PDA

View Full Version : Palo Evening meal on 7 day eastern

Aaron
09-22-2003, 11:40 AM
Our first 7 day cruise (we've been on 4 and 3 day cruises) is coming up in November. I think I've got a handle on when to book Palos for the brunch and tea. However I'm not sure about the evening meal. On the four day we always did the last night. On the seven day I'm not sure what all to consider. I've heard there are formal/semi-formal nights that may or may not have special menus only available that night. Can someone give me some tips on booking Palo dinner?

alexandrew
09-22-2003, 12:22 PM
I would still consider booking Palo on last night....from what I remember, there is no special menu on Friday night

Favorite Auntie
09-22-2003, 02:12 PM
We ate at Palo on the last night of our Eastern cruise and it was the perfect ending to a MAGICal week. I would think about doing that again....

abitjaded
09-22-2003, 05:37 PM
If you see all the movies at other times, say at home before you depart, I would suggest Tropical night. Book during your show time, then you could even double dip your regular restaurant and do Palo during the movie. The Tropical deck party does not start until later. You won't miss one of the stage shows that way, just the movie. You'll see the lights of St Maarten from Palo. Here is another cruiser's great chart to help plan:

http://community.webshots.com/photo/52061656/70619159vOgOUi

Carla

allshookup
09-22-2003, 08:59 PM
Well everybody has their own opinions about when to eat at Palo but for us it will be semi-formal night on our next cruise. DH did not like having to wear a suit 3 nights of the cruise & he was not thrilled with the semi-formal dinner which consisted mainly of seafood.

hilltopfamily
09-22-2003, 09:33 PM
well, I goofed up and booked ours for Thursday nite on the Eastern when we went in July. What was I thinking?? This is semi-formal nite and lobster is served! No way I wanted to miss eating lobster with my kids! They were so looking forward to it and I knew I could not handle "double dipping".

Well, I was lucky enough to figure it out early and got our ressies changed to the last night of the cruise. This worked best for us. In retrospect, Wed. nite would have worked well also because, if I remember correctly, the menu wasn't all that much to my liking that night.

Aaron
09-23-2003, 08:27 AM
Thanks everyone for the great tips - the chart is very helpful as well in understanding the 7 day.