PDA

View Full Version : February 7, 2004 Eastern

Pages : [1] 2

disneygal58
09-14-2003, 07:19 PM
Hello,
I've been watching for a thread dedicated to this cruise. If one has been started please direct me, if not here goes :

This will be our 6th Disney Cruise and our first 7 night Eastern. We have sailed 2 - 3 nights/ 2 - 4 nights and a 7 night Western Caribbean. My DDErin aged 18 and myself look forward to meeting/planning along with our fellow cruisers.
I look forward to hearing from the rest of you,
Dawn Hope

Annie12345
09-14-2003, 10:48 PM
Hi Dawn Hope - we will be sailing with you... we're starting out on the January 31st Western and will be staying onboard for the Feb. 7th eastern... This will be our second eastern DCL and first western DCL. We also did a two-day cruise to Nassau on another cruise line a few years ago... I will be sailing with my husband Randy and our daughter Jaclyn (10). We are soooo excited!!!
- Annie

sbatty
09-14-2003, 11:08 PM
We will be sailing with you as well. This is our first cruise of any type but we are huge Disney fans. I will be cruising with my DH, DD (celebrating 4th B-Day onboard), DS (5), my Father and my DH's mother.

- Susan

disneygal58
09-15-2003, 08:19 AM
Hello Annie and Susan,
Let the planning begin! My eldest daughter will be back to school in Colorado and not able to sail with us this time - I've suffered from some temporary guilt, but Meg has been very supportive about Erin and I going without her. We have never sailed the Eastern route and are anxious to hear about what excursions people are considering.
We live a half hour from the Port and go to Disney on a regular basis. If I can help you out in any way - with surprize planning gifts/postcards,hotel recommendations, directions etc... Disney is my passion. I look forward to meeting you.

Dawn

Susan,
Be sure to let DCL (and if you're staying at Disney prior - your hotel) know that you are celebrating a birthday. The Parks are wonderful about making his day extraordinary.

Annie12345
09-18-2003, 01:38 AM
Hi Dawn and Susan - The eastern itinerary is great... we did it last year... We will likely not do any excursions as we like to hit the shops for a bit in the morning, then spend the rest of the day at the beach.... last year, we just went to beaches that were quite close to the pier but we might venture out a bit further this time... I was checking out the disney website earlier this week and it looks like the St. Martin stop might extend later into the evening than it did last year... it would be neat to be docked at night... we truly enjoyed both St. Thomas and St. Martin last year....
Dawn, you are just too lucky to be living so close to disney (and somewhere so warm)... any tips you can provide would be much appreciated... all we have ever done at Cocoa Beach is Ron Jon's, and of course the beach itself... A few years ago we were fortunate enough to watch a shuttle launch, and our DD did a report complete with pictures when she got back to school...
Susan, you will love cruising... it's the very best way to vacation - you get to see lots of different things/cultures; also the best entertainment is right at your fingertips, the people you meet are wonderful, and then there's the food!!! Once we tried it, we were hooked!!!
Have a disney day,
Annie

disneygal58
09-18-2003, 06:03 AM
Hello,
I can't wait to hear about sailing back to back - I hope to do the same in the next year or two. I loved the Western itinerary and am anxious to try the Eastern. Other than exploring the town a bit, I think we will check out the beaches - Megan's Bay is often recommended.
I know that we are fortunate to live so close to the object of my obsession. We have only been here for 13 months -I, too am from cold weather country, Colorado.
As far as what to do in the area, let me know how long you will be staying here. I work as a Massage Therapist at a lovely Spa and frequent Ron Jon's and the beaches as well as the Disney Parks. We have "Planning Parties" in anticipation of an upcoming cruise, complete with small Disney or cruise related gifts. If anyone else does the same, I would be happy to pick up little local trinkets and send them to you.

Enjoy,
Dawn

Annie12345
09-18-2003, 11:55 PM
The planning parties sound like a great idea ...my husband thinks I am in a steady planning party state from the moment one trip ends to the start of the next holiday. You shouldn't have told us that you are a massage therapist, we might want to put you to work...:) I think Megan's Bay sounds really nice as well... we have a friend that used to live on both islands and he's promised to give us some tips about "do not miss" places... I'll post them as soon as we hear about them... we will be staying in the disney area (Royal Palms Resort - we've never stayed here before so we're hoping it's okay) for a week following the cruise but will likely go back to Cocoa at least once.

- Annie

disneygal58
09-19-2003, 05:56 AM
Happy Twenty Week Countdown!!!!!

Dawn

tink&cinderella
09-25-2003, 10:18 AM
Finally, a thread for the February 7th Eastern Cruise.
We will be travelling with you. This will be our first cruise ever. We are very excited. We will be at CBR the week prior to the cruise. Not really sure what to expect with a 5 1/2 year old and a 21 months old. Any warmer weather will be great then what we will likely have in the great white north. See you all there.:Pinkbounc

sbatty
09-25-2003, 05:29 PM
The way I see it . . . September is almost over and we are going at the beginning of February so we only have 4 months until we go. :)

My husband is putting together a simple website to help with our cruise planning. We are trying to coordinate between three families and thought it would be a good way to share information on dining options, transportation, etc. I was thinking about adding a "Who's cruising with us" list similar to what Verandah Man did on his site. If anyone would like to be included on the list just let me know. It would be fun to include a picture if you have one so we can associate names with faces.

I'll let you know the web address when the site is up and running.

-Susan

disneygal58
09-25-2003, 07:09 PM
Tink & Cinderella,
Welcome! The planning is part of the fun of the cruise experience. I really like CBR - I know it gets mixed reviews, but i think it's beautiful. A word of caution - if you are going to use the DCL bus to the Port, CBR is one of the last pickup stops. The bus ride is fun and informative, but you will arrive after 1 in the afternoon.

Susan,
I'm excited to see (and be a part of ) your website!

Take care,
Dawn

Annie12345
09-26-2003, 12:49 AM
Susan - we would be pleased to be part of your website. What a great idea! I could email you a picture but I can't figure out how to include a picture in our signature here...

Welcome Tink&Cinderella - we cruised the Eastern same time last year, and the weather was perfect!! You will love it! We also spent the week prior to the cruise in Orlando and the weather was great there also... the only day it was chilly was the day the ship left Port Canaveral, but once we had been at sea for a few hours, it cleared up, and was smooth sailing from that point forward...

- Annie

tink&cinderella
09-28-2003, 10:16 PM
We were thinking of getting a town car service to do all of our transportation. What is a good time to get to the Port? Can you get into your cabin as soon as you board. Do you bring your own luggage right on board or is it brought for you??

Thanks.

Annie12345
09-29-2003, 01:14 AM
We used Cartier last year, and found them to be very reasonable. We booked a limo and it was only $100 plus tip (most of the others were in the $160 range)...

We got to the port around 11:00 a.m. and once we checked in, etc., stood in line for about 45 minutes before the line started moving.... we went straight to our stateroom, dropped off our carryon luggage, then made our Palo reservations, and off to brunch... it worked out fine for us but I have heard that sometimes you can't get into your room too early. You will check your luggage (except for your carryons) which will arrive in your stateroom hopefully before 5:00... Our luggage was in our room by 3:30...

have a disney day,
Annie

disneygal58
09-29-2003, 06:25 AM
I second Annie's reply. The closer to 12 that you are able to arrive the better. We have always been able to drop off our bags in our stateroom as soon as we have boarded, but have heard that other people were not able to get in until 1:30.
I am a fairly new resident to Florida (although I vacationed here each year). Last February we were able to get to the beaches again, albeit the water was a bit too brisk for my liking. Bring layers of clothing and you will be fine. I always need some type of jacket/shawl for the heavily air conditioned areas on the ship.

Less than 19 weeks to go,
Dawn Hope

disneygal58
10-07-2003, 06:01 AM
FOUR MONTHS TO GO!!!!
I am thrilled to announce that my mom and sister will be joining us on our cruise. My mother is a well seasoned traveller -has cruised most other lines and was hesitant to pay the Disney price. My sister has never cruised. I am so excited to play tour guide of the ship and the "Disney Experience" for them.
I am heading to the Parks the weekend of the 19th for MNSSH Party - if I can pick anything up for anyone let me know.
Happy Planning,
Dawn

mrsdon
10-07-2003, 06:08 AM
I am thrilled to finally see this list.
We're also going on theFeb 6th eastern.
It will just be me and DH.
This will be out 2nd Disney crusie, but our 1st 7 day one.
Im sooooo excited.

disneygal58
10-07-2003, 07:29 PM
Welcome mrsdon (and perhaps mrdon)! When did you last sail DCL?
Dawn

mrsdon
10-08-2003, 03:45 PM
Our 1st Disney cruise was the member cruise last Feb.
If someone is really good with computers, maybe we could start a mailing list with a weekly countdown timer and if people are going on excursions, maybe they could add that kind of info. I am computer challenged, so it cant be me.

disneygal58
10-08-2003, 04:29 PM
I have tried several times to add the countdown timer to my posts but I cannot seem to get it to work.
I'd like to hear excursion ideas, also. At the moment we are planning to go to Megan's Bay on our own and just shop a bit in St. Maarten.
Dawn

sbatty
10-12-2003, 08:20 AM
Hi Everyone,

I got up early this morning to do some cruise planning and am having trouble making progress. I keep hoping that airfares will come down but so far I haven't had much luck. I am afraid that flying on President's Day might not be an option.

So ... I am looking for help/suggestions. Do you think that Seaworld can be done on the Saturday we get back into port? I have never been so I don't know how long it will take to see what there is to see. The other option is to try and get a late flight out on Sunday and be at the park early. How do you think crowds will be since it is a holiday weekend?

Lastly - our website is almost up and running. I should have an address for you soon. My DH added a discussion page similar to the capabilities we have on this thread so that we can go OT without all DIS having to read.

