PDA

View Full Version : Still Here, So Far......

jgalecpa
09-18-2003, 08:30 PM
Isabelle has knocked the lights out of 1/2 the people in VA and many here in the MD suburbs of DC.

But for some reason, my street still has power. Cable's out but DSL still works.

We usually are the first to go out in the smallest storm and the last to come back. (Probably because I finally broke down and bought a generator.)

So far we are here and safe.

Check in again soon.

Jim

Michelle
09-18-2003, 08:42 PM
Jim, I was just reading about the power outages! Glad you still have power.

Stay safe!

hawkrn
09-18-2003, 08:52 PM
Jim-I saw Ocean City on the news! Looks like maybe more rain tonight? You should have bought that generator a long time ago! 3 months from today we go to WDW Pre-xmas cruise! No hurricanes then!

jgalecpa
09-18-2003, 09:29 PM
We are in a calm between arms of the cylcone right now.

We have some wind (about 25-35) but no rain at the moment.

The girls and I just went out for a look-see.

Incredibly warm out. Very tropical.

Leaves, branches down everywhere.

Heard Ocean City is having minor flooding and a small tornado was spotted outside of town earlier.

Everyone is holding tight.

Jim

Buckaroo's Dad
09-18-2003, 09:44 PM
Everyone is holding tight.

Jim - what are you holding tight???...

Mjasp
09-18-2003, 10:09 PM
Jim, stay safe and keep us informed. I think the brunt is over now.

Joanna

brack
09-18-2003, 11:27 PM
I work for The Salvation Army and lived in the DC area for 13 years. We have been praying for all of you over there. Many of my friends are out in their canteens tonight serving food and drinks.

Buckaroo's Dad
09-19-2003, 12:33 AM
Hi brack.

Annette`s 50th Birthday "Back-to-Back" cruise

So I guess you could say Annette is going on "brack-to-brack" cruises...

Grumpy's Mom
09-19-2003, 05:48 AM
Jim - good to hear! We've been watching the Weather Channel most of the day, and saw broadcasts from OC several times - hope you had your boat dry docked!!

I talked with Ginny several times yesterday, but haven't heard from her since early afternoon.

Did the light turn a strange color just before she hit? When Hugo came through Columbia (around midnight), earlier in the day, about mid afternoon everything outside had an eery dark green tinge to it as she approached.

Have you moved your mother yet? I hope she was in familiar surroundings by the time her namesake arrived.

Hope you don't have too much of a mess to clean up today -- thanks for keeping us posted. (Smart man to buy a generator - one of my gfs called me yesterday - lives in Woodstock, MD - had to drive to Harrisburg, PA on Tuesday to finally find a generator!

Bonnie