PDA

View Full Version : January 24, 2004 Cruisers - Are you out there???

Pages : [1] 2 3

TheGlensideGregorys
09-19-2003, 03:45 PM
Myself, DW, and DS (4) are booked for the Jan. 24 Eastern. Any other cruisers out there?

After dodging Isabel, but taking a direct hit from a burst pipe (kitchen was so full of water, I thought I would have seen the ship go by...), I am MORE than ready to sail!

SO who else will be making for a MAGICal journey in January???:bounce:

pjpoohbear
09-20-2003, 12:15 AM
There is a thread somewhere, way down the forum. It has not been overly active, but there are maybe a half dozen groups/families from the DIS travelling on the magic that week.

I will have my lime green mickey head tag on, so look for me and my mother, we will be hitting topsiders for that wonderful shrimp. LOL.

Welcome, to the cruise of the year, lol. Maybe we can get some action going on this thread.

Getting close to the double digit, :Pinkbounc

PjPoohbear

Suecot2000
09-20-2003, 09:03 AM
I will be sailing on the Janurary 24 Eastern also. I just made plans and committed to it just a few weeks ago. I haven't added a countdown clock for this cruise yet. (Can't figure out how to get rid of the old one...LOL). Have a ressie for the Radisson at the Port the night before sailing.

I'm traveling with a large group on NON-DISERS (imagine that). But hoping to have a wonderful time just the same.

Minybear
09-20-2003, 10:23 AM
Here is the other thread: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=379491

We are going. We booked while on board. Its just the 2 of us.

Minybear

mariamard
09-20-2003, 04:29 PM
WE ARE WITH YOU!!! I WAS JUST GOING TO START A THREAD......WE WILL BE DOWN THERE A FEW DAYS EARLY ....AT WDW CARRIBEAN BEACH. IT WILL BE ME31, DH 29, DD13,DD4,DD7WEEKS, DMIL 51. CANT WAIT!!! OH MY GOD... THE CRUISE IS ONLY 4 MONTHS AWAY!!! IS IT TOO SOON TO START PACKING?;) TO BE HONEST, WE ALREADY STARTED TO PUT SUMMER ITEMS IN OUR SUITCASES:p

disneylover5
09-20-2003, 05:16 PM
We are in this party too!! There are 10 of us and we have 3 cabins on deck 2. My best friend and her family are travelling with us. We have 1 ds and 2 dd...they have 3ds. We have done 2 sailings of 4 days and this will be our first 7 day cruise.

Can someone tell me what the biggest difference between the 4 day and 7 day is...except the obvious!! I would love to know what to expect!

TheGlensideGregorys
09-21-2003, 05:53 PM
Wow! I had looked for a thread, but I guess I didn't go back far enough. We just booked this within the last 2 weeks, and it is our first DCL crusie, and only our 2nd cruise. For DS, it's a first, and he is very excited!

Disneylover-- we are on deck 2 as well (unless the we are lucky enough for an upgrade)! I'm a new DISer, so I hope to be able to meet and say "hi" to you all!

We are staying at the Raddison the night before... anybody else confirmed for that?

BuzzBoyMom
09-22-2003, 07:13 AM
I was beginning to wonder why there was no thread for our cruise! I've been counting down for over a year.

Hey "TheGlensideGregorys" - we're with ya! We're from Camp Hill PA, we have a DS4 and we're staying at the Radisson the night before! Maybe we can hook up and our boys can entertain each other. We also have a DS who will be 6 when we cruise.

Can't wait!!!

mariamard
09-22-2003, 01:19 PM
WE HAD RESSIES FOR THE RADISSIN FOR TWO NIGHTS BEFORE SAILING AND WE THOUGHT THAT SINCE WE ARE DOWN THERE, LETS GO TO WDW!!! WE HAVE GREAT RATES FOR C. BEACH A.D SINCE WE RENTED A CAR (FROM AVIS) WE WOULD DRIVE TO THE CAPE AND DRPO OFF. DOES ANYONE KNOW WHERE THE NEW DROP OFF FOR AVIS IS? I READ A WHILE BACK THAT AVIS MOVED THE RENTAL DESK.... :confused:

TiggerPU88
09-22-2003, 01:33 PM
Hi all!

Glad to see this thread come back (Hi BuzzBoyMom!).

We will be there -- me (37), My Mom (63 -- on 1/23!) and DS (28 months). DH doesn't want to cruise -- boo hoo! the rest of us are psyched, though. DS keeps talking about Mickey's boat.

We'll be at the Marriott at the airport the night before. We were planning on taking the bus, but we might switch to a limo so we can get some lactaid millk for DS. They have soy on the ship, but he really likes lactaid better (especially at bedtime).

Can't wait for the double-digit dance -- or the trip DH, DS & I will be making to WDW in !% DAYS!!!

disneylover5
09-22-2003, 01:50 PM
Glenside Gregories:

You will not be disappointed with deck 2. This will be our thrid time staying on deck 2 and we have always had a wonderful time. The porthole is large and we found out that all we really were doing was sleeping in the room. We were out running around all the rest of the time. We will have 3 teenage boys with us and I can tell you they will not be caught dead in the room...except to sleep.

Our stateroom #'s are 2530, 2528, 2532.

We are looking forward to a wonderful week. We started talking about what to do on the islands this weekend....

Scratch42
09-22-2003, 08:07 PM
Gonna be celebrating DD's 12th Birthday! and hopefully this time no "Attack of the Tube Steak"!

This will be our first 7 day and will be meeting up with Minybear and her Hubby with whom we met last year!

Luckily Dramamine is no longer a prescription drug in Canada!

Can hardly wait! Hopefully this time I will make it to Palo!

See ya real soon!

Scratch
:smooth:

BuzzBoyMom
09-24-2003, 07:39 AM
Can anyone suggest good excursions for small kids. Seems that most of them are more appropriate for older kids (6 and up).
Thanks

pjpoohbear
09-24-2003, 09:42 AM
Is anyone interested in a group palo's Tea or Brunch

Best Day?

Event?

Time?

Please PM me!!!!!!!

Minybear
09-24-2003, 09:49 AM
Hi everyone

I just paid for airline and paid off our cruise for January and I got this in from DU. Am I the last to know about this?

"As per Disney Cruise Lines new policy, you are eligible to prebook shore excursions on your upcoming Disney Cruise Vacation 60 days prior to sail date!!!"

Ok do we start booking excursions 11/24th?:confused:

Minybear

pjpoohbear
09-24-2003, 02:14 PM
MinyBear

Our 60 day mark should be November 25th the same as our last payment date.

Pesky December has a extra day, lol.

What is everyone thinking about for tours?

We are looking at possibly doing;
Under two flags in St. Maarten/St. Martin &
St. Thomas Island tour in St. Thomas, I also hope to take trip up the Tramway.

Mom can't do anything with much activity so some nice bus rides should do us well.

the4nitz's
10-16-2003, 11:51 AM
We are booked on the Magic Jan 24, 04 in room 6058. Along will be DW, & two DD's 4 and 1. We are arriving Friday night and staying at the Holiday Inn Express just down the road. This is our very first cruise and can't wait. :sunny: :sunny: :sunny:

BuzzBoyMom
10-16-2003, 12:03 PM
I don't think our thread is very busy....there's got to be more of us out there!!

TiggerPU88
10-16-2003, 12:11 PM
Hello 1/24 cruisers!!!

We are fewer than 100 days out! Hooray!!! Hooray!!!

We just returned from WDW and after having a wonderful experience with our limo driver, are now considering taking a car to the port on Saturday morning. (We'll probably be staying at the Airport Marriott.) The driver has two cars -- one that would fit the three of us and one that would fit 10. So, naturally, I thought of my fellow DISBoard people! Does anyone want to share a stretch limo from MCO to the Port, leaving at about 9:00 a.m.?

TheGlensideGregorys
10-16-2003, 12:25 PM
Nice to see this thread back - especially w/in the 100 day mark! Can't wait to get those excursion books, etc. And really start planning. Fellow Cruisers - we're coming in to FL on 1/23, staying in PC at the Radisson. I know BuzzBoyMom is donit the same - what about the rest of you? When and Where are you coming in??[/COLOR]

disneylover5
10-16-2003, 12:31 PM
We are leaving DC Friday at noon. We are driving ...10 of us....2 cars. We have 3 elementary and 3 teenagers and although school is closed two days the next week....the kids can not miss anymore school...especially the high schoolers. We will drive at least to SC and finish up on Sat morning......

I am very excited....

BuzzBoyMom
10-16-2003, 12:35 PM
Hey Disneylover5 - that should be a fun drive. I cannot imagine the excitement bouncing those cars down the street!!!
:Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce:

disneylover5
10-16-2003, 12:40 PM
This is the third time the 10 of us have done this drive. The other times we were on the Wonder so we had till Sunday to get to the port. This makes me a little more nervous having to be there on Sat.

We always have fun on the drive.....both cars have TV's and everyone gets along great. We are very lucky and count our blessings every day!

TheGlensideGregorys
10-16-2003, 01:12 PM
Sounds like a great road trip! Well worth it for a MAGICal ending!

disneylover5
10-17-2003, 05:54 PM
Anyone else out there?

pjpoohbear
10-17-2003, 07:44 PM
Tonight is the night!

I will make my final payment, but I have a question and knowing me, i will get to excited to rememeber to ask it ( that darn disney music).

Can I add on Disney Transerfers after final payment but before final payment due date?

WE are getting into MCO at 10:45 am so we think that transfers might be best, what with luggage transfers included and all.

Penny

mariamard
10-19-2003, 12:06 PM
GLAD THIS IS GOING AGAIN!!!! HOW DO YOU THINK THE WEATHER WILL BE?

Scratch42
10-19-2003, 03:06 PM
Blue Skies
Blue Seas
Calm Seas
80+ Degree weather
and most of all

Plenty of Sunshine!

And may I add,

Good Food, Meeting Old Friends and Making new Friends!

Hey, at least the only white stuff we will be seeing during our cruise will be white sandy beaches!

:rotfl:

Here's to our :boat: in January! :goodvibes :goodvibes

Scratch
pirate:

TheGlensideGregorys
10-19-2003, 03:55 PM
So all you fellow January cruisers.... Any ideas for an informal meet on board? Somenone earlier suggested a brunch, or a tea - nice ideas for ducking out! Perhaps even a lunch while at sea on a given day?

Minybear
10-19-2003, 05:00 PM
Scratch you are so funny.:hyper:

Hoping for GREAT weather:sunny:.

Last year at that time it was in the 50's to the 60's. It warmed up a little bit for CC.

TheGlensideGregorys

How about meeting at the internet cafe :smooth:?

pjpoohbear
10-19-2003, 10:43 PM
If you have had the chance to glance at the lunch menus on the castaway club (http://www.*****************) site, they look pretty good. Lots of space and no reservations needed. ::yes::

Then we can skip over to the internet cafe, maybe for a group e-mail shot that can be posted here, lol. :wave2:

Penny

Scratch42
10-20-2003, 06:07 AM
COVE, then we can try all their specialty coffees!?!

:hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

Scratch

pirate:

Minybear, don't forget, this time we go straight to the Caribbean and further south!LOL It's gotta be warmer!:sunny:

TheGlensideGregorys
10-20-2003, 07:10 AM
Hey Gang! Either idea is nice! Anybody else in/got an idea? (Doesn't have to be a day at sea, but those are the easiest to find some time since we don't have to worry about excursions...)

Kevin

::yes:: :hyper: ::yes::

BuzzBoyMom
10-20-2003, 08:18 AM
We definately need to do a meet. And I agree that a sea day might be best. Saturday will be so busy unless we do it immediately after the drill for a few minutes.

I'm getting so excited.

DBMagic
10-21-2003, 08:37 AM
We will be there, myself, DW(35), 2 DDs (6 & 10). We're also staying at the Radission the night before. Can't wait.

TheGlensideGregorys
10-21-2003, 09:03 AM
Great to have you on board! And we'll see you at the Radisson, too!

dan and scott
10-21-2003, 12:00 PM
Hey guys!

We just got off the Magic this past Saturday and rebooked for January 24th! This will be our 7th cruise.

Any questions on the ship after dry dock please ask away.

Dan

DBMagic
10-21-2003, 12:54 PM
Tell us everything. I was really disappointed that they were taking ESPN out. Is there anything like that now?

dancermom
10-21-2003, 01:51 PM
Very excited to see fellow 1/24 cruisers are out there. My DH and DD 11 and DD 5 will be on the ship. We are staying at the Marriott the night before. This is the third cruise on the magic for the girls and the first for my DH. Can't wait. It will be a great getaway from the PA winter!!!!!

BuzzBoyMom
10-21-2003, 02:01 PM
Welcome Dancermom!!!

Glad to have you on our cruise!!!

We've got a couple things in common - I'm originally from PA, now living in Harrisburg. And I agree about getting out of PA in the winter!!!!

Coach Mayo
10-21-2003, 02:39 PM
Cruising with friends and family on the 24th of January. Getting very excited about the trip. Leaving on the 21st of January and spending some time at magic Kingdom and Epcot. Then heading off on the cruise. Noticed that some of you are from PA. I live in Harrisbug, pretty close the some of you.

TheGlensideGregorys
10-21-2003, 02:41 PM
Great to have you onboard! Well, the ship must be great if you rebooked for so close a date!! As to what I'd like to see - I echo everbody else!! EVERYTHING!! Have there been any changes to staterooms? If you scroll through, you'll see we're all looking to do an informal meet one day on the ship - and several folks are at the Radisson the night before!

Scratch42
10-21-2003, 03:34 PM
dancermom - Is your DD11 gonna be hangin' in the club? My DD11 will be celebrating her 12th birthday on board and will be so pleased that there is someone from the board!

Dan and Scott - What is the coffee like at the Cove? I am so looking forward to having a decent cup! Enquiring minds need to know!LOL:tongue: :wave2:

Anybody staying at the Hyatt besides Minybear and Me?

::yes::

Scratch
pirate:

Minybear
10-21-2003, 03:43 PM
Coffee, coffee, coffee. Did any mention coffee ::yes::? How is the coffee? Good tasting? Any gourmey or cappaccino coffee:tongue:?

Scratch I guess its just you and I at the Hyatt.:sunny: :wave2:

dan and scott
10-21-2003, 11:02 PM
Ok guys here you go!

The changes done to the Magic were in public area-the staterooms were not touched, except for new mattresses and pillows (not sure about linens).

Diversions (replaces Off Beat) is very nice and quite spacious now. They serve a ton of Irish beers now and this is where all sports are shown now. It is a very nice space!

The Stack (replaces ESPN-new Teen area). This place is awesome-this space is so cool and if I were a teen I would live here. They also added internet access here.

Cove Cafe (replace Common Grounds)-this area looks much the same as before but now has 3 porthole windows that overlook the port side of the deck. Also the door has been relocated next to the pool and a side door has been added. As far as the coffee, my group did not like it, but they are just regular coffee drinks. They do have a nice insulated mug for $10 and you get your first cup free!