-Susan

mrsdon
10-12-2003, 09:07 AM
Susan
On our last cruise wedrove right from the port to seaworld and it only took an hour and 10 mins. it was a very short drive.
We also went in Feb on our last crusie and seaworld was not vey crowded,
Cant wait till your DH ets a website up.
Thanks

disneygal58
10-12-2003, 03:31 PM
Holiday weekends tend to be a bit more crowded due to the attendance of locals- at that time of the year it should still be quite managable.
I can commisserate with the airfare woes. Although I live a half hour from the Port, my mom is flying in from the Asheville, NC area and my sister is looking for a fare from Providence. They both plan to fly in on Thursday the 5th and return Saturday the 14th.
I look forward to seeing the site when it's up and running.

And hey, we can't be the only ones on board. Where is everyone? If that's the case, I would like an upgrade to a verandah! Currently, we are booked in a category 10 on Deck 2 and plan to look into upgrades at the Port. Anyone have any experience with this?
Happy Planning,
Dawn

disneygal58
10-16-2003, 06:57 AM
Just wanted to bump this up to the front.
Anyone else out there that will be joining us?
My daughter Erin and I will be staying at the Villas at Wilderness Lodge, then attending Mickey's Not So Scary on Sunday. We're celebrating my birthday - now that's the truly "scary" part of the weekend. If anyone would like me to pick up postcards, small gifts etc... let me know before Saturday.

Till Then,
Dawn

Annie12345
10-16-2003, 08:49 PM
Hi Everyone -

Have a great time at the parks this weekend, Dawn.

I've been trying to get the countdown timer up and running as well and I can't get it to work... We'll have to count down manually...;)

Just wanted to check in and say hi to everyone...

Have a Disney Day,
Ann

disneygal58
10-17-2003, 06:44 AM
Thanks Annie.
I have never been able to get the countdown timer to work!
If anyone is planning to spend anytime at the Parks prior or post cruise, do not miss Mickey's Philharmagic at the Magic Kingdom or Mission Space at EPCOT. The Philharmagic is by far the best 3D endeavor that Disney has to offer.

Take Care,
Dawn Hope

zellda
10-17-2003, 07:56 PM
We'll (DH and me) be joining you on this cruise. It will be our 5th DCL cruise, all of them Magical, and we are so looking forward to this one. Our last cruise was October 2002, Western; and we are hoping to make a back to back on this one, if we can.

disneygal58
10-17-2003, 08:36 PM
Yeaaaa!!!!! More cruisers. Welcome Zellda. Have you sailed the Eastern itinerary before? We love the Western, but are ready for some new scenery.

Dawn

Annie12345
10-17-2003, 10:44 PM
Welcome Aboard, Zellda!! We are doing a back to back cruise this time but we are starting off on the January 31st Western...

Maybe we'll be doing back to backs with you....

- Ann

zellda
10-18-2003, 09:48 PM
Actually, this will be our third eastern itinerary. We were on the western last October, but didn't make Grand Cayman because of the weather. We really like the eastern with the extra day at sea - so relaxing, although we would like to try western again and maybe make all the ports this time. I don't really care where the ship goes, I just want to be on it, and the longer---the better!

disneygal58
10-19-2003, 06:00 AM
I feel exactly the same way. We, too missed Grand Cayman in January and loved the extra sea day so much that we opted to try the Eastern itinerary. I don't care if we ever get off the ship!
Dawn

DebiLL
10-20-2003, 08:59 AM
This is my first time posting anything so forgive me ahead of time if I say something not quite right. You all have these "codes" and way of talking that I'm still trying to figure out. My family(DH,DS 12yrs. and DD10 years) and I will also be sailing on the Feb. 7th along with some friends of ours. THis will be our 2nd DC but our first 7 day. Any pointers you have for us will be greatly appreciated. I've learned soooooo much from all of you thanks for taking the time to post all the great hints, ideas, and fun.

:sunny: Debi

Annie12345
10-20-2003, 11:11 AM
Hi Debi! Welcome!!! You will love the 7 day Eastern... It is great to have lots of days at sea. My best tip I can give you, you might have done this on the Wonder too, is to take an over the door shoe holder... I put it on the back of the bathroom door and kept our camera, sunscreen, sunglasses, you name it, it was in there, and we didn't have a bunch of clutter on our counters...
My DD 10 will also be cruising with us on this cruise. She was hoping someone her age would find her way to the DIS boards...

Well, I must go to work now, to help pay for the cruise!

Have a Disney Day,
Ann

DebiLL
10-29-2003, 09:14 AM
Good morning Ann,
I just found your message, I'm still trying to find my way around the boards. We are looking forward to our cruise and thank you for the shoe organizer tip, we didn't do that last cruise and I can see it being a huge help. I'm trying to find the best transporation from our hotel, the Embassy to the terminal and also what is the best time to arrive at the terminal. We'd like to see about upgrading our cabin and am not sure where and how to go about that, any info would be much appreciated. Here is my email address if you have any info you can email me, that way I will "find it" instead of looking all over here. LadyLimpach@aol.com. THanks for your help and have a blessed day.

Debi:sunny:

berly1657
10-29-2003, 05:10 PM
We (DH, DS 8, DD 5 and myself plus our friends & same aged kids)will be joining you too!

We got great rates at Holiday Inn Express Cocoa Beach for under $80 2 nights before the cruise, great flights - direct 2hrs 38 min (vs the usual 4.5+ hours) Now if I can just find a great deal on a rental car for 2 days before and 1 day after- anybody have any good discounts?

A couple of years ago we were at WDW during presidents week and it was VERY busy - we couldn't figure out why (our kids didn't have school days off) my guess is the other theme parks are busy too.

Would love to join the website for info on excursions etc - This is our first cruise too (after reading all the posts - thinking maybe we should have left the kids home for this vacation!)

We can't wait - I am an obsessive planner for vacations.....

disneygal58
10-29-2003, 06:48 PM
Welcome Berly and Happy 100 Day Countdown!
It's good to see more people joining the party.

Debi,
We're thinking of looking into an upgrade at the port, also. It's very simple - there is a desk dedicated to upgrades at check-in.

Are most people staying at the Radisson prior to the cruise or somewhere in Disney? If anyone is staying at the Radisson and has not called for reservations yet, would you consider asking if they offer massage therapy services on site? I am trying to sell them on the idea of my offering poolside massage for cruisers. If they get enough questions about it, they may listen to me!

Take Care,
Dawn Hope

disneygal58
11-02-2003, 08:10 PM
Hello,
I wanted to bump this up to the front and check in with everyone. Less than 14 weeks to go. Anyone else beyond excited like we are?

Dawn Hope

Annie12345
11-07-2003, 04:09 PM
Hi Everyone - Bumping this up... we are getting very excited as it is 3 months from today!! My DH and I just looked at our pictures and video from last year's eastern cruise and it makes us want the time to go even faster... especially since it is so COLD here!!! We already have snow!!!

If anyone would like to partake in the Palo brunch or high tea, I could try to get reservations since we are planning on staying on the ship between cruises.

Have a Disney Day!!
- Ann

disneygal58
11-09-2003, 08:41 AM
Hello,
It's good to hear that someone else is as excited as we are. We are open to either brunch or high tea. We are among the fortunate few to have attended high tea in the past, but have never made it to brunch.
Have a good weekend,
Dawn

sbatty
11-10-2003, 07:27 AM
I just logged in to check my count down clock - we are half way there. I am very anxious for the trip but I am amazed at how quickly the time is going. We are going to have to make excursion plans within the month.

sbatty
11-11-2003, 08:04 PM
Hi Everyone,
It has taken a long time but we finally have the beginnings of our website up and running. Feel free to check it out at http://68.55.20.181:8080/cruise/home.jsp. The parts I am hoping will be the most fun are the Cruise List and Discussion pages. The rest of the site is still under development. Please feel free to let me know if you have any trouble entering information. I can also do editing from my end if it is required.

Annie12345
11-12-2003, 07:56 PM
Hi Susan - great website!!! What a good idea!!! I added my family, but I made a mistake in the stateroom (should be 6592)... and I can't figure out how to make changes...
Have a Disney Day!!
Ann

lotsofboys
11-13-2003, 03:00 PM
Hi everyone:

We will be joining you on the Feb 7th Magical cruise as well. DH, DSs 10(twins) and DS 7. Also my sister and her DS 17, DS 13 and DD 10, my mother & father too. This is our 2nd Eastern cruise, sailed previously over 4th of July 2002. We can't wait to go back. We were part of the terrible fires in San Diego recently and fortunately our house was spared, but I really feel like we need a vacation right now:grouphug:

We are also staying at the Radisson Friday night.

Annie12345
11-14-2003, 06:33 PM
Welcome lots of boys!!! I can only imagine what it would have been like in San Diego with the fires... we drove through BC when the fires were raging in Kelowna and area, and although we were hours away from there, what we saw was devastating... I'm sure you'll doubly enjoy your vacation....
It's nice to see that there are lots of kids of similar ages that will be part of the Dis group...
Have a Disney Day,
Ann

disneygal58
11-21-2003, 10:58 AM
Hello Everyone!
We're coming up to the 11 week mark! I have been away from the boards for a bit. We had been dealing with some life "challenges" and actually considered cancelling. But, since we are sailing on points and need something good to hold onto we will keep the reservation and consider this all another chapter in the book of our lives. My mother and sister cancelled their reservation, still Erin and I will gladly check into our cabin on the 7th! DCL - we would welcome an upgrade if you feel so inclined.....
Is anyone planning to meet on Friday evening? Perhaps a pizza pool party at the Radisson? If anyone needs a pre-cruise massage, I could be available (I work at a local Spa, but am trying to convince the Radisson that they should offer poolside cabana massage for cruise guests).
Hope to hear from everyone soon,
Dawn

goofyaboutmickey7
11-24-2003, 10:29 AM
Hi Everybody, I'm Randy, Annie's D.H. and Jaclyn's D.D.Annie finally convinced me to come on the disboards. I like the idea of the list of cruisers and who is setting up a meeting time and place for the first day. Pictures is also a great idea. Last year we didn't know anyone by face but felt we knew people for ever, especially once we met. ttyl hadd pirate: :earsboy: :wave2:

Cyberkashi
11-25-2003, 12:36 AM
I figured it was about time to log in and check the roll call of who will be on the same cruise as us--but I never expected to find another family with the same itinery.

