PDA

View Full Version : New items after Dry dock.

fred ferdlap
09-16-2003, 04:50 PM
Anyone have any idea how much internal replacing is done over dry dock.
does Disney use this opportunity to replace toys in kids area, replace linens in rooms, carpets , mattress et. al.?

AnnMorin
09-16-2003, 05:33 PM
The last week of November 2003 when the ship was pulled off line for sanitation they replaced the mattresses, toys etc. So I would doubt they would need to do it again already. Maybe things like carpeting..but a lot of it was done only nine and a half months ago.

AnnMorin
09-16-2003, 05:33 PM
The last week of November 2003 when the ship was pulled off line for sanitation they replaced the mattresses, toys etc. So I would doubt they would need to do it again already. Maybe things like carpeting..but a lot of it was done only nine and a half months ago.

golfpin
09-16-2003, 06:09 PM
I was on the July 19th Magic and I talked to our room steward about dry dock and if they were off when it was in dock. She said no, that they were busier then than ever as all curtains, carpets, bedding etc are replaced. She also told me on the Magic that they were doing away with the ESPN zone and replacing it with Common Grounds so that the older kids had a bigger place to go.

MarkRG
09-16-2003, 06:32 PM
Here's a chart of what the major changes will be:

Old use of location=========>new use of location

ESPN Club sports bar=======>The Stack teen club
Common Grounds teen club===>Cove Cafe coffee bar
Off Beat dueling piano bar====>Diversions sports bar

As said above a lot of the wear and tear items will be changed out, no idea how far they go with that.