We love the ships and as someone mention we just got off the ship last week. We also actually sailed the first of September so we will have 3 cruises in less than 5 months! Got to love DVC!

See you soon.

Dan

Scratch42
10-22-2003, 05:51 AM
Dan, if I'm reading this correctly, and forgive me 'cause I've only had one cup of coffee so far, that they are only serving specialty coffees? You cannot get a regular cup of coffee except for that "stuff" they call coffee, or try and pass off as coffee?

AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

:confused:

Scratch
pirate:

DBMagic
10-22-2003, 07:21 AM
DancerMom - My two DD's (6 & 10) would love to make new friends. We'll be staying at the Radission the night before also. Hope to see you there.

dancermom
10-22-2003, 01:12 PM
scratch42 and dbmagic - my dd's would love to meet some new friends. My 11 year old will definately be hanging out in the clubs. She loved being able to sign in and out last time we cruised (July 2002) It made her feel very grown up. I'll have to tell her to look for both of your DD's at the clubs. Maybe we can come up with a way for them to meet earlier in the day. What cabins are you in??? We are in 8080.

dan and scott
10-22-2003, 05:50 PM
The lady/bartender said they only had the fancy european flavored coffee's. I got a vannilla which she watered down to make it more american. I am one who tends to like the "regular" coffee they serve on board. I find it to be mild/smooth tasting, but everytime I got it at dinner on this past cruise it was strong.
The Cove,Stack, Promenade Lounge, and Diversions really are positive changes to the Magic. The "dead spaces" a.k.a. Espn Skybox will be put to better use. Espn Lockeroom's vacated rooms are now the DVC sales offices. I wonder what they are going to do with the radio broadcasting rooms though??

Scott

Scratch42
10-22-2003, 07:35 PM
More than likely my DD will have something "Grumpy" on!LOL

Scott - thanks, I can live with flavoured, strong coffee for a week but not that Nescafe Wannabecoffee!

It's too bad about ESPN but this way it may be used better.

Can hardly wait to see everything, even though it will be the first time on the MAGIC!

Is it January yet?

Scratch
pirate:

pjpoohbear
10-22-2003, 10:35 PM
Will the teens get the chance to do boardcasts, maybe?

That would be such a cool activity for them, maybe a chance to find some new talent for the Disney media division.

What did they do in the past from the boadcast centre, was there events/show played over the public system?

Penny

disneylover5
10-23-2003, 07:28 AM
My teenage boys loved the ESPN box on the Wonder...but did not like the smoke as a result they did not spend as much time there as they otherwise would have.

Which one has the sports now and did they allow smoking there?

DBMagic
10-23-2003, 07:38 AM
We are in 7010.

As this is our DD's first cruise, I'm not sure how they'll take to the clubs. They are both very independant but, of course, may be a little weary about leaving Mom and Dad in a strange place. I'm sure that once they try the clubs and meet new friends that we won't see them until dinner.

dancermom
10-23-2003, 08:13 AM
When went on our first cruise my DD was 2 and was very upset she couldn't go to the club with her sister, on our last cruise she was 3 (almost 4) and couldn't wait to go to the clubs. I was hesitant because she had always been at home with a nanny, but I couldn't get her out. The programming is second to none, and the kids love it. On our last cruise, I was trying to get some time with them. My DD 11 is very excited about the connections I've made with families with girls her age. She feels like she already has built in friends on the ship. Since we are having snow flurries today, January can't come soon enough. By the way we are also at the Hyatt the night before. How does everyone usually get to the ship on cruise day????? And what time do you usually arrive???? We flew in the day of the cruise on our last two, so this will be our first time arriving the day before.

BuzzBoyMom
10-23-2003, 09:17 AM
Dancermom,
A couple of us are at the Radisson and they have a shuttle to the port. We got a rental car so we can do what we want and we'll be dropping off family and luggage at the port and DH will return the car afterwards.

If anyone is at the Radisson, we're gonna be planning a Dismeet sometime that Friday around the pool. Please plan on joining us!!!

mariamard
10-23-2003, 10:36 AM
HEY EVERYONE!!!! I CANT WAIT! ONLY 94 DAYS.........ANYWAY, I WAS WONDERING IF ANYONE HAS A LITTLE 4-5 YEAR ONL SON OR DAUGHTER GOING. MY LITTLE GIRLprincess: IS ASKING WHAT ARE THE LITTLE BOYS AND GIRLS NAMES THAT SHE WILL BE PLAYING WITH IN THE CLUB. ALL SHE TALKS ABOUT IS THE MICKEY BOAT FILLED WITH HER "FRIENDS"::MickeyMo

disneylover5
10-23-2003, 10:40 AM
We have 6 children coming.....the 7 year old is Andrew and the 6 year old is Gretchen.....not sure if they will be in the same club with yours or not....

I do not want to wish my life away....but 94 days seems like forever.

BuzzBoyMom
10-23-2003, 11:02 AM
Mariamard,
I have a DS4 (Adam) and a DS who will be 6 (Eric) . My youngest LOVES little girls!!! He and our neighbor girl, also 4, love to play doctor together! Think I'm gonna be in trouble when we hit those teenage years!
Can't wait to meet you!!

DBMagic
10-23-2003, 11:49 AM
My DD(6) is Brienna. She's loves to play with anyone her age. We will be staying at the Radission and cannot wait to meet you all.

Scratch42
10-23-2003, 12:53 PM
since there is only two of us travelling and I love the fact that they take care of the luggage, and I love going over the bridge and seeing the ship for the first time!

We fly into Orlando the friday before around 2:30 p.m. I am planning on renting a car for the day to go shopping at the Outlet Mall and of course DD11(Tanya), who will turn 12, who acts like 25, wants to go to Jiko's for dinner now!:rolleyes:

She is happy that there are alot of children going this time.

We could meet up for drinks later, 'cause Minybear and her DH will be arriving around 6:30 p.m.

Dancermom what time do you arrive on Friday?

Scratch
pirate:

mariamard
10-23-2003, 01:10 PM
COOL!:smooth: I CANT WAIT TO TELL CIARA(DD 4 1/2) SOME NAMES.... I ALMOST WISH THAT WE WERE STAYING AT RADISSON. WE WERE UNTIL WE DECIDED TO COME ON THE 21 AND WILL BE STAYING AT CAR. BEACH IN WDW FOR A FEW DAYS FIRST.BUZZBOYMOM ,DB MAGIC, DISNEYLOVER5- WE WILL HAVE TO PLAN A DISMEET THAT SAT AFTERNOON OR EVENING TO GET THE LITTLE ONES TOGETHER!!!! IS ANYONE ELSE GOING TO WDW PRE-CRUISE?OH, AND BUZZBOYMOM-I HAD TO LAUGH....:hyper:

TheGlensideGregorys
10-23-2003, 01:34 PM
Our DS will be 4 on Halloween (Connor) will LOVE having other kids to play with! I am sure he'll love the clubs, too! It's great to see that this will not only be "our vacation" but also something that he will get a lot out of on his own (w/out needing Mom and Dad)! Should be a good meet at the Radisson, but also on the ship. We're currently set for cabin 2583!

:earsboy:

TheGlensideGregorys
10-23-2003, 01:36 PM
LOL!!! That really had me laughing!

dancermom
10-23-2003, 02:29 PM
Scratch - we arrive at 11:30 on Friday and were going to rent a car to head to one of the parks for the rest of the day. The family is trying to decide which one.

My DD 11 (Sarah) and DD 5 (Gracie) will love to know the name of some of the other people they will meet on the ship.

All of this talk about the cruise and I'm getting more and more excited. My DH isn't the Disney fan I am but I'm sure he'll be a cruise fan after the week.

Is anyone planning a meet at the Hyatt???

For any of you that have cruised in January How is the weather. Our prior cruises were in November - nice weather but rocky seas. Then in July weather and seas were great.

Scratch42
10-23-2003, 02:53 PM
Some of us did the land/sea and luckily the land part was when the really, really, really cold weather hit. Luckily it had warmed up a bit by the time we hit Nassau! CC was beautiful! Can't wait to go back there! The seas were a little rough but bearable.

How about we meet for a nightcap at the Hyatt? How about by the pool so the kids will have something to do. I don't think anybody will really be in the mood to sleep the night before!LOL

Is it January yet!?!?

Scratch
pirate:

mariamard
10-23-2003, 03:01 PM
THE TIME WILL FLY UNTIL JAN. IT HELPS GOING AFTER THE HOLIDAYS, YA KNOW? USUALLY AFTER XMAS WE GO TO WDW AND/OR UNIVERSAL TO FILL IN THAT DREADFUL GAP BETWEEN THE HOLIDAYS AND SPRING..........IT LOOKS AS IF EVERYONE ON THE CRUISE IS FROM SOMEWHERE WITH THE BAD "S" WORD. NO, NOT THAT "S" WORD, SILLY. SNOW!!!!!!!!!! :tongue:

DBMagic
10-24-2003, 07:36 AM
A meet at the Radission sounds great. We'll be arriving there around 7:30.

BTW My DD(10) is Desiree.

TheGlensideGregorys
10-24-2003, 10:24 AM
Man, I am glad to see that there are more folks coming on the thread and getting active! And it looks like quite a few will be at the Radisson (or other hotels) the day before for some informal meets. Well, today was P-DAY for us, as in final payments are done. WOOOO-HOOOO!!

:tongue: :hyper:

mariamard
10-24-2003, 10:45 AM
WHEN CAN WE START BOOKING EXCURSIONS? THERE ARE A FEW THAT WE ARE INTERESTED IN. DO THEY SELL OUT FAST? ON A CARNIVAL CRUISE, 2 OF THE ONES THAT I WANTED WERE SOLD OUT THE DAY WE ARRIVED ONBOARD:mad: WHAT EXCURSIONS ARE YOU ALL CONSIDERING? WHICH ONES DO YOU PAST CRUISERS RECOMMEND FOR MY HUSBAND AND I TO GET SOME TIME AWAY FROM THE KIDDIES?SOMETHING SPORTY ......WAVE RUNNERS, SNORKELING, ETC.. WE ARENT PICKY.WE JUST DONT KNOW WHERE THE GOOD SPOTS ARE.

DBMagic
10-27-2003, 07:30 AM
I showed my DD(10) this thread and all the kids her age that will be there and she is very excited. She now goes on every day to check for new names that will be cruising. Thanks to all of you for sharing your experiences and being so nice. If looking forward to a Disney cruise wasn't enough, waiting to meet all of you and make new friends is the icing on the cake.

TheGlensideGregorys
10-27-2003, 10:06 AM
Hey Gang! We're inside the 90-day mark now! :hyper:

mariamard
10-27-2003, 12:24 PM
WOW!!! 89 DAYS.......IT'LL BE HERE BEFORE WE KNOW IT. DID ANYONE HAVE ANY RESPONSE TO MY POST HERE A FEW DAYS AGO ABOUT EXCURSION HELP??????:confused: WHO IS GOING TO DECORATE THE CABIN DOORS?

BuzzBoyMom
10-27-2003, 12:35 PM
YIPPEEE!!!

I'm having one of those days at work where you just cannot wait for a vacation....and it is only a Monday!
:hyper:

dancermom
10-27-2003, 01:13 PM
I know the feeling about a bad day and it only being Monday!!!!! Speaking of excursions has anyone ever done or heard feedback on the dolphin stingray encounter in St Martin?

Also my 11 year old can't wait to meet everyone her age at the clubs. But, her mom can't wait to meet all of the great people from the boards.

In response to a previous reply a night cap at the Hyatt sounds great. We are doing MK that day and I'm sure I'll be ready to unwind. How about somewhere in the area of 9:30????:earsgirl:

DBMagic
10-27-2003, 06:15 PM
We're thinking about doing that dolphin excusion also. My DD(10) and I swam with the dolphins at Discovery Cove and it was indescribable. This time I'd like to do it with the entire family.

Scratch42
10-27-2003, 06:38 PM
Ok, since 2/3 of the party will be at AKL and the other 1/3 will be at MK...........

Let's say between 9:30 p.m. and 10:00 p.m. by the pool at the Hyatt for a nightcap! That way the kids can take a dip before bed while the adults relax a bit!LOL

How's that for a plan!

Excursions, there are so many, how do you decide!?!

Anybody interested in doing a DuckBoat tour? I believe it's in St. Martin 'cause I know in St. Thomas it's gonna be shopping!

Scratch
pirate:

pjpoohbear
10-27-2003, 08:34 PM
I was thinking of the door decorations last week and have a partial list of stateroom numbers but not everyone's

To avoid the whole missing decorations issue

Name (Dis) or Family name if wanted!!!
First Names of party members
StateRoom #'s ( if you have more then one room please seperate the party members by room)

My mother is moblity challenaged and so we will mostly likely on the boat a little early. A good time to place welcomes on doors.

PM's only please

Penny

pjpoohbear
10-27-2003, 08:50 PM
Here is the site for the Duck Tour company.

Duck tour (http://caribbeanducktours.com/tourinfo.html)

They have two options, a straight tour w/water entry, and a duck and taxi tour that covers the whole island.

There are no "performances" listed yet for January. Hopefully they will add more dates soon.

Looks very cool, we have something similar here in T.O. and it passes my work on a regular basis, except that it is a hippo, lol.

Penny

BuzzBoyMom
10-28-2003, 07:18 AM
Hey Everyone!
I keep talking to my husband about the families on the board who are going to be on our cruise and I keep getting families confused.

So, I put togther a list of everyone's names, cabin #, where they are staying the night before etc. It is currently in a spreadsheet format (since I am a financial analyst and live off off spreadsheets), but I'd be happy to send it to anyone who is interested. Also, I tried my best to get everyone's information as accurate as possible, but if I made some mistakes, please accept my apologies and let me know what to correct!!

Penny - I tired to send you a PM but I got an error. Maybe my spreadsheet might be helpful.

Anyway, if anyone is interested, email me and I'll be happy to send you what I have!!!

87 MORE DAYS!!!!

mariamard
10-28-2003, 01:36 PM
87 DAYS.................:bounce: ANYWAY, IT WILL BE ME, DH30, DD4, DD 5 MOS, DMIL 50. MY 12 YEAR OLD WILL NOT BE GOING ON THIS TRIP-BUT THE TRIP IN JULY. WE ARE BOOKED WITH CABINS7631(HANDICAP FOR MIL) AND 7629 FOR US. PJPOOHBEAR- WE WILL BE TRYING TO GET THERE EARLY, TOO. MY MIL HAS A SCOOTER AND WILL NEED EXTRA TIME BOARDING. DO YOU KNOW IF THEY LET PHYSICALY CGHALLENGED GUESTS BOARD EARLY OR IN A SEPRATE LINE????WE WERE WONERING ABOUT THAT FOR A WHILE AND I KEEP FORGETTING TO POST THAT QUESTION.THE DUCK TOUR SOUNDS FUN!::yes::

mariamard
10-28-2003, 02:36 PM
TEST

BuzzBoyMom
10-28-2003, 02:42 PM
Hey Mariamard,
Looks like your counter is working!!!
Isn't it a great feeling!

