PDA

View Full Version : Verandah Boy's Complete Trip Report is Up!!

pagehouse
09-16-2003, 01:54 AM
Not sure if anyone is interested in this :D but the Page family's September 6 - 13, 2003 Eastern Caribbean trip report is available at the following link:

http://web.wtez.net/ep56770

The pictures were uploaded tonight and are available under the Photo Album link on the left hand side of the page. Please let us know if you experience trouble with the photos. This is our first web page and photo album.

Thank you for being patient with us!! It's been hard to concentrate on a trip report when we've been spending all of our time figuring out how to get back to the MAGIC!

Eric, Chris, Nicholas, Nathan, and Nashua

PamCo88
09-16-2003, 03:01 AM
Hi Page Family!! I am so glad you have a great time. Thanks for the link to the Report. I have read all that was posted and see you had a Magical trip. I can't wait to read the rest of the report.

Verandah Man
09-16-2003, 06:28 AM
Chris and Eric,

We are really enjoying your trip report so far, we knew you would have a MAGICal time, and we're so glad that your Dparents were able to help make this trip extra special for your family, you deserve the best, and it sure sounds like you received it!!!

Can't wait to read the rest of your report!!!

Your Ddad and Dmom

disny4ever
09-16-2003, 06:45 AM
your not sure.................people having been bumping each other off the boards trying to find this report.............LOL.

I'm sure you been through all the emotions we have all felt from the pre-cruise hysteria, to the awe of the shipboard experience, to the "I don't want to leave" grabbing the verandah rails and not letting go..hissy fit on Saturday morning. Again Thank You from all of us, and please give your family a huge hug from all of us.

RellingTwin
09-16-2003, 06:55 AM
What a great story. I'm so glad you had the trip of your dreams!I can't wait to hear more!:bounce:

Dreamer04
09-16-2003, 07:03 AM
Great trip report, pagehouse. Thank you. Looking forward to the rest!!

Ursula

AnnMorin
09-16-2003, 07:55 AM
I really enjoyed your report. I am so happy that your sons enjoyed the trip so much!

4nana
09-16-2003, 07:57 AM
Page family ~

Oh my ~ what a fantastic report!
Thank you so very much for your magical trip report and letting us all share your vacation with you. It truly sounds like the Magical trip of a lifetime and we are so glad your family had this opportunity. Your pix are wonderful!! You have a beautiful family and your boys are precious! My favorite is the one of Nate on CC wearing his sunglasses! Can't wait to see the rest!!
God Bless and welcome home!

{{{HUGS to all}}} Sandie

gdulaney
09-16-2003, 08:20 AM
Chris and Eric -

This is a great trip report!!! Thank you for sharing!!!

Ginny

Credit Man
09-16-2003, 08:23 AM
WOW!! You have me spellbound. Can't wait for the rest.

disneydreamer1970
09-16-2003, 08:44 AM
Thank you so much for sharing your cruise with all of us! I can't wait to read more!!

Regina
09-16-2003, 08:52 AM
After clicking on "Next" about 10 times, I realized that the rest of the saga hasn't been written.

I can't wait to read the next installment. What an amazing, heartwarming story. I couldn't be happier for your family.:D

Incharge
09-16-2003, 09:04 AM
What a fantastic trip report! I love the format. The way you set it up is fantastic. I need to get out of the house and take care of banking business, but I can't pull myself away from this report! And I am just starting on Sunday! Can't wait to get back to it.:D

christinou
09-16-2003, 09:07 AM
What a great report, thank you so much for sharing.......

piglet33
09-16-2003, 09:31 AM
Wow, it sounds like your whole family had a great time. Thank you for sharing your report with us. I have been looking forward to hearing all about the trip. I really love the pictures too. Can't wait to see and hear more.

seastar
09-16-2003, 10:19 AM
This is the best trip report I have ever read! Thank you.
What wonderful memories you will have!

Mary Jo
09-16-2003, 10:44 AM
<font color=navy>Thank you for uploading the rest of the days as I was reading your report. :)

Thank you so much for sharing your special time with us. I just started reading these cruise forums, and your adventure, the friendship of Andy, his family, the DIS Angel, DCL, Karen, Robin, and the rest of these Cruise Forum DISers has me shedding happy tears.

