PDA

View Full Version : Any 10-16-04 cruisers yet?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

Denine
09-26-2003, 04:05 PM
We are traveling on the 10-16 Eastern with our DD. She will be 2-1/2 when we go.
There are several of us that cruised last year all going on this cruise. Just wondering about anyone else?

Mickey02
09-29-2003, 12:12 PM
Hi Denine!!

I was really happy to see you started this board. I was seaching to see if anyone had started one yet and Waaa Laaaa there it was! Hope others join in soon!!

Barb:smooth:

Denine
09-30-2003, 10:45 AM
Gee Barb, I was looking to see if anyone responded and saw 1 response and it was you. I guess we can talk on 2 threads now.

Anyone else out there???????

Mickey02
09-30-2003, 10:53 AM
Heehee Sorry to disappoint you Denine! I was so excited to see that someone had started a Oct 2004 thread I wanted to get it back up to the top. Maybe we will find some others out there!

Denine
10-01-2003, 10:34 AM
Barb, that's what I was thinking. If we can keep this close to the beginning, then maybe we will eventually find some other cruisers. Maybe we should get Julie and Garry to post too. At least then it won't be just the 2 of us.

Denine
10-02-2003, 10:50 AM
Hey Barb, where are you? I can't talk to myself!

Mickey02
10-02-2003, 11:07 AM
Hi Denine!!

Sorry I have been a slacker today. I will do better, I promise!

I am checking the Christopher Radko Disney christmas ornaments. I get one everytime we go to Disney. Checking out what I will purchase this year :D

Seems sososo long until I go! You will be there soon!.

Denine
10-03-2003, 10:41 AM
I love those ornaments, but I only have one and it isn't even Christmasy. It is Thumper. Jerry got it for me for Christmas a few years ago. I look at them every time though.

Hopefully Julie or Garry will check in. Or it will just be you when I am in WDW, that is unless someone else checks in.

Looking forward to cruising again! :boat:

rsschneck
10-03-2003, 12:57 PM
Just wanted to say I hope you all have fun!:goodvibes

wildernessgirl
10-03-2003, 02:09 PM
Hi Barb and Denine! I'm checking in!

Let's see...... so far it is Denine and Jerry and Kaleigh, Barb and Bob and all the kids right? That leaves us, Garry, Julie, Makenzie, The"Big Guy" and the new edition arriving January 2004.

Sure hope we get more cruisers with us! LOL!! But then again, with this crazy bunch I think the ship could just handle us.

Have a great day!

On board wine party........ which day is good for you? We might as well start planning now, right:hyper: !!!

Chat with you later!

Mickey02
10-03-2003, 03:03 PM
Don't forget Patty's family of 12 and Mom and My Dad.

I am sooooo in this time for the wine party!! I will not miss it this time!!!!:bitelip:

Maybe I can convince Patty to check in on this board once in a while.

Speaking of Patty. I think Dylan has his eye appointment today.

Barb::MickeyMo

wildernessgirl
10-03-2003, 03:53 PM
Keep us posted with the update of Dylan. I hope everything turns out for the best! Tell Patty to pop in and say hi on both threads! We miss her. She is still in for the gift exchange, right?: Tell her we have a big hug for her!:hug:

Mickey02
10-03-2003, 04:34 PM
You are so sweet Julie! I will tell her. I know it will mean
a lot to her that you are thinking of her. I hope she posts soon!

Barb

Denine
10-04-2003, 03:18 PM
Yeah, Julie joined us!

Maybe with your crew and Patty's crew, there isn't any more room on the ship!:crowded:

Are you sure you won't miss the wine party this time Barb?

So, what excursions are everyone taking? :boat: :moped:
Like Julie said, it is never to early to start planning!

wildernessgirl
10-04-2003, 07:45 PM
Not sure if we will do any excursions. We didn't last time and had a great time. We might go to Meagan's Bay or Trunk Bay by ourselves, but that would probably be it. It is hard to do a lot of the excursions with little ones. Age limits can be the stopper!

What about the rest of you? Any excursions?

So between the four families we have about 28 - 30 people right? That's good enough for me! Maybe I can talk Laurie the Lurker into going on the eastern with us! When I spoke to her they had not made their ressies yet because her mom and sister were still a big concern for Laurie. She has taken ALL of the responsibility of her father and is trying to keep everything as normal as it can be. She did say she like the eastern too! So maybe we can talk her into coming on our cruise with us! Kristen would be great to have around!

Well, so far it is going to be just us on our cruise! This could be real FUN!!!!

Will check back in later! Have a good weekend!

tevagirl
10-04-2003, 11:17 PM
Hello! We will be going on our first cruise one week from today and plan on booking for the 10/16/04 cruise while we are on board. We have friends going on that one (around 40 of them!).

Hope to spend the next year right here with all of you, planning and sharing!

Denise and Joe
North Cape May, NJ

wildernessgirl
10-05-2003, 12:53 AM
Welcome aboard Denise! We would love to have you be a part of the Oct 16, 2004 crew! Is it just the two of you? My clan consists of:

DH- Garry
ME - Julie
DD - Makenzie - 5 years old at the time of the cruise
DS - Garry (aka The Big Guy) - 3 1/2 years old by the time of
cruise
BABY - due in Jan 2004 will be 9 months old at time of cruise
(don't know if boy or girl until January!!)

We are a wild bunch! Glad to see we have more cruising with us!

tevagirl
10-05-2003, 09:45 AM
Hi Julie,

First let me say congratulations on the soon to be new member of your family!

We, my husband and I, are taking our 11 year old grandson, Alec and our 12 year old nephew, Billy with us this year (I can't believe we leave in 6 days!) and I am sure we will probably be bringing them next year along with our granddaughter who will be 3 1/2 by then. My daughter Jill and her husband who are Alec's parents were supposed to be going this year but she just had a baby boy on September 24th. It was an unexpected pregnancy (Christmas party!) and what a cutie he is!! His name is Andrew. We also have friends who are going on the 10/16/04 cruise and they have alot of family and friends who are suppose to be coming along. They're all crazy so I know we will have alot of fun!

Talk to you later,
Denise

Denine
10-05-2003, 11:16 AM
Denise: Welcome! First, enjoy your first cruise. We have sailed DCL 5 times and can't wait for the 6th!
Congratulations on being a grandma again. My DD just turned 1 on Sept 25th.

Hope to see you next year!

Julie: I don't know if we will be doing any excursions either. I do want to upgrade my diamond bracelet on St. Martin, so it will be shopping there.:cutie: I guess we will play it by ear :listen:

tevagirl
10-05-2003, 12:51 PM
Denine,
Thanks for the welcome and happy first birthday to you little one!

Denise

Mickey02
10-06-2003, 09:17 AM
Welcome Denise!

I usually don't check on the boards to much on the weekends, when I got on this morning it was such a nice surprise to see you had joined us!

This will be our 2nd cruise. Me and husband and our 4 kids.
Jason-23, Missy-21, Jaymee-18 and Tiffany-15. My Mom and Dad are also going and my Sister Patty and her crew (12 of them).

This time I am doing an excursion. We didn't last time because we were so overwhelmed by the whole cruise experience and had no idea how to pick one:confused:

Denine
10-06-2003, 10:32 AM
We did an eco hike on St. John's a couple of years ago. That was really interesting. Have never done just an island tour. Maybe we will do something like that. The last thing we need to do is go to the beach in the Caribbean with a very fair skinned red headed baby! :crazy:
We are not into snorkeling. I don't like to swim with the fish and Jerry just isn't a good swimmer.
I wish we could go sooner. If they have another DVC cruise before next October, we may consider that.

Mickey02
10-06-2003, 11:02 AM
Denine-Would you go on both the DVC cruise and the October cruise?? What is the difference between a regular cruise and a DVC cruise?? Is it offered at a better price??

Denine
10-07-2003, 10:29 AM
Barb: They had a DVC cruise this past February on the 4-day Wonder. It was for DVC members only and went to Castaway twice and had other special perks. It sounded really neat, but we couldn't go. It was actually a little more expensive.
If they have one, we would do both.
They actually had Member Services open on a Saturday morning for ressies. The cruise sold out in something like 3 days.

Mickey02
10-07-2003, 10:45 AM
Wow!! A DVC cruise sounds MEGA fun!! I am already trying to figure out how to buy more points. Maybe on our 2 year anniversary I will get more.

Mickey02
10-08-2003, 10:30 AM
We are almost a year away from the cruise. Time will really start going fast once we are past that "One Year" mark!!

Denine
10-08-2003, 10:53 AM
Time will go faster once we pass the 1 year mark.
Jerry was looking into the annual passholder cruise in January. He found some good prices. It is the 4-day cruise.

wildernessgirl
10-09-2003, 02:14 AM
Denine, you will have A LOT of fun at your Mickey dinner! Kaleigh will love it! Have a great time and think of us often!

Barb, I guess you and I will have to keep this thread alive until Denine comes back. DO you think we can do it?

Mickey02
10-09-2003, 09:14 AM
Good Morning!!

Hi Julie!! Yes we can keep this going!! Patty keeps saying she will post but I have yet to see her. I will keep nagging her!

Denine have a wonderful time in Disney. How long this time??
Are you going to Mickey's Not so Scary Halloween??

Crissy my niece and I went to see Under the Tuscany Sun last night. I didn't like it. :(

Excursions??? What to do what to do??

Denine
10-09-2003, 11:32 AM
We will return on the 22nd. We are doing Chef Mickey's on the 14th at 8AM and MNSSHP on the 16th. We will be meeting up with some past cruisers that night.

How about spa treatments? I have to have the La Therapie Facial. I love it!

You guys have to keep the thread going while I am gone. You can do it! Julie can just talk to herself like last time if need be.

tevagirl
10-09-2003, 06:47 PM
Hello Everyone,

It's official......we are booked for the 10/16/04 cruise! We were going to book while we are on board the Magic ( I can't believe we leave the day after tomorrow!) so we could get the onboard credit but because there are so many of us going next year we got a better deal by booking as a group. Now I am even more excited about going this time because I will have next year to look forward to with all of you!

Have to go get something done.......time is running out. Talk to you all later!

Denise

wildernessgirl
10-10-2003, 12:05 AM
Have a great time Denise! I know you will! You will have to give us a complete trip report after you come back!:boat:

Denine
10-10-2003, 07:51 PM
Denise: Have a terrific cruise! We will see you when you get back. Be sure to tell us all about it!

We are off in the morning! Keep the thread alive!

wildernessgirl
10-10-2003, 08:04 PM
Have a GREAT trip Denine and Jerry! Kaleigh too! Give Mickey and Tiggah a big hug for me!

Drive safe and be careful!!!!!! We want to know all when you get back!

Mickey02
10-13-2003, 09:13 AM
Julie Julie...
Hope you are around. It's up to you and me to keep our little board going!!

How are the kids Halloween costumes coming along??
I bet they will look so cute!

wildernessgirl
10-14-2003, 12:48 AM
Hi Barb! Sorry I was real busy today. I had a pampered chef show tonight so I was getting ready for that.

The Kids are doing fine. I will take halloween pictures of the two of them and try to get them to you. I think they look cute, but doesn't every parent think that of their little ones?

I'll check back in tomorrow.

Mickey02
10-14-2003, 09:12 AM
Good Morning Julie!!

I look forward to seeing the kido's in their costumes!

Can you believe it is already the middle of October. Next year this time we will be in Disney!!!! I am already trying to come up with a plan to buy more DVC points!

How is the weather there?? It has sure cooled down here.
I think we missed the changing of the Aspens in the mountains. I am sure they are about bare by now.

wildernessgirl
10-15-2003, 05:16 PM
HI Barb!

Just checking in today. Nothing exciting going on here except that my OBGYN called and I have to go for a three hour glucose test this week. My one hour came back high, so now I go for the three hour. Ihad gestational (sp) diabetes with Makenzie but not with Garry. Only three more months at least!

Got any names for us? So far we have a VERY SHORT LIST. For girls so far we have:

Kelsey
Stephanie
Delaney

for boys:
Dean

I could us people's suggestions.

Well, gonn a go, gotta get dinner ready. Check in tomorrow or later tonight!

Mickey02'sMom
10-16-2003, 09:28 AM
Ok, I'm checking in......Barb picked us up last night at the airport....what can I say....we had the most fantastic time.....l7 days on a cruise ship....I felt like a baby cruiser.....met people who were on their 54 cruise and I was on my 4th. Didn't hear of anyone on their first and most over l0.

When we docked in Fla who was next to us but the Magic....took a picture for Barb.

I have all the unpacking to do and the laundry is calling me....

Mickey02
10-16-2003, 10:31 AM
Good Morning!!

Hi Julie! Hummmm names eh?? I love the name
Makayla. I will keep thinking.

I got to come in late today because I have a late training. Then Tiffany is cheering at a volleyball game.

I called DVC today about booking with points and cash. Now I know how to do it.

Barb :smooth:

Mickey02
10-20-2003, 11:00 AM
Good Morning!!

Just keeping our board alive!!

wildernessgirl
10-20-2003, 01:24 PM
Me too Barb!

tevagirl
10-21-2003, 09:45 PM
Hi Everyone!

We loved our cruise, it has to be the best vacation ever! I am so happy that we have next year to look forward to because I would be soooo bummed out right now that it's over! We had great weather except for a little monsoon rain in Grand Cayman but that didn't last long. No one got seasick which was another good thing. We were in cabin 6545 in a cat 11. I must say that even with four of us in the cabin it wasn't bad at all. My husband, grandson, and nephew went swimming with the dolphins on Cozumel and with the stingrays on Grand Cayman. They loved it!
Our favorite was Castaway Cay...we could have stayed there for a few days! The ship is beautiful and everyone was so nice. Palo was wonderful....oh what I would give to have another chocolate souffle!

Julie....My 2 year old granddaughter happens to be named Makayla so I also love that name! I also think Alec and Andrew (my grandsons) are pretty nice too!
Denise

Mickey02
10-22-2003, 08:55 AM
Good Morning!

