PDA

View Full Version : Way Early I know but anyone going on Eastern May 1-8 2004?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

hydster
09-24-2003, 04:56 PM
My family is going on our first 7 night Disney cruise on the Eastern Route on May 1, 2004. There is me and hubby age 33 and our dd age 10, our ds age 9 and our ds age 5.

Anyone else planning on this cruise???

I know it is really early but I am so excited about it because our kids have NO Idea we are going.

Heidi

saturday97
09-24-2003, 10:52 PM
Yes! we will be on our 2nd cruise and we're so excited!! You will have such a great time! DS will be 6 the week before the cruise and is looking forward to B-day w/ Mickey!

ThreeCircles
09-28-2003, 09:24 PM
We'll be with you on the May 1st Magic!

Only 215 days to go! :teeth:

hydster
09-28-2003, 09:58 PM
This is going to be so great! I am so glad to find others who will be on the same sailing as we are!!!!

The 215 days is a tad bit depressing however :( but before I know it we will be down into the double digits!!!!!

Hopefully more people are sailing with all of us!

Heidi

ThreeCircles
09-28-2003, 10:27 PM
Heidi--

I'll agree that 215 days sounds a little depressing. BUT, it gives us lots of time to get to know one another and to plan, plan, plan! :)

I was wondering if we should start a May 1st Cruise List site so that we can all post our pics and info. That way, by the time we get onboard, we'll be like old friends! We have a list going for the September 4th Cruise, you can check it out at <a href="http://**********************">*****************</a>, and let me know if you think a May list would be cool.

I noticed on the Unofficial Cruise List ( http://www.casshew.com/cruisebydate.htm ) that 11 parties are listed! We'll have to hunt them up and get them posting on this thread! :D

conny264
09-29-2003, 04:28 AM
Hello everybody.
My sister silke and I are going to be on the same cruise.We are from Germany and very excited,because itīs our first cruise as well.Actually Iīm pretty happy about the213 days,we booked in January, so we are over halfway there.
Since it is our first and weīre sharing infos here I would like to ask if anyone has experience with renting a car for a day at St.Maarten?We are thinking about doing that,because Iīm no big fan of organised tour and would like to explore the island myself.
Any tips would be appreciated.
Lots of greetings from Germany
conny264:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

ThreeCircles
09-29-2003, 07:36 AM
Conny264--

Hello from Florida! So glad to see that you'll be on the May 1st cruise!

We rented a car in St. Maarten during our last Eastern Disney cruise in May 2003. The care was really great, very nice and well kept, and the island is fairly easy to navigate. We visited the French side as well as the Dutch.

We did experience one bit of a problem, however. We used a credit card to pay for the rental at the rental office (VERY close to the dock). The man who took our card to swipe it for payment disappeared into the back room of the office for quite some time. We really didn't think much of it until two months after returning from our cruise we started getting credit card statements with purchases on it from New York!

The credit card we used was a brand new Disney Visa and had not been used anywhere except for the cruise itself. Although we contacted the credit card company and had the charges removed, it was still very disconcerting! Just wanted to give you a heads up!

dennisnlisab96
09-29-2003, 03:53 PM
Hello everyone!!!

We will also be on the 5/1/04 sailing. I will be traveling w/ my husband my 2 step kids and our 4 kids. DSS 12, DSD 10, DD7, DD5 (her birthday is 5/1!!) DD2, DS 10mo!!! This is our first Disney cruise and we can't wait.

hydster
09-29-2003, 04:01 PM
I think the idea of a page for us to talk on is a GREAT idea! It would be alot of fun to at least know a little about each other before we go and get pictures of who everyone is as well.

If you are willing to set it up (computer illiterate here and hubby does it for a job :D ) that would be great!!!

Heidi

dennisnlisab96
09-29-2003, 04:17 PM
We also like the idea of getting to know everyone before we leave!!! Maybe some pictures and a little info???

cali4niacruisin
09-29-2003, 04:28 PM
Just wanted to chime in that we will be on our first Disney Cruise 5/1/2004. I am glad to see I am not the only one excited already. It will be me, DW, and DD 3. We live in Sacramento, but I saw someone said they are from Gilbert, Az. We lived there for about 5 years, probably just about neighbors!

dthogue
09-29-2003, 07:55 PM
Hi Everyone,

Count us in - this will be our first cruise. It will be Me, DH, DD14, DD12 and DD5. 215 days sounds like forever, but I'm sure it will get here quickly. Looking forward to meeting other Dis'ers!

ThreeCircles
09-29-2003, 09:15 PM
Wow. We're a pretty active thread for being 215 days out! Looks like we'll be sailing with a great group! :D

I'm working on getting the site up and running for our cruise list. Hopefully within the next day or two. Meanwhile, everyone can start finding and scanning their favorite pics to post!

<a href="http://**********************">*****************</a>

conny264
09-30-2003, 06:18 AM
Hello ************

Thank you so much for the report.The thought about credit card charges afterwards is scary.Did you rent the car directly at the pier or reserved in advance?
Iīm planning to use the www.stmaartencarrentalguide.com site.It was recommended by Dave Marx from Passporter.They actually list 2 companys :Hertz and one other(forgot the name).If you could please tell me the name of the company you used,so I can avoid them.:Pinkbounc
Thanks again
Conny264

ThreeCircles
09-30-2003, 08:56 AM
We actually reserved our car in advance through the Internet. They e-mail you a confirmation notice and you can just take that to the office once you arrive in port. With 20/20 hindsight, this may actually work to your disadvantage. We had already agreed on a price and everything prior to arrival. Once there, we noticed that many of the offices had individuals out near the dock offering "deals" on daily rentals. Some of these prices were significantly cheaper than what we booked for, although our price wasn't that bad either. (I think around $45 or so.)

Anyway, the company we used was somehow affiliated with Hertz. I don't really know how it all works because when we booked online the Hertz name was all over the place. When we got into port, the office was actually called something else! :confused:

conny264
10-01-2003, 12:58 PM
Thank you so much for your help.I really appreciate it.The rental car company I was looking at was associated with Hertz,so it is probably the same you guys had.Also I fall into the category of obssesive planner,I`ll restrain myself and see what comes available at the morning in St.Maarten.Maybe paying in cash is a good option,weīll see.
Canīt wait to see your website,is a great idea.
202 days till our trip to WDW,so I donīt have to wait that long.
Lotīs of greetings from Germany
Conny

:earsgirl: :wave: :grouphug:

ThreeCircles
10-02-2003, 10:54 PM
Hey all!

The Disney Magic May 1st-8th Cruise List is up and running! It's not fully complete, but should be by Monday of next week.

Check it out at <a href="http://**********************">*****************</a>

dennisnlisab96
10-03-2003, 07:30 AM
Thanks for creating the web site...I can't wait to start meeting people we will cruising with.

Lisa

hydster
10-03-2003, 04:32 PM
************...thank you SO much for doing that page! It will be alot of fun to get to know everyone before we leave!!!! I plan on sending on our information this weekend...kids are out of school today so I am going crazy but I plan to do it sometime this weekend!!

Thanks again!
Heidi
:wave2:

conny264
10-04-2003, 07:38 AM
Hi.
Iīm going to send you an email this weekend.The only Problemis,that I donīt have a picture of my sister and myself to attache.
But Iīm sure weīll be able to make ourselfs known.
Canīt wait.

Greetings from Germany
Conny:Pinkbounc :wave2:

ThreeCircles
10-04-2003, 11:45 AM
Hello everyone!

Just updated the cruise list. Added a new cruiser!

Lisa--

I received all of your info and will add it to the list as soon as you send in the pic. If you can't find one or decide not to, I can upload the info you've already sent.

Talk to you all soon!

dthogue
10-05-2003, 09:53 AM
Three Circles,

Great job on the 5/1/03 website. I will be emailing you shortly with our information.

We are looking forward to meeting others on our cruise. My girls would love to email with any other kids out there in the upcoming months.

conny264
10-06-2003, 05:59 AM
Hello Three circles.
If it is really ok I would gladly mail a picture of my sister and me via Airmail to you.It is a few years old,but the only one we managed both to agree on.Please send me an email with your adress,whenever you find the time.
conny:wave: :Pinkbounc :wave:

conny264
10-07-2003, 07:53 AM
*bump*:p :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

ThreeCircles
10-07-2003, 10:09 AM
Conny--

I sent you an e-mail. Sorry I didn't see your post sooner! :)

ThreeCircles
10-08-2003, 08:32 PM
Another cruiser added to the Disney Magic May 1st Eastern Cruise List site!

conny264
10-10-2003, 07:02 AM
*bump*°o°

ThreeCircles
10-10-2003, 07:12 PM
Another cruiser added to the Disney Magic May 1st Eastern Cruise List site!

conny264
10-15-2003, 05:26 AM
°o°bump°o°:wave:

goofyguy1958
10-15-2003, 02:02 PM
Hydster, No way is your post too soon. We -- DW, DD, DS -- are going on the 5/8/04 to 5/15/04 western and I posted about three months ago. Hope you guys all have a great time on the eastern while we count down the extra 7 days we have to wait -- still over 205 days and becoming painful waiting.

hydster
10-15-2003, 02:24 PM
Goofyguy- Well switch your cruise to the 1st of May and go 7 days sooner :tongue:

I freaked out when I saw we were FINALLY below 200 days! Just wait soon it will be only double digits and you close behind...

I hope you guys have fun getting on our boat we will be leaving :worried:

Heidi

ThreeCircles
10-15-2003, 06:35 PM
Hello fellow May 1st Disney Magic Cruisers!

Just wanted to let everyone know that a new pic has been posted to the site. Now, we just need to get everyone else to send theirs in! ::yes::

hydster
10-15-2003, 07:59 PM
Ok..I just FINALLY sent off our information to you along with a picture that I HOPE works!!!!! If not let me know..I will make hubby help me send one that works!!!!!

I loved seeing the pics of you and conny....now we just need the others and things will be good!

LESS THAN 200 DAYS TO GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Heidi

conny264
10-16-2003, 05:40 AM
Hello Three circles.

Thanks so much for scanning and posting our picture.The excitement is building up and we canīt wait to finally see the Magic for the first time,when we drive to Port.

C°o°nny:wave2: :goodvibes :boat:

ThreeCircles
10-16-2003, 06:02 PM
Conny--

No problem about scanning and adding your picture to the site! I can now brag that I have a friend in Germany that writes me!!! :teeth: I'll be sure to bring the picture on the cruise in May so that I can return it. It's a really good one by the way. Disneyland Paris looks great!

We've added ANOTHER cruiser to the list this evening! Welcome Hydster!

dthogue
10-16-2003, 07:36 PM
Hey Fellow May 1 Crusiers,

I can't believe that we are finally under 200 days for our cruise. It is going to so much fun getting to know everyone over the next 6 months:smooth:

ThreeCircles
10-16-2003, 08:03 PM
I have a feeling that the next couple of months are really going to fly by. With all of the upcoming holidays, winter breaks, etc., this time of year tends to move very fast!

Before you know it we'll be in January of 2004! :hyper:

conny264
10-20-2003, 01:38 PM
°o°bump°o°
Greetings from Germany
conny

conny264
10-24-2003, 08:02 AM
Time for another °o°bumP°o°.

DisneyMagicTravis
10-29-2003, 10:15 PM
Well only 184 days to go.... So is anyone else with us on this one? Can't wait!

Travis:earsboy:

conny264
10-30-2003, 08:01 AM
Oh yes,I know exactly what youīre talking about.
I NEED my vacation.

Greetings from Germany
conny:sunny:

dennisnlisab96
10-30-2003, 08:04 AM
I am counting everyday...it still seem sooooo far away!!!

ThreeCircles
10-30-2003, 01:03 PM
It does seem far away. However, the time seems to be moving fast! :hyper:

Do any of you have any ideas on what excursions you'll be booking?

dennisnlisab96
10-30-2003, 03:05 PM
I am not sure we are going to be doing any excursions. With ALL the kids I think we are going to take it easy and relax most of the time.

ThreeCircles
10-30-2003, 03:20 PM
Lisa--

I just noticed your countdown clock for "OKW." Is that the Old Key West Disney Resort?

DisneyMagicTravis
10-30-2003, 05:23 PM
The weeks have seemed to fly by lately, but then you look at the calendar and see 6 months! I NEED my vacation too. I've been getting more excited about it lately.

I know I want to do some snorkeling again...::yes::

Travis

ThreeCircles
11-05-2003, 08:19 AM
Anyone have any ideas as to what excursions they may end up (or want) to do?

The Eastern seems to have a lot of great ones. Guess we still have a little bit of time to decide though! :crazy:

conny264
11-05-2003, 12:02 PM
Hello everyone.

Good question,this is bothering me for the last 11 montrh,since we booked our cruise.Iīm reading the passporter guide back and forth and so far our plans are:St.Maarten-rent a car and take off on our own to the Butterfly Farm,a beach(Orient maybe) and Marigot;St.Thomas:Take the Paradise Point tramway and some strolling around Charlotte Amalie and Havensight Mall.
The only thing that still worrys me a little is the car rental in Philipsburg,specially after what you told me on a previous post.
I will probably go to guest relations on the ship and see,if they can help or grill you guys with more questions,when we are on board.
Anyway,my sister and I are no big fans of organised tours(we are the adventures typ),so Iīm sure we will come up with something nice.
I believe there is also a beach in Philipsburg.Does anybody know,how nice or crowded this one is?
conny:sunny: :wave2: :Pinkbounc

ThreeCircles
11-05-2003, 02:40 PM
Conny--

Sounds good ladies! :)

I hope I didn't deter you from renting a car in St. Maarten! Perhaps our experience was an isolated one and that type of thing is not that common. I would hope so!

Anyway, there were many different car rental offices right near the dock. I can only relate our experience with the one, but the others may (or may not) be more reputable. Pehaps you can scout out some more experiences from others on the Dis board.

I don't think that Travis and I will end up renting a car this time. We may just take advantage of the taxis and head out that way. It is nice having your own transportation while on the island but we hope to explore more of the Dutch side this time. We spent several hours on the French side in May.

I know that Travis wants to snorkel and the water looked beautiful on the island. There is also a hiking excursion through Disney that looks kinda cool. So many choices and so little time!!!

conny264
11-07-2003, 04:40 AM
Donīt worry,we will rent a car but decide on which company,when we get there.We definitly want to go to the french part of the island,but snorkel too.
Yes,there are to many choices and not enough time.

See you in May
Conny:Pinkbounc

dthogue
12-01-2003, 04:10 PM
Hi Everyone,

Thought I would bump this up and see how everyone is doing. Can you beleive it, 152 days til our cruise - boy time is flying.

I hope everyone had a nice holiday.

Are there any new cruisers out there that will be joining us? My olderst DD's (14 and 11) are looking to make some friends prior to the cruise. Please email us so we can introduce ourselves.

Tammy

ThreeCircles
12-01-2003, 07:24 PM
Tammy--

Count us in as being excited as well!!! ::yes::

We keep slugging through the days by thinking about our upcoming trip on the Magic! Can't wait.

