feet never touched the floor once I was seated properly, which made it a little difficult to get up quickly and move on to the next station. Luckily, I didn't have anyone immediately to my right, so I didn't feel pushed or rushed. I will have to keep this in mind when selecting my workout time for a while. If I go at a very busy time, I will probably frustrate someone who is taller and more agile than I am at present.

Aside from all of the above, I LOVED my Curves workout, and I commited to a year! I know the complaints above are mostly related to my present weight, which will change over time. My height may not change, but when I begin to get stronger and weigh less, it won't take me so long to get up and down from each station.

Now, it's time for oatmeal.... :banana: ;)

DznyDreams
03-12-2005, 04:34 PM
I've completed 5 Curves workouts this week (Monday-Friday)! Woo hoo, me! :cool1: I FEEL GREAT!!!!:goodvibes

I walked for 30 minutes today, and I plan to do so again tomorrow. I have found myself wanting to exercise daily now that I've finally begun an exercise routine. I'm not working too hard, but I'm doing something good for myself, and my body can tell. I've enjoyed working out with ladies in my community that I wouldn't normally see as often. I've also found the Curves circuit to be much easier to manage than it was on days 1 and 2. I hop on and off the equipment like I'm near goal weight! lol (Not quite, but it is definitely MUCH easier now.)

I spent the week focusing not so much on "diet." However, I did cut back on the refined sugars and white starchy foods. I've tried to increase my water intake, and I'm weaning myself off sodas. I haven't quit cold turkey....YET....but I will!

Now that I'm working out and feeling better, I find that a desire to turn toward healthier eating habits is developing. I just want to start slow, so that I won't get discouraged and quit. Like I've already said in an earlier post....Baby steps, baby steps!

Aside from getting into good shape and developing healthier eating habits, I've not really set any "goals" to this point. Today, I've changed this. I decided that I'd really like to get 90 lbs off by Christmas. YES, that does sound like a lot, but considering that I'll still have 64 pounds to go after losing the 90, I think it's reasonable. I've lost 4 pounds just this week alone (remember, I said that I really hadn't changed my diet by much...mostly I have just added exercise this week). Imagine what I can do if I really begin a "diet." (A large person can loose a lot faster than a small person, that's just a fact.)

Besides, DH has said that if I do meet the 90-off-by-December goal, we'll make our December trip to Disney no matter what. As it stood prior to today, we were "planning" to go only if my parents decided to go with us. We've actually booked our rooms already and put down the deposit, but were planning to cancel the entire trip if my parents don't go. Now, DH has agreed to go without my parents if I can meet my weightloss goal of 90 lbs by December!!:hyper: He's being supportive, and I think that's GREAT!::yes::

I can't wait to be 90-pounds lighter at Disney World in December!!! :cheer2:

DznyDreams
03-16-2005, 08:20 AM
Started Weight Watchers again today! This is like the 3rd time I've tried to start, but I'm hoping that WW combined with Curves will be the answer for me this time.

I found myself getting "geared up" for dieting by the end of my first week at Curves, and I even held on to the positive line of thinking thoughout the weekend. I'm beginning day 2 of WW today, and I'm praying for success this time!

Here's to 90 pounds gone by December!!!:flower:

pearlieq
03-16-2005, 04:49 PM
Great job starting up WW again. You can do it this time! :cheer2:

What a sweet DH! That's so great he's supportive!

DznyDreams
03-18-2005, 09:42 PM
Thanks for the support, pearlieq! You're right! My DH is actually more like a DTSSH (dear, thoughtful, sweet, supportive husband). ;)

I just discovered what "ONEderland" is, so of course, I had to add the clippie. :)

Yesterday, we discovered that we need to purchase a new A/C compressor before summer. This is slightly disappointing because I will have to dip into my WDW-weight-loss-reward trip fund in order to pay for it. However, I'm not going to let it get me down. I can buckle down and replace the savings before December, even if I have to find junk to sell on eBay. :teeth:

Small changes: Despite the minor setback with the travel funds (which, in the past, would have resulted in a depressed mood) my determination has not wavered! This is a new attitude for me, and I contribute it all to working out! I've always heard that if you find something you love to do, you'll not only stick with it longer, but you'll benefit body, mind and soul. I honestly think I'm going to make it this time!