Welcome back Denise! Glad you had good weather and a great time. Last year our Disney Cruise was the best vacation I have ever had too!!::yes::

How are you feeling Julie??

wildernessgirl
10-23-2003, 12:22 AM
Hi Barb! I'm feeling pretty good! I had to go in on saturday to do a 3 hour glucose test since the one hour came back abnormal. I was there in the hospital lab from 7am til 11am. It was a long morning. I had to fast from 5pm friday on. I was so glad when I was done. Garry and the kids took me out for brunch when I got home. I also had a dozen BEAUTIFUL long stem red roses and a sweetiest day card from Garry! I was so surprised!

I got word today from my obgyn that my 3 hour blood test came back A-OK! It was NORMAL!!! So I don't have gestational (sp) diabetes. I was very happy to hear that! I had it with Makenzie but not with the Big Guy. I was worried that if I had it with this one, that it might put a "damper" on the up coming dec. trip, but it won't!!!!!

Denine should be posting again real soon! SHe is home from disney and I can't wait to hear all about their trip!

Denise, glad to hear from you! Thanks for the names! We have added them to our name collection. If youcan think of any more, please let me know! I am so glad you had a great time on your trip too! Believe me, your next trip in Oct with all of us will be even better! Believe it or not!

Have a good day all!

Mickey02'sMom
10-23-2003, 08:50 AM
So glad to hear you are ok Julie......how is the weather in Ohio? It has been so beautiful and hot here.....we are sitting records in the 80's but I hear it is all going to change this weekend. Our trees are turning but all they do is get yellow....I miss the beautiful reds and oranges in Ohio....I lived there for 36 years so I was spoiled when it comes to fall colors.

takemeaway
10-23-2003, 09:51 AM
Good morning from Southern CAlifornia:

My name is Rose. I have a wonderful husband (hope he reads this because I want diamonds for Christmas...not the cubic zirconia stuff again) and two loud but adorable boys, Frank 7 and Mark 4 1/2. We will be traveling with you guys next year. We just got back from a 4-day Wonder cruise and rebooked for the 7-day Eastern.

I am looking forward to planning this cruise. MY oldest son and I are going to do the parasailing on CAstaway Cay...anyone ever do this? I also have a name of some guy that does Day Charters on St John. He is supposed to be very good. Is it too early to plan excursions or am I just very anal retentive?

Well, that's all for now. Thanks for listening. I look forward to getting to know everyone.

Julie, I see you are expecting in January...your 3rd child. You are a very courageous woman!!! IF I had given birth to a girl, I was going to name her Aimee. Instead I had two boys that refuse to dress-up as Belle for Halloween. And, believe me, I have tried! Oh well, I guess there is always grandchildren.

Mickey02
10-23-2003, 10:19 AM
Welcome Welcome Welcome Rose!!

I laughed when I read your post. I am already looking forward to meeting you. Julie is such a terrific organizer she will have us set up to meet in no time!

Julie- I am sosososo glad everything is well with you and the baby. Don't forget I get to hold her/him on the cruise.

Welcome back Denine. Can't wait to hear about how the trip went!

tevagirl
10-23-2003, 07:03 PM
Hi Rose,

Don't count on the grandkids....my daughter just had a baby boy one month ago today. His name is Andrew and he was a bit of a surprise. They also have an 11 year old son named Alec who was suppose to be an only child. Alec refuses to be a princess and Andrew doesn't have enough hair to be one. Now my son on the other hand has a beautiful 2 1/2 year old daughter (Makayla) who looks just like a princess but she's going to be an elephant instead. See, you just can't win.

Julie.....glad your blood test was negative....keep up the good work!

Denise

Denine
10-23-2003, 07:37 PM
I am back from our wonderful trip to WDW!

Welcome Rose and family!

Julie: Glad to hear the GTT went fine.

You guys did a fine job keeping this thread alive!

takemeaway
10-23-2003, 10:35 PM
Denise:

Where in Jersey are you from or what is your exit? I used to live in Toms River, Exit 82A. We moved out to California when I was 14 but I still have some fond memories of Seaside Heights and Point Pleasant beaches. We would always rent a bungalow down there. My grandma lived in Linden and I still have relatives in Westfield..but don't hold that against me.

Denise, do you have the big Jersey hair? C'mon you can tell me. I always loved the big hair! Awwww, sweet east coast memories. ;)

wildernessgirl
10-24-2003, 12:53 AM
Welcome aboard Rose!:boat: We are a fun crowd!

Sally, you have a pm from me about the christmas exchange. Let me know you got it.

Gotta go everyone. Will check back in tomorrow!

Mickey02'sMom
10-24-2003, 03:53 AM
Yes, Julie I got your pm......

welcome to all the new gals.....this is a great bunch of gals....well they all aren't on this board yet.

I just got back from a l7 day Panama cruise.....I was the baby cruiser....this was my 4th cruise and one couple was on their 54, another their 6th this year. People would say this is their 30th, l5th, l8th, 20th.....

Between my son, husband and I we took over l200 pictures...now to sort them and get them in an album. I love to scrapbook and to teach. I have a workshop set up in my lst level. Do any of you new gals scrapbook? I am working on last two Disney cruises and park visits.

Boardwalk4me
10-24-2003, 10:41 AM
Hi from Minnesota,
Checkin in for this cruise. We just got off the 10/11/03 OctoberfestII Magic Cruise. What a great time. We re-booked for this one due to school scheduling issues and we wanted to the Eastern again. On this past cruise there were over 800 people that had been on Disney cruises before, what does that say about Disney cruises?

Anyway, there is my DH Jeff, dd Alisa - 11, and dd Lia - 20.
I do know of 2 other families from the 10/11/03 that have re-booked for this cruise also. So they will probably eventually show up here.

On this past OctoberfestII cruise, we had a list going and it was great. It really helped to keep track of families, children, etc. So if anyone is interested in starting one of these let me know and I can forward the draft to you.

I be checkin in and will try to keep this thread going also.

We are looking forward to be spoiled again next year, but I have to get through the winter here first. Good thing I still have that warm and fuzzy feeling from the Disney Magic Cruise.

Nancy aka Boardwalk4me

Mickey02
10-24-2003, 11:17 AM
Welcome Welcome Welcome Nancy!!

Great to have you "On Board"! The list sounds great!! Do
you know of others from that cruise that will be joining us??

Denine
10-24-2003, 11:29 AM
Welcome Nancy! Another DVC'r in our midst. Did you have OKWMeister on your cruise (Doug and Christy)? We sailed with them twice.

I kept a list last year for our cruise, but I would gladly hand the job off to someone else!

Mickey02'sMom
10-24-2003, 12:12 PM
Welcome Nancy....

I actually saw the Magic the day you got in...we docked next to it on the Holland-America. We had been on a l7 day cruise through the Panama Canal....I took a picture of it for Barb as she loves that ship. I have sailed on it once and once on the Wonder.

I know they are about the same but I think my favorite is the Magic.....I heard they are having two more ships built...wonder what they will call them.

Boardwalk4me
10-24-2003, 12:21 PM
Denine,
Yes we sailed with Doug & Christy! They are great people! They live about 3 miles from our house. We got together before the cruise with other another Minnesota family in August so all could meet. I think we have all rebooked for this cruise again at least that was the last word on the ship. I think that some children were not told about this cruise so not to bug the parents for the next year. We also sailed with Matty204 and his family, from Minnesota. We all did the Palo's brunch together, great time.

We decided to sail on this cruise again because the rebooking discounted points were so good through DVC. We couldn't pass it up. For 2 adults we saved 52 points.

Nancy aka Boardwalk4me

tevagirl
10-24-2003, 04:44 PM
Hello Everyone! Happy Friday!

takemeaway.....I am from exit 0. Good old Cape May. Great place if you can find parking! Sorry, no big hair here.....gives me a headache! But you should have seen me back in the 60's!! Come to think of it......everyone had big hair in the 60's.

boardwalk4me....we were on the 10/11 cruise also. It was our first and we had a WONDERFUL time!! Can't wait til next year. Infact we just got our cruise contract to sign in the mail from our travel agent today.

Have to go think about dinner. Okay, actually, I just have to decide where to get the pizza from. I hate cooking!

Talk to you all later, Denise.

Denine
10-25-2003, 04:58 PM
I can tell, this is going to be a fun cruise!

takemeaway
10-26-2003, 08:36 AM
Wow Denise, you live in Cape May? (gets down on her hands and knees and says), "I'm not worthy, I'm not worthy". That is a beautiful place. You are very lucky.

I went to the online "cruise chat" party last night which basically says that I need to get a life. I didn't stay long. I just wanted to go because they can't kick you out. Most parties I go to, people won't let me in.

Kids go back to school tomorrow. They had two weeks off for a "modified school year". My son's 1st grade teacher basically doesn't know what she is doing. She taught kindergarten for 13 years and had to start teaching 1st grade this year or leave. WEll, my son has watched Barney videos, Care Bear Videos and a 90-minute Thumbelina video. I can feel the stress building already. I think I need a spa massage....help meeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Have a great day!

Rose

tevagirl
10-26-2003, 09:06 AM
Rose,

You can get up off your knees. I live 5 minutes from Cape May(North Cape May is my mailing address). I can't afford to live right in Cape May but you are right it is a beautiful place. A little crowded in the summer but oh those glorious fall days!!! It's the best time to come. That is if you aren't a beach person.

Have to go to the food store.....my husband and mother (who lives with us) gets cranky when there's no food in the house. I happen to be the only one who seems to be able to find the way to the Acme market. Funny though 'cause we live right across the street from it. Hmmmm.....I wonder if they're trying to pull a fast one on me? Nah, they wouldn't do that....they love me.

takemeaway
10-26-2003, 09:25 AM
Denise:

I want to thank you for inviting me to your home this fall. I would love to come and stay with you. I will be emailing you my grocery list so you can go to Acme and have everything ready for me. I also want to bring the kids and hubby. So, I was thinking Denise. You, your mom and husband can watch the kiddies while DH and I go out and see the sights. You are really too kind. Thanks again.

I can't stand changing the clocks back. I have been up since 5am causing havoc and chaos. I think I need to move to Arizona. They don't mess with their clocks!

tevagirl
10-26-2003, 11:40 AM
Rose,
Your welcome. I have to tell you though, if you go out to see the sights you're taking my mother and husband with you. I will watch the kids but you will be getting the short end of the stick. Trust me. My mother is 81 and hard of hearing. I SAID.. SHE IS HARD OF HEARING....Oh, sorry, so used to repeating everything.
Then there's my husband. God bless him, but man, is he annoying. When my daughter see's him driving down her street to come and visit her she locks the door and pulls the shades. Doesn't stop him though, he just uses his key...he knows they are in there. They can't trick him, no sir. I'm not allowed to let him answer the phone when ever the kids call. He always does his Elmer Fudd impression and they don't really think that's funny any more. But lucky, lucky, all of you! Come October 16, 2004 you are all going to meet him and spend some quality time together! As big as the Magic is......oh well, you'll see.

By the way, I still haven't went to the Acme.

tevagirl
10-26-2003, 11:43 AM
By the way.....hello to everyone else on the board! And don't worry.....just because Joe (my husband) and Rose are going to be bonding on our cruise, he'll still get to spend some time with all of you!

Denine
10-27-2003, 10:08 AM
I was just reading about some of the changes on the Magic after drydock. They sound interesting, but they will all be old hat by the time we get on board. I wish we could cruise sooner, plus this cruise.
Geez, I just got home from vacation and I am already looking longingly for the next ones.

takemeaway
10-27-2003, 11:15 AM
Good morning from Smokey San Diego:

Kids have off today. No, it isn't a snow day, it is a California fire day. Air quality is awful.

Denise, first let me say that you are very funny. You are ALMOST as funny as me!

Second, I am half Italian, so yelling at your mother so she can hear me would be nothing out of the ordinary. We yell at the dinner table just to make sure someone passes the salt.

Finally, I have no problem bonding with Joe on the cruise. However, he is going to have to follow the same rules as the rest of the family. If you could start working with him now about the rules, perhaps by next October he will be able to follow directions in public. Also, if the rules are not followed, he will be tossed overboard. (I was just about to toss my oldest son overboard last cruise when the stateroom host came in and told me they will fine me if I throw anything overboard...even a child). I am not paying anymore for him than I have to.

Rules:

Rule 1: NO EXCESSIVE WHINING. I determine excess whining and when it becomes too much you will be tossed overboard.

Rule 2: NO SCRATCHING, SNIFFING, BURPING OR OTHER BODILY SOUNDS AT THE DINNER TABLE.

Rule 3: If you see Mickey Mouse do not scream at the younger children that he is just a man in a costume.

Rule 4: Everything is about ME, ME, ME....not you , you , you.

Those are just the starter rules. Work with Joe on those and then we I will add more.

;)

tevagirl
10-27-2003, 06:10 PM
Hello Everyone!

Denine...the minute you come back from a vacation that vacation becomes null and void and no longer counts. So it is okay to look forward to your next vacation even though you are still on the plane coming home from the first one.

I can't really make any comments about the changes on the Magic since this was our first cruise. As a matter of fact I didn't know there was a coffee cafe on board until I read about it when I came home. I would have liked that. Oh well, next year I'll be checking that out.

Julie....how are you and that baby doing? I am over my daughter's house right now watching my new grandbaby, Andrew. He's sound asleep, swinging away.

Rose.....Joe doesn't follow rules very well. When our kids were little I would take them to WDW every year. My girlfriend and her daughter would go with us. Joe always stayed home. We did this year after year for about 15 years. Never did we lose any of the kids nor each other. And that is because we all followed the rules. One year Joe decided to go with us. We lost him in the first park. For 5 hours. I wanted to throw him off the monorail but those Disney people frown at that too.

Well, my daughter is back so I am going to go home and yell at Joe. He won't know what for but he's used to that.

Talk to you all later! Denise

Mickey02
10-28-2003, 09:12 AM
Good Morning!

Just getting ready to start another fun day at work.

I am still trying to get use to the new names on this board.
It will be fun meeting new people. We will have to set up a
meeting time and place.

Started decorating for Christmas last night. It usually takes 2
weeks to get all the decorations up. Phew! I went to the florist and order a table arrangement. Now if I could just finish my shopping.

Denine
10-28-2003, 10:58 AM
You guys are too funny. I get interesting pictures in my head reading your posts. :teeth:

Barb: We won't be putting up the tree until we are back from our trip in December. Then I don't know how I am going to keep Kaleigh away from it. She is starting to think about taking a step by herself, so she will probably be walking by Christmas.

takemeaway
10-28-2003, 05:21 PM
Hi Denine:

I was talking to Maureen, (we know her from a recent cruise) and she said she knows you from a cruise. She said, you, Jerry and "your beautiful" daughter Kaleigh are great people. She also said that I have to be nice to you so I will try my best.

