PDA

View Full Version : Why so little Nemo merchandise in the parks?

*123JOANNA123*
09-24-2003, 11:30 AM
I was just wondering if anyone knows why there was a dearth of Nemo stuff at WDW this summer?

We visited in August and all I saw were a few Nemo pins and one Dory plush. It's possible I wasn't looking in the right places, but I found it unusual that the place wasn't awash with the stuff.

TiggerFreak
09-24-2003, 01:05 PM
Maybe it's because they put ALL the Nemo stuff on the shelves of your local Disney Store;)

mickeyminnie
09-24-2003, 08:48 PM
a Gill stuffy? I have a friend whose daughter always likes the dark characters best and would love to find a gill stuffy for her. She checked the Michigan Avenue Disney Store in Chicago and said there was every other character including the little octopus who frankly doesn't have a starring role, but no Gill. So did they exist, is ebay the last resort?

*123JOANNA123*
09-25-2003, 04:26 AM
Nemo is only being launched here in Europe next month- there's nothing Nemo at all in Disneystore.co.uk, but there will be when the movie is released. I think there's a good chance that there will be plushes of all the characters when it is. Keep an eye on that site and you might have some luck. Otherwise, I'll let you know if I see any in the stores over here.

Could it be that all the merchandise is sold out? We visited a Disney character outlet (in Naples) and they were selling the talking Nemos and the nightlight Nemos. I spoke to one of the staff and she said they had gotten a consignment of Nemo stuff in, but that it all sold out within a couple of days.

I also wonder if it has anything to do with the Pixar contract renewal?

PatMcDuck
09-25-2003, 08:50 AM
More Nemo on the way for the holidays, we are being told in the Disneystores....... (toys)

Mickey527
09-25-2003, 04:10 PM
I agree there is not enough Nemo stuff in WDW.
I have a friend who was looking for Nemo stuff this past weekend for his nephew who is in love with Nemo. All he could find were pins, there were no plushes around. I did see the talking Nemo plush in the outlet but he didn't want that, he wanted a few of the little poly figures.
You would think that since Nemo is the highest grossing film of the summer they would have more stuff to sell to the little kiddies that have seen the movie.

barbeml
09-25-2003, 05:01 PM
Hey Tigger Lover...

Love the monument in your signature...is that the one near Odyssey? My DH is a Prof. Surveyor and we visit that thing every trip.

I was hoping for tons of Nemo stuff! All I have is my little Nemo plush. I want pins and magnets! What are they thinking!