As for the holiday, we spent it with Disney. After spending last Thanksgiving on the Magic, we wanted to continue the tradition. We drove up for the day and had dinner at the Brown Derby at Disney-MGM. Outstanding food and a fun atmosphere too.

Hope all is well with everyone!

conny264
12-04-2003, 09:03 AM
Hello everone.
just wanted to mention that my personal countdown is down to 140 days,since we are flying to Orlando April,22.To keep me up in the mood,I called WDW-Tour yesterday and booked the Dolphin in depth progam in Epcot for my sister and me.I had a very nice Lady on the Phone,who tried her best to cope with our impossible german name and adress.It took us 20 minutes but we made it.
After Hotels(AKL +CBR),Cruise,flights and the 2 extras(dolphin tour and sunrise safari) are all taken care off,only rental car arrangments are on the to do list.

What really gets me cheering is,that our trip becomes a little cheaper every day,thanks to the Euro and Dollar exchange rate.Hopfully it stays that way till May.After that I donīt care .

One other thing to those experienced Cruisers:is it true,that we may use our Euros in St.Maarten,since it belongs to france and the netherlands?

So,bye for now and loīs of greetings from Germany
Conny264

ThreeCircles
12-04-2003, 03:05 PM
Hello Conny!

From what I remember, the Euro and the dollar are accepted everywhere on St. Maarten.

Alice Sr.
12-07-2003, 07:07 PM
We'll be joining you, yeah!! I just booked a couple of weeks ago, we'll be in 5128. So far it's just me (Alice-46) and my DD, Lindsey-16. She may bring a friend or my youngest DD Megan-13 might change her mind and decide to come. This is our 1st cruise and of course we are very excited; and it's great to have other DISer's going the same time.

dthogue - Maybe your DD's can talk Megan into going.

Conny264 - We had an exchange student from Germany 2 years ago but for the life of me I can't remember the name of the town. It's near Frankfort, it's where the Christkind Market is.

************ - I'll get our info to you sometime in the near future. Thanks for setting this up.

Alice

conny264
12-08-2003, 09:25 AM
Hi Alice.

Welcome to our cruise.I canīt believe your daughter needs time to think about going on a cruise.If someone would make me the offer,my only reply would be:How fast do i need to pack?
Maybe she reconsiders her opinion.
Well,Christmas markets are all over Germany,we have a nice one ,too.My guess would be Rothenburg or Nürnberg.They are in the south and have famous Christmas markets.
Lets figure it out onboard.
See you then and lots of greetings

conny:Pinkbounc :sunny: :Pinkbounc :wave:

Alice Sr.
12-08-2003, 05:48 PM
You're right Conny, it's Nürnberg!

See you in 5 months,
Alice

dthogue
12-09-2003, 08:22 PM
Hi Alice,

Glad to hear you'll be on our cruise. I can't believe your daughter doesn't want to go. My girls are so excited.

Send me a email and I can have DD's email back to Megan. My oldest DD just turned 14 and is in 8th grade. She loves playing soccer and cheerleading. Her name is Kristen and loves to correspond via email - she would also love to get to know someone before we cruise :-) Hopefully you can convince her to come along.

Take care,

Tammy
princess:

conny264
12-23-2003, 08:05 AM
Just wanted to take a short moment to wish everybody a verry merry christmas and a happy new year.

See you all in May and lots of greetings from Germany

conny:goodvibes :jumping1: :grouphug: :boat:

ThreeCircles
12-23-2003, 02:44 PM
Glad to see this thread active again! I thought it had fallen off the list for good! :eek:

Only 129 days, 14 hours, 34 minutes, and 20 seconds left!!!

:hyper:

conny264
12-24-2003, 07:38 AM
Just wanted to mentin that for me itīs only 120 days as of today.
I NEED this vacation.
Conny:sunny:

LogansMommy_MD
12-28-2003, 11:16 AM
Hi all!

Well, myself (mid-30) and my DS-5 will be on the Magic on 5/1! Can't wait! His first cruise, my 4th, but our first cruise on Disney!

Tons of great information on these boards helped to make my mind up about going the Disney-route!!

-Tracey
:p

ThreeCircles
12-28-2003, 01:51 PM
Hello and welcome LogansMommy_MD!

Great to hear that you'll be joining us on the cruise! We're hoping to get a Dis Meet together at some point. Probably on the first day.

You can post your information on <a href="http://**********************">*****************</a> if you would like.

Talk to you soon!

Jason

conny264
12-30-2003, 08:30 AM
Just wanted to wish everybody a very happy new year.
Conny:wave:

ThreeCircles
12-30-2003, 12:25 PM
Happy New Year Conny! And everyone else as well!

Just wanted everyone to know that new cruisers have been added to the Disney Magic May 1st Cruise List site at <a href="http://**********************">*****************</a>. I've also added a cruise matrix (see front page of site) in order to help everyone plan out their cruise.

Don't forget, if you would like to add your information to the site, just send me an e-mail and I'll post it. You can also add pictures so that we'll be able to recognize each other once we get onboard the Magic! If you don't have a scanned picture and would like to send me one via regular mail, I can scan it and post it to the site for you. I'll just return the picture when we meet on the Magic.

Hope everyone is well and talk to you all soon! Just TWO more days until our sailing year!!! :teeth:

LogansMommy_MD
12-30-2003, 06:38 PM
Good job on the site Jason!

ThreeCircles
12-30-2003, 07:05 PM
Thanks Tracey!

I put together a site similar to the May 1st one for a cruise last August. It helped people get to know one another prior to actually meeting each other in person. I hope the May 1st, and this thread, does the same.

If you (or any of our fellow May 1st cruisers) have any suggestions for things to add to the site, please e-mail me. I want it to be a group effort! :)

Do you have any set plans for the cruise? Any excursions you're going to book? Dinner at Palo? Gosh, with this being your first Disney cruise you've got a lot of ground to cover! :) We're glad you found the Dis Board!

Talk to you soon,
Jason

LogansMommy_MD
12-30-2003, 07:58 PM
HI Jason,

No, not really anything set yet; I've just only completed my cruise booking and need to take care of all the other things now (air, transfers, hotel) which I've decided to do on my own (cheaper!).
Checking out the excursions that are available and trying to figure out what me and DS would be interested in doing. I'm not determined to do a ton of stuff on all the islands, just something here and there to say we did it.
And to be honest, I doubt I'm doing the Palo's thing, only because I'm not interested in eating in a fancy spot by my lonesome.. and thats ok with me.. I'm just anxious to be on vacation!

I have found SOOO much information on this board that has been soooo helpful!!

Any advice or suggestions on what TO DO or NOT TO MISS?

-Tracey

ThreeCircles
12-30-2003, 10:09 PM
You sound a lot like Travis and myself. We don't really plan too much in advance of our cruise and just kinda do the spur-of-the-moment deal. That's one of the best things about cruising I think. You can do as little or as much as you want!

Hmmm... Things not to miss. We'll, all of the shows are quite good in y opinion. But, Disney Dreams is outstanding and that's one you really will want to see. From what I hear, Golden Mickeys (new to DCL this year) is outstanding as well.

Palo is quite the experience as well. Especially Champagne Brunch. You're more than welcome to join Travis and myself at Palo for Champagne Brunch, dinner, or both! We would love the company!

Studio Sea always has a lot of fun activities for the family too. Usually game show or challenge show activities that all ages will find fun. The more adult-oriented stuff is scheduled later in the evening in Beat Street.

I'm not too sure what we'll do on the islands this time around. Travis want to snorkel somewhere so we'll probably hit the beaches somewhere. Other than that, about the only must-do for us is to stop by the Guavaberry Emporium on St. Maarten and buy some Guavaberry Liquor.

conny264
12-31-2003, 07:04 AM
Hi guys,
the site looks great,I allready used all the links for the islands.Very helpful.
Just a quick question-when you rented a car at St.Maarten,did the rental car company provide you with a street map or did you buy one elsewhere.
And WHAT is guavaberry liquor,sounds tasty.
By the way,Slke and I will definitly do a Palo champagne brunch,maybe weīll form a whole group for that.

Lots of new year greetings from Germany
Conny:wave2: :wave2: :wave2: :wave2:

LogansMommy_MD
12-31-2003, 09:23 AM
what is guavaberry liquor? sounds awfully fruity!!

And Jason, thanks for the tips and the invite - if Palo's is as cool as you say, i may have to take you up on it! and Conny has a thought - maybe we can do a group Brunch.. I think I'd be more inclined to do a brunch than a dinner..

Hope everyone has a happy & healthy New Years!

-Tracey

ThreeCircles
12-31-2003, 12:03 PM
Oh my! You guys are in for a scrumptious treat! Guavaberry Liqueur is made from a fruit that only grows a few places in the world. St. Martin being one of them. It's got this most wonderful taste to it! So yummy!!!

On Front Street, close to where the tenders from the Magic will dock, they have a Guavaberry Emporium where you can sample their liqueurs, rums, and other products. We stopped in on our last cruise and sampled the Guavaberry Colada! Oh my gosh, it's like liquid heaven! We purchased a bottle of the original Guavaberry Liqueur but have since run out. Now we need more!

Check out the <a href="http://www.guavaberry.com/">Guavaberry Emporium</a> web site for more info. You can actually buy their products online but with shipping it become quite expensive. The bottles at the shop run only about $13. I can't wait! :hyper:

http://www.guavaberry.com/Art_Files/colada.jpg

ThreeCircles
12-31-2003, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by conny264
Just a quick question-when you rented a car at St.Maarten,did the rental car company provide you with a street map or did you buy one elsewhere.

Conny--

The company that we rented a car from did not provide any maps. I'm not even sure if they sold them or not as I didn't see any. We actually picked up a free tourism magazine from a stand that is right near the dock. The magazine had several maps right inside. The roadways on the island are not too difficult to navigate. In reality, the main roads are nothing more than a big loop around the whole island.

LogansMommy_MD
12-31-2003, 12:53 PM
Speaking of which, what is the policy onboard about buying alcohol? can you actually buy alcolhol, bring it onboard and drink it for the rest of the cruise? or do they stash it until end of the trip?

May have to put $13 aside to try that!

-Tracey
:wave:

ThreeCircles
12-31-2003, 01:16 PM
Disney Cruise Line has one of the least restrictive policies on bring alcohol onboard. You can actually bring any unopened drinks onboard that you would like, even from Port Canaveral. Travis and I usually bring 6-8 cans of Coca-Cola to keep in our stateroom fridge so we can have something to drink without having to venture out of the stateroom.

Many people bring aboard beer, wine, or other alcohol from Port Canaveral. Others buy it at various ports and bring it onboard.

The only alcohol that Disney holds until the end of the cruise is anything that is purchased onboard the ship from their duty free shop, Up Beat. Those purchases are held until the last night of the cruise and are then delivered to your stateroom.

The drink prices onboard aren't too bad. Mixed drinks usually rin from $2.99 to $7.00 or so. Wine can run anywhere from $4 per glass to $300.00 per bottle with most prices somewhere in-between. They also run daily specials on drinks.

LogansMommy_MD
12-31-2003, 02:10 PM
I'm not a big drinker, but am considering bringing a bottle of wine in my carry-on so I can have a "nightcap" after my son goes to sleep!!

I also imagine I'll be trying the Drink of the Day on occasion!! Not one to pass up a tropical fruity drink!

What about the soda card? think its worth it? I know I could drink 2-3 sodas a day and my DS, well, I try not to let him drink soda... (I know, i'm a mean ma!)...

-Tracey

goofyguy1958
12-31-2003, 06:49 PM
Asm I sit here having one of my favorite adult beverages -- Yuengling Lager -- you have peaked my interest with by mentioning the drink specials. Three Circles, tell me more about these drink specials. I can't wait to try each new drink, it is kind of like an Olympic vacation event for me to try any drink spec ial I have yet to experience -- in moderation of course.;) ;)

goofyguy1958
12-31-2003, 06:51 PM
I just read my last post and it kind of looks like I have already been trying all the drink specials (I only had one beer, I promise). Sorry for all the typos.

dthogue
12-31-2003, 08:26 PM
Happy New Year's fellow crusiers - looks like our little group is growing. Welcome to our new cruisers. We are going to have a great time.

The Guavaberry Emporium has just been added to "must do" list, thanks for the heads up.

My DH and I are also planning on the Palo Champagne Brunch and would love to go with a group.

I hope everyone has a terrific New Year's and look forward to talking to you again in 2004.:wave2:

Tammy
princess:

ThreeCircles
12-31-2003, 10:26 PM
Wow. Looks like a lot of us are counting down the minutes to 2004 while visiting the Dis Boards! I guess that's appropriate; after all, our Year to Cruise is only about an hour and forty-five minutes away!!! :hyper:

Tracey--

The drink card can be worth the money if you drink a lot of Coke. I'm usually a big Coca-Cola drinker at home, usually 3-4 a day like you, but when I'm on the ship I tend to become occupied with other types of beverages! :p Not that I'm a big drinker either. Anyway, soft drinks are free at meals, of course, but otherwise they run about $2.00. This might help you decide if the soda program would be worth it to you. I purchased it on one cruise and used the complementary AAA soda mugs on another.

Goofyguy1958--

Hmmm... How many drinks have you had this New Years Eve? ;) The drink specials vary from day to day. They usually include a "Drink of the Day" that varies with each day. Usually these are $3.50 and include such favorites as Cool Breeze, Bahama Mama, Tequila Sunrise, etc. Then they also run different specials at certain times of the day and at certain locations. For example, one of my old Navigators says Bloody Marys & Mimosas are $2.99 from 10 am - 12 pm in the Promenade Lounge. They also run two-for specials on specific days. All in all, I think we'll be quite busy keeping up! :crazy:

Tammy--

Glad to see you'll be checking out the Guavaberry Emporium. It's actually a cool little shop with lots of merchandise. They sell their own brand of hot sauces, salsa, marinades, and, of course, beverages. They also sell lots of souvenirs like t-shirts, etc.

Hope everyone is enjoying NYE. Talk to you all soon!

ThreeCircles
01-01-2004, 12:28 AM
Happy New Year from Florida! (Happy belated New Year to Conny! ;) )

Alice Sr.
01-01-2004, 08:20 AM
A belated Happy New Year from Chicago. I would like to do Palo's also, but didn't think I would because I didn't want to go by myself either. So if there is a group going, count me in. I would be interested in either the brunch or dinner.

I don't know if we'll have the time to stop at the Guavaberry Improrium, but maybe I can just give someone the money to pick up a bottle. We are doing the Anguilla Dophin Excursion (I think).
Can I sign up for the excursions now, or do you have to wait until you're on board?

LogansMommy_MD
01-01-2004, 09:41 AM
Happy New Year 2004 from Maryland to all!!!

Alice Sr. - Through all my research I read that you have to wait til 60 days before your trip to book and that you CAN book excursions online (actually I think you have an 800# or fax number to do this).. of course I could be wrong, so if I am someone will correct me.

