PDA

View Full Version : All Seas Travel

disneyelaine
09-17-2003, 02:29 PM
Will my on board booking credit follow me if I change my ressie from DCL to All Seas? I have a 200 on board credit right now & really don't want to lose it. Just wondering. The search function is down right now, so sorry....but has anyone had any good or bad experiences going with All Seas? Thank you.

Brent B
09-17-2003, 02:49 PM
I do a lot of traveling for business and pleasure.. I just switched all of my business to All Seasons Travel.... The are great to work with..... Sandie just book our 2nd Disney Cruise she really know her stuff.....

As for the $200 credit I am not sure....

Good luck

Grumbo
09-17-2003, 03:18 PM
Yes... It will follow you...
We use All Season Travel and have been quite pleased with them. There is a very long thread on this.. The thread address is....
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=335667
Cheers,
Grumbo

FredS
09-17-2003, 04:01 PM
I had a few issues with All Seasons initially, related to the TA I was initially speaking with, have since spoken with Chuck Maida, the president of All Seasons, and could not be more pleased with him and his company.

The prices are incredible and I am confident enough that I have already booked a second cruise. Thanks, Chuck!!

ObsessedwithDisney
09-18-2003, 05:50 AM
When I booked back in March for Nov. 29th, I asked about using the Disney Club onboard credit of $50. The All Seasons agent told me, No - due to their already "reduced" prices. I just let it go, and booked anyway.

Then, a month later, we decided to bring my DMIL along too. We were told we had to move from a Cat. 6 to a Cat 5 in order to accomodate 4 people (apparently Cat.6 staterooms for 4 were no longer available). No big deal, except we were charged the current, much higher cost of the Cat. 5, since prices had since gone up. What would have cost us $647 to add DMIL, ended up costing over $1,100. At the same time, they were offering a special, "Book now and get a $100 onboard credit". I asked, since I'm now booking at the current rate, can I get the $100 credit? I was again told no. She also told me I couldn't cancel and rebook my reservation in order to get the credit.

I was okay with this, because we are still paying almost $1,000 less than DCL's rate, and they were the best rate out of several different agencies.

But, when I read about All Seasons honoring other onboard credits, I can't help but wonder ...

Kathy

Grumbo
09-18-2003, 06:55 AM
I asked about using the Disney Club onboard credit of $50. The All Seasons agent told me, No

Hi Obsessed:
As for the Disney Club I am not sure. I am referring to the onboard credit. I had a $200.00 onboard credit that was given for booking a 7 day cruise while on a previous cruise. I was able to retain that when I switched my reservation to All Seas. That is a separate credit to any offers as it doesn't come off of the price but is used on ship.
I switched from a Category 9 to a 7 as well and as we did that a bit later there was an added increase above just the difference in categories due to the fact I booked later. Allseas was still cheaper by 100's than Dreams and DCL.
Don't know if you were referring to my comment about keeping the credit but I think that is the difference.
Cheers,
Grumbo

my3kids
09-18-2003, 07:47 AM
I transferred my on board booking with the $200 per room credit to a travel agency and all information stayed exactly the same. The credit, as well as the rooms, remained with the reservation.

lruggiero
09-18-2003, 01:04 PM
AllSeasons Travel is wonderful and you should absolutely get the same credot.

Kathy-

You need to call and ask to speak to Chuck or Janice (husband and wife owners) they are wonderful people and I am quite sure that they will honor the 100 dollar credit.

Let me know

Lori

markey
09-18-2003, 01:21 PM
I booked on board and the price was $500 less then the DCL site before I left. I also got the $200 credit. When I got home I checks with All Season travel and their price was $300 less then DCL. But if I transfered my reservation to them they would not honor their price only the DCL price I was given. If I rebooked I would loose my $200 credit. Actually I had no intention of using them, already booked with DU, I was just curious to see the price difference. So if you subtract the $200 on board credit, and DU $150 rebate I still got a better deal. But if you would be a first time cruiser I don't think their prices can be beat, looks like they were about $800 less then the DCL site.

kenics
09-20-2003, 10:21 PM
DH and I rebooked on the ship, and the very nice person asked right then and there if we wanted to transfer the reservation back to all seas and we did.

I had a good experience. phone call backs were maybe not the best, but emails were great. Also had a gift in our cabin, that was a suprise.

I haven't seen anyone beat their prices yet.

Mjasp
09-20-2003, 11:17 PM
Freds...You should not feel funny to call them, they are getting paid by you giving them the booking.

