PDA

View Full Version : NASA visit and little kids

absame
09-18-2003, 11:13 AM
Trying to figure out what to do when we return from our 7-day cruise. No particular rush to get home until sunday evening. Other than rushing back to WDW for a day, what have people done in the area. Am considering going to Kennedy space center, but think my DS5 and DD7 will be bored.

Favorite Auntie
09-18-2003, 11:15 AM
I think I might agree with you. They do have a playground there and stuff for the kids, but in the exhibits, unless they love astronauts, they will be bored.

pamelajean
09-18-2003, 01:07 PM
I agree! We took our kids who were about 7 and 8 at the time and it was not a good trip! They were bored and restless and we did not get to see/hear everything. How about Gatorland (world?)? Kids loved it and since it was "low" tech it was a nice change from the theme parks.

Pam

Buckaroo's Dad
09-19-2003, 05:23 AM
Trying to figure out what to do when we return from our 7-day cruise. No particular rush to get home until sunday evening. Other than rushing back to WDW for a day, what have people done in the area.

SeaWorld...

Favorite Auntie
09-19-2003, 08:03 AM
Great idea BD! I love Sea World and didn't even give that a thought!

moinab
09-19-2003, 09:34 AM
We just returned from our 4th trip to SeaWorld this year with DS-3 and DD-7 months. It's great for younger kids. They love the shows, and there is a huge play area with giant climbing structures (perfect for 5-7 year-olds) across from Shamu stadium. Also, free beer "samples" for adults in the Anheuser-Busch Hospitality Area.

GenieDana
09-19-2003, 09:38 AM
Wendy's restaurants (at least in Tallahassee) is currently handing out coupons for $10 off, per person on SeaWorld tix.

jiminy579
09-19-2003, 09:56 AM
On our one and only trip to Kennedy Space Center, our kids were those exact ages. 7 year old daughter, and 5 year old son. We had a great day. I was more worried that I would be bored, not the kids. My husband rarely gives any input in planning our Disney trips, he knows this is my thing and LOVE planning. But he was adamant on going to the Space Center so we all went for daddy to have HIS day. I was amazed and happy we went. However, it isn't an all day thing. If I had the choice back then, I would surely have chosen Sea World over it. We just returned from Sea World in CA and didn't leave the park until closing. From what I hear, Sea World in Orlando blows the CA park away. Either way, I hope you have FUN!!!
Take care

Buckaroo's Dad
09-20-2003, 06:25 AM
Wendy's restaurants

GenieDana - isn't that an oxymoron...

MinnesotaMouseketeers
09-20-2003, 08:57 AM
My son then eight was bored silly when we went. I thought for sure he would love it. He didn't stop complaining until we went on the bus tour we paid additional for.
This was pre 9/11 and it was all about the space shuttle. At that time I believe it was the Atalantis they were preparing to send off. The guide was not sure if we could get all the tour in, it depended on was was being shuttled to the launch sight.
We were lucky, we got the whole tour in including the observation area to watch them assemble some of the equipment that would be launched in the future. I don't know how much they do of this tour after 9/11. I thought I read that the observation deck had been closed to the public. Maybe it is now open.