PDA

View Full Version : Turned down an Upgrade for Wonder Sep 28

raisin64
09-18-2003, 06:18 PM
Disney called me yesterday to inform me of an upgrade from a Cat 7 to Cat 4 on my Sept 28 Wonder cruise. I politely Thanked
the CM, but told them since I am doing a back to back and would prefer the same cabin for the whole cruise I wanted to stick to
my Cat 7 Nav Ver ( which I like better then the regular ones).
I am also traveling SOLO so no need for the extra room. They were very surprised that I did not want the upgrade, but I am glad they called instead of surprising me at the Port.

Pixie Dust to a DISBoard member on my cruise I hope someone
else got it

Michelle
09-18-2003, 07:44 PM
Wow! :) Maybe they would have upgraded you for both cruises. ;)

Enjoy those back to back cruises! :sunny:

KYCruiseCrazy
09-18-2003, 07:58 PM
wow now thats a first. i dont think i would have turned down a cat 4 but since your going solo i guess its cool

AnnMorin
09-19-2003, 06:06 AM
Wow! I bet the CM fell out of her chair when you said no thanks!
Have a great cruise... Back to back must be neat!

CRenze
09-19-2003, 08:38 AM
WOW! An upgrade turned down, that had to be a first. That was so thoughtful of you to turn down your upgrad since you were traveling solo, allowing someone else to receive pixie dust!
I won't be getting that upgrade because I'm going in November but Thank you for the person who got yours.

Cindy

iluvdisney
09-19-2003, 09:11 AM
We'll be on that cruise also raisin - look for the green ribbons - there's a few of us that will be on board!

lynn71092
09-19-2003, 09:14 AM
My niece and I will also be there on the 28th!
Down to single digits.
9 more days!!!
Yipee!!

:bounce: :Pinkbounc

jiminy579
09-19-2003, 09:49 AM
I don't know what I am missing, but I was not impressed with the category 4 cabins. On our last cruise my husband I checked them out and really didn't see much difference other than the verandah and location. The layout was pretty much the same, but our category 9 was laid out much better in my opinion. Now don't get me wrong....if we could have afforded a 3 I would have jumped all over it because....WOW, now were talking major differences and upgrades. But as far as a 4 goes, what does everyone see that I don't???

I hope you have 2 INCREDIBLE cruises!!!

inkkognito
09-19-2003, 06:04 PM
I can understand exactly how you feel. I love 5650 (a Cat. 6), and I would rather have it than a Cat. 4 because it's large enough for hubby and I, and I love deck 5 and the far aft location. Deck 8 has the potential for noise because of all the activities right above on deck 9. The suites are lovely, but I always think that all the extra space would be wasted on hubby and I (although it would be nice to close him off in a separate room when he starts snoring). I think you made a good choice, and you will really enjoy the naviagtors verandah.
Barb
Visit the Platinum Castaway Club at: www.*****************
Fight apathy...or don't!

zalansky
09-19-2003, 08:31 PM
We have been calling Disney often inquiring about a possible upgrade, to be told to ask when we get to the pier.

We will be on that cruise though too! Look for the stressed parents with a 9 month old baby boy, whom we shall likely be chasing!!!

:bounce: :

earsboy:

Bacrd
09-19-2003, 10:47 PM
That is so incredibly cool of you to turn down the upgade you didn't feel you needed!!! The person BEHIND you on the list has no idea how generous you are to allow them the chance at an upgrade!!

Pixie Dust to you for you BINGO WINS !!!!!