PDA

View Full Version : Those who booked cruise w/ TA

luvmyboyz
09-16-2003, 01:45 PM
I will be a first timer. Anyone familiar with the process of booking through a travel agent? I have made a deposit of $250pp due immediately and the remainder of the balance due 65 days or sooner before the cruise. Sound right? I have a ressie now with Disney Cruise Line as far as I understand. What can I plan at this point in terms of meals, excursions, ...etc.?

ThreeCircles
09-16-2003, 02:00 PM
We have booked three of our four Disney cruises directly through Disney Cruise Line. The one that we did book through a travel agent (AAA) was actually booked with Disney and then transferred to AAA.

Many individuals state that you can get better rates if you book through a travel agent rather than through DCL directly but that has not been my experience. Part of this may be the fact that we are Florida residents and can often secure very good deals right through DCL.

The only reason that we transferred the one cruise to AAA was so that we could recieve the free AAA soda refill mugs. (Just a note, we found that we really didn't get our useage out of the mugs and would rather pay the $1.88 for a soda than lug around a mug.)

If you do book through a travel agent, I'm pretty sure it's very close to the same process as booking through DCL. You'll be able to select which dining seating you want (early or late), what cabin you would like, etc.

Excursions cannot be booked until 60 days from the day of sailing. Palo reservations, spa reservations, etc. cannot be booked until you board the ship.

A deposit of $250 per person and the remainder of the balance by 60 days prior to sailing is standard. This will be the same for both DCL and travel agents.

I hope this helps and just yell if you have more questions!

Jason

mark & sandra
09-16-2003, 04:48 PM
When we bookedin beginning of March 03 for our cruise mid Jan. 04, we checked several places. We booked with a TA called AllSeasons Travel. They post their prices directly on the site, so you can compare with what you paid. They were over 600.00 cheaper for us, so we booked with them. If you find their rates much better you could find out if switching over is a possibility. Their site is www.*************.com also check out this thread on them http://disboards.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=335667