PDA

View Full Version : Anyone sailing 11/30 on the Wonder?

Peggy Sue
09-15-2003, 01:17 PM
Hi,

We'll be on-board the 11/30 wonder cruise. Really looking forward to seeing the ship decked out for the Holidays. (At least, I hope the decorations will be up by then...anyone know for sure??)

Will any of you be on board too?

We're sandwiching this cruise inbtween 2 four night stays at WDW (OKW) so we can enjoy Thanksgiving and all the holiday events at WDW.

We will be joining the MouseFest group on-board..any of you??

Hope we have the opportunity to meet some of you on board, or perhaps see you at WDW!!

Peggy Sue

disneyfan551
09-16-2003, 08:27 AM
Hi! We will be sailing with you! This is our first cruise, and our party will consist of...myself, dh, & dd2....our best friends & ds2....my sil (single mom), ds16 & dd2 ! My sil's ex-dh (& new family) may even come down post-cruise to celebrate his ds's 1st birthday with us at MVMCP!!

We all can't wait to go! I have been planning this trip for quite a while now, and can't believe it's almost here!

We will also arrive at WDW before the cruise, and will return for several days after the cruise, too.

I think I have seen about 2 other people going on this cruise, but maybe this post will find more!

We are a part of the mousefest, too. But, I'm not sure how much of the festivities we will get involved with...

OT...we were going to the beach this weekend for our anniversary, but dh just found out this morning at 7am that he is being sent to the coast for hurricane duty. :eek: My luck... Ok, back to business, sorry for the rant!

Looking forward to meeting some more Nov. 30th DISer's!! :)

LoveMickey
09-16-2003, 02:50 PM
We are going on our first cruise also, on the Wonder. It'll be Wonderful.

I've seen other threads about this one too. I'm sure there will be many cruisers on boards.

We've booked through the mousefest also, but not sure how many of the activities we'll be able to attend.

There seems to be so much to do and so little time.

DH and I will be sailing with BF (best friend) and her SO (Significant other). We are leaving the day before the sailing and staying until the 8th.

Peggy Sue - I see your from MA. We are in Western MA - the Berkshires.

Disneyfan551 hope you have a calm week - in the wake of it all. They seem to be downgrading Izzy on an hourly basis.

We are so looking forward to seeing the ship all decorated for Christmas and then returning to the world for MVMCP, CP and all the other Christmas traditions at Disney.

Big :D

Peggy Sue
09-17-2003, 12:39 PM
Wow! Glad to hear others will be on-board too!! We plan on attending some of the mousefest activities, just not sure which ones. I agree, lots to do, and so little time!!!

Looking forward to meeting you all!

disneyfan551 - MVMCP is one of our all time favorite events...have our tickets for the 12/8 party...can't wait! What a great way to celebrate a birthday!!
Sorry to hear DH has to go out on hurricane duty. Hope all will remain safe and calm. Funny...We are going away to the beach this weekend too for our anniverary!! (9/21) Hope you can reschedule...wishing you a happy anniverary!!!

LoveMickey - We are from the North Shore - Beverly. We're really looking forward to seeing all the christmas decorations on board too!

Peggy Sue

ohiominnie
09-17-2003, 07:24 PM
I've been out of touch with the Cruise board lately (we're homeschooling and back to school big time, along with home demolition/remodeling!)

We'll be on the 11/30 Wonder. It will be me, dh, ds (6), dd (9), my parents and my neice (21)!

After the cruise we will go to Disney for 9 nights. :)

Looking forward to it, but first have to pull off the surprise cruise for the kids NEXT WEEK!! Then we can focus on the next trip! :)

CourtneysMom
09-17-2003, 09:50 PM
Hello - We will also be cruising on Nov 30th.

Our group consist of my whole family. DH, me, DD5, My parents, my 2 brothers their wifes and kids ages, 6,8,9

PeggySue- What is Mousefest?

We need a tread for all of us sailing Nove 30th.

This will be all of ours first Disney Cruise. Dh and I have been on an Alaskian cruise before.

Looking forward to maybe running into soem people from the board.

We are leaving on Saturday and driving down from Atlanta, GA and are booked at a new Holiday Inn Express in Cocoa Beach.

Mmketeer
09-18-2003, 02:10 PM
Hi,

I am not sailing DCL this year, but I have sailed before during the first week of December and the ship is beautifully decorated. My neice especailly enjoyed seeing Mrs. Clause after dinner and we got some great family photos by their giant atrium Christmas trees.

I'll be on RCCL's new Mariner of the Seas on November 30th right near you so wave as you set sail! <BG>

bigsky
09-18-2003, 03:46 PM
We'll be there as well. My dh, me, dd,15, and ds 13. This is my kids first cruise. I feel like such a bad mom that we've never included them in our cruises.
We'll also be doing WDW before we go. Celebrating both their birthdays on the cruise as well which they don't know about. My daughter will kill me! So look for my daughter to climb under the table as they sing. I can't wait! Isn't that what parents are for...embarrassing their kids? That's what they think.

So I'm counting down the days. I'm sure you all are too! :Pinkbounc

Laura~

Peggy Sue
09-18-2003, 04:17 PM
"PeggySue- What is Mousefest?"

Courtneysmom,

Are you familiar with Deb Wills WDW site? They always have a big meet and greet in early December. (The DIS has too in the past, but I haven't seen anything about a gathering this year?) This year, Deb has joined forces with several other internet groups, book authors, etc. and it's being called "mousefest" with events on the 11/30 cruise and post cruise in WDW. You can check out all the info on Deb's site. The Passporter guidebook is also a co-sponser of this event and their website has information about mousefest too. (The Passporter Disney cruise guide book is an excellent source of inforamtion!)

Just another extension of the internet community! However, the DIS continues to be the King when it comes to discussion boards..I've gained so much knowledge here and have met so many wonderful people. I've been a regular here since 1997! (don't look at my name/date...I've been through so many system upgrades that my date and post count has been changed a few times!)

Anyway, I'm glad to see many folks here will be with us on this cruise. Looking forward to 4 relaxing days on-board and the opportunity to meet some of you all!

Peggy Sue

Bellewish
09-18-2003, 05:00 PM
We are joining the PassPorter Group on that cruise. (We is my DH and I.) We can't wait!! :Pinkbounc

CourtneysMom
09-18-2003, 06:03 PM
How can we join in the Mousefest?

Like to Dis
09-18-2003, 06:13 PM
We will also be on the 11/30 cruise......we have been on 2 cruises (not Disney) before but this will be the first for the children......7 and 2. This will be the first of what we hope will be many Disney cruises. We would also like info on Mousefest since we are new to the boards.:bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc

Peggy Sue
09-18-2003, 07:32 PM
You can check out mousefest events for the cruise at the passporter guide book website.

http://www.passporter.com/gathering.htm

disneyfan551
09-19-2003, 09:26 AM
As far as I know, to participate in the Mousefest activities, you would have needed to book the "mousefest" through mouseearvacations. It was a great rate, with the activities and a free gift!

We may as well let this be our official thread!! Hope to hear from more diser's!

btw... my dh is fine! The storm was much better than expected, and my dh is going to working in Pamlico Co. today, near New Bern, I think. God answers prayers!! ;)

disneyfan551
09-20-2003, 06:59 PM
bump... :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc

Like to Dis
09-24-2003, 06:03 PM
BUMP:bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc

CourtneysMom
09-24-2003, 07:59 PM
Just have to say I can't wait for this CRUISE>>>:bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc

I have a ??? do I need to bring beach towels or will there be plenting on the cruise besides the bath towels.

disneyfan551
09-25-2003, 07:32 AM
Hi CourtneysMom!! No, you don't need to take towels. They will even provide them for you at CC!

Where exactly are you located in GA? I bet we aren't too far from each other!

Have a great day! ;)

CourtneysMom
09-25-2003, 08:22 AM
Tiffany - We live in Canton, Ga north of Atlanta up I-75 to I-575.

We are all so excited about this cruise. There will be several of us. We have 4 rooms.

celebrate life
09-25-2003, 02:48 PM
Peggy Sue:

We plan on being there too. (cross my fingers and hope that Disneyfan551 is correct in saying God Answers Prayers, because we need one). I've plunked the $ down, and a big chunk too, as it is 5 of us, so needed the verandah. Well that is my excuse anyway. (myself, dh, ds 10,12 and dd 5)

We are TRYING desparately to sell our second house. It has been empty for quite a while now. Thought it would be sold by now. My DH won't go and feel comfortable unless we get an earnest $ (offer) down on it. We have one month until I will be forced to cancel. (And I WILL FREAK out!). I have been planning this for a couple of years, even convinced my extended family to join us for the WDW part prior at Thanksgiving. So the whole reunion will be ruined if we have to cancel, not too mention I will be out alot of $.