Kathy...Couldn't you get a category 6 gty. I thought that is how you get a gty cabin, its when there aren't any category's left and they overbook them counting oncancellations. Someone correct me if I am wrong. Since you were technically cancelling and rebooking and paying the higher price why couldn't they give you the $100 credit. Makes no sense to me.

I really don't like what I am hearing about All Seas here.

Dreamer04
09-20-2003, 11:33 PM
Hi all..just my two cents..

I love *************.com. Great rates and service. If there are problems, contact Chuck or Janice. They do alot of business, and Chuck reads these boards. They will try and accomadate you anyway they can. As far as on room credit, it should have nothing to do with the price you're paying. I would call or send an email to Chuck, and have your concerns addressed ASAP!

ObsessedwithDisney
09-21-2003, 06:28 AM
Mjasp,

Booking a gty wasn't even offered to me as an option. And, I, unfortunately, was too new to DCL and these boards to realize that myself.

The comments here are very interesting. Wish I had posted back in April when it first happened!

Dreamer04 and Lori,

I will call Chuck or Janice this week. But could it be too late to do anything? I've already paid our final balance, although we're not yet 60 days out.

Thanks everyone! You're advice is very helpful!

Kathy

Dreamer04
09-21-2003, 06:33 AM
It is not too late. All businesses want satisfied customers. Make the call, what do you have to lose? I have one piece of advice. Before you call, take a minute to jot down exaclty what it is you want. It helps to have an exact goal in mind. Next, keep a pleasant tone. You can catch more fly with honey, than with vinegar.

Good luck
Ursula

Grumbo
09-21-2003, 10:25 AM
You are going to get all kinds of answers and views on different businesses. Just look at people's views of DCL. Some find they hate the cruise. Different strokes.......... :)
That said I have found Chuck Maida takes the time NOT ONLY via email, but by way of phone, to followup and address concerns.
I know when I was initially looking at booking I also looked at Dreams Unlimited. They were not able to come close to the price I got. The agent I spoke with was candid about not being able to meet the price but I game him the opportunity and was happy they took the time to get back to me, and for that reason alone I'd never speak poorly of them.
I think All Seas should be given that opportunity. Speak to Mr. Maida and if you aren't happy with their answer then I'd go elsewhere too.
I just know that MY dealings have been good. Guess you have to assess what everyone else's dealings are but ultimately it is how I am treated and it has always been top notch.
Good luck :)
Cheers,
Grumbo

NYdiscuisers
09-21-2003, 05:56 PM
Hi folks! We do not post often but in this case wanted to put my 2 cents in on All Seas Travel. We traveled on our 1st cruise in May and rebooked our 2nd for May '04 while on board.
After getting back we looked into transferring our reservation to All Seas. We were told by both Disney and All Seas our $200 on board credit would not be transferred because All Seas is group sales. That was "OK" ...but then the trouble in getting anyone in All Seas to return my call started. I even called Chuck the owner without response. At this point we quite gladly transfered to DU and kept the on board credit. We had wonderful and extremely prompt dealings with DU on our 1st cruise and only considered All Sea because of the price. The price delta was not enough to sway us to be bothered with the All Seas hassle.

Now that said I have read wonderful things about All Seas. We just did not have the same experience. Remember All Seas is group booking and they have many, many resevations. Their own newsletter speaks of how many reservations they do. Depending on how you look at it..is that good ? or are you just another reservation?

Believe me I'm not complaining we're very happy at DU! Just feel the reason this board is so great is that you gain insight to many experiences in order to make your own judgment!

nisiemouse
09-21-2003, 07:22 PM
NYdiscruisers: Who are you dealing with at DU? We will be booking our first cruise soon and since you have had a good experience we are looking for someone to request. Thanks.

NYdiscuisers
09-21-2003, 08:09 PM
nisiemouse,

For our present reservation, Donna is our DU contact. But as we were planning our original trip, and this one, everyone we contacted has responded almost immediately, whether it be a weekend, holiday, or normal business day. It is a pleasure to deal with DU!

Mjasp
09-21-2003, 08:11 PM
Nisiemouse...I'm not sure if you are aware or not, but DU are sponsors of these boards.

NYdiscruiser...Thanks for your input. These boards are great resources for finding all experiences.

Joanna

nisiemouse
09-22-2003, 04:38 AM
NYcruiser: Thanks and it is such a great to hear such a positive experience with DU. I also appreciate your feedback on All Seas.