Jason - thanks for the soda card info! I doubt I'll spend the money to do it....I may even think about bringing a 6-pack of cokes with me, just in case.. Also, I sure hope they still have those mimosa specials - YUM-MY!

-Tracey
:tongue:

ThreeCircles
01-01-2004, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by LogansMommy_MD
Happy New Year 2004 from Maryland to all!!!

Alice Sr. - Through all my research I read that you have to wait til 60 days before your trip to book and that you CAN book excursions online (actually I think you have an 800# or fax number to do this).. of course I could be wrong, so if I am someone will correct me.

Tracey is right-on concerning the excursions. We have booked excursions online (it's actually just through e-mail) and have found that they are very prompt and expedicious in handling our requests.

Here is the contact info from the Disney Cruise Line site:

Shore Excursion Request

Three easy ways to reserve your shore excursions:

Call the Special Services Desk at (877) 566-0968†.

E-mail your shore excursion requests along with your name and reservation number to dcl.shore.excursions@disneycruise.com*

Click here to download and print a PDF of the Shore Excursion Request Form. Then fill out the form completely and fax to (407) 566-7031† .

Shore excursions can be made within 60 days prior to sailing. Some excursions have capacity limits so be sure to make your request early. Reservations are taken on a first come first served basis. You can alter your shore excursion requests anytime up to two (2) days prior to sailing. You should note that after that time, no new excursion reservations can be made and all existing shore excursion reservations are considered final and unfortunately cannot be changed or refunded. Of course if you decide not to pre-reserve shore excursions prior to your cruise, you can still stop by the ship's Shore Excursion Desk, located on Deck 3, on embarkation day, to check availability and purchase excursions. But remember, some excursions may already be full and therefore unavailable.

When your shore excursion is pre-reserved, you will receive excursion tickets delivered to your stateroom on embarkation day. Payment for confirmed excursions is conveniently billed directly to your shipboard account. We unfortunately will not be able to accept payment in advance.

*We are unable to accept attachments with email requests. Please provide the required detail from the Excursion Request Form into a text email.

† If you are not 18 years of age or older, you must have your parent or guardian's permission to dial this number.

Alice Sr--

We would be happy to pick up some Guavaberry for you from the Emporium if you would like.

Tracey--

I'm actually quite fond of mimosas as well! In fact, I think that's why I like Champagne Brunch so much. Well, that, and all the glorious food! :teeth:

LogansMommy_MD
01-01-2004, 11:48 AM
but, I can't find it..

I'm booking ground transfers and included is a free grocery stop - so does that mean that you can literally carry grocery bags onboard, or do they have to be packed in your bags somehow? I am considering doing this is if its as easy as it sounds to stock up on some sodas, snacks.

TIA,
Tracey

:confused:

ThreeCircles
01-01-2004, 11:57 AM
Tracey--

I wish I could help answer your question but we always drive directly from Clearwater to the port and have no experience with transfers.

I would post your question on the main Disney Cruise Line board. I have seen many threads discussing transfers over there.

LogansMommy_MD
01-01-2004, 12:01 PM
I'll do that now - figured I'd ask here first!

:)

ThreeCircles
01-01-2004, 07:12 PM
Hi everyone!

Just a quick note to let you know that we've added new cruisers to the Disney Magic May 1st Cruise List at <a href="http://**********************">*****************</a>!

Tracey--

I've also added the quick link to your hometown. I looked and looked and looked but couldn't find a really good site on Millersville, Maryland. I used the best one I could come up with but if you know of a better one let me know and I can change the link!

Hope everyone had a GREAT New Years Day!

Jason

LogansMommy_MD
01-01-2004, 07:57 PM
Thanks Jason - actually surprised you found anything!

thanks though!!

P.S. I was waitlisted for early dining, but after thinking about it a little, I asked my TA to switch to late.. so, if want to switch our dining to Late, that would be great - thanks a bunch!!!

-Tracey

:sunny:

ThreeCircles
01-01-2004, 08:29 PM
P.S. I was waitlisted for early dining, but after thinking about it a little, I asked my TA to switch to late.. so, if want to switch our dining to Late, that would be great - thanks a bunch!!!

Taken care of Tracey!

I know that early seating is popular but personally I like the late dining. Do you think Logan will do OK with the later dining time?

Also, I take it Millersville is not a big place? ;)

LogansMommy_MD
01-02-2004, 10:30 AM
I think he might do okay! We'll see I guess!! I don't think he'll be disruptive - you know, to the other guests, so I know I won't have to worry about that.. we'll just nibble on things til dinner and then he'll probably zonk out right after!!

Actually Millersville is about 15 miles from Annapolis and 15 from Baltimore; sort of right smack in the middle, so either of those links would be fine to add too!! thanks again - website is really cool!!!!!!

-Tracey

ThreeCircles
01-02-2004, 01:42 PM
Originally posted by ************ on September 28, 2003
We'll be with you on the May 1st Magic!

Only 215 days to go! :teeth:

I was just going back though all of the mesages on this thread and came across my very first post. I can't believe we were at 215 days when I first posted! We really are making progress!!!

goofyguy1958
01-02-2004, 06:50 PM
Thanks for the info. I have not been on line for a couplke of days, seems I didn't stop celebrating the new year when I was supposed to -- in fact, I don't think I have stopped yet being off work and enjoying the family and my bartending skills aquired while working through nursing school. I make a mean bloody Mary and Mimosa -- and I am pretty good at making them disappear. Are you telling me that they actually start serving the specials at 10:00 AM? I think I am iun trouble as I have a tendency to let loose when there is not work the next day. WOW, I havn't been like this in seven years or more since I became the responsible dad. Thanks for renewing my excitement for the cruise, now I can't wait again. :crazy: :p

ThreeCircles
01-02-2004, 07:27 PM
Well, after all that school for nursing and being a dad, I think we'll agree it's time for a little celebration! :) We will all support you and join in! :p

dthogue
01-03-2004, 06:45 PM
What a week it has been in the world of cruise planning - I bought my airline tickets, reserved my hotel room for the before the cruise and the night we return, reserved my rental car both ways and found a jacket to complete my formal night attire.

We still have 119 days until we go, what am I going to do to keep me occupied. What is everyone else doing to prepare?

Also forgot that I'm still tormenting my DD's - they think we are driving the 16-18 hours to get to the cruise - they don't know we are now flying instead :-)

Anyone else arriving the night before the cruise? Where are you staying? We'll be at the HIFS in Orlando, hoping to do a day at the park on Friday!

Tammy
princess:

conny264
01-04-2004, 04:56 AM
Hello everybody

Whoa,I was just gone for 3 days and whoops 3 more pages to read.I guess everybody is getting more excited by the day.

hey gooyguy-I know exactly what you mean,but my golden rule on vacation is no drinks before 11 a.m.I think,this cruise will be very dangerous for me too.But anyway,count me in for the drinks.Our cabin will be on deck 7,so itīs not a long way for a quick nap to recover.

I thought,I had everything allready planned,but Just found out that I forgot the most important thing- my ID expired in 2003.So,now I have to hurry,get new pictures and go to Town Hall verry soon,It will take about 8-10 weeks to get a new one and we are leaving on April,22.Can you believe this waiting period AND you have to pay 30,-€ on top.Great service!!!!

Jason and Travis-I now know my cabinnumber,itīs 7014.Could you please change it on your website?Thanks a lot.

Conny

:wave: :Pinkbounc :wave: :Pinkbounc :wave:

LogansMommy_MD
01-04-2004, 10:19 AM
I've kinda finished all my booking/planning. I actually didn't make my final decision to go on this cruise til about two weeks ago if that, so the agony of the long wait hasn't been quite as bad for me, but I can imagine these next few months will hurt!! lol.

Tammy - DS and I are flying in the Friday before, but we don't get in until 5:30ish or so. We're staying at La Quinta Orlando (not the nasty one you hear so many things about) for $30; tried the Hyatt for $30 on priceline, but they just wouldn't take it, can you believe it??LOL.. anyway, our flight out the following sat. is not until 5:30, so I'm going to book a day room at the Hyatt like its been suggested. I can imagine my DS will be POOPED as I'm sure I will too, so we will just take that day to rest, swim, whatever.
And booking that day room is the only thing I haven't managed to do yet; done everything else. Now, just a matter of waiting.

Good thing you remembered your ID, Conny, that would not have been fun I'm sure - good luck in getting it all taken care of!

Have a great week everybody!

Tracey

dthogue
01-04-2004, 02:50 PM
Conny - Good thing you realized your id expired. Sounds like a long process to get a new one. What are your plans for the days before the cruise?

Tracey - I noticed your from MD - what airport are you flying out of? We went back and forth between BWI and PHL, and finally found the lowest rates out of PHL. We live right outside of Hershey so the drive is about the same either way.

Is your son excited about the cruise? My youngest DD is also 5 and she can't stop talking about it. She keeps asking if it time to pack. She has her Cinderella suitcase next to her bed and has her formal dress packed inside. We made a chain to countdown the days, but it is sooo long.

The day room at the Hyatt sounds like a great idea. We are staying over Saturday night and plan to lounge by the pool Saturday afternoon, visist Downtown Disney, then head to the Polynesian for dinner at O'hanas and to watch the MK fireworks.

Take care,
Tammy
princess:

LogansMommy_MD
01-04-2004, 04:00 PM
Tammy - We are flying out of BWI via Airtran - I wanted a nonstop and they were the only ones offering it, and besides, its pretty inexpensive!!! Yeah, definetly finding the cheapest is a deciding factor with me too! Near Hershey, huh? I imagine you've seen Hershey Park a time or two? Love that place.. plan to take my DS maybe this year..

Yes, he is getting excited. I don't think he comprehends the idea of "cruising", ya know, on a ship, but I've been showing him pictures and we looked at the 360 degree pics from the disneycruise website and I think he's getting excited, but I must say, I'm more excited than he is right now! lol.. That is so cool that your DD is sooo excited!! i bet that just helps keep the enthusiasm going in your house!!!

I had contemplated staying over Sat. night, but I figure DS would be exhausted and I needed/wanted that next day (Sun) to get unpacked, laundry done, etc. before back to school/work.. It will be hard to leave I'm sure, but back to reality!!

Are most of ya'll doing the DCL transport or a private car? I decided on FLTours; wanted the relaxation and comfort and unhurriedness of a private car... Seemed to have a pretty good deal ($10 off, free grocery stop and free booster seat).

Later,
Tracey

conny264
01-05-2004, 07:10 AM
Hi dthogue.

Yesw,our authoritys are sooo quick,but what can you do.They need their beautysleep!!!
My sister and I are flying in to Orlando on April,22.,get a car from Avis and spend 1 night at a Best Western at the Airport,just to have an early start the next morning.We have than a reservation for 3 nights at the Animal Kingdom Lodge concierge with a sunrise safari(canīt wait).After that weīll switched resorts to the Caribean Beach Resort for 5 nights.One other highlight of our trip will be the Dolphin in depht program at Epcotīs Living seas.
We are planning on an early start on saturday to drive to Port canaveral,return the rental car at Avis and be at the Terminal by 10.30.
So,I guess I see you there.
Conny
PS: our countdown is down to 108 days.:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

dthogue
01-06-2004, 09:52 PM
Hi COnny,

Sounds like you quite a trip planned. The AKL looks amazing. The Caribbean Beach is my all time favorite WDW hotel. We stayed in Jamaica and loved the location. My girls would be jealous of the Dolphin program. They are pleading their case to go on the Anguilla Dolphin excursion in St. Maarten, but for the price for 5 of us, I don't think we'll be doing it.

Tracey -

We are also flying Airtran, a first for us. I liked the non-stop flight and I got tired of waiting for Southwest to open their schedule. Hersheypark is one of our summer hang outs. Although everytime we go, we end up complaining how its not Disney :-)

Tammy

LogansMommy_MD
01-07-2004, 09:21 AM
All this talk about WDW has me wanting to plan a trip there maybe next year! I went years (and years and years) ago, but want to take my son eventually and I think next year may be the year.
Yes Conny - your trip sounds fabulous!!!! I am sure you two will have a BLAST!

Tammy - I've flown Airtran several times and I like it. Never have I had a delayed flight or any kind of mishap like lost luggage - knock on wood. I get very apprehensive when flying with my son if we have to make stops; it seems much too hurried for either of our likings and he's at that age where he doesn't wanna be pushed around in a stroller so we usually have to beat-feet to the gate, etc.. Too much hassle..lol...

So, everybody's bookings/plans all made? This is the worst part, hurry up and WAIT!! lol... counting down...

-Tracey

Alice Sr.
01-08-2004, 06:57 AM
Ooh Conny - You are going to love Animal Kingdom, especially the concierge and Sunrise Safari! Big bucks but definitely worth it. We stayed last August after staying 5 nights in a 2 bedroom at Beach Club. I was worried going from a 2 bdrm to a regular room would put a damper on the experience, but it didn't. It is our all time favorite hotel. We never even left the hotel the 3 days we were there:) Just to give you a heads up - we had reservations for dinner every night we were there and never kept one of them, we were always too full. I'm soooo jealous:)

Hi Tammy - are you near Indian Town Gap?

I'm so glad we have this thread going. Between this thread and Jason's website it's adding another dimension to the trip.

Alice

conny264
01-08-2004, 07:53 AM
Alice-we saw the Lodge being built when we did the backstage safari in November 2000 and made a promise to ourselves,if we ever come back,we have to stay there.Well,2 years of no vacation and money saving and here we go.

Tammy-Iīm going to report on the dolphin program to your girls.You are right,the dolphin exursion at the cruise is very pricey.the epcot Dolphin tour is our christmas present from my parents and I found a 15% discount coupon in the 2004 Birnbaumguide.That helped,also the weak dollar against the Euro is really nice.

conny:wave: :Pinkbounc :wave: :Pinkbounc :wave:

dthogue
01-09-2004, 08:46 PM
Greetings All -

Tracey - Glad to hear the positive comments on Airtran. I was a bit hesitant, but after reading the good comments on the DIS boards, I decided to give them a try. Keeping my fingers crossed for a good experience.

Alice - Yes we live close to Indiantown Gap - are you familiar with the area? Did Megan ever receive Kristen's email? Has she changed her mind about the cruise?

Conny - My girls would love to hear about the dolphin program. Shhh, don't tell them, but we are planning on doing Discovery Cove at Sea World as their Christmas present in 2004. That way I can still do the Golden Eagle Catamaran excursion while in St. Marten.

Take care everyone!!

Tammy
princess:

Alice Sr.
01-10-2004, 11:01 AM
Hi Tammy - My father was stationed there before he left for Europe in WWII. A couple of years ago they had their WWII Army reunion there, in fact he flew out of PA on Sept. 10th. We were so thankful he made it out before "9/11" grounded all flights for that week. We have some very cool, old pictures taken there with my father and his Army buddies, and there is a book published about his infantry at Indiantown Gap. He had a fabulous time there, they treated the "old guys" like royalty.

Yes, Megan did receive her e-mail. She just asked me again to unblock the Hotmail domain so she can receive the incoming e-mail when she writes her. (my bad) I'll do it now before I forget again. She is coming, she just doesn't want to talk about it:rolleyes: the goofy chic that she is. I guess for her it's like a dentist appt. you try not to think about it until you have to.

I hope you all are warmer than we are today - 19 degrees and overcast:(

I guess I'll just have to think :sunny: thoughts

Alice

dthogue
01-13-2004, 07:59 AM
Hi Everyone.

Thought I'd bump our thread up - We have started our countdown to the double digit dance. Time is flying by.

Alice - sorry to hear that Megan doesn't want to talk about the cruise. If in the future she wants to talk to Kristen please have her email. My girls are so excited - it seems like all they talk about.

What's everyone else doing to pass the time?

Take care,
Tammy
princess:

LogansMommy_MD
01-13-2004, 12:35 PM
Yep, pretty soon it'll be cruisin time!

I'm just trying to figure out which excursions my son and I will be prebooking come the 60-day mark! I think we're leaning towards either the Butterfly farm tour or the Semi-sub tour in St. Martin and MAYBE the boat ride to St. John at St. Thomas. I've been to St. Thomas twice before, so getting off the boat at St. Thomas is really no biggie to me. But, I have never been to St. John. I think on Castaway Cay, we'll probably just rent some floats and be lazy....

On one hand it seems eons away, but then again, I know it will be here before we know it!!

-Tracey

ThreeCircles
01-13-2004, 06:24 PM
Hi all!

I made some minor updates to the Disney Magic May 1st Cruise List at <a href="http://**********************">*****************</a>. I think I have the correct dining time down for you now Tracey. I think I told you I had corrected it when I actually hadn't! :eek:

I also added your cabin number Conny! Sorry it took so long!

As for passing the time, that's one good thing about school, it really makes the time fly! Before I know it we'll all be lounging on Deck 10 of the Disney Magic sipping Pina Coladas, soaking up the tropical sun, and listening to Bob Marley songs drifting softly on the Caribbean winds! :teeth:

hydster
01-13-2004, 06:49 PM
The waiting is KILLING US! I guess that's why hubby and I planned a small weekend trip to Vegas and the Tom Jones concert so we can have something closer to look forward to.

I think at one of the stops we are going to go on the schooner boat to snorkel and other than that we are just going to walk around and hang out shopping and on the boat.

We are ALMOST into the double digits from the triple so that is awesome!!

heidi

LogansMommy_MD
01-13-2004, 06:57 PM
Thanks Jason! Oh, and I also know our cabin number - its 2092 - but take your time getting it up there on the website - no hurry!!

And that thought of the pina colada, Bob Marley and the tropics may possibly be enough to get me through these next few months!!

Heidi - what a great weekend trip - I'm sure you'll have a blast! Sounds like fun.. Vegas is soooo awesome!!

-Tracey

P.S. Have any of you purchased the Passporter's Guide to disney cruise (I think thats what its called!).. I just got it last week and what a GREAT book with TONS of cool information!!!

conny264
01-14-2004, 05:39 AM
Yes ,yes -we finally reached the double digits today.

I looked at our reservation doc.and couldnīt believe that we started our countdown at 407 days.I tought,we would never reach this point.,,but thank God we made it.

Tracey-the passporter cruise guide is really great,you will find yourself reading in it again and again.Trust me.

Conny:Pinkbounc :wave: :Pinkbounc :wave: :Pinkbounc

Alice Sr.
01-14-2004, 06:54 AM
I have been looking for the Passporter Cruise Guide but haven't been able to find it. I thought maybe they were out of them because the new one is supposed to come out in March I think. I'll call Border's and ask them to order it.

St. Maarten - I think we are going to do the Dolphin Encounter on Anguilla, if not we are going to take a ferry over there anyway.

St. Thomas - We are doing a daysail to St. John to snorkel and fish, eat, drink and relax.

Does anyone have plans for the Spa? If so, what treatment are you looking at?

Hi Heidi - I love Utah, it's one of my all time favorite places. I used to live in Provo. Had season passes to Sundance - life was good.

Won't be long and we will all be doing the double digit dance with Conny.

dthogue
01-14-2004, 07:57 AM
Hi All,

It is soo cold here today and they're calling for snow tonight - I want to go somewhere warm :-)

I bought the Passporter cruise book and also think it is great. I read it over and over, looking for more tips to make this a great trip.

We are planning on doing the Golden Eagle Catamaran in St. Marten, then doing Coral World and Coki Beach on St. Thomas = has anyone been to Coral World? Looking for tips on the best way to get there and plan the day.

Count me in on the Pina Coladas, my favorite drink :-)

Take Care,
Tammy
princess:

LogansMommy_MD
01-14-2004, 01:22 PM
I got my Passporter book through Overstock. It was only like $9 I THINK! I had also heard that a new one was coming out, but I didn't think I could wait!! lol...And yes, I've been reading it ALOT - I finished the book, but last night began going back over, looking for tips like Tammy said!

Alice Sr- I am considering a spa treatment, but unsure what to do as well. I was considering the spa tester, as I've NEVER had a massage before (I know, can you believe it?), and the idea of a facial sounds great too... So, thats probably what I'll do. I'm also leaning towards checking out the Rainforest; I've heard great things about that spot too!!

-Tracey

hydster
01-14-2004, 03:28 PM
Alice you should know all about the LOVELY (NOT) Utah inversions we have and boy do we have a whopper of one right now. Highs arent getting out of the teens the whole day, the air is so crummy that they have cancelled recess at my kids school indefinitely because the particulate matter in the air is so high and people are flocking to emergency rooms and doctors at an alarmingly high rate due to the fact that their hearts and lungs are being constricted. I'd bet you certainly DONT miss that about Utah! The lovely inversion is what made us decide to go to Vegas for a weekend. The air is gunky, breathing hard and it is humid and cold as he**!

I am SO looking forward to getting to the warmth of the Caribbean and we are SO close to being in double digits! Hubby and I plan on getting massages on the ship and also on Castaway Cay since they are probably our favorite thing to do on a cruise (besides eat and play with the kids) but they are SO relaxing.

I need a serious Pina Colada about right now with warmth, sunshine and clean air! :)

Heidi

conny264
01-15-2004, 04:10 PM
Hi all

I seriously considering to spoil yself with the Absolute Face and Body Treatment,I love massages.

my sister and will not go on any organised shore excursions.On St.Maarten we will rent a car and explore on our own and on St.Thomaswe would like to go to the Paradise Point and do a little shopping.

Conny:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

LogansMommy_MD
01-22-2004, 10:34 AM
Double Digits!!!

Woohoo!!!

:Pinkbounc :bounce:

ThreeCircles
01-22-2004, 01:52 PM
Us too!

The next big step is the Single Digit Dance!!!

dthogue
01-22-2004, 04:14 PM
We're all doing the double digit dance! I can't believe in a little over three months we'll all be sailing - it still seems like a dream.

Take care,
Tammy

dthogue
01-29-2004, 07:36 PM
Hey Everyone - our thread was almost to page 3 - thought I'd bump it up and see what everyone is doing.

My girls finally got back to school after 2 days off and one day with a delay. It is so cold here, I can't wait for spring. I am sick of snow.

I just looked at our countdown and we only have 91 days til we leave for Florida. We are planning on arriving Friday and that night my girls have deceided we should have dinner at Chef Mickey's. This is our usual 1st night at WDW dinner spot. I can call on Saturday for our reservations.

What is everyone else up too?

Take care,
Tammy
princess:

LogansMommy_MD
01-30-2004, 09:19 AM
Hi all - and thanks to Tammy for the bump!!

We've been recovering from the cold and snow here in MD too - we're delayed today AGAIN and its just been one of those wierd weeks - but glad its over!!

I've just been doing a little more research and making sure all my T's are crossed, so to speak, with all my reservations. Found a really cool Soft-sided cooler that holds 24 cans at Target last night for $6.33 !! Woohoo... (I get excited over the littlest things!)

Just anxiously counting down the days! My DS got a postcard from "Mickey" last week and boy was he excited!!

Take care,
Tracey

Alice Sr.
01-30-2004, 06:45 PM
15 below here this morning, wind chill -25. We are arriving on Friday also, we are thinking about DTD, AKL, or maybe we will just drive straight to the coast. Guess we still have some time to decide. This is the 1st year since '98 that we haven't gone to WDW, I think I'm going through withdrawal.

You all stay warm and healthy, see you when it's :sunny:

Alice

bobbidiboo
02-03-2004, 04:09 PM
Hi All,
I have just recently come back to the DIS boards (it was a long rough summer & Fall, we lost our beautiful little Princess Lauren 7 yrs. old to Leukemia:( )
So we are healing and just need to get away, Spent Christmas at WDW with the whole family, now DH and I just need to have some alone time.
I see from here there are several who will be going on the Magic, that's great! I would love to get to know you. I already e-mailed Jason to get on his special site and a Great site it is:cool1:
With our cold cold winter we sure are getting anxious to get to some warm tropical sun! See you there:wave2:

LogansMommy_MD
02-03-2004, 04:20 PM
Bobbidiboo - I am so so sorry to hear about your loss!
I have read several of your posts on this site, and my heart just sank when I read about Lauren..

But glad that you're here!! This is a fun thread and hopefully we'll all get to know each other in the next 3 months before our trip!!

And yep - Jason's site is awesome, isn't it??

-Tracey
:sunny:

ThreeCircles
02-03-2004, 05:52 PM
Brenda--

I too am very sorry to hear about Lauren and I am so glad that you and Bob will be able to take some time with one another this May.

I have updated <a href="http://**********************">*****************</a> and have added your information to the list. Thanks so much for sending it in and becoming part of the group. It's a great picture! (And thanks for the nice words about the site as well!)

bobbidiboo
02-03-2004, 07:40 PM
WOW,:eek:

I have been going through all the post from page one to get to know everyone:crazy: and I get back to page 9 and there are a couple replys:Pinkbounc . Tracy thanks for your kind words, it has now been 4 months and I know she is a beautiful Princess Angel who is pain free and at peace.
Jason you are really, really good I just e-mailed you and there is all my info on your site already. Hey congrats on finishing college, my son who is 26 just finished last fall, so I know how you must be feeling.:jumping1: What was your major? My son is now an electrical engineer and I must say very proud of him.

Sounds like several are interested in a Palo brunch count us in too!

The one thing I am looking forward to is the Dolphin encounter, so I am hoping to get in on it. Jason I read on one of your post that there is a place to download the form to fax in?

It looks like most of you are having the late seating? We have the early, I guess I'm so used to that time for eating because I run a Home Daycare and teach pre school so it is always early to bed early to rise!! But who needs to watch the time onboard right?
Oh my gosh look it me ramble on can you tell I have not been in touch for awhile
Brenda

ThreeCircles
02-04-2004, 06:45 AM
Thanks for the congrats on finishing school Brenda! I don't think I could have taken much more! :) I just have to keep telling myself, only 2.5 more months. Only 2.5 more months… 2.5 more months…

My major is Clinical Social Work (M.S.W.) and I'm completing my internship at Moffitt Cancer Center here in Tampa. It's actually been a wonderful experience and one that has provided me with unparalleled learning opportunities.

Now, if I could only figure out a way to earn the salary of an electrical engineer! ;)

According to the Disney Cruise Line site, shore excursions can be reserved via e-mail (dcl.shore.excursions@disneycruise.com), phone ((877) 566-0968), or fax ( <a href="http://apsc.disney.go.com/dcl/media/GenericShoreExOrderForm.pdf">Excursion Form</a> ). Travis and I have reserved reservations through the e-mail option and DCL has always been very prompt in communicating with us. Hope this helps!

conny264
02-04-2004, 07:33 AM
Hello everyone.

After a period of totally hectic and nonstop work I found some time to check the boards again.

Bobbidiboo-I lost two friends last year from cancer and I can only imagine losing a child.My deepest sympathy and wishes to you from the bottom of my heart.It is a good thing that you take your time and do something enjoyable.Iīm sure your little angel is watching and smiling.

My sister and I are really looking forward meeting all of you and hopfully we managew to get a nice champagne brunch at palo organised.Just say when and weīll be there.
Itīs interesting to read how cold it is in the States.Over here we had just 1 day of snow,everybody panicked and now its back to almost springlike temperatures.Today we have 12° Celsius.i donīt know what this is in Fahrenheit but definitly to warm for february.The first little spring flowers are allready blooming in our front yard.

Lots of greetings from Germany and only 78 days to our flight date.
:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

Conny

bobbidiboo
02-04-2004, 01:27 PM
Hey Jason
My hats off to you, this is a very difficult but rewarding job::yes::
We sure can use more dedicated people like you and believe me you should be paid much more than an Electrical Engineer. Who would you rather work with Adults or children? The Social Workers we had for Princess Lauren were amazing.
Thanks for the Link to the shore excursions form it's copied and I can't wait to fax it in:bounce:

Conny, Two weeks ago for almost a whole week we had -34 Celsius which is -30 Fahrenheit here. right now we have 2.7 Celsius (37 Fahrenheit) Ahhh.... spring flowers well maybe in about 3 more months I will be seeing some.
Yes cancer is a terrible thing but to watch a child fight so hard for 5 years and than lose her is the hardest thing I have ever done in my life.
How far are you from Berlin? The grief counsellor who is working with us will be going to Berlin in April, so lucky! I would love to go some day. My husband has been all over Germany while he was in the service and says some day he will take me there! Maybe a DVC trip to Disney Paris and than over to Germany Hmmm. have to think about when to plan that one:) You and your sister must be so anxious to get to the "House of The Mouse"::MickeyMo You are going to have a great time!!

Brenda

dthogue
02-04-2004, 06:52 PM
Brenda - welcome to our little group, its great to have more cruisers joining us.

I'm sorry to hear about your daughter. May the memories you have of her help you through this difficult time.

Conny- I'm jealous of your weather. It has been so cold here, I can't wait to see the flowers bloom.

Can you believe we are under 3 months now. My girls have been trying on their summer clothes and we have a huge shopping list.

Since we all are interested in the Champagne Brunch, maybe we should try to decide when we would like to go. Is there a way to make a reservation for a group or do we still have to stand in line on boarding day?

Take care everyone and we'll be meeting soon!:)

Tammy

Alice Sr.
02-04-2004, 07:15 PM
Wow - I had much to catch up on!

1st off bobbidiboo welcome aboard! We are hoping to do the Dolphin Encounter also, (well actually I plan on doing my impression of a beached whale):) while my DD's do the encounter part.

I would love to do Palo's anytime, brunch or dinner if anyone else is interested. Do we make resv. the day we board or can we do it ahead of time?

We are in the middle of a heat wave today too, 18 degree F unfortunately it's not going to stay through the weekend.

Well, I better pay attention to dinner or we'll be going out:crazy:

Look forward to seeing you all.

Alice

ThreeCircles
02-04-2004, 09:49 PM
About Palo Champagne Brunch...