I'm glad you all had such a great time, and I look forward to seeing more pics as you upload them.

God Bless,

abitjaded
09-16-2003, 10:45 AM
Of course we wanted to hear your report! Enjoying it hugely! Beautifully done.

Carla

disney6
09-16-2003, 10:47 AM
So glad you had a great trip! Disney sure is magical isn't it? Looking forward to the rest.....

CathyCanada
09-16-2003, 11:40 AM
Thank you for sharing your magical experience with all of us! This couldn't have happened to a more wonderful family. Your concern about inconveniencing others is a testimony to what a special family you are. You brought tears to my eyes. :)

Your children are all so handsome, I'm sure you are proud of all of them!

CC

jgalecpa
09-16-2003, 11:54 AM
This is one of the most heartwarming stories I've ever experienced.

From it's infancy in Andy's mind, this was a terrific thing for people to do.

Remember, this is something "strangers" did for "strangers"

When such disparate people can team up, and in a few months care so deeply about one little guy, well, it's enough to make a grown man get a severe catch in his throat.

Let me tell you.......

A little part of Nate will be a little part of everyone of us. Forever.

Jim

Verandah Man
09-16-2003, 11:58 AM
Originally posted by jgalecpa
This is one of the most heartwarming stories I've ever experienced.

From it's infancy in Andy's mind, this was a terrific thing for people to do.

Remember, this is something "strangers" did for "strangers"

When such disparate people can team up, and in a few months care so deeply about one little guy, well, it's enough to make a grown man get a severe catch in his throat.

Let me tell you.......

A little part of Nate will be a little part of everyone of us. Forever.

Jim

Jim,

You know just what to say, and how to say it!!!

Thanks so much!!!

UMTerp
09-16-2003, 12:24 PM
Love the report and the photos!

Agree with Jim!

Thanks!

pagehouse
09-16-2003, 12:30 PM
Boy have you said it!!!

I was talking with Robin at the Wishing Well to tell her about our cruise and she said now that the wish was over she hoped we always would keep in touch. I said this to her and I am saying it to all of you and I mean it with all of my soul;

I want desperately to stay in touch with all of you because I mean it when I say I think of EACH AND EVERY one of you as family now. But if years pass and we fall out of touch, I want you to know right now that your names will forever be in my heart. Someday in the future we will have to give Nathan back to God and all we will have are the precious memories of a life that was too short. But of all the memories we will have, this whole experience will be my very favorite. And although the pictures and video are things I can look at to remember this time, it's the memory in my heart that will be the most real. the most precious and the one that will bring me the most comfort.

Now, I've said it and hopefully I can stop being so weepy! I think I am getting dehydrated from all the crying!

Chris

figment52
09-16-2003, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by Verandah Man
Jim,

You know just what to say, and how to say it!!!

Thanks so much!!!

I couldn't agree more. This family is a part of me now.

Keep it coming....

4nana
09-16-2003, 12:43 PM
Oh my...

Chris and Eric ~

We are the lucky ones who have been blessed and touched
by your family, faith, strength, love and friendship. Thank you ^i^

Now....where are my Puffs when I need them the most? :(

~ Sandie

JLSE50
09-16-2003, 01:13 PM
I found the story up to Monday. Am I missing a link or something?
:Pinkbounc Thanks Page family for sharing. You have let us all go along with you!! :bounce:
Thanks DCL for providing a super experience for Nate :)

Jan :earsgirl:
Inside-Stateroom-Jan

Verandah Man
09-16-2003, 02:38 PM
Originally posted by JLSE50
I found the story up to Monday. Am I missing a link or something?
:Pinkbounc Thanks Page family for sharing. You have let us all go along with you!! :bounce:
Thanks DCL for providing a super experience for Nate :)

Inside-Stateroom-Jan

Jan,

Eric still has to finish the last few days of the trip report. If you have read up to and including Monday, you are right up with the rest of us. Just keep checking in for the rest of the report. I know Eric and Chris still have a lot to report on, so it might take them a few more days to finish.

