PDA

View Full Version : wine and cheese here we come!

parrothead365
09-26-2003, 02:49 PM
Just booked a quick get away for the DW and I, no Kid. Nov 9th-11th at the Beach Club. Got the Gandma and Granddady to watch the boy. Life is good. Planning to do the wine and cheese festival at Epcot also I would like to try a fireworks cruise, who do I need to call?

betterlatethannever
09-26-2003, 06:53 PM
I would like to try a fireworks cruise, who do I need to call?

From the Illuminations Central: "You need to call 407-939-7529 exactly 90 days before the date you want to reserve."

Planning to do the wine and cheese festival at Epcot

Just to clarify. There isn't much cheese at the F&W festival. The food may have cheese in it (sauces, etc) but there will not be a stand selling cubes of cheese.

Ed

LvsTnk
09-26-2003, 07:16 PM
AWW MAN No cubes of cheese, I am staying home!!;)

TDC Nala
09-26-2003, 09:06 PM
Try the Party for the Senses, last year they had a big honkin' cheese table.

betterlatethannever
09-26-2003, 10:57 PM
Originally posted by TDC Nala
Try the Party for the Senses, last year they had a big honkin' cheese table.

I don't rmember one. I guess it depends on which party you went to.

Now, its not surprising that I wouldn't remember something from almost a year ago, but my DW said she didn't remember a cheese table either.

Ed

nasmith
09-26-2003, 11:06 PM
Hey Parrothead - My DH are doing the exact same thing!! Leaving DS with Grandma and PopPop and going to WDW Nov. 8 - 11!!! We are doing the Party for the Senses on the 8th (Sorry, they don't have it on the 9th). Lots of food and wine at the Food and Wine Fests --- and some Beer seminars too!! (Plus a Beer tent- which is big news for my DH- we're Parrotheads too BTW. You'll have a great time (Us too!!)) Jill

TDC Nala
09-27-2003, 12:33 AM
Well, mine had a big honkin' cheese table. With crackers. The program calls it "Assorted Selection of Artisan Cheeses and Keebler Harvest Bakery Crackers"

I hope on November 8 they have a bigger honkin' cheese table...

Disney Dee
09-27-2003, 06:34 AM
No answers here, just wanted to say hi to a fellow parrot head. Have you been to Margaritaville on Citywalk? We had a great time last yr, my SO loved the Cuban Meatloaf!

Enjoy the BC its one of my favorites.

Disneyolic
09-27-2003, 01:32 PM
If you're trying to book an Illuminations cruise now for the time you're going you will probably be out of luck. Keep trying to call because you never know. I know that I had to call at exactly 6:58 am 90 days out to get the cruise I wanted and I felt exceptionally lucky.

Even without the cheese the Food & Wine Festival at Epcot is absolutely wonderful. This will be our 2nd time and just love tasting all the different foods.

We'll be there the same time as you right next door at the Yacht Club...

~DawnMaree

parrothead365
09-27-2003, 06:55 PM
Thanks to everyone for the info. I will give the fireworks criuse folks a call maybe we can get lucky. As for the lack of cheese, oh well, I guess I'll just have more wine. Disney Dee, yes we have been to the Margaritaville at city walk as well as the ones in Key West and New Orleans, loved them all. I aways figured that Disney addicts and parrotheads were very similar. It's a magic thing.

Krissalee
09-27-2003, 07:19 PM
Just a comment, that I heard in many wineries while visiting Napa and Sonoma -

If you want the wine to taste good, serve it with cheese.
If you want to taste the wine, serve it with bread.

So, if there is no cheese, or a limited amount of cheese, that is a
good thing, as the wine is probably better tasting, better quality, etc.

Disney Dee
09-27-2003, 07:33 PM
Parrothead. We have only been to the one on Citywalk, afraid there is no Margeritavilles up this way, maybe one in Philly soo. But we never miss a concert of Jimmy's, he comes once a yr to NJ, we haven't missed one in yrs, as long as he still tours, we are there!

parrothead365
09-29-2003, 12:59 AM
Disney Dee, made the trip to Camden a few years ago. It was awesome, the Dancer flew in over the river at sunset too cool! DW is a South Jersy girl so we will probably make that trip again if we can ever get the tickets. This will be our first stay at the BC any must do's?

Disney Dee
09-29-2003, 04:40 AM
Parrothead, go next door to Beaches and Cream and get some of their ice cream, very good. I also had a pretty good cheese steak there, it wasn't a Philly cheesesteak, but I enjoyed it. I love the BC, very romantic at night with all the water and lights from the BW. Enjoy!

webray
09-29-2003, 07:00 AM
Don't forget to stop by margaritaville at City Walk if you have time this trip...check out jimmy's plane and the new bar across from margaritaville.