Have no idea how to convince my DH that memories are worth much more than new pavement/sidewalk and new underground electrical wiring to our current house (That is in a constant state of remodel). I really think he doesn't want to LOOK bad to his parents/etc. by having this FUN/(extravagant in his mind) vacation while the other home is still sitting there. I work hard, I've earned this trip, and it will be my 40th birthday while on board, so yes, I want to spoil myself.:smooth: We will also be celebrating my dd birthday too, so it is quite an event for us. I've tried to tell my DH that he doesn't even have to drag down the Christmas decorations (I am a decorating fanatic) from the attic, as I will get my fill for the season. Nothing seems to help.

Any comments, suggestions/stories for convincing him of the TRUE importance in life.....Family in my mind, would be much appreciated.

To top it off, the Mousefest will be going on on this cruise too, what a coo! I just KNOW it is destiny and will try to keep my hopes up!

celebrate life

Peggy Sue
09-25-2003, 07:35 PM
Celbrate Life,

I'll be saying an extra prayer that things will work out with your house and you all will be on the cruise!

The past couple of weeks I've been following the posts from the Page family. Hearing about the events leading up to their cruise, reading their trip report and all the post cruise messages have been very inspirational and uplifting and really brought to light the meaning of family and the importance of spending time together. Perhaps you could share Nate's story with your husband?

Funny, we return home 12/8, and I too have been thinking about scaling back our home christmas decorating. I also go nuts with decorations and thought I'd save myself some work because we will be enjoying the disney decorations for 12 days. Bet I still break down and drag it all upstairs!!

Sending you a sky full of pixie dust ... hope to meet you all on the cruise!

Peggy sue

bigsky
09-25-2003, 07:50 PM
Celebrate Life...

Yes, God does answer prayers. May not be what we want, but He does! THings happen for a reason. And things that are meant to be, will happen.

I hope you can join us!! I couldn't imagine planning a trip and having to cancel..what a bummer.

We had our home up for sale and found another homewe wanted to buy. We were getting ready to get a bid on our home. We had to have it in order to buy the other home. Someone out from no where bought the home that we wanted! Then the next day, we got the offer on our home.
We drove around looking for property which we had done in the past two yrs. But went looking and came across some property. Long story, but we put a bid on it in the next few days and built our dream home on it. We couldn't be happier and sooooo glad we didn't get that other home that we prayed about so much to have.
Ok..I know this is too much info. But being a Christian, I do know He does answer prayers..;)
Keep us posted! I hope to see your there!!

Laura

celebrate life
09-26-2003, 01:26 PM
Thanks for the responses. I sent a note on to the pages after reading a bit about their thread.

Just wanted you both to know that I am feeling a bit selfish about wanting this trip, and do have "faith" in God and his purposes for things - as I have a daughter with Downs syndrome and realize that you can't control life. I just get frustrated when I can't see the purpose.

I want this trip so bad, as the last 5 years (since dd was born) have been difficult. (My daughter goes to Kindergarten, and went to preschool, in another state (one hour from us), and lives with grandparents during the week. They are so "attached" to her now, they don't want to give her up. (they are retired, and she is their life.....) but we, (our family) miss her and know she belongs with us, and need her to be coming back home for good next school year.

I want this trip so as to have a chance to spend time with her and see WDW from her perspective, (even if it is more work on us). It should be interesting as we probably won't be able to walk 2 feet - she says "hello" to everyone she passes, and expects a reaction in return.

She is a part of our family and needs to be a part of our fun experiences too. (I am so looking forward to the dolphin encounter with her - as we hear dolphins respond very well to people w/downs syndrome for some reason).

We have moved to an old house that needs major improvements, on top of her special "attention" needs, my dh has his own business, (also spent the last two years n a temp job to pay for our move), as well as dealing with all the sports/school functions our two boys, 10/12 year olds are into.

We haven't had a real break since dd was born, and just NEED it.

So, I'll watch for the signs and "believe in the magic....."

Look forward to seeing everyone!

Celebrate Life

bigsky
09-26-2003, 04:13 PM
Celebrate life..

You live in such a beautful place! We live in Mt. and just visited Cannon Beach last month for our family vacation. We had a wonderful time!!

Anyways!!...I feel for you. I'm sorry you have had to go through what you have had to. The trials that God gives us makes us stronger and makes us who we are. I'm sure you are very special people. God does not give us anything more than we can handle.

I will be praying for you. God may have another plan for you. But I hope it's being at WDW with your beautiful daughter and boys. What a joy to meet Mickey!! Sounds like you need this.

Take care and keep us posted. I'll be looking for you! ;)

Laura

Peggy Sue
09-27-2003, 08:22 PM
Celebrate life,

You shouldn't feel selfish about wanting this trip. You and your family deserve some special family time too!

I'm looking forward to meeting you all on the cruise...and I'm really looking forward to having a conversation with your DD!

Prayers and pixie dust continue to come your way.

Peggy sue

ohiominnie
10-03-2003, 07:58 AM
celebrate life...

how's it going with the house??

keep us updated!

I'm so excited about this cruise now that we're back from our 3 day. I couldn't bring myself to get too excited about this one until the surprise one was over. Now I'm ticking down the days!!

disneyfan551
10-03-2003, 09:30 AM
I've been wondering about the house situation as well!! Hope things are going well for you!!

We are getting ready to go to Myrtle Beach next weekend! This is keeping me excited for now. However, I am starting to worry about our land/sea trip, because it's getting soooo close!! :earseek:

Hope everyone has a great weekend! :wave2:

CourtneysMom
10-03-2003, 09:24 PM
Hello everyone - I am gettign so excited about the cruise.

Has anyone picked there excursions yet.

I think we have decided to not do any excursions this time.

We really wanted to do the Dolphin Encounter but I was afraid our daughter 5 would maybe be scared of them.

Probably to late anyway to get in on that excursion.

Celebrate Life - Same here hows it going with the house?

DisneyFan - We are not that far from each other.

Not much longer.

bigsky
10-04-2003, 10:05 AM
Hey guys..

We can now say that we're going on our cruise NEXT MONTH!
I've been saying that since Oct. 1st...

Just got my Alien Green Mickey heads and need to put them on the suitcases. It will be getting chilly real soon here and we're almost all out of shorts here in Mt. So I can start packing away the summer stuff for our trip.

We're going to WDW for four days prior to the cruise. We have sooooooo much stuff to pack. Anyone for our cruise have your suitcases out with stuff in them??

I can't wait! :Pinkbounc

Laura

ohiominnie
10-04-2003, 10:51 AM
No packing yet. But we just unpacked from our last cruise! :) Still doing some of that laundry!

Dh has made extensive packing lists on his palm pilot so that it's an easy checklist system. We'll probably start most of our packing about 3 days from the day we leave. We have to pack for 2 days of travel, 4 on the cruise and (?) 10 at Disney. Luckily once we hit WDW we'll have a washer and dryer! Of course my vacation pictures will look like I only took 3 or 4 outfits! :)

We also have been saying "next month we cruise!" And, technically, we cruise in November AND December!! Woo-hoo! :)

bigsky
10-04-2003, 11:33 AM
Any pics. OhioMinnie from your last trip?? How old r your kids??

Laura

ohiominnie
10-04-2003, 06:44 PM
I've got a 9 yr old girl and my ds will be very close to 7 on this cruise. :)

Got pictures, but they are being held hostage in the camera. Unfortunately, I"m not computer literate enough to rescue them so I have to wait on dh to do it. I'm VERY interested in seeing similar pictures from my May cruise and this last cruise (to see the change in weight)

Of course, today I'm so viral I barely got off the couch, so I'm feeling very fat! :(

disneyfan551
10-06-2003, 11:46 AM
ohiominnie- hope you are feeling better! :D

Is anyone booking any excursions? I'm thinking about Blue Lagoon, but I'm really not sure yet. With my very active 2yo dd, I can't count on anything!! :crazy:

No, I haven't started packing in our suitcases yet. I still have to pack for our beach trip this weekend. However, I do have a few bags of "vacation goodies" in the basement! :teeth:

CourtneysMom
10-14-2003, 06:18 PM
Has anyone gotten any paper work yet? I guess we should be getting our in the next week or 2. Out TA said we should get the paper work around 4-6 weeks before cruise.

I am so worried that I will not bring the right clothes or as usual I will pack way to much.

You won't be able to miss us at dinner we are a group of 12. I am hoping we will all be able to set together. We also have late dining I was kind of hoping for early dining. So we may feed DD early and let her goto club why we eat dinner and go out afterwards.

Also I am wanting to do the spa. Any of you have ideas of some thing good to do.

Less then 7 weeks to go.....:Pinkbounc :bounce:

bigsky
10-14-2003, 07:00 PM
We haven't received anything yet either. The only thing we got was confirmation of an upgrade we got on our hotel part of our pkg. We went from POR to the Dolphin! We're taking it! Location is wonderful!!

I'm trying to figure out how to put a picture where my counter was. I deleted that and tried putting in a picture. Those directions are so difficult to follow. They said to post it where it says signature and I lost my counter. So need to put that back. Love to see my countdown clock! I'm driving my friends nuts telling them how much longer we have to go! Sometimes I have to hide my excitement so it won't seem like I'm bragging at work. So I don't talk about it unless I'm asked.

WEll, at least we can do that here!!!

