PDA

View Full Version : Need Help....?? RE:Castaway Cay

cruiserkelli
09-19-2003, 03:45 PM
Hi all;
I'm gonna pick your brains and ask for some help. Here is my tale of woe:
I sailed on the Magic the first year she was out and when I went to Castaway Cay I bought a great souvenir in the gift shop on the island. It was a drinking glass/tumbler made of heavy plastic. It was clear and had the Castaway Cay logo on it in very bright colors. It was my favorite glass (many happy memories wrapped up in it) and I used it every day. Sadly, I no longer have it as my lovely, adorable, new puppy ate it! I am not kidding....he chewed big chunks out of it and it was destroyed. I have been searching the internet and ebay hoping to find a replacement but I've had no luck.
To anyone who has been to Castaway Cay recently or anyone who reads this that works for Disney...here's what I'm wondering: Does anyone know if they still have this glass and if so...is there any way I can get one? I'm willing to pay for the glass and the cost of sending it to me....if I can just locate one.
My trip on the Magic was not my first cruise (or my last, having been on 30+) but it was the most important cruise of my life...my mom and I made friends with a couple who lived 30 minutes from our home and kept in touch with them afterwards. They in turn introduced me to a friend of theirs; romance followed and we are now married! My cruise on the Magic has much sentimental value to me and that is why the cup is so important.
So for all of you romantics out there....can you help me out? P.S. - Did I mention that both my husband and I are 40 years old and this was the first marriage for each of us and we just got married in November? We waited a long time for the right one to come along! Thank goodness for the Magic! Hope someone can help. Thanks, Kelli :D

BeanoC
09-19-2003, 04:00 PM
Well, I'll be on CC in a couple of weeks, so I can try to help you.
Disney seems to change their merchandise fairly often, so it might not exist anymore. Do you have a picture of it anywhere??

Let me know...

'Beano':cool:

AnnMorin
09-19-2003, 04:03 PM
I printed out your description and if you don't have one by 12/13 when we go I will look for one for you! What a great story! If they have it I will buy it and ship it out to you. Ann

Cindyluwho
09-19-2003, 04:35 PM
I have a few different styles of glasses from the Disney Cruise and Castaway Cay and lo and behold I'm moving soon and need to cut back on stuff to pack. Can you describe the glass you need? I have one in front of me: white cup, approx 8-10 " tall, with a wraparound picture of Castaway Cay (yellow sand, blue water and sky and yellow sun with dark blue palm tree) oh, and the ship of course. It looks like new. Is that the one you need? You can pm me if you'd like or just post back here.

Cindyluwho
09-19-2003, 04:38 PM
Now I'm looking at the other one I have. This ones clear, with the Disney cruise line logo on it (only on one side). It's almost like a, oh I don't know, it has a base and thick stem and "cut crystal" look to the bottom 1/3. Am I being any help at all?:rolleyes:

cruiserkelli
09-19-2003, 04:47 PM
Thanks beano; ann and cindylowho.....you guys are great....and also verandahman too. I don't have a photo of the glass. It was clear, thick plastic...not real heavy and it had the Castaway Cay logo on it but not the Disney Cruise Line logo. It was a regular tumbler type glass; round and tall....maybe about 6-8" tall. I think it held about 20 ounces of liquid. After washing it a bit, the plastic got kind of scratched up so it wasn't so clear anymore. Cindy...it doesn't sound like either of the ones you described. I appreciate all of you helping me. If any or all of you find one I will gladly buy it from you...if I get more than one that is okay....still have the puppy and he still chews....can't hurt to have a back-up! Thanks again, Kelli (and Kodi - the chewer)