From what I have read from other Dis Board members postings on the boards, organizing a Palo Champagne Brunch meet with such a large group can present some difficulties.

Palo does have one large room that they use for large parties. It appears that it may hold 15 or so people comfortably but probably not more. Larger groups would probably have to be split among many different tables in the main dining area. I remember reading that some Dis groups have been as large as 50+. While Palo has tried to be as accommodating as possible, all of the members just couldn't be seated together, even in one general area of the restaurant, due to space constraints.

I believe that if we do want to get a group together, one person can make the reservation for the whole group. The individual making the reservation would have to have the names and cabin numbers of all people who wish to attend though. They could make the reservation and then leave the day and time of the brunch reservation on the attendees voice mail on their stateroom phones.

Brenda--

Thanks for the kind words! The work itself is very rewarding and I find myself enjoying it more each day. Moffitt Cancer Center is an adult-only hospital as there are several All Children's Hospitals in the area with specialized pediatric oncology departments. We attempt to work in conjunction with them and avoid duplicating services. However, some services do see younger "adults" (14 - 18) on occasion.

LogansMommy_MD
02-05-2004, 04:03 PM
I actually found a thread that gives information on a DIS Brunch or something, probably just as Jason said:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=402422&highlight=%2BPalo+%2Blarge+%2Bgroup

Anybody have Concierge service? Apparently, that person could book this brunch (or whatever it ends up being) in advance.

Jason - on a personal note, I commend you for getting as far as you have with Social Work and enjoying it!! I made it to a BSW with an Associate license, working in a group home for troubled/neglected teens, until I was involved in a car accident (I'm fine now!) But as challenging as it was, it was also so very rewarding!!!
Kudos to you!
:tongue:

ThreeCircles
02-05-2004, 04:14 PM
Tracey--

Wow! Another tried, true, stamped, and degreed social worker on this cruise! I knew we hit it off well from the beginning! :teeth: Are you still practicing?

Thanks for posting the link to the thread with all of the info on the Palo Brunch. Just quickly reading through it I get the distinct feeling that the private room may not be the direction to go.

LogansMommy_MD
02-05-2004, 04:23 PM
Jason - No, unfortunately, my college education was put to waste! lol.. After I was in my accident, my employer wasn't able to hold my position for me, (which was understandable as I was in wheelchair and crutches for a year!).
By the time I got back into the workforce, I realized that I could make more money in another field; due to my lack of SW education & experience. :(

But, I did enjoy it immensely, and still find myself using my good 'ole SW ethics, which is definetly a good thing!!!

Re: Palo's, I think we could probably get them to push some tables together and call it a day!!

:)

ThreeCircles
02-05-2004, 04:45 PM
It's funny how things work out in life sometimes. Guess it's all that crazy serendipity stuff! :crazy: But, I'm glad to see that you're still a social worker at heart and apply our profession to your new area of employment. ::yes:: I'm sure you continue to make us all proud!

I can't believe that we're already down to 85 days (and less in some cases)! The time is going by really fast and I can almost feel what it's like to be on the Magic again! Can't hardly wait!

How is everyone doing with their plans? We're still GTY as far as cabin assignments go but I'm thinking that may change in a month or so. We started calling DCL to inquire about Florida Resident Rates for the cruise but so far they only have them released through mid-March. Hopefully soon! If not, I guess we have a pretty good rate as of right now, and hopefully, an upgrade? One can hope! :teeth:

Are some of you organizing a Dis Meet at the Raddison the Friday prior to the cruise? Perhaps we should start a page on the site for the various meets so that people, as they filter into our thread, can have a heads up as to where and when they can meet fellow Disers.

LogansMommy_MD
02-06-2004, 09:35 AM
We'll keep your fingers crossed for you and your upgrade Jason!!!
Heck, I'll keep 'em crossed for all of us!! :hyper:

DS and I will not be at the radison the night before - we are flying in early evening on Friday so are staying at the airport. I'd be curious as to hear where others will be, but sounds like a good idea for those who will be there!

:bounce:

bobbidiboo
02-06-2004, 11:04 AM
Hi:wave:
My DH and I fly into MCO on Friday afternoon and we will use FL Tours to shuttle us to Cocoa Beach to the Comfort Inn. Spend a nice evening on the beach than they will shuttle us to the port around 10:30 I think.
When we come back our flight isn't until 6:45 p.m. so we also got the day rate for the Hyatt at the airport we will relax there until we have to get on the plane. (But don't want to think about that
:eek: )

Brenda

LogansMommy_MD
02-06-2004, 11:16 AM
Brenda - We are also doing the dayroom at the Hyatt - our flight out isn't til 5:30ish. I had contemplated doing a day at Disney, but I'm SURE my DS will be exhausted, as will I. We'll be relaxing I'm sure, BUT I don't like thinking about it either!!!!
:(

conny264
02-06-2004, 01:38 PM
Hello everyone.

Weather here in Germany still warm.But they said itīs going to drop on Monday and Tuesday with a small chance of snow and after that back to plus temperatures.Itīs so crazy and very unhealthy.

Brenda- Bielefeld is about a 2 hour trainride from Berlin,so we are more in the northern part of Germany.You should definitly try and go to Paris and the Disneypark there.In my opinion itīs much nicer than the Magic Kingdom.I heart from someone,who visited all Parks around the world that it feels like the Imadineers put all their previous experiences together when they created the Paris park.Its really nice and 6 Disney Hotels are in walking distance.

Jason-what does this GTY mean?I read it in various post and Iīm just curious,what it is and how it works.

About the Palo brunch-maybe we should decide on a date and everybody makes individual reservations as soon as possible.Iīm sure they will try and give us some tables close to each other and we might share tables.Just a thought.

Lots of greetings from germany

Conny

:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

ThreeCircles
02-06-2004, 03:24 PM
To be honest, I'm not really sure what the GTY thing is all about. I know that it stands for "guaranteed" and means that we are guaranteed to be placed in at least a category 11 stateroom. It also means that we won't be assigned a specific stateroom number until closer to the cruise.

As to why and when they use GTY versus giving out concrete staterooms, I'm lost! :p We generally book our cruises about three months in advance, due to Florida Resident Rates, and this is the first time we've gotten a GTY status. So far, we haven't been able to get a FL rate but we're still hoping. It's actually quite odd because on our back-to-backs, late this year, we DO have stateroom numbers! It's just darn crazy! :crazy:

And thanks Tracey for the support! I'm not counting on much but if it happens it will be a nice added surprise. We've always sailed in category 11 or 10 and loved it. Just being on the Magic (anywhere) is what I need!!! :teeth:

conny264
02-07-2004, 06:23 AM
Thanks for answering,it really sounds kind of strange but I will keep my fingers crossed for you that you get a nice stateroom.

Bye
:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc Conny

ThreeCircles
02-08-2004, 12:01 PM
We'll be happy with any stateroom we get! Just so long as we're on the Magic, that's what matters the most!!! :p

ThreeCircles
02-10-2004, 01:38 PM
80 days and counting!

Alice Sr.
02-12-2004, 06:24 AM
I just read "minniesota" cruise trip report and really enjoyed it. Great writing style and tips. If anyone is interested in linking resv. for dinner let me know. All of a sudden I don't feel like I know enough and I'm going to miss out on something.

Look forward to seeing you all:sunny:

Alice

conny264
02-12-2004, 07:06 AM
70 days finally.

And Alice,I know exactly what you mean,Im reading and reading and still canīt believe,I covered everything.My biggest worry at the moment is that we will be stuck in traffic on our way to the port from WDW or the car breaks down or that we get lost,which is crazy,Iīm pretty good at orientation.Now I know,what all this people on the board talk about regarding nightmares the closer you get to the cruisedate.Itīs horrible.

Conny:wave2: :confused: :scared1: :faint: :hyper:

ThreeCircles
02-12-2004, 08:13 AM
Originally posted by Alice Sr.
I All of a sudden I don't feel like I know enough and I'm going to miss out on something.

Alice

Alice--

Don't worry! We'll all be there to help one another out! We're the Dis Support Group, ya know! ;)

One of the "problems" with a Disney Cruise, at least from my experience, is that you almost have to resign yourself to the fact that you will "miss out" on some of the things. After four cruises, there are still things that I haven't had a chance to try! But, depending on how you look at it, that may be a good thing too. Gives you lots of reasons to keep going back and taking more cruises! :)

I have a feeling that you're going to have a fantastic time and you'll leave feeling like you couldn't have cramed more into a week if you tried!

Conny--

Don't worry! We'll have Captain Mickey hold the ship for you if we don't see you onboard by castoff! ::yes::

conny264
02-13-2004, 05:15 AM
Thank you.

Now I can start worrying about our flight,because British Airways is cancelling flights on a regular base,luckily not to Orlando and not from London-Gatwick till this day,but who knows.
I think Iīm a nervous wrack untill we are finally there.

By the way,I really like,whatīis standing at the bottom of your posts.;)
Conny

dthogue
02-13-2004, 08:40 AM
Hi Everyone - I can't believe how fast time is going by - It'll be cruise time soon :)

Conny - Don't worry - we are also coming to the port from WDW - the directions sounds very easy. Be sure to check out Dave's site at dcltribute.com. He has some very nice maps and great directions.

Alice - I'm with you, there is so much to know. I can't believe taking a cruise and not ever finding the DIS board. I have started a small 3 ring binder with tabs for different areas of the cruise. Behind each tab, I have a sheet with all the tips that I collected for that particular section. I keep all this info on a spreadsheet and keep adding to it as I read posts. If you would like a copy, let me know and I can email it to you.

Take care everyone and look forward to meeting you soon!

Tammy
princess:

LogansMommy_MD
02-13-2004, 12:37 PM
I agree too! There seems to be tons to know! With these boards and the Passporter - phew! I'll be anxious to just be onboard after all these weeks of planning. I'm a little nervous about actually "getting there" too; hoping our flights get in okay (one reason I booked non-stop), on time shuttles, etc. I always get a little freaked when its just DS and me traveling, sometimes questioning my abilities, but everything always works out fine!!

Since its just me and DS, I've decided that we'll only do 1 excursion (at St. martins) and just take the other islands as they come. And just play it by ear. I don't really FEEL like we have to go to every show or every dinner or every whatever.... I just want to relax and enjoying being on vacation. And as far as DS goes - whatever he wants to do, I'm okay with (within reason of course!).. cuz he's on vacation too.. I don't want to overwhelm him on his first cruise!!!! So, I think it makes perfect sense what Jason said about resigning yourself to the fact that you WON'T do everything, so don't stress out trying!!

Conny - I'll keep my fingers crossed for you as far as your flights go - I'm sure they'll be fine and you'll be there before you know it!

AliceSr - We've got late seating too; I'd be interested in linking ressies - not sure I fully understand what that means - does that mean seating together? Sounds fine to me! And if my DS is eating with me (as opposed to being in the OC), rest assured he is very well-behaved!

Well, 11 weeks from today and we'll be on vacation!! Anxious to meet all of you all!

-Tracey

conny264
02-13-2004, 01:59 PM
Thanks Tammy

Daves site was one of the first I checked because of his rental car info.I allready printed his map(like 6 month ago) and printed a second copy just in case.Talking of overpreparing.
Tracey-I have the Passporter deluxe edition and all the info goes in ther.My sister calls it my Disneyvacationbible.It started small and got bigger and bigger.

Looking forward to meeting you all and lots of greetings from Germany
Conny:wave: :wave: :wave:

ThreeCircles
02-17-2004, 04:43 PM
Hello everyone!

I'm sooooo excited! Just received our Shore Excursion pamphlet in the mail this afternoon for the May 1st cruise!

Let the planning begin!!! ! :hyper:

LogansMommy_MD
02-17-2004, 04:49 PM
Jason - does your TA send that to you? or did you have to request it?

I thought i was set on my Sea & See Adventure in St. Martin until I started reading some neg. reviews about it and now I'm not sure....
:confused:

-Tracey

ThreeCircles
02-17-2004, 05:32 PM
Tracey--

We booked directly though Disney Cruise Line and received the shore excursion book from them.

Out of our previous four cruises, we booked through DCL directly on all of them except for one. On that cruise we used AAA. It seems that if you book through a third party information, such as the excursion book and documents, take a bit longer to get.

Alice Sr.
02-17-2004, 08:23 PM
I need to check this thread more, I keep getting behind.

Tammy - I would love a copy of your info - thanks very much!

Tracey - I think we just have to call and request to be seated together. If you want to PM me your full name I'll call and ask them to put us together.

I'm still not sure if Megan is coming with us. I told her I have to know tonight because we have to book our airfare.

Jason - what is a Shore Excurtion pamphlet? Is it for making reservations or just info. I want mine:hyper:

I'm still trying to decide where to stay on Friday night. I e-mailed the new resort (timeshare) in Cocoa Beach but haven't heard back from them yet.

:sunny: your way,
see you soon,
Alice

ThreeCircles
02-17-2004, 08:37 PM
Jason - what is a Shore Excurtion pamphlet? Is it for making reservations or just info. I want mine:hyper:

Alice

Alice--

Basically, the Shore Excursion pamphlet details all of the shore excursions that you book through Disney. It breaks the excursions down by port-of-call and gives pictures and lots of details (length of the excursion, activity level, type of activity, etc.) about each one. They also include a price list and an order form that you can use to check off all of the excursions you wish to book and then return via mail.

I'm sure that the books were sent out as a batch and everyone will be getting theirs soon!

LogansMommy_MD
02-18-2004, 11:15 AM
Alice - I PM'ed my info - let me know if you need any more info or if I can do anything else on my end! Thanks!

Jason - I don't know if this is the same, but on DAve's site:

http://www.dcltribute.com/excursions/catalog_eastern/

There is a pdf of what I think is the same booklet....

????

Coutin' down!
Tracey

:Pinkbounc

ThreeCircles
02-18-2004, 01:15 PM
That's the one! ::yes::

ScrapHappyMama
02-18-2004, 01:56 PM
Hi all! I have been lurking around for quite some time now, but haven't gotten around to posting here until now. Dh (Wayne) and I (Linda) will also be on the May 1 Eastern, along with ds Robbie who is 6 and dd Emily who is 3, and also my dm (Kathy) will be with us. My dh and I have taken one cruise before (not Disney) but the rest of our group will be on their first cruise ever. We are all extremely excited, especially the kids! Looking forward to getting to know all of you as well.

Linda

LogansMommy_MD
02-18-2004, 02:24 PM
Welcome on "board" Linda!!!

:wave: :wave: :wave:

-Tracey

ScrapHappyMama
02-18-2004, 05:34 PM
Thanks Tracy!! :sunny:

Linda

Alice Sr.
02-18-2004, 06:29 PM
Linda - I'm glad you guys are coming and decided to join in here. I look forward to meeting you all.

Alice

ThreeCircles
02-18-2004, 08:18 PM
Hello fellow Disney Magic Cruisers and a special welcome to ScrapHappyMama!