Anyways, if anyone can help me get a picture on the bottom of my posts, that would be great!

Laura

CourtneysMom
10-14-2003, 08:09 PM
How do I post a picture?

Amelia
10-15-2003, 01:54 PM
Ok, this post is better late than never!!

First I want to say hi to Peggy Sue, Tiffany, lovemickey, ohiominnie, Kim, Laura, Bellewish, Like to Dis, and celebratelife! I, too will be on the 11/30 cruise and can't wait to meet all of you! My party will consist of myself, my DH and my 16 year old son. This is our second Disney cruise and it's just as exciting as the first one!! We also will be cruising on the Mousefest plan but not sure how many activities we'll partake in.

I see that a few of you are also WISHers!! I'm a WISHer too!

I'm counting down the days until we sail!!

See ya soon!

CourtneysMom
10-15-2003, 02:11 PM
Hello everyone..........GUESS WHAT:Pinkbounc We have been upgraded.

I called Disney today to see if I could give my Neice and onboard credit on her card. I was told yes I could. The nice lady looked up our cruise info even though we went through a travel agent. While she had it up I asked her if we had been assigned rooms yet and she said yes.

We got upraded to a Cat 8 from Cat 11.

We are all in Rooms 5504,5506,5508,5510 on Deck 5

I AM JUST SO EXCITED......I hope to hear that my fellow shipmates get the same good luck.

Amelia
10-15-2003, 02:37 PM
WOW!! That's great news!!

I bet they could have knocked you over with a feather!! Congratulations!

celebrate life
10-15-2003, 02:59 PM
To all:

Thanks so much for thinking of us, sorry I have been out of touch lately. WE SOLD OUR HOUSE! YES! My husband signed the earnest $ agreement when I was away traveling for work, as a
"surprise". The date on it was Nov. 28.. (Of course I had us scheduled to be in Florida by then for my family's mini reunion at Thanksgiving). I know we can work around the date, but am just freaking out! We actually hope that the closing will be sooner as the buyer wants it ASAP.

Now for the really BAD news! I can not convince my husband to go on the cruise part of the vacation. He says he can probably handle the reunion part (with the in-laws, but he will suffer), and he thinks he's already seen WDW, (we were there once with boys for 5 days - we only touched on it, still hundreds of things they have not seen, especially at that time of year). He loved Hawaii when he was a boy about my kids ages, and talks about it all the time, so I thought for sure he'd love the Bahama's too. He loves to snorkel and swim with the kids. I felt like the cruise part of the trip was for him, so he wouldn't complain about being with the in-laws so much. So now, we have the money---no excuses, but it is KILLING him to think about spending the cruise dollars, on something he can not touch, and will be gone in 4 days.
(He wants me to cancel this - ouch!)

I have the hardest time understanding people who do not feel that memories are the most valuable things in life. Who cares about the objects? They will be gone/sold/ect., but the memories will be there forever. I guess that is why we are all raised differently, and why this is my biggest marriage challenge.

I have this week (and maybe this weekend) to convince him of how wonderful of a time it will be, and well worth every penny.
Believe me, I have showed him EVERY review post about this cruise from EVERY site. (Of course they are all the same - WONDERFUL).

Any help to CONVINCE him from any other non-disney tag-alongs would be much appreciated. I think he needs to know from people who are not total disney nuts like me that it REALLY IS A GOOD TIME!

How do you get someone excited about this? I can't for the life of me figure out how any one couldn't be thrilled? :earseek:

Thanks! Again I keep my hopes up, and will let you know next week, or sooner I hope, how the discussions progress.

Celebrate Life

bigsky
10-15-2003, 06:04 PM
Celebrate Life- Oh I hope you'll be joining us!! I can't wait. I think I have about 40 days to go!! Going to WDW before the cruise. Please keep us posted. Work on your dh. Something always comes up for us. We keep canceling our trips. This yr, we said we're doing it! Memories do last a life time.

Hi Amelia- My daughter is 15. Glad to see that they'll be kids her age as well. They'll have so much fun!

Courtneys mom- So glad you got an upgrade! We got it for our hotel, would love one on the cruise!! I would love the kids to experience the verandah. Can't beat them. Just couldn't spend the money this yr. for it.

We're doing the Atlantis excursion. Anyone else? Booking a room at the Comfort Suites. I hope it's worth the money.

What r all of you doing in Freeport? I was thinking of the Lucayan excursion. Not sure yet.

Laura :wave2:

Amelia
10-15-2003, 06:21 PM
Hi Laura!

We'll be staying at the Radisson at the port the night before our cruise and at the Dolphin for our stay at WDW.

I'm also glad to see that there will be other teen on the ship during our sail. I'm a little nervous about who we might get as dinner companions though. Our last cruise we sailed with more family members and were all seated together. This time it's just DH, DS and myself. Can anyone tell me how the dining with strangers thing worked out for them. Good or bad, I'd like to know.

I think we're going to stay on board ship and not get off at all this time. There's sure to be lots of special things going on for the Christmas season. Our last cruise we didn't have time to do everything we wanted to get done!!

Thanks!

bigsky
10-15-2003, 06:39 PM
Hi Amelia!

I asked to change to early dining. We adjust to it usually and I like to eat then go to the shows. AFter that, just relax on deck or in our room...usually on the verandah, but this time we don't have one. :(

Last Fall when we went, we asked to move to first dining. We got seated next to another couple by the window. We had so much fun with them! I still keep in touch with her. Nice way to meet people. You could have ones that you don't like either. Maybe we'll be seated by you! :Pinkbounc

Are you staying at the Dolphin AFTER the cruise?? Was that an upgrade for you??

We all need to meet somewhere on the ship. I'll be looking for you, your dh and 16 yr son. We have us and our kids..dd 15, and ds, 13.

We're getting to port first thing. I asked to be picked up around 9:00 am. RAther sit at the port looking at the ship than my hotel.

Laura

CourtneysMom
10-15-2003, 06:41 PM
We will be staying at the New Holiday Inn Express in Cocoa Beach

I am gettign so excited....now that it is getting closer. I hope the weather is great.
:earsgirl:

Laura- We have late dining...but are on a waiting list for the early. We have decided not to do any excersions. We are just going to go to Palo and the Spa.

We are also spending Sat night in Cocoa Beach. Right now we are considering leaving Friday and stay Fri and Sat night in Cocoa Beach.

I would love to meet up with everyone.

It will be me, DH and our DD (5)

Plus my parents and my 2 brothers and their family.

NCLinda
10-15-2003, 07:44 PM
Hi Everyone - I just found these boards so I haven't posted to this thread before.

Dh and I will be traveling with Dd (12) and Ds (11). We will be at the WDW parks for 4 days before the cruise. This is my kid's first trip to WDW and first time on a cruise!

Does anyone else have kids that are 10-12? I would love to have the kids emailing each other before the trip.

I'd also love to meet all of you,
Linda

ohiominnie
10-15-2003, 08:22 PM
I'm going to try to hit on everyones questions/comments at one time, but forgive me if I miss chiming in on some---our well just ran dry and I'm on the DIS as therapy so I don't go crazy thinking of how dependent I am on water and now how I have NONE!!! ACK!

Anyway...we are early seating, but there will be 7 of us, so I suspect we'll all be at the same table with no one else.

We are not getting off the ship either....well, except for that glorious day at Castaway Cay!! :) We have no excursions planned. My parents and neice are going with us...who knows it they'll want to get off the ship for any reason. I suspect my parents won't...don't know about my neice. Probably doubtful once we tell here there is NOTHING as good as the Disney Wonder in Nassau or Freeport. :)

We are spending the two nights before at the Hampton Inn at Cocoa Beach. Going down a couple of days early. Hoping to do the Kennedy Space Center and then be at Jetty Park to watch the Magic sail on Saturday. :)

After the cruise we're going over to WDW and staying at the Villas at Wilderness Lodge for 9 nights. Can't wait to see snow on Main Street again during MVMCP. :)

celebrate life...congrats on the house sale. About cancelling this cruise....aren't you within the 60 days where you start having penalties for cancelling? Surely you wouldn't want to LOSE out on money, right? I'm hoping you'll be able to join us.

Kids? Mine are smaller than most of yours. I've got a 9 yr old and a 6 1/2 yr old.

Dining with strangers....well, it was odd. Oh, nevermind. That was my MIL and her dh. I saw the word "strange" and assumed you meant them. ;) ;)

Well, must go test the well pump. Thank you for letting me have some therapy here. For 10 minutes I didn't think about how we'd flush the toilets!!

Peggy Sue
10-15-2003, 08:25 PM
Wow, so glad to see everyone posting and getting excited about our cruise! woo hoo! We too are thilled to be able to say we'll be on a cruise next month! (We heading to WDW 10/27 first for 7 nights to enjoy the food and wine festival!! can't wait!)

celebrate life - so happy to hear you've sold your home. Keep working on DH...we hope to see you all on the cruise!! I agree, making memories are worth investing $$'s!

bigsky - we too have book an room at the comfort suites in Nassau to enjoy the pool at the atlantis. Still not certain if we'll keep the ressies or just hang out on the boat. Our issue is we're not that thrilled about going to Freeport the next day and not certain we want to spend two full days on the ship before getting off at castaway cay. Still have time to decide before the cruise. Another deciding factor will be what the weather is going to be like by then.

