PDA

View Full Version : Just back!! 9/14 Wonder

feenie
09-18-2003, 08:27 PM
We just got home! We had a great trip and great weather!! Everything was wonderful! I will post more later!
:D
Oh yeah, booked again for 11/13/04 cruise on the Magic!

CRSNDSNY
09-18-2003, 08:50 PM
Welcome home!

1 - What did you think of Golden Mickeys?
2 - Because of Isabel, what days were you at which Island? Did you make it to Nassau? Did you have Castaway Cay first?

KYCruiseCrazy
09-18-2003, 09:37 PM
feenie,
i hoped you enjoyed the cruise. i see you booked your next cruise that im going on. maybe we DISers can get together and chat on the magic

:)
can wait to see your posts
thanks
john

feenie
09-19-2003, 07:46 AM
Originally posted by CRSNDSNY
Welcome home!

1 - What did you think of Golden Mickeys?
2 - Because of Isabel, what days were you at which Island? Did you make it to Nassau? Did you have Castaway Cay first?

Golden Mickeys was AWESOME!!! Of the three shows it was our favorite!
We went to Castaway Cay on the first day, then Nassau, then our day at sea. We only saw a little rain on the very last night after the sun went down!

John,
We should plan on having a meet! It was neat to meet the people that we had been talking to for months!

disneydreamer1970
09-19-2003, 07:20 PM
I am so glad that you had a wonderful time and we are booked on the 11/13/04 cruise as well!!!!!

Cruisingmama
09-20-2003, 12:10 AM
I am so glad you had a great time. This is going to be my second Disney cruise but dh first. He is going to love it. We are going to be on the same cruise as you .We are from Me. DD , dsinlaw ,dgc and cousins are going. I know everyone will have a wonderful time.:) :bounce: :Pinkbounc

PamCo88
09-20-2003, 01:53 AM
Help!! Wondering what shows were which nights? trying to plan the Ressi rush before getting on ship.

Thanks

feenie
09-20-2003, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by PamCo88
Help!! Wondering what shows were which nights? trying to plan the Ressi rush before getting on ship.

Thanks

on our cruise it was Disney Dreams then a comedian, then Hercules then the Golden Mickeys!

It looks like there will be plenty of us to keep each other company while we count down the next 14 or so months!!

mdvasquez
09-20-2003, 11:30 AM
What movies are currently showing on board?
Thanks!
Dena

mdvasquez
09-20-2003, 11:32 AM
Can you tell me what movies are currently showing on board?
Thanks.
Dena

justmestace
09-20-2003, 01:07 PM
I didn't keep my list of movies, so the only 3 that I remember are Finding Nemo, Pirates of the Caribbean, and Open Range.
The movie theater, by the way, was freezing , so take a sweater!
Weather was fantastic!!!!

feenie
09-20-2003, 02:37 PM
Originally posted by mdvasquez
What movies are currently showing on board?
Thanks!
Dena

Also Holes was playing. I agree that the theater was cold! I think it was the only place on board where it was that chilly!

scrappy910
09-21-2003, 12:42 AM
Some of the other movies were: Freaky Friday, Spy Kids, Lizzie McGuire, and Bringing Down the House.

We just got home this evening. Went to WDW after the cruise. I am ready for some rest!

Carol

justmestace
09-21-2003, 12:54 AM
Carol, I taked to Megan tonight, they're having a great time. Was it you that she ran in to?? It is a small world after all.

fireplug
09-21-2003, 01:53 PM
HI Gang!
We have been so DARN busy for three days this is my first chance to post. We had a SUPER time meeting all the Dissers and their families. Stacey glad to hear the "honeymoon" is going well so far.
We need to start a thread somewhere to keep us all in touch. Either here or on the community board. Any 9/14 'ers who read this let me know what you think.

Steve

justmestace
09-21-2003, 07:03 PM
Of course, count me in!! I will want to know how the football games are going, and what everyone is doing to get past the post-cruise blues. Is anyone else still "rocking"? I think it has finally quit today.
It was great to meet everyone. Wish we'd had a week, to get us all together again. The moment Gail & Carol walked up to me in the terminal, I knew exactly who they were, and it felt like we knew each other already.
Let's keep in touch!!
Stacey
P.S. Already booked a trip to Disneyland at Christmas...DH is not too excited....sees the $$ signs, you know. We'll have to work on him.