How old is Kaleigh? I know some people put gates around their Christmas trees so the toddlers can't get to the ornaments. Funny, I remember I couldn't wait for my sons to walk and talk and now I am always saying, "Sit down and be quiet." How things change.

Barb, you are very efficient with those Christmas decorations. I could use you around here. And Barb, make sure you tell me where the "meeting place" is on the ship. People invite me to parties all the time but never give me their address. I can't imagine why that happens so frequently.

WEll, another fire day today. Kids are loving this no school stuff. I am ready for things to get back to normal. The air quality is so bad that the kids can't go out and play which means they are inside making their crazy mother crazier! :crazy:

Rose

Denine
10-29-2003, 10:55 AM
Rose: I hope you aren't affected by the fires too much!

Yes, we do know Maureen. We just met up again at Mickey's Halloween party on the 16th. They were also gracious hosts to us in January and on Memorial Day where Kaleigh got to go swimming for the 1st time. I asume then, that you also met Beano and Kamy. We've cruise with Beano twice and Kamy once.

Kaleigh is 13 months and into everything. I just can't come up with a good way to gate the tree.

okwmeister
10-29-2003, 02:06 PM
Get ready to Rumble!!!!

Yes we will be cruising together for a third time!!! Christy will be excited to hear that we are hooking up again for another cruise. Boardwalk4me and matty204 are also signed up

Can't wait to meet Kaleigh!

This is great news....

Doug, Christy, Cori and Connor

takemeaway
10-29-2003, 03:41 PM
Hi Denine:

I did cruise with Kamy and Beano. I didn't really get to sit down and chat with them because my children were always around. Fortunately, I did get to chat with Maureen for a little while. She is such a sweetheart. She speaks very highly of you and your family. I tried to pay her big bucks to say the same nice things about me but she refuses. And, most importantly, I did see Tim without his shirt on doing the YMCA...just like hundreds of other cruisers. He said it was his 5th time. I think he should get one big medal for having the courage to do it 5 times.

Seems like a lot of the people on this cruise already know each other. It should be a fun time to get together with your old DIS friends and make some new ones.

wildernessgirl
10-30-2003, 02:29 AM
HI everyone! Just checking in. Been busy with Halloween coming up and Makenzie and her school. SHe has her school Halloween party on Friday. It is cute. They all wear their costumes and sing and tell stories.

I had my doctor's appointment today. I'm doing fine, just a little tired, I had my 1 hour glucose test come back abnormal so I had to go for a 3 hour test. That one came back normal. Go figure! My doctor said that the first hour reading came back high, but the 2 and 3 hour came back normal. Heart beat is good and strong and now I see him every 3 weeks. He also told me that if the baby doesn't "make an apppearance" by Jan 7th, he will induce me so that the baby will be born then. He said that since I had 2 births that went smooth and problem free, he will let me go on the 7th. SOOOO, that was good news. Let's see when this baby wants to come into the world. Now if only I had names!!!! So far we only have a few girl names and 1 boys name. SOOOOOOO that leads me to believe that it is going to be a boy.

HI to all the new faces on the thread! Looking forward to meeting everyone! this sounds like a great crew!

Have a great day!

Mickey02'sMom
10-30-2003, 08:33 AM
Julie, Jan 7th is a good date....that's my birthday!

I am going to have to get all the new names straight before the cruise....I just got the ones from our last cruise to where I know who is who....

There will be over 20 just in our family alone....sure is going to be a fun time for all......

Our weather is still holding out here in Colorado....it was in the 70's yesterday and when I went to bed it was still 68. They keep saying a change is coming.....it is very dry and now we have two big fires going up by Denver. We can't see anything but they can see the smoke in Denver.....

Today is movie day with my grandaughter...it is her day off and then Survivor tonight. Can't wait to see what they are going to do with all the members that was voted off.

Mickey02
10-30-2003, 10:16 AM
Good Morning!

I was a slacker yesterday. I was busy with some reports I was creating. Ugh!

Made reservations for Candlelight this December. I didn't get the day I wanted because it was already booked but at least we did get in. PHEW!!

I am so looking forward to meeting everyone. :hyper:

Denine
10-30-2003, 10:52 AM
Doug: Glad to see you checking in!

I have Tim sans shirt from the DVD Beano made after last years cruise! Yes, he should get a prize!

Sally: Since you already know your 20 people, then all you have to remember are the new names and you already know me and Julie.

It is nice to hear good things from Maureen! We got along quite well with her and her family.

okwmeister
10-30-2003, 02:44 PM
Denine:

Are Maureen and Frank also on this cruise.

doug

takemeaway
10-30-2003, 02:54 PM
Hi Doug:

My name is Rose and my family and myself cruised with Maureen and Frank this year. AS of now, Maureen and Frank are thinking about going on the RCCL next year. She wanted to go for her birthday in July but the price was twice as much as an October date. I told her to come on this cruise with all the "fun" people but I think she is leaning towards the other cruise line.

Looking forward to meeting you and I hope I didn't bud in. I had just pm'd Maureen last week and she told me of her plans.

tevagirl
10-30-2003, 10:11 PM
Hello Everyone,

Just finished watching Survivor and thought I'd check in. Does anyone else just want to smack the you know what out of Jon?
What a baby.

Barb....I envy you! I love the Candlelight Procession. I think it is so beautiful. I read some where that Andy Garcia is going to be one of the readers this year. I would give my first born to be there that night! Of course, she's 31 now so I might not get any takers.

Julie....the time is going to fly now with all the holidays coming up. Before you know it, it'll be baby time! I can't believe that November is here already. I just finally decorated for Halloween (threw a pumpkin on the front step) and now it's practically time to think about Christmas. Some names.... Aiden? Ty? Caden?

Rose....I miss you! Hope the air is clearing up for you and the kids are back in school......sanity is such a fragile thing. You really can lose it quickly and kids home from school and not allowed outside could just push you right over the edge. They are really good at that. It's their job.

takemeaway
10-31-2003, 08:57 AM
BOOOOOOO! Did I scare you? Happy Halloween Everyone.

Denine: What is Kaleigh going to be for Halloween? Remember at this age, you can steal all her candy and she won't even know!

Barb: Please tell me what the CAndlelight Procession is? It sounds like a beautiful way to celebrate the holiday.

Denise: Is Joe dressing up for Halloween or just being himself. Please don't let him answer the door to give out candy. I heard last year young children ran screaming from your home

WEll, I watched Survivor and I DON'T LIKE IT. If you are voted off the island, you LOSE. You shouldn't have a chance to come back. I am writing a letter to Mark Burnett and Jeff Probst. They need a piece of my mind. AND JON IS SUCH A SNAKE. He better not win!!!!

Have a terrific day everyone. The Incredible Hulk and Robin ( I am not sure what happened to BAtman...kind of worries me) will be running around my house today. I can't wait to eat the candy they bring home.

Mickey02'sMom
10-31-2003, 09:30 AM
I am with you....I thought it was very unfair of them to bring the losers back and even though they said they had a restricted diet you know it wasn't as bad as the survivors were eating plus they got rested up so of course they would win. If I was the survivors I would be very upset. I was surprised Jon didn't get voted off. I bet the losers that get back in the tribe only last the one week.

Denine
10-31-2003, 11:15 AM
Rose: Kaleigh is going to be Minnie. We went to Mickey's Halloween party on October 16th and that is how she was dressed. She looked sooo cute! Oh, and she trades her candy for Cheerios. I will wear my Princess Minnie ears to hand out candy while Jerry takes Kaleigh out.

I'll have to e-mail Maureen. She was wishy washy about this last cruise and chose DCL.

The 10/23 cruisers are trying to make the number of posts in our thread a competition.

Mickey02
10-31-2003, 11:32 AM
Good Morning!

I am sitting in Camelot today. My team is the defending champs with the Halloween decorating contest and we are out to win again!

Hummm a cheerleader with hairy legs and long blue hair just passed my desk....Takes all kinds!

Denine
10-31-2003, 03:39 PM
Barb: When will you find out the winner?

MO64RN
10-31-2003, 04:36 PM
Hi Ya all!!!

Greetings from :sunny: Florida. I am not cruising with you guys but thought I would make myself at home on your thread since I know many of you already and since I don't have a future cruise booked at this time.

You guys don't mind if I hang out and chat once in a while? Do you?

takemeaway
10-31-2003, 07:15 PM
Maureen you can stay under one condition....you tell everyone on this thread what a great person I am and be sincere about it. Actually Maureen, I think you need to pull the kids out of school and just come on this cruise with us. I will be nice to your face...behind your back is a totally different story though!

Glad you are here!:tongue:

okwmeister
10-31-2003, 11:55 PM
Hi Maureen!

I really think you and Frank should look into this cruise. It's been over a year now........we missed you this last October.

Nice to see you posting on this thread.

Rose: I wonder, have you cruised with Beano in the past?

Doug

MO64RN
11-01-2003, 08:25 AM
Originally posted by takemeaway
Maureen you can stay under one condition....you tell everyone on this thread what a great person I am and be sincere about it. Glad you are here!:tongue:

Rose is everything she says above and then some.

We cannot cruise this week. Our Fall break is the week before your cruise. I cannot take the kids out of school. It will be DS's first year of HS.

Doug,
We ended up on the Wonder cruise Oct. 12. That is where we met Rose. Beano was also on that cruise.

How was the "cruiseoctoberfest"?

Did you guys ever make it to Orlando last June?

How did Christy's knee surgery go? Did she make a full recovery?

Hope all is well.

Well today is the day of the week I play catch up. Laundry, errands, shopping, baseball(ds), etc. Tonight we are meeting Frank's cousins who are in town at Downtown Disney. I think we are going to the Rainforest Cafe. I should be able to get a little Disney fix down there.

Denine
11-03-2003, 10:53 AM
Maureen: You are more than welcome to stick around!

I have such cruise withdrawl. Last year we cruised 3 times (back to back on the Magic last Octoberand a Panama Canal cruise the April before) and this year we weren't able to cruise at all. Now we have to wait until next October to cruise. You have to help me through this. At least we have our WDW trips in between. We are hoping to go again in February after our December trip.
They are calling for another horrible winter and I have to get out of Dodge!

We were considering doing back to backs again next year, but we really want to go on a 10-day Princess cruise that goes to Grenada in the spring of 2005. We went to Grenada for our honeymoon.

okwmeister
11-03-2003, 04:02 PM
Maureen: Christy's knee is much better, about 90% with only a few minor hangups.

Cruisetoberfest was fabulous! The DIS group had many ideas that were great fun, especially the scavenger hunt on Key West.

We will be at WDW over Christymas for two weeks. Let's try to connect during the holidays???/

Doug and Christy

Denine
11-04-2003, 10:49 AM
Kaleigh started walking last night!!!! Now she need the confidence to take off by herself. Right now you have to start walking with her and let go and she keeps going.

We have our next trips booked :Pinkbounc February and May!

tevagirl
11-04-2003, 04:25 PM
CONGRATULATIONS, KALEIGH!!

Look out Mommy! Hope the house is Kaleigh proof!

Denine
11-05-2003, 07:48 PM
Where is everyone? Julie, Barb, Sally?????

I could really use a nice massage right now with the darkened room, the tranquil music and that spa smell........:cutie:

Mickey02'sMom
11-05-2003, 08:05 PM
Just checking in Denine.....I have been busy the last couple days. We just got home from the store....I wanted Rum Raisin ice cream....I had it on our cruise and needed a fix....

The weather has been pretty good...cold but not too cold and they said maybe a few snowflakes tonight.

My favorite thing to do in the evening is turn on the fireplace and watch tv....we got a 57 inch this summer and I love it....almost like going to the movies...and of course have popcorn.

But tonight there isn't anything on that is very good so am going to scrapbook.....

Have a great evening....enjoy your spa.....

Mickey02'sMom
11-05-2003, 08:07 PM
Just checking in Denine.....I have been busy the last couple days. We just got home from the store....I wanted Rum Raisin ice cream....I had it on our cruise and needed a fix....

The weather has been pretty good...cold but not too cold and they said maybe a few snowflakes tonight.

My favorite thing to do in the evening is turn on the fireplace and watch tv....we got a 57 inch this summer and I love it....almost like going to the movies...and of course have popcorn.

But tonight there isn't anything on that is very good so am going to scrapbook.....

Have a great evening....enjoy your spa.....if only in your dreams

Denine
11-06-2003, 11:33 AM
It is cold and rainy today.

I love the fireplace. I just need Jerry to go down and get some wood. The problem is there is no place in the garage for wood yet.

wildernessgirl
11-06-2003, 02:45 PM
Hi everyone! Just checking in! Nothing exciting going on here. Boy what a change in the weather! It did a total weather 360 degrees! But what else is new in Cleveland!

Gonna go and try to get some stuff done around the house! Will check back in later!

tevagirl
11-06-2003, 07:06 PM
Where are we? How come I can't find our page? Is it me?

I have to go to my MIL's 87th birthday party tonight. Do you know what keeps her going? Disney World. She loves it there, She goes every year. In fact, we celebrated her 80th birthday by going down Splash Mountain. I was the only one brave enough to go with her. Everyone else thought she would have a heart attack on the way down. Chickens.

Have to go....somebody tell me where we are, okay?

Denine
11-07-2003, 10:13 AM
I always seem to miss the thread. I just look for my name as the thread starter. It seems easier that way.

Oh, to be on a warm cruise right now. We do leave 3 weeks from tomorrow for WDW! :Pinkbounc

Splash Mountain at 80! That is terrific!

takemeaway
11-08-2003, 10:30 AM
Good morning everyone.

I know, I know. Stop crying. I know you must have missed me terribly. It is okay. I am here now. (loves a little drama)

Last day of soccer games today. I am soooo happy. Next is T-ball but that doesn't start until February. I have 3 months to recover from the weird parents screaming at their 5 year old to kick the ball. I wouldn't mind going to the games if my son knew which goal was his! At this stage in his life, does it really matter if your kid kicks the ball into the goal.....NOOOOOOO! Frustrating to watch parents get all riled up over something so trivial.