Everyone...looking forward to meeting you all!!! Looks like we got quite a crew from here going!

Peggy Sue

bigsky
10-15-2003, 08:59 PM
I'm leaning towards spending the money for the excursion at Atlantis cuz we all know it's a wonderful place and well worth the money.
I'm thinking maybe staying on at Freeport since we just went in September.
Now if it was a place that I just love, that's another story.
Haven't decided on that one.

Laura

ANyone pleeeeeeeeease tell me how to put a cute picture at the bottom of my posts.

CourtneysMom
10-15-2003, 09:05 PM
I think we would like to do the Atlantic but what could I do with our daughter?

Is it a great casino with the one arm bandits....

:tongue:

So far we have decided to not do any excersions except maybe get off the boat and check out the ports a little bit and shop and then go back to the ship.

I do plan to go to the spa for the works.....and maybe Palo's

bigsky
10-15-2003, 10:06 PM
Well, you could go on some of the rides with her. There's the lazy river. Some of them would be too much for her. Maybe with one that young, you could just do the dig and walk around. I heard after 5:00 pm or 5:30, you could walk around the dig for free. Not sure if this is true..read it on a thread.

Our kids are 13 and 15 so I think they'll just love this place!
I'd rather have just a day at sea than Freeport, but that's ok.

I've been thinking about the spa. How much is it? Not sure if I want to spend the money.

Plan to do Palo's, but not sure what night. I'd rather make the ressie, and cancel if we change out minds.

Laura

Amelia
10-16-2003, 03:47 AM
This is fun talking with everyone about our up coming cruise!

Laura- Our Dolphin stay is after our cruise. It's not an up grade, we booked that ourselves.

Wouldn't it be great if we did get to set together at dinner?! We were assigned late seating but I've asked to be put on the early dining rotation and am on a waiting list. I much prefer eating early, watching the show then just spending the evening relaxing.

This is going to be so great!! Can't wait to meet you all!

ohiominnie
10-16-2003, 06:23 AM
Good mornin' all....

I'm not sure if you guys know this, or if you want to do it. I'm only telling you in case you don't know.

If you find someone you want to sit with at dinner....for example, Laura and Amelia decide you want to be tablemates....you can call DCL and link your reservations. That way you aren't sitting with a stranger, but rather another DIS'er. You'd have to both be on the same seating and you'd have to know the other person's reservation number.

This will keep you from sitting with people you don't know!

I think I'm set for this cruise....we've got 7 in our party, chances are we won't be with anyone else.

HTH.
God bless,
ohiominnie--who is expecting the sun room contractor, the roofing contractor, the well drillers and furniture delivery today!! whew!

disneyfan551
10-16-2003, 07:30 AM
celebratelife...That's great that you sold your house!! I sure hope you can talk your dh into going. My dh is the same way, he thinks it's the same old thing every year. However, he's willing to go this year, since it's our 2yo's 1st cruise & 1st time at Disney during the holidays. Actually it's our 1st of those too! But, he's willing to go, just to watch her have a good time. He knows that I will go with or without him every year! (and it's a heck of a lot more fun when it's a girls only trip!! :teeth: ) I just can't understand how anyone can't love it like I do.:lovestruc

nclinda...Welcome to our group! Where are you from in NC? You never know, we may be close to each other!

courtneysmom...WOW! :Pinkbounc Congrats on your upgrade!! I only wish we could be so lucky!

If anyone has the late seating, that's where we will be...the table of 5 adults and 3 loud 2 year olds! :crazy:

CourtneysMom
10-16-2003, 07:54 AM
Thanks Tiffany

We will be the group of 12 at the late dining unless we are able to get it changed.

There will be 8 adults and 4 kids. So I am sure we will have a table to our self.

disneyfan551
10-16-2003, 08:02 AM
I'm hoping we have a table to ourselves also. I would think we would, since we have 8 in our group. But, if we don't, it's not the end of the world! :D

Are you planning to visit Palo? I'm trying to figure out which night to do it on...

btw...your kids are precious!! ::yes::

bigsky
10-16-2003, 10:00 AM
Hey CourtneysMom,

I think your going to miss your boat with your counter as it is. We leave VERY early Wed. morn before the cruise, and we're at 40 days left. If you leave on Sat, add 3 days..Sund..4 days.
Maybe I'm wrong??

I know I want my counter to have as little days on it. I'm counting down and can NOT wait for this trip! Luckily, I share a classroom with a total Disney nut and wants to know all about our trip all the time! Otherwise I don't share at work. Don't want them to think I'm bragging or them get tired of hearing about it.

I'm going to get my suitcases out into the spare bedroom. Put my Alien green Mickey heads on them..and maybe put a few things in them! I don't want to forget anything! The list is growing!

Anyone else have their suitcases out? Or am I the only crazy one here?!!
Laura~:Pinkbounc

disneyfan551
10-16-2003, 10:04 AM
Now that my beach trip is over, I am ready to start packing for Disney! I am just worried, because I know I will pack tooooo much!! I always do! I'm going to try to have the pre/post cruise stuff seperate though.

Is anyone else starting to get nervous? I am starting to freak out with all of the things to do. Not to mention Christmas buying and decorating... :rolleyes: I am NOT going to do that when I come back, so I need to get it over with now!

ohiominnie
10-16-2003, 10:09 AM
Laura,
I've got my counter set to 11/30 around noon (embarkation time) It's showing 45 days too. We leave in the wee hours of the morning on Thanksgiving day, so I could have put my departure from home time on there, but opted for sailing date.

45 is not very many!!!

bigsky
10-16-2003, 10:11 AM
Oh my! I"m NOT even going to think about Christmas decorations. Too much for me! :crazy2:
I have to concentrate on just packing for this trip. Then when we return, I'll start decorating.
I don't want to be too down either after we get back. That's hard when you plan and plan and look forward to something for so long..then it's over. I told my dh that I'll just plan something for next yr. That will be my 40th and I want to go on another cruise..not sure where though. Then I can start this planning process over again. How fun is that!:Pinkbounc

Laura~

ohiominnie
10-16-2003, 10:14 AM
Originally posted by disneyfan551
Not to mention Christmas buying and decorating... :rolleyes: I am NOT going to do that when I come back, so I need to get it over with now!

We've been going to WDW in early December for a couple years. This will actually be our third year. I've found that my decorating at home has gone WAY down. We'll put up the tree. And the Disney pin advent calendar. And we'll hang stockings. But no longer will I wrap my banisters with evergreens and lights. We don't decorate outside. There won't be little Christmas knick knacks everywhere.

Seems like I got spoiled with Disney decorating and no matter how much I do here it pales in comparison. Besides, when I'm gone for 2 weeks of it, I don't see it that long.

Ds was rallying to put the tree up yesterday, but that's a bit too soon. Although it will probably go up mid-November. That is my favorite part of decorating b/c of all the special ornaments we pull out each year that have memories attached to them....the laminated footprints from my kids' first Christmases, the pie plate ornament I made in 1st grade, the yellow ribbon from our school's Christmas tree when the hostages were in Iran....

bigsky
10-16-2003, 11:35 AM
I guess I got my dates for her counter misfigured. I opted to put my countdown the time we leave for the airport. The earlier the better!
OUr flight leaves at 6:30 am...get into Orlando at 4:25...a long day for us!

Laura

Like to Dis
10-16-2003, 06:31 PM
Hi everyone,
We have been upgraded!!!!!!cat 11 to cat 8 Wahoo:earseek: We couldn't believe it when we were told, can't wait for the documents just to be sure.......Hope to met everyone on board. DS 7 and DD 2 can't wait. 1st cruise for them.pirate:

CourtneysMom
10-16-2003, 07:17 PM
Like to Dis - We also got an upgrade from Cat 11 to Cat 8

What is your room number. Ours is 5506 on Deck 5

I would love to meet up with you all on the ship DD 5

Like our daughter and your son will be in the same club.

What time are you eating dinner?

bigsky
10-16-2003, 08:25 PM
I want one!! I want one!! :Pinkbounc

Well, congrats you guys! That's great!

Laura

disneyfan551
10-17-2003, 08:48 AM
That's great about the upgrades! ::yes:: I doubt we'll get one because we booked with the mousefest, which is already discounted. And, we have adjoining rooms with our friends. If it happens though, it would be terrific! :Pinkbounc

I am buckling down this weekend and majorly cleaning my house! This is a small step to getting ready for putting Christmas decorations up before we leave! I think I may even pack for vacation too!! :teeth: Dh will be out of town hunting, so it will be the perfect time!

Amelia
10-17-2003, 09:00 AM
WOW! The upgrades are flying fast and furious! lol Congrats to all of you who got one!

I'd love to get an upgrade. Now THAT would be the icing on the cake!

I'll keep my fingers crossed!

How did all of you find out you received an upgrade?