I know there have been posts about handicapped people boarding, but if I remember correctly, there isn't a special line. That being said, I'd recommend you don't trust my memory and start your own thread and ask those experts out ther!!!

mariamard
10-28-2003, 04:23 PM
THANKS BUZZBOYMOM!:) AND YES, ITS GREAT TO FINALLY HAVE THAT COUTDOWN CLOCK WORKING! DO YOU KNOW THAT IT TOOK ME 6 TRIES? I WAS I WAS ABOUT TO TAKE A SLEDGE HAMMER TO THIS COMPUTER!:mad: I WILL POST ON THE BOARD ON EARLY BOARDING FOR MIL

pjpoohbear
10-29-2003, 12:03 AM
Mariamard:

From DCL res agent

yes, those requiring assisted boarding will be boarded before the general line up.

Let the agent who checks you in know that you require assistance for your mother.

We are in cabin 6147, just under and over from your MIL, DM has problems with balance and bad joints, and mobility issues and if we get to the port before general boarding begins, she will be escorted on earlier.

We are landing at 11:05 scheduled, but Jet blue is almost always early (approx. 15 mins), let hope this holds up.

Question:
Do we put our tags on the luggage before take off in BUF and then we don't see our bags till the ship, or do we pick up our bags in MCO and then put the tags on when we get to the buses?

Penny

Scratch42
10-29-2003, 05:42 AM
then yes you put your tags on before your first leg of your journey. If you arranged your own flight, I believe you must wait until MCO to place the tags on, but some one else can varify, since the only other time was with Disney and that's what we did!

Scratch
pirate:

BuzzBoyMom
10-29-2003, 11:55 AM
Hey All,

Just thought I'd share some of the info I've gathered...

So far, I'm showing 14 families going on our cruise. (Note: On the board's "Unofficial Cruise List" there are 4 other families listed who haven't joined in our thread conversation...so maybe 18 families.)

So far -
4 are staying at the Radisson, 3 at the Hyatt.

We've got a lot of 1st time 7 night cruisers!

If anyone hasn't seen the info, send me an EMAIL (NOT PM!) and I'll be happy to forward it on.

Tick Tock... I'm not sure how I'm going to spend the next 86 days waiting patiently!!!

DBMagic
10-29-2003, 01:03 PM
When can we start booking excusions? I've got to do something to pass the time.

Suecot2000
10-29-2003, 02:27 PM
It's so nice to see this post getting so active.

I'm another Diser staying at the Radison on Friday night. A meet there sounds wonderful to me. I know that I'm up on deck 6, but I don't have my papers in front of me...so not sure of the cabin number.

I'm in a cabin alone, but traveling with a large group of 13 people (none of which are Disers) all adults.

Would love to meet fellow Disers!

BuzzBoyMom
10-29-2003, 02:32 PM
I'm not sure if having these boards make the wait worse or better. I'm always checking the boards every day and thinking of new ideas.

And now that our thread is getting busier, I'm constantly checking to see who said what.

We're definately doing a meet at the Radisson. So far, there are 4 groups (including you) staying there on Friday night.

mariamard
10-29-2003, 03:22 PM
WHAT ABOUT A DIS MEET ONBOARD SAT SOMETIME? I KNOW IT WILL BE CRAZY DURING THE DAY, BUT WHAT ABOUT EVE. OR SOMETIME SUNDAY (AN AT SEA DAY) :sunny:

mariamard
10-29-2003, 03:31 PM
I TRIED TO EMAIL YOU FOR THAT INFO (YOU DIDNT WANT TO PM) AND IT SAID THERE WAS AN ERROR:confused: ............I KNOW WHAT YOOU MEAN ABOUT THESE BOARDS....I CHECK THEM 4-5 TIMES A DAY:hyper: BUT IT HELPS ME KNOWING THERE ARE OTHER OBSESSED AND EXCITED PEOPLE OUT THERE.MY HUSBAND THINKS THAT I AM A DORK:crazy:

disneylover5
10-29-2003, 03:50 PM
My husband and thinks I am crazy too for checking these boards.

I just want you all to think about me on Friday night while you are by the pool sipping your drinks and relaxing. I will be in 2 cars filled with children....mostly teenagers.....praying we get to the ship on time!

dancermom
10-29-2003, 04:14 PM
I am glad to see I am in good company with a group of people as obsessed as I am. My husband also thinks I'm insane. I told him he will understand my excitement after he sees the ship.

I drive him crazy on a daily basis asking excursion questions, deciding what I want to do at the spa. I have decided this trip must include a trip to the spa.

When we want to go to Palo and for what.

I think the decisions are endless, and seeing everone else as obsessed as my gets me even worse.

I can't wait to meet everyone!!!!

Looking forward to Friday night at the Hyatt pool.

Also can't wait to meet everyone else on the ship!!!!!!:earsboy: :earsgirl: :earsgirl: :earsgirl:

Also, being new to this sight can someone tell me how to set up a countdown clock???????

mariamard
10-29-2003, 04:26 PM
DANCERMOM. IM A DANCERMOM , TOO. I HAVE 2 LITTLE GIRLS THAT ARE PERFORMING AT MK, EPCOT, MGM AND UNIVERSAL IOA AND STUDIOS IN JULY!::MinnieMo ::MinnieMoTHE COUNTDOWN TIMER IS ON THE TECH. SUPPORT BOARD UNDER TIMERS. IT TOOK ME A MILLION TRIES......I WANTED TO SCREAM:crazy: ITS NOT HARD...I JUST KEPT SCREWING UP:rolleyes:

Scratch42
10-29-2003, 06:17 PM
Just how formal are you planning on going?

and

How many pairs of shoes?

I just can't seem to decide and with only 85 days left!:eek:

At least I know I won't be needing my "SNOW BOOTS":jumping2:

Enquiring minds need to know?

Scratch
pirate:

PS If you would like to meet on Sunday afternoon, if I could somehow swing it, make it a surprise birthday party for DD(Tanya) and somehow get a cake for the group and embarass her and let her know her mother still can pull something outa her sleeves! Anyone game?

mariamard
10-29-2003, 09:25 PM
SCRATCH42- OF COURSE I AM GAME FOR CAKE ;) HOW OLD WILL DD BE? DECORATE YOUR DOOR WITH BIRTHDAY STUFF........HOW FUN!! SUNDAY WOULD WORK ON THIS END. EVERYONE ELSE?OH, LETS TALK ABOUT PAIRS OF SHOES. 1 FORMAL SLINGS, 1 SEMI-FORMAL HEELS, 1 TENNIS SHOES, 2 PAIRS OF FLIP FLOPS, 1 PAIR BROWN SANDALS, 1 PAIR BLACK SANDALS. IF MY ADDITION IS CORRECT, THAT COMES TO 7 PAIRS OF SHOES FOR 7 NIGHT CRUISE. HOW NUTS AM I:crazy: ???WELL, I AM GOING TO WDW FOR 2 NIGHTS BEFORE THE CRUISE AND PLAN ON HITTING PLEASURE ISLAND....OH NO! I WILL NEED TO PACK MORE!:hyper:

dancermom
10-30-2003, 07:22 AM
I always take far too many of everything. I think it will come in somewhere between 7 to 10 pair of shoes for me. Of course there will be 7 to 10 pair for each of the girls. That has the potential to be 30 pairs of shoes. Good thing DH will only need 2 pair.

Scratch definately on the cake idea. It is fun when you can still suprise them. Let me know a time and place an we will be there. Won't schedule spa or hair braiding for the girls on Sunday afternoon.

As far as a dress for formal night I think it will be long or tea length. It seems anything formal I own is black. Since I don't get many chances to dress up at home I like to take advantage of this one.

Another question are the guys wearing tuxes or suits?????

mariamard - if you don't mind email me with details of your daughters disney dancing. My daughters dance company are always looking for new and different places to perform.

I don't know how I'll make it until January. I was doing some Christmas shopping last night and could only think about the cruise. I'm going to drive my dh crazy!!!!!!

BuzzBoyMom
10-30-2003, 07:24 AM
Call me crazy - but I just couldn't stand it anymore and I pulled out the kids summer clothes that I just finished putting away for the season and I separated them into 2 piles - 1 pile of "maybe" going on the cruise and the other pile "no way" going on the cruise. Then I put them away in separate boxes. It took the edge off of my anxiety.

As for me and my clothes/shoes. I've gained a lot of weight and I need to go through all my clothes to see what I can still fit into. As for shoes....well, I start off with a few and then more always sneak into the suitcase at the very end. It's almost like the shoes have feet of their own! My husband can't understand how they get in their. Guess they are MAGICal!
;) ;)

TheGlensideGregorys
10-30-2003, 07:35 AM
As for shoes....well, I start off with a few and then more always sneak into the suitcase at the very end.

hey.... have you been giving my wife packing tips all these years?????:eek:

disneylover5
10-30-2003, 07:39 AM
I dreamed about the cruise last night for the first time. This is my 3rd so I know pretty mcuh what it will be like. My dad passed away about 5 years ago. In my dream, when we arrived at the ship, my husband had a surprise for me. It was that my dad was going on the cruise with us. He looked young and heathly in my dream....best dream I may have ever had.

BuzzBoyMom
10-30-2003, 07:49 AM
Kevin - your wife probably took that packing class when she was a teenager. My mom told me the trick about what to say when your husband asks, "is that new". I guess "new" is in the eye of the beholder. "No, honey. I've had this dress!" He's caught onto the fact that what I'm really saying is, "No honey, I've had this dress for a couple hours!!!"

Mariamard - We definatley need to do a dismeet. I think Sunday afternoon is perfect. That first day will just be way too busy. It sounded like a bunch of us were interested but just waiting for the time and place.

And to the dancermoms - how about your daughters putting on a show for us!!!! I have boys and while they love to dance....I'm sure your daughters dance with a little more grace...if you know what I mean. Shaking your booty to my DS is entertainment in its own way! Remember - he is the 4 year old, training to be a doctor!!!

:jester:

DBMagic
10-30-2003, 08:27 AM
DancerMom - I can't speak for all the guys but I'll be wearing a suit for both formal and semi-formal nights.

BuzzBoyMom
10-30-2003, 08:31 AM
As for the attire - I'll be wearing a long black dress for formal and a short black for semi formal. DH and both DS will be wearing suits. Actually, i need to get them all ties. I hope I can remember that website that has the disney ties.

dancermom
10-30-2003, 08:33 AM
DBMagic - My husband will be glad to hear that. He is fine with a suit but not interested in a tux.

I'm sure my 5 year old DD will perform any time or place. The 11 year old DD is starting to worry about what people think of her and if there are any cute boys you won't catch her dancing.

Any feedback from anyone who has done Palo. This will be our first time trying it and I'm not sure whether to do brunch or dinner. :bounce:

mariamard
10-30-2003, 08:34 AM
HI EVEYONE! SUNDAY IT IS!!!! WE WILL JUST GO WITH A TIME THAT WILL WORK WELL FOR SCRACH AND HER DD CAKE. I WILL DO MY FACIAL ON MONDAY .BUZZBOYMOM- I LEARNED THAT "TRICK" AS WELL. HERE IS A NEW ONE-HUBBY FREAKS OUT WHEN I BUY ANY NEW PAIR OF SHOES. AND WE ALL KNOW THAT SHOES ARE AN OBSESSION THAT WE HAVE TO INDULGE IN, RIGHT? SO I PAY4SHOES AT THE MALL, PUT THEM ON MY FEET WHILE STILL IN THE STORE, WALK AROUND IN THEM(SO THE BOTTOMS GET SCRUFFY)TIP-WALK THRU GRAVEL AND ROCK-CONCRETE WORKS WELL.THEN WHEN YOUR HUSBAND FINDS THEM OR SEES THEM ON YOUR FEET, THEY ARE OLD, HONEY. SEE!LOOK AT THE SCRUFF MARKS!AS FAR AS DANCING- OH WILL THE 4 YEAR OLD ENTERTAIN!!!MY 12 YEAR OLD IS NOT CRUISING:( SHE DID NOT WANT TO GO ON THIS TRIP. WE ARE GOING TO DISNEYLAND FOR EASTER THENWDW FOR JULY'S 8 DAY STAY TO DANCE.DANCERMOM-I WILL TALK TO THE DANCE TEACHER TO SEE HOW THEY HANDEL THAT. HER STUDENTS HAVE BEEEN DOING THIS FOR YEARS. IT WILL BE MY GIRLS FIRST TIME THAT THEY WERE CHOSEN TO PERFORM THERE.ILL SEND YOU AN EMAIL ON SAT AFTER CLASSES.BUZZBOYMOM-YOUR DR IN TRAINING WILL BE A GREAT DANCE PARTNER FOR MY 4 YEAR OLD CIARA. WE WILL HAVE TO WATCH THEM TWO;) .DISNEYLOVER5, WHAT A NICE DREAM! THAT KIND OF MADE ME SMILE FIRST THING THIS MORNING. YOUR DAD WILL BE THERE. YOUNG AND HAPPY ON THE CRUISE WITH YOU..........

disneylover5
10-30-2003, 08:36 AM
Dancermom- My girls dance as well since they were 2 years old. My DD10 ... (well she will be DD10 on Dec 2nd) (4th grade) is looking for a friend on the ship. Her name is Annie. She is tall and thin and long blond/red hair.

All 5 other children have someone to hang with.....if your DD11 would like PM me her e-mail and Annie will e-mail her.

mariamard
10-30-2003, 08:42 AM
I HAVE SEEN TIES AT KOHLS AND CARSON'S IN CUTE DISNEY PATTERNS. OH YEAH, AT SEARS, TOO! BULINGTON COAT FACTORY HAD A FEW LITTLE BOYS BOW TIES AS WELL AS TIES, TOO.CHEAP!

BuzzBoyMom
10-30-2003, 08:43 AM
Here's a way we can pass the time...

A few months ago, the boards led me to a website that had all kinds of interesting tid bits about DCL. Right now, I only have a hardcopy and I'm trying to get an electronic version to post for you all to see.

In the mean time, I'll type a few tid bits for your enjoyment... (I don't credit/responsibility for the info...it came from www.hiddenmickeys.org website which right now I cannot access)

1. Over 500,000 people will be sailing on DCL annually.
2. 92% of the American public has never cruised.
3. The Disney Magic is one of the 3 largest ships in the world.
(I guess some of these statistics are dated, but I don't know the orginal date of this one)
4. The Magic was built by Fincantiei and cost $350 million.
5. For the women - there is 5500 sq ft of Disney themed shopping.
6. Disney Wonder is almost as long as the Eiffel Tower is high and it's nearly as long as the Empire State Building is high. (not sure of the Magic stats)
7. On a 3 day cruise, 6,525 pool towels will be used and washed, enough to handle every athlete of every participating country's Olympic swimming teams.
8. 8,260 cups of coffee are served on board every day. (Wonder if this stat will be changed with the new coffee cafe)
9. For those of us who were just discussing packing - DCL will transport approx. 10,000 suitcases per operating day. If each bag weighs 15 pounds (shoes included!), the team will get a great daily workout: lifting 75 tons!
10. Castaway Cay is a 1,000 acre Disney owned, 3-mile long island in the Bahamas.