Mjasp: Thanks. I am aware that DU is a board sponsor and that is why I would like to use them. I am sure all the agents are very good (I have only read one negative since I have started reading the cruise boards). I guess I am just a little apprehensive plannning our first cruise so I thought it would help to have a recommendation to work with.

FredS
09-22-2003, 09:33 PM
I appreciate DU being sponsors of this board, but unfortunately Dreams Unlimited was unable to come close to the price I got from All Seasons. As I understand it, All Seasons books large numbers of rooms well in advance, then passes along those savings to their clients as they book in the following weeks and month. (DU mentioned that they might attempt to do the same thing in the future, but presently were only able to reserve a room at the time you actually put down a deposit, and as times passes the prices generally goes up.)

Chuck and Janice (at All Seasons) are top-notch professionals and clearly work very hard to please their clients. Unfortunately, they have the task of giving the bad news to those of us who want multiple onboard credits! I am clear now that DCL restricts those, and since so often All Seasons has booked a particular stateroom using the early booking credit Disney will not allow any additional credits on the stateroom. Oh, well, I can't get my $50 onboard credit, but I think I am happy enough that I am saving several hundred dollars off the cheapest quote from any other TA! :cool:

SeaSpray
09-22-2003, 10:03 PM
I've had two wonderful interactions with All Seasons Travel; the first was the day I booked our cruise with the owner, Chuck, last month, for our cruise next summer. And again today when Dana from their service department called me regarding an email I had sent, inquiring about upgrading our cat 9 cabin to a cat 6. :) I highly recommend them for their service as well as their excellent rates.

Mjasp
09-22-2003, 10:15 PM
FredS...I'm glad it worked out for you. I'm glad you are happy now.:D

Joanna

FredS
09-23-2003, 08:57 AM
Originally posted by Mjasp
FredS...I'm glad it worked out for you. I'm glad you are happy now.:D

Joanna

Thanks, Joanna. And guess where my family and I will be in less than three weeks? :cool: Can't wait!

ObsessedwithDisney
09-23-2003, 06:46 PM
As many of you suggested, I spoke with Chuck personally. He reviewed my reservation and found that there was a mistake made, and they are going to correct it. Chuck was great, and very helpful.

When dealing with any type of business, errors are likely to occur. IMO, its not the errors that matter, its how they are handled.

Oh, BTW, I should add that I was not entitled to the onboard credits, per Disney's restrictions. But that is okay. In my case, no one could beat All Seasons prices and customer service, even with a shipboard credit.

I should also suggest that if you have any questions about whether your credit will be honored, call All Seasons - your situation may be different from someone else's.

All Seasons is a great company, and I will continue to use them for future bookings.

Kathy

Jamashp
09-24-2003, 11:52 AM
We booked our cruise with AllSeas. So far the service has been fine. Got the room we wanted and the price was the best around.

... just having a problem waiting for the next 12 months til our cruise begins!! We can't wait.

Melrosgirl
09-25-2003, 06:58 AM
Interesting thread!

I'm looking for a new Travel Agent.

I have sent AllSeas an email and if they can get back to me within a reasonable time, I may use them for future cruises. (I did try DU, but their prices are still $500 more.) :(

lynr
09-25-2003, 08:09 PM
I booked while on the Cruise in August and then switched to All Seasons because I had to change the date of my cruise and All Season's price was $850.00 cheaper than Disney's.
The special cruise I booked while on the ship came with a $400 credit that Disney would not be honor which is understandable since I switched to a different date. I did however write to the Cruiseline to see if they would at least honor the $200 credit they gave on the other cruises they were offering on the ship. I received a response yesterday and they said that since All Seasons is a Group Based reservation they will not honor they shipboard credit. That is ok with me since I saved $850.

disneyelaine
09-26-2003, 01:01 PM
Well since I started this thread, thought I'd update you.

I did lose my 200.00 onboard credit....BUT booked the 8/14/04 7 day Western with All Seas. The price was 960.00 cheaper than DCL price!

Thanks Keith & Chuck!

smlev
09-27-2003, 07:42 AM
Very confused and disappointed. I booked my land/sea package through Liberty travel with no discount.. the same rates as Disney. But when I read these threads, I decided to contact All seasons to see if they could beat the price ( I figured it was worth the change fee, if the savings was significant). All seas quoted me exactly the same price as Disney and more $ for the insurance than I got through Liberty. No savings for us!