Angel51201
10-17-2003, 09:43 AM
Woohoo!!!! I'm coming with you guys too :hyper:

My DS16 has decided NOT to go with us :( , due to missing school. (His decision...and a very mature one, I might add.) My DD2 will be with me and disneyfan551, my DB (her hubby) and DN2 (her daughter) and some of their friends!!!! We're ready to have fun, fun, fun, and celebrate my divorce!!!! :pinkbounce: :pinkbounce:

I sure hope, for my DD's sake, that it's warm enough to swim in the Mickey Mouse pool on the "big boat":boat:. Personally, I'd be happy enough not to even pack a bathing suit, but will, of course.

Looking forward to meeting everyone,
Diane :tongue:

:tongue:

bigsky
10-17-2003, 09:59 AM
Angel51201~

Too bad your ds won't be there! Tell him my beautiful dd 15 will be there! JK...
I know I was worried about my dd missing as well. We're also going to WDW before. With the Thanksgiving vacation combined, and making them go back the next morn. after we get back. They'll only miss four days. But when you're in high school, that makes a huge difference.
I'm making sure all the teachers know well in advance and get as much homework as possible ahead of time.

I don't think we'll be pulling them out again to do this. May just have to go a better time for them.

I just couldn't imagine my kids not going with me. These memories are priceless.

But a very mature decision at that for him!

See ya there! We only have 39 days before we leave..(wdw first)
Laura

NCLinda
10-17-2003, 11:12 AM
Hi Again everyone.

Is there anyone who is going bringing kids this age?

12 year old girl
11 year old boy

I really would love for my kids to "meet" some friends before we go!

Linda

ohiominnie
10-23-2003, 07:15 PM
Received my documents today!!!!! WOO-HOO!!!!!!

Bellewish
10-23-2003, 08:24 PM
Hi everyone! DH and I are getting really excited for this cruise too. Our TA from Mouse Ear Vacations said she will be sending out documents to her MouseFest clients the first week of November. Man, I wish I could get in on this upgrade action! We have a Cat 9 but would LOVE a verandah. :cool:

disneyfan551
10-28-2003, 10:49 AM
bump up, for some new cruise-mates! ;)

hope all is going well with everyone! today is our official "1 month from today" mark! woohoo!!! :cool1:

Amelia
10-28-2003, 12:35 PM
I got my luggage out this morning!!

One month and counting!

Can't wait to meet all of you! Especially all my WISH buddies!

bigsky
10-28-2003, 03:20 PM
I have 28 more days!! We're going to WDW before hand. I'm soooooo excited. I got my luggage out last weekend.

But I can't find our birth certificates!! I have the kids, but can't find my dh and mine. I guess I have to get copies. Will call the county we were born in and have that done. They better be here!

We just went on a cruise last FAll, so I know they're around.
So frustrating!!

See ya there!!
:wave:

Laura

ohiominnie
10-29-2003, 05:03 PM
Do we have some sort of DIS meet planned for this cruise????

bigsky
10-29-2003, 08:04 PM
Hey...we can! ::yes::

My family thinks I"m totally nuts..but that's ok.

Where's a good place?

Laura

LoveMickey
10-30-2003, 05:59 AM
We are getting excited also. I got our luggage out last weekend and have been going through our summer clothes.

Waiting for news on our docs, we booked through Mousefest too.

The time has gone by fast, considering.

See you all on the ship.

:wave:

ohiominnie
11-01-2003, 08:31 AM
I'd say meet up by the Mickey pool somewhere, that way my kids aren't whining they have to get out to meet DIS ppl! :)
Anyone else?

OH, and btw......

We cruise THIS month!!!!!!!!!!!!

bigsky
11-01-2003, 08:59 AM
OhioMinnie you beat me to it!! I was just coming on the computer bright and early this am to say, "We cruise this month!!"

Will this be after we leave port or before? I know I'm technical, I plan everything. (almost)

Can't wait to go!! :Pinkbounc

We leave in 24!!

Laura

ohiominnie
11-01-2003, 09:43 AM
I'd say DIS meet before. After we leave the port it's sailaway party then watch the ship pulling out then dinner.

The last DIS meet I went to onboard was at 3:00 in Promenade lounge. Before the life boat drill. This was a decent time, but bad place---my drippy "Mickey pool wet" kids were FREEZING in the A/C. We ended up only staying a few minutes. It was long enough for my dd to meet another little girl her age (WVMD's dd) and they had fun in the clubs together since they "knew" each other. :)

We could do it in the terminal....we'll be near the front of the line :) but if anyone gets there after 12:00, we'll be on board already.

If we did it around 2:45/3:00 near the pool then ppl would be done rushing for their Palo and spa reservations, you'd already have checked out the room, etc....and it'd just be some "free time" until you needed to get ready for the drill.

Anyone else up for this??

btw, bigsky...I woke up today and my second thought was "we cruise this month." Of course my first one was "ugh, it's early!" :)

NCLinda
11-01-2003, 10:27 AM
We are defintiely up for it - it will be great to meet everyone - FINALLY!!

Just tell me when and where

Linda

Like to Dis
11-01-2003, 01:27 PM
:earseek:
It's official, we received our documents today!!!!!!!!! Yahoo!!!!!! Now were really getting excited......Our upgrade is also official....: Can't wait to go!!!!!!
:Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce:

CourtneysMom
11-01-2003, 02:42 PM
Meeting by the pool at 3:00 would be great. Since we will also be making appt at the spa and checking out our room.

I am getting so excited.

Only downside for me is I ended up having to have surgery this past Thursday and I can not lift anything for 2 weeks. My doctor ended up finding a large cyst on my left ovary. I am glad he decided to go in and remove it because it turned out my left tube was in very bad shape all twisted up. He said that was what was causing me all my pain. So now I should be feeling well for our cruise.

I am bring dd(Courtney) Snow White dress it is so pretty it is one of the Disney Store Deluxe Costumes to wear to dinner. I am also bringing here Christmas dress for dinner one night. We are all hoping to dress nice one night to match her Christmas dress for a nice picture.

We are leaving Friday after Thankgiving and staying in Cocoa for 2 nights.....So we only have 4 more weekends of getting ready......I just can't wait.

We will all be in our matching Mickey shirts I got us all at the Disney Store since they were on sale.

Can't wait to meet everyone. Does anyone in our group have a child that will be in the 5-6 age group?

ohiominnie
11-01-2003, 04:22 PM
Originally posted by CourtneysMom
Does anyone in our group have a child that will be in the 5-6 age group?

I've got a little boy who is 6. :)

Also a dd who is 9 who looks like she is 6 (about 44 pounds!) :)

CourtneysMom
11-01-2003, 04:29 PM
Ohiominnie - Our daughter is 5 she will also have her cousin who is 6 cruising with us. Can'r wait to meet you and your family. Hopefully my daughter will have a new friend to play with.

Like to Dis
11-01-2003, 05:09 PM
pirate: Our DS is 7 and our DD will be 2 weeks shy of 3. Looking forward to meeting everyone. I'm thinking this is going to be a long 4 weeks.... Boy are we looking forward to this....
Our 3rd cruise, 1st Disney cruise....:Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce:

bigsky
11-01-2003, 05:17 PM
I forgot to ask...any teenagers on our cruise? I have a dd-15 and ds-13.

Laura

Amelia
11-02-2003, 08:34 AM
We'll be on the Mousefest cruise too and yes there will be another teenages on board. My ds is 16 and he'll be cruising with us. I like the idea of the 3:00 meet! I'll run it by my husband and son and see if I can get them interested. I'll check back once I find out!!

This sounds like sooo much fun! By the way, I'm so jealous of all of you who already have your documents!! I reserved with Mouse Ears Vacation, has any one who reserved through Mouse Ears gotten the documents yet?

bigsky
11-02-2003, 08:40 AM
We booked with AllSeas and we haven't received them either.:(
So don't feel bad. But when I do, you guys will be the first to hear about it!! :teeth:

Laura

TimonTracy
11-03-2003, 07:32 AM
Hi there,
I just now found this thread. I'm going solo on this trip. I booked with MouseEarVacations so I am anxiously awaiting my docs. An upgrade would be cool but I'm pretty happy with my stateroom anyways.

Haven't decided if I'm going to do any excursions. I would like to go see Atlantis, but I just want to go to the casino - so we'll see.

Can't wait to see all the people from the different message boards !

disneyfan551
11-03-2003, 02:32 PM
We booked with MEV too, and no doc's yet. However, they said they are waiting for me to return the "receipt" before they get the doc's in that they are expecting this week.

I'm glad we aren't the only ones dressing up our dd at dinner! She will probably be more dressy than us every night! I just found her a Cinderella costume on sale, the day after Halloween! So, she will wear it one night, as well as at our breakfast with the princesses at CRT when we return to WDW! She's only 2, but she's excited!! princess:

disneyfan551
11-05-2003, 07:48 AM
Since we are so close to our date, is anyone (besides me :crazy: ) getting nervous yet???