We've added another family to our <a href="http://*****************">Disney Magic May 1st Cruise List</a>!

Looks like our group is really starting to grow! I PMed several of the other individuals listed on the <a href="http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=509129">"Unofficial DCL Who's Sailing List"</a> graciously maintained by Donalds_best_pal and have heard back from several of them. Although IrishCowboy and Zyezye are listed under our cruise they have actually rebooked on different sailings and won't be with us on the May 1st. At any rate, I'm happy to report that they will still be sailing with DCL at some point this year!

Also, I saw this on the community board and just had to throw it out there...

<a href="http://www.code16.com/cat/">Need a laugh?</a>

Talk to you all soon,
Jason

dthogue
02-19-2004, 06:47 AM
Hey Everyone -

Linda welcome to our group - I love your screen name.

Has everyonre decided on their excursions? This is so exciting, I can hardly wait. Does anyone know what time the reservation desks opens? I want to call 1st thing on March 1st.

Alice - send me your email address and I will send you mt spreadsheet. Hopefully it will be helpful.

Take care,
Tammy
princess:

conny264
02-19-2004, 08:41 AM
Hi everyone.

Just gone for a few days and another page full.

"Welcome Linda" from Germany!

Did anybody see the thread about arranging a Dismeet on board?I think,the idea of setting a time and day and meet at the Promenade lounge or on deck 7 secret verandah sound very good.What do you think?

My sister and I are still not planning any excursions,canīt make up our minds,so we probably will be adventuring on our own or decide on the last minute.I donīt think we will get this booklet,we might not even get our documents untill we arrive at the Animal Kingdom Lodge.Our TA told me we better not take any chances if DCL mails them too close to our flight date and they might end up in Germany when we are allready in Orlando.

Bye for now and lots of greetings from Germany
Conny
:wave2: :wave2: :wave2:

ThreeCircles
02-19-2004, 08:49 AM
I think a Dis Meet is a great idea. It will give us a chance to meet each other in person at the start of the cruise. Them, as we all pass one another throughout the duration, we'll recognize friendly faces! I set up a page on the Disney Magic May 1st Cruise List site for possible Dis Meet information. If we have suggestions for several different Dis Meet times and locations, I'll set up a poll on the site so that we can all vote for which we would think most favorable. We'll leave the poll open for a specific amount of time and then tally the results at the end. So, if you have suggestions for the time/location, please send them in! Also, please let me know if you would like to see anything added to the Dis Meet page or the site in general!

As far as excursions, Travis and I are looking at the Eco Hike on St. John. We didn't visit that island on our last Eastern and it really does look beautiful over there. From what I understand, almost the entire island is a national park.

Talk to you all soon!
Jason

ScrapHappyMama
02-19-2004, 08:53 AM
Thanks for the warm welcome everyone!! What a great group you guys are. I think a DIS meet somewhere early in the cruise would be a really wonderful idea. The brunch sounded good, but I think the logistics of it would be difficult. Probably much easier to organize a meet and greet somewhere.

Tammy, I am an avid scrapbooker, which is how I came up with the screen name. In fact, when my kids got there postcard from Mickey (via Verandah Man) my son told me I could get our cruise scrapbook started early, since I had something to put in it, lol.

Linda

LogansMommy_MD
02-19-2004, 12:50 PM
Since this is my FIRST Disney Cruise, I have NO idea where any other possible locations for a DIS Meet would be, so, whatever the group thinks would work would be fine with me!!! Although I do like the suggestion of maybe right before the Lifeboat drill or after. That way, like previously stated, we'll know each other to wave to or say HI too throughout the trip!

I'm actually unsure now of our excursion! I want to do just ONE, and it was going to be the Sea & See, but I heard its boring and not worth it from several posts. So.... thinking primarily of DS, I may do the Butterfly farm, but then again, since DS had wanted to do the semi-sub, I may just keep with that idea.. live and let learn...

And re: Brunch at Palos, maybe that could be something of a smaller scale DIS Meet? I know originally I had decided going to Palo's wasn't important to me, but after reading all the wonderful reviews and comments, I think I'd like to go!! So if it comes down to it, I may attempt to go alone, but if anyone would be interested in doing this (or even a champagne thing or dinner) let me know..

C ya'll!!

:wave2: :wave2:

Alice Sr.
02-19-2004, 08:28 PM
I'm open to meet anytime that works for everyone else.

Hi Tracey - I linked our reservations today, and I too am very interested in the Palo's Brunch and dinner. I just haven't decided which rotation night I want to give up.

I really want to do the High Tea so that's another reservation I will be making if anyone is interested.

We are planning on going to Anguilla (on our own not an excursion), and St. John (again on our own) to hike and snorkle.

I'm really sad to say Megan is not coming with us:( she doesn't want to miss school, her friends or her animals. Lindsey is going to ask one of her friends. I'll try to get a picture of us this weekend for the website.

Can't wait to see you all :sunny:
Alice

bobbidiboo
02-20-2004, 02:47 PM
Hi:wave:
Just catching up with everyone, and had to let you all know I received my shore excursion packet today:bounce: :Pinkbounc

Will be putting the Dolphin encounter down for sure and was thinking about the St. John Eco Hike.

Welcome ScrapHappyMama, Linda. Maybe can catch up with you and get a few pointers on scrapbooking? I have bought lots of material and a book for our Christmas Disney trip but haven't done a thing yet:eek:

Jason , Thanks for the cutest Laugh, it had myself and all the daycare children rolling on the floor!!:rotfl: must say it is a very addictive laugh

Let me know about any meeting and where!

Brenda

ScrapHappyMama
02-20-2004, 02:54 PM
Brenda, I really LOVE to talk about my favorite hobby, so any scrapbook questions you have, just fire away! I have already started planning out our cruise scrapbook in my head.

I know that it is going to be a big let down after the cruise getting off the MAGICal ship, but having the scrapbook creation to look forward to will make it a little bit easier, lol (after all, scrapbooking an event is the next best thing to being there!)

Happy Friday,
Linda

ThreeCircles
02-20-2004, 10:46 PM
Hello everyone!

Just a quick note to let everyone know that we've added another cruiser to the Disney Magic May 1st Cruise List site!

She's new the the site but not this thread! Saturday97 was second individual to post!

Bobbidiboo--

Isn't that picture just the best? I have it bookmarked in my favorites and whenever I need to smile or laugh I just pull it up. Hasn't failed me yet! And I know what you mean about the laugh being addictive! :teeth:

So, you guys are considering the Eco Hike too? I think Travis and I are really leaning towards it. From what I understand it's pretty self-paced which is great for photo opportunities. I'm wondering if we'll be able to see much wildlife?

ThreeCircles
02-21-2004, 12:24 PM
Conny (Conny264) has proposed a time-slot on Sunday for the Dis Meet. I've added this suggestion to the May 1st site and will add any others if they are suggested.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend! We're having beautiful weather here. 74 right now with a high in the upper 70's. Clear and sunny!

Alice Sr.
02-22-2004, 09:38 AM
We have the clear and sunny part but along with our clear and sunny we get 24F/-4C. I'm going to take the big fat dog for a walk/run and pretend it's 74:sunny:

Lindsey and I went shopping yesterday, the stores are really rolling out spring things now, so we must be getting close right?::yes::

Oh, by the way we got our excursion information Friday.

Hope you all are warmer than us, enjoy your weekend.

Alice

ScrapHappyMama
02-22-2004, 10:55 AM
We got our excursion information too. I think we are going to just play it by ear on St. Martin, probably just go to Great Bay beach and shop around the pier area. On St. Thomas we are going to do the Open Safari bus Coral world excursion I think.

It is clear and sunny here also, but only in the 30's. (but here, that is practically a heat wave, lol) We are getting ready to drive into town to go to the mall and get some cruise clothes for the kiddos. They are not usually excited to go shopping, but today they are!

Have a good day everyone!
Linda :wave:

ThreeCircles
02-23-2004, 06:37 PM
http://www.teresco.org/pics/signs/numbers/067-ny67east-close.jpg

:Pinkbounc 67 Days to go! :bounce:

LogansMommy_MD
02-23-2004, 07:44 PM
Hi all!! Just a few more days and we can book these excursions we've been talking about!! Sounds like most everyone has a general idea what they wanna do!! Well, I decided I'm gonna do the sea & see afterall.. My DS wants to do the semi-submarine, so by-golly, we're gonna do it!!!!!! lol...

Alice - thanks sooo much for doing the ressie linking!! That will be cool!! Looking forward to that!!

Well, just wanted to touch base and say hey :wave2: !! Can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

C ya'll soon!!

Tracey

ThreeCircles
02-23-2004, 09:18 PM
Hi all!! Just a few more days and we can book these excursions we've been talking about!!

Well, we still have to pay off the cruise itself! Kinda been holding off as long as possible... :eek:

Alice Sr.
02-24-2004, 06:22 AM
Aah the benefit of points:sunny:

bobbidiboo
02-24-2004, 07:12 AM
Hey Alice,
Are you a DVC member too? How long have you been one? We just bought in last April.
We booked on our points 9 months ago, and just love that it is all paid for. I know there has been controversy on this but that is why we bought into DVC so we don't have to pay cash for vacations except the transportation to from!
Have you tried any other places besides your "Home" or cruise? We are thinking of Tanque Verde Ranch next year.:wave2:

Brenda

P.S. Anyone, are you calling or faxing for excursions? Which is better way to do?

LogansMommy_MD
02-24-2004, 12:52 PM
You had to bring that up Jason, didn't you!!!! Actually, I was thinking of going out back and just picking some money off my money tree!! lol...

Brenda - I think I'm going to fax the excursion form in; or I may e-mail it.

:bounce:

ThreeCircles
02-24-2004, 05:22 PM
Actually, I was thinking of going out back and just picking some money off my money tree!! lol...

Hmmm... Right now I'm really wondering why I don't have one of these in my backyard!?!? :p

Brenda--

We always e-mail our excursions in and have never had a problem. In fact, the response rate has always been quite fast and you have the added security of printing out the e-mail confirmation they send.

ThreeCircles
02-24-2004, 09:52 PM
http://www.teresco.org/pics/signs/numbers/066-old66-close.jpg

dthogue
02-25-2004, 07:51 AM
You guys sound like my daughter - at 5 she thinks that as long as we have a ATM card and a machine that spits out money - the world is fine :D

Just made my final payment today - whew, that was a relief - now I can sit back and count the days.

I never did recieve a shore excursion packet from Disney :(

I still can't decided between emailing, calling or faxing in. Since we have 2 staterooms reserved for our family, I don't know if I need to send 2 different requests or just one. I thought maybe calling would be easier.

Take care,
Tammy
princess:

ThreeCircles
02-25-2004, 08:01 AM
Tammy--

I think your daughter may be on to something and we should get this plan implemented as soon as possible! :)

Concerning your shore excursion info, did you book directly though Disney or did you use a travel agent? I would call either Disney or your TA just to see if that info has been mailed. I would think that they would want you to have the information at least a little before the 60 day mark so you can begin to plan the excursions you want to book and such.

hydster
02-25-2004, 02:25 PM
I just realized today that I hadnt received ANY email notifications about this board for about 3 weeks now...so I had some reading to catch up on. I also just realized that we are now down to single digit weeks! 9 weeks from today we FLY OUT! I cant believe it!!!

So here's what we have decided to do:

We hired your ride to take us from the airport to our hotel
Staying at POR for 3 nights April 28-May1
We are going to just buy single day passes for MK and MGM since the 28th we dont arrive til 10 PM and then relax at the hotel to get ready for the CRUISE!

We hired Southern ELegance Limo's to take the 5 of us in a limo from POR to the Port and back to the airport at the end of the cruise :mad: I checked with the BBB and no bad things have been reported about them so hopefully they are good. They gave me the most competetive rate and seem to have some good extra touches..hopefully we arent stranded at the hotel and they will be there to get us. If not I guess we will break the bank and hire a taxi or something!:smooth:

We have rooms 6024/6026 reserved with early seating for dinner. My dd is 10 if anyone has a dd that age
My ds is 9
and my very high strung "baby" is a 5 yr old ds.

For excursions we have kind of decided to only do 1 excursion through DCL and then just hook a taxi at the other port. I think we have decided on (at least for now it keeps changing) but to just do our own thing in St. Maarten and then in St. Thomas to do the doubloon sail and snorkel OR buck island sail and snorkel.

Other than that we plan on just being tourists and using the ship ammenities more.

Then for the day we come home I think we are going to get a day room at the Hyatt in the airport since our flight isnt scheduled to leave until 4:30 that afternoon and I would think having a room/pool and television would be great with the kids...but we may decide to just go to Downtown Disney and Disney Quest...not sure there.

Anyway that's our plans! Figured I'd make a HUGE post now since I havent posted in forever. I looked at the first post I did and we were 215 days out...now we are ready to pay our final payment. I keep meaning to get it paid...guess I better get on it as we are due in just a few days!

Well that's about it for me! Oh yeah and we finally told our kids about it at Christmas as part of their presents that night. We sent them on a treasure hunt and actually they were much more excited about the hunt than the cruise itself. Hubby and I almost sat down and cried but they are coming along now!

Hope everyone is doing well!

Heidi

conny264
02-25-2004, 02:37 PM
Hello
Heidi-my sister and I are in the world from the 22nd and plan to be at the MK+MGM during the last 2 days before the cruise.We will keep our eyes open,maybe we will run into each other.
Your plans sound pretty good,we are planning on renting a car at St.Maarten and maybe a tour in St.Thomas.Not sure yet.Just enjoying the sights and the ship is also a very good option.

************-56days and tell me more about the money tree.Final payment due on Monday,hopfully the dollar will drop a littlebit more.

Alice-are you really such an early riser?I hope,I will manage to get up at least one morning to see the sunrise.

See you soon.
Conny;)

ThreeCircles
02-25-2004, 06:59 PM
http://www.teresco.org/pics/signs/numbers/065-exit11.jpg :wave2:

C'mon everyone. Join in! Post a picture, number, or anything that reflects the days left till we cruise!!!

I'm kinda stuck on road signs right now, can you tell? :p

Alice Sr.
02-26-2004, 02:51 AM
Gosh as we approach the 60 day mark I'm so excited I'm about to spin out of control:hyper:

I guess we can't depend on the e-mail or CP notifications right now. I know I have missed days of postings just relying on the CP.

Yep Conny up early just about every day, the flip side of that is by 9 PM I'm pretty much toast:crazy: maybe the late night activities will have me sleeping in a bit.

Hey Brenda I PM'd you about DVC and where we have stayed. It's nice not having to make a big lump sum payment for our cruise. A money tree would be nice but I would be happy with an AP tree (or a Florida resident AP - maybe Jason could adopt me :D )

I still can't decide between MCO or Cocoa Beach the 1st night.
I should probably get off the fence while there are still options:confused:

Anybody scheduling spa treatments?

See ya but not soon enough.

