PDA

View Full Version : Calling in room requests?

Lisha7
09-25-2003, 10:59 PM
I've heard anywhere from 5 days ahead to day of to call the actual hotel about room requests. Does anyone know what the policy is right now? If it is day of, how early can I call in the day? I am leaving my house at 5:30am.

Thanks

safetymom
09-26-2003, 03:18 AM
If you feel you must make a room request then fax them to the resort 3-4 days ahead. You can also call CRO anytime and have your requests put in your reservation.

We have always had good luck making any requests when we check in.

FloridaCat
09-26-2003, 07:24 AM
This will help you.

http://www.wdwig.com/cro1.htm

blanq
09-26-2003, 09:02 AM
I read a lot here about people calling or faxing the resort directly with their room requests just before their trip departure, but I personally have never found the need to do so. You may make special room requests when you make your reservation, or at any time thereafter, and CRO/WDTC will note them on your reservation. Although requests cannot be guaranteed, we have always had our requests honored. The only really important thing to us is to have a non-smoking room. Once in awhile we will add one additional request, depending on the resort. We have had good luck with receiving unsolicited upgrades, and sometimes I wonder if it has anything to do with our keeping our requests to a minimum.

FloridaCat
09-26-2003, 09:25 AM
I agree, we have had good luck by waiting to see if an upgrade would be offered and if not ask if any are available. you can makeyour requests to the CM checking you in and we found they try hard to satisfly

Lisha7
09-26-2003, 06:08 PM
Actually what I am most interested in is how early my reservation will be in the resorts computer. I have a AAA discount for the first night and an AP discount for the other four. The CM that I talked to when I got the discounts said that I may have to change rooms when I check back in, but that it would be up to the hotel. So I thought that with a little advance warning to them I may not have to change rooms.

n2mm
09-27-2003, 06:36 AM
Lisha7 we have to do this all of the time. Here's a tip. when you check in remind them that you have a "continuing reservation" and they will try to put you in a room that will cover both reservations and make sure you will not have to move. You, however, will need to go back to the front desk the next day (I advise early) and get a new keycard to cover the new reservation. We, as CM, are only allowed to have a reservation for 7 nights, so whenever we go for more than 7 nights, we have to have more than one reservation. We have done the continuing reservation more than 25 times over the past 5 years and never had to change rooms. The recheck-in is very quick and painless. We usually do it before breakfast and takes just a couple of minutes. Of course there is always the chance you may have to move, but we never had to yet--afterall, why would they want to strip down 2 rooms when they don't have to.