CourtneysMom
11-05-2003, 07:59 AM
Yes I am getting very nervousand excited

I am waiting on DH to get all our Christmas stuff doen so I can go ahead and decorate the inside of the house. Then when we get back all we have to do is the outside of the house.

I have not started packing yet. Probably not until next will I start. It has still been warm here in Georgia so we are still wearing our shorts at times.

Can't wait to meet everyone. Our travel Agent said we should have or docs by Friday. He did confirm that we were upgraded and still in room 5506.

I can't wait to hear where everyone else is going to be.....:Pinkbounc

Like to Dis
11-05-2003, 06:08 PM
:wave2: My Father and Step mother are traveling with us and we both recieved our documents over the weekend. We are in 5516. We are really excited about going but, we did not start packing yet. I think if we started packing this early we would go nuts:bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc pirate:

CourtneysMom
11-05-2003, 06:15 PM
Like to Dis - We are travel with my parents and my 2 brothers and their family. So we will have 4 rooms right by you. We have rooms 5504,5506,5508,5510

I am so excited. I plan to start packing next week.

Like to Dis
11-05-2003, 06:30 PM
We also recieved an upgrade. Sounds like that must be the upgrade deck!!!!!!!!:tongue: Can't wait to leave!!!!!! My Father lives in Fl. so we are leaving Wednesday to spend the Holiday with him then going to Disney overnight before the cruise. Then when we get back spending a few more nights at his house. Boy are we all excited::yes:: ::yes:: ::yes:: ::yes::

CourtneysMom
11-05-2003, 06:39 PM
Like to Dis - Would di dyou book your cruise throught.

We booked htrough Vacation to go. And yes we got and upgrade also from Cat 11 to Cat 8

We are very excited....:Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce:

Like to Dis
11-05-2003, 06:45 PM
We booked with All Aboard cruises. Can't wait......Did everyone decide on a time and place to meet?pirate:

CourtneysMom
11-05-2003, 07:03 PM
I am so sorry for my typing.....I can't seem to spell anything correctly.....it must be the excitement...LOL I thought we had said 3:00 by the Mickey Pool

We are also leaving early. We are driving down from Georgia the Friday after Thanksgiving and staying in Cocoa for 2 nights.

CWTAMI
11-06-2003, 11:08 AM
Hi Everyone!

Hope you don't mind I'm joining in so late.

My sister, Debbie, and I will be on the 11/30/03 Wonder Cruise. We are flying to Orlando on 11/26, spending four days at WDW, then cruising before returning home.

We've received news of a hotel upgrade from CBR to Swan or Dolphin, but nothing so far on a cabin upgrade. And we still haven't found out our flight times.

We've been travel mates since I started working, but this will probably be our last trip together since she is getting married next year.

This will be our 3rd trip to WDW during the Christmas season. I'm looking forward to the Candlelight Processional. We have that booked for Saturday 11/29. First an early dinner at Mexico, then the show. Dissapointed that there are no lanyards this year. I finally decided to start collecting pins, since I have all the magnets I need.

I have been enjoying reading all of your posts and finally decided to add my thoughts while waiting anxiously for vacation.

Tami

disneyfan551
11-06-2003, 11:15 AM
CWTAMI... welcome to our group! I'm glad you decided to delurk! :wave2:

This is our 1st time at WDW during the holidays and I am so psyched! However, I'm not very excited about all of the Christmas things I need to do BEFORE we leave! :rolleyes:

We will also be at the CP on the 29th! Which one are you going to? I waited and made ressies too late, so we have the 1st one. Oh well, it will be great regardless.

Congrats on your hotel upgrade!! :wizard:

ohiominnie
11-06-2003, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by CourtneysMom
I thought we had said 3:00 by the Mickey Pool

I didn't think this was "official" but let's make it that way. 3:00 by the Mickey Pool. I'll probably actually be there from 12:15 until I drag the kids out around 3:30 so we can get ready for the lifeboat drill.

We'll be on the side opposite the slide (no obstucted view) and will have a table around there somewhere with various kid foods that we are using to bribe the kids to eat!!! :)

I don't know what any of you look like, but this is what I'll look like so you'll have to find me. :) (btw, it's the SECOND picture!!! --ice cream cone optional!)
http://members.aol.com/mpatrickmd/icecream.jpg

Amelia
11-06-2003, 01:43 PM
I still don't know for sure if dh and ds will be with me but I'm planning on trying to make it to the 3:00 meet by the Mickey pool.

I just talked to Annette, my agent with Mouse Ears Vacations and she said that she should receive our documents this friday and she'll send them out monday. She also said that she was expecting them last friday and isn't sure why they're a little late but she'll get them out ASAP!

Can't wait to meet you all!

Nette1
11-06-2003, 10:10 PM
Hello Everyone!
We're getting close..... My son and I are so excited!!!! I'm new to this forum and I hope you all don't mind me joining in. This is our first cruise and everyone that I've spoken too about cruising has highly recommended Disney.... Sounds like most of you are experienced cruisers...If you have tips for 1st timers, I am all ears!!!
We hope to have a good time.... We are flying in from Calif. 11/29 and staying over at the Swan/Dolphin. I hear this is a wonderful place to lodge....
hope to hear back from you all ..... have a Disney-ful time.....
:earsboy:

CWTAMI
11-07-2003, 10:28 AM
To disneyfan551,

We are going to the second CP, we decided it would still be somewhat sunny during the first show and it would be better if it was darker outside to get the effects from the lights. Have you seen it before? I saw it 3 years ago and it trully put me in the Christmas spirit.

I'm waiting to do all the Christmas decorating 'til I get back home. Right now I just want to concentrate on the trip. I'm having a difficult time deciding what to pack. Will I need long sleeves at all? How many pants, how many shorts? I want to keep it as light as possible since the airlines are getting so strict with luggage weight limits. They keep complaining about the lack of travelers, but they don't make it any easier to travel.

I'm wearing a pair of my Mickey earrings today to get me in the right frame of mind.

Like to Dis
11-07-2003, 06:06 PM
:earseek: Just about 3 weeks until we leave!!!!!!!! Not that I'm counting.....We are staying overnight at Disney the night before, can't wait. The weather in the Northeast is putting me right in the Florida mood......The chiller the better when we leave, it makes it all that much better......:teeth: :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc

CourtneysMom
11-07-2003, 07:33 PM
We got our paperwork today. So it is offical we are in room 5506 Deck 5 (Cat 8) What a nice upgrade.

I have a few questions.

Will our Cat 8 room have a small frig in it?

What time will I be able to book my spa times?

Does anyone have any suggestions of a good spa treatment. I am looking for something like a message and facial.

I am getting so excited. Good thing I have my little one's first birthday party to plan for next weekend to keep my mine of the trip.princess:

ohiominnie
11-07-2003, 08:08 PM
Originally posted by CWTAMI
Will I need long sleeves at all?

Yes. Take a sweater or sweatshirt. I went in May and was sorry I didn't have a sweatshirt for sitting on deck 4 or strolling the outside decks in the evenings. I told dh I'll run to the car and get them" but the car was at the port and we were somewhere around Nassau! :)

Jennifer & Dave
11-11-2003, 11:21 PM
Hi, everyone!

Just thought we'd pop in and say hi! We'll be with you all on the 11/30 Wonder cruise... woohoo!

I also wanted you all to know that everyone is welcome to attend the public MouseFest events (you don't have to have booked your cruise through MouseEarVacations.com), and there are some fun things like our sailaway party on deck 10, a treasure hunt, and a Hidden Mickey hunt. There are only two events that are reserved for those who booked through MouseEarVacations.com, and they're clearly identified. You can get the information at http://www.passporter.com/gathering.htm -- there's a downloadable pocket guide to the events here. Come if you can! We'd love to see you! Everyone, and we mean everyone, is welcome... the more the merrier.

We'll also try to stop by the Mickey Pool at 3:00 pm and say hi! If you see us, please wave or say hello... we really do love to meet our fellow cruisers!

We're staying at the Quality Suites for two nights before we set sail. We will actually be boarding the Magic for a couple of hours on Saturday to take some photos for the next edition of our cruise guide, so that'll be interesting.

Looking forward to seeing you on the cruise!

ohiominnie
11-12-2003, 08:28 AM
Cool!!
Sounds great. I'm glad to know a lot of the events are open to all! :)

Uh, hope to meet you, but errr.... I need to apologize in advance for anything my daughter may say to you. I see you are from Ann Arbor, MI....and we are....well, rabid OSU fans! :)

If my son breaks out in song..."we don't give a darn for the whole state of Michigan...," again, I apologize in advance. :)

:)

CourtneysMom
11-12-2003, 08:05 PM
Hey everyone just had to give our thread a bump.....

I am getting so excited :Pinkbounc :bounce:

Has everyone got there docs?

Did anyone else get and upgrade?

I can't wait to meet everyone. OhioMinnie I will print your picture so I know who we are looking for.....

