PDA

View Full Version : Calling all Polynesian Fans

Lisa3
09-27-2003, 01:26 PM
If you had a choice between GV concierge with either a patio or a balcony (1st or 3rd floor) or LV concierge with no patio or balcony (2nd floor) which would you choose? We are a family of 5 and I think the balcony or patio would be really nice for DH and I after the kids fall asleep.

Tink
09-27-2003, 02:42 PM
I have only stayed in a regular garden view, but I did like the balcony a lot. It was nice to sit outside while the kids napped and slept. Also, we were there in September 2001 and it rained everyday for for hours at a time (not the half hour storm and then the sun came out. Once it started it went on until after dinner). It was nice to be able to sit on the balcony then, since it was dry.

If I stuck my head out over the balcony, I was able to see the castle and that was enough for me!

AspiringCindy
09-27-2003, 02:44 PM
We're in the same boat. For days, I was debating whether to book LV or GV in concierge(we are also a family of 5). I have GV Concierge booked, but am going to switch LV Concierge in the near future because I would like the MK view and that patio sounds great for the reasons you already stated. Why don't you do LV 1st Floor?

Lisa3
09-27-2003, 04:25 PM
Aspiring Cindy- To answer your question - cost. Right now I have GV Concierge booked for our Nov. trip. The question came to mind that if perhaps some pixie dust fell on us and we were offered an upgrade at check-in would I choose to stay in the GV patio or balcony if my other choice was LV but no patio or balcony?

Can you tell I have had too much time to plan this trip?(LOL)

PTarbay
09-27-2003, 08:16 PM
How big are the windows in the LV with no patio or balcony?Are they floor to ceiling?I've booked garden view and now you've got me thinking...

ducklite
09-28-2003, 06:53 AM
You still have the same window--a sliding glass door, so yes, pretty much floor to ceiling. The difference is that you can't walk out of it as there is a 3 1/2 foot or so high metal "gate" in front of it.

I would go for the water view--it's incredible, IMHO nicer than the GF castle view. There's something magical about watching the castle change with the tiki torches lit outside your door.

Anne

skiwee1
09-28-2003, 08:28 AM
Iwould stick with the GV if you get a balcony or patio. We loved sitting out on our balcony having our morning coffee and watching the action outside. We spent quite a bit of time just sitting out there and relaxing. There is no way I would enjoy a window view even if it were of the lagoon.

Terk-1
09-28-2003, 08:33 AM
Trust me on this. Opt for the lagoon view room and you won't be disappointed. To see the fireworks over the Magic Kingdom or the castle changing colors at night is beautiful. No balcony, no problem. Each room comes with a table & 2 chairs. Move the chairs in front of the sliding glass door, open it up and relax. :jester: :smooth:

t2simon
09-28-2003, 10:06 AM
I just wanted to say what an AMAZING picture that is in your signature! I can't wait to see a sunrise like that when I get to the Poly in 6 days!!!!!!

Can't Wait!!!!!!!!!!!! :Pinkbounc