Today was quite a success for me. I was able to enjoy a terrific meal with my family at Outback without busting the WW points bank! The day began with a very healthy 6-point breakfast. Around 1 o'clock I had a healthy 3-point "snack-sized" lunch so that I could enjoy an early dinner at Outback. My meal there consisted of a house salad (extra tomatoes, no cheese, no croutons, and dressing on the side), a 7-oz Victoria's filet with steamed veggies, and a plain sweet potato.

I drank a lot of water throughout the day, so I never felt hungry at all. I even got in both servings of milk and all of my veggies. I just love not having to give up my favorite places to eat in order to stay healthy! :flower:

This completes day 4 of WW. I'm on a roll! :cool1:

Zoesmama03
03-18-2005, 11:05 PM
Woohoo on doing Outback without using banked points. :bounce:

I've just started journaling again on Wed. an have been going over a few but not working on keeping it under. Yesterday and today I went over but made it up with exercise points. :bounce:

I've gone and come back to her for awhile too. This time I came back and have been trying for months to get m y exercise routine going I have tried for all the exercise challenges and its really motivating me slowly but surely I'll meet that goal. :) I've just learned we may be having a trip to Florida/Disney sooner than we were thinking so I wanna get back to pre-pregnant weight atleast and that is 30 lbs :guilty: :sad1: I was 5 lbs from pre-pregnant weight when dd was 2 weeks old and gained it back and quick while nursing her. But I'm soooo tired of not having much to wear or wearing out what fe things I do have so I'm back and on 4 days straight of exercise and 3rd day of journaling. Next week gonna be strict and stay in points.

Anyway you are doing so great getting back on track. I have A LOT to lose as well about 120-130 lbs and it seems so far off but I'm concentrating on losing this first 10% and getting 30 lbs off. Then I will shoot for that Onderland like you by about next Christmas/New Year I'd love to see the scale go under 200 for the first time since I was in junior high/early high school.

DznyDreams
03-21-2005, 10:31 AM
Woohoo on doing Outback without using banked points. :bounce:

I've just started journaling again on Wed. an have been going over a few but not working on keeping it under. Yesterday and today I went over but made it up with exercise points. :bounce:

I've gone and come back to her for awhile too. This time I came back and have been trying for months to get m y exercise routine going I have tried for all the exercise challenges and its really motivating me slowly but surely I'll meet that goal. :) I've just learned we may be having a trip to Florida/Disney sooner than we were thinking so I wanna get back to pre-pregnant weight atleast and that is 30 lbs :guilty: :sad1: I was 5 lbs from pre-pregnant weight when dd was 2 weeks old and gained it back and quick while nursing her. But I'm soooo tired of not having much to wear or wearing out what fe things I do have so I'm back and on 4 days straight of exercise and 3rd day of journaling. Next week gonna be strict and stay in points.

Anyway you are doing so great getting back on track. I have A LOT to lose as well about 120-130 lbs and it seems so far off but I'm concentrating on losing this first 10% and getting 30 lbs off. Then I will shoot for that Onderland like you by about next Christmas/New Year I'd love to see the scale go under 200 for the first time since I was in junior high/early high school.

:cool1: You go, Melissa girl! :banana:

Truth be known, 10% is the 1st main goal I've set for myself too. I've recently added a "mini" goal of 12 lbs by tax day, and I'll continue to keep the ONEderland goal just as a backdrop year-end goal (it'll stay visible in the distance just so I don't lose sight). (Besides, I just love that cute little clippie...it's so darned precious! ;))

It kind of helps me knowing that I have a list of goals all lined up so that I can check each one off as I complete it...."First five?"..."check"...."Twelve by tax day?"...."check"...."10%?"....."check"....etc. Who doesn't like to see a list of things that they've actually accomplished? It makes you feel like you've really done something worthwhile. I don't know....maybe it's just the organizer in me that likes this.

Hang in there! We can do this together! :sunny:

DznyDreams
03-21-2005, 10:43 AM
I'm nervous and excited. I know I 've done very well to this point, and I'm really hoping it will show on the scale.