I am doing great. Thanks for asking. Looking forward to some pumpkin pie and juicy turkey.

Denise? Are you cooking this year? What time do you want us to come over to your house? 2 pm? What can I bring? I don't want to cook so make sure it is something I can buy at Acme!

Maureen, are you cooking this year or are you going to NY to visit with relatives? I think they should come down to see you where it is nice and warm.

It has been about 70 here. Gets cold out night though....60ish. (smiling mischieveously at everyone freezing their butts off).

Nordstrom's half yearly sale is going on. If you are size 4 or 6 you can get some great capris for next year. (Seems like those are the only sizes left online). Also, if you are a size 4 or 6, most women in America hate you!

Okay, I am done. Hope all is well. Will check in again. I hope you guys miss me. I love to feel wanted.

MO64RN
11-08-2003, 09:04 PM
Rose, I am cooking Turkey this year (2nd year in a row). Frank' parents are here as well as some Aunt's and cousin's over on the west coast. Don't want to go to NY too cold!!!!!!! Brrrr!!!!!!
Not to mention all the clothing and coats I would need to purchase.

I went to Nordsrom's the other day. I didn't get one thing. Except my clinique bonus. I did better at JCP. They have been having awesome sales.

Our temps are still in the 80's. We are having georgeous weather.

Hey did anyone catch the lunar eclipse?

Denine
11-09-2003, 06:02 PM
Thanksgiving: I work in the morning, then on to my parents for brunch with my brother and his family, then off to Jerry's parents for dinner, then home to collapse. I usually make something to take both places.

2 days after that we are on our way back to WDW!

tevagirl
11-11-2003, 10:46 PM
Rose......dinner is at 4......bring your can opener, we have the Chef-Boy-R-Dee! Do you want beef ravioli or cheese? Oh, I am so excited.......company's coming! I told Joe we would get us some friends one of these day.

Denine
11-12-2003, 10:54 AM
Denise: LOL!

okwmeister
11-13-2003, 01:24 PM
Tevagirl and Denine:

I am having the same problem with this thread? It never appears on the cruise line forum page?? The only way I retrieve it is through a bookmark. I wonder what's happening?

Maureen, We will be at the World for two weeks Dec through January 3rd...staying at OKW. Do you and the family have plans to be in the area during that time, if so we should hook up!

Doug

tevagirl
11-13-2003, 10:15 PM
Oh thank goodness, Doug! I thought I was losing it....almost doubled up on the old medication. I don't know what's going on but I still can't find this thread without doing a search or book marking it. Anybody else know why?

takemeaway
11-13-2003, 10:50 PM
I know why you can't find the thread , but I am not gonna tell you guys. Okay, I will tell you but you owe me big time.

There is now a "cruise meet" forum. Go to the regular Disney cruise line forum. At the very top of the threads there is a new forum called, "Cruise meets." You click on that and it will take you to all the cruise meeting threads. The cruise meeting threads are no longer on the main board. WE have been shuffled off to another forum.

You don't have to thank me now. Please wait until you meet me and then I would like my payment in drinks. Lots and Lots of drinkS!

Denise, I wanted Turkey Chef-boy-R-Dee. Actually, I think DH and I have other plans at 4pm on Thanksgiving Day. However, I will be sending the children. They would prefer CAptain Crunch without milk. They don't like anything wet on their food....no ketchup, no mayo, no milk!

Maureen, your in-laws are in Florida now? They are staying until Thanksgiving? They are staying with you? Wow, Maureen, you really are saint! If my mother-in-law was here NOw for Thanksgiving, I would either be drinking heavily or going to Walmart to buy a firearm....for me!

Denine
11-14-2003, 10:46 AM
Rose: I agree with you about the in-law thing. I feel like drinking after only a couple of hours with them! :crazy:

Nothing much going on here.

MO64RN
11-16-2003, 05:55 AM
As it stands right now Doug we will be around. No travel plans for us right now.

Rose, luckily for us my inlaws have their own place.

We are getting ready to book our cruise for next year. Just shopping around to see if there are any deals.

okwmeister
11-16-2003, 09:25 AM
Takemeaway: Isn't that a hoot! Finding this thread was harder than finding the hidden mickey's at Artist Point!

Doug

tevagirl
11-17-2003, 08:15 PM
My goodness, Rose, everything they have said about you is true...and you're smart, too! I will certainly buy you that drink when we are on the ship. I will not, however, feed your children on Thanksgiving. I have this feeling (and please correct me if I am wrong) that you might just "forget" exactly where you put the little darlings for the holidays. See, I have three children and even though they are grown now, I have not forgotten any of the survival tactics that you learn as a mother of small children. As a matter of fact, Joe and I have even tried the Thanksgiving one a few times over the years. It is amazing how fast the police can track a person down.

Anyway, thanks for the info, I have to go to bed now. We had a baby shower for my niece here over the weekend and I am pooped. Hard work opening up all those cans of Chef-Boy-R-Dee.
(And I bet you thought we only brought out the good stuff for the holidays!)

alisbarc
11-17-2003, 09:59 PM
Hello All,
Just got back from the 11/08/2003 Western Cruise. Had so much fun we are doing the 10/16/2004 Eastern.

There are 6 of us. Myself (David), my DW (Alison) and our 4 children Mary(14), Tim(11), Matthew (6) and Andrew (5) (ages at cruise time).

There were about 150 of us Dis board folks on the 10/16 cruise. Had a meet the first night, a wine tasting, and a couple of other activities. We looked really sharp in our Lime Green group T-shirts.

I'm not one to plan this far out so I will be just lurking around till probably Feb or March next year. We just moved into a new house and got a ton of unpacking to do, hang pictures, etc. Then comes the holidays. With 4 kids its always a little crazy between Thanksgiving and New Year. Usually takes me most of January to recouperate.

Looking forward to meeting everyone.

ttfn
david

takemeaway
11-18-2003, 01:05 AM
First let me welcome David to the this wonderful group. I don't mind you "lurking around". Actually, I think there is someone that lurks outside our bedroom window at night but that is probably a whole other thread....heck that is probably a whole other board. My name is Rose and I am traveling with my DH and 2 DS's...unless I can sell any of them on ebay for a good price.

Denise, you already invited us to Thanksgiving dinner. You CANNOT take back an invitation . I promise to pick the kids up before Christmas and I will supply the Capt Crunch.

Denise, a while back you said your daughter was 31. I know for a fact that you are not a day over 40 which means you had to have your daughter at age 9. Isn't that illegal in most states? I can't wait to hear this story.

Raises her wine glass to Denine and says, "Here is to our in-laws"

Maureen, have you found out any information about your cruise? I saw that RCCL has a rock climbing wall and an ice skating rink. Does the ship that you want to sail on have those things? I would love that!!!!!

Parent/Teacher conference tomorrow. It is always the same old thing. Rose, your child is perfect, just like his mother....blah, blah, blah.

Have a great day everyone. AND Please, don't take anything I say seriously unless I am asking for money!!!

tevagirl
11-18-2003, 06:19 PM
Hello, Denine.
Hello, Julie.....how are the baby names coming along?
Hello, Rose.....you're right...I am not a day over 40. I have not been a day over 40 for 11 years now. Next time you see the lurker.....yell out "Hey Joe" and see if he answers. I am very interested in where my husband goes at night and, after all, that is how I met him.

Well, the bill has come in with the deposit charges for the cruise next year. I have to pay that and my car insurance this week so I am already officially broke (and we haven't even gotten paid yet). I don't think I can afford Thanksgiving this year. I said, ROSE, I don't think I can afford Thanksgiving this year. I guess I'll have to cancel dinner. I was so looking forward to it this year, what with Rose and her family coming and all. I've heard her children are just darling. Oh well, there's always next year.

My youngest son is on his way over to borrow money because he's hungry and there's nothing in his house to eat and he has no money. I knew I shouldn't have answered the phone.

Gotta go.....Bye

MO64RN
11-19-2003, 07:39 AM
Rose,
RCCL Mariner of the seas has the rock climbing wall and ice rink. We booked the other day and I am so excited. Booked 2 rooms. One for us and one for the kids. We invited some family members and so far My BIL and his DW booked.

Had the parent/teacher conference thing yesterday. Had to wait too long!!! She had several people booked at the same time.

Denine
11-20-2003, 11:14 AM
David, welcome to our group!

I love to sign on just to see what Rose and Denise have to say. You guys are good for a laugh!

Just trying to get ready for the holidays and WDW. We must be completely loaded since we are having turkey and the works for Thankgiving. Of course, MIL is cooking, so that is the price I pay. A day with the in-laws :duck:

Maureen: You will have to tell how you enjoy your RCCL cruise.

tevagirl
11-20-2003, 10:19 PM
Poor Rupert.....the tribe has spoken and he got the axe. He was getting a little scary, don't you think? A couple of french fries short of a Happy Meal if you ask me. He was kind of normal in the beginning. Must have been the sleep deprivation. Or Jon. I'd like to machete his coconut and I'm not even stuck on an island with him.

Have to go to bed....Good night.

takemeaway
11-23-2003, 01:14 AM
Just thought I would check in. I know you guys missed me. It is hard for me to be humble when I am loved by soooo many. Me and Brittany...yep, we got it going on!

Denise, I was very sorry to hear about your money issues this Thanksgiving. I was heartbroken when I heard you were going to have to cancel dinner. WEll, Denise, I have a surprise for YOU!!!!!!!!! Are you ready?

I have decided to bring the groceries with me when I drop the children off for dinner. Yes, it is a Thanksgiving Miracle. Ohhhh, you don't have to thank me. No, No, NO....it is a pleasure to feed the hungry this time of year. Tell your son he can come too. I will bring enough Captain Crunch and milk so that everyone can enjoy! I am such a giver....give , give , give. I bet you didn't know that my middle name is Giver!

Maureen, I have been checking out that Mariner of the Seas ship on the RCCL website. It looks fantastic. You have to pick me up some information when you go (i.e. kids clubs, excursions). WE are definitely sailing with them next time. I think the Mariner is going to give Disney a run for its money. We noticed a lot of similarities between Disney and the Mariner.

I am making my list for Santa. You think diamonds instead of cubic zirconia is too much to ask for this year? I have been very good...considering!

I hope everyone has a wonderful holiday. Denise, I will see you at noon. Besides my family and health, I am thankful for oreo cookies and muzzles for children (those are okay to use, right?)

tevagirl
11-23-2003, 09:29 AM
Muzzles, leashes, whatever it takes.

I am sorry to have to tell you this, Rose, but we moved. And I don't know our address. Yes, I am stupid.

I am most thankful for our health and that my family can all be together this year. I mean, if they can find us.

Talk to you all later, Denise

Denine
11-25-2003, 11:23 AM
I have been bad at posting. My 11 yo cat was diagnosed with renal failure on Friday and we will probably need to put her to sleep before we leave for WDW on Saturday.

tevagirl
11-25-2003, 07:53 PM
Sorry about your kitty, Denine. Yesterday I had to take one of mine to be put to sleep. She wasn't a very nice cat so even though we had her for 9 years no one ever bonded with her. I swear she needed prozac (and that isn't a joke). The other one, on the other hand, is very loving and affectionate. Anyway, good luck.
Denise

Denine
11-26-2003, 06:58 PM
We had our sweet Shannon put to sleep today. We will miss her terribly. Our other cat, Ollie, isn't sure what has happened yet.

Denise: Sorry about your cat. She sounds like my mom's cat.

wide awake
11-27-2003, 01:09 PM
Hi,
My husband, son, mother, and I will be on the 10/16/04 Eastern cruise. My DH, DS, and myself were on the 10/11/03 Western and we all loved it, so had to make reservations before leaving the ship. The upcoming trip is a surprise to my mother, which I will tell her about after I have made the final payment in August. I originally chose DCL because my 13 year old son is autistic, and he adores baths, and DCL is the only line where there are tubs in all the rooms. My DH is in the AF, currently in Spain, and I teach home school students, so I am at home. I love to read, cook, and travel, and next year's trips are to Honolulu, possibly Yellowstone, and of course the cruise. Bye for now.

Denine
11-28-2003, 08:41 PM
Wideawake: Welcome!

I hope everyone had a good Thanksgiving!

We are off to WDW in the morning!!!!!!!! : :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :hyper: :hyper: :wave: ::MickeyMo ::MinnieMo

takemeaway
11-28-2003, 11:10 PM
Denine: I hope you and your family have a great vacation.

Wide Awake: Welcome to our group. I won't name names, but there are some crazy people on this cruise. Must have been a little tough spending the holiday without your husband. Welcome again.

Denise: I saw you at the mall today. It is so weird because I called your name and chased after you but you were in a big hurry. It was kind of like you were avoiding me. But, I know that you would never do that to me.

The great news is that I followed you home and got your street address. I was going to come in and say hello but I left my 4 year old at the toy store and needed to retrieve him. I am so excited about being able to spend Christmas and New Year's with you and Joe.

Well, that's all for now. You know, I don't think I have a problem with eating too much on Thanksgiving. I think it is the drinking that wipes me out. I am not quite sure how one glass of wine turns into a bottle! Must be something in the turkey that makes ya forget!

wildernessgirl
11-29-2003, 03:21 PM
HI everyone! SOrry for being a lurker lately. Everyone is doing fine and if all goes well, the baby will be here sometime after the first of the year.

Welcome to everyone who I haven't said it to. I have been reading the thread so I know what has been going on.

We leave tomorrow for Disney!!!! We will be seeing Denine down there puls some of the folks we sailed with on our Oct 19th 2002 cruise. Getting excited!!!!

Keep the thread going and we will all check in when we get back!

Have a great weekend!

tevagirl
12-02-2003, 08:15 PM
Hello Wide Awake and welcome. We were also on the 10/11 Western cruise. It was our first one and we loved it. Can't wait for the next one. Please, don't mind Rose....humor her and she's pretty harmless. Just don't tell her where you live.

Hello Rose! We missed you at Thanksgiving dinner. We had the spare room all made up and ready for your little darlings. I guess they were still locked in the toy store? You know, that's illegal too. One of these days those kids are going to start talking and then it's going to be all over for you. They will name names and tell everything. Believe me, I know, I speak from experience. You just can't trust them, they hold grudges.

