PDA

View Full Version : music and drinks in GF lobby

janner
09-25-2003, 08:42 PM
Hoping some DISers can tell us:
1. When does live music (the combo) begin/end in GF lobby?
2. Is there live music every day?
3. How would we get our drinks? Carry them from the lounge? Or does a CM come around to take orders from people seated in the lobby?
We're hosting some friends on their first WDW trip in December, and this was something we thought we would all enjoy.
Janet and Maddy

ducklite
09-26-2003, 09:13 AM
Live music begins with the pianist in the mid afternoon. The Society orchestra begins in the later afternoon and alternates with the pianist.

I have definitely been there on days when the "stage" was dark. I think there is a pianist every day.

You will have to carry your drinks from the lounge, which is on the second floor, seating in the lobby is on the first floor. They don't have waiter service in the lobby, probably partially for this reason. I don't think they aprticularly encourage people to sit in the lobby and drink, possily out of fear that an unattended beverage will be consumed by one of the thousands of kids that travel through there daily.

You can hear the orchestra from mizners, which also has a wonderful view from it's windows. I'd suggest just staying there and enjoying the music and the view.

Anne

janner
09-26-2003, 03:53 PM
Anne,
Thank you for your helpful reply. We had thought we would be missing out on some of the GF atmosphere by sitting in the lounge. You have encouraged us to give it a try.
Thanks again.
Janet