So far, I've completed 2 straight weeks of 5-day Curves workouts, and I feel terrific. (Well, I have a few aches this morning, but they're from arthritis, not working out. ;) )

I'm particularly proud of myself for surviving my weekend. We decided (last minute) to take a little trip. We drove to Arlington on Saturday and spent the night, and yesterday we went to Dinosaur Valley State Park. I got some really good exercise in with all that walking we did by the Paluxy River. DD8 has always wanted to see the "dino prints," so this was good for the entire family.

As with all travel, there's always the dining out factor. I managed my points quite wisely. ::: patting self on back::: ;) I made the best available choices, and managed to get in all of my water, dairy and fruits/veggies each day. :Pinkbounc

That's all for now....I'm going to workout. :banana:

Zoesmama03
03-21-2005, 11:24 AM
:cheer2: On handling the dining out well. :) That part can be very hard. Sounds like a great little weekend trip. We were taking them every year to Northern Arizona but haven't this year yet. We try to go get a glimpse of snow we don't see that stuff here. ;)

I couldn't wake up early today so I will be making up my workout while kiddos nap today. I was gonna workout Saturday but was much too sore from Friday and Sunda was out and about. I did chase and play with dd in the park for about 20 minutes though. ;)

Keep up the workouts and you will see great results. I was down a lb this week. :cheer2: Its good but getting back to where I was a few weeks ago. I'm starting my WW journaling officially today so todays weight will be my start with that.

DznyDreams
03-22-2005, 06:04 PM
:cool1: WWWI #1 -4 lbs! :cool1:

This is not as much of a 1st week loss as I have had in the past, and I was sort of depressed about it when I returned home. Sooooo......to comfort myself, I ate way too much garlic bread. :sad2: (Dang it!) I journaled every single bite though, and I am trying to redirect my thinking to the positive now. I've worked hard, and I've stayed right on track with the program, so I'm not going to beat myself up any longer. (I'll beat the computer instead... :badpc: lol) ;)

Zoesmama03
03-23-2005, 04:31 PM
4 lbs is AWESOME :cheer2: Stop beating yourself up. IF you ever lost more in 1st week I can bet it was mostly water weight. :) 2 lbs is recommended its more likely to be all fat and not water/muscle(YES) and fat weight. KWIM?

Keep up the good work your 4 lbs is great.

pearlieq
03-23-2005, 04:46 PM
Good job staying focused on the positive.

4lbs is nothing to sneeze at! Good for you! :cool1:

It can be hard because once you decide to commit you want it done that very day! But you didn't gain the weight in one day and it won't come off in one day either. Just keep at it. You're doing great with your workouts!

Hope you have a great Easter!! :flower:

DznyDreams
03-28-2005, 10:07 AM
Where on earth did the time go!?!?! :confused3 I wish I could say it's because I was too busy "having fun," but no chance of that. :rotfl:

THANK YOU for the encouragement, Melissa and pearlieq!! It really helps to see those comments! :goodvibes

Easter weekend was a bigger challenge for me than I had anticipated. The reason I had such a tough time was that I went way overboard with my flex points early in the week, and I didn't save them for the holiday weekend. I ended up having a few more "treats" than I had planned, but I did enter every bite (point) in my journal. I went over my points allowance (even over flex) by quite a bit this week, but it will be okay. I worked out 4 times at Curves last week and walked for 30 minutes on the weekday that I missed, so that helps me out a lot with the overage.

Another of my setbacks this week: I fell getting out of the shower on Wednesday night. I hit my head pretty hard, which was a pretty big scare. DH actually thinks I may have had a mild concussion, but I'm not convinced. I just know that my head hurt like crazy! The day after the fall is when I missed my Curves workout, which really frustrated me. (I had so hoped to make it 5 days a week during my first month of membership.) I was easily tempted by comfort foods when having those horrible headaches, but again, I still kept track of everything.

The scale may or may not show a loss tomorrow. I hope it does, but I'm preparing myself for very little change on the scale so that I don't come away disappointed.