I guess Julie and Denine are hanging out with the Mouse. Lucky them. Hope they are having a ball.

See you all later, Denise

Denine
12-10-2003, 08:30 PM
We are back. We got home about 6 PM. We had a great time. Too bad we had to come back to cold and rain. At least we missed some snow while we were gone.

tevagirl
12-10-2003, 10:32 PM
Welcome back! Glad you had a nice time and a safe trip.

takemeaway
12-12-2003, 06:40 PM
Denine, I am glad you made it back safe.

I am off to Tahoe to visit with the mother-in-law for 5 days. Five very long days. But do not worry! I have packed the car with a case of wine and some bottles of prozac!

If I don't get to write before the holidays, stay safe and healthy and pray for peace.

Denise, I will be arriving Christmas day for dinner in your new home. Please, Please, Please, make sure you have presents for the whole family. I don't want you to feel embarrassed when I show up at the door with my hands full of presents from the Dollar store.

All my best and I will see ya next year!

tevagirl
12-13-2003, 09:30 AM
Rose.

I shop at the Dollar store, too! As a matter of fact all your presents came from there also....plus Christmas dinner! Who needs Target, Macy's, and Sears, give me a good old fashion Dollar store. The bargains are endless. I just wish they had a lay-away plan, don't you?

Have a safe trip and a wonderful holiday! See you Christmas morning!! (Bring the Prozac.)

Denine
12-16-2003, 11:00 AM
Sorry I have been AWOL. We have been so exhausted since being home plus I am still trying to get ready for Christmas.

I need wine and some prozac just to visit for a day! :crazy: I can't imagine staying with the in-laws any longer than that!

Denine
12-22-2003, 11:34 AM
Don't know if I will get a chance to post again before Christmas. So, Merry Christmas!!!!!!!!

tevagirl
12-22-2003, 08:24 PM
Right back at you, Denine, and to everyone else too! I hope everyone has a safe and Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Denise

wide awake
12-22-2003, 08:28 PM
Hi all,
Thanks for the welcoming replies. A question...I've booked Cat 7 rooms, but am wondering if Cat 9 would do just as well. We loved our Cat 6 last time. I'm nervous about spending the money, I've booked two cabins this time...my DH wants me to stick with the 7s, 6140 and 6142...I need some feedback here...DH and DS are always willing to spend money, and I am the wet blanket. An Autism conference is going on in Chicago at the end of May, and I've booked it, and the difference in cabin prices would pay for the conference itself and the hotel room. On another topic...I think I read awhile back about a winetasting with the group...not the DCL one, I did that last time and plan on repeating the experience. Finally, welcome to everyone new. We have less than 10 months !

wide awake
12-22-2003, 08:29 PM
I forgot...Merry Christmas !!!!!!!!!!!

tevagirl
12-26-2003, 06:11 PM
Hello,

Hope everyone had a nice Christmas. We did, but boy, am I pooped! My middle child finally popped the question to his girlfriend and they are officially engaged! I am very happy. His girlfriend, Kate, is a really nice girl and I like her alot.

My little grandbaby, Andrew, is sick. He has croup. Poor little guy.

Anyway, just wanted to check in and say "Happy Holidays" and have fun on New Years but stay safe.

Denise

P.S. Rose....where the heck were you? That's the last time I'm cooking for you. I sold your presents and put the six bucks back in my bank account. Your loss.

takemeaway
12-27-2003, 11:08 AM
Good morning everyone and Happy New Year.

Denise, sorry to hear about your grandbaby. The kids were sick while at grandma's house. We all gave her the flu before we left. I told her it was her Christmas present this year for being so good.

Did you warn your middle child about the reality of marriage? I think you need to sit him down and tell him the truth.

Finally Denise, when we knocked on your door Christmas day, no one answered. So, we spent the holidays with your next door neighbors. It was really too bad because at the last minute I was feeling guilty about your gifts so I stopped at Macy's and bought cashmere sweaters, Guess watches, and Tommy Hilfiger jackets for everyone. YOu can try and get these gifts from your neighbors but they don't really like you that much and probably won't give them up.

Everyone stay safe this New Year's Eve. I think hubby and I are gonna try and go out to dinner without the animals we call children. Don't worry, we will be home and in bed by 9pm.

tevagirl
12-27-2003, 12:34 PM
Hey, Rose.......how did my neighbor look? I heard she passed away a few months ago but you know how those darn rumors get started. I hope she looks good in my sweater and it is a good color for her. I hear she's looking a little pale these days.

No, I am not going to be having a marriage reality talk with my son...do I sound stupid? No one told me, I'm not telling him. I am also not going to mention anything about the joys of parenthood...I love paybacks and I have been waiting a long time for this one.

Happy New Year and I hope you and hubby get to go out for dinner.

Talk to you later....Denise

tevagirl
01-01-2004, 10:48 AM
Happy New year Everyone!

The turkey's in the oven, the Mummers are strutting on the television, the big guy is asleep (he worked last night) and it is a gorgeous, sunny day. Hope you all have a wonderful day!

Denise

Denine
01-01-2004, 06:28 PM
Happy New Year everyone! We had friends over last night and we spent the day at home today. I am stuffed!

Julie's baby should be here any day now.

Denise: Congrats on becoming a mother-in-law...I think! ;)

Wide Awake: Sorry, I have no advice. We have always booked cat 11. This trip, however, we are in a cat 6.

We finally made it to the same year as our cruise!

tevagirl
01-01-2004, 07:09 PM
Well, it's 6 hours later....the turkey's a carcass, the Mummers are still strutting, and the big guy's back asleep (he works tonight). The kids all went to their respective abodes and my house is quiet again. Guess I'll have to tackle the christmas decoratons this weekend. Not looking forward to that.

Talk to you all later....Denise.

takemeaway
01-02-2004, 03:06 PM
(HIC-UP)

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE! (hic-up). I thinking about continously drinking until the year 2005. Is that so wrong?

Well, another year to make another New Year Resolution. I have resolved this year not to make anymore resolutions. Plus, I have resolved to buy 1 less pair of shoes this year. Cutting down from 35 to 34 is gonna be hard but I think I can do it!

Well, we are now under the 300 mark for our cruise. It will be here before we know it.

What kind of work does your husband do Denise? Mine goes in for 6 nights starting tonight. He is a Nuclear Power Plant operator. You know, HOmer Simpson. He radiates my life!

Wishing you all the best of everything in 2004. And if you win a lottery, please remember me.

tevagirl
01-02-2004, 03:45 PM
Hey Rose....have you sobered up yet? I don't think you should drink clear through till 2005. By the time the cruise comes along you'll need another cabin just for your liver. My husband is a correction's officer at one of our state prisons. Every now and then I complain that I think he should get a day position and then we'll spend one of his night's off together and I rethink my thinking. Can't wait for you all to meet him. Just remember.. it is not legal to throw anyone overboard. I'm only kidding, you'll like him. He's a nice guy. Just don't make eye contact with him.

Julie....any baby yet? Good luck, we'll be thinking of you.

Denise

wildernessgirl
01-03-2004, 04:12 AM
No baby yet! Not getting much sleep either! I'll keep you all posted on the baby front!

My hubby is a sgt. on our police force. He works nights (10 pm to 8am) so I can understand the "nights off" thing very well.

Well, gonna go. Gonna try to get SOME sleep!

Hope everyone had a great New Year!

Denine
01-05-2004, 11:02 AM
Just saying hi. :wave2:

tevagirl
01-05-2004, 06:43 PM
Hi back at you.

takemeaway
01-06-2004, 02:03 AM
HI, HEY, HELLO, HOW ARE YOU AND WHAT'S HAPPENING?

Well, Frank , my 7 year old, has another week off from school and I am about to lose my mind. My preschooler goes back to school before the 1st grader. I'll tell ya, the public school system these days isn't what it used to be. I remember walking 5 miles in the snow to school....no it was a blizzard. I also remember when penny candy was really a penny. AHHHHHH, everyday I am sounding more and more like my mother.....HELP ME, PLEASE!!!!!!

Frank, the 7 year old, has his first Tiger Cub (boy scout) meeting next week. Okay, does this mean he is officially a Geek? Any ex-boy scouters out there? Were you a Geek? C'mon, be honest.

I asked Frank if he wanted to play T-ball or Soccer this year. He answered with a loud, "NO". YOu know what he wants to do? HE wants to bowl. Bowling and Boy Scouts. I do not see "JOCK" under his Senior class picture. (don't worry, I support everything he wants to do and I never call him a Geek to his face, just behind his back. Do you see years of therapy in his future?)

Denine, did you see Maureen when you were in Florida. I haven't seen her around lately. I am wondering if the MIL finally did her in.

Denise, does your husband remember me from my years in prison? I am innocent, ya know. I am INNOCENT!

Julie, please make sure we get the baby update. I am betting on 2 days after the due date and weighing in at 7lbs 14 ounces.

WEll, that's about all for now. Probably more than anyone wanted to hear, but does that stop me.....NOOOOOOOOOO!

tevagirl
01-06-2004, 07:23 PM
Come on, Rose, let's be fair.....they are all innocent.

Denine
01-08-2004, 04:36 PM
Julie's baby was born this morning! Brooke Marie and 8 pounds 4 oz., 20" long. They are both doing fine.

No, we did not see Maureen when we were down there. We were too busy having a reunion with cruisers from 2002. A bunch of us, including Julie, met down in WDW. I have heard from her though and they were visited by OKWmeister and his family.

Disney Magic: Take me away!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tevagirl
01-08-2004, 09:06 PM
A new Disney Princess! Congratulations to Julie and Brooke's Daddy. I hope all are doing well! (Maybe we could hook Brooke up with my new little grandbaby, Andrew, when we are on the cruise? He's just the right age and he's realy, really cute!)

takemeaway
01-08-2004, 09:14 PM
Congratulations to the new baby and Julie, the hard-working mom. So glad everyone is healthy.

So, who is next to have a baby.....Denine? Should we start planning a baby shower? I will bring a nice gift if you let me be in charge of the games.

Denine
01-09-2004, 11:01 AM
Garry sent us pictures of Brooke. She is so beautiful! I can't wait to see her. As far as fixing her up with Andrew...well, I'll leave that up to Julie and Garry.

As far as more babies...count me out. 1 adorable princess princess: is enough for me!

okwmeister
01-10-2004, 04:35 PM
Hey everyone;

Just a note to say we had a great 2 weeks at WDW OKW over the holidays. We spent a wonderful afternoon with Maureen, Frank and their family!! Unfortunately, I couldn't twist their arms into joining our cruise group...They send their well wishes to our
October 16th group.
Regarding the wine tasting, this has been a tradition started a few years ago and since then BEANO has hosted a few in his Cat 3 room. I would love to host but this year we will be in a Cat 10..
Perhaps we can make use of the back of the ship on deck 7?
Time to hit the slopes (what else is there to do in Minnesota when it's 15 degrees outsice)

Take care

Doug

GeneralMax
01-10-2004, 07:22 PM
Hello all! :wave2:

We just booked the 10/16 cruise. When we cruised last March we had such a fun time making friends on the Dis Board in advance that I thought I would see if anyone had started a thread. You look like a really big and friendly group.

Our group is me, DH (Steve), DD (Erin 13 in October) and DS (Max - 9).

:bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: I was so excited to post :that I did not read all the pages that had already been posted. Any kids around thoses ages?

Ruth

takemeaway
01-10-2004, 09:43 PM
Welcome back to the real world Doug. I wish Maureen would come on this cruise with us. I wanted so much to harass her and Frank a little more. I just didn't feel like I bothered them enough. IT is only when I make someone pull their hair out and scream loudly that I feel I have made my presence known.

Ruth welcome to my cruise....yes my cruise. I have taken over the ship. Actually, Ruth, there are some really strange people on this sail date. Stick with me and I will make sure you keep clear of them. I can help you.

Ruth, I have a son, Frank, that will be 8 when we set sail...unless I sell him on ebay. He is very dramatic and likes to whine a lot...like his father, of course....but maybe your son, Max, can pretend to be his friend on the ship. I will pay Max for his time and trouble.

Well, that is all for now. Kids go back to school on Monday. I am counting the minutes.

I hope Julie and baby are doing well and getting a little sleep at night.

tevagirl
01-11-2004, 12:50 PM
Welcome, Ruth! My grandson, Alec, will be on the cruise. He is 11 years old. You'll want to stay away from that Frank kid, I hear he likes to bowl. And don't even get me started on his Mother. Anyway, looking forward to hearing from you over the next few months!

Denise

GeneralMax
01-11-2004, 02:50 PM
Thanks for the welcome.

Max will be so glad to meet some boys this trip. Our last two cruises were all about girls. Erin Loved it!

Max and Frank will get along great. You will not see "Jock" under Max's school picture either. Although he does try to play baseball. He is more about "Bay Blades" (I think that is how you spell it) and Playstation 2. If there had not been computers in the kids lab I think he would have gone into withdrawal.

I am glad to hear about Alec as well. One of the nice thing about boys versus girls is that mix better across age groups. My 12 year old girls would tell me she as too "old" to play with an eight year old. I am assuming that if you think Frank whines you do not have a daughter. I tried the ebay thing they won't take her. :blush:

Ruth

tevagirl
01-11-2004, 02:58 PM
And they say you can sell anything on ebay. What a crock. (My daughter still whines and she's 31).

Boardwalk4me
01-11-2004, 06:36 PM
OKWmeister,
We were thinking of your family enjoying the "world" during the holidays. I heard the crowds were pretty heavy. Hopefully that says something for the economy.

We finalized our cruise, DD Lia decided she wanted to go so she will be going to school in the summer instead of the fall so she can go on both trips (Oct. cruise & grand gathering we have booked for 12 in early December). I had to re-book through MS and they gave us 2 Cat 11, Deck 7 cabins with the member on board offer. At first MS said no, because I had not booked 2 cabins right away but finally got the right person at MS that said Lia had cruised last year so she gave us member discount on both cabins.