#1Mouse
09-21-2003, 07:46 PM
Count us in too!!!!! We had a great time!!!!!

We saw Freaky Friday on the ship and Stacey is right it is FREEZING in the theatre!!!!!

There was alot of hype for the Golden Mickeys Show. On Wednesday they put a sticker on the mirror over the desk in each of the rooms about it and all the crew were wearing Golden Mickey Buttons all during the day. It was a cute show but........Disney Dreams is still my favorite!!!

Stacey, it was me who ran into Megan, outside of the Magic Kingdom. I didn't know they were going there after the cruise, so I was surprised to see her standing there.

Time to go and unpack.

Gail

ps21061
09-21-2003, 10:46 PM
I'd like to keep the momentum going! It was fun to see everyone at the BOARD MEETING at Sail-Away. We may not all be together again on the next cruise, but we've got some great memories of the "hurricane cruise," and some friendships too good to lose. We can keep each other updated as we do cruise again - maybe even plan a reunion some place, some day. I'm still learning to navigate the boards, so please let me know where to find the new thread if one is started.

Stacie, thanks again for inviting us to watch the wedding - it was beautiful and Megan looked so happy - even after the banana boat rides. Hope you are getting some rest from your vacation.

Gail, sorry we didn't connect again after sail-away.

Everyone in our group had a terrific time. Wanda was very happy that she decided to go. We were all pleased with the Radisson at the Port and with Happy Limo. Each gal is ready to cruise again! I highly recommend one of the "secret porthole" rooms: 5020, 5022, 5520, 5522. The obstruction is minimal and you get a cat 8 at a cat 10 price. Avoid 5024 and 5524 if possible - much greater obstruction.

Before we left home our families and friends were worried about us going into harm's (Isabel's) way, even suggesting that we cancel. The irony was that we cruisers fared just fine, but our families and friends in MD were in the hurricane's path! Fortunately they suffered no serious losses... just trees and branches down, power out for up to three days, some flooded basements and lots of yard debris. BWI lost power and was shut down for a day so we had to spend an extra day in FL (sigh).

Looking ahead: DH and I are now booked on the 10/09/04 Western Magic. Just couldn't resist that $200 cabin credit and the lure of the sea - Disney style.

WONDER-ful memories to all,
Susan :wave:

Marshmelo
09-22-2003, 02:31 PM
Hi Everyone! It was nice putting some faces with names. I know I didn't talk to any of you much except to say hi, but I'm just really shy. I had a great time on my first cruise and would definitely go again. I actually got engaged on the last night of the cruise! I'm so excited! He took me out on the top deck to the back of the ship after our Palo's meal and got down on his knee (of course that had to be the night there was lightning....it was still romantic). So, now I am not so depressed coming back home. I have a wedding and a honeymoon to plan! Yes, Stacey, I am still rocking. I left work early today as a matter of fact because it was so bad. I hope it stops soon. I was pretty good until I was at my desk trying to get some work done and it got worse than ever. I'm glad to hear the wedding went well and hope all of you had a wonderful time!

Melody

feenie
09-22-2003, 03:00 PM
Originally posted by Marshmelo
Hi EveryoneI'm just really shy. I actually got engaged on the last night of the cruise

Melody

Congratulations!!! That is very exciting! Have you set a date yet?

Don't worry about being shy! I am just as bad. I almost chickened out and didn't show, but I made myself and I am glad I did!
:D

Marshmelo
09-22-2003, 03:06 PM
Thanks! For the wedding date, we're thinking about next October. That gives me just over a year to plan it. I definitely want it outside, so I'm trying to find some pretty places here in Indianapolis. I also know that I want to go to Hawaii for the honeymoon. :)