I am making myself stay focused on the fact that I am working hard to change old habits so that I can create a healthier, happier way of life for myself and for my family. If I donít let the little setbacks defeat me, I AM a winner no matter what!! :cheer2:

pettyone
03-28-2005, 02:38 PM
Diane--

Managing those points can be tough around the holidays, so here is some :wizard: for your upcoming weigh-in!!

Can I just say "OUCH"!! I'm glad that you're okay, but WHAT A FALL!! Banging your noggin is NO FUN!!

Oh, and YOU ABSOLUTELY ARE A WINNER!! I love your attitude...it's great to hear!!!

:cheer2:

DznyDreams
03-29-2005, 03:47 PM
. . .Can I just say "OUCH"!!. . .

Yes, pettyone, you certainly may! lol My words at that time were a bit more "colorful" than "ouch," but basically, you've summed it up quite nicely! lol :rotfl: BTW, thanks so much for your encouragment and :wizard: ! :)

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

All I have to say for myself today is: OMG!! I lost 3.6 pounds! What the heck!?!? :rotfl2: I have no idea how I did this, but rest assured, I'm NOT complaining. :rotfl:

The week ahead will be a long one. I'm switching to a Saturday AM meeting, so it will be 11 days before the next official WWWI. I could find myself being tempted to go off program more than usual if I'm not careful, so I'm commiting to MORE exercise to get me through (and staying active on the W.I.S.H. board, of course)!! :goodvibes

DznyDreams
04-09-2005, 02:55 PM
Well, it's week number 3 of the WW program for me. I had WI today, and I'm down 2 more lbs.! :cool1: That's 9.6 lbs gone so far!!! :sunny:

I can really tell a difference in my attitude this time around. When I signed up for the W.I.S.H challenge many moons ago, you might as well say that I quit before I ever even started. (WOW! That was in Sept of 2003--feels like a lifetime ago.) I'm SO HAPPY I decided to come back last month (3/5/05). :goodvibes

:cheer2:THIS TIME, I AM GOING TO MAKE IT!!!!! :cheer2:
:grouphug:

DznyDreams
04-30-2005, 07:13 PM
Well, the bad news is that I've done a really poor job of keeping up with my WISH journal. The good news is that I've been successful away. I'm down 17 pounds altogether and I have another new clippie! WOOHOO :cool1:

I've had a really difficult time this month with major mood swings. Yes, I'm known to be "moody" on occasion, but I do not recall having had so many shifts from low to high within such a short period of time before now. :confused3 ("Dear Lord, please don't tell me I'm losing it at 37!" :crazy2: ) Iíve also had several arthritis flare-ups over the past few weeks, occasional constipation ( :ssst: ), and Iím not sleeping well most nights. Iím supposed to be ďfeeling betterĒ when Iím dieting!! What gives? :confused: I felt FANTASTIC the first 3 weeks, but now, Iím falling apart physically. (????) Yes, Iíve upped my fiber intake, but Iíve also greatly increased my water as well, so I donít understand about the ďC-wordĒ problem at all. (???) The lack of sleep is due to the arthritis, so at least I know whatís up there.

All in all, I must pat myself on the back just a little:

#1 - Even with the erratic moods, I have kept right on exercising. There is no way the moods will level out unless I force myself to do this....even when I don't feel like it! Every single time I take a walk, or visit Curves for a workout, I feel SO MUCH BETTER immediately afterward. YAY ME! :cheer2:

#2 Ė Iím STILL HERE! :sunny: Even though Iíve not taken the time to journal, I still take time to read as many new posts on the WISH board as possible, and I post almost daily . . . even if itís just to post my exercise time.

#3 Ė Iím still on program! :cool2: Sure, Iíve slipped off program a time or two, but only for one meal, and then Iím right back on track.

#4 Ė I actually walked in our local ďRelay for LifeĒ last night! I almost didnít go due to a sudden attack of self-consciousness, but I forged ahead and DID IT ANYWAY! The cause (American Cancer Society) was well worth my effort, and I was so happy to have attended. It was VERY COLD (wind chills in the low 40ísóthatís darned cold in Texas), and even though Iím not physically capable of walking great distances for long periods of time, I can be proud of myself for finishing my allotted track time!

#5 Ė I still KNOW Iím worth all this effort! :goodvibes

:wave:

mking624
05-01-2005, 02:41 PM
Hi Diane!!

