PDA

View Full Version : 3 Weeks till our first Disney Cruise!!

tevagirl
09-21-2003, 02:38 PM
Hi! I have been a reader of this board for over one year now. I have actually become addicted to it! Although we are WDW veterans this is our first ever cruise and I am so excited I can't even stand myself! We will be on the 7 night Western sailing on October 11. I have gotten so many great tips and ideas from all of you and I can't wait to put them to use! I just wanted to say thank you to everyone, you have helped us get through this past year of waiting and planning. I hope I get to meet some of you on the ship!

RellingTwin
09-21-2003, 03:40 PM
TevaGirl, there are A BUNCH of Dis'ers on the same cruise.About 130 at last count. We have had a thread going for more then a year! We will be on deck 10 oveerlooking the Goofy Pool during the sail away party. Stop by and say hello!
We will also be at the Radisson on Friday before we sail. If your plans include a pre-cruise stay there look for us at the pool on Friday night.

Verandah Man
09-21-2003, 03:40 PM
Well, what took you so long to post??? I remember those last few weeks leading up to our first cruise just last month, I feel your excitement. Truly one of the best things I did was getting in touch with other DIS'ers before our cruise. It seemed as though I already had a gang of friends to meet on the ship(actually it started at the Radisson the night before, and in the DCL Terminal), but you get my point. I would suggest that you join in on the Oct. 11 thread and introduce yourself to the other DIS'ers that will be sailing with you. Also join in a DISmeet, we ran into so many DIS'ers on the ship during our cruise. It was like seeing old friends all week long!!!

tevagirl
09-21-2003, 04:35 PM
Thanks for the welcome! I took your advice and posted on the October 11 thread. I never intended to post anything (I am a little shy) but I guess you could say my excitement over powered my shyness and you all sound like such fun people that I didn't want to miss a chance to meet some of you! Hope I get to do that....Denise.

Verandah Man
09-21-2003, 04:55 PM
Originally posted by tevagirl
Thanks for the welcome! I took your advice and posted on the October 11 thread. I never intended to post anything (I am a little shy) but I guess you could say my excitement over powered my shyness and you all sound like such fun people that I didn't want to miss a chance to meet some of you! Hope I get to do that....Denise.

You might not belive this, but in person, I am on the shy side myself.

WDWLVR
09-21-2003, 05:47 PM
Denise,

Welcome to the DIS. Glad you finally decided to post. By all means get to know those you are cruising with. It is such fun to run into DIS friends on the cruise. Our last two cruises we've gone to the DIS meets (actually helped organize the one on our Feb. cruise) and it was such a nice feeling to run into friendly faces both on the ship and at the ports.

Once your cruise is over we hope you will stay, post a trip report, and help other new cruisers. Of course the best reason to stay will be if you book a 2nd cruise - careful they are addicting!

Hygiene99
09-21-2003, 05:51 PM
Im shy to just ask anyone

welcome.....
and see u on the cruise

oh yeah i love my teva's hopefully

i will get new pair for the cruise other kinda beat....

peter

LisaGoeke
09-21-2003, 08:04 PM
Hello and glad to see you posted on the October 11 thread. DH and I are also very shy, but I think the excitement overpowered me because I can't stay away from these boards. Less than three weeks to go! :bounce: