PDA

View Full Version : Silver Plan, can I upgrade to it later?

Erica
09-26-2003, 02:25 PM
I am going back and forth on weather or not to go with the silver plan for my surprise Jan vacation. We eat, and eat well when we go out plus I am planning to work Cirque in, so I really think it will be a good value for us. I am budgeting and with our trip right after xmas I was thinking about dropping that option on my exisiting reservation so that I will have more $ around the holidays. (Payment on my whole reservation is due on thanksgiving.)

I really think that I may upgrade back to it later, however within the 45 day cxl/change policy period. Do you think that they will charge me the change fee to upgrade?

Any input or suggestions would be much appreciated!

-Erica

bartman539
09-26-2003, 08:36 PM
Hey Erica, I hope this helps. When we made our original reservations we did not include the silverplan, but eventually added it later. At no charge. As a matter of fact, we changed our original reservations about 5 different times.

My wife and I used the silverplan on our last trip and LOVED it. We were unsure weather or not to use it this time because we will be bringing our 4yo & 2yo as well as my in-laws. We had to buy the plan for our 4yo the 2yo is free. They usually both just share our entrees so we didn't think it was worth it. However we enjoy eating at the more expensive resteraunts and will be doing Cirque. Having all this included without trying to keep on a budget appeals to us. We have ps for evey day we're there.

You wrote that your trip is in January, if your like us you'll be alot poorer after the holidays, so having all your meals payed for mey not be a bad idea. I'm sure you'll probably get some oppisite feedback to mine but this is the way we like to do WDW!
I hope this helped.

7 Days till we PARTY with the MOUSE!

SueEllen
09-27-2003, 12:05 AM
If you are more than 14 days out from your trip and you change to UPGRADE your reservation Disney will USUALLY waive the $50 change fee--however if you are less than 14 days away and your documents have already been sent there is generally a $10 fee charged for changes.

Hope this helps.

Sue Ellen

Erica
09-27-2003, 01:15 AM
Thank you for taking the time to post, you information has helped out alot! I thinkt I will call them tomorrow to "break the news". :P

-Erica

NavyDotz
09-27-2003, 08:38 PM
i called today about my pkg & asked this same ? - CM said you can add on to any package up to 5 days b4 arrival

minster22
09-28-2003, 09:00 AM
I know very little about these upgrades. I understand the "wishes" part but can you add these to a discounted room...say a AAA discount or AP discounted room? I am thinking that it may be an option for us if we can add it to our room only reservation.

Erica
10-01-2003, 01:22 PM
Just a small update for those that are interested.

First to answer Minster22, The silver plan is only for the packages. Not for the room only reservations.....sorry! :(

I called WTC and downgraded my package to the traditional Winter Dream Makers. (Park Hopper's and room only). The CM I spoke to said that I could upgrade back to the Silver plan at no charge, as long as I am spending more money and it does not require re-ticketing. If for instance within the 45 days if I added airfare, which would require tickets, THEN you would be charged the change fee. The CM suggested that I contact them no later then 2 week prior to the start of the package to add it in.

Personally that will work out perfect for me, I will be telling the DBF that I am surprising that the charge is our 2 night stay in California, not really for making his first trip to WDW even better! :P

I hope that helps.

-Erica