Alice

conny264
02-26-2004, 08:20 AM
Hi Alice
Count on the sea air and late dinning to sleep alittle longer.You are on vacation.Iīm planning on doing the Elemis absolut face and body treatment.I had no real vacation for the last 3 years and tons of work,so i guess I spoil myself a little.
Sorry Jason,I donīt know how to use numbers for the countdown,I donīt know how to do it.
:confused: :confused: :confused:
Bye for now
Conny

ThreeCircles
02-26-2004, 09:15 PM
Yep Conny up early just about every day, the flip side of that is by 9 PM I'm pretty much toast:

Toast at 9 PM?! :eek: No, no, no, my dear Alice. We're going to have you dancing the night away and closing down Rockin' Bar D every night! :teeth:

Everyone--

I added a few new links to the May 1st site. You can now visit Paradise Point before we even set foot on the St. Thomas! :)

Too bad we can't have a "Bushwhacker" http://www.paradisepointtramway.com/new_images/bushwacker.jpg until we actually get there! (FYI, you can print out a $1.00 off coupon for this drink from the site! :) )

Also, if you have any links you would like to add, just send them in. They don't have to be location-specific but can be on any topic pertaining to the cruise.

Oh, BTW, http://www.teresco.org/pics/signs/numbers/064-us64us264us158nc12.jpg !

Alice Sr.
02-26-2004, 09:20 PM
:rotfl:

ThreeCircles
02-27-2004, 08:18 AM
:rotfl:

Ohhh... You think I'm kidding! ;)

Happy Friday everyone!

conny264
02-27-2004, 09:39 AM
Hi everybody.

Jason-allready used the link,printed the coupons and we are going to try the drink.Sounds good.

Alice-we arenot kidding,no going to bed at 9.

One other thing,Iīm sooooo happy.I tried to get a wishes cruise at WDW and couldnīt get through and yesterday i found a nice Lady at the disboards who offered space on a boat ,mailed her immediatly and got a nice answer this morning:we have a place on the boat.Im so happy,wanted to do this for so long plus we are going to see the Electic water peagent as well.Yippieyeah.
Had to tell,otherwise I would explode out of shear joy.Hope you guys donīt mind.
See you soon and lots of greetings
Conny:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

ThreeCircles
02-27-2004, 11:04 AM
Conny--

I thought the drink looked kinda good too! Like a milkshake with 5 liquors! Yummy! (And, just between the two of us, the name is inviting in and of itself given the current political happenings here in the U.S. :) ) Perhaps we can schedule a drink atop Paradise Point between Silke, Travis, you, and myself! Just to drink to change in the United States! ;)

And Alice is in for a surprise, is she not? :p

LogansMommy_MD
02-27-2004, 01:10 PM
That drink LOOKS magnifique!!!!!!!!

Jason - is the Tram thing really worth it? - I've read reports that its not worth the money so, I didn't plan on it, but.....And is that the only place to get a Bushwacker?? lol...

Conny - GREAT NEWS! Glad you were able to get the Wish cruise (whatever that is anyway!!l lol!) YEAH!!!

9 more weeks!!! Yippee!!!!
Cya'll soon!!

ThreeCircles
02-27-2004, 01:46 PM
Tracey--

Well, I think the cable car costs about $15 per adult and $7 per child so it is a bit expensive. Travis and I have never been on it in the past and just figured we would give it a try this time.

From the web site it looks like there are some shops up there as well as the restaurant. Of course, there are a lot of shops just under Paradise Point too, and they're free! :)

As far as getting a Bushwacker elsewhere, that's a great question. I guess it's kind of like a local specialty but I just wonder if other bars/restaurants wouldn't know how to whip one up...

hydster
02-27-2004, 02:13 PM
As far as getting a Bushwacker elsewhere,

ROFL :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

I can tell you that when I first read about getting a bushwacker I was kind of thinking a bikini wax:tongue: :tongue:

Glad it wasnt...I was a little nervous!

Heidi (who is a burrito short of a mexican combo plate today)

LogansMommy_MD
02-27-2004, 02:17 PM
Oh my! :blush: But, it does make sense!!!!!!

Thanks for the Friday chuckle Heidi!!!!!!!

:teeth:

hydster
02-27-2004, 03:14 PM
Yeah I'm feeling a little silly today...went to the dentist still a little high on the laughing gas (appropriate) and also doped up on some really good pain killer! This is almost as good as the morphine drip after my hysterectomy last year! But the sense of humor seems to be in working order even if my mouth is not! LOL

Have a great weekend!
Heidi

Oh yeah and:

I'm pretty sure I'm going to be embarrased when I read this "sober" in the next few days...so forgive me now for I am not really myself! :earseek:

ThreeCircles
02-27-2004, 03:33 PM
Oh my! :eek: I had no idea I would start such a conversation! :teeth:

hydster
02-27-2004, 05:40 PM
Yeah sure you didnt!!! ;)

We all know there was a hidden message in there for all us gals to make sure we got a bush wacking before we put on that bikini or thong!:tongue:

JUST KIDDING!!!

Off for more pain pills...yippeeeeee

Heidi:wave: :hyper: :bounce: :Pinkbounc :tongue: :wave2: :yo-yo: :earseek:

Alice Sr.
02-27-2004, 09:37 PM
Oh Rush I mean Heidi girl you are cracking me up. Me thinks Jason, here's your girl for after 9PM;)

Thanks for the chuckle. (Hope you feel better)

Alice

conny264
02-28-2004, 07:17 AM
Hello Heidi.
You make me on to visit the dentist in the USa.I had an appointment with mine on Thursday,no laughing gas,no pain killers.Iīm jealous,had to go back in the afternoon to ask for some medicine,because it hurt so much.
Hope youīre better (and sober) again.

Jason Silke and I will definitly go to Paradise point,so the date for drinks is set.

Have a nice weekend everyone.
conny:tongue: :sunny: :wave2:

ThreeCircles
02-28-2004, 12:32 PM
Conny--

It's a date then!

Heidi--

Are the effects wearing off yet? And, does Ryan read this board? ;)

Everyone--

http://www.teresco.org/pics/signs/numbers/062-petroleum-close.jpg

ThreeCircles
02-28-2004, 02:14 PM
Ok, ok. I just broke down and paid the cruise off. :) Spending so much money never felt so good!

hydster
02-28-2004, 06:02 PM
And as predicted in my medicated state a tad bit flushed and blushing. Oh well now you all know the REAL me! LOL

Conny....yeah you need a good US dentist to give you the dope. They are awesome!! There is nothing better than strong drugs to make you feel ok about going and having your mouth destroyed (or fixed however you want to look at it). I cant imagine not having medications like laughing gas or Percocet but then I am a wimp when it comes to the dentist!

LOL Alice..glad I could give you a chuckle...I am a tad bit embarrased but oh well....

Jason...I am feeling much more "sober" today than I was yesterday but I still think even sober I would have thought bikini wax.:hyper: As for Ryan reading the board...he totally reads it or I tell him what kind of "open mouth insert foot moment" I've had. He's a bad influence on me..got me to do something at the Tom Jones concert in Vegas that I normally would never have done! He's very good at helping me make a fool out of myself.:tongue:

Anyway only 8 1/2 more weeks to get the 15 lbs off I need to actually fit my swimsuit again!

And sitting here in a horrible snowstorm freezing to death just motivates me more and more!!!

Off to burn some more calories!
Heidi

ThreeCircles
02-29-2004, 01:42 PM
Originally posted by hydster
Jason...I am feeling much more "sober" today than I was yesterday but I still think even sober I would have thought bikini wax.:hyper: As for Ryan reading the board...he totally reads it or I tell him what kind of "open mouth insert foot moment" I've had. He's a bad influence on me..got me to do something at the Tom Jones concert in Vegas that I normally would never have done! He's very good at helping me make a fool out of myself.:tongue:

I guess the name Bushwhacker does leave a lot to interpretation and an open imagination. Or, even better, an imagination running wild with post-dental medications! :)

As far as you and Ryan, sounds like you two might be fun to hang around during the cruise! ;)

Alice Sr.
02-29-2004, 07:14 PM
Hey everyone:wave2:

The end of a fabulous weekend, we were up to 62F today and mostly sunny skies. We did some shopping for the cruise - bought a over the door shoe holder for the bathroom, a couple of small flashlights, have kind of decided which fragrance to go with for shower gel and moisturizer, oh and I bought a bag of close line clips (you know for wet swimsuits so if you were going to buy some don't) I have enough for everyone, three new suitcases because ours were getting kind of ratty. It was fun to start picking up some things. Anybody else starting to put things together. I'm sure Conny and Silke have as their vacation starts so much sooner than ours - lucky girls.

See ya:wave:
Alice

bobbidiboo
02-29-2004, 08:16 PM
Wow Alice 62F we have 46F and cloudy skies today but I will take that any day over the -10 to -30 we have been having. I actually saw a Robin today great sign of spring for here:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc
I have been doing some shopping too but still can not find the right swim suit:mad: Of course I am still hoping to lose a little more weight before leaving so maybe wait buying that.
Went shopping to Costco's today and picked up a small soft pack cooler, Bonine, water shoes,big pack of film (for Camcorder) and some Phone cards ( I heard these are good to give out for appreciation plus your tips) My bags are empty but I do have what I call my Cruise box that I have been throwing things into. I'm sure I will overdo it but when it comes time to pack I'm also sure DH will let me know what I should leave out.

Jason a question since you have been on Disney before do they have any pressed penny machine onboard? I love to collect these.

travelin' mouse
02-29-2004, 10:34 PM
What started out as a cruise for me and my husband and two daughters has now turned into 3 rooms and 11 people. Some of us have done the four night cruise in 2000. It's always fun to bring people who have never been::MickeyMo See you soon::MinnieMo

conny264
03-01-2004, 07:15 AM
Hi Alice.
so far Iīm only writing down lists in my computer,so I donīt forget important things.i have a tendency of throwing everything into a big suitcase at the very last minute and a detailed list helps.A few years ago I arrived in New York with no spare underwear and socks,so my list is now VERY detailed.

I have one minor problem or question,I tried to get Bonine over hear,because I got seasick during a whalewatching trip in Maine but itīs not available hear.Where would be a good place to buy it at Disneyworld.I would like to take one before we drive to Port Canaveral.Just the thought of having taken it will help(like taking an umbrella and it will stay dry).Hope someone has atip for me.

Oh my god,just talking about it makes me want to start packing right now.So,I guess I go and check my bathing suits,Formal wear and summer shoes to get me in a holiday mood.

:wave2: :wave2: :wave2: :wave2:
Conny

hydster
03-01-2004, 11:42 AM
Jason...Post Dental drug syndrome is quite a problem with me so you'll have to forgive me. I have TERRIBLE teeth and high dental anxiety so they give me tons of drugs to counteract the hyperventilation and freaking out...I think this time they overdid it a little bit. Ryan and I are crazy in the right situation...and very subdued and quiet in other situations. A few sips of alcohol and watch out we get nutty (or dental drugs).

Alice--I WANT YOUR WEATHER! We shoveled about 20 inches of snow this weekend in 2 10 inch sessions so to be in the 60's would be awesome! I figure about the time we leave to go on this trip things will start getting semi decent around here. I shouldnt complain after 5 years of drought but man I am SO sick of snow!!! I've started my basket of cruise stuff in my closet and I think in the next few weeks will try on the kids summer clothes to see what we need to get in bigger sizes. Gotta get McKaylee over strep throat first, then shop as a reward :D I thankfully do not need to buy a swimsuit for the first time in a long time. I stocked up for our trip to Cancun last year so I should be good. I do however plan on getting some major supplies going as well...mostly stuff for the kids to do on the plane for the 4 hour flight.

Travelinmouse--sounds like a great time to have so many people going with you now. I think the only time I will miss not being with someone else is if we get put with another family at dinner. I just hate the awkwardness of the first night. It usually gets better but Ryan and I are not very good at keeping the conversation going unless we know you and then watch out..we never stop ;)
It sounds like you and the others will have a great time!!! Welcome to the group here!

Conny--I dont know where to tell you to buy it at Disneyworld because I always bring it with me but if you get no ideas on where to buy it perhaps we could plan a time to meet somewhere and I could "stock you up". We buy meclizine (the active ingredient in bonine) and we get a HUGE bottle of it so if you cant find out where to get some let me know...I'm sure we could work something out.

Well off to take care of my strep throat patient and to go snowblow off yet another nice layer of soggy snow!!

Only 60 days...only 60 days...only 60 days!

Heidi

LogansMommy_MD
03-01-2004, 11:44 AM
Sounds like alot of us had the cruise shopping bug over the weekend! Include me - I picked up some inexpensive shorts outfits for DS and sandals for us both, as well as a beach hat for me! I don't think I have too much left to BUY, except my bathing suit, and little stuff, like Bonine, disposable cameras, overdoor shoe holder, etc. I, like others, want to wait until I can knock off a few more pounds before I buy a suit! I had ordered a new luggage set too last week and that came in!! Woohoo! Ours were pretty ratty too!

Conny - I imagine you could pick up Bonine at the airport! or any drugstore on your way to WDW (you're renting a car right?) Its pretty easy to find at any CVS or RiteAid or anythingn like that I imagine!

Travelin mouse - welcome on "board"! Sounds like you've got a full house!

Well, beautiful week here in MD that they're calling for - mid 60's!!

Cya'll soon!

bobbidiboo
03-01-2004, 11:50 AM
Hi Connie:wave2:

My DH and I were at Disney in Dec. and we spent a lot of time visiting every Resort (All Decorated Beautifully for Christmas) so we stopped in all the resort stores to check them out, they all have very limited items(and VERY EXPENSIVE) and I don't remember seeing Bonine. Maybe if you ask they could get you some, but how are you getting to WDW? If you have one of the company's that shuttle you in their town cars most of them will make a grocery stop for you, you have to ask them prior to going. If you are renting a car than there is a grocery store at the Crossroads, Goodings , it is right across the street from DownTown , or there is a WinnDixie (less expensive than Goodings) about 4 miles from WDW entrance just take a left when leaving WDW. Of course there is always a Taxi (Also Expensive). Maybe you could also check the stores at the airport.

Conny my DH would never be without his Bonine he finds it works much better than Dramamine this tends to make him sleepy. He always takes the Bonine when he goes to bed that way it last all through the next day and does a great job without being sleepy!

DisneyMagicTravis
03-01-2004, 04:59 PM

Conny - I imagine you could pick up Bonine at the airport! or any drugstore on your way to WDW (you're renting a car right?) Its pretty easy to find at any CVS or RiteAid or anythingn like that I imagine!

Or here in Florida, an Eckerd, well, for the time being....

Alice Sr.
03-01-2004, 06:38 PM
travelin' mouse - you sure do know how to draw a crowd (or throw a party) :) glad you checked in, hope we get to meet you on board.

Hi Conny - I'm pretty sure they do not have Bonine at any of the little stores in WDW so try Eckerds or any pharmacy you run across. That's soo funny about arriving in NY without undies and socks. If that happens in WDW you're going to be stuck with Mickey, Minnie and Dopey undies and socks:teeth:

Well talk to you all later.
Alice

dthogue
03-01-2004, 09:40 PM
travelin'mouse - welcome onboard, sounds like you have quite a group cruising. What are the ages of the children in your party?

