PDA

View Full Version : Just saw Philharmagic...

eeyorefanatic
09-18-2003, 07:50 PM
And it is imho the BEST 3-D movie on property. The animation was so sharp as were the 3d effects.

I was allowed to watch a CM preview Wednesday afternoon and the theater was only 1/2 full. The interior is very niceley done and there is even a hidden mickey on the theater facade :)

The movie is funny and entertaining featureing some of Disney's best loved characters and music.

I think this ride will be a hit for the whole family. I'd be happy to answer questions if anyone has any.

I have photos from the gift shop which I hope to have up in the next few days :bounce:

mickey1010
09-19-2003, 12:50 AM
Just curious, Is there a preshow?

Not a lot of detail necessary in your answer, I'll be there in just over a month to see it!

Thanks!

kenman
09-19-2003, 08:07 AM
Wow can't wait to see your pictures!
Any good merchandise in the shop! beach towel, hats etc?

IWANNAGOBACK!
09-19-2003, 11:06 AM
I'll be there in two weeks!! I have a 3yr old and 7yr old will they like it ? (probably a dumb question is it really a ride??!):o

crusader
09-19-2003, 03:36 PM
eeyorefanatic -

do you happen to know how long the show is?

eeyorefanatic
09-19-2003, 04:32 PM
I think the show was about 20 minutes but to be honest I was so excited to get to go I didn't think to time it. There was no preshow but it was a cast preview so they might add one later.

I think kids (and everyone else) will love it and the official opening date is the 8th I think. There was some cute merchandise from the show and characters featured in it.

Goog'n'Giz
09-20-2003, 05:13 AM
Hi, we are going to florida on the 24th Sept and leaving on 8th Oct, so will miss the official opening of Philarmagic. Do you know of any soft opening (and explain what these are). How do we go about trying to see this amazing show before the opening date.

Would be so unfair to miss it by a day.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Thanks Glenda :p

daber
09-23-2003, 11:53 AM
Just got back and saw the show and agree it will be a hit. As for seeing it before the opening, every time you pass by, ask the CM standing outside if they are allowing guests in for a preview, or when they might be doing so. You never know when they will take it down for adjustments, or when they will bring it back up.

ccbob
09-30-2003, 10:55 AM
I was lucky enough to see this show last week during a preview. You will not be disappointed! This will become a classic. Loved every mintue of it.

dizny4us
09-30-2003, 08:45 PM
Another thumbs up here! We saw it on Sunday and loved it! My kids (11, 8, 5, and 3) thought it was great!

lenshanem
10-05-2003, 07:35 PM
3 year old liked it, too? Good to know! :)

jscharf
10-05-2003, 08:17 PM
I was so happy we got to see this show. I loved it.

IndianaDVCMember
10-07-2003, 11:49 AM
We were lucky enough to see it too. 3-D technology has come a long way in a short time. We really like Muppetvision, but we were amazed by Philharmagic. This is one's a winner.

DebbieB
10-08-2003, 12:50 PM
I saw it last Sunday, loved it! :D

The theater is large, the show is only about 10 minutes (according to the cm in front), so it should turn over crowds fast. Fastpass is also available. There is a holding area inside before you go in, not really a "preshow".

Lesley
10-08-2003, 02:19 PM
We saw this Saturday and Sunday....there were never bad waits for standby, and the FastPass times were usually within a hour or so of getting the FastPasses. Its really cute and we all liked it (kids are 8yo and 3yo).

I'm wondering if its such an efficient mover of people (from wait in line to exiting the show...) that it doesn't really get much of a line, or if it was just because people didn't realize it was open (despite the fact that it was obviously open!). Everything else in Fantasyland was a very long wait....even IASW had a 15-30 min wait every time we went past.

Its a nice little 3D movie with some really good parts....though I found the scents they used kind of icky...smelling like cheap air freshener or something. I'm pregnant though, and I'm really picky about smells...so don't take my word for it.