PDA

View Full Version : Wishful thinkin' in Texas

2tinksmom
09-16-2003, 05:24 PM
Read today that they tore down a huge grain silo so that the Port of Galveston could accomodate larger cruise ships. It would be so nice if Disney cruised from here. I know, I know...there would be no land/sea packages, but, like I said....wishful thinkin'!!:teeth:

Grog
09-16-2003, 09:20 PM
I don't venture over to this board that much but wondered if someone from this area might bring this up. I watched the demolition on the news this morning and when they announced a $20 million cruise ship terminal I started thinking how nice it would be for Disney to sail from here :D

floridaminnie
09-17-2003, 12:19 AM
Maybe they can head that way when we have hurricanes heading this way! :jester:

Gina
09-17-2003, 10:36 AM
Yay Grog!! *hugs* I haven't forgotten about you, I swear -- your PM is still in my box. *makes note to self to actually answer it!*

Anyways, all of y'all already know how *I* feel about Disney needing to sail out of Galveston... *grin* And the land-and-sea thing is totally unecessary to me. I'll just take the sea part, thanks. :)

And there is plenty of non-Disney fun family stuff to do in Galveston to make it an extended trip... Schlitterbahn is even building a $28 million dollar water park over by Moody Gardens and the Lone Star Flight Museum. Galveston is now the 19th busiest cruise terminal in the whole world, and that is without Princess and NCL even being there yet.

As far as enlarging the port, they don't get much bigger than the Grand Princess, which will be sailing from there, so there will be plenty of room for a DCL ship! :) Bring it on, Disney!! :jester:

-gina-

Wonderwoman1982
09-17-2003, 11:54 AM
THAT would be REALLY cool, because I wouldn't have to drive too far, and I wouldn't have to get a hotel the night before!! It'd save me lots of money, and I'd be more inclined to cruise more often, since it'd be closer to home! "IF we build it, they will come.." Disney, hope you're paying attention.

heart4dis
09-18-2003, 09:01 AM
...it's not exactly a beautiful beach! :(

Wonderwoman1982
09-18-2003, 09:33 AM
OH, Amen to THAT.. That place is dirty, brown water.. YUK. But, it's close to lots of pretty, nice places !! Closer than Port Canaveral is anyways....

jgalecpa
09-18-2003, 11:16 AM
Dear Grog,

Love your Harp!

Are you a member of the "1759" club?

Slainte.

Jim

PS Gotta believe they are going to put it on the west coast somewhere. Too much synergy with Disneyland, Alaksa and hawaii.

Grog
09-18-2003, 05:26 PM
Are you a member of the "1759" club?
Jim, I became 'born again" when I made a pilgrimage to St. James's Gate a few years ago. I've always been a fan of the Black Stuff (as an English friend of mine calls it), but once I tried it at the source there was no going back ;)

Gina, not to worry. I know how it is when real life intrudes. Get back to me when you can. Hope you and TD are doing well :D And you are right about Galveston. It has come a long way in the past few years. I can't wait for Schlitterban to open!

Mouse Ears
09-20-2003, 02:53 AM
I wish this was more than wishful thinking. Anything Disney in Texas would get my support, and a cruise sounds great!

Maybe it's a good time to invest in some Galveston real estate... but, of course if Disney never shows, it's still just Galveston real estate. Never mind. :rolleyes:

heart4dis
09-20-2003, 01:47 PM
I see your post! No longer lurking....!