DreaminDisney
09-16-2003, 03:26 PM
Chris great report! THANK you so much for sharing. As I mentioned before, I have been looking forward to hearing all about it. Sounds like a great time for you, Nate and your Family.
We're looking forward to reading the rest and more pictures:)

I also have to say...I agree with Jim 110%!!:)

Debbie:)

golfpin
09-16-2003, 06:15 PM
Chris, thank you for sharing your trip report with us. It is wonderful that you have had such a great trip and I can't wait to hear the rest. God bless you and your family.

Hygiene99
09-16-2003, 06:17 PM
great so far thanks for sharing with us nuts ...

peter

sumfun
09-16-2003, 06:44 PM
i am loving your trip report ,it is very nicely done and the graphics are great. i am so glad you all had a great trip. i have to agree with everyone else we have gotten as much or more from all of you then you have of us ,thank you for allowing us to become family.you all are in my heart as well. god bless,Tomi

rw2dodge
09-16-2003, 07:36 PM
As you can see I don't post much I just like to read the posts mostly. But this story has truly touched my heart. God bless your beautiful family. I enjoyed reading your report and look forward to reading about the rest of your vacation. Take care!:D

dzneprincess
09-16-2003, 07:51 PM
WOW! Great report Chris and Eric. I can't wait for the rest! I am soooooooo happy that Nathan got treated like the angel that he is!!!!!! I know I havent posted much to these threads, but i have read them actively! I am so glad that you found these boards, and the wonderful people here at the DIS opened up and helped your beautiful family! This is a great place, and you and your family will always be in my heart!

musicgirl
09-16-2003, 07:52 PM
What an AWESOME trip report!!!!! I misted up when the mickeys all came up.

Jim, thanks for putting into words what my heart wanted to say!

I'm so glad that you all were so well taken care of. It must have been such fun to have little surprises popping up. My hats off to all those people who helped make it a dream come true.

I can hardly wait for the next set of reports. I feel like a kid at christmas!!! It was so hard to get on the boards the last few days. I kept lurking around. My family is getting a little concerned! LOL

Thanks for sharing, Lorie

Nick@ VB+OKW
09-16-2003, 08:43 PM
"Excellent report".....thanks for sharing.http://www.wdwinfo.com/sites/family/biggthumpup.gif

JLSE50
09-16-2003, 09:27 PM
Thanks VERANDAMAN for letting me know that I was up to speed with the reports.

I was afraid I had missed something, but on the other hand, it was good that there was no more to read today or I would have been late to work.

Whenever Eric can get them up is fine with me. I bookmarked this thread so will get reminders when new comments come on. I trust someone will post it here when new reports are added and then I will know to check the website.

ERIC AND CHRIS: Thanks for sharing from your hearts. We are all blessed to get this window into your trip and your lives. Thanks for sharing so intimately.

:Pinkbounc Love to Nate!! :bounce:

Inside-Stateroom-Jan

JimC
09-16-2003, 10:03 PM
Wonderful report. Thanks for sharing. Looking forward to reading more.

For those of you who participated in making this very, very special trip a reality. All I can say is you had a very good day! Well done :)

DVCLady
09-16-2003, 10:13 PM
Great report Page Family!! Can't wait to read the rest of the days. :D :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc

>>^..^<<
09-16-2003, 10:44 PM
Hi.. :)

I am enjoying your report so much... looking forward to reading more, thanx for sharing this wonderful holiday with us.

>>^..^<<

Disney1fan2002
09-16-2003, 11:12 PM
What a great report so far! Thank you for sharing your wonderful trip with us! I checked out your pictures, and Nathan is beautiful! What a killer smile that boy has!

pagehouse
09-17-2003, 02:10 AM
The complete trip report is now posted at http://web.wtez.net/ep56770.

Pictures will be up in a couple of days. Our scanner isn't working so we're unable to get our non-digital photos uploaded. As soon as we get them in the album we'll complete the web page with pictures. Thanks to everyone for being patient with us!

Please enjoy!

ERIC and CHRIS

Minniespal
09-17-2003, 03:17 AM
Wonderful reviews ~ Thanx for sharing.

Verandah Man
09-17-2003, 06:09 AM
I woke up at 5:30 this morning and headed directly to the computer to see if your trip report was completed. I was not disappointed at all. I needed to grab a few tissues along the way, especially while reading Friday afternoon's report, I won't say anything more about that, as I don't want to ruin the surprise for those who haven't read it yet.