FYI - found a 2 room suite at Quality suites in Cocoa Beach with the "Aloha" package for $89 a night for Oct. 15 It includes 2 room suite with 2 men's "Aloha" shirts (Jeff's happy, the brighter the better) from Cocoa Beach Surf shop and breakfast buffet for 4. It is about 2.5 miles past the Radisson at the Port. Checked on Shuttle service which is the drawback as they do not take reservations for the shuttle until you check in. But we figured we can take a taxi to the port if necessary for the difference over the Radisson. Planning the early arrival to the port like last year. I'll race you for first place in the Palo reservation line!! Quality Suites is 1 block from the beach and 1 block to Ron Jon Surf Shop. Radisson was $85 for 2 doubles for internet special with a $25.00 cancellation fee. Quality had no cancellation fee if canceled 3 days prior to arrival. I had to call 1-800-4-CHOICE to get this special as it was not available on the internet.

HI to GeneralMax from St. Paul. We are in Apple Valley. We met up with 2 other Minnesota families before we cruised last year together in October. We had a wonderful time. We have a 12 year old, DD Alisa and a DD Lia (21). So maybe we can get more info for our 12 year olds.
Alisa is in 6th grade. This will be our 4th Disney cruise. Alisa loves to snorkel. We moved to Apple Valley from St. Paul and used to live on the East Side. DH Jeff graduated from Harding.

We usually cruise this week due to MEA. So do a few other Minnesotans we found out last year.

Sorry to others on this board that I have not been posting, but life was a bit too hectic. We were in limbo until our older daughter decided how she was going to make her schedule work. We left it up to her to make the right decision for herself. We are delighted she is coming as this will be the first trip since 1996 that is only the 4 of us (no extended family or friends). With the exception of the great disboard members.

Nancy

:) :)

GeneralMax
01-11-2004, 11:23 PM
Hi Nancy-:wave2:

My DD Erin will be thrilled to hear about another 12 year old. Erin is in 7th grade. She made the cut off by days. We too are planning around MEA. At this age it gets too hard to pull them out of school. We live in Mendota Heights. Not to far from where you now are. I am not a native but my DH is a Minneapolis boy and these Minnesota boys NEVER leave Minnesota!

Thanks for the advice on the hotels. For the last two cruises we have flown out on Saturday morning but I am starting to think that Friday night is the way to go. We uaully get there well after they have satrted to let peopl on. It has not been much of problem for Palos or the kids program but getting SPA reservations has been the pits. I will as DH and start to look into it.

Ruth

Denine
01-12-2004, 10:48 AM
Welcome to the board Ruth!

Julie and the baby are doing fine. They went home Saturday afternoon. I hope to get there soon to see Brooke.

Doug: Glad you were able to get together with Maureen and Frank.

Nothing much going on here. Just trying to finalize travel plans for next month.

Mickey02
01-13-2004, 12:38 PM
Hi Everyone!!

I am going to try and post on this board again. I was so confused about who is and who is not going on this cruise I finally gave up posting.

Can someone give me an update about who is going on the cruise and who is just posting on this board??

There is about 28 people in my family going on this cruise.
Fun Fun Fun!!!

Barb

takemeaway
01-13-2004, 02:10 PM
HI Barb - I think everyone on this thread is going on the cruise except Maureen and Frank (MO64RN) and they haven't posted in a while because her MIL has taken over her life ( I made that up).

Wow Barb, you are very lucky. Twenty-eight family members should be great time. Are you doing the Disney World "Family Gathering " too or the cruise only? I don't think I have 3 family members that I like enough to invite on a cruise with me.

Denise, are you bringing the whole family with you or just the grandson?

So anyway, here is who is going in my family.

Rose (I have been called other names) DH (JOhn, a very patient man) DS1 (the challenging child) DS 2 (Perfect, takes after his mom).

That's all for now. Hope everyone is well.

Boardwalk4us
01-13-2004, 02:38 PM
Hi Mickey02 :wave2:

Welcome back!

I just started posting again on this board and we ARE going on this cruise. We have 4 in our family going, DH Jeff, DD Lia (21) and DD Alisa (12). We were in limbo for a little while but have finalized our plans. So far from Minnesota I know of 3 other families going because of this wonderful board.

Denine started this board and has been kept it going with several other devoted cruisers- THANK YOU!!! Denine, has anyone volunteered to be the keeper of the list??? I am not very computer literate so I doubt I would be much help. But would be willing to help out if needed.

General Max (Ruth)

We flew in on Friday last October during the day and OKWmeister flew in the evening. It did work out good for us and we were at the terminal early about 10:30 - 11:00, started boarding around 12:00 am and checked out our cabins, all reservations made at the spa and Palo's and were in line for afternoon buffet by about 1:30-2:00 pm. It started our vacation early and we knew we would either wait in line in the morning at the port ( we were in line with OKWmeister, Matty204 & their families) or we wait in line in the afternoon wishing we were on the ship already. So it did work out well for us as we didn't have to worry about plane delays.

All is quiet in Minnesota, sun is shining and no snow. But we need some snow, no cold, just snow.

Hi to All the cruisers!! :boat:

Nancy

Mickey02
01-13-2004, 03:17 PM
Thank you for the updates!!

Here who is going with us:

Me Barb, Husband Bob
daughters Missy(22), Jaymee(19)Tiffany(16)
maybe son Jason(24) and Missy's boyfriend Mike who is in Iraq right now but scheduled to come home in February!!! Yeahhhhhh

My Sister Patty and her family. Sister Linda and her daughter Cris
Mom and Dad.

Are you making plans to get together on the cruise?? Can we come too?? We are a part of the Oct 2002 cruise family with Denine. It has been wonderful staying in contact with our cruise family still.

Barb

tevagirl
01-13-2004, 07:24 PM
Okay, here's who's going.....Me (Denise), my husband Joe, my daughter Jill, her husband AJ and sons Alec (11) and Andrew (13 months at the time of the cruise). They were suppose to go with us last year on the October 11th cruise but Jill and AJ went to a christmas party and met up with "Captain Morgan" and well, the rest is history and Andrew was born on September 24. We took Alec with us along with his favorite cousin and they had a ball. Our youngest son Ted and his wife (Mary) and my granddaughter Makayla (3) might be going (and if not we will probably take Makayla). My girlfriend Jule (we have been friends for 43 years... ever since we were 8...you can do the math!) and her husband Bob are going (you'll love them, they are the nicest people and, I swear, Jule could make friends with a rock! She'll talk to anyone.
Her three grown kids and their spouses are going with their children (one will be a year old on February 28 and the other one is making her grand debut some time this month.) The rest are family and friends of Jule and Bob and I would have to guess that there are about 30 to 35 of us. I can't wait!

Boardwalk4us
01-14-2004, 09:30 AM
Tevagirl,

What a group you have. Sounds like you will have a great time.
And nothing could be better than letting Disney do the work for all of you!

MickeyO2, great group also.

We only have 4. We will be celebrating our 25th wedding anniversay on this cruise. Our anniversary is on Oct. 12th
but we will spread it out a few days. Last year we celebrated our anniversary in Key West on the Western cruise.

Got to get back to work.

Nancy

Mickey02
01-14-2004, 09:42 AM
Good Morning!!

Looking forward to meeting all of you in October!!

I called our DVC rep last night to get information on buying
more points. I LOVE DVC and am so glad we bought into it last year. I know Denine and Julie both are members is anyone else??

Barb

tevagirl
01-14-2004, 03:42 PM
Update: Jule and Bob's new grandbaby, Alexia Jordyn, was born at 4:30 this morning weighing in at 7lb 14oz. Brooke will even have a playmate!

tevagirl
01-14-2004, 03:59 PM
By the way, Nancy, I can't think of a better place to celebrate a 25th anniversary than being pampered on a cruise!

Boardwalk4us
01-14-2004, 07:37 PM
Barb,

We are DVC members since 1997. We have never regretted it once. But we weren't as smart at OKWmeister as they joined early on. We always regret we didn't join earlier but you can't go back. We just love lookin forward and all the fun we will have.

Tevagirl - How many cabins do you have booked for your group?
Are you taking over a certain area of the ship????

Good night for now. Our youngest stayed home from school today with a cough. So my schedule was thrown off by taking care of her.

Nancy

tevagirl
01-14-2004, 08:32 PM
Nancy, I am not sure how many cabins there are total but I am guessing about 11 or 12. I know that alot, if not all of us, are on deck 6. I have 6052 and Jule has 6050, and our kids are across the hall. (And I'm not stupid...I know they did that so we are conveniently in place to babysit!) Anyway, I don't think we have a whole section of the ship to ourselves yet....but it's early!...you never know who else might join us!

wide awake
01-14-2004, 08:54 PM
Hi all !! I've had a horrid three days at work, and all I can think of is VACATION...where no one can get hold of me unless I check my email...and I just may forget to do that !!! But first I have to ask for the time off !!! I might not do that either. I want to sit on my verandah with some type of umbrella drink, and a book, and with my big problem of the day being how many courses I can eat at dinner. Congrats to everyone with new additions, wedding plans, etc...How many days do we have left anyway ? I was going to go super cheap on Oct. 15 rooms, last year only paid $35, but then read about the Aloha thing...I love getting "free" stuff...of course we're flying from CA, best bet is to stay around the airport. Last year we didn't get to our room till midnight.

GeneralMax
01-14-2004, 09:49 PM
I second the desire to leave today. I just got back from two days traveling for work to 250+ e-mails at work. None as much fun as these.

I think I said it above but we are currently 4 - myself, DH (Steve),son Max- 9 and daughter Erin 13. We are trying to convience my mother-in-law and brother-in-law to join us. my mother-in-law has not been of good health lately and I would really like the kids to get to spend some time with her...well think happy thoughts. I am trying to convience her that this is a no work no hassle cruiseline .

I am definately going to come in on Friday this time so we can be at the front of the line. We boarded so late the last two times that I am not sure I even knew there was lunch buffet. March was also a disaster on Spa reservations.

Okay back to work e-mails only 100+ to go.:scared1:

Ruth

takemeaway
01-14-2004, 09:57 PM
Denise, I think our cabin number is 6060. If I hear any partying and find out that you didn't invite me, I am calling the captain. Also, I am going to bring a rock with me and if your friend Jule can get it to talk to her, drinks will be on me!

Wideawake, where in California are you? I live in southern CA about 50 minutes south of Disneyland. Our plane was late getting in last year too. We were supposed to get in at 5pm and didn't get to the hotel until 10 pm. Makes for a very long day.

Looks like there is a lot of social interaction on the board. Everyone talk amongst yourselves. I am here if you need any mediation or wise cracking comments. Yes, even though it is all about ME ME ME, I am here for you!

Please do not take anything I say seriously unless I am asking for money. Thank you.

Rose

wide awake
01-14-2004, 10:14 PM
Rose, you sound like too much fun...very much like myself (my DH is laughing...by the way, he thought DH stood for divorced husband..we don't need to go there). We are from Elk Grove, a suburb of Sacramento, and don't you just want to kick the East Coast people that don't want a DCL from OUR side...I want cheapo last minute bookings without worrying about airfare, I want special CA rates like the FL rates. From these boards it sounds like a BIG group on the 10/16/04 Eastern...where is the DIS meet ?

wide awake
01-14-2004, 10:17 PM
I made a mistake...Takemeaway, we are in Elk Grove...

tevagirl
01-14-2004, 10:45 PM
Rose, trust me, if anyone can get that rock to talk it's Jule. I'll take you up on that offer. 50 minutes from Disneyland, huh? You could probably get a job there as a character. When I retire I want to get a job at Disney World picking up gum wrappers. I mean, think about it....no pressure and how many gum wrappers can there be? They don't even sell gum in Disney World. There would only be illegal gum wrappers and they would be few and far between. Yep, every day at work when someone ticks me off (and that is every day) I just take a deep breathe and visualize myself walking down Main Street in my cute little gum wrapper picker upper uniform with my favorite Disney character (Michael Eisner) walking next to me arm in arm....oh sorry...what were we talking about? Never mind, it wasn't important. It's suppose to snow tonight. That means that every little old lady in our county who can drive has wiped out every loaf of bread and every jug of milk in every store within a 25 mile radius. We don't get snow that often, you know? We could get one inch and they will think that it'll be Spring before they get dug out. Usually it's gone as soon as the sun comes out. Well I have rambled on long enough. Sorry, but there isn't anything good on TV tonight and you are always so entertaining.
Goodnight to every one, Denise

GeneralMax
01-14-2004, 10:52 PM
Denise -

I think I will try the "gum wrapper picker upper" visualization. Please forgive me if I don't include Micheal Eisner. I work in HR for a big company and I get my fill of senior management types.

Coming from the east coast orginally I remember old ladies and the bread. Here in Minnesota we don't have snow days. It snows but we keep going anyways. Quite a shock to me when I tried to call in to work the first time it snowed after I moved here.

tevagirl
01-14-2004, 11:08 PM
I already called in.

Boardwalk4us
01-15-2004, 09:33 PM
Denise,

You really made me laugh today with your gum wrapper job
visualization. In the middle of the day I read it and what a day brightner.

Took our youngest to the doctor and she has the flu
so she is home from school. She has the cough and high fever.
She is pretty upset as she has her first speech tournament on Saturday and most likely will have to miss it. The doctor was encouraging to her but she won't be able to go to school tomorrow.

We are waiting for some snow here, as now we see brown lawns. YUK. The snow storms seem to be missing us lately.

Ruth, you are right we never get snow days here not even the schools shut down unless they are in the rural areas. DD ALisa keeps hoping for a snow day.

Everyone have a good night.

Nancy

GeneralMax
01-15-2004, 09:40 PM
Nancy-

Sorry to hear your DD is sick. It is really a bummer when they miss an activity they are looking forward to. Last year my DD skied all season in hopes of making the "JR MASTERs RACE".. .. Don't ask me what that is I am from out east. She got the flu the night before and missed the race and about a week of school. We are still talking about it this winter. I hope she gets better and makes the speech tournament.

Ruth

Mickey02
01-16-2004, 09:27 AM
Good Morning!!

Just a quick note to say hi. I get to go to yet another all day training. Yippeeeeeee!!

I am getting so excited about the cruise. I am going to be making my reservations next week. I have to cordinate DVC points so it is taking a while.

Have a wonderful day and keep warm......Burrrrrrrr

Barb

Denine
01-17-2004, 10:56 AM
Wow! You guys have been very chatty since I last looked at this thread.

Just to refresh everyone's memory it will be me (Denine), DH (Jerry) and DD (Kaleigh who will be 2 at cruise time).