:tongue:

We also are starting on the Jan 31 Western and are staying on board for the Feb 7 Eastern. We did the Western this time last year, and the Eastern summer of 2001.

There is myself DH, and DD 7 (2nd grade). We are late seating and would love to prearrange seating with another small family who are late nighters like us.

-- Cyberkashi

goofyaboutmickey7
11-25-2003, 09:20 AM
hi cyberkashi, it's good to meet another family that will be on for the 2weeks also. The first week we are seated with gary and gail (okw disneyguy) but we do early seating. perhaps we can arrange some breaky and lunch mtgs. look forward to hanging out. :smooth: pirate: arrrgghh Randy

berly1657
11-25-2003, 11:34 AM
Should we be getting our excursion info soon? or don't we get anything in the mail?

berly1657
11-25-2003, 11:37 AM
sorry to post again, but WHAT HAPPENED TO MY COUNT DOWN CLOCK? I don't see any on the above posts either? I love to check how many days we have (it's great to go to Susan and Curts website too - they have a count down there)

sbatty
11-25-2003, 12:28 PM
I am not sure when to expect the excursion info. We made our reservations through COSTCO so I would expect everything to be delayed. I think we are just going to try and book through the DCL website at 60 days out.

Annie12345 - you mentioned trying to do Brunch or High Tea. I think that is a wonderful idea and we would gladly accept your offer of trying to get reservations.

Does anyone have any hints on how to get discounts for SeaWorld. I am hesitant to pay full price but will if I have to.

And my last question (for now), do you know anyplace to by customized DCL towels. I am looking for something for my MIL with the dates of our cruise.

Cyberkashi
11-25-2003, 03:04 PM
We got our Western excursion info last week but our Eastern excursion info hasn't come yet. You can get all the info from several online sources though if you want. Also, some of the excursions-- like Captain Marv's Stingray snorkeling excursion can be booked direct at a reduced cost. We did that last year with several people from the board and it was Great!

Annie12345
11-25-2003, 08:44 PM
Hi Cyberkashi - the only thing better than a one week cruise is two weeks back to back... it will be so much fun... as DH (goofyaboutmickey7) said, we have early seating but it would be great to meet up at other times...

Beryl1657 - we haven't received anything yet, but should be getting our info soon...

Sbatty - If you have an Entertainment Book, it should have a discount to SeaWorld. They also give a AAA discount. If you are going there after the cruise, I could give you my coupon as we won't be using it...

I haven't found any DCL towels, but I have the Disney catalogue and they have some really nice disney towels that can be personalized, that are on for $14.99 through Nov. 30th.

Let's start a list of who would like to do either high tea or champagne brunch (or both), and I will make the reservations...

Have a Disney Day,
Ann::MinnieMo

Cyberkashi
11-25-2003, 11:38 PM
I am sorry to hear to have early seating. Actually we changed our minds about late and tried to get early seating but it was totally booked. Oh well. Are you late-nighters or early birds? My DH usually like to hang out in Dueling Pianos for a few nights. We are bothered by the smoke in the other clubs so it kind of limits our options. I am sorry that Disney has not caught up to the rest of the country and limited smoking in the public areas. We can't even play Bingo because the residual smoke is so bad in Rockin' Bar D.

As far as high tea and brunch goes, we would love to do both, but how can you make the reservations? I thought we had to make them once we got on board and that you can only make them for your own cabin? Did they change that?

-- Cyberkashi

disneygal58
11-26-2003, 07:25 PM
We would love to get together for High Tea. We were fortunate enough to secure a reservation this past January and it was lovely. I was surprized by the low attendance and wondered if people choose to not show up because there is no charge?
Have a great holiday,
Dawn

Annie12345
11-26-2003, 09:37 PM
Hi Cyberkashi - we are definitely not early birds... we spent every night in the Dueling Piano bar last time around (as well as attending the 60's, 70's, and 80's parties in Rockin Bar D) Did you know that there is no more Dueling Piano's? They have changed it to a Cheer's type sports bar...

As far as ressies for high tea and brunch goes, I believe that you can make a group booking - at least that's what I've gathered from general posts on the DIS. I will clarify it though through a separate post - wouldn't want to disappoint anyone...

Hi Disneygal - I'll add you to the High Tea list... we didn't do this last year but are anxious to try it out...

Have a Disney Day everyone!!!

- Annie

::MinnieMo

Cyberkashi
11-27-2003, 04:56 AM
DH is going to be very sad when I relay that message. I am sorry to hear they cancelled that. It was a lot of fun. They already have the ESPN sports bar. Why do they need another? Where then is there a non-smoking adult club? The sports bar?

Annie12345
11-27-2003, 08:53 AM
The old ESPN bar is now the teen's area, Common Grounds... The old Common Grounds is now a coffee house for adults only serving gourmet coffees and alcohol beverages (it might be non-smoking). I believe there are also more internet stations at the coffee house also...

Annie12345
11-27-2003, 03:27 PM
I did some checking about booking High Tea and/or brunch ressies for us as a group. I will be able to make large group (or whatever size we end up being) bookings for both high tea and brunch, but I will need your last name and stateroom number if you are interested... If you would like to attend either or both, please feel free to pm me but I will need to know before January 27th because that will be the last day I'm looking at a computer until after vacation!!

Have a Disney Day!!
Annie

disneygal58
11-27-2003, 07:06 PM
Annie,
Thanks for being willing to take on the task of the reservation. Count us (2 of us) for High Tea. Last Name is Hope / cabin number 2601.
Hope everyone is enjoying the holiday,
Dawn

Cyberkashi
11-28-2003, 10:56 AM
Annie,

which day(s) are high tea on this cruise?

Annie12345
11-28-2003, 10:31 PM
I believe High Tea is on all of the sea days...

HADD

Cyberkashi
11-28-2003, 11:46 PM
I just noticed your tag line about Fidelio. My DH really likes him a lot. We both thought he was a riot. You should have seen him the night I left him a large tip with the request to play "Sweet Transvestite" from the Rocky Horror Picture Show.

disneygal58
11-30-2003, 10:33 AM
Happy Ten Week Countdown!
By Florida standards it is a bit chilly at the moment - got "down" to high 40s last night and will only make it up to the low 70s today. I find it amusing to watch co-workers buddle up in hoods and mittens when the temps drop below 65. La di da.
I must begin working off the holiday pounds so that I can justify the cruise fare.
Have a magical day,
Dawn Hope

JenGang
12-01-2003, 10:09 PM
Hello everyone!

DH just found this board a couple of days ago so I thought I'd finally say something instead of just being a lurker. My name is Jen. Our family is going on this cruise and we are SOOOO excited. It's our first cruise ever so we're not even sure what all to expect. our DD's are Kaele (10yo) and Beth (7yo). We haven't even told them about the cruise yet because I just know they'll drive me insane once I do tell them. LOL I think I'm going to tell them on Christmas Day.

Anyway, I do have a question for those of you that have been on a Disney cruise before. I know I've heard that the reservations for Palo fill up quickly. Do you know how quickly they fill up? We're not going to be getting to the ship until probably about 2pm on departure day so I'm a little worried about not being able to get a table. Any advice is appreciated.

Cyberkashi
12-01-2003, 10:45 PM
Hi Jen,

This will be our third cruise on the Magic. We also have a DD age 7 who will be on the cruise.

Palo fills up FAST!!! You may have a challenge getting a reservation. The usual strategy is to divide and conquer for the Spa & Palo reservations--each spouse taking on one of the reservation lines.

BTW, we are looking to coordinate dining room seating with another, compatible family. We have Late seating, our daughter is a LATE nighter, and are looking for a family whose kids (preferably daughters) eat dinner with the family and then like to stay up LATE in what my daughter calls "the Kid's Nightclub"--the child care area. Let me know if you are interested. :chat:

-- Jami :boat:

JenGang
12-01-2003, 10:55 PM
We are also late seating for dinner. :) I'm sure that Kaela and Beth would be happy to know that there is someone their age to sit with at dinner. Of course I have no idea how we'd go about doing that since it's our first time.

And that us such a bummer about Palo. I'm betting we won't manage to get reservations. :( I was hoping to get in either on Weds. night or Thurs. night. It's actually our anniversary on the 11th (Thurs.) but I thought since Thurs. is the formal dinner night that we'd try for Weds. I'm just thinking it would be fun to see everyone all dressed up so I'm not sure I want to miss that. Oh well, I guess I'll just have to pretend that everyone is all dressed up and celebrating our anniversary with us. LOL

Cyberkashi
12-01-2003, 11:15 PM
Jen that's great about dinner seating--we much prefer to arrange with a family in advance, if possible. So your girls are late-nighters too? If you email me at JBorman@Comcast.net with your reservation number I will contact DCL to get our dinner seating linked together.

You should of course try for Palo's, but as you know, the reservations are exceedingly quick to fill and waitlist. BTW, if you contact DCL, and tell them it is your anniversay, they will sing and bring a cake to the table at no extra charge.

-- Jami
JBorman@Comcast.net

JenGang
12-02-2003, 12:17 AM
Jami,

At the risk of sounding like a bad parent, no, our girls aren't normally real late nighters. I'm just forcing them to be that week since DH and I are late nighters. I'm sure they won't mind though since they'll be having so much fun. Do you still want to sit with us? LOL

And I know my friend who is a travel agent and booked our cruise for us did tell them that it's our anniversary so I know that's taken care of.

Oh, another question, is it worth it for the kids to buy the unlimited soda thing? My girls aren't huge soda drinkers so I was thinking it might not be but if the cost of sodas is a lot, maybe we'd be better off doing that???