:earsgirl:

Jennifer & Dave
11-14-2003, 04:30 PM
Ohiominnie, please don't worry -- we've heard it all! You see, Jennifer grew up in Haslett, which is right next to East Lansing (home of the Spartans). So when Jennifer moved to Ann Arbor (home of the Wolverines), she was teased mercilessly. She still is to this day. It all just rolls off now. :)

Our docs came the day before yesterday. In two more weeks, we'll be in Port Canaveral! Woo hoo!

CWTAMI
11-17-2003, 03:12 PM
Hi gang!

We got our final docs last week. They upgraded our hotel, but not our cruise cabin (we booked as a cat 9). That's O.K. because I ordered some asti spumante and treats to be in the cabin when we arrive, as a way to thank my sister for being my travel mate for so long, and I wouldn't want that to get messed up.

The radio station we listen to at work is playing all Christmas music from now until Christmas, so now I'm even more ready to go and see all the Disney decorations. I hope the ship is decorated.

Is anyone packed? I'm a last minute packer, but I have a list ready.

:wave2:

ohiominnie
11-17-2003, 04:15 PM
We haven't started to pack at all. We have extensive lists for both the cruise and then the 9 days at WDW following. The trickiest part will be packing so that we don't have to haul the WDW specific items onto the ship. We'll leave it in the car at the port.

If we HAD to, I could pack in one day. But we'll probably start this Wednesday or Thursday.

Today I went to the grocery store and bought one of everything that everyone could need --my deodorant, my dh's deodorant, after shave, shaving cream (his and hers) shampoo, toothpaste, etc etc. That way I'm sure we have new, fresh and FULL stuff.

So I guess that's step one!

bigsky
11-17-2003, 04:19 PM
I've slowly been packing for the last week. We're going to WDW before the cruise. Lots to bring.
Are we all just estatic yet?!!:Pinkbounc

I have 5 more working days til we leave.

Mickey pool @ 3:00.

See ya there!
Laura

disneyfan551
11-18-2003, 07:36 AM
Hi all! I started packing over the weekend, and am feeling terribly overwhelmed by it all. You are so right, it is difficult to pack for pre & post cruise, without having to lug everything, everywhere! I'm wondering how my DSIL will be able to pack, since she's having to fly down?! Even my 2yo dd has more luggage than they allow you on airlines... princess:

I gave my dh his detailed packing list last night & asked him to get started. It was 1-1/2 pgs. long, and he was probably done in 30 minutes. When I asked him to separate his clothes for pre/post cruise vs. cruise, he looked at me like I was insane! :crazy: Well, ok, maybe I am, but jeez, he has 30 minutes to spend getting his junk together & I'M the one spending days on it! Men kill me.

I'm hoping to get the packing done this week, so I can decorate for Christmas this weekend. Things are definitely more interesting around our house, since ding-a-ling dh broke his arm... :rolleyes:

CWTAMI...No, we haven't been to Disney during the holidays yet, but I am SOO excited! We will see the CP before the cruise, and take the kids to the Garden Grill.

Can anyone share the luggage/carryon details with me? I'm wondering if a backpack could be construed as a "purse/briefcase", in addition to the 1 carry on??? Also, to those of you who have cruised before, is there really a need to carry on clothes for dinner the 1st night? I've got enough stuff to carry, and would rather take the risk of the luggage getting lost or being late... Any suggestions?

BTW...I'm glad to see new people joining our group! See you all soon!

Amelia
11-18-2003, 08:05 AM
Hi disneyfan551!

About the backpack question, I usually put my purse INSIDE the backpack and then the two of them only count as one carry on. Of course that would assume that you have room in the backpack to actually stash the purse.

I don't know if this will help or not but what I usually do to help keep the amount of clothes I need to take along down a little is to make sure that most of my tops and bottoms mix and match. That way I might be able to wear a pair of pants more than once with a different top and it will look like new outfit. I think this is easier done with adults than children but maybe it will help with your packing problem.

As far as carrrying on dress clothes for dinner just in case your luggage doesn't arrive on time, you can if you want but I wouldn't bother with it myself. I know occasionally there has been posts where someone hasn't gotten their bags in time for the early seating but for the most part I think it's not a problem. So I guess it comes down to how stressed it's going to make you or if you'll spend your early ship hours worrying whether or not your bags will arrive in time. It's an individual thing and only you know what's going to work best for your piece of mind.

I'm just about packed too and am getting more antsy by the day! I've been waiting for this trip for almost a year and it's down to just days before we board!!!

Can't wait to meet you all!

CourtneysMom
11-18-2003, 08:25 AM
Hello everyone

As for the packing I started it Monday and hope to finish it by the end of the week. I have lots of stuff that needs ironed and washed before I can finish. I am having the same problem about packing for our 2 nights in Cocoa Beach. I am just going to put what we wear in a plastic bag and leave it in the van at the port. We plan to bring a backpack on also with just our bathing suits. Our dd has said she is wearing her swin suit under her clothes....LOL

DD and I get our hair done today. Hers get cut while I need highlights again.

DH says I have spend more money getting ready for this cruise.....LOL

I have a few questions.

Does anyone know what our dinner rotation will be?

Does anyone else have late dining? We are hoping to get it changed. BUt the more I think about it....it might ber better to have late dining. That we can go to the shows with DD and then maybe have them bring her dinner out first thing so she can go ahead and go to the club if something is going on. Discisions,,,,Discisions.

Looking forward to meeting everyone.

Is anyone in this group doing excursions?

disneyfan551
11-18-2003, 08:33 AM
Hi CourtneysMom! We have late seating, which we requested. I have read MANY positive comments about it here on the boards, and think it will be best for our family. I would rather her be tired during dinner (& hopefully sleep!), than in the shows. Things will work out one way or the other.

We're not doing any excursions, since our dd is only 2yo. We are thinking about doing the walking Nassau tour with Dave though. Is anyone else going? Now, I'm kind of wondering if it's too much walking for our dd. Maybe we could take her stroller. Hey Dave...what do you suggest? ;)

I am interested to hear if anyone is doing excursions. My SIL is interested in doing some, but doesn't want to go alone.

WOOHOO!!!! We're leaving next week guys! :hyper:

CWTAMI
11-18-2003, 02:17 PM
My sister and I share a freedom bag, which is always full of things like shampoo, conditioner, soaps, etc., but I did refill all my supplies the other week.

Unfortunately I can't separate WDW clothes and cruise clothes since we are not renting a car and everything has to be kept with us.

The other day I checked the website for our airlines, and now have to get a new suitcase since mine is too big for the new regulations. Just hope I can fit it all in.

I'm now down to 5 work days 'til we leave and I'm getting more anxious every day. It's rather dreary here right now, which is making me even more ready for fun in the sun! I got a perm at the beginning of the month, but am hoping the sun will naturally lighten my hair a little. I hate the fact that as I get older, my hair gets darker, YECH. But, I hate having to get hilights redone all the time. I'm not big on having to do alot to my hair.

I did my Christmas decorating last weekend, so this weekend I can devote to last minute cleaning, I don't want the house to be a mess since my Dad is staying there to take care of my dog.

:sunny: :smooth: :sunny:

disneyfan551
11-20-2003, 09:27 AM
WHAT?!? Absolutely zero posts yesterday?? Is everyone caught up in their packing? :hyper:

Amelia
11-20-2003, 12:14 PM
Hi everyone!

I called DCL last night and got a list of the movies they will be showing on the ship when we sail!

Here they are:
Lizzie McGuire Movie
The Haunted Mansion
Brother Bear
Chicago
Finding Nemo
Pirates of the Caribbean
Freaky Friday
Spy Kids 3D

There were a few more but I couldn't write fast enough to get them all down while she was rattling them off, but this is most of them.

I see a couple of movies on the list that I don't want to miss! How about you?

See you all soon!

ohiominnie
11-20-2003, 01:47 PM
Originally posted by Amelia
I see a couple of movies on the list that I don't want to miss! How about you?

See you all soon!

Definitely Haunted Mansion for us!!! We were excited to know that it'd be out before we cruise.

The only other movies on the list I haven't seen are Spy Kids (no desire) and Chicago (don't know if I want to spend cruise time to see it)

Of course, if the people in my party want to go back and see Pirates....AGAIN....I will go see that! :) Who saw that Johnny Depp was voted Sexiest Man of the Year??

disneyfan551
11-20-2003, 02:11 PM
I can't wait to take our 2yo dd to see Brother Bear!!! :hyper:

Amelia
11-20-2003, 02:28 PM
Has anybody seen Spy Kids 3D? I was wondering if the 3D effects are as good as the one that are in the 3D movies at WDW?

Anybody know the answer to this one?

Thanks.

Like to Dis
11-21-2003, 05:56 PM
:earseek: WOW......It is really getting close now, I can almost smell the jet fuel!!!!!!!! We are going to start packing this weekend (we leave on Wednesday for my Fathers). Can't wait.
See everyone soon.:bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc

Grimsby1
11-22-2003, 07:23 PM
>>>>bump<<<<

Hey all!
Wanted to throw our names into the hat for the 11/30 Wonder cruise to Nassau, Freeport (boo!) and Castaway Cay!