I'm glad to hear that you're doing so well!! That's AWESOME!!! I'm sorry about the trtouble with the arthritis and mood swings...hopefully those are just temproary and you'll be back into the full swing of things!!

That's awesome about the Relay For Life!! I wanted to participate last year (the ACS is near and dear to my heart), but I was out of town when they had it, so I was unable. It's just terrific you were able to meet your goal in that...great job!!! :goodvibes

I still KNOW Iím worth all this effort!
AMEN!!! Keep that in focus all the time and you'll be successful in everything!

TigerCheer2009
05-01-2005, 04:50 PM
Hi Diane!!!!!!!!!!!! You're doing great. Congrats on the losses and the clippie. Hope your head feels better!

DznyDreams
05-03-2005, 01:38 AM
Boy, oh boy! I went through a really rough time today (financial issues). But I must say that now I KNOW beyond a shadow of a doubt that I really mean business this time!! I DID NOT want to seek comfort in food, and I did not let my nerves get the best of me. After the ordeal was laid to rest for the day, I took a walk to rid myself of the terrible tension headache that had developed. It actually worked - and even faster than Tylenol! lol :sunny:

I've said it before, but now I have proof that I am going to make it to goal this time! :cool1:

CarolA
05-03-2005, 07:11 AM
Good for you... It is so easy for me to use "stress" as an excuse for chocolate LOL! You are very strong!

toystoryduo
05-03-2005, 09:37 AM
Hi Diane! :wave2:

I just had a chance to finish reading your journal and I love your :sunny: and positive attitude! Congratulations for sticking with your program! You CAN do it, Diane!!! :cheer2:

Keep up the good work! :cool1:

Tracy

P.S. We'll be in WDW in December too! :Pinkbounc

DznyDreams
05-03-2005, 04:48 PM
Thank you Mary, Tiger, CarolA and Tracy! You guys have no idea how much your encouragement means to me! :grouphug:

I have sort of been playing around with my eating schedule this week, and I *think* it's really going to pay off on the scale this Saturday. (Now watch! I've probably jinxed myself and I'll start retaining fluid or something. :rotfl: ) Anyway, there really seems to be something to this thing about eating every 3 hours. Iím still counting my WW Flex points, but Iím putting equal space between my main meals and snacks. For the past 3 nights, Iíve not put a bite of food in my mouth at least 3 hours prior to bedtime. It may all be in my head, but I really donít feel as hungry as I have over the past 6 weeks, and that's just pretty darned cool. :cool1:

TigerCheer2009
05-03-2005, 04:54 PM
Aww, thanks Diane!!!!! :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug:
Sounds like you've got a great plan! I fall asleep around 10, so I stop at seven.

Whatever floats your boat (or as I say, washes your pan/works for you)!

Have a GREAT day!

DznyDreams
05-07-2005, 01:58 PM
I was right!!!! It paid off!!!! I'm down another 4.4 lbs. and I have a new clippie! :dancer:

:cloud9:

I go to WW with my mother. Every WW attempt I've made in the past has been with her. She can be a great source of support. However, she's really down on herself right now, and nothing I say seems to lift her spirits. I try to stay positive, and I offer suggestions only when she begins to make specific complaints, but nothing I say is ever right. :confused3 When things are not going so great for me, she's quick to throw out the motherly advice and make suggestions with my weight loss struggles. However, when I try to do the same for her, she rejects or reacts negatively to all of my suggestions. :confused3 So . . .

I've done a bit of reflecting today. I remember times (past WW attempts) when I would move along at a nice steady pace with my weight loss, and Mom would struggle with hers. She would reach a point where she would only lose .2, .4, .6, etc. The more she would struggle, the moodier she got. The moodier she got, the more I'd want to not bother making the trip with her into Tyler for the weekly meeting. Not too long after, we'd both end up quitting. :(

The more I think about this, the more it makes sense . . . I truly think she gets more and more depressed each time I have a decent loss, but she is at a point of struggling. I know this because of the comments she makes about me losing so fast while she gains or basically remains the same most weeks. These comments have started earlier this time than in the past, and she has had a 1-lb gain 2 out of 3 weeks now. As for myself, I feel I have a stronger sense of will power than I've had in the past. As long as I'm strong, I want to continue to TRY to be a source of support for Mom, even if I don't feel like I am doing such a good job right now. :(