And I'll e-mail you privately with our confirmation #.

Cyberkashi
12-02-2003, 01:49 AM
Personally, I think the soda is a waste of money (around $35 pp.?) You get free soda at all meals anyway. I dont like DD to get so much sugar, and they don't serve sodas in the kid's clubs. You have to drink quite a lot to make it worthwhile. Also, last Feb. when we went, they had a free coffee, tea, hot chocolate, and lemonade bar that was open most of the day.

BTW, I got your email. Sitting with another family will be great. I will try to connect with Disney this week and link the reservations. I will let you know if/when I am successful. On our first cruise, a couple of years ago, they put us at a table with 9 Spanish ladies who didn't speak English. We requested a transfer (I can't understand why they paired us in the first place!). They accomodated us, but when you start making switchies on the ship, the selection for dining partners is chancy.

On vacations my daughter can easily stay up to 1:30 am. :Pinkbounc

I'm sure she will be a suitably bad influence on your girls and get Beth engaged in evening activities in the kid's area. At night they show movieis until the kid's club closes. The kid's also have access to the computer area. My daughter usually watches the late movies and then parks herself at a computer game. She was often the last one in the club at the end of the evening.

disneygal58
12-02-2003, 08:27 AM
Hello,
Welcome Jen and family to the boards and to the most amazing vacation experience. If I can asssit you in any way with your planning - I live a half hour from the Port and am a frequent visitor to Disney World - please don't hesitate to ask. In fact if anyone would like me to send their children postcards from Disney, I'd be happy to oblige.
Just curious - I have noticed the the cost of cabins on your particular cruise is about $400 more than surrounding dates. Do you think that something special might be going on?

Take Care,
Dawn

JenGang
12-02-2003, 08:42 AM
I sure hope your DD does make Beth feel more comfortable since she will have a "friend" that she'll at least be eating every evening meal with. She doesn't have any problems meeting people but she is a lot more shy then her sister. Kaela on the other hand will no only be making friends with every kid on the ship but she will have every adult charmed too. LOL

And I kinda figured the unlimited soda thing would be a waste but it's good to heard that from someone else that has been on one of these cruises before.

JenGang
12-02-2003, 08:47 AM
Thanks for the welcome Dawn! I'm not 100% sure why our cruise is a little more pricey but I'm going to just take a guess that it's because the Monday after the cruise is President's Day. I didn't even realize that until after I booked but I do know that airfare coming back to MN was really started to get picked over and was getting VERY expensive. Then when I got my 2004 calender and started writing days on it that my girls are off school, I discovered the holiday. All I cared is that I was going to be on the cruise for my anniversary. LOL

And I may take you up on your offer to send my girls postcards when it gets a little closer to the cruise.

Cyberkashi
12-02-2003, 12:18 PM
Jen,

I know that Jazmyn will try to help Beth feel more comfortable. She is very empathetic and naturally focuses in on any kid who feels a little shy or left out. And Jazi would love to have a "best friend" on the ship whom she can share activities with. There are an amazing number of kids on the cruise--even in the middle of the school year--and a kid can feel lost if they don't make some connections.

Admittedly, Jazi may be a little less focused on others than usual on a trip like this, but she knows her way around the kid's club and the ship (not that she is allowed to go out alone) and that knowledge adds a lot to her confidence and focus. :cool1:

Additionally, we are doing a "back-to-back". That is where you take two consecutive Disney cruises without getting off the ship. The week that we meet you will be our second week on board. I'm sure Jazi will be happy to share with Beth how to make the most of the week's special events--which will be repeated this week of the trip.
:happy1:

Annie12345
12-02-2003, 07:50 PM
Welcome Jen and family.... We have a 10 year old DD as well and she is a social butterfly. This is our second Disney Cruise and she loved the first one... There's nothing not to love!

Dawn - we just received notification from Dreams Unlimited that our cruise price went down by $750 for our category - I'm not sure why, but it was a wonderful surprise for us...

It sounds like we are going to have a fun group... looking forward to seeing everyone soon....

Have a Disney Day,
Ann

JenGang
12-02-2003, 09:08 PM
Thanks for the welcome Annie! If your DD is a social butterfly, I'm sure her and Kaela will have no problems getting along. Kaela doesn't have a shy bone in her body. Her biggest problem is that she's 10yo going on 25yo! Way too mature for her age. LOL

kcashner
12-04-2003, 06:13 PM
We're also sailing on the 7th for my daughter's 13th birthday. It will be our 10th trip on the Magic, I think it is the 3rd or 4th Eastern cruise. We'll do a week at Dis World also.... The big thing is that she can't wait to be allowed into the TEEN program.

I really don't think the soda thing is worth the money. You get pop free at all meals (in the sit down restaurants), and really don't "need" it in between. You can always get iced tea, milk, lemonade, fruit punch, hot chocolate free.

We frequently do this week because of the birthday. The weather can be anything from 85 and wonderful to much cooler...we've only hit one cool week on the Magic, but it has happened several times at DW. There's just no way to predict. If you're doing any park time, bring at least one long sleeved outfit.

Palo reservations do fill quickly, but they also have "no-shows." Make your reservation as soon as you get on the ship. Then, if you can't get a reservation, get on the wait list and keep checking. Even the evening you want, someone may be a no-show and you might get in.

The reason our cruise has increased in price is that it is getting more full. Disney has a system of controlling prices based on how full a cruise is and the length of time till the sailing. They just adjust the "early booking" discount.

My experience with the kid programs has been generally good. If my DD makes a friend, then she loves the programs. If she fails to hook up with a buddy (or the worst case, she and another girl made friends, then the girl was told that she had to hang with her cousins, not a stranger), I start to hear that the programs are "boring." That translates "I don't have a good friend there." We always travel "off season" (except the first time) and have never had a problem with over-crowding in the school aged programs.

I'm game to field any questions that I might be able to answer. In general, we've sailed on the Magic twice a year since the inaugural sail. We sailed on 2 other ships previously....and Disney has them all beat!
Kathryn

Annie12345
12-04-2003, 06:57 PM
Hi Kathryn - Welcome Aboard...

I thought I'd start a list of cruisers and I'll try to keep it up to date. If you would like to add names instead of just saying DH, DD, etc., that would be great and I'll update regularly:

1. Disneygal58: Dawn Hope; DD - Erin (18); DMom; Dsister
2. Annie12345: Ann, DH - Randy; DD - Jaclyn (10)
3. sbatty: Susan, DH, DD (4); DS (5); MIL; FIL
4. tink&cinderella: Mom; DC (51/2); DC (21 months)
5. mrsdon: Debbie & DH
6. Zellda: DH & DW
7. DebiLL: Debi; DH; DS (12); DD (10)
8. beryl1657: DW; DH; DS (8); DD (5); and friends
9. lotsofboys: DW; DH; DS's (10) - twins; DS7 and DSister; DS (17); DS (13); DD (10); Mom and Dad
10. cyberkashi: Jami; DH; DD - Jazmyn (7)
11. Jengang: Jen; DH; DD - Kaela (10); DD - Beth (7)
12. kcashner: Kathryn; DD (13)

So far, for High Tea, I have
Disneygal 58; sbatty; and cyberkashi who have expressed interest...

HADD!!
Annie

JenGang
12-05-2003, 12:04 AM
Thanks for putting together that list Annie! If you want to add that my DH's name is Joe, that would be great.
Thanks Bunches!:)

JenGang
12-05-2003, 12:07 AM
I forgot to say in my last post that I would definately be interested in joining everyone for High Tea but I'm not sure how DH would feel about going. I'll check with him and let you know if I'd be solo for that or not.

JenGang
12-05-2003, 12:14 AM
Thanks for bringing up the weather. That was something I had been meaning to ask about. Although I figure since I live in Minnesnowta <---LOL Anything has to be better than what it'll be here!

Oh, and here's another questions for anyone that's been on a Disney Cruise before. About the kids menus. I know that most kids would be thrilled with the abundance of mac & cheese, chicken strips and such, I have a feeling my kids will not be overly happy. Although I'll never claim to be a gourmet chef, they're just not used to eating things like that all the time. If the kids saw something on the regular menu that they wanted, would they be allowed to order from that? I know that may be a dumb question but I'm just curious.

Cyberkashi
12-05-2003, 01:23 AM
The waiter's automatically bring a kid's menu to the table. I almost always order something for my daughter off the adult menu. Also, if you request in advance (the night before) they will make you a "special" simple entre like broiled chicken or fish.

Also, it depends on the waiter, but some automatically bring out a kid dessert after every meal unless you indicate otherwise. I tell them not to bring unless I request it. I then usually order her off the adult menu. The kid's menus tend to be very high in sugar, fat, and carbs. If DD eats like that she will be bouncing off the walls.

kcashner
12-05-2003, 08:11 AM
The waiters automatically bring kid menus to the younger set as they have crayons and activities on the menu. The kids can order off either the children's or adult menu for any meal...or both! The adult menu lists in small print that they have grilled chicken, sirloin steak, and something else always available. They will also mix and match veges, etc. For instance, if my daughter wants the grilled salmon, but wants it with mashed potatoes from the kid menu instead of the rice it normally comes with, that's no problem. Also, she told the server that her favorite vege was broccoli, so every night he brought her a dish of broccoli! They also learned her request for "no sprinkles" on her Mickey bar.

Our favorite server told us that he was hoping to leave the ship at the end of his contract, so not be there for us this trip. He has 2 young children at home, but really needed to work on the ship for financial reasons. So...we will miss him terribly, but know he will be happier at home, if not wealthier!

