PDA

View Full Version : Ft. Wilderness campfires & movies - Can anyone participate or Ft.W guests only?

abeyst
09-26-2003, 03:37 PM
I just read the menu for Chuck Wagon at Ft. Wilderness, and I saw that they sell items for the campfire (hot dogs, smores, marshmallows). I think my son would love to do this!

And the movies they used to show with CHip & Dale every Friday or something? Do they still do this?

Are these only for resort guests, or can anyone at WDW partake in the "activities"?

halfway there
09-26-2003, 04:55 PM
Boy, you don't have much time left for planning! :D

It is my understanding that anyone can participate in this even off site guests although that was under much debate not too long ago. ;)

Try the Camping forum for a schedule of what movies are playing (every night there's a different one). I believe both Sept and Oct are posted. This is one of my all time favorite things to do in WDW!! Enjoy!

Andrew_Lubow
09-26-2003, 08:26 PM
""Officially""" only WDW resort guests can go to the campfire but you won't be checked for ID's. ;) ;) The movie/campfire is every night but check at your Disney resort for the time since the program's time varies with the season. To get there you'll need to drive to Ft Wildernesses Reception Outpost and park there. Then take a bus to the Meadows area and walk over to the campfire area. If you don't have a car do a transfer to a Ft Wilderness bus at DTD or take the launch from the MK dock if the park is operating and a bus to the Meadows ( remember AFTER the movie you'll need to return through DTD since the launch won't be operating).