Squeezing into our Cat 4 cabin will be myself, Jason 30, beautiful CherylAnn 31, son Patrick (PT) 6, son Nicholas (autistic and 3), and mother-in-law Sherry (not polite to ask).

Look forward to never leaving the ship until Castaway Cay, except for a *little* bit o'slot machine fun at Atlantis.

Hope to meet a ton of Internet peoples at the Mousefest festivities and perhaps, with a little luck, find a "matching" family to become dear friends with and continue a post-DCL friendship thru mail and the internet, not to mention this here board!

Safe flights/trips for all, and see you onboard!

Amelia
11-23-2003, 05:04 AM
Come aboard Grimsby1 and welcome to the ship!

I can't help you out with the matching family (my son's 16) but I'm sure you'll find a lot of nice couples with young children. After all this is a Disney cuise!

I'll keep my eyes open for your group and will stop by and say "HI!" if I see you!

I'm so ready to sail the seas!

DebWills
11-24-2003, 07:47 AM
Greetings Cruisers!

Less than a week now til the 4 Day Disney Wonder Cruise departing on November 30th! WOO HOOO!!!!

As Jennifer and Dave said earlier, EVERYONE is welcome to any of the MouseFest Events. In case you missed the earlier link to the Pocket Guide: http://passporter.com/gathering

If you see me on the ship; please say Hello! I'm sure I'll have something on that says AllEarsNet.com I love to meet Disney fans from all over! I'll be sure and say hello when I see the Lime Green DIS lanyards, mickeys etc.

Have a magical cruise and I look forward to meeting you this weekend! YEA!!!

Deb Wills
We've moved: http://allearsnet.com

Like to Dis
11-26-2003, 09:06 AM
:wave: We are leaving later today....... I hope to meet you on board, We will be the family with the smiles on our faces......(That should make it easier to pick us out)
Have fun and everyone have a safe trip.
Sean:Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce:

ohiominnie
11-26-2003, 11:56 AM
Originally posted by Like to Dis
We will be the family with the smiles on our faces......(That should make it easier to pick us out)

I can see me now...
"Hi, are you Sean?" "hello, Sean?" "you must be Sean!!" Exactly how many times do you think I'll have to say that to find the REAL Sean?

Stop by the Mickey pool at around 3:00 that first day. We'd love to meet you.

Ok, back to work. I can't stand coming home to a dirty house, so that means I must go clean. I believe all but the last minute packing is done!!
We leave tomorrow morning at 5:00 am! Catch ya'll on board!

disneyfan551
11-26-2003, 12:07 PM
I am sooo behind! I haven't finished packing, and tonight we were going to put the lights on our Christmas tree. I don't see that happening now. On top of everything, my entire family is coming down with a cold! :( But, we are doping up to get well!

Have a safe trip to all of you! I forgot to make DIS lime green badges, but you will recognize us pretty easy... my dh is sporting a purple arm cast! :rolleyes:

CourtneysMom
11-26-2003, 12:17 PM
Hi everyone we are leaving Friday morning to head to Florida. We are all so excited. Can't wait to meet everyone. OhioMinnie I will be looking for you. I hope I don't forget what you look like.

How do I attach a picture of me and my husband?

I sure hope to run into some of you.

All does anyonw know what the dinner rotation is?

disneyfan551
11-26-2003, 12:19 PM
I believe you find out your dining rotation when you check in at the port.

See you soon!

CourtneysMom
11-26-2003, 03:30 PM
Will we all have the same dining rotation?

CourtneysMom
11-27-2003, 08:02 PM
We are leaving in the morning at 6 am can't wait to see everyone there.

Our group of 3 DH , ME, DD will all be in our Gray Mickey Mouse Club shirts from the Disnet Store.

OhioMinnie - I will be looking for you around the pool.

I am so excited DH has told me I can go buy a new Camcorder in the morning. SO we are heading Circuit City about 6:30 am and then heading south.

I thought this day would never get hear.

Like to Dis
11-28-2003, 08:33 AM
:earseek: We are in Florida at my Fathers. The weather nice but it is supposed to get cold tonight and over the weekend. They are calling for temps in the low to mid 60's during the day so bring warm clothes. See ya
Sean:bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc

Nette1
11-29-2003, 12:52 AM
Thanks for the weather update.... I was concerned that it would get a little chilly, we are here in Calif. and the weather today was 69 degrees were I'm at. Kinda nippy for a california gal ;)
We'll be boarding our plane at 8:00 am tomorrow!!! Woo-whooo!!! This day has finally arrived:p :p Just finished packing and getting the house straightened up, still excited even though the weather may get cold......
See you all in WONDER - land!!!!:earsboy:

Verandah Man
11-30-2003, 05:54 PM
Here is a capture of the Wonder in port on 11-30-03. Sorry, I was unable to capture the sail away photos.

http://www.wdwinfo.com/photopost/data/552/62Disney_Wonder_11-30-03.jpg
Disney Wonder at port on November 30, 2003

CourtneysMom
12-06-2003, 08:57 PM
We made it back home Thursday about 5pm after picking up our baby.

It was great meeting OhioMinnie and OhioMickey. I also meet another DIS'er but I am sorry to say I forgot their names.

As for the cruise I have to say we were not all that impressed by our wait staff and the food. We were at diner for over 2 hours every night in the dining room.
I did not like that there was not somewhere to eat besides the dining room. We choose to not go to diner the last night and go to the buffet but it was not open at 8:30 pm.

We have been on a cruise to Alaska and I have to say it was a bit better. I guess I don't feel like the cruise was worth the cost. If it was as cheap as all the other cruises that would ok....but its not. I guess we paid for all the charecters. I also did not like the timing on a lot of things.

We were going to book another one. But have decided to book another cruise with RCCL and compare the two with a child.

I hope know one elses kids ended up with strep. I found out Friday that my daughter has it again. I guess she got it in the kids club.

bigsky
12-06-2003, 09:15 PM
Sorry to hear about your daughter!

We had a good time, but won't be cruising with Disney again. Met someone from the Disboard and talked with her before we left. My kids hit it off with hers so they had a great time. We made it so we could eat together as well. I don't think we would have had as good of a time without them.

I think it's more geared toward younger kids. So glad they had a teen club! They were there each night. But other lines have teen clubs as well.

Went to Palo's the last night. That was the best!!

We'll probably be going on RCCL next year without kids since we can't take them out again for that amount of time.

We did WDW before our trip. We were about Disney'd out at the end of it all.

Just hope I don't get blasted for this. I know some people can't get enough of Disney.

We were more impressed with the shows and food selection on Carnival last yr. It is one of their newer ships.

If you have little ones, this would have been a dream vacation! Just not for us with the older ones.

Laura

disneyfan551
12-09-2003, 11:10 AM
We're back!!!! yuck! :rolleyes: Well, this was our 1st cruise and we loved it! Things were a little crazy and too rushed, but hey, this is vacation, you're SUPPOSED to be rushed! :crazy: I wasn't that crazy about the food, but other than that, it was truly a magical trip for us. And, it was the BEST watching my 2yo dd enjoy it all! She even got to see the characters in her Christmas pj's one night!

I kept looking for DISer's, but only saw 1 lime green t, that looked like Ohio Minnie. However, I didn't want to interrupt anyone! Maybe I will remember to take my lime green stuff next time!

I could NOT believe how seasick we were! I didn't expect it at all, I never get motion sick! But, I even felt that way for 2 days after we got off the ship too! Anyone else feel a little quesy?

My dh just called and said he has to turn his vacation dates in for next year, this Friday. So, I have a few days to convince him to return! :teeth:

ohiominnie
12-15-2003, 07:05 AM
disneyfan...

I wish you'd have stopped me!! It'd have been great to meet you. I did see a man in a purple cast, but everytime I saw him he was alone (where WERE you???) :) I wasn't sure he was a rabid DIS-er, so didn't talk to him. Didn't want him to think I was a nut!!

Interestingly enough, I also saw the same man sitting on a bench at MGM one evening, with another man who was wearing a "Nassau" hat. My parents were shopping around in a gift shop, so I hung out at the doorway to see if you showed up. Again, you were MIA and 10 minutes later the men got up and strolled away. Where WERE you??

As for the cruise. We had fun....again. To me, the food is AWESOME!! The only dinner I wasn't impressed with was the last night in Parrot Cay. Everyone in my party agreed that we get MUCH better steak at Longhorn. Otherwise the food and the wait staff were great (although our assistant server was sick the last two nights--Norwalk??) My parents, who swore they'd never cruise, were VERY impressed. They had blast. My 21 yr old neice....she seemed totally unimpressed by anything. 4 days on the Wonder, 9 days at Disney, COMPLETELY paid for by us and my parents, and there were about 3, 30-minute periods where she seemed happy. The rest of the time she seemed sullen and bored. She answered questions with one word answers most times. She snuck away all the time to talk with friends on her cell phone. By the end I was quite irritated that she had the hand out waiting for us to pay, but never had the common courtesty to say "Thanks" for any of it. (sigh) live and learn.

Must go for now. Tons to do to get back to "real" life.

Nice meeting you, Cortney's mom and Amelia and bigsky! :)

God bless!