We have been DVC members since 1995 and went to WDW 4 times last year. We are leaving again in 3 weeks to stay at our favorite resort, OKW.

We have sailed DCL 5 times and have been on 7 cruises alltogether.

I hate snow, and I know all about the old ladies. Don't forget, they buy up all the toilet paper too!

takemeaway
01-17-2004, 03:15 PM
Denise, I have some good news and bad news for you. The good news is I was talking to DH and he told me that are room number is not 6060 which means we are NOT down the hall from you. The bad news is when we booked in OCtober (I swear we are not stalking you), they gave us room number 6054 which means you and I have connecting rooms. OMG!!!!!

First of all we need to get some things straight. I want to make sure you are going to lock your doors at all times because if we find the door open, we are coming in.

Secondly, the wonderful children wake up at 6 am every morning. This might be too early for you but when they are bouncing off the walls, there is really nothing we can do it about.

Thirdly, I know Joe, being a corrections officer, must have some handcuffs and to be honest, I DO NOT want to hear what you guys do with them.

Finally, can you babysit?

I was shocked when DH told me the correct room number. It really is a small world (ship).

If I am going to work at Disneyland, I am not gonna be some gum wrapper picker upper. I want to be something good...like Cinderella or Belle. Did you ever notice the girls they choose to be those characters have amazing bodies and flawless skin. It is almost as though Disney clones them....Stepford Princesses. Maybe I can be the Evil Queen from Snow White. I don't think that character will be much of stretch for me.

Well, that is all for now! Denise, I hope you will be okay with the news. Take a deep breath. This is gonna be a long cruise!

wide awake
01-17-2004, 09:52 PM
Hi Rose,
Theoretically the kids should sleep till 9 with the time change, but I know that didn't work in our room...up at 5 every morning...we were in the hot tub every morning at 6. We are just down the hall from you and Denise...want me to stop and pick you up on the way ? We are scheduled to have early dining, but I think I will switch to late this time, just to stay on target with our home dinner hour...and hope we can stay in bed till 7...it is our vacation after all.
Denise...your gum wrapper job sounds fab...low stress, nice surroundings...

takemeaway
01-17-2004, 10:10 PM
HI Wide Awake...what is your real name? If you are down the hall from me, why don't we leave the kids with the DH's and you and I go to the adult pool or spa? Better yet, if you pick me up, I will buy the bailey's and coffee!

Wide awake how old are your children? Last cruise, the kids slept until about 8 or 9 am ( I was just trying to torment Denise). We had early dinner seating and will stick with that again this year. It worked really well for us. And besides, when I am hungry, I get mean!!!!!

GeneralMax
01-18-2004, 02:13 PM
I may get thrown off the board for this one but I have the opposite problem. I cannot get my kids up and moving before 10am. They are night owls.

I think I created my own monster here. Ii am not really friendly if I don't get enough sleep. They learned really young to wake up their Dad if they have a problem in the middle of the night...Better yet just sleep late. I'm pretty friendly when I get enough sleep.

tevagirl
01-18-2004, 03:47 PM
Rose, Get out! Are you serious? Okay, well I have heard your rules, now here goes mine....
First...my door will most certainly be locked but it would have been anyway because, let's not forget, my children are also going to be on this cruise.
Second...Joe is also up bouncing off the walls at 6 am so let's send your kids off with him and the rest of us can have a peaceful morning!
Third.....there will be no handcuffs on this cruise. They take up too much room in the suitcase. Beside's they hurt.
And finally....as far as babysitting....that can be summed up with 2 words and the second one is....NO!

I would appreciate it if you, Wide Awake, and Bailey would take me with you to the spa so knock on my door on your way by, okay? And Wide Awake....I'll put a good word in for you if you want a gum wrapper job. Not Rose, though, she thinks she's some kind of princess.

Boardwalk4us
01-20-2004, 10:23 AM
Good Morning,

Well DD is finally back to school and doing much better.So hopefully she will be able to keep up with her schedule. Other daughter is back on her schedule of college and part time work.
She lives at home which can be trying at times, but it is what she wanted to do.
Got a very light dusting of snow here, it is a little warmer, but not by much.
We have now decided to stay until Sunday, October 24. The girls want to hit the Disney outlet malls and Downtown Disney. My DH just goes along with it! (he doesn't realize how much it is going to cost him) So we have decided we want to stay at OKW for that Saturday night.
We have settled on early dining as the girls "don't want to get hungry" like that is a problem on the ship!

Hope all is well with all of you.

Nancy

takemeaway
01-21-2004, 03:38 PM
Good afternoon everyone. Thought I would check in. I am great, thanks for asking.

First of all Denise, I DO NOT think I am princess. At my age, I am now the Queen. Yesterday in the post office, my five year old looked up at me and said, "Mom, you are the queen of everything." Is that kid brilliant or what? What a genius!

We too are going to stay in Orlando for a couple of days after the cruise. We are gonna do the MNSSHP at the Magic Kingdom. We had such a good time last October that we have to do it again this year.

Not much else going on. I could swing upside down from a chandelier but last time I did that the chandelier broke and my back has never been the same.

Have a great day!

Rose

tevagirl
01-23-2004, 06:55 PM
TGIF! This has been a very long week. And cold. Just wanted to check in and say hello, hope every one has a good weekend!

Denise

wide awake
01-23-2004, 09:31 PM
Hi Rose, Denise, and everyone else !!!!!
I second the horrible week thing...I had a meeting yesterday that made me vow never to go to another without some type of chemical help. The gum wrapper job is looking better by the minute ! My name is Leslie, and I will be happy to have Baileys and coffee with anyone that wants to participate...if we start having fun early in the day the cruise is a better value. I'm feeling pretty good about value anyway...I checked the brochure price today, our cabins have gone up $650 apiece since we booked...

tevagirl
01-24-2004, 10:34 AM
Keeping buying and chewing that gum......it's job security!

wildernessgirl
01-24-2004, 11:54 AM
Hi there! Sorry I have been MIA lately, but with having the baby 2 weeks ago and trying to get everyone back into a routine, it has been a little busy around here. For those of you who were on the board before I had the baby, here is the scoop on her:

Brooke Marie was boarn on Jan 8th at 9:44am She was 8lbs 4oz and was 20 inches long. Everything went well even when my blood pressure dropped to 80/40.

If you would like to see a picture of her, you can go to this web site and see her hospital picture:http://www.growingfamily.com/webnursery/babypage.asp?UrlID=4V5A2Y9Y0D

Welcome to all of you who have joined board since I have posted last. My crew that will be going in October is:

DH - Garry, me - Julie, DD - Makenzie (5yrs at time of cruise), DS - Garry aka "The Big Guy" (3 yrs at time of cruise), DD- Brooke (8 1/2 months at time of cruise).

Well, gonna go. I will be checking in more often now! Take Care!

tevagirl
01-24-2004, 04:55 PM
Hi Julie...glad you and the baby are doing well and welcome back to the board.

I just got back from the food store (had to beat the little old ladies...it's going to snow) and I spent $190.00. I had 4 bags. So, I look over my receipt and here they charged me $52.00 for a pack of chicken breast. I think that was a little too much but maybe that's just me. It wasn't like the chicken was going to lay any golden eggs. Although, I almost did when it rang up $190.00!

Gotta go...talk to you all later,
Denise

tevagirl
01-26-2004, 07:32 PM
Uh oh....my daughter just informed me that she has found this board. It is highly probable that I could be in some big trouble. Have I ever mentioned what a joy she has been to our lives?

vandawho
01-26-2004, 07:53 PM
Hi.....My family and I are also going on the 10/16/04 cruise. We've been to Disney World plenty of time but this is our first Disney Cruise. We are very excited. My parents are going also. That's a good thing, they can babysit for us!! Did she mention how angelic my children are? (tevagirl)........Jill..........I did find your little secret here Mom!! What fun!!

takemeaway
01-26-2004, 08:10 PM
WElcome to the board Vandawho, Jill. Your mom did mention you on the board. She said something about you being adopted and not really hers. She also said that she told you the wrong cabin number and didn't ever plan on telling you the right one until after the cruise was over. I bet she was only joking though.

I am really looking forward to meeting your mom. She said she was going to babysit my children too . Hey Jill, maybe you and I can hook-up at the lounge while your mom has all the children in her cabin for some night time fun!!!!!

WElcome aboard!

Rose

vandawho
01-26-2004, 08:22 PM
Thank you for the welcome, and I would love to have some night time fun! Like maybe 7 of them. Do you think she would be OK with all the children? She knows what to expect with my 2 angels. Are your children easy to care for also? I cant wait, I'm so excited! Thanks Mom......:hug:

Denine
01-29-2004, 01:39 PM
I am still here...barely. We leave for WDW 1 week from today and we are all sick. I just got back from the doctor with Kaleigh and she has double ear infections! Poor thing is miserable.

Welcome Jill. I am sure your children are angelic, just like all of ours on this thread!

tevagirl
01-30-2004, 08:35 PM
TGIF!! Hello Everyone!

First let me say to Denine that I hope all of you get better and that poor little Kaleigh's ears are feeling alot better now. Two of my kids got constant ear infections when they were little. What a pain. (No pun intended.)

Second...also to Denine...My lovely daughter, Jill, is off to the Pocono Mountains for the weekend and she took just one of her angelic children with her. She has left Andrew, the four month old, in my care along with her cousin, Erin. My shift just ended and Erin's is now beginning. Why, you may ask, does it take two people to watch one little four month old infant? All I can say is... wait till you meet him. It is a very, very, good thing that he is so darned cute. My daughter likes to say that he requires "a lot of stimulation". He did take a very nice 2 1/2 hour nap today all of which 10 minutes was actually in his crib. Need I say more? If we do not talk before you leave for WDW I hope you all feel better, have a safe trip, and a great time!

Zandy595
02-02-2004, 10:44 AM
Wow! Didn't have time to read all 14 pages...

I just booked our 2nd Disney cruise - 10/16/04! There will be 10 of us (maybe more). Me-Sandy, DH-Scott, DS8-Brendan, BIL-Ken, SIL-Elena, DN20months-Hunter, SIL's DM, MIL-Pat, FIL-Dave, and GMIL-Helen.

Any other kids around 8 years old going to be on this cruise? It would be nice if DS could "cyber meet" some kids before the cruise so he'd know someone when he goes to Oceaneer Lab by himself.

Sandy

takemeaway
02-03-2004, 10:43 AM
HI Sandy:

When we set sail in October, my son Frank will be 8 years old. He likes playstation, riding his bike, sponge bob and driving his mother crazy. It would be great if him and Brendan could "cyber chat" on the board. I also have a 5 year old, Mark, that will be on the cruise. I think they will all be in the Oceaneer's lab, just different groups.

Welcome aboard.

Zandy595
02-03-2004, 05:27 PM
Hi "takemeaway"

Nice to meet you! Brendan also likes PS2, riding his bike and SpongeBob. They should have a lot to talk about. :D Maybe they could talk through Private Message or email.

Is this your 1st cruise?

Denine
02-03-2004, 07:49 PM
I am back. Kaleigh is finally feeling better as of today. I am now on my 2nd antibiotic for bronchitis and something for the cough. Jerry is also feeling better.

I understand completely about a non crib napping 4 month old that needs a lot of attention. I had one. I was happy to get the bouncy seat. She at least slept in that, in the living room. I was thrilled the 1st time she took a 1/2 hour nap. I didn't know what to do with my time.

Come Thursday afternoon, we will be out of the freezer an into the warm sunny place called WDW. I can't wait to see a place with no snow!

Welcome Zandy!

tevagirl
02-03-2004, 09:31 PM
Glad Kaleigh is feeling better. Maybe that nice warm sun will make you all better too. I think I got your cold. (Is that possible?)

A warm welcome to Sandy and her family.

Hey, Rose, how are you? Still living in that make-believe world of yours? Make room for Jill, okay? She'll fit right in there. Just make sure you two leave enough room for all the kids because we've changed cabins and I'm really not telling where it is! As a matter of fact....I don't even think I'll tell Joe where it is.

And, finally to Leslie...you bring the coffee, I'll bring the Bailey's and I will tell you what cabin I'm in.

Denise

vandawho
02-04-2004, 02:39 PM
Hello Everyone!

First of all, I know my mom (Denise) cannot be away from my children for more than a day without missing them terribly so Rose, we have nothing to worry about. I know she will give up her cabin......Second! I think someone forgot that they were taking a certain little grandchild with them and that they will be needing assistance (from me) through out the week we are cruising. I dont think Palo's allows children.. Do they Mom? Dont you really like that restaurant? hmmmmm........let's think about this!!

Denine.....Have fun in Disney.....cant wait until I'm there.

Bye for now,

Jill

tevagirl
02-04-2004, 07:11 PM
It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood.....can you say "blackmail"?

takemeaway
02-05-2004, 07:57 PM
Okay, first of all, let me just say hello to Denine, Sandy, Leslie, Julie and anyone else I may have forgotten. I hope things are going well and everyone is getting/staying healthy. Sandy, I sent you a pm with my email address if Brendan wants to write to Frank. Please don't give the email address to Denise...I hear she is a little crazy.

Now, Denise, aren't you the one that wants a job at Disneyworld as a gum wrapper picker upper? And, yet you accuse ME of living in a make believe world?

As for changing cabins, I have a lot of connections at Disney (Mickey and I went to the prom together) so no matter where you go, Jill and I will find you. (Mickey made me pay for dinner that night. He was a very cheap date! Maybe that's why he is worth billions.)

I am always hopping from bar to bar getting my drinks, so no matter where you and Leslie end up for the baileys and coffee, I won't be far behind. Besides, it was my idea for the baileys and you cannot exclude the person that thought up the idea. That is cruise rule #122 in your documents.

Finally, Jill and I are sticking together. We will always give out information of your where-abouts to each other. This is for child-care purposes. You can run, but you cannot hide.

Rose

tevagirl
02-05-2004, 10:03 PM
And cruise rule #123 in your documents: Rule #122 is null and void if the person in question either:

A. Lives in or wants to live in a fantasy world.
B. Has a son who likes to bowl.
C. Not only knows every bartender on the ship by name but can also recite the names and social security numbers of their children. (Jill...this one is for you, too.)
D. Is dating or has dated Mickey, Goofy, or Donald.

