PDA

View Full Version : Happy Hour On The 9/20 Magic

shoes99
09-20-2003, 08:14 PM
I am sending this from Happy Hour at the Internet Cafe. The Magic is beautiful. We last sailed her in 1999.
Well Isabel chaned our travel plans twice, we finally flew out of Newark on Thursday 9AM. Flight was full and uneventful.
We arrived in Orlando around 12:30PM and had a nice day at WDW with family who were also flying down the same day from Atlantic City for the pin event.
We stayed off site, then on Friday drove to the port and stayed at the Radisson. We had a king suite. Very nice.
Budget was ok on the rental at McCoy but a little slow at Port Canaveral. We stayed budget because we got a good deal on a full size car.
We are part of the Pink Ribbon Cruise Group and we are having a blast.
Michele & Milton

floridaminnie
09-20-2003, 08:17 PM
Glad your having a great time and thanks for "popping" in! :jester:

Verandah Man
09-20-2003, 10:06 PM
Thanks for sharing!!!

jlawall
09-20-2003, 10:18 PM
Wow! We haven't had a live report in weeks! Thx so much for sharing. This is the last cruise before dry dock isn't it? Best wishes for beautiful, uneventful weather!!!

Mjasp
09-21-2003, 12:27 AM
Have a great time. Wish I was there.

Joanna

Dreamer04
09-21-2003, 12:37 AM
Enjoy!

Incharge
09-21-2003, 01:13 AM
shoes99... I am so glad that you are enjoying your first day. May you have beautiful days ahead. I said a special prayer for all those aboard who have gone through, or have known someone close that have gone through breast cancer. I am so very interested in this cruise. Please give us details when you can. As a Breast Cancer Survivor myself, this was one cruise I really wanted to go on. I am interested in the exciting events that are planned this week. I was not able to get away on these dates of this trip. Maybe I will be able to go on their next. I hope so.

jlawall
09-22-2003, 11:44 PM
bump

shoes99
09-30-2003, 11:18 PM
Just got back tonight. We spent 3 nights at the AKL post cruise. The pink ribbon group was small but powerful. We had one "share your experiences" session, one cocktail party, one trivia and games session. The atmosphere was happy and fun. Avon sent us lots of gifts.
We ate at the late seating LAPLAPL. This was perfect for us, and we were at a table for 4 with a young lady from Wyoming who brought her 82 yo MIL who is a 17 year survivor. At the next table was Deb Wills a 14+ years survivor and several other of Debs support group from MD. We had a blast.

figment52
10-01-2003, 09:10 AM
Originally posted by shoes99
Just got back tonight. We spent 3 nights at the AKL post cruise. The pink ribbon group was small but powerful. We had one "share your experiences" session, one cocktail party, one trivia and games session. The atmosphere was happy and fun. Avon sent us lots of gifts.
We ate at the late seating LAPLAPL. This was perfect for us, and we were at a table for 4 with a young lady from Wyoming who brought her 82 yo MIL who is a 17 year survivor. At the next table was Deb Wills a 14+ years survivor and several other of Debs support group from MD. We had a blast.

I wanted to add that the crew was great. At bingo one day the young man co-hosting it came over to our group of PRC and asked if we were taking donations and made an announcement that we were on board. We received acknowledgement a couple other times as well. Chuck Wagner did the same thing at his session. There was even a young lady from England that wanted to know more about our group and work on a joint US/UK fund raiser. Everyone on board was just great.

I ended up at both dinner seatings throughtout the week (LAPLAPL- and only once was it the same night) and met most of the people in our group that way.

Incharge
10-01-2003, 12:35 PM
Thank you both for the info. It sounds like fun. Have they made plans for next year? thanks.

figment52
10-01-2003, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by Incharge
Thank you both for the info. It sounds like fun. Have they made plans for next year? thanks.

Contact Beth Foss at pinkribboncruises.com. (or via Deb Wills' site). We talked about a lot of possibilities for the next two year's including Alaska.

Sandy

jlawall
10-02-2003, 12:05 AM
Sounds really special...WTG....who was your Bingo guy?

figment52
10-02-2003, 07:30 AM
Originally posted by jlawall
Sounds really special...WTG....who was your Bingo guy?

I believe it was Bryant and Ryan, Andrea and Ellen took turns as his assistants

shoes99
10-02-2003, 11:18 AM
Bingo was fun. Of the 35 people in our Pink Ribbon cruise group, 3 people won at BINGO. DH won $183, Kelly won $400+ and someone else won the diamond tennis bracelet coupon ( pick up at St. Thomas).

jlawall
10-02-2003, 10:26 PM
I guess Andy and Que left?! Oh well, I'm sure no matter who DCL trains does a super job!!!