The servers work for tips. They receive a VERY small stipend from Disney Cruise LInes (because the ship is registered in the Bahamas, they do not have to follow US minimum wage laws). Most servers will share a little of their life at home. They seem to fall into 2 categories--either they are young and doing this to see something of the world (in which case, they have a good time on their days off if they happen to be port days),or they are supporting families "back home," in which case they sleep and do laundry on days off. DIsney takes care of uniforms, but they still do personal things. Suggested tips on the ship run about $75 per traveller, which can be put on a credit card at guest services. The servers have told me that it makes no difference to them whether you put the tip on a credit card or give it in cash--they still get the full amount. I usually put the suggested on the card, then enclose some extra cash in the envelope (don't know if there are tax consequences for them or not). What I'm trying to say with all of this is my personal opinion that if I can afford a trip on DCL, I can afford to properly recognize those people who work their tails off to make my trip pleasant. I've never been refused anything I requested in a dining room.
Kathryn
Kathryn

disneygal58
12-06-2003, 07:21 AM
Annie,
Thanks for putting the list together. Unfortunately my mom and sister have cancelled their cruise, so it will be just Erin and I.
Kathryn,
Do you prefer one itinerary to the other?

Just think only 9 more weeks!

Enjoy your weekend,
Dawn Hope

kcashner
12-07-2003, 01:49 AM
You know, one itinerary over the other is strictly personal opinion...and remember that you don't always go where the ship is scheduled to sail. We've been on 2 cruises (both in the fall, which is hurricane season) when they re-routed things due to weather. However, the short answer to your question is that I prefer the Eastern route. It has one more sea day, and they have an extra adult programming series. It features someone with Disney connections who does 3 one hour lectures/demonstrations/whatever is appropriate to his/her postion....kind of an "inside Disney from his/her perspective" feature. My 2 favorites were the guy who played Gaston on Broadway and the VP of Imagineering.

This series is different each Eastern cruise, and you never know who/what it is going to be till you sail. My daughter has even recommended certain cast members to be considered for the series. This is listed as "adults only," but in each case the speaker said it was ok to bring older kids--they just didn't want younger ones who might disrupt the presentation. The imagineering guy talked about development of park attractions, what was new and upcoming at the parks, etc. "Gaston" talked about his background, how he got the job, what he had done at Disney, did a demo of how they quickly learned and recorded music for the movies, etc. It was all great.

In addition, both routes have a 3 part cooking/drinking series featuring a guest chef and the Magic wine people, and entertaining series, and a series about the ship.

My ultimate feeling is that no matter where you go or what happens, there's no such thing as a bad time on the Magic! Travelling during hurricane season was a little creative (the first time, I didn't realize that September was a little problem in that part of the world), but even when they changed our routing, they found other safe ports and hustled to put together shore excursions for us. There were some pretty grumpy passengers, but those of us willing to "go with the flow" had a wonderful time.

We've also been on 2 cruises where they couldn't get us to the Cayman islands (Western) because of high waves that were unsafe for the tenders. Again, oh well....they just adjusted things and we had a good cruise.

This sounds like things change a lot, which isn't true. Normally, you do exactly what your schedule says. However, the fine print is that the itenerary is subject to change without notice, and it does happen.

Any more teens out there sailing? I'm looking for a friend for my "soon to be 13" year old.
Kathryn

disneygal58
12-07-2003, 09:50 AM
Thanks Kathryn,
We've sailed 2- 3 day and 2- 4 day itineraries mostly during the fall/spring. Last January we sailed the Western and missed Grand Cayman, but loved the extra sea day - that's why we opted for the Eastern this year. I am anxious to take advantage of more of the adult programming/behind the scenes offerings as well as the wine tasting. It seems as though time enters warp speed once you pass through the giant mouse ears at the Port and it is impossible to take it all in - probably why we are sailing with DCL as often as we do.

Dawn

kcashner
12-10-2003, 08:41 AM
It is cold, rainy and snowy....our final payments have been made....is anyone else just wishing it was time for the ship?

berly1657
12-10-2003, 09:55 AM
Has anyone rec'd their excursion info? I have gone on the website etc - but would like more detailed info - like how long do you actually get at the beach or snorkeling etc and how long are the bus/taxi rides etc. I did call DCL last week Tues and they said the documents were mailed via Disney mail on 11/19...

We did book the Pinel Island snorkeling for the adults - hoping our kids are going to LOVE the labs...(maybe I am too trusting) It is too bad we aren't in St. thomas first - we aren't sure if we are going to do an exc there or not and then we could give the kids an option of coming with or staying on the boat first. Now we are just saying - "will be back in 3.5 hrs, hope nothing goes wrong..."

kcashner
12-10-2003, 10:08 AM
The excursion info usually comes a month or 6 weeks ahead of time. Despite their warnings that things fill up quickly, we've not had a problem getting what we want.

As to your kids....since they are in the lab, they are old enough to understand that you are going to be "busy" and are available for emergencies only during that time. THe counsellors understand that too, and are good about it. You do need to decide whether your kids will be allowed to sign themselves in and out of the lab, and make whatever rules you decide upon while you are off the ship.

My rule (for when I am ON the ship) was always that if DD told me she was going to the lab, she had to be either in the lab or in the cabin. She could not sign herself out and run around the ship. We would also make meeting arrangements--sign yourself out of the lab and meet me outside of Parrot Cay for lunch..or whatever. I also tried to tell her what I had planned. We did take a set of walkie-talkies, but really didn't use them. The best thing was for me to take one, (but not to the spa) and leave the second one in the cabin. That way, if someone wanted the Mom, they could go to the cabin and call me on the walkie talkie. Alternatively, the counsellors in the lab will page you if your child asks.

disneygal58
12-10-2003, 08:03 PM
Although it is neither cold nor snowy here in the Sunshine State, it is a bit rainy. I am trying to stay in the moment and enjoy the holidays, knowing that the cruise awaits on the other side of tree trimming (and taking down), my daughter Meagan's semester break (and return to school) and the self imposed madness that sometimes insues at this time of the year. Come January, I will be beside myself with excitement.

Dawn

Annie12345
12-15-2003, 10:46 PM
Hello everyone!! Are you there?? Our thread was buried so I thought I'd bump it up... hope all is well with everyone....
Annie

JenGang
12-16-2003, 12:35 AM
I'm here too! I can't even tell you how excited I'm getting since I know that I only have a little more than a week before I get to tell my girls about the cruise! I have a friend that is great at writing silly little poems so I asked her to put together something to break the news to them on Christmas morning and what she came up with was just so perfect! I also got them new swimsuits as one of their gifts. I just know they're going to think that I've lost my mind giving them swimsuits in Dec. LOL

kcashner
12-17-2003, 08:57 PM
Swimsuits are good. I got a Land's End on their clearance section for $10! Since my suits from last summer are too big, I thought it was a great deal. I tried it on, and my DD suggested that I should wear something with a longer skirt or "do something about your legs. You know, mom, they have surgery now where they take out the fat or skin or whatever the problem is!" Somehow, teenaged daughters are a little rough on their 50ish mothers.

SO, I'll be the one with the bad looking legs in the size 10 swimsuit. My DD will be in THe Stack, busily not associating with me (hee hee).
Kathryn

Annie12345
12-17-2003, 09:36 PM
Kathryn, that's funny, kids are just too honest... I hear the same thing from my daughter...

Hi Jen - what a great idea... your kids will be sooooo excited!!!

I was on another board and heard about a cool looking thing in St. Maarten... here's the website...

http://www.caribbeanducktours.com

We're considering checking this out for something different...

Our weather has been so phenomenal here, I can't believe it... the snow is almost all melted.. it sure makes the countdown to cruisetime easier...

Have a Disney Day,
Ann

JenGang
12-17-2003, 09:55 PM
Originally posted by kcashner
Swimsuits are good. I got a Land's End on their clearance section for $10! Since my suits from last summer are too big, I thought it was a great deal. I tried it on, and my DD suggested that I should wear something with a longer skirt or "do something about your legs.
Kathryn

Oh I just can't wait until my girls get to that age! NOT! Mine are sassy enough as it is, I can't imagine what they'll be like at that age. And I wish my swimsuit was too big for me so I'd have to go buy a new one! I guess if I'd make use of that health club membership we have, that could be possible. LOL

JenGang
12-17-2003, 09:59 PM
Originally posted by Annie12345
[I was on another board and heard about a cool looking thing in St. Maarten... here's the website...

http://www.caribbeanducktours.com

We're considering checking this out for something different...

Our weather has been so phenomenal here, I can't believe it... the snow is almost all melted.. it sure makes the countdown to cruisetime easier...

Have a Disney Day,
Ann [/B]

That looks like lots of fun! They have something like that in Wisconsin in the Wisconsin Dells. They're called Ducks. Usually the guys that do all the talking make lots of goofy jokes.

And the weather here in MN is COLD! I can't wait until Feb. so I can finally be warm. I think I must be getting old because every winter bothers me more than the year before. And I used to be the type that would run around in the winter with Keds and no socks! LOL

Cyberkashi
12-18-2003, 06:44 PM
I haven't done much with the excursions yet. Maybe next week. The Ducks thing looks interesting. It is pricey. I hope its worth it. Last time we did the butterfly farm. I would lilke to go there again but not definately NOT with Disney. I need to take some family poles.

-- Jami

kcashner
12-20-2003, 01:45 PM
I went to the cruise chat last night and "met" a teen friend who will be on our cruise. The really cool thing is that they live less than a 30 minute drive from us, and we plan to get the kids together to meet before the cruise (safe, neutral place, etc.). It sounds like the kids share a lot of interests...and having a friend on the cruise makes it MUCH better. Join us on chat any Friday nite at 9 pm EST. The link is on the "chat " at the top of the cruise posts.
Kathryn
mother of a very happy soon to be 13 year old

JenGang
12-21-2003, 11:56 PM
I just wanted to see if my countdown timer is working. I can't believe we're getting so close to cruise time!

Annie12345
12-24-2003, 12:35 AM
Hi Everyone - I'd like to take this opportunity to wish you all a very festive holiday season and safe travels to all! Once the holidays are over, we'll have to start planning our Dis meet. It's getting close... we should be getting our docs next week!!