justmestace
09-22-2003, 03:55 PM
Congratulations Melody!!!! :Pinkbounc
We were at Palo on te last night, too....sorry I missed the proposal, I bet it was sooo romantic! How "wonder"ful for you!
My friends and I agreed that the rocking was worse when we sat down. Not that I've done much of it so far, until today when I had to go back to the office.
I've been slowly copying and printing pictures. I took some to Eckerd's and had them do them...getting lazy!
Susan, thank you so much for being there, it meant a lot to me, and to Megan...she thought that was so nice of you. I had such fun, seemed like every time I turned around, one or another of your group was there. It's so much fun to actually know people around the ship! (Except when you're wet and yukky from swimming).
Gail, Megan and Pete got back last night (I actually hated sending my grand-puppy back to them!)...they stayed at the AKL and had a savannah view (thank you, Mom) and said it was fantastic.
Megan didn't get sick on the parasailing....she loved it!! Peter got sick after it, tho...we thought that was funny since we would have bet money that it would be Megan. She did fall off the banana boat, tho. We had the last ride of the day, so we were out there at least 3 times longer than usual, and I think the drivers were trying to dump us on purpose...they kept going around in circles, making big waves! We had a blast!!
Gotta run, heading for the gym. I didn't gain any weight on the cruise, but haven't lost any either!
Talk to you later,
Stacey

fireplug
09-23-2003, 05:25 PM
Okay gang send me a PM or an email and I will start the ball rolling on a keep in touch thread

Steve

jillte
09-28-2003, 02:35 PM
Wow...what a week!

We had a great time on the cruise - it was nice seeing you all at sailaway! Sorry didn't get to hook up the rest of the trip - was trying to get my daughter to like the Oceaneers Club, but she wanted to stay with us. So, spent most of our time at the Mickey pool with her. I thought the counselors were great, but Kalea didn't understand the first night that she could tell them when she wanted to leave, so we picked her up at night and she was crying quietly on a mat with all the kids watching movies. She felt abandoned and I felt guilty. We tried a couple more times with mixed results. I think she would have liked it if I just left her there during activities and she acclimated on her own, but didn't want to have such stress while on vacation. Oh, well...maybe when she's older.

DH was impressed with food & service...I enjoyed Golden Mickeys. We had Palo on Tues night. In-laws also enjoyed it. They said a 4-nighter was perfect for them (couldn't convince them to do a 7-nighter).

Castaway Cay was great - I think we saw Stacey's daughter after they got married - was she in a golf cart?

We went to WDW after and stayed until 9/23 - my first time there and enjoyed it, though the heat & humidity were tough. Loved MGM Studios...can see why Walt bought all that land. It was weird to go to the Magic Kingdom and just see trees all around - Disneyland has the 5 Freeway in back and motels surrounding it. We loved Blizzard Beach and would go there for 2 days - I think that revitalized us on the trip.

All in all, it was great. It was fun, though maybe not as relaxing as I hoped. But that may be part of the challenge of vacationing with a 4-yr old.

Glad to see and hear that you all had a great time! Thanks again for all the tips and info - it helped tremendously!

jill

justmestace
09-28-2003, 09:01 PM
Jill, yes, that was Megan and Pete. We had been told that there was to be another wedding that day, but there wasn't. Just hers. They did the parks afterward also, and said it was hot.
Disney of any kind is NEVER a relaxing vacation. Might as well get used to that idea right now. After 21 years of doing it with kids (and still have the 13 & 10 yr olds) we know now that we have to always plan a grown-up relaxing trip after Disney. It does get somewhat better as they get older....you can ditch them for some "quiet" time occasionally.

jillte
09-29-2003, 11:03 AM
Stacey,

Thanks for the advice! Yes, this cruise was quite a bit different from the first one I took 10 years ago. Was single then and had the freedom to choose what I wanted to do (which was pretty much nothing - just veg). But this trip was still fun. I'm sure the day will come (sooner than I probably want) when the kids will ditch me.

You're right - Disney is NOT relaxing. I always thought Disneyland wasn't too rough, since I lived 10 minutes away and the weather was pretty good. Just wasn't used to the FL humidity which seems to sap my energy. And, I have to say that leaving the Magic Kingdom is difficult. That monorail/ferryboat set-up seems to be a bottleneck. But even with the challenges, I think I'm hooked on WDW, too.

I'm glad we got to see your daughter. We were standing by the shops in Castaway Cay when we say the golf cart roll right by us with the bride & groom. We all cheered for them! Congrats again on the wedding - it looks like everything turned out perfect!

Back to reality now...sigh...

jill