Let me know if you want more!!!

DBMagic
10-30-2003, 08:55 AM
DancerMom and DisneyLover - both my girls have been dancing since 3. They are now 6 & 10. They both would love to meet your DD's. My 10 year-old gets on these boards to check out who's going and who'll she'll meet on the ship. Her name is Desiree. I'm sure she'd be thrilled to get a PM or email from your children.

Scratch42
10-30-2003, 11:43 AM
I have to post from work!LOL

I will get back to everybody regarding a Time and Place!

So keep an hour or so open on Sunday, January 25, 2004!

Thanks a bunch! I can hardly wait to see her face!

:jumping1:

Regarding the shoes, thank goodness, 'cause when I kept reading people only brought 3 pairs!:crazy:

Chat soon!

Scratch
pirate:

BuzzBoyMom
10-31-2003, 11:47 AM
Hi All! How do you like our new home? I think this was one of the best things the moderators did.

Scratch42
10-31-2003, 11:58 AM
Update on Sunday, January 25, 2004

Looks like we can meet at the Promenade Lounge without too much of a problem since it is not used that much!

Will get back to you all with time!

Scratch
pirate:

TheGlensideGregorys
10-31-2003, 10:12 PM
Not a bad idea -- something relaxed/casual... Good idea! Sunday would be a great day to do a "meet". As plans shape up, we can spread the word.

mariamard
11-04-2003, 09:41 PM
OK, GUYS....WE ARE GETTING CLOSE.......OUR FINAL PAYMENT IS DUE IN A COUPLE DAYS! NOW, WHEN CAN WE BOOK EXCURSIONS? I KNOW YOU ALL ARE EXCITED AS I AM, SO I DONT FEEL LIKE A COMPLETE LOSER BY ASKING:crazy: HAVE YOU STARTED PACKING YET? I HAVE...................

pjpoohbear
11-05-2003, 12:02 AM
mariamard,

Have started to put items in a basket, haven't got the suitcase out yet. That would make it go slower i think.

But we do have a calendar with cruise photos on top, that we cross off each day. October went by very quickly :hyper:, on paper at least. lol.

Scratch42
11-05-2003, 05:22 AM
The suitcases are not out yet but have been putting things aside as I have bought them. My biggest problem will be, everytime I go out I seem to find something "that would be perfect for the cruise" and put it away. That area in the closet is getting full!LOL

I put final payment down on Monday. After my last fiasco with my TA was not taking chances!

As far as excursions, it's at the 60 day mark! If my calculations are correct, but forgive me 'cause I've not had my coffee yet, that would make it around November 26th.

Oh, yea, I e-mailed guest services regarding the cake and got back the customary standard, YADDA, YADDA, YADDA! Will give them a few more days.

Is it January Yet!?!?!!?

:jumping1:

Scratch
pirate:

BuzzBoyMom
11-05-2003, 06:19 AM
Well it is 80 days till the cruise, but since we are leaving the day before,
I'M IN THE 70'S!!
days that is, not my age!!!:tongue:

I've been having problems with my TA (AAA) and we got a letter today stating when our balance is due and get this - she isn't accounting for the last two payments OR the airline tickets that we've paid for. I can't wait for that office to open this morning!
I'm fuming!!!
:mad:

DBMagic
11-05-2003, 09:11 AM
I can't believe we are within the 80 day mark. What excusions is everyone looking at going on? We are doing the dolphin swim. We have gone to DC and my DD and I swam with the dolphins. It was incredible. I thought it was a once-in-a-lifetime experience but I am sure glad I was wrong.

dancermom
11-05-2003, 09:25 AM
I'm glad that other people are starting to pack and that I'm not alone. I pulled out one suitcase and am buying underwater cameras, sun screen, bandaids, tylenol, etc. as I pick it up at Wal-Mart. I thought this would avoid having to go out and spend a lot of money at once on these things.

We are also going to do the dolphin/stingray encounter. My DD11 also wants to parasail on CC, so I'm going to book that early as well. I think we might just go to the beach or shopping in St. Thomas.

I'm hoping that with Thanskgiving and Christmas coming time will go faster. October definately flew by.

mariamard
11-05-2003, 11:19 AM
buzzboymom-let us know what happens with your ta.....:confused: scratch- i am sure that they will have a cake for ypur dd. maybe , they can have a special princess or mouse stop by for a snapshotprincess: ::MickeyMo . wouldnt that be something?

mariamard
11-05-2003, 11:23 AM
oh, we are thinking the dolphin-stingray excursion, too.:boat: or the rhino boat snorkel on st. marteen

BuzzBoyMom
11-05-2003, 11:39 AM
:confused: :mad: :confused: :mad:
Is is too much to ask that they return my phone call?!!

I called this AM and ofcourse my TA was out. And her supervisor was out. So I asked one simple question - will someone please verify that my payments are showing in the AAA account and call me back. So here I sit patiently....

I'll probably bug them in about an hour. I just don't understand why it is taking over 4 hours to check where my money went.

Okay, let's talk happy thoughts.

Scratch - I can completely relate with the closet situation. I have my clothes sorted into "possible cruise" wear. And I've filled a closet AND a dresser!!! I know I'll be able to get it down to a reasonable amount of clothes....but "reasonable" is in the eye of the beholder, right!;)

DBMagic
11-05-2003, 12:04 PM
DancerMom - I will be parasailing at CC also. I trying to get my DD(10) to go with me but she won't, maybe your daughter can try and convince her.

Desisant@comcast.net

Scratch42
11-05-2003, 12:29 PM
I almost did not make our August trip because of our TA at CAA which is the Cdn Version! Sometimes I wonder why we seem to know than the TA's, at least the ones I've had! Keep on them. If I had not been for the fact that I used a new cc, I would not have found out that she did not put thru my final payment! Then of course the Big BlackOut happened! Then she went on vacation without making sure everything was done! Then another TA said not to worry, if the stuff does not arrive then they will have it waiting for us at the Front Desk. Good thing everything showed up because nothing showed up until Wednesday! Luckily things worked out but not without terrible stress before hand and for the first part of our trip! That's why I'm now part of DVC!

Good luck!

Mariamard - I would ask my TA but have no confidence in her being able to arrange anything of the sort! I'll be happy once I get my docs and I can say to her "Arrivaderci!"(sp) If I have to wait until we board, I'll arrange something! I still have a few tricks up my sleeves!

So guys, it seems parasailling is the thing for CC! DD is hesitant also but there is time to convince her!

Since she's picked excursion in St. Marten, I get to pick in St. Thomas! I vote for SHOPPING!

I better go since I'm suppose to be working! Gotta pay for this somehow!

Scratch
pirate:

pjpoohbear
11-05-2003, 01:12 PM
Just found this site, St, Maarten Activities (http://www.saint-martin-activities.com/qwerty/index.htm?c77.htm&1) , it has a discount on the Duck tour and it looks like an interesting gate way for booking excursions outside of disney on St. Maarten.

Good luck.

Penny

mariamard
11-05-2003, 02:33 PM
BUZZBOYMOM-:headache: KEEP CALLING. FROM MY EXPERIENCE-ANYONE WHO IS IN THAT OFFICE CAN GET YOU INFO ON YOUR ACCOUNT. DONT LET THEM JERK YOU AND TELL YOU OTHERWISE. DEMAND SOMEONE HEAR YOU AND GIVE YOU AN AWNSER NOOOOOOOWWWWWW! THEN, :) SMILE 'CUZ WE ARE GOING ON THE MICKEY BOAT::MickeyMo SOON. KEEP US POSTED..........PJPOOH-COOL SITE!

BuzzBoyMom
11-06-2003, 09:36 AM
Hi All!!!
I'm moving on to positive stuff...you all don't need to hear my woes with the TA.

Question - when do you think is a reasonable time to book a limo service? I don't want to do it too far out, yet I want to make sure the times aren't booked.

Anyone have any experience?

And based on a prior post of mine, I'm considering Tiffany, Happy Limo and FL Tours. Do any of you, my fellow cruisers, have any insight into any of these companies?

Oh and by the way...

only 77 more days till we leave
:tongue: :sunny:

mariamard
11-06-2003, 03:45 PM
OK....NOW I AM MAD. I JUST CALLED TO CONFIRM OUR AIR RESSIES(I AM A COMPULSIVE CONFIRMER):rolleyes: AND SPIRITAIR CHANGED OUR RETURN FLIGHT WITHOUT NOTIFICATION! THE ORIGINAL RESSIES WERE MADE IN MAY TO RETURN JAN. 31 AT 325 PM OUT OF MCO TO OHARE. NOW, THEY CHANGED IT TO 1050 AM!!!! :headache: WE WOULD NEVER MAKE IT FROM GETTING OFF OF THE SHIP TO RETURN THE RENTAL CAR AND CHECK IN AND BOARD. SO,I TOLD THEM THAT I WAS UPSET THAT I WAS NOT NOTIFIED AND WE WOULD NOT BE ABLE TO MAKE THAT FLIGHT. SHE SAID THAT THERE WAS A FEW SPOTS LEFT ON THE EVENING FLIGHT(650 PM). IF I WOULD NOT HAVE CALLED , WE WOULD NOT HAVE KNOWN! I USUALLY START MY COMPULSIVE CONFIRMING UNTIL A MONTH OUT FROM LEAVING, BUT I AM A LITTLE TOO EXCITED:crazy:

Scratch42
11-06-2003, 06:55 PM
mariamard - Don't you just love it, they take your money and then they fail to inform you of a major change!:rolleyes:

I checked my flights too. Air Cananda is also known for doing things like that!::yes:: ::yes:: So far so good!

BuzzBoyMom - can't help regarding the towncar service. With two travelling, not worth the expense. I'm looking into driving to the port but then realized that I have to make it back to the Airport!:rolleyes: I forgot need to get back to reality.:( But we won't think about that right now! But will be renting a car for the day before for shopping!:hyper: :hyper:

Is it January yet?!

Scratch
pirate:

TheGlensideGregorys
11-06-2003, 09:12 PM
When we've used a towncar service for WDW, I set it up about a month ahead of time, and then called to confirm 2 weeks before; and then the day before to firm up arrival times, etc. I'm a bit compulsive about that stuff. Regarding the TA -- I hope you were able to get it cleared up.

Marimad... now I'm going to call our airline tomorrow to confirm, just in case. I've had that happen, but I've been notified in the past. Your story isn't unusual lately -- I've heard that same complaint over several airlines with colleagues who travel more than I do at work...

minniesota
11-07-2003, 06:27 AM
Hi to all!
I think we'll be on the Jan. 24 Magic. DH just suggested it this past Tuesday and I've been on the boards and the phone ever since. We are first-time cruisers, have DD-12 and DS-10. I am a lot overwhelmed right now - you guys seem so organized! And I am usually Miss Organization. I firmed up stateroom stuff yesterday, put down a deposit and am waiting for confirmation. Now I have to figure out air, night=before lodging, transportation, etc. I have no idea what a navigator is or what dining rotation means!!! So I'm off today to buy a guide of some sort and will be glued to these boards. This is going to be a surprise Christmas present for the kiddos, so you guys will be my outlet for excitement. I could plan a trip to WDW in my sleep but have never considered a cruise before so am lost!!! You'll be hearing from me a lot, methinks:D Thanks and here's to the Magic:wave2:

BuzzBoyMom
11-07-2003, 07:11 AM
Mariamard - let's just assume that we're working out all OUR problems BEFORE our cruise so that our sailing will be SMOOTH!!!

I agree with the confirmation - I usually don't want to be a pest, so I reconfirm everything closer to the date. Well, I ended up speaking to a supervisor at AAA and I told her that I wanted a different agent to handle my ressie from here on out. She said no problem and today when my new agent calls, I'm going to have her recheck EVERYTHING!!!

Scratch - we're also doing the rental car the day before because we like the freedom to check out the sites, but on our return we're having a limo service pick us up at the port to take us to the airport. I figured it is much less hassle than a rental car....a little more expensive, but I'm sure I'm going to be walking on clouds when I walk off that ship and I want to walk right into my waiting car and have someone else do the driving!!! Aaaahhhhhhh!

MINNESOTA - WELCOME!!!
I'll add you to our cruise list. If you send me an email (just click on the email button at the bottomof this post) I'll send you our cruise list. It shows who we know from these boards are going on the 24th....family names, kids names/ages, and where they are from, where they are staying the night before, etc.

I also am a newbie to cruising, but these boards are a wealth of info.

I would highly recommend that you check out dcltribute.com and if you want to buy a book the Passporter is excellent!

Let us know if we can be of any help and we look forward to meeting you!

Karen

the4nitz's
11-07-2003, 09:28 AM
What's this cruise list for our cruise and who is keeping it? DW, me DD 4 and DD 2 will be on our first cruise with you. Let me know. I have got a lot of great info from these boards and keep checking back often. Wish it was January!!!!:tongue: :tongue:

BuzzBoyMom
11-07-2003, 09:40 AM
the4nitz's - i just sent you an email. Since the list is on a spreadsheet, I can't attach it here....at least I don't know how.
I'll be happy to send you a copy, just send me an email!
Karen

disneylover5
11-07-2003, 09:44 AM
BuzzBoyMom - I sent you a PM...I would love the list you have put together. How organized!

Dancermom - I sent you a PM about my 10 year DD.

I was getting excited about our trip and my DMIL had a massive stroke this past weekend and is in a coma. We were in Disney World in Aug and she had a small stroke...only hospital for 3 days. So anyone who will pray....please pray for God's will to be done for Anne Halterman.

BuzzBoyMom
11-07-2003, 09:47 AM
disneylover5 - I'm very sorry. She will be in my family's prayers. Please keep us posted.

BuzzBoyMom
11-07-2003, 12:22 PM
I'm going to do a test to see if I can insert some of our cruise list info into a post. Here goes..

Post Name - Family Members Cruising - Cabin - Night Before Cruise

TheGlensideGregorys - Kevin, Melissa, Connor(4) - Cabin 2583 - Radisson

pjpoohbear - Penny & DM - Cabin 6147 - ?

Suecot2000 - large group - Cabin deck 6 - Radisson

Minybear - Minybear & DH? - Cabin 6134 - Hyatt

mariamard - DW, DH, DD(13), Ciara(4),DD(7WEEKS), DMIL(51) - Cabins 7629, 7631

disneylover5 - The Halterman Family: Lisa, Don, Daniel(14), Annie(10), Gretchen(7); AND FRIENDS: Karen, Bill, Matt(15), Michael(14), Andrew(7) - Cabins 2530, 2528, 2532 - driving down!!

BuzzBoyMom - The Rhoad Family: Don, Karen, Eric(6), Adam(4) - Cabin 6050 - Radisson

TiggerPU88 - me (37), My Mom (63 -- on 1/23!) and DS (28 months) - Cabin ? - Mariott

Scratch42 - Janet & Tanya(12) - Cabin 6634 - Hyatt

the4nitz's - Craig, Clarry, Makenna(4), Alaina(2) - Cabin 6058 - Holiday Inn Express

DBMagic - The Santaniello Family: Anthony, Christine, Brienna (6), Desiree10) - Cabin 7010 - Radisson

Dan and Scott - ? - ? - ?

dancermom - The Giampietro Family: Jamie, Rob, Sarah(11) and Gracie(5) - Cabin 8080 - Hyatt

Coach Mayo - Vickie, ? - ? - MK

Minniesota - ??, DD(12), DS(10) - ? - ?