Anyway, I've decided once and for all, that if she keeps this up, or if I find myself losing momentum over this situation, I'm going to have to dump her. :guilty: (Isn't that TERRIBLE?!?!) So far, I'm still determined as ever, and I pray that my good attitude will remain strong during her period of "struggle." (Struggles she attributes to certain medications she must take.) I will pray daily that she will find success this week! I know it doesn't sound like it, but I honestly do enjoy our time together more often than not, so I really hope I can withstand this!

QuiltTeddy
05-07-2005, 02:28 PM
Diane, you are quite the inspiration to everyone who reads your journal and even those who simply come in contact with you!

Hopefully if you keep your positive attitude and your mother sees you losing regularly each week, it will motivate her. If it doesn't and you feel you must make the "cut" (for lack of a better word), then you have to do what you have to do to allow yourself to continue with such great success.

I checked out your picture of the "BIG"inning and feel I know you now, not to mention you look SO familiar. Well, they do say we all have a twin somewhere in the world...perhaps I've met yours already.

Keep up the good work! :flower:

mking624
05-08-2005, 02:36 PM
I'm so sorry for your mom, I bet that must be discouraging to her. I know some people are just "slow losers" but something is better than nothing!! Also, if she's working out, sometimes body weight may not be decreasing by much but the body composition is getting smaller. I hope that she will start seeing those small losses in a positive light....our own personal view on what we're doing plays such a big role in how we live.

I agree that you will have to do what you need to in order to be successful with what you're doing. It's so easy to get caught in the downward spiral when your "support" system is already on it.

TigerCheer2009
05-08-2005, 03:48 PM
Your mom isn't going to reach a goal (be it climbing a mountain or climbing to better health) in a snap. It takes time, preparation, dedication, strength and a positive attitude to keep you through. Best of luck. You're doing well.

DznyDreams
05-16-2005, 06:27 AM
Well, I've been AWOL for a bit, but I'm still working hard. Physically, I had a few rough days last week (lately, my TOM just drains me), but I still lost 1.2 lbs when it was all said and done. (WOO HOO!) :cool1:

I'm happy to report that my mom is better. I just stayed positive and kept my distance for a few days. She worked her way out of her funk and had a productive week. She did not, however, make our weekly WW meeting this week (she coordinated a 50th anniversary party for my aunt & uncle and was tied up with that on Saturday), but according to her scales at home, she was down almost 3 pounds! I hope she continues to stay focused this week so the official scales at WW will show a HUGE 2-week loss for her this Saturday (May 21st). :goodvibes

I took an exercise break this weekend due to the many events I had to attend. (MIL's birthday, Aunt & Uncle's 50th, church events, etc.) I have not gone 3 days without exercise since joining Curves on March 7th. I make time for at least a 30-minute walk daily, but it just didn't happen this weekend. Oh well...breaktime is over, and I'm back in my groove.

The special-event food was quite a challenge. I did well on Saturday, but yesterday I blew it with 5 choc-chip cookies and a Coke (not diet) -- yikes!! :rolleyes1 However, I'm not beating myself up over it at all. I KNOW today is a new day, and I'm ready for it. BRING IT ON! :sunny: I still have Monday-Friday to get through before I weigh in again, so I can still lose weight this week -- even with the Sunday splurge!

I have to take time to brag on my daughter a bit. She is a member of our church's AWANA group. AWANA stands for Approved Workmen Are Not Ashamed (based on scripture found in 2nd Timothy). The program is only in it's 3rd year at our small church, but it has been very successful. The kids are divided into groups: Cubbies (pre-K), Sparks (K thru 2nd grade), and Truth and Training (aka: T&T -- 3rd thru 6th grades). One of the purposes of AWANA is scripture memorization, and boy is there A LOT of scripture! I think that a child who makes it through all 4 years of T&T will have learned and memorized well over 400 bible verses. Anyway, Katie, my daughter, is in her first year in the T&T group. She passed off her 1st year T&T book this year and received a special award for this. In most AWANA clubs, passing off one book per year is normal, but at our church, she is the first 3rd grader to ever accomplish this. There are 5th graders (who started the 1st book as 3rd graders) who have still not completed their 1st book. Katie extended a challenge to her fellow club members for next year, and I really think the special recognition for her accomplishment provided some much-needed incentive for the entire group. Needless to say, I was a proud momma at the award ceremony last night. :goodvibes

Anyway, MUCH to do today, so I'll get busy now....