Thanks for a MAGICal trip report guys!!! Hazel just woke up and is going to read the rest of the report now!!!

Your Ddad and Dmom

Dreamer04
09-17-2003, 07:02 AM
Chris, thank you so much for the wonderful trip report! I hung on every word, and as you hated for the cruise to end, so I hated for the report to end. The rainbow made me cry.

Take care,

Ursula

slmjam
09-17-2003, 07:17 AM
Eric and Chris - Thank you so much for sharing your trip with us. Your report is awesome! Each day sounds more magical than the last and Friday's report especially left me misty-eyed. May your family always have Disney Dreams!!

Love to all, Sherry

Credit Man
09-17-2003, 07:56 AM
I write this through tears of happiness. What a great report. Thanks for bringing us along. May God's blessings continue to shine down on your wonderful family.

scotth1042
09-17-2003, 09:51 AM
:p Great trip report! Makes me want to be back on the ship!!

disny4ever
09-17-2003, 10:57 AM
First...what everyone else has already said...Excellent report !!

Second...even though your trip is over please make sure you stay in touch and post reports on how your family is doing. I know alot of people will want to know.

Third...for the final time: Thank You for including all of us in your trip and in your lives. You and your husband have a terrific family!

disney6
09-17-2003, 12:39 PM
sniffle, sniffle (and this from someone who stopped crying many years ago!)

THANK YOU for sharing with us! I can't tell you how happy it makes me feel reading about your trip. It sounds like you ALL had a great time and mom and dad got some much deserved adult time! Good for you!

Memories: priceless!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just repeating the above post, please keep in touch and let us know how you are all doing in the future.

Favorite Auntie
09-17-2003, 12:57 PM
I am so happy that your DAID and DCL came through for Nathan and provided a fabulous vacation for your family. Sounds like you guys had a fabulous time, these are memories that your boys will remember for a lifetime....

figment52
09-17-2003, 01:26 PM
I just finished the report and am so please that you had such a memorable trip. How very special that Grandma Debbie made sure that Chris and Eric had some time to themselves too (don't all parents need that).

Thank you for sharing your trip with us. Please stay in touch. I know your family has touch many of us in a very special way and will forever be a part of us.

Sandy

BamaCruiser
09-17-2003, 03:24 PM
What an awesome trip report!! We also had Derrick as our steward. We (our DS especially) loved him.

Thank God for all of the angels (in disguise and not) that helped to make your cruise so special (and so much more). Thank you for so vividly sharing a bit of your memories with us.

Towncrier
09-17-2003, 04:16 PM
Loved your trip report. I hadn't realized that Dan and Scott would be on the cruise with you. I had the pleasure of meeting them at the first NE Ohio DISmeet a couple of years ago. They are great guys and I'm glad that they were able to impart some of their cruise wisdom to you.

I am looking forward to seeing more of your photos from the cruise. We were on the very first 7 day Eastern cruise in August 2000 and know firsthand just how wonderful it can be. It sounds like you all had a Magical cruise.

God Bless you all.

mrsdon
09-17-2003, 05:02 PM
Thanks for the report.
This has reminded me to count my blessings/
I hope to be able to give back to others what I have beem givem./
Im so trulu touched by your story/

CRB#33
09-17-2003, 05:47 PM
What wonderful a trip you had! The angels in your life have made all of your wishes for this trip come true.

Thank you for blessing us by sharing your stories with us. :)

jgalecpa
09-17-2003, 05:59 PM
Just finished the last few day. Two Words:

Oh, My.

Jim

eye R.N.
09-17-2003, 06:50 PM
and waited to read the trip report till I was home, bless my families heart, all they have to do is look at the screen and they know why I'm sitting here with a box of tissues.

I'm so glad you all had a magical time and that Nick, Nash and Nathan enjoyed the pins.

I know I speak for many when I say you have given us a great gift by allowing us enterance into your lives. Personally, I had a wonderful time last week daydreaming at odd moments about where you were and what you were doing.

Please, please stay in touch and let us know how things are going.

musicgirl
09-17-2003, 07:15 PM
Great Job, but no fair for making us cry!!!

It must have been so cool to have people come up to you and know you through out the week. And to know that the CMs also read these boards and knew you. I hope some of the CMs are on board when I go, I'd like to give them a big hug.

It sounds like you all had an awesome trip. It even sounds like you had a picture perfect trip with the good weather included.
Was it Dan and Scott who had such bad luck at CC? They should thank you for bringing good luck with you!

Thanks again

tigger53
09-17-2003, 09:30 PM
thank you for sharing your report, i enjoyed reading as it was very heartwarming, dreams do come true.

Peggy Sue
09-17-2003, 10:03 PM
Wonderful report! So glad you all had a fantastic time! Your boys are adorable..and they all look like they are having such a fantastic time!

Shared your report with my DH..we sat here and cried together reading about your magical cruise. We love the picture of Nate on castaway cay!

Thank you for sharing your families adventures with all of us.

Good Bless

Peggy Sue

jlawall
09-17-2003, 11:06 PM
Thx for your touching trip report. It sounds like you enjoyed the Bingo and evening theme nights in Rockin' Bar D. Could you tell us if Que, Andy, Karen, SheShe and Ellen are still sailing? They usually ran the Bingo and theme nights.

I'm so glad you had such a wonderful trip. Trips like yours are why Disney and DCL are the best forms of family entertainment available!

takemeaway
09-17-2003, 11:21 PM
I laughed, I cried, I loved reading the trip report.

Thank you so much for taking the time to describe your Magical cruise. Your report was beautifully written and greatly appreciated.

God Bless You!

pagehouse
09-17-2003, 11:36 PM
Could you tell us if Que, Andy, Karen, SheShe and Ellen are still sailing?

SheShe was definitely in the shows; she was "Foxy Brown" during the 70's show. Not sure about Que, Andy, or Ellen. We had a Karen as our contact on the ship but I suspect she would not have been involved with the productions. As I recall, bingo and the other entertainment productions were run by Brent, a girl named Andrea, and Trevor. We thought they were an excellent cruise staff!

snelsonbrown
09-18-2003, 04:38 AM
Eric, Chris and boys,
I finally got to read your trip report and how wonderful that so many magical memories and wishes came true - I am proud that I was a part of the excitement - my wish for each of you is that everyday be a Magical day and a miracle will be in the works so that Nate can grow up to be the fine young man that is captured in the body he is in now - As for D.A.I.D - I have no doubts that he has read this report and God has added another feather to D.A.I.D's future wings for all the joy he brought to you and the family.
Just because the cruise is over for now, don't disappear - keep us posted as to what is happening with everyone.
God bless each of you super good.
Much love always
Shirley

plutospup
09-18-2003, 05:17 PM
Thanks for a great report. I'm glad everyone had such a wonderful time. BTW Feliz is the best! She was our asst. server two yrs ago, and was fantastic. Hmmm...I didn't receive any kiss, though!

pagehouse
09-19-2003, 03:42 AM
Just thought I would let everyone know Eric has finally gotten all of the pictures up on the trip report. I know most everyone has read the report, but if y'all get a chance, take a look at the photos. There are some very good ones of the boys and the characters.
I also wanted to apologize for not posting lately. There are so many of you I want to comment to, but I have 2 part time jobs and just took on a third. If you add in PTO and the most important thing, the boys, well somedays I feel like I meet myself coming and going. Please know that we do read all the post and messages, we just haven't had the time to do much replying this week. Hopefully, we can get all caught up this weekend and things will slow down a bit here. Gosh, it's like we have been gone 7 days or something!

Love To All,
Chris:smooth:

Verandah Man
09-19-2003, 04:03 AM
Woke up extra early this morning, going over to look at the photos now.

BTW, we all forgive you!!!

I loved the photos, will share them with Dmom, when she gets up later, going to try and get a little more sleep. Wind and rain from Isabel has slowed down quite a bit.

dzneprincess
09-19-2003, 06:09 AM
WOW Andy! You are not kidding! You dod wake up extra extra early!

Dreamer04
09-19-2003, 06:22 AM
Loved the pictures!!!

disny4ever
09-19-2003, 06:29 AM
Gee Chris, sounds like you could use a vacation! All of us could recommend a great place...LOL

Great picture album !!! I really like the one of Nathan staring up at Goofy

want2go2disney
09-19-2003, 01:32 PM
Just Perfect. Thanks for sharing.