Heidi - 20 inches of snow - yuck! We have been blessed with temps in the low 60's the last several days. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for no more of that nasty four letter word.

I know what you mean about table mates. We are also a family of five and are keeping our fingers crossed for our own table or at least a family with children w/ similiar ages. I'm not good at small talk, but my husband does ok, so it will be up to him to keep the conversation going. Are you on early or late seating?

Our cruise packing is well underway as well. My girls have their clothes all picked out and their swimsuits still fit from last year. Still need to pick up misc things in the next several weeks.

Who is calling tomorrow to book their excursions? Anyone planning on parasailing on Castaway Cay?

Tammy
princess:

DisneyMagicTravis
03-01-2004, 10:21 PM
By the way, I just thought I would say "hello." :wave: I'm Travis, the other half of "************" I mostly do the reading here, but as it gets closer I get more excited and chat too. :D

Alice Sr.
03-01-2004, 11:15 PM
Hi Travis - it seems like we are all getting really excited. The anticipation does get the best of me sometimes. I look at my countdown clock and think it got stuck when I wasn't looking at it.
I think I'm just going to count weekends instead of days. There are too many days left but only 8 weekends. Does that sound better:confused:

Hi Tammy - after much deliberation we have decided the excursions are out. We are still going to go to St. John and Anguilla but on our own. I think we will save money and be more relaxed.

Ok see you in 8 weekends but talk to you sooner.

Alice

LogansMommy_MD
03-02-2004, 09:10 AM
Hi Travis! I definetly concur!! I'm way too excited!!!

Tammy - I'm going to email or fax my excursion (one and only - the Sea and See in St. Martin) today... Yippee!!!

Alice - Yes, counting weekends sounds a WHOLE lot quicker!!!

Cya'll soon! :wave2:

Tracey

terihammond
03-02-2004, 04:36 PM
we are also cruising may 1st - our first cruise. we have 3 children as well but only two are going with us. we have a son who's 8 and a daughter who's 5 then we have a 7 month old who will be staying home w/ grandma and grandpa. we are so excited!!!

LogansMommy_MD
03-02-2004, 04:48 PM
You'll find there are a great bunch of people joining us on the May 1 Eastern!!!

ThreeCircles
03-02-2004, 05:35 PM
Hello and welcome Teri!

I noticed you're from Springfield, IL! That's my home town. Have lived in Tampa Bay for about 18 years now but Illinois is still "home."

Look forward to getting to know you over the next two months and sailing with you on the Disney Magic!

Jason

ThreeCircles
03-02-2004, 05:43 PM
Originally posted by DisneyMagicTravis
By the way, I just thought I would say "hello." :wave: I'm Travis, the other half of "************" I mostly do the reading here, but as it gets closer I get more excited and chat too. :D

He's a lurker...

http://www.computerpannen.com/cwm/contrib/blackeye/SHOCKED.gif

Alice Sr.
03-02-2004, 06:43 PM
Welcome to the DIS terihammond, and the May 1st sailing! Have you told your children yet? I'm leaving one DD home also:( the little stink doesn't want to go. Go Illini.

Hey Travis, I'm pretty much a lurker too. I joined the DIS 4 yrs. ago and only have 450 posts, and it's not because I'm not checking out the site. They should keep track of hours signed on I would probably beat the heck out of everyone.

See you all later,
Alice

dthogue
03-02-2004, 08:07 PM
Welcome Terihammond - so glad to hear that there is another little girl on board. I also have a DD who is 5. We have several little boys around that age.

Still looking for girls age 14 and 12 to correspond with my DD's prior to the cruise.

Still enjoting the beautiful weather here - it was almost 70 today - almost tropical :smooth:

Tammy
princess:

conny264
03-03-2004, 08:30 AM
Hello everyone and welcome Terihammond.

Thanks to all your good tips about bying Bonine.I will try at the Airport first,but since we do have a rental car,we will go to Crossroads prior to the cruise to buy some drinks and Iīll check there to.Otherwise I will have to look for Heide and beg her for some.

You guys with all your shopping and packing storys got me inspired,I went through my old clost and found two jeans and cut them to capris.

Travis -nice to hear from you,donīt let Jason mock you.My sister is doing the exact same thing,reads from time to time and let me do all the work.

Lots of greetings from a now suddenly cold Germany
Conny

:wave2: :wave2: :wave2:

ThreeCircles
03-03-2004, 01:25 PM
Sooooo....

Did everyone make a rush on booking their excursions?

hydster
03-03-2004, 03:30 PM
Not us on excursion rushing....we cant seem to agree on what we want to do. Tonight is our official Weekly Disney Meeting with the kids (basically a reason to go out to dinner for me :p ) so I told them if we dont figure it out tonight we arent doing squat.

I have NO idea what good excursions would be with my aged kids so I keep going back and forth. After the terribly disappointing Nassau glass bottom boat tour I"m a little leary of booking anything remotely related to anything like a glass bottom boat. I wish I could leave the kids on board and go on a 2 tank dive in St. Maarten but I could NEVER EVER do it. I think that (wanting to do diving) and the eating situation of not wanting to be put with anyone else are the only 2 reasons on the face of the planet why I would want my mil to go.

I gotta figure something out very soon though!
Heidi

LogansMommy_MD
03-03-2004, 04:34 PM
Booked our one and only excursion yesterday via fax! Thats one less thing I have to worry about!

High 60s and sunny here today in MD... but definetly dreaming of 80+ degree weather in 8+ weeks!!

L8r!

bobbidiboo
03-03-2004, 04:53 PM
Well, Jason not sure if you call it a rush but I did fax it in and than realized I didn't set the fax machine to make a copy of it for me so I got nervous and started thinking some "What If's" Like it didn't go through, or I sent it to the wrong #, so I sent them another one! Soo... Disney is probably rolling their eyes thinking here's another Disney nut trying to get her excursions in!!

I signed up for the Dolphin excursion at St. Maarten and the Eco- Hike on St. John's. We also would like to do the Paradise Point Tramway after we get done the Eco-Hike. Your picture of that yummy looking drink is calling us!!

Hey Heidi, an Official Weekly Disney Meet, now that sounds great, since my kids are grown and gone I guess I have to make DH do this. (I too love any reason to go out to dinner!)

Welcome Terri, now make sure you have lots and lots of pics of your little one with you, we will all want to see them!! I'm sure grandma/grandpa are going to spoil, spoil, spoil::yes::

:wave2: Travis, well we are all getting more excited so look forward to :chat: *** with you.

Alice you say you are doing Anguilla on your own? are you going to do the Dolphin encounter? If so what time will you be going or are you just going with the flow:goodvibes of the day.

dthogue
03-03-2004, 06:33 PM
Hi Travis - glad to see you posting.

We booked the Golden Eagle Catamaran for St. Martin and parasailing for Castaway Cay. We couldn't decide on anything for St. Thomas so I think we'll do Coki Beach on our own.

Just returned from my weekly trip to Walmart - picking up cruise items a little each week, less taxing on the checkbook that way.

Tammy
princess:

DisneyMagicTravis
03-03-2004, 07:08 PM
Hello again! Yes, I'm very excited!! You can't help it, it's too exciting knowing it's so soon. I'm sure ready for a vacation again on the magic. I prefer to think of it as my second home! I can't wait for the beautiful ship, and all the food, and plenty of champagne! :crazy: I was just commenting to someone at work today how quick this week has gone, it will be here before we know it. Anyway, talk to you all soon. Take care.

Travis

ThreeCircles
03-03-2004, 10:06 PM
Originally posted by bobbidiboo
Well, Jason not sure if you call it a rush but I did fax it in and than realized I didn't set the fax machine to make a copy of it for me so I got nervous and started thinking some "What If's" Like it didn't go through, or I sent it to the wrong #, so I sent them another one! Soo... Disney is probably rolling their eyes thinking here's another Disney nut trying to get her excursions in!!

Well, at least we know you'll get your spot on the excursion! Better safe than sorry. ::yes::

We're still considering the Eco-Hike so we may end up joining you. Just have to decide for once and all but that's usually not an easy thing for us to do. :)

As for the Bushwhacker, um-hm, looks good to me too. Just don't mention the name around Heidi! :jester:

OK everyone, I found something a little more creative than my regular highway sign numbers:

Hold on to your hats... :)

http://www.chemicalelements.com/bohr/b0058.gif

Anyone care to guess how this represents our cruise countdown?

bobbidiboo
03-04-2004, 08:03 AM
OK Jason I give up:confused: just what are the little circles inside the Big one? The only thing I get is the 58:) in the middle of a target.

ThreeCircles
03-04-2004, 08:10 AM
Well, you're really on the right track Brenda!

The picture represents the atomic structure of the element Cerium. That element is element #58 on the Periodic Table!

The little circles actually represent electrons, of which Cerium has 58.

I know, I know, pretty corny, huh? :crazy:

conny264
03-04-2004, 08:56 AM
Jason:Oh my god.I thought I had chemistry way behind me.
If Alice and you two go on the St.John Eco tour we will have to set a time to meet at Paradise Point for Cocktails(wonīt mention the name,heidi).Silke and I are going to spend the day walking around Charlotte Amalie and then will go to the paradise point later in the day.
But I guess,weīll figure out a date onboard.
Conny:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

hydster
03-04-2004, 12:28 PM
Oh my...I thought I was way too old to know what that chemistry symbol was but alas I'm smarter than I thought I was! LOL

Pretty cool that you figured that out Jason!!!

I promise I will keep my comments in check about certain alcoholic beverages or anything pertaining to them!! You can talk about them when I'm around...I'll just bite my lip (or in this case duct tape my fingers to something that isnt a keyboard until the urge passes) and I'll be good I swear!!

We booked our excursion last night after our family meeting and have decided to just go to Orient Beach in St. Maarten and get there by taxi on our own and then in St. Thomas we've decided we are going to do the Doubloon Sail and Snorkel. It came down to that because #1 the Doubloon is a Pirate ship and my 3 kids are really into pirates right now and #2 it was cheap enough that the 5 of us can go and it will only cost us $6.00 with the Dreams Unlimited Stateroom Credit.

Off to shovel yet MORE WICKED SNOW! Got about 3 more inches today making our total from last Saturday about 21 inches of snow! I really need the warmth of the Caribbean or to live where Alice lives!:sunny: :sunny:

Heidi

ScrapHappyMama
03-04-2004, 01:45 PM
Hi all, thought I would check in quickly, just to let you know I was still here! Been keeping up with reading, just no time to type.

We thought we had made up our mind regarding excursions, but now we are thinking we may just not do any excursions. I will be traveling with a dh who prefers not to be on a schedule, a 6 y/o ds who gets tired quickly, a 3 y/o dd who has an occasional and inexplicable tendancy to become Mr. Hyde, and my mom who can have some heat tolerance problems, so we are thinking it might be best to stay on our own, figuring if everyone is doing great we can grab a cab and go, but if not, we can always just stay near the ship, enjoy the local shopping and sights, then spend some relaxing time on the less crowded ship. the kids are really looking forward to the Mickey pool, so I think it would be good for them to get some time in it where it isn't so crowded.

We got the new DVD the other day, and the kids (okay, parents too) have been having a blast checking everything out. There are some great pictures on there.

Can you believe it is less than 60 days now??????

Have a great day,
Linda

hydster
03-04-2004, 01:55 PM
Welcome back ScrapHappyMama!

I think you are very wise to not book an excursion based on what you wrote in your post! We only booked 1 for that reason. Our kids are a little older than yours so we went for it but have decided to do only that one thing..the rest of the time is ours to do whatever we want. I hate being on a schedule on vacation as well which is why I FINALLY convinced Ryan to just do 1 this time. Our last cruise with DCL we did a scuba dive in Nassau (just he and I) then came back and went with the inlaws and kids to the glass bottom boat tour. Freeport we did the Dolphin Encounter and CC we did biking and floats in the rain! We dont want to be tied down very much as well and figure at least if we decide to not go we are technically only out $6.00 because of the stateroom credit although I'd rather drink froo froo drinks instead of losing it. I guess we'll see how they do on a 7 day with only 1 excursion. In the past we havent done one at all with them just kind of known the places we could go if we wanted to...the last DCL was hard on all of us but then it was a 4 day cruise as well which didnt help having a stop and excursion every single day!

I should have sent for the new dvd but I didnt!:rolleyes:

Sounds neat to watch though!! I cant believe we are almost out of the 50 day mark...and I cant believe my trip is paid in full! I was looking at our cruise on DCL website and it still has cabins available which is a good sign I guess although the rate went up 2200.00 from when we booked til now! YIKES!

Well off to preschool and the doctor with my 10 year old..she's had strep throat all week and she isnt getting any better with this round of antibiotics so we're off to get more!!

Heidi

ScrapHappyMama
03-04-2004, 02:03 PM
Heidi,
It only took two weeks for the DVD to come, so I would say go ahead and order it! You should get it in plenty of time to enjoy it. there is a lot more stuff on it that the video, so I think it is worth it.
Oh, and please please please, KEEP THE SNOW!!! We have finally gotten rid of most of the two feet of snow that we had on the ground, and it is so nice to be able to see the grass, even if it is brown, lol
Linda

hydster
03-04-2004, 02:12 PM
Linda...

I just ordered it so hopefully it will come soon!!!!

As for the snow...I'm heading it East out of here! Since December 26th we've had on our front lawn about 46 inches of snow...that's 2 inches short of 4 feet! Havent seen the grass since 3 days before Christmas when it skiffed some snow on the grass! I am SO sick of salt and snow and cold and coats and everything associated with winter!! How about if I dont send you the snow BUT you send me some of your nice weather???:sunny: :sunny:

Heidi

Off to salt the icy driveway yet again and bracing for yet more snow this afternoon! Thank GOD for SUV's!

ScrapHappyMama
03-04-2004, 02:20 PM
Well, I didn't mean to give you the impression we were having NICE weather.... it is 40's and rainy, which has caused the snow to melt, but still not what I would call nice. The bad thing is that historically in Iowa, we almost always have a big snow in March, or sometimes even in early April, so we may not be done with it yet. :mad:

Linda

DisneyMagicTravis
03-04-2004, 05:56 PM
It's a beautiful 80 degrees right now.... I love it, it's really starting to feel like cruising weather!!!

Alice Sr.
03-04-2004, 07:39 PM
All right now Travis keep that up and we are going to have to send you back to Lurkerville;)

ThreeCircles
03-04-2004, 09:47 PM
OK...

Here's the daily riddle!

http://www.rafaz57chevyclub.homestead.com/files/Ollies_57pics01_sm.jpg

hydster
03-04-2004, 11:25 PM
56 belair or 57 chevy

ThreeCircles
03-05-2004, 07:51 AM
Well, I hope it's a 57 Chevy as that was my intent! :)

Looks like you're two for two Heidi!