:moped:

DznyDreams
05-20-2005, 10:22 AM
Well I've been trying the Reverse Diet for a couple of days now. I'm eating like a King at breakfast, a Prince at lunch, and a Pauper at dinner. I've actually already lost another 2 pounds in just 2 days, but I'm going to give it a full week before I say whether or not the plan is really working.

Day #1 - I had my regular breakfast of Go Lean cereal with strawberries and milk, while watching the GMA episode about the lady who lost 172 lbs on the Reverse Diet. I had my larger meal for LUNCH on this day (since I was just getting started). I had chicken teriyaki with brown rice and stir fry veggies. For snacks, I had La CrŤme yogurt, an apple, and some Quaker caramel mini rice cakes. DINNER was cereal & milk again.

Day #2 - I had baked chicken, steamed broccoli, squash, and onion for BREAKFAST. Then I had an apple & a glass of milk for a mid-am snack. For LUNCH, I had a grilled chicken sandwich on wheat. For my mid-afternoon snack I had another apple (LOVE apples) & a glass of milk. DINNER was a bowl of Go Lean cereal and milk.

Today: BREAKFAST - A glass of milk, baked chicken, baked potato with light sour cream and Smart Balance Smart Squeeze (butter), steamed broccoli, and tomato slices sprinkled with pepper and dill. I'm SO FULL!! :rotfl:

My plan is to have something really satisfying for lunch, like a lean grilled burger on a wheat bun WITH cheese; more apples, yogurt, and something else that is still "undecided" for snacks; and the cereal & milk again for dinner.

I'm TRULY surprised by how I've been able to handle the non-breakfast foods early in the a.m. My only real problem is that I've had a little trouble getting in enough WW points each day, but I was not at all hungry at the end of either day. As a matter of fact, I actually felt over stuffed!! I'm still drinking 1 gal. of water/day too.

DznyDreams
06-02-2005, 07:54 AM
Well, I've been off the wagon (so to speak) for about a week and a half. I haven't gained or lost anything (thank you, Lord!), but I know I've not been OP for several days. It all started about 5 days after starting the "Reverse Diet."

First, I decided that Spring cleaning was long overdue, so I REALLY overdid it. I felt terrible after 2 days of pushing myself to clean like a crazy person.

Then, I fell ill with a stomach bug. This lasted about 24 hours, but it took 72 hours to feel "normal" again. (This is probably the only reason why I've not gained.) Needless to say, the "Reverse Diet" has not sounded good to me since this happened. I will just go back to normal breakfast foods from now on. I still plan to do the bulk of my eating prior to the evening meal. Light as possible before bedtime is my plan.

Last weekend (Memorial day weekend), we went camping, and it was miserable! The campground we chose was packed, and everyone was practically on top of one another. It rained the entire trip, and we were practically eaten alive by fire ants to boot! When we returned home, I was stricken with none other than PMS!! I've definetly done worse with my eating, but still, I've been far from "on program."

Today is my daughter's 9th birthday, and I'm going to enjoy my day with her. We're dining out for lunch and going to a movie. Afterward, we'll have a small family b-day party for her and I WILL EAT CAKE. ;) Tomorrow is another day . . .

We're going out of town this weekend, so no Sat. WW for me (again) and more dining out. I'm going to make a WW meeting this morning and probably will weigh on Thursday mornings for a few more weeks to come. Summer weekends are very busy for us, but I plan to stay OP from now on! I have some very important goals to meet, and I'm not giving up now!!!!!!!!

TigerCheer2009
06-04-2005, 03:41 PM
Sorry I haven't been here recently! Life just gets in the way of...well, life! I know how you feel about being sick. You've got a great attitude, and that will take you far!