I have other data on the sheet, but it gets too crowded putting it all here. Anyway, for what it is worth, here's the current pared down listing!

Scratch42
11-07-2003, 01:05 PM
Sorry to hear about your DMIL.

:grouphug:

Scratch
pirate:

TheGlensideGregorys
11-07-2003, 01:40 PM
Your family will be in our prayers as well.

the4nitz's
11-09-2003, 02:45 PM
This is our first time cruising, pjpoohbear mentioned door decorations, is this something that every one does. What do you usually put on the door?:earsgirl: DD4 can't wait until she gets to go on the big boat. Most of the clothes are put aside in a box just waiting to be packed.

pjpoohbear
11-09-2003, 05:32 PM
Since you asked,

The door decorations would be magnetic sheets, shapes or names that can be printed on the home computer. It helps when little ones, or just the forgetful, get lost, easier to remember then a number. It is a great way to greet the family once on board, one member goes ahead and puts them up. Also a way for those who have meet here or on other boards to show alliegence, and let others know that they are part of the net community. ETC. ETC. ETC.

Penny

Besure to include an identify element, some have had more generic signs taken:eek:.

mariamard
11-09-2003, 09:16 PM
I JUST GOT BACK 2 SECONDS AGO FROM OUR WEEKEND TRIP AND MY SHOES WERE NOT EVEN OFF BEFORE I RAN TO THE COMPUTER TO CHECK OUT OUR THREAD...............IM A GEEK:crazy: ANYWAY, DISNEYLOVER-IM PRAYING FOR MIL.........:hug: BUZZBOYMOM-YOU ARE ORGANIZED.THATS COOL TO SEE THE LIST!:smooth: WELL, I AM SOOOOOOOOOTIRED THAT MY EYES ARE CROSSING,ILL TALK TO YOU ALL MONDAY!WELCOME 4NITZ AND MINNIESOTA! YOU PICKED THE BEST CRUISE!GOODNIGHT

minniesota
11-10-2003, 06:25 AM
Thanks for the welcome! Since I'm keeping this as a surprise for my kids, I have to be discreet when using the computer. Not sure if I can wait until Christmas!!! I still don't have specific room assignment because my TA hasn't been in contact for a couple days. We are in two Cat 5 rooms on Deck 7. Any suggestions for good room location? Today is my day to figure out air and first night accommodations. Since I'm feeling so behind in planning, what are the most important few things I should be doing? Any deadlines I should be aware of? And which do you prefer, first or second seating? I requested 1st. Thanks for any and all advice!

By the way, my DD-12 (Allie) is also a dancer. She's been at her studio 8 years and dances three nights a week. Dance is her sport! I haven't seen many boys listed here for DS -10 (David) but he'll hang out with girls just as easily. They are going to be so excited Christmas morning
:bounce:

BuzzBoyMom
11-10-2003, 08:13 AM
Minniesota - that is so cool about surprising your kids. I'm sure they are going to love it. My biggest problem with surprises is not keeping it a surprise from others, but rather keeping my self-control! I have trouble waiting for birthdays so I can give someone a gift I'm excited about.

RE: rooms locations - Being around these boards for some still time, I can only share with you what I've learned and nothing from personal experience. Looking at the deck plans, both floors above and below you are cabins so it doesn't look like noise will be an issue. Many people claim middle of the ship has less movement, but others say it doesn't matter. So, don't fret the room location - go with what you prefer. If you check out dcltribute.com (dave's website) it will show you a pretty good layout of the decks with room numbers. If the room has a little triangle tha means it is adjoining..not sure if this is an issue with you or not.

As to what are the most important things to do - make sure final payment is made by 60 days. AND THAT'S ONLY 13 DAYS AWAY!!!

Also, you can make excursion ressies 60 days out. Then you can finish your research and do all your shopping. The only other thing to be aware of is making ressies upon embarkation. There are many threads on how to get (hopefully) good Spa and Palo ressies. Keep reading the threads.

For dinner seating - it seems to be a personal preference. If you have first seating, you go to shows after dinner. If you have late dinner seating, you do the show first and then have dinner. Some people feel rushed with first seating. Those of us with young children, need the food earlier, but with your children, it shouldn't be too much of a problem.

Hope some of this helps. Have you checked out Barb & Tony's websites? Along with reading these boards, dcltribute.com and ***************** have some AMAZING resources available for easy reading.

dancermom
11-10-2003, 08:55 AM
wecome aboard minniesota. Looks like we have quite a few dancers on board. I am almost envious having a great suprise on Christmas morning. But, I can imagine that it will be hard to keep it from everyone.

I have to share my joy with my fellow posters regarding our airfare. I was about to make final payment on our cruise when I noticed on my confirmation that our airfare was almost $1800.00 (we booked through DCL directly). I thought that $450.00/ per ticket seemd a bit high, so I decided to call USAIR and Delta (the only 2 carriers out of our local airport). USAIR was $350/ticket, but deltal was able to get me rountrip for $250.00/ticket. That was an $800.00 savings. I immediately called Disney and cancelled our air portion of the trip. Needless to say, my DH was seeing $$$$ saved, I was seeing something that sparkled in a jewelry shop on the island.

Then being in money saving mode, I checked with American Express and redeemed Memebership rewards points and got a free room at the Hyatt for the night before the cruise. My DH thinks I have gone completely over the edge in planning.

By the way, are we planning a meet on Saturday, or are we waiting for the BD party on Sunday?

What dinner seating did everyone request? We requested early, it just seems easier with the kids. By 8:30 mine want to be off to the clubs.

DBMagic
11-10-2003, 09:18 AM
We are also in the first seating, it leaves more room for late night snacks.

I could be wrong but I thought the meet was on Sunday.

mariamard
11-10-2003, 10:18 AM
MEET WILL BE SUNDAY FOR SCRACH DD, RIGHT? IT WOULD BE EASIER THAN SAT WITH THE MADNESS!!!:scratchin WE ARE DOING THE EARLY SEATING, TOO. THE KIDS CAN EAT THEN GOT TO THE CLUBS OR TO A SHOW WITH US . THEN , MOMMY AND DADDY CAN HAVE FUN, TOO:love2: DANCERMOM-GOOD JOB,LADY!!!!THATS A TON OF $$$$ THAT YOU SAVED. I THINK THAT YOU EARNED A SPARKLER!MY HUBBY WOULD HAVE HAD A HEARTATTACK IF WE CAN SAVE ANY $$, THIS TRIP IS A BIGGIE FOR US. I KEEP TELLING HIM THAT EVEN THOUGH THIS COST ALOT UP FRONT, IT WONT COST MORE THAN ONE OF OUR YEARLY WDW TRIPS.::MickeyMo MINNIESOTA, WE ARE ON DECK 7, TOO. WE ARE AT THE WAY BACK NEAR THE "SECRET" DECK. GOOD LUCK WITH AIR TODAY. WE ARE STAYING IN WDW FOR A COUPLE NIGHTS PRIOR TO THE CRUISE......WE CANT IMAGINE FLYING TO ORLANDO WITHOUT A TRIP TO MAGIC KINGDOM. RATES ARE GOOD IF YOU WANTED TO DO THE SAME. CHECK EXPEDIA AND TRAVELOCITY.CAN WE GO NOW????

mariamard
11-10-2003, 10:25 AM
I HOPE THINGS ARE LOOKING BETTER THIS MORNING FOR YOUR MIL AND FAMILY..............:hug:

disneylover5
11-10-2003, 11:14 AM
Thank you for your wishes and prayers for DMIL...she loved Disney and did a cruise with us 1 1/2 years ago. She was at Disney World the week it opened in 1972...I think that was they year. There is no change in her status, except the doctors have now confirmed there is very little brain wave activity...so really not much hope for recovery. My DH and DBIL are very sad.

Minnesota - We are surprising our kids at Christmas as well. We are another family that Dancermom refers too...my DD9 and DD7 both dance 6 hours a week each.

Dancermom - You had told me your DD gets a hard time at school for dancing....you should move to my neighborhood. My kids friends all think it is cool that they dance so much....great exercise.

Thanks again for the prayers.

DBMagic
11-10-2003, 12:15 PM
Minnesota - we're another family with dancing DD's (6 & 10). Both my girls dance and play soccer and if their friends gave them a hard time about either, they wouldn't be friends for much longer. They would love to hear from your DD before the cruise. They can't wait to make new friends.

mariamard
11-10-2003, 01:48 PM
MY GIRLS ARE DANCERS, TOO!DD CECILY 13, DD CIARA 4, DD OLIVIA IS ONLY 3 MONTHS....BUT SHE WILL BE DANCING, TOO! THE GIRLS IN THE NEIGHBORHOOD USED TO SAY THINGS TO MY 13 Y/O UNTIL SHE GOT THEM TO JOIN AS WELL. NOW, HER AND HER 4 BEST FRIENDS ALL STUDY BALLET, TAP, JAZZ,& MODERN TOGETHER. AS A MATTER OF FACT- HER DANCE GROUP WILL BE PERFORMING THROUGH OUT WDW AND UNIVERSAL NEXT SUMMER FOR 8 DAYS IN JULY AND AUGUST! WE ARE SO PROUD OF HER!I AM STILL AWAITING THE DETAILS OF HOW TO GET THE "INVITE" TO PERFORM THERE. AS SOON AS I GET IT FROM THE STUDIO OWNER/TEACHER, I WILL PASS IT ON TO YOU ALL FOR YOUR KIDS INSTRUCTORS!::MickeyMo WE ARE GETTING CLOSER, GUYS!!!!!!!!!

TheGlensideGregorys
11-10-2003, 01:52 PM
Magnets are pretty common! I followed some advice from this board and picked up some printable magnet sheet paper, and I'm taking a stab at them.

I'll let you know how it turns out...

the4nitz's
11-10-2003, 02:18 PM
We going to get some printable magnet sheets and print up some door decorations also. Same here, hope it turns out OK. Looking at the other posts, it seems everyone has dancers in the faimly. Our 2 DD's 4 & almost 2 have not started with it yet, but I'll bet DD4 will want to very soon. Now she likes singing. I'm sure she will have a great time on board.

TheGlensideGregorys
11-10-2003, 07:52 PM
Looking at the other posts, it seems everyone has dancers in the faimly.

LOL!! I know what you mean! No dancers here... but DS (4) loves singing too! Then again, if there are any alien-stomping, sports-playing, Hot Wheels-racing, kids around, he'd be just as happy! As it is, he is getting excited about "playing with the kids" and Mickey!

Scratch42
11-11-2003, 09:41 AM
Ok, guys, need your imput here. Been checkin' out the old navigators and the best time that I can come up with is ............

3:00 p.m. Sunday, January 25, 2004.

Not too many activities then, early enough not to spoil dinner and by that time it will be time to get out of the sun for us Northerners!LOL

Whatcha all think?

Scratch
pirate:

mariamard
11-11-2003, 01:42 PM
SOUNDS GREAT!:)

dancermom
11-11-2003, 01:47 PM
Sounds good to me.

minniesota
11-12-2003, 06:28 AM
Minniesota checking in...

We have room assignments - yeah! Connecting rooms near the aft elevators on starboard side. I was checking the main boards this AM and read about getting Hyatt MCO for $24 on Hotwire, so I tried it and GOT IT! DH was excited about that price and since we're getting in a bit later on Friday, this is a great option. Now to figure out transfers. What would you guys suggest?
Also, can anyone tell me more about the kids clubs? I might post this on the main board,too. DD is 12 1/2 and DS is 10. DD is a little slow to warm up to new situations and DS is pretty outgoing. Will DD find much to do at the club? She's at that "almost a teen" stage, so was just wondering if the club will seem too "young" for her. Also, how much time to kids spend at the clubs?
Thanks for your help! One more thing - any ideas on how to present this surprise on Christmas? I figured I'd wrap up the planning video but I'd like the kids to open something creative and fun? Ideas? Thanks.

Scratch42
11-12-2003, 06:49 AM
Glad you got the Deal! Saw that this am and hoped you would see it!

We are having a mini-meet by the pool on Friday Night. Hope you can join us?

As for the clubs, tough question. My DD who will be turning 12 that Sunday, (Dismeet and Cake 3:00 p.m. at the Promenade Lounge, surprise for DD) is a bit leary. She is also on the shy side when it comes to meeting new friends. Maybe the two will hit it off and complain together!LOL It's a tough call at that age.

As for suggestions, find anything and everything to do with Disney and Cruisin' and wrap them up. Or Make up a Puzzle and wrap each piece up, that way they have to piece it together, spelling out where they will be going!

Gotta go DD just got up so can't let her see this!

Is it January yet!?!

Scratch
pirate:

dancermom
11-12-2003, 07:35 AM
minniesota what floor are you on? We are near the aft elevators on the port side on the 8th floor. Also, what time are you getting in on Friday?

As far as the clubs my dd will be 11 and feels she is mature beyond her years.

Last time we cruised she was 9 and had the ability to sign in and out of the clubs, and after she made two friends, they thought they were cool signing out of the clubs and sitting by the pool by themselves.

I thought that with Disney security there wasn't much that could happen to them so I felt rather safe.

Hopefully the girls can all meet the night before at the Hyatt and feel more comfortable already knowing someone who will be at the clubs.:earsgirl:

minniesota
11-12-2003, 08:03 AM
Scratch 42- Great idea about the puzzle pieces. My kids love a mystery! I think it would help DD if she met some kids beforehand. She and DS are really good friends and we always enjoy seeing how more connected they get on these family only trips. (we often travel with my sister's family) So between him and some new friends, she'll be fine!

dancermom - we are on Deck 7 and I haven't booked air yet. Watching fares every day and they have been coming downa bit. Always a guessing game. Anyway, the flight we're watching comes in at 7:30.

Any other ideas on how to surprise the kiddos? Thanks for all your help!

mariamard
11-12-2003, 08:37 AM
MINNIESOTA- DOWNLOAD A PIC OF THE CRUISESHIP AND PRINT IT OUT......THEN TAKE PICS OF YOUR FAMILY ANC CUT THEM SO YOU HAVE JUST THE HEADS ANS BODIES. MAKE LITTLE MICKEY EARS AND GLUE THEM ON YOUR HEADS. GLUE THE PICS TO THE BOAT.PUT THE PIC IN A FRAME AND THROW IT IN A BOX WITH A PASSPORTER, SUNSCREEN,SUNGLASSES,FLIP-FLOPS,ETC.!!!!!!!!THEY'LL GET IT! HOW EXCITING!I WISH IT WAS JAN............:sunny:

minniesota
11-13-2003, 09:35 AM
Thanks for all the suggestions! I also came across a bag of pins I bought on clearance at the DS last Jan. - I was saving them for next trip to WDW. Maybe the kids will enjoy pin trading on the Magic - and I have one more present to unwrap. We locked into airfares yesterday so we'll be getting in about 7:30 Fri. PM. Now it's just transfers. What is everyone doing? We used your ride last trip to WDW but they seem to be under fire on the DIS boards lately. Any experience with other services/ Or should we just rent a car? TIA

the4nitz's
11-13-2003, 09:58 AM
We're getting into MCO about 6:45pm and renting a mini-van (about $60.00) from Budget and driving to the port. This way we can pick up a few thing before we return the car in the morning. The Budget return at the port is couple of miles away, but they run shuttles back and forth. Our plan is that I will drop the family and the luggage off at the port and I will return the rental and catch a shuttle back. This seems to be what others do. We are going to rent a van for the return trip also. We have a later flight out, 6:45pm, and plan on spending a little time looking around the area before going to the airport. We saved $100.00 for the 4 of us by taking a later flight, but I'm sure we will end up spending that by the time we get to the airport. LOL Is it time to leave on the cruise yet????