So with that said.... I do believe that you and Jill better make sure that your children are safely and securely situated upon those bar stools before you two start swigging them down.

Sandy...I really am sane on most days.

Denise

tevagirl
02-08-2004, 09:24 AM
HELLO??? Am I all alone here? Or am I the only one who doesn't have a life?

GeneralMax
02-08-2004, 12:22 PM
Long time no post. Sorry crazy busy here in Minnesota!

DD age 12 has been at sceince camp in Northern Minnesota in the below zero temps. I don't get it.. Give me sun and sand but 30 below is ridiculous. :confused: She loved it!!! ...must have gotten that from her father. My idea of camping is the green on the Holiday Inn sign.

My son Max will be nine at the time of the cruise he would love to hook up with Frank and Brendan. Last cruise my DD found a internet friend in advance and Max was pretty jealous. Looks like boys that age all like the same thing. We think he would perminately hook up to that PS2 if we let him. Our 1st cruise I was so happy not to have a Nintendo for a week and low and behold he found the computers in the lab in about 30 seconds.

Ruth

corrybaybe
02-10-2004, 02:16 PM
Hi All !!
This is our first DC we are really looking foward to it. I will be traveling with DH, DS(10) and DS(8). Any info given would be great. Sounds like you guys have been around the deck a few times. We are booked in cabin 2110. Any little helpful hints would really be appericated.

THanks Corrybaybe
aka peg:bounce:

tevagirl
02-10-2004, 05:46 PM
Hi Peg, welcome aboard!

takemeaway
02-10-2004, 07:29 PM
Hi Peg, Welcome to our cruise. The only advice I have for you is to stay away from Denise (aka Tevagirl) and her husband Joe. They are both a little Goofy....pun intended.

vandawho
02-10-2004, 07:47 PM
Welcome Peg........I have an 11 year old son (Alec) who is also going on the cruise. Maybe our boys can hang out on the ship.

Rose.......Be nice, remember she is our babysitter for our night time fun!!

tevagirl
02-10-2004, 07:57 PM
"She" is listening, you know.

Zandy595
02-11-2004, 08:13 AM
Peg ~ We're gonna be neighbors! My family will be in cabins 2102, 2104, and 2106. My DS Brendan is 8. What are your boys' names?

Rose ~ Sorry Brendan hasn't PM'ed for emailed Frank yet. He's really excited about meeting him, but my DH kind of hogs the computer and Brendan hasn't had a chance to get on lately. DH works nights and will be back to work tonight so Brendan should have time while DH is sleeping tomorrow.

Ruth ~ Brendan would like to hook up with Max too. He's the only child in our group of 10. My 20 month old nephew will be there too, but there's only so much an 8 year old can play with a baby.

Hello to ~ Denine, Denise, Jill, and everyone else here!

corrybaybe
02-11-2004, 08:16 AM
Thanks to all for the warm welcome! I am sure my 10 year old would love to hang out with Alex. He's name is AJ short for Anthony Joseph. Maybe we could exchange email address for the boys and the could get to know each other a little before the cruise. Has Alex cuised before? Maybe he could show AJ the way around. Thanks Peg

Have a great day!!!!!!!!!!!1:teeth:

corrybaybe
02-11-2004, 08:21 AM
Hi Sandy!
The boys names are A.J (10) and Eric (8) . I am sure Eric would love a chance to say Hi to Brendan .They are the same age. This should work out perfect. Its really nice knowing there will be kids their own age to hang out with.
Thanks Peg

vandawho
02-11-2004, 09:25 AM
Hello Everyone!

Peg..........Yes Alec has been on a Disney Cruise before, he went last year with my parents. I'm sure he would enjoy showing A.J. around. He already asked us if he could show us the ropes. Last year he took his 12 year old cousin with him. My mom said she didnt even know they were there. This year there isnt enough room because we are also bringing our baby, he'll be 13 months at the time of the cruise. My husbands name is A.J. also......We will have to try to get the boys chatting. Alec is shy at first, but he loves to have fun!

See ya,
Jill

corrybaybe
02-11-2004, 11:18 AM
Hi JIll,
Aj is a little shy himself, but I am sure once they start talking about ps2,nintendo,gameboy the flood gates will open.He also enjoys soceer. Does Alec play any sports? I am sorry I spelled his name wrong. I will tell AJ about Alec and let him know he will have someone to show him the ropes.

Thanks Peg

GeneralMax
02-11-2004, 10:46 PM
WOW

Max will be thrilled with all the boys going on the cruise, I have decided that gameboy and playstation2 are the universal language of boys ages 7 and up. Some days I'd just like to turn teh power off. This will be Max's third Disney cruise so we really know the boat.

Ruth

Zandy595
02-12-2004, 08:24 AM
I just read on the Navigator for 8 - 9 yr olds (http://dcltribute.com/navigators/east_carib/kids.htm) that they have PS2 in the Oceaneer Lab. I was hoping Brendan could take a break from it while we're on vacation. Maybe I shouldn't tell him about it. If he knows ahead of time he'll have all his games packed.

vandawho
02-12-2004, 09:20 AM
Hello Everyone..

Peg......Maybe we can get them to talk through e-mail. Do you think A.J. would want to? If Alec had a friend from the beginning that would be great. I know he would enjoy himself even more.

Bye for now,
Jill

corrybaybe
02-12-2004, 03:42 PM
Hello Everyone

Jill............... I am sure AJ would like that it would help break the ice ahead of time for both of them.

And as far as ps2 on board you won't have to tell them they will smell it out. Has any one given any thought of letting them bring gameboy for down time? It was just a thought.:confused:

I wish we were leaving tomorrow I am soooooooooooo excited!!

Peg

Zandy595
02-12-2004, 05:39 PM
Port Canaveral is about a 2 hour drive from our house so I plan on having Brendan take his Gameboy for the car trip. If he's busy playing that he only asks "are we there yet" every 10 minutes, instead of every 5. :rolleyes: Once we get on the ship I don't think he will touch it again until the trip home. He's jealous of all his friends because they all have the new big screen one and he only has the old Gameboy color.

GeneralMax
02-12-2004, 09:47 PM
Max will also have his gameboy. I would not dream of getting on a plane with him without it. Brendan can play with one of Max's mutiples. Evertime they make a new one I say NO and then Grandma buys it anyways. She says it is her revenge... I get the feeling I wasn't that great a child.

As for the PS2 I am sure if there is one on the ship the boys will indeed find it. I guess they should get to do what they want too. Thats why they call it a vacation.

Ruth

takemeaway
02-13-2004, 04:16 PM
Just wanted to wish everyone a Happy Valentine's Day...or Happy V.D. for short. I will have been married 12 years tomorrow but it seems like 20! A truly great husband...kind, loving, great father. (I really want a new pair of shoes).

I hope everyone has a great holiday weekend. The kids are off school Friday and Monday. I should be pulling my hair out by Tuesday morning.

As far as a PS2 in the Oceaneer Lab, if my children don't page me, give them whatever they want. An Over-consumption of ice cream and pizza, hours of PS2.....just keep them occupied and I am happy!

tevagirl
02-13-2004, 05:16 PM
Happy Anniversary, Rose! Did you get the gift I sent you? I don't want you to get too excited....you can't drink it.

Hello to every one and Happy Valentine's day! Hope you all have a great weekend.

Peg.....Alec happens to be my grandson and he is the nicest kid....takes after me! A word of advice....do not listen to anything that Rose tells you. I think she's becoming immune to her medication...they need to increase it or something.

corrybaybe
02-14-2004, 12:06 AM
Hello Everyone

Rose.............Happy Anniversary!!!

Denise.........my son A.J. is looking foward to meeting Alec. I think it will be the best time.

Does everyone have main seating for dinner? and has anyone done the dolphin swim? I would like to do that with the boys.

Have a great weekend :hug:

tevagirl
02-14-2004, 08:43 AM
Peg,

It is going to be a great cruise. My youngest son, his wife, and my granddaughter (Makayla....she'll be 3 on March 8th) also just booked to go so I'm excited about that...I'll have all 3 of my grandchildren on the ship. Hmmmm.....maybe I should rethink that excitement. (Only kidding, Jill!)

I know that all of my group have main seating. We have too many little children with us to do late seating. Besides, I wouldn't want it anyway.

My DH, Alec, and my nephew did the dophin thing last year on the Western cruise. They loved it.

Julie.....how's the baby doing? Andrew is absolutely adorable. He'll be 5 months old next week. His mother has a feeling he's going to a terror as a toddler. I think she may be right.

Have to go.....I'm going shopping. (fun shopping, not food shopping!) Hello to everyone! Denise

vandawho
02-14-2004, 09:22 AM
Hello Everyone.....

Mom......you wont be kidding when we drop the 3 three kids off at your cabin door. I'm sure they'll be well behaved. And remember a night means a WHOLE night. I'm teaching Andrew how to say VERANDAH!

Rose....How old are you children? Will they be able to keep mine entertained so my mom can relax a little? Oh well, she'll be OK.........Happy Anniversary!

Jill

corrybaybe
02-14-2004, 09:53 AM
Hello Everyone!!!

Hey Jill...... I don't think I remenber you saying what your Moms cabin # is. I'm thinking if she already has 3 to watch 2 more won't make a difference they will just blend in. (just kidding).

Denise.... thanks for the info about the dolphin swim. I know AJ will just love it. (Its gonna be a suprise )

what part of Jersey are you from? my brother and sisterinlaw live in Medford Lakes.

Well its off to soccer both boys play indoor. I feel like I spend half of my time at soccer fields.

Peg

takemeaway
02-14-2004, 11:27 AM
Denise, I don't think you should make fun of my medication intake. Prozac and valium are the norm for the insane housewife. Besides, you are my supplier!

Jill, I have a 5 and 7 year old. I think they are too old or too young to hang out with your kids. Besides, your mom loves the children. She wants everyone to leave their kids with her. It gives her great joy to be able to help others.

Also Jill, I think I am a little older than you. I started a little later in life. Couldn't bribe anyone to marry me. Then along came hubby, got him drunk one night and he said, "Okay, just stop nagging me." Doesn't get anymore romantic than that!

We have early dinner seating too. Last year my children's favorite things were:

5 year old - the ship model at the port
7 year old - chicken strips and fruit loops.

So this year, I am going to get a bucket of chicken strips and box of Fruit Loops and leave the children at the Port!

We are thinking about chartering a boat from a private party in St Thomas. It was $100 per person and he takes you all over to secluded snorkeling areas. Don't worry, I won't do my skinny dipping thing again! Actually, any dipping I do wouldn't be considered Skinny!

We are also gonna do parasailing on Castaway Key and the Romantic Spa Package. There was a great write-up of that on the boards. Denise, will you watch the kids the night they turn down the bed? Is it too early to discuss excursions?

vandawho
02-14-2004, 12:13 PM
Hello!

Peg, she hasn't actually given us the cabin# yet, but dont worry, Rose and I are on top of that. We will find her! I know she won't mind a few more kids. Yours are more than welcome to stay with her. She loves children!! We are from Cape May..aka Exit 0.........

Rose, I think my parents are doing the spa package too!

I'm so excited. I cant wait until October!!

Jill

takemeaway
02-14-2004, 03:22 PM
Jill, your parents can't do the Spa Package. They have way too many kids to watch!

tevagirl
02-14-2004, 06:44 PM
Denine...you started this thread so I do believe that these are your people. Therefore I think that it is your responsibility to show some control over them as they are clearly all out of control. If they have their way I'm going to wind up like the "Old lady who lived in a shoe". You know....the one who had so many children she didn't know what to do? Only it's going to be a cabin instead of a shoe and I'm also going to have Joe (my lovable, but oh so annoying husband) and Andrew the 5 month old who won't let you put him down and Makayla the 3 year old who...let's face it...is a THREE year old and Rose's kids (where the heck is bowling alley on the ship anyway?) and now even the new people (I am not mentioning names, Peg) are throwing in their kids!

That's it... I'm changing cabins. No, I'm changing SHIPS! I will not be on your cruise so if you happen to see some one who looks just like me ignore her, leave her in peace, don't even look at her. Even if she has this big annoying guy tagging along behind her and a couple of kids who are crying and clinging on her and saying "Mom Mom, why are you ignoring us, why?" don't be fooled....it will not be me. And you'll all be really, really sorry because....well, I don't know why, but you will.

corrybaybe
02-15-2004, 02:41 PM
Hello All!!!

You know what I find that know matter how hard you try you just can't please everyone. Take Denise for example I heard how much she loves kids and I want to lend her mine. And she just doesn't seemed pleased I just don't get it. Here I am willing to let her do something she REALLY, REALLY, REALLY enjoys and she just dosn't see happy. Well she can never say I don't have her best interest at heart.:headache: :eek:

tevagirl
02-15-2004, 06:04 PM
Peg Peg Peg.....I see you have been influenced by these people. What a pity. I thought there may have been hope for you but....alas...I am too late....they have gotten you under their evil spell. You are one of them.

corrybaybe
02-15-2004, 06:27 PM
Denise...........You say that as if its a bad thing:)

corrybaybe
02-16-2004, 10:36 AM
OK another question?

How does tipping work? On some of the boards I've read its about 700 for the week by the time you are done with everyone.I just want to make sure I add this into my budget. Am I close or way off base. Any help would be great.

Thanks Peg

Zandy595
02-16-2004, 12:49 PM
This is what Barb has suggested (for 7 day cruise) on ***************** (http://www.*****************)

Restaurant Server $25.75 per person
Restaurant Assistant Server $18.75 per person
Head Server $6.50 per person
Stateroom Host(ess) $25.25 per person

So if you had 4 people in your cabin you would tip a total of $305

Zandy595
02-16-2004, 01:03 PM
Does anyone know the website where you can print out those cute envelopes for putting tip $ in?

I would like to put the cash in the envelopes before we get on the ship so I don't have to worry about it later on.

corrybaybe
02-16-2004, 01:18 PM
Ok you can hit me in the head I know I am a little thick sometimes.
But would it be $305 times four. Being
Restaurant server 305
restaurant assistant 305
Head server 305
and last but not lease stateroom host 305 for a grand total of1,020. in tips. Please be kind with me, keep in mind I am new to this.

corrybaybe
02-16-2004, 01:23 PM
Forget I ever asked that last question I get it now!!!!! WOW what a light bulb moment.:eek: