PDA

View Full Version : Disney Cruise Music Soundtrack List

vxman02
09-16-2003, 01:02 AM
Hey guys, does anybody know what the lists of music the Disney Magic plays on its sound system throughout the day?
There's a song that I want to know about. It's a mello, soft song, similar to Faith Hill's "Where Are You Christmas" but it's about dreams or something. The singer even sounds like Faith Hill, but I'm not sure and I don't know the words. I could hum the tune, but don't see how that would work.
It could also be Kellie Coffey, but I don't know. Anybody?

Oh, and the song also played when we were disembarking.

mmouse37
09-16-2003, 08:06 AM
There is a song called "Remember the Magic" that is played very upbeat at the Disney Parks, but played very mellow and low key on one of the Disney CD's. I do not have the CD with me but will look up the singer...it is male though.

Our hearts could just take wings, we could live out all our dreams..the journey there is never far away...and like a dream come true, it's still inside of you.....Remember the nights, remember the Magic...remember the moments in your life...

The lyrics go something like that...makes me cry everytime I hear it!! I believe I have heard a female sing it on the Magic on one of the soundtracks you hear up on deck.

MJ

mostyn17
09-16-2003, 09:46 AM
The singer is Brian McKnight. Hope this helps.

I like this song too! I have it on one of my CD's:)

Travis

Brent B
09-16-2003, 10:27 AM
Remeber the magic parade song..... http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/Woods/5364/index.html

vxman02
09-16-2003, 02:15 PM
Hey guys, thanks for trying, but that's not the song I'm looking for. It's a female singer that sounds like Faith Hill...soft song, Disney-like, but it might not be, but then again, all the songs that played were Disney. Anybody have any clue about what I'm talking about?

Brent B
09-16-2003, 02:23 PM
you must be talking about 2nd star to the right on the return to never land soundtrack......

vxman02
09-16-2003, 03:27 PM
Hey thanks again Brent B, but that's not it either...similar, but not it. Any other songs you know? Keep throwing em out, one of them's bound to be the one I'm looking for. :)

Michelemouse
09-16-2003, 06:07 PM
Could it be the song "Promise" from Illuminations: Reflection of Earth?

BeanoC
09-16-2003, 06:11 PM
Hmmm, this is a tough one. The one collaboration I know of between Faith Hill and Disney is when she recorded "Part of Your World", from The Little Mermaid, for the Disney/Country album...

Could it be something from the "Disney Mania CD"?

Try to spit out a little more of the lyrics... we'll get this one for you!

'Beano':cool:

BeanoC
09-16-2003, 06:14 PM
It wasn't "'Cross the Sea", was it? The song they use in the commercials and on the videos??

MarkRG
09-16-2003, 06:27 PM
I believe it is 'Promise', I remember hearing it when they dropped the banner in the atrium on our last cruise.

Every evening
Brings an ending
Every day becomes a legacy

Every sunset
Leads to morning
With the promise of opportunity

We can reach for the stars we find along the way
Dreaming as we learn to love everyday

Promise You will take my hand
As tomorrow comes We'll go on

We'll go on
Growing closer through the years
Moving on
Through the good times and the tears
Ever on
Another thousand circles 'round the sun
If two can be as one
We'll go on

BeanoC
09-16-2003, 06:49 PM
I just checked the CD jacket on my Millennium Celebration CD, and 'Promise' is sung by...

Kellie Coffey!!

I'd say we have a winner! :bounce: :Pinkbounc

Let me know if you need a copy of it. I am sure we can work something out. Just don't tell the RIAA!! ;)

vxman02
09-16-2003, 08:00 PM
Lol, I wish we did...I wish we did. But that's not it. I wanna say, though, that you guys on here rock! Look at all the help you're giving...awesome.

A little review: the singer sounds like Faith Hill or Kellie Coffey, but probably isn't either one because like BeanoC said, the only collaboration has been the "Part of Your World" song.

The song itself is mellow and soft, similar in tone to Faith Hill's "Where Are You Christmas."

I heard it once on deck 9 just walking around, and once again in the Atrium when disembarking.

It could be a Disney song, but then again, could also not be.

It's not anything from the Millenium Celebration, nor is it from any parade.

If I could list the lyrics, I would! But darn it, I can't remember them, and right now I can't remember the tune either....it's fading!! :)

I do think that I have a clip of it on video tape though, so maybeI can go dig that up later.

I think maybe the word "sometime" is in there, ha, if that helps at all.

Thanks all you guys for helping me out, and hopefully someone out there figures this thing.

patches-4
09-16-2003, 08:52 PM
DIDN'T THERE USE TO BE A SHOW CALLED "NAME THAT TUNE"? wELL I CAN NAME IT IN 4 NOTES......

xnascar2x
09-16-2003, 10:46 PM
Was the song Breathe by Faith Hill?

I can feel the magic floating in the air
Being with you gets me that way
I watch the sunlight dance across your face and I've
Never been this swept away

All my thoughts seem to settle on the breeze
When I'm lying wrapped up in your arms
The whole world just fades away
The only thing I hear
Is the beating of your heart

‘Cause I can feel you breathe
It's washing over me
Suddenly I'm melting into you
There's nothing left to prove
Baby all we need is just to be
Caught up in the touch
The slow and steady rush
Baby, isn't that the way that love's supposed to be
I can feel you breathe
Just breathe

In a way I know my heart is waking up
As all the walls come tumbling down
I’m closer than I've ever felt before
And I know
And you know
There's no need for words right now

‘Cause I can feel you breathe
It's washing over me
Suddenly I'm melting into you
There's nothing left to prove
Baby all we need is just to be
Caught up in the touch
The slow and steady rush
I can feel you breathe
Just breathe

Caught up in the touch
The slow and steady rush
I can feel you breathe
Just breathe

I can feel the magic floating in the air
Being with you gets me that way

:bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce:

vxman02
09-17-2003, 04:01 AM
Nope, not that one either. :(

Basically, it's not any well-known song out there, because I'd know it. I had never heard this song until on the boat.

It's not the Disney Cruise song either about the sea.

Anybody?

twhipple
09-17-2003, 08:59 AM
I listen to Live365 Disney music all day (ok I'm a little excited about my upcoming cruise!). This song came on this morning, but I don't remember the words, because we're on to something else now:teeth:

Aaliyah - Journey To The Past [4:01] - Anastasia Sound Track. Could this be it? I heard it on a subscriber only station, Disney Magic (go figure). They repeat the songs often if you can listen to it. Should hear it again in a couple hours unless I switch stations (you know there are more than 20!) :Pinkbounc

twhipple
09-17-2003, 10:25 AM
Ok, here's another one. How about Christina Aguilera - Reflection - Mulan. The chorus goes:

Who is that girl I see
Staring Straight back at me
When will my reflection show
who I am inside

I'll keep listening!!

vxman02
09-17-2003, 12:18 PM
Hey t*******, thanks!

But nope, neither of those are it. Keep 'em coming everyone! :)

It must be a NEW song.

vxman02
09-17-2003, 07:37 PM
Hey, now that I've listened to quite a few Faith Hill songs, I don't think the singer sounds like her anymore. It wasn't country-like at all. I'm still viewing the cruise trip on tape to find the song if I can. :)

vxman02
09-19-2003, 07:33 PM
I have some words!!

So I was watching some home video of our cruise trip last week, and when we were disembarking, the song was playing! So I have some lyrics:

"For that make believe, for that dream come true, for that wish of yonder star so true...

For the just..."

Something like that.

Can anyone name that song now??

vxman02
09-20-2003, 11:08 PM
Someone, anyone? So close, yet so far away! :)

vxman02
09-22-2003, 03:03 PM
Bump...

vxman02
09-28-2003, 04:04 PM
Please help :(

vxman02
10-01-2003, 12:13 AM
Bump...

vxman02
10-02-2003, 02:51 PM
Please don't give up on me. Someone has GOT to know something about this song:

"For that make believe, for that dream come true, for that wish of yonder star so true...

aethanbear
11-08-2011, 04:06 PM
I don't know if yu're still looking, but the song, based on the lyrics, is Woody's Waltz, by Helen Darling, from Toy Story Singalong Songs. Hope that helps.

JC32801
11-08-2011, 06:01 PM
I don't know if yu're still looking, but the song, based on the lyrics, is Woody's Waltz, by Helen Darling, from Toy Story Singalong Songs. Hope that helps.

If that's it, here's a YT link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qcZNYqPtYw8