BuzzBoyMom
11-13-2003, 11:22 AM
Hi All!

Hey Kevin - I can't wait to see our boys together. Everything you describe about Connor is EXACTLY the same with my Adam. And he LOVES to sing!! He will walk around the house singing about our furniture, the sky, dinner I'm making....it is quite comical.

Minniesota - we're renting a car from Budget on Friday and then we're getting a town car for the return.

I'm also happy to report that I completed my t-shirt and pillow case project for the kids. They turned out absolutely fabulous. Probably not as good as Verandah Man, but I'm still learning. I thought I was done on Monday and had printed everything out on the transfer paper and realized that I forgot to turn the words around so that it would transfer correctly. So, I wasted some iron-on transfer paper, but I'm so thrilled with the end product.

Take care all and if you haven't read the latest on Nathan Page, please do so and keep his family in your thoughts and prayers.

BuzzBoyMom
11-14-2003, 08:30 AM
Disneylover5 - Lisa - how is your MIL? I've been thinking about you and your family. Lots of sad stuff on the board about Nate Page and I was wondering how you all were doing. Let us know if you get a chance. You're probably busy with taking care of everyone, but know that we are praying for your family also!
Warm wishes,
Karen

disneylover5
11-14-2003, 12:51 PM
Thanks for prayers for DMIL. She was moved yesterday to a re-hab as Medicare and her isurance together will cover 100 days. She is very sick....they say she has 5% of brain funtion....they say she could live days...weeks...months...years. She has a feeding tube as there is no swallow reflex at all. She is laying still now and never opens her eyes....it is so sad. I do not want my children to see her this way. I want them to remember the loving, happy, laughing, grandma.....Would anyone let there children see a grandma that has changed so much?

TheGlensideGregorys
11-15-2003, 09:23 AM
Hey Gang! Just an update on Radisson Port Canaveral rates! Internet saver rates are on the reservation board for January. Standards (2 DBL or 1 KING) for $85.00 + tax; Suites going for $115.00. We had previously booked a standard for $109.00. I cancelled that, and did the Internet Rate today. Hey, $24.00 is a few Bahama Mamas or something!!!

If you're staying at the Radisson or undecided, check into it. The cancellation policy isn't as liberal as regular rates, but if you're going down anyway, then it's well worth it.

:wave2:

TheGlensideGregorys
11-15-2003, 09:28 AM
Would anyone let there children see a grandma that has changed so much?

You and your family will still be in our prayers. Regarding that question - it would depend on the age of the kids. If they are old enough to fully comprehend, it may be something that would help them internalize what has happened (and I'm talking about HS age - and even then, each kid is different). Otherwise, w/ younger - I would not want them to see it. I am speaking from experience regarding my grandmother's last days about 5 years ago, and how we handled my nieces/nephews...

minniesota
11-15-2003, 12:20 PM
BuzzBoyMom - Can you tell me more about the t-shirt and pillow case project you referred to in an earlier post? Also, for those of you staying at MCO, how are you geting to the port Sat. AM? We still need to arrange that and am looking for suggestions, Thanks!

Minybear
11-15-2003, 04:12 PM
Hi everyone

Just got in the mail the brochure on all of the excursions for our cruise. Did anyone else get theirs?

Yahoo. The time is getting near to our cruise.

Minybear

mariamard
11-16-2003, 09:40 AM
OOOOHHHHH!SO EXCITED! NO, I DIDNT GET OURS YET?:confused: WE BETTER.... WAS IT FROM DISNEY? WOULD IT MATTER IF WE BOOKED OUR CRUISE THRU TRAVELOCITY? WE SHOULD STILL GET ONE, RIGHT? ANYWAY, WHICH EXCURSION WERE YOU INTERESTED IN?:sunny:

Minybear
11-16-2003, 02:35 PM
I am at work right now, but we will be booking the Atlantis submarine and the St Thomas 2 1/2 hr bus tour and another land tour (sorry don't have it infront of me. I think this is in St Maartin) and on CC glassbottom boat. We are also interested in doing the parasailing at CC but I don't want to book it due to I may want to back out of it due to money prior.

We don't get our Fed Ex's until 1 mth prior? I forgot.

Now have to buy a tux for husband from www.cheaptux.com. Other then that I have to make adjustments to my formal. I hope backless is ok for our cruise for formal night?

Scratch January is approaching:hyper:

DBMagic
11-17-2003, 07:16 AM
We got our excursion papers in the mail on Friday. They're already filled out and waiting for the 60 day mark to be faxed.

BuzzBoyMom
11-17-2003, 08:05 AM
Lisa,
My kids would be too young. When their great-grandmother died, my young one wanted to crawl into the casket to cuddle up with her while she slept. So he wasn't even able to fully comprehend a funeral. Your children are 10, 14 and 7, right? I would guage the older two by how mature they are. But if they were close to their grandmother, you might just want them to keep their happy memories.

As for the pillowcases and t shirts, I'll try to get a link in here, but I basically took white pillowcases and printed off some color iron on transfers and ironed them to the pillowcase/t-shirt. I plan on having them signed by the characters on the cruise.

More later...

BuzzBoyMom
11-17-2003, 08:31 AM
http://www.ofoto.com/BrowsePhotos.jsp?&collid=40942456705

link test - it looks like it works. These are my 2 pillow cases and then the t-shirt I also made.

disneylover5
11-17-2003, 08:42 AM
Buzz Boy Mom....won't let us see the pillowcase. I would love to see it.

I have done tee-shirts like this for my whole kids class for Teacher Appreciation week.....like "Mrs. Gilbert is the best Teacher in World" with a picture of the teachers favorite literary character. Then the kids all wear them the same day on Teacher App week....and surprise the teacher. The teachers love it so much.

I am going to Things Remembered (does anyone know tht store??) and see if I can get a pillowcase embroadered (SP???) with Mickey or something.....

Lisa

BuzzBoyMom
11-17-2003, 09:21 AM
Ok, i give up. I tried to put in a link to a yahoo group site but it requires you to log in. If anyone knows how to share pixs, let me know. Otherwise, I give up.

TheGlensideGregorys
11-17-2003, 02:01 PM
Minnybear and/or others...

We are awaiting excursion docs/pamphlets ourselves! We booked via a TA, not through DCL.

Does that make a difference on when we would see the excurison stuff?

BuzzBoyMom
11-17-2003, 02:05 PM
Kevin,
Now that I'm working with the district mgr of AAA who has been overly helpful and apologetic about my other TA problems, she said she would put in a request for an excursion package to be sent to my house. She said sometimes they don't get them at the TA office. So see if your TA can have one sent ASAP.
Karen

Minybear
11-17-2003, 07:58 PM
We booked through DU (which is our TA) and the brochures and also the doc's will come straight to us from DCL. It doesn't matter if you have a TA or not.

TheGlensideGregorys
11-17-2003, 08:32 PM
Thanks, Minybear!

I'll keep an eye out this week!

Scratch42
11-18-2003, 06:20 AM
Buzzboymom - Great Stuff! I managed to get to see both the T-shirt and pillowcases!

Regarding Excursions - I just picked off the website and told my TA which ones and hopefully she will remember to book on time!:rolleyes: Dolphin Encounter and right now can't remember the other.

I have been out of the loop for the past few days due to a bad reaction to some antibiotics my dentist perscribed for my infected tooth because of the stupid root canal! I guess it's true that you can get allergies no matter how old you get!:tongue:

Is it January yet?

Scratch
pirate:

BuzzBoyMom
11-18-2003, 09:27 AM
Sorry, but I need to vent and I know y'all will understand.

Remembe my issues with my TA. Well, I thought all that was in the past because the district manager of my AAA office decided to take over my case personally. So....she's been very helpul....really apologetic...etc.

She's been out sick with pneumonia and I really feel bad for her. BUT - get this - I gave her my credit card number to make my final payment last week and there still isn't a charge showing up.

I'm really glad that I'm checking all this, but WHAT THE HECK AM I SUPPOSED TO DO!!!! I should't have to be checking on them - it is their job.

And I know some of you are going to tell me to stay on top of this - but I AM!!! Short of sitting in her office, I'm not sure how to know for certainty that everything is being taken care of. I'm really getting scared. I can just imagine having them tell me that everything is a go and then finding out that something happens in the end.

Okay, I feel better. ... 67 more days (HOPEFULLY!!!) till my cruise!!!

TheGlensideGregorys
11-18-2003, 10:18 AM
ABSOLUTELY UNACCEPTABLE! After all that has gone on before, I can't believe that you aren't being giving updates on this. And you are right - it is NOT your job to have to double check on this. This is really, really bad customer service on their part.

I would suggest that you ask for AAA to provide you with copies of ALL confirmations and payment receipts. That way, you have any pertinent numbers. AND -- if you still feel uneasy, you can always call DCL direct with the correct numbers, etc. and double check their work.

Scratch42
11-18-2003, 10:47 AM
Her name would not happen to be Dianna?:rolleyes:

I also experienced the same kind of disaster. Phone your CC to make sure that a payment went thru. Sometimes it takes a couple of days. Get on AAA case to make sure everything is paid for! Another agent should have been looking after her accounts if she was ill. Sorry you are going thru this. This is why we use TA's so that we don't have to sweat the little details unless we want to!

This is also the reason I bought into DVC our last trip. Cannot stand incompetance(sp) when they are suppose to be specialists!

Sometimes it feels like you can't win for trying!

Make sure that the final payment goes thru, you don't want to end up losing your place on the ship!

She better give you a gooooooood TA gift for all these headaches!

Good Luck!

Scratch
pirate:

BuzzBoyMom
11-18-2003, 11:50 AM
No - her name isn't Diana. And I have called my CC - they say there has been no charge. I even called Disney (and begged the agent to help me even though I know I'm supposed to go through my TA, yady, yady, yady...) and she said she isn't seeing a final payment yet either. But she said she would note my call on the file in case there is an issue later.

Again I say - there is only so much you can do and you are at the mercy of the TA!!!!

The manager called me back and gave me the line, "Don't worry....it's 100 % taken care of....we've made the payment....it takes a couple of days...." But it has been a couple of days and no one - Disney or the CC shows anything done.

So why don't I have a warm fuzzy? I'm just glad I'm not running into this on day 61. This will be the first and only time that I'm glad I actually have 66 more days to go....gives me that extra 6 days to check and re-check.

Word to everyone else out there - PLEASE confirm everything!

I'll just sit here and think happy thoughts....Konk Koolers....sunny beaches....dinner at Palo...

Hope you are all doing well out there!!!

Scratch42
11-18-2003, 01:58 PM
Now that they know that you know and that DCL knows, all will work out! You Know!LOL

Pixie Dust is working on your side!

Scratch
pirate:

BuzzBoyMom
11-18-2003, 02:01 PM
Thanks Scratch. My troubles are nothing compared to others. I'm not going to dwell....I'm still thinking happy thoughts.

But it does feel good to vent once in a while.

mariamard
11-18-2003, 02:50 PM
THAT IS SO WRONG, AND AAA'S TIMING FOR SCREWING UP IS BAD!THERE HAS TO BE SOMEONE UNDER THE DISTRICT MNGR.?IF IT DIDNT SHOW ON YOUR CC, THEN IT WAS NOT PUT THRU. DISNEY CANT HELP? I BOOKED THRU TRAVELOCITY AND I CHECKED MY CC ACOUNT THAT NIGHT ONLINE TO MAKE SURE MY CC WAS CHARGED (I WAS NERVOUS ABOUT NOT BOOKING DIRECTLY WITH DCL). IT WAS:rolleyes: SO YOURS SHOULD HAVE DEFINATELY POSTED BY NOW. I HAD A BAD EXPERIENCE WITH AAA 5 YEARS AGO.......THEY BOOKED ME IN THE WRONG PROPERTY IN MEXICO. WHEN I WENT IN TO PAY OFF THE TRIP, I CAUGHT THE MISTAKE AND SHE HAD THE NERVE TO TRY TO CHARGE ME THE FEE TO CHANGE A RESSIE. THANK GOD I HAD THE ORIGINAL PAPERWORK IN THE CAR WITH OUR CORRECT AND ORIGINAL INFO..AND IT WASNT LIKE IT WAS A LITTLE MISTAKE.....WE WENT FROM A 5 STAR ALL INC. TO A 2 STAR IN A SEEDY NEIGHBORHOOD, NOT ON THE BEACH WITH NO ALL INC. FOR THE SAME PRICE!! :eek: I WIGGED AND THEY EVENTUALLY FIXED IT. THE MANAGER DID, ACTUALLY.SO, KEEP ON THEM AND GOOD LUCK!LET US KNOW WHAT HAPPENS...

BuzzBoyMom
11-19-2003, 11:37 AM
Somehow I'm able to laugh through this whole thing -

but today's status - still no charge on my credit card. Considering that the manager was almost indignant that I questioned their ability to charge my credit card, I hate to call.

I'm walking that line between getting my comfort/ease and really making my TA mad. And then what!

Hey AAA - I hope someone out there reads this!! Things are wrong at Central PA AAA.

aaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!
:mad: :hyper: :mad: :tongue:

dan and scott
11-19-2003, 11:56 AM
Hey guys,

Sorry I haven't been posting but my grandmother passed away the end of October!

Anyways, I am sorry to hear you are having problems with AAA, however I had a problem with AAA Ohio for our September cruise and already had next September booked with them. I am trying to have the reservation released back to me, but they will not do that without charging me. The problem I have with the charge is it is not in the contract that we have. So apparently AAA is not the way to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dan

mariamard
11-19-2003, 12:38 PM
sorry to hear about your grandmother.......:(

BuzzBoyMom
11-19-2003, 01:32 PM
Dan, My condolences. Glad you're back here with us.
Karen

Scratch42
11-19-2003, 05:09 PM
So Sorry about your Grandmother, Dan.

Scratch
pirate:

Minybear
11-19-2003, 05:58 PM
Dan, My condolences. Glad you're back here with us.:wave:

BuzzBoyMom
11-20-2003, 07:30 AM
Thought I should let you all know that I called DCL today and was told everything is okay. While the lady would not say the words "yes you are paid up."....she kept repeating, everything is okay.