- Ann

kcashner
12-24-2003, 08:50 AM
Don't panic if you don't get your docs next week. Disney says you will get them 2 weeks ahead, even though mine have usually come a month before we cruise....and Annie is cruising a week before the rest of us! Also, you need to consider the holidays....I look for my docs about Jan 7-10, but even that is not the time to start worrying.

Happy Holidays....February is coming soon!

JenGang
12-24-2003, 10:30 AM
Hi Dawn,

I was just wondering if you were still willing to send my girls postcards from Disney. I'm breaking the news to them tomorrow morning so it'll just add to their excitement if they get a postcard sometime before we cruise.

disneygal58
12-24-2003, 04:50 PM
Jenn,
I'd be happy to send your girls a postcard. Email me with the specifics and I will get it in the mail after the 1st.

Happy Holidays to Everyone! If there is time, remember the parade at WDW will be broadcast tomorrow morning.

With Affection,
Dawn

JenGang
12-25-2003, 01:34 AM
Thanks Dawn! I just sent you a PM with their info.
:teeth:

JenGang
12-27-2003, 08:11 PM
In only 6 short weeks we'll be on the Magic! My girls know about the cruise now and although they didn't act super excited when they found out, they've been asking TONS of questions since then.

It's been unseasonably warm here the last couple of days here but believe me, I'm not complaining! I can't wait to be in the nice warm weather on the cruise.

disneygal58
12-28-2003, 10:30 AM
Happy Six Weeks To Go!
In just a few days we can say we're going next month.
Has anyone recieved their documents yet? I'm hoping for a little upgrade, if possible.
Jenn,
I have a small package that I am planning to get into the mail for your girls later this week.
Have a wonderful last weekend in 2003.

Dawn

kcashner
12-29-2003, 09:20 PM
Bumping this up to the top of the list so I can find it.....just a hair over a month till we leave (doing parks before cruise....)

disneygal58
12-30-2003, 10:02 AM
Any thoughts on a meet Friday evening or once onboard Saturday? In the past we have met in between the drill and the sailaway party or at the sailaway party.
Shall we wear the traditional lime green ribbons?
It's getting closer....
Dawn

jjb52
12-30-2003, 03:13 PM
Hi to everyone, just found time to post that we too are going on the February 7 cruise. This is our fifth Disney cruise and the second time for the Eastern. I am without kids this time-just me and hubby. We just did the Western last month with my son and new daughter in law. I would like to join the list for high tea and if a brunch at Palo is planned count both of us in. The brunch is delightful. I've not done the tea. I am hoping to get a dinner reservation as well. I am looking forward to a break from cold Minnesota.
Janene

JenGang
12-30-2003, 04:29 PM
Originally posted by jjb52
I am looking forward to a break from cold Minnesota.
Janene

Hi Janene! So where in MN are you located? I'm in Minneapolis right near the airport.

JenGang
12-30-2003, 04:31 PM
Originally posted by disneygal58
Any thoughts on a meet Friday evening or once onboard Saturday
Dawn

Dawn, our flight won't be getting in until around 11pm on Firday night so I'm guessing we'd have to opt for getting together on Sat. So tell me more about the lime green ribbons. Please tell me I don't have to make a large lime green bow to wear on my head. LOL

disneygal58
12-30-2003, 08:37 PM
Welcome Janene. It was a lovely 75 degrees here today - we were surrounded by those seeking respite from the cold north at the beach today.
Jenn,
Traditionally Dis Board members wear any type of lime green ribbon to help each other identify one another at the Parks or on the ship. People have also been creative with the Disney Paint chip samples at Lowes. I opt for a discreet (as discreet as lime green can be) ribbon tied to my lanyard. But, feel free to wear the large bow in your hair!

Dawn

jjb52
12-30-2003, 09:18 PM
Jen-
I am fifty miles north of Minneapolis-between Cambridge and Princeton. I work at the Disney Store in Ridgedale part-time in case you are ever in shop.
Janene

kcashner
12-31-2003, 10:47 AM
The price of our cruise date just went up again...aren't you glad you booked when you did? Categories 4 - 12 are still available. Looks like some people who got cruises for Christmas like our date!

kcashner
12-31-2003, 07:23 PM
I got my shore excursion pack this afternoon....didn't spend much time with it, but looks like nothing new or different.....fun, fun, fun.
Now for making some real decisions...

disneygal58
01-01-2004, 09:13 AM
HAPPY NEW YEAR!
Now it's official - we are cruising next month. I hope everyone's celebration was joyful and safe.
We recieved the excursions info a few weeks ago. i think we are simply going to wing it - taxi to Meagan's Bay, walk around the islands. The Magic is the big draw for us.

Dawn

kcashner
01-01-2004, 01:37 PM
I totally agree that the Magic is the point of the vacation!

And...ONE MONTH from now, I will be in my vehicle driving to WDW. Well, it's not the drive that I'm looking forward to, but it is still only a month away!

tink&cinderella
01-01-2004, 08:40 PM
Just wanted to check in with my fellow February 7 cruisers.

I have read that some of you have received your documents/tickets and/or the navigator. I booked through a TA and we are going down a week prior which we booked directly via Disney. Could this create a problem - ie what if we don't get the documents until the week prior to the cruise and we are already down in Florida. Has this ever happened to anyone?

The TA got the booking via World of Vacations - They buy a block of cabins and resell - although I think we received a good price I am a bit worried about this time business and getting the documents.

We also changed our reservations from CBR to POR as I was able to get the $85.00 rate per night - unfortunatley CBR was sold out at that rate. Any ideas on what kind of requests I should make for the four of us ? DH, myself, 5 1/2 and 21 months old (both girls) - anything you would not suggest at that resort - I've never stayed at any moderates.

Stayed at All Stars last January with just my oldest daughter and thought it was a bit on the small size for the 4 of us. Anyhow, we are very excited about WDW but especially the Cruise. This is the first cruise for any of us and my DH has never been to Florida at all.

Does US air still have a check in counter at the port for luggage or has this changed since the Alert has been raised to Orange. One last question - how long does it take for check in at the airport as a domestic flight. We are driving to Buffalo from the Toronto area and don't have a really good idea if we also need to be at the airport as least 2 hours ahead of time. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Denise
(Tink&Cinderella)princess: princess: ::MinnieMo ::MickeyMo

Rikersmom
01-01-2004, 10:14 PM
I just posted on the regular board about this--sorry I didn't look here first.

I'm Karen--travelling with friends Maryann, John & Dorothy. This will be my first cruise without my husband. He has graciously agreed to stay home and tend to the homefront. We've been fortunate to have enjoyed both the eastern and western cruises. Maryann has been on the Wonder before, but this is her first Magic cruise. John & Dorothy are first-time cruisers, but they are huge Disney fans--many trips to WDW.

Looking forward to meeting all of you.

Annie12345
01-02-2004, 03:43 PM
Welcome Aboard Denise and Karen - looking forward to meeting you ...

Is anyone else interested in a group High Tea and/or Palo Brunch? I would be happy to make reservations - I just need your last name and stateroom # (you can pm me if you like).

We received our docs last week... How about everyone else?

I hope everyone had a great New Year... we were away between Christmas and New Year's and am just now getting caught up on the DIS...

HADD!!

disneygal58
01-02-2004, 07:22 PM
Welcome Karen, Denise and families!
Denise,
I like POR more than CBR - I hope you have the same experience. Are you using the DCL transportation to the Port?
Karen,
When was your last Magic cruise?

I look forward to meeting everyone,
Dawn

Rikersmom
01-02-2004, 10:12 PM
Thanks for the welcome aboard.

Dawn, my last cruise was the 10/18/03 Eastern. My husband & I were joined by our two sons who live in California. (Ed & I are from Pennsylvania.) It was wonderful to spend a week together as a family--relaxing, eating, sunning, eating, swimming, eating.

I hope to convince my travelling buddies to try the brunch and high tea. I'll let you know.

I'm really looking forward to seeing the new "Golden Mickeys" show. It sounds great.

Karen

disneygal58
01-03-2004, 07:31 AM
Karen,
We last sailed in May of (now) last year. I am excited to see the new areas as well as the new show. I have been fortunate enough to secure one of the rare High Tea ressies in the past and hope to do so with our group this time around. i still have not made it to Brunch.
We have five weeks to go.

Happy Planning,
Dawn

jjb52
01-03-2004, 05:00 PM
Hi everyone. I just wanted to recommend the Palo brunch that Annie hopes to reserve. It was fabulous the last time we did a Disney cruise. I am hoping she can secure the high tea as well. Annie, I will let you know our stateroom number as soon as I find out-it hasn't been assigned yet-hoping for an upgrade. I sent you another pm.
Janene

disneygal58
01-04-2004, 08:19 PM
BUMP UP

I drove by the Wonder today as she was getting ready to sail. The weather was an amazing 80 degrees and picture perfect. Can't wait for you all to get here to enjoy it,too...

Dawn

JenGang
01-05-2004, 12:07 AM

The weather was an amazing 80 degrees and picture perfect. Can't wait for you all to get here to enjoy it,too...

Dawn

You have no idea how mean you are Dawn! It's a whole 3 here right now with no warm up in sight. I can't wait to get there to enjoy the warmth! I swear I'm getting so old and my knees just ache when it's this cold out.

On another note, I kind of started preparing clothing today. I've got a pile of stuff by my ironing board that needs to be ironed for the trip so whenever I have a few spare minutes (ha ha) I can run down and do a couple of things. I hate ironing! LOL

goofyaboutmickey7
01-05-2004, 09:19 AM
Good morning and I hope evry one stays warm or at least have warm thoughts (Cruise) This morning it is minus 45 degrees cars were all plugged in still tough going getting back to work and school after the holidays. I wish everyone a disney day. Arrrggghhh eh pirate: Randy

JenGang
01-05-2004, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by goofyaboutmickey7
This morning it is minus 45 degrees cars were all plugged in still tough going getting back to work and school after the holidays. I wish everyone a disney day. Arrrggghhh eh pirate: Randy

OMG! OK, the -3 that it is here right now is not so bad! LOL And I know what you mean about it being hard getting back to work after the hoidays. I'm a cook at a school and I think I felt like one of the kids this morning. I REALLY didn't want to go to school today!

disneygal58
01-05-2004, 04:43 PM
Keep thinking those warm thoughts - our time to cruise is right around the corner.
My oldest daughter is returning to school in Colorado on Friday (-30 there today). I think she has it backwards - school year in Colorado and summer in Florida. Oh, well she IS MY daughter.