Melrosgirl
09-27-2003, 08:38 AM
That's strange, Smlev. Maybe it was just that particular date that they couldn't get a good rate on.

I priced them for my Disney cruises this week and they beat all other agencies that I like to work with.

I priced a different cruise line with them also (not Disney), but their rate was about the same as the cruiselines (no savings).

I think for Disney cruises I will use AllSeas. I haven't had much luck with people getting back to me via their forms though. I have had to email directly to them (not use their forms). Not sure if their forms are working correctly or if it's just me, lol.

smlev
09-27-2003, 08:46 AM
Maybe I should call the owner?

lynr
09-27-2003, 09:02 AM
smlev:

I made the mistake of going to the wrong website there are two agencies with the same name.
The one we used is www.*************.com. The other agency was the same price as Disney.
I found All Seasons to be cheaper on every date that I had chosen.

Lyn

westjones
09-27-2003, 10:34 AM
I checked the website for http://www.*************.com to see if they were lower than what I got with my onboard booking savings and with DU. For us, it is cheaper to go with DU. But I did see I could have saved about $40 on our Dec. 19th, 2004 cruise (but that isn't worth trying to rebook----I currently have a Secret Porthole room booked for that one).

I suppose the key is to just look around for the best deal. So far I have been VERY happy with DU (and my TA is Tammy, it was Michelle and she did a super great job for us, but Tammy has been terrific too-- she just make a lot of messy changes to my reservation for me to save me close to $400, and I really appreciate all of her hard work).

DJ

FredS
09-27-2003, 12:16 PM
Originally posted by westjones
I checked the website for allseasonstravel.com to see if they were lower than what I got with my onboard booking savings and with DU. For us, it is cheaper to go with DU.
DJ

DJ, the website for the All Seasons Travel which we're talking about is "*************.com" Give it a try. Prices were significantly less than any other TA or from DCL for both cruises we've booked.

westjones
09-27-2003, 12:35 PM
Yes, that is the website I checked (I had it wrong in my original post). For us, the price is better to go with DU because I booked on board and was able to transfer everything to DU and get the $75 rebate they offer as well. So if I deduct the $200 onboard credit from the price (and I do consider that in my cost because I know on a 7 day cruise we will spend way more than $200), my total cost for our Sept. 18th, 2004 cruise (7 nights) is:

$2230.40 for 2 adults, 2 children (under 12) in a Cat. 10

With http://www.*************.com it would have been:

$2599 for 2 adults, 2 children (under 12) in a Cat. 10

I also have a secret porthole room, with is a BIG bonus to us.

So again, I think you just have to check around and see what works for you.

DJ

disneyelaine
09-27-2003, 02:03 PM
You really have to play around and check prices. AllSeasons.com is not always the cheapest, you have to look at different dates. Just for fun I checked the 7 day 9/18/04 (since another poster mentioned that date). DCL price is right now 3899.40 and All Seas is 3799.40. Only 100.00 savings. Not enough to sway me, especially if you have a 200.00 on board credit or someother type DCL credit.

BUT when you check DCL 8/14/04 7 day their price right now is 6171.00 while All Seas is right now 5076.00. Savings of 1095.00.

These are all cat. 6 verandah with 2 adults, 2 kids.

smlev
09-28-2003, 11:10 AM
Lynr,
Thank you I think I did check with the wrong agency. Waiting to hear back from all seas....

lynr
09-28-2003, 11:28 AM
smlev:

Here's hoping you have good luck and get a great price. I just recommended them to my friends for their upcoming Disneyworld trip and All Seas gave them a great price. They are very happy.

Lyn

mjvans
09-28-2003, 12:13 PM
We are going on the 4 day wonder 8-29-04
There will be six of us.......3 in a cat 6 and 3 in a cat 10.....we went with DU and the prices were $300.00 cheaper than all seas
Michelle

christinou
09-29-2003, 09:09 AM
You really have to compare prices, we are going on our second cruise with DU. I just checked the prices from all sea, and for our dates DU is cheaper by $260 for the 4 of us....
I have also been very please with the service from DU, they will answer any e-mails right away, and do everything possible to help....

smlev
09-29-2003, 09:47 AM
Maybe it is the dates of travel and that fact that I am doing the land/sea package, but DU quoted me the same as Disney and All Seas was about $50 less. Not really worth the penalty I would pay from Liberty travel.

I did however, speak witha lovely representative at All Seas and would love to use them in the future. I think they work really hard to get you the best price and discounts that they can. Now I will search for AAA discounts on my own...