So, that's all, just wanted to say thanks to all of you for listening to my woes....

And :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc we're off to DCL in 64 days!!!

QueenTrident
11-20-2003, 02:51 PM
Thanks BuzzBoyMom for inviting me!

Hi all! I'm Jenn (29) and I'll be on the cruise with you guys. DH (31) and DD (3.5) will be with me. DH is being a bit of a stick in the mud about the cruise, but DD is so excited about the "big boat." Right now, we're in room 2552 (Category 9).

I CANNOT wait for this cruise. Our life has been beyond crazy lately and we just need a break. In July, we had a house fire and lost everything. No one was hurt, but we lost all of our possessions, pictures, etc. (only 2 weeks after DD's 3rd birthday). Since then, we've been living in shelters and temporary housing. Originally, we hoped to be back in the house by Halloween, but not we'll be lucky if we're back by Christmas. So, this cruise is something we really, really need. Hopefully it'll start 2004 off right, because 2003 has been a mess. Besides the fire, this years I had chicken pox (as an adult!) and two cases of pneumonia and DD has had countless illnesses. I'll be so glad to forget this year!

Anyway, not trying to bring down this thread, just trying to show how much this cruise means to me. I'm absolutey obsessive about it! Hopefully, DH will come around. He's just as stressed as I am with work and house stuff.

Look forward to getting to know you all before actually (hopefully) meeting you all!

Jenn

PS - One more thing. I see a lot of you are staying at the Radisson. We are currently flying in on the 24th. It'll cost an extra $250 to change our flights to fly in the night before and stay at the Radisson. Do you think it's worth it? I'm worried about the weather in NJ in January, but will have a hard time convincing DH to spend the money.

dancermom
11-20-2003, 04:25 PM
Welcome aboard Jenn. I understand about the DH being a stick in the mud about the cruise. My DH hasn't cruised before, but my DD's and I tell him he will love it once he sees the ship.

DBMagic glad to see you got Desiree to parasail. Tell her I am having issues getting our cable modem hooked up at home, but Sarah will e-mail her probably the second I get it finished. She is really having a great time getting to know her before the trip.

Can't wait to book excursions. I have to rethink St Maarten, I'm having minor surgery in January and the doctor doesn't think I should be in the water with dolphins that soon after surgery, so this weekend it's back to the drawing board. Luckily we will be at the Atlantis in July so I can make it up to the girls then.

BuzzBoyMom
11-21-2003, 06:39 AM
Jenn,
So glad that you found the thread. WELCOME!!

You DEFINATELY sound like you need some pixie dust!
:wizard:

We're from PA so we also were concerned about the weather. That's why we decided to fly down the night before. Not sure it is worth $250 to make the change though.

Let us know what you do decide. We're going to have a Dis meet at the Radisson pool on Friday.

Looking forward to meeting you and your family!

Karen

DBMagic
11-21-2003, 07:11 AM
DancerMom - I didn't get Desiree to parasail, I owe that to Sarah. Desiree is having an equally great time getting to know Sarah. She checks for email 100 times a day. From the emails that I've read, your daughter sounds like a very nice young lady and I'm sure we won't be able to pry her and Desiree apart for the entire week.

I hope the surgery is very minor.

Almost 60 days and counting.

QueenTrident
11-21-2003, 07:54 AM
Hi DancerMom, hope your surgery goes well. We're not sure abou the excursions either. Which excursion in St. Maarten has the dolphins?

Hi Karen and thanks for the Pixie Dust.

We haven't decided about the Radisson yet. But, if we do decide to go the day before, it'll be very late. Dh and I won't be able to take the day off from work, so we'd be leaving Newark Airport at 7:45 pm, getting to MCO around 10:15 pm and then start off for the Port. I don't know if I should leave well enough alone and stick with our original plans or make Friday a late night, just so we're down there. Also, I'm not sure if DD will be better off on an early morning flight or a late evening flight. She'll probably sleep on the airplane in the evening, but could then be a bear for the ride to Port. How long is that ride? An hour? Any advice? I'm stressing myself out thinking about all the options/alternatives/etc.

Hi DBMagic! :wave2:

Have a great, Disney day everyone!

Jenn

DBMagic
11-21-2003, 08:03 AM
Hello QueenTrident,

The trip from MCO to the port is about 50 minutes to an hour. IMHO, I don't think getting in that late and going to the Radission is worth the extra $250. That would be a very long day for everyone.

BuzzBoyMom
11-21-2003, 08:10 AM
Now that I see the timeframe you are working with - stick with your original plans and save the $250. I would only think it would be worth it if you could get down earlier. Besides, even if you do book a late flight on Friday and the weather gets bad, then you are stuck leaving Saturday anyway.

Go with your first instinct on this whole cruise...don't second guess yourself. Just relax. Remember - there is always a second chance to do things differently ---- on your NEXT cruise!!

dancermom
11-21-2003, 08:20 AM
Queen Trident - I agree with DBMagic, I don't think the extra $250 for plane fare, and hotel costs are worth it. On our last two cruises we flew in on the day of the cruise and it worked just fine.

DBMagic - Sarah feels the same as Desiree, I hear every 5 minutes that she needs to e-mail her. I agree with what you said about the e-mails between them, Desiree sounds like exactly the kind of girl I like to see Sarah be friends with.

Yes, the surgery is minor, and in December not January like I said.

mariamard
11-21-2003, 08:32 AM
welcome queen trident!! you picked the best cruise;) and my god, do you need a vacation!!!!im with everyone else with the idea of sticking to your original plan and coming sat....$ 250 is a lot of money for really just a matter of hours.we are getting sooooo excited over here....lastnight we watched the dcl video-again and now my dh is finally getting excited. i have been trying for years to get him on a cruise. anyone have any snow??we are due to get some early next week.:earseek: dancermom-what surgery?????

QueenTrident
11-21-2003, 08:55 AM
Wow! Thanks for all of your replies. Are you all cruise veterans?

So, I think we will stay with our original plans and use the $250 toward something else (excursions or pictures!). So, my plane lands on Saturday morning at 10:26 am. Assuming all goes well and we get to the Port by noon, is that okay? Will I still be able to get spa and Palo reservations?

Mariamard - We have seen that video so many times now! It's DD's new favorite.

Anyone else with little, little ones? I'm trying to explain who will be on the boat (Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, etc), but DD keeps wanting to see people who WON'T be on the boat (Shrek, Cat in the Hat, Barney). Last year, we did a Universal/Disney trip, so I think that's why she's confused. When I told her Shrek was too big to be on the boat, she immediately said, "Then Donkey will be there. He's little." Any ideas for clarifying the situation to her? I don't want her to be disappointed.

What excursions are you guys doing? I've been trying to read the last 13 pages of posts and do a tally, but I'm kind of like Dory, in that my short-term memory stinks!

Jenn

dancermom
11-21-2003, 09:05 AM
We are getting sooooo excited too. Gracie DD5 taped pictures from our last cruise on her bedroom wall, so every time I go in her room I get more and more excited.

Queen Trident, I know about feeling like Dory, I get lost in all of the data on the pages, but have to admit I love going through them and am like a little kid when I get the e-mail that there is a new post.

mairamard, I am having sinus surgery, but also combining it with a little elective nose surgery while I'm there anyway (ha ha) A few too many episodes of extreme makeover lol!!!!!!!

We had snow flurries and cold weather last week. Luckily the temps are up a bit since we had two inches of rain earlier this week. The weekend is supposed to be nice (thank god since we are going to NYC). But by the end of next week we will be back in the 30's and 40's. Is it January yet. I am envious of everyone having the cruise as a Christmas suprise, I have to get going on the Christmas shopping. But, who has time with all of the cruise planning?

mariamard
11-21-2003, 09:30 AM
helloooooo!dancermom-good for you!!!how exciting!!!to be able to breathe AND look good;) i have been living with severe allergies so believe me- i can relate!queen trident- i have cruised twice before with carnival without hubbie(he never wanted to cruise)and love it! it is the best way to vacation! we have all girls-cecily 12 1/2, ciara 4, and olivia 3 mos.getting to the port by noonish will be fine! dont worry.now, i am returning back to doing my xmas shopping-online!:crazy:

pjpoohbear
11-21-2003, 10:55 AM
Trident Queen::wave2:

We are also arriving the morning of the cruise. How are you getting to the port?

We are using DCL, just two of us, we like the video:hyper: it is really informative and a great way to start the cruise. The big selling point was the luggage transfers. Because we are flying in the day of, DCL collects it right from the plane and takes it to the ship in a special truck! We just have to tag them before checkin @ buffalo, then the next time we get to see them will be in our stateroom. Very cool:cool: .

Look for us we will be wearing our lime green mickeys heads! ::yes::

Penny & Mom
:earsgirl: :earsgirl:

Scratch42
11-21-2003, 10:59 AM
So sorry to hear about your bad year!:(

We'll all help you forget it, at least for that week!

Ok guys, it's only like two days before excursions are due!

Well both DD and I are shuffling off to Buffalo to catch "Haunted Mansion" and then going to see Mickey, Minnie et al in Niagara Falls for the "Festival of Lights". It's our little bit of Disney Trip just to keep us under control!LOL

:hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

Have a great weekend everybody!

Scratch
pirate:

BuzzBoyMom
11-21-2003, 11:45 AM
All,
Here is the latest cruise list info.

Queen Trident - your comment about "Dory"'s memory made me realize that this list might help you. I'm trying to keep it updated so everyone can see others they may want to meet up with on th cruise.

Have a great weekend everyone

Post Name - Family Members Cruising
"Home"
Cabin
Where they will be the Night Before
Email Address

TheGlensideGregorys - Kevin, Melissa, Connor(4)
Ardsley PA
Cabin 2583
Night Before - Radisson
Email - theglensidegregorys@netzero.com

Pjpoohbear - Penny & DM
Toronto Canada
Cabin 6147
Email - penelopepoohbear@rogers.com

Suecot2000 - large group
Edgewood MD
Cabin deck 6
Night Before - Radisson

Minybear - Minybear & DH?
Tucson AZ
Cabin - 6134
Night Before - Hyatt

Mariamard - DW, DH, Cecily(13), Ciara(4), Olivia(7WEEKS), DMIL(51)
Chicago IL
Cabin - 7629, 7631

disneylover5 - The Halterman Family - Lisa, Don, Daniel(14), Annie(10), Gretchen(7); AND FRIENDS - Karen, Bill, Matt(15), Michael(14), Andrew(7)
Centreville VA
Cabin - 2530, 2528, 2532
Night before - driving down!!
Email - lisa.halterman@cexp.com

BuzzBoyMom - The Rhoad Family - Don, Karen, Eric(6), Adam(4)
Camp Hill PA
Cabin 6050
Night Before - Radisson
Email - karen.rhoad@navy.mil

TiggerPU88 - me (37), My Mom (63 -- on 1/23!) and DS (28 months)
Princeton NJ
Night Before - Mariott

Scratch42 - Janet & Tanya(12)
Toronto Canada
Cabin - 6634
Night Before Hyatt
Email - jkocur1521@rogers.com

the4nitz's - Craig, Clarry, Makenna(4), Alaina(2)
Clintonville, Wisconsin
Cabin 6058
Night Before - Holiday Inn Express
Email - nitz64@hotmail.com

DBMagic - The Santaniello Family - Anthony, Christine, Brienna (6), Desiree10).
MA
Cabin 7010
Night Before Radisson
Email - Asantaniello@InfinexGroup.com

Dan and Scott
Mansfield OH

Dancermom - The Giampietro Family - Jamie, Rob, Sarah(11) and Gracie(5)
Wilkes Barre, PA
Cabin 8080
Night Before Hyatt
Email - jamie.giampietro@ct-enterprises.com

Coach Mayo - Vickie, ????
Harrisburg PA
Night Before - MK

Minniesota - ??, Allie(12), David(10)
Eagan, Minnesota

QueenTrident - Jenn, DH, DD(3)
New Jersey
Cabin 2552
Night Before - Home

QueenTrident
11-21-2003, 01:15 PM
Here's my completed info:

QueenTrident -
Matawan, NJ
Room 2552
Home

Anyway, about excursions. I really don't know what to do. I would love to do the dolphin encounter (love, love, love), but don't want to leave DD in the Club for 7.5 hours. Also, don't want to pay $100 for her to sit on a boat.

DH loves to SCUBA Dive, so I though about signing him up for the St. Maarten dive and I'll spend time with DD and at the spa. Then, in the p.m., we could all try to go to the island and shop, or just stay on board.

I'd love to do the tram at St. Thomas, but DH is afraid of heights. I thought about sending him diving that day, but I really want to explore the island (or at least shop!) and am worried about doing it alone with DD.

We're not really beach people and I enjoy snorkeling much more than diving. DH gets bored with snorkeling.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Jenn

minniesota
11-21-2003, 01:36 PM
Hi guys - Welcome, Trident Queen!
My info (Updated):
Mary and Zeke, Allie (12) and David (10)
Eagan, Minnesota
Cabins 7600 and 7602
Night before: Hyatt

Are excursion reservations really due in two days!!?? I haven't received anything official yet. Guess I'd better get over to the DCL site. I'm in a quandry because I can't ask the kids what they want to do - Christmas surprise. Once you make a reservation, can you cancel or are you committed? Also, what are the men wearing? DH is less than enthused about "dressing up" - but I want to go to all the restaurants. Are the pre-teen girls dressing up/ what are you packing for them? Any 10 year old boys in this group? Since I started this whole planning process so late, I don't want to miss anything! So thanks for any and all advice! Mary

BuzzBoyMom
11-21-2003, 01:49 PM
Thanks Minniesota and Queen Trident, I updated the file.

Are we strange - my DH said he'd rather not do any excursions and just wing it. If we feel like getting off the ship and go sightseeing, we'll just hire a taxi....and if we feel like staying on the ship, we'll just do that. We're usually like that when it comes to vacations and since our DSs are so young they hit the age limit for many of the DCL excursions. So we just figured, go and enjoy. That's the only reason I don't have the excursion stress. Now, let's talk about shopping stress....has anyone ever tried to find water shoes for kids when it is 35 degrees outside?!

I can't believe the cruise is only 63 days away! Wow!

QueenTrident
11-21-2003, 02:08 PM
My TA just said we can start calling to book excursions on Tuesday at 8:00 et.

Minniesota - From what I understand (but I am no expert), you can cancel up to two days before the cruise.

My DH doesn't want to dress up either. Plus, we lost all his suits and my dressy clothes in the fire. Depending on the money situation, we may just skip the more formal days, if we don't have anything to wear. I just hope they're not on the day we have to go to Animator's Palate. I really want to see that restaurant! And I would love a formal picture. We got one on our honeymoon cruise (not Disney) 7 years ago.

BuzzBoy - I may just skip excursions as well (except for DH's SCUBA. There's nothing that I'm DYING to do (besides the dolphins), so maybe we'll play it by ear.