Hang In There,
Dawn

kcashner
01-06-2004, 03:04 PM
According to DCL website, the cost of my category is $200 less today than it was last week. It's still higher than what I paid.

I post this for 2 reasons....you might want to check the cost of your category. If it drops below what you paid, DCL will match the new price IF you ask (directly if you booked thru them, thru your TA if you used one.) Secondly, the fact that the price has dropped probably means that the cruise isn't as full as DCL might like it to be at this point. I consider that "good news" as the ship is much more pleasant when it isn't completely full.....although it is pretty wonderful any time.....

When it's not full, you just have more flexibility if you need to change your dinner time...or make Palo or spa reservations, etc....

And...one month from tomorrow we will be sailing!

goofyaboutmickey7
01-06-2004, 03:10 PM
lets get out our high heel and low heel sneakers for the 1 month dance tommorow:cool1: :cool1: :cool1: :cool1: AAArrrggghhh we're dancin HADD Randy

berly1657
01-06-2004, 04:00 PM
I am really hoping that the water temp at Castaway is going to be swimable - the last couple, recent reports I have read - it has been cold! I plan on posting/asking what recent water/air temps have been on the main forum in a couple of weeks for recent cruisers.

I do know that we won't be having blizzard warnings like we do here today! Boy, am I glad we are flying in Thursday pm!

My little toy poodle wants to go outside - little does she know...

Waiting for those docs!

disneygal58
01-06-2004, 04:47 PM
Jenn,
I put the small package in the mail today for your girls from Mickey and Minnie. I hope that they enjoy the surprize as much as I did putting it together.

Dawn

JenGang
01-06-2004, 05:20 PM
Jenn,
I put the small package in the mail today for your girls from Mickey and Minnie. I hope that they enjoy the surprize as much as I did putting it together.

Dawn

I can't wait for them to get it. Thank you so much for doing this for me!

kcashner
01-07-2004, 10:41 AM
One month from now, I will be at the Port....or on the way.....anyone else having Disney dreams?????

Rainforest, here I come......I went to the gym today so I'd look decent in my swimsuit. (not that anyone cares, but I want to...)
Kathryn

goofyaboutmickey7
01-07-2004, 10:48 AM
1 mo. and we will be on our 2nd week western jan 31 eastern feb.7th we are so ready. Arrrggghhh eh pirate: Randy

sbatty
01-07-2004, 03:55 PM
Guess what we got in the mail today. So far I have just glanced at our documents to see if we were blessed with an upgrade. No such luck.

Annie - For Palo reservations our cabin numbers are 6515 (Patricia Bathras) and 6537 (Curt and Susan Bathras)

I had some extra time today so I took a stab at updating Annie's cruise list. Sorry if I made any errors.

1. Disneygal58: Dawn Hope; DD - Erin (18)
3. sbatty: Susan, DH - Curt, DD - Bryce (4); DS - Noah (5 1/2); MIL - Pat; Dad Barry
4. tink&cinderella: Denise, DH; DC (5 1/2); DC (21 months)
5. mrsdon: Debbie & DH
6. Zellda: DH & DW
8. beryl1657: DW - Kim; DH - Steve; DS (8) - Jason; DD Lindsey (5); and friends
9. lotsofboys: DW; DH; DS's (10) - twins; DS7 and DSister; DS (17); DS (13); DD (10); Mom and Dad
11. Jengang: Jen; DH - Joe; DD - Kaela (10); DD - Beth (7)
13. Borman: DW; DH; DD (7)
14. jjb52: Janene & DH - Andy
15. Rikersmom Karen & friends Maryann, John & Dorothy

disneygal58
01-07-2004, 04:41 PM
Jen,
It was truly my pleasure - it should be there by the weekend.
Kathryn,
The Rainforest Room is my favorite. I begin everyday there. I am dreaming of those heated tile loungers....

I WANT MY DOCUMENTS!!!!!

Dawn

Annie12345
01-07-2004, 07:34 PM
Hello everyone - Just thought I'd check in and say hi...
Kathryn - I've been going to the gym too, but I still don't think I'll look decent in a bathing suit :( ... this cruise, I am definitely planning to run/walk on deck 4 every day... on our last cruise I would get to deck 4 and see those incredibly comfy deck chairs, and decide it would be better to laze around and watch the ocean...
Thanks for updating the list, Susan...
For those who I'll be making the Palo brunch and/or tea ressies, I thought I would just confirm the date/time by leaving a message in your room.
Would everyone like to plan a quick meet on Saturday? How about at 3:30 outside of Studio Sea? There's quite a bit of space there, and it would give us time to say hi before we need to get to the lifeboat drill...

Have a great day everyone and keep warm...

Ann

lotsofboys
01-07-2004, 08:35 PM
Hi everyone, wow only one more month. We got our documents today, but went through Costco, so that could be why and darn no upgrade here either:confused: Oh well, you all have a better chance now statistically!

Susan, thanks for the update also. We are now just us and Mom and Dad, no sister or DS(17), DS(13) or DD(10). I can't believe almost everyone has girls, my boys are so disappointed their cousins aren't coming and don't really care for the clubs. I was really counting on the cousins (who have never been) to keep them interested this time.

What do you all think about my 101/2 year old twin boys having sign in and out privileges? We are probably too protective and don't let them do much unaccompanied even at home and I've read so many articles relating to women being harassed and sometimes assaulted on other cruise lines that it really worries me to have them roaming that big ship alone. The last time we went they were 8 so it really wasn't an issue. Any advice?

Thanks, Michelle

kcashner
01-07-2004, 10:13 PM
I allowed my daughter to sign herself in and out at age 10. We made a rule that she had to be either in the lab or in the cabin..she couldn't sign out and run the ship. She could also ask the lab to page me, in which case, we could go wherever. I'd leave a note in the room telling her where I was.

The next trip, I gave her the "run of the ship." DCL is really very safe...and my DD is vocal enough to scream or find the nearest CM (as appropriate) if she ever thought she had a problem. As to women being accosted.....never had any trouble on DCL!

disneygal58
01-08-2004, 06:28 AM
Annie,
3:30 outside of Studio Sea sounds great.
About the bathing suit thing - that's what a nice, large sarong is for....How crazy are we for planning a cruise a month after putting on the holiday pounds? To justify dessert each night, I never take the elevator. I make myself walk ALL of those floors and floors of stairs each day (we usually have a cabin on Deck 2). The walk around Deck 4 is beautiful and relaxing - if you can't steer clear of those wonderful chairs, it's more relaxing.
I am sincerely looking forward to meeting all of you. Will we be donning the traditional green ribbons?

Happy Countdown,
Dawn

To those of you that have recieved their documents - did they arrive UPS or FedEx?

JenGang
01-08-2004, 08:49 AM
OK, outside Studio Sea at 3:30. I can do that providing I can find Studio Sea. I'm assuming that they give us a map of the ship? LOL Now I guess I'd better work on that giant lime green hair bow. LOL
;) ::MinnieMo

kcashner
01-08-2004, 10:57 AM
Getting ready.....I looked at the Disney party decorations and decided that I didn't really want to spend another $30 for what will eventually end up in the trash...
So this morning, I went to our local "Party Outlet" store. I got a door decoration, a garland to put around the door, a centerpiece for either the room or the dinner table, a couple birthday cards, etc. all for under $10. Not too shabby....no Mic and Min, but nice "teenage" colors.

I wanted to do something to surprise/embarass/delight DD on the big 13th birthday!!! Even got a musical card!

Less than a month to go.......
Kathryn

lotsofboys
01-08-2004, 03:23 PM
Dawn,

Our documents arrived Priority Mail, but again from Costco Travel in Washington state.

kcashner
01-08-2004, 08:13 PM
FedEx from DCL

Annie12345
01-08-2004, 09:42 PM
Hi everyone - and the countdown's on... I will try to find lime green ribbons...

Dawn, you are right about sarongs... what a great invention! Maybe we'll get a chance to do some laps around deck 4 together... I try to do the stairs instead of the elevators, too...

Jen - studio sea is deck 4 centre -- you can look over the railing at deck 3 where everyone boards the ship...

Stay warm,
Ann

disneygal58
01-09-2004, 08:03 AM
Ann,
Laps followed by time in the Rainforest Room - perfect morning for me!
UPS phoned last night and said that they will deliver our documents today. I hope they arrive while we're home. Today I have to bring DDMeagan to the airport to return to school in frigid Colorado (fighting back the tears). Thank Goodness that I have a cruise to look forward to...

Still crossing my fingers for a little upgrade,
Dawn

kcashner
01-09-2004, 09:40 AM
It is cold and snowy here. I even bailed on going to the gym this morning as there were so many accident reports on the roads. I can't wait for my heated lounge in the Rainforest!!!

Lime green ribbons????

kcashner
01-09-2004, 09:45 AM
Ok gang....I'm really getting anxious. I looked up the weather in Orlando--60 now with a high of 72 today. In St. Thomas, 72 now with a high of 81. I'm ready!!!

THe extended forecast was even better.
Kathryn

disneygal58
01-09-2004, 06:39 PM
Well, I recieved part of my documents today. It seems as though they have mailed my 18 year old daughter's (who has always lived with me) to an address in a town in Florida that I am unfarmiliar with. DCL explained that they have always had this other address as an alternative (news to me) for my daughter. They are supposed to send them to us on Monday.
And no upgrade. Oh, well.... I'll be hiking up all of those flights of stairs from Deck 2.
Hope more people recieved good news in the mail today....