I just found out from my boss that I can have off on the 23rd. I'm working on DH to ask for same. If that's the case, I'm spending the $250 to switch our flights. It would be nice to have a day to relax. On our honeymoon cruise, I just remember the craziness of flying early, getting to the port, lugging our luggage, waiting to board, etc. By the time they took our embarkation picture, we were miserable. I worry about putting a 3 year old through that all in one day.

Aargh! I hate being indecisive!

Jenn

dancermom
11-21-2003, 02:14 PM
minniesota - DD11 Sarah will be wearing a dressy mid calf dress from Limited Too on the semi formal night, we still haven't come to terms with formal night.

DH is sporting a suit, he is def not going to do a tux. He'll be doing a sport coat no tie for semi-formal.

Have a great weekend everyone, just think it will be excursion time when we get back next week!!!:earsgirl:

mariamard
11-21-2003, 02:32 PM
ok.....almost finished shopping for xmas!anyway, buzzboymom-you are not strange! my hubbie asked if i would mind if we decide when we get there or wing it. he made a few good points with "we can watch the weather" and "what if olivia(3 ms) is having a bad day?"so, we are going to wing it, too! for formal night, i have a floor length black vevet gown and dh will wear a nice suit. semi, ill have a red calf length dress and dh a nice suit, again. he hates tuxes:rolleyes: and ciara(4) will wear a princess(aurora) gowm and a bridesmaid dress the next night. my cecily (12 1/2) will not be coming on the cruise.......long story(science fair project, perfect attendence, catholic hs entrance exam)so my mom will stay here at our home with her for 10 days :( anyway, dancermom----have a nice trip-give mickey a big smooch for me::MickeyMo ok, back to shopping.check in later!

the4nitz's
11-21-2003, 02:35 PM
As far as our family, DW and DD's are wearing nice dresses and myself will wear a coat and tie for the formal and semi formal. Nothing fancy, just comfortable. From what i ahve read and heard almost anything goes. From very fancy and formal to the other extreme. We just want to relax and have fun and not worry about what we are wearing.
As far as excursions, we are undecided. I'm sure the planned ones through DCL are great, but once the time comes and the weather is bad or you change your mind, I think you are out your moneu. We may just play it by ear and see what we feel like when we get to port. Plus we have a DD who will be 2 weeks short of 2 so this limits us.
Almost at 60 days and counting till we cruise:sunny: :sunny:

QueenTrident
11-22-2003, 09:48 PM
So, DH and I talked about it and decided to spend the money to come down the day before. We're taking the 2:15 flight out of Newark and should arrive at MCO at 5:00. Barring any delays, that'll give us plenty of time to get to the Radisson, have a nice dinner and get plenty of sleep.

I think 2:15 was a good compromise - not too early/rushed in the morning and not too late/tired in the evening. Now I just have to keep my fingers crossed that the Blizzard of '04 doesn't happen on January 23 (or 22 or 21, just to be safe).

Hope you are all have a great weekend!

the4nitz's
11-23-2003, 06:19 PM
BuzzBoyMom have you looked on ebay for water shoes. I called Disney & got our confirmation# yesterday so we are ready to book our excursions on Tuesday. We are supposed to get snow tomorrow. I guess winter is here, can't wait for the crusie.
::MinnieMo ::MinnieMo ::MinnieMo ::MickeyMo

tinkerbell4
11-24-2003, 09:19 AM
This is our 1st cruise! Daughter 13, Son 9 anyone else have
kids these ages? :sunny:

DBMagic
11-24-2003, 09:40 AM
Welcome aboard.

If you look upwards on this page you'll see that BuzzBoyMom has a list of everyone's info.

minniesota
11-24-2003, 12:41 PM
Hey Tinkerbell4- Welcome aboard! We have a 12 1/2 year old DD and our DS will turn 10 in December. Glad to see a boy around his age on board.

TheGlensideGregorys
11-24-2003, 01:49 PM
Glad to have you on board! By the way, you'll see that there are a lot of PA folks on this cruise! When are you going down - and if you're going down before the cruise, where are you staying?
:sunny:

tinkerbell4
11-24-2003, 02:04 PM
Hi,
I'm so new and inexperienced at this please bear with me!
We are leaving on the 23rd and staying overnight at the
Radisson. Thanks for contacting me!

Scratch42
11-24-2003, 06:07 PM
Tinkerbell, no need to frett, we are here to help in any way, shape or form!

Most of us are new to the 7 day cruise and this is the best way to find out everything that you need to know! So feel free to ask away!

BTW, to save you some reading time

DISMeet, Sunday, January 25, 2004 at the Promenade Lounge @3:30 p.m. It's also a surprise for DD who will be turning 12 just to let her know that her mom still can "Pull a Mickey out of her sleeves!"

Do you know which cabin you have?

Is it January yet? 'Cause it sure feels like it! Yesterday it was 64, today feels like -64! UGH!

Scratch
pirate:

Minybear
11-24-2003, 07:16 PM
Hi everyone. Don't forget you can start booking your excursions tomorrow morning:tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue:.

Scratch its almost January, but not quite:(. We have 61 days until we are on the ship:teeth:.

Hi tinkerbell4. Welcome to our sailing.:wave2:

Minybear :moped:

QueenTrident
11-25-2003, 12:12 AM
Hi Tinkebell4! Welcome! I'm a DCL newbie too. We can learn together!

Minybear - Thanks for the reminder. Now I need to remember tomorrow morning!

Scratch - Didn't know about the Dismeet! Thanks for reposting it (I must have missed it in the numerous pages!)

Well, I should head to bed. It's after 1:00 a.m. and I have a long day ahead of me tomorrow. I just keep thinking about this cruise and I get so excited, I can't sleep! I actually dreamed yesterday that we were upgraded to a Cat 7, with a verandah. I was in heaven, until I woke up! :(

Good night, all.

Jenn

Scratch42
11-25-2003, 05:08 AM
Which means only 60 DAYS OUT! Which means closer to January!

::yes:: ::yes:: ::yes::

Scratch
pirate:

minniesota
11-25-2003, 05:27 AM
Hey Scratch 42, you're up early! I've been awake since 4:30 - still wondering what to do about excursions today. Since I can't ask the kids, I'm sort of ata loss as what to book. What are you planning? Also, can you make more than one ressie for the same day/timeframe and then drop one later? I'm not sure about the dolphin encounter - the kids would think it's cool sounding, but it's kind of pricey and I have read some very lukewarm reviews. What else would be fun for DD-12 and DS-10??? Is it cold in Toronto? Man, we had a dump of snow this weekend and the wind chills are way below zero this week! Only 60 days!!!

Minybear
11-25-2003, 06:23 AM
Scratch you are up early. You have something to do this morning:hyper:?

My fax is all ready and as soon as I get to work ( 1hr and 15 min) I will immediately fax my excursion request form. I would call but I hate to be on the phone. I guess I am ready:hyper:.

Ok 60 days until our cruise.:teeth:

Minybear

QueenTrident
11-25-2003, 06:35 AM
Twenty-five minutes til excursion time! :tongue:

I had another night of not sleeping because I kep having nightmares of missing the ship, forgetting to set up spa reservations and not knowing the difference between aft and forward.

I'm weird, I know. But, I'm going to need a vacation from this vacation planning soon. Say, maybe in 60 days?

Hope you all get what you want today! :smooth:

the4nitz's
11-25-2003, 06:43 AM
Morning everyone. I am all set to fax in the excursion sheet as soon as I get to work in 1 hour. It is cold here, light dusting of snow only, but cold temps & wind. Because our 2 DD our small we are limited what excursions we can do. I wish it was January all ready.

TheGlensideGregorys
11-25-2003, 07:25 AM
Well, while we are probably more inclined to "make our own way" on the islands, DW will be celebrating her B-Day at sea (1/28). Soooo... I did book the Anguilla Dolphin Encounter for her just now. Very nice folks over there, answered any questions I had! I'm sure we may look over some activities for St. Thomas, or maybe even in St. Martin for DS and I. But at least DW is booked for her suprise Dolphin Encounter. How about the rest of you -- what are you looking at? Karen -- are you folks doing anything (keeping in mind the kids)? With Connor in mind, it's tough to find something that he is eligible for, or would enjoy!

DBMagic
11-25-2003, 08:26 AM
We just received our fax confirmation for the Dolphin Encounter for the entire family and DD(10) and I are going parasailing on CC. WoooHoooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now I'm REALLY excited

DBMagic
11-25-2003, 08:27 AM
DancerMom - What time are you and Sarah going to parasail? We're scheduled at 10:30 am.

dancermom
11-25-2003, 08:34 AM
Sarah and I are confirmed parasailing at 10:30!!!!!!! I needed that we had our first inch of snow last night and it is cold today. So much for the 60's we had over the weekend.

Also got Sarah a long black velvet dress at the American Girl Store, and we also got the mathching doll dress. At least one family member will have clothes on.

Is it January yet???????

dancermom
11-25-2003, 08:37 AM
DBMagic - Sarah will be totally psyched that Desiree is parasailing at the same time.

Let Desiree know that our new PC has shipped and Sarah will be up and running by Thanksgiving. Our cable modem is starting to cost me a lot.

tinkerbell4
11-25-2003, 08:41 AM
Ok, I'm worried. Everyone is scheduling their excersions.
We have not yet received our info. from our travel agent,
although she says it's coming. What are the best things to
do? I do know what is available. My DD is 13 and will want
to do everything and my DS is 9, and DH will do whatever. DD and DS do not know about
this cruise, and I'm dying to tell them. Any suggestions on how
to do this in a special way? Maybe at Christmas?:sunny:

Minybear
11-25-2003, 09:11 AM
YAHOOO:tongue:. Got my fax back from DCL. I got all my excursions that I wanted and the times I wanted. What a good way to start the day :hyper:.

QueenTrident
11-25-2003, 09:16 AM
I talked to the very nice people at DCL this morning and booked our excursions. We'll all be doing the 8:15 See and Sea at St. Maarten and DH is booked for a certified SCUBA Dive at St. Thomas. Other than that, we're going to play it by ear.

Tinkerbell4 - Your TA should at least be able to give you your confirmation number. You need this when booking excursions. You can get excursion info from disneycruise.com or dcltribute.com. Christmas is a good idea to tell your kids. Maybe have a letter from Mickey or Minnie, inviting them to be on the cruise. Or, order the video from disneycruise.com and wrap that up for them.

What type of clothes do you think we'll need in January? Short? Pants? I'm looking at some dresses, but everything is velvety and wintery. Has anyone done a January cruise before to know if short sleeves or longs sleeves are in order?

the4nitz's
11-25-2003, 09:20 AM
Great news,

We called DCL and got right through at 8:00am and booked our excursions. We got what we wanted and the times. With the temps below freezing right now and windchills in the single digits, we can't wait till we can cruise. Hope everybody gets the excursions they want.

tinkerbell4
11-25-2003, 09:45 AM
Originally posted by QueenTrident
I talked to the very nice people at DCL this morning and booked our excursions. We'll all be doing the 8:15 See and Sea at St. Maarten and DH is booked for a certified SCUBA Dive at St. Thomas. Other than that, we're going to play it by ear.

Tinkerbell4 - Your TA should at least be able to give you your confirmation number. You need this when booking excursions. You can get excursion info from disneycruise.com or dcltribute.com. Christmas is a good idea to tell your kids. Maybe have a letter from Mickey or Minnie, inviting them to be on the cruise. Or, order the video from disneycruise.com and wrap that up for them.

What type of clothes do you think we'll need in January? Short? Pants? I'm looking at some dresses, but everything is velvety and wintery. Has anyone done a January cruise before to know if short sleeves or longs sleeves are in order?

Thank you QueenTrident, Do you know how I would go about
getting a letter from Mickey or Minnie? Great Idea. We do have
the video. Also, yesterday I saw where DC posted their info.
Can you tell me where I do this? Thanks!

QueenTrident
11-25-2003, 10:49 AM
Maredith - You can go to the postcard thread on the main DCL forum and request a postcard. Or, you can write it yourself. I'm sure there are stores with Mickey/Minnie Paper. Type it up and then sign it in big flowery language. (Or download the Mickey font to type the letter - search google for it).

Here's one. There may be better ones out there. http://www.momscorner4kids.com/fonts/mickey.htm

BuzzBoyMom
11-25-2003, 01:52 PM
Hi Everyone!!! I've been so busy with work and home stuff that I'm going through some serious DIS withdrawl. I've really missed everyone.

Welcome Tinkerbell. I'll add you to the list.

As for the postcards,
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=460127
this thread will link you to some really nice disers who will send your kids a postcard. Ours actually came from the port. It was wonderful!!!!

If you are interested in the excursions, go out on the disney website and read about the excursions.

Let us know if we can be of any other help.

Are my eyes deceiving me or are there really only 59 DAYS!!!

[SIZE=4]YYEEEAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!![SIZE=1]

It is amazing how the time flies when you're away from the boards for a while. All I know is that I have some serious shopping to do - both for Christmas AND this Cruise.

Take Care All!!!

ps - kevin - I agree with how hard it is to find an excursion for the little ones. If my DS was only 1 year older, we could do some. That's another reason we are just going to wing it. This way we can either stay on the ship and really get to enjoy it OR see how we feel about going to a beach or walking around town on one of the islands. But yes, that age 4 is a killer.....but hey I'll make the best of it and hang out at the pool with him. Whatever we do will be great and I can't wait!

the4nitz's
11-25-2003, 05:44 PM
Excursions:

Our DD's are 4 and 2, so we are taking them on the St. Maarten Island Tour & Butterfly farm, the St. John Island tour, & the Glass bottom boat at Castaway Cay. These are ones they could go on.

Disney will tell you which ones the youngers kids can go on.

I wish it was January.

minniesota
11-26-2003, 06:26 AM
Another step in the planning process completed - we decided to do the dolphin excursion, Atlantis submarine and parasailing for DD and DH. I'd really like to introduce the kids to snorkeling, though. Was thinking about the Five Star St. John's snorkel but DH thought DS might be a bit leary so we went with the submarine. Anyone know if there are good snorkeling beaches in St. Thomas that we could try on or own? Or how about Castawy Cay - any info on snorkeling there?

And now on to shopping...I told DD-12 we needed to go through her summer clothes since I had arranged for a clothing donation pick-up this week. Remember, she doesn't know about the cruise. So she tells me that NONE of her shorts fit and I, being a mom to an almost teen girl, thought "Riiigghhtt." But she's right - only 1 pair fits! Where am I going to find shorts in Minnesota this time of the year? Any ideas? Any good websites?

Finally, Happy Thanksgiving to all of you. I know we have alot to be thankful for and I hope your day/weekend are full of good times with families and friends!

BuzzBoyMom
11-26-2003, 07:04 AM
Thanks Minniesota!

I'd also like to wish everyone a Happy, Healthy and Safe Thanksgiving!

We are so blessed in this amazing world!

Karen

dancermom
11-26-2003, 07:17 AM
I'd lalso like to wish everyone a happy and safe Thanksgiving. We have so much to be thankful for, and unfortunately take so much for granted.

4Nitz's - we did the butterfly farm tour in 2000 when DD was 2 and really liked it. The tour is very informative and fun.

Have a great Thanksgiving everyone!!!!!