Dawn

Annie12345
01-10-2004, 12:08 AM
Michelle, I forgot to answer your question about the sign in/sign out privileges for your boys... My DD will have just turned 10 a few weeks before the cruise... we are planning to give her sign in/out privileges with stipulations - we will take her to the clubs when she wants to go, and she can choose to go to our room from there, but she will have to have us paged so we will know that's where she's going... so if she's not with us, she should only be in the club or the room. Other than that, if she wants to go somewhere else, we will take her, or else have to know where she is going, with who, and will probably check up on her. She definitely won't have the run of the ship... Last year, she loved the kids club and spent most evenings there, not wanting to leave...during the day she was usually with us unless there was an activity going on that she really wanted to do... maybe your boys will enjoy it more this year since it's a new age group...
Dawn, we didn't check out the rainforest room last time but it sounds wonderful... I think we will do it this cruise. We might even have a spa treatment...

Cyberkashi
01-10-2004, 04:04 AM
Susan: Thanks for putting together the list but 10 & 13 are the same family.

-- Jami Borman

sbatty
01-11-2004, 08:47 AM
lotsofboys: You mentioned that your boys didn't really enjoy the clubs. We have never cruised so I am curious about your experience.

I just booked the Renaissance Orlando Resort at SeaWorld for our pre-cruise trip to Seaworld. Has anyone heard anything about this hotel. We booked through priceline so I am keeping my fingers crossed.

This is a real small detail but I remember reading that the cabins only had showers. My kids have never showered. Do you know if the shower heads are the detachable kind or are they fixed in place? If they are fixed we better start practicing showering now.

This isn't cruise related, but is SeaWorld an all day park? Is it like WDW where we should plan to arrive right at opening time?

You can tell we are getting close because of all the questions. :)

disneygal58
01-11-2004, 10:04 AM
Not to worry, the cabins have tubs as well as showers.
Sea World can definitely be an all day park. It has undergone expansion and renovation over the past year.
Yes, we are certainly getting cloer. I have begun making lists, tucking away tips envelopes and parking fees.
Keep Warm,
Dawn

Annie12345
01-11-2004, 03:20 PM
Susan, the tubs are pretty small but they should be okay for the kids... the showers are telephone showers that detach from the wall... We've never stayed at the Rennaisance Orlando Resort but have friends who did, and loved it...

kcashner
01-11-2004, 05:17 PM
As to the club and lab...if my DD made a friend in the first day or 2, she loved it. If she didn't meet a friend, she hated it. I really think it has a lot less to do with the programming than with the social situation.
She's met her "buddy" for this cruise already, so I'm looking forward to the Rainforest.......

All cabins (except mayby handicapped) have tubs just like at home.

Sea World is an all day, but you can do it in one day. It isn't necessary that you be there at the opening...but shortly thereafter. The Renaissance hotel is nice.
Kathryn

lotsofboys
01-11-2004, 07:27 PM
Thanks Kathryn and Annie for the advice on signing in and out.

Susan, I didn't want to be too detailed in my previous post, but my then 5 year old DS LOVED his club. He would have stayed all day if he could. The twins, then 8, did not enjoy the club because "it was too noisy and rowdy" for them.... to quote them exactly! For boys, it seemed that all there was for them to do was video/computer games and if they weren't the first ones in the club in the morning they could never get a turn. They are both very quiet and I can imagine that they probably just didn't speak up enough for what they wanted to do. We insisted they pick at least one of the Main Event activities each day so they would at least get their suprise at the end of the week. They go into a new age group this time, but the same club if I'm not mistaken so I won't hold my breath. Maybe since they are older they will make a couple of friends that can motivate them to attend each day.

Also, we have a Sea World here and if you have never been it is absolutely an all day park, especially in the winter because unless the Florida location is different, the one here is only open 10:00am to 5pm and that is barely enough time to do the main attractions. Have fun!

mmouse37
01-12-2004, 03:04 PM
Hey everyone...

I hope you all don't mind that I am adding my group to the list of 2/7 cruisers!!! We just booked 2 weeks ago and I am psyched...this will be our 10th DCL cruise. We have done all the itinearies at least twice and just love DCL.

Our kids DD20, DS19 and DD15 are mad because, unfortunately they cannot come with us this time....2 older ones will be at college and the youngest can't take time off from H.S.

It will be me, hubby and hubby's brother and his wife (they are cruise virgins and very excited....since we talk so much about our past DCL cruises and we actually took their two DD's 20 and 21 with us last January on DCL). Their kids are unhappy as well that they can't go this time!!

Dawn.....I believe we cruised together in the past....in my signature you can see the dates of our past cruises....weren't you on one of them? Let me know. We have Cat 9 GTY and will be picking up our docs at the port so will not know cabin # until we check in.

We are staying at the Doubletree in Cocoa Beach on 2/6. Glad to be part of the group!!!

Here is a link to our past cruise pics....so you can see who we are.

http://community.webshots.com/user/daisy651

MJ
:wave2:

disneygal58
01-12-2004, 04:12 PM
Hello MJ!
Yes, we meet at the Dis get together last January. I am sailing with one less daughter this time (Meagan is away at college in Colorado). We did a four night in May to hold us over for this voyage. This is our first Eastern Itineray. If the truth be told, I don't care where we go - the Magic is the true destination for me.
So, welcome aboard - again.

Dawn

JenGang
01-12-2004, 07:27 PM
My girls got their package today. Thank you so much. The thought it was pretty neat that they have Mickey soap and they're both planning on using it when they take baths tonight. LOL

disneygal58
01-13-2004, 07:58 AM
Jen,
You're welcome and I'm glad that they enjoyed the surprize from Mickey and Minnie. I used to do all kinds of countdown gifts when my girls were younger. At ages 18 and 20, the inexpensive trinkets are more difficult (or require more creativity) to come by.
If I get a chance I am going to check out the new Ron Jon Caribe Resort next to the Port this week. Is anyone interested in staying there prior to the cruise? I want to see if they offer massage therapy/spa services. If, so I will drop off a resume and be able to meet Dis-ers all year!
Happy 25 Days!
Dawn

kcashner
01-14-2004, 12:28 PM
Is it time to pack yet? I'm getting really eager!
Kathryn

lotsofboys
01-14-2004, 12:43 PM
Funny you should ask that Kathryn, I just uncovered my over the door shoe hanger and decided it was time to start my "piles"!

We are having a heat wave here this week 77, expected today, I hope we get a heat wave for our week on the Magic.

berly1657
01-14-2004, 03:52 PM
I have had a large "shopping bag" set aside, since we made our reservations and have been adding things to it as I purchase them for the cruise. The bag is getting very heavy and full - this week I added film - and wouldn't you know it that the disposable camera's I bought the week before went on sale this week...Oh well.

Did anyone get an upgrade? We didn't. We thought that maybe since Cat. 10 looks full that we would be lucky. But what are the chances with adjoining rooms? Maybe our luck will turn when we check in?

We are getting a lot of snow today!

We will be sitting on our plane waiting for take off 3 weeks from now!

JenGang
01-14-2004, 05:12 PM
We finally got our docs today! No upgrade here either but I think I'll live. LOL So, for High Tea, are many dh's going to be joining us? I know for sure that I want to go so add me to the list and if other dh's are going, my dh will go too. Our cabin # is 7565. Jennifer and Joseph Gangelhoff

kcashner
01-14-2004, 05:15 PM
The "available categories" on our cruise have changed 3 times today...that either means that the cruise is filling up all of a sudden or that they are shuffling and issuing upgrades. Maybe I'll keep hoping.

However, upgrade or not, it will be a wonderful (or should I say "Magical) cruise....

disneygal58
01-14-2004, 07:00 PM
I, too am grateful just to be on the ship. Only one out of the previous five sailings have we ever "lived" anywhere but Deck 2. We have a category 10 this time and have typically found ourselves mostly in 9s or 11s. I would just love to experience a higher deck or angels willing a verandah.
So, I will keep my fingers crossed, but be happy with what I have no matter.
Dawn

kcashner
01-15-2004, 05:55 PM
They are definitely reshuffling cabins on our cruise....every time I check, different categories are available....I packed my "cruise only" stuff today!

schrei
01-16-2004, 09:14 AM
I just found this post, thanks to the nice folks who forwarded this link.

We'll be sailing with you. This is our 3rd, 7 day Eastern.

We have 2 children 13 year old DS & 8 year old DD. Anyone
that has a teen that would like to make a friend before we cruise my son is interested. The past cruises he has had a blast and now can go to the Teen club and is so excited!

We have booked the excursion to swim with dolphins on St. Maarten and reserved a Jeep with budget on St. Thomas.

you can email our family at

schrei@coastalnow.net

Hope to hear from anyone to

:chat:

Carla

ronandot
01-16-2004, 10:14 AM
Thanks to sbatty for steering us to this thread. Our first cruise as a family is only a few weeks away. We just recently got a wild hair, threw caution to the wind, and booked what will likely be our vacation of a lifetime. I can't imagine the emotions of having to wait more than a few months much less a year! We just booked 1/12 and have not received doc's. We went with the Cat 10 GTY deck 7. I was under the impression that only the cat would be guaranteed, but TA said it would be on deck 7 (not many cat 10's there). We will see. We are hoping for an upgrade. Has anyone been upgraded on this sailing? The only other cat's available were 5 and 4. We felt the difference would be better spent somewhere else. We are traveling with DS9 and DD5. Both can't wait and are the most well behaved kids around....at least for a few more weeks!

ronandot
01-16-2004, 12:32 PM
Sorry to post again, but after reading all 12 pages of this board at lunch, I decided to check availability. When we booked last week, only cats 10 and 11 (GTY) and cat 5 were available. Today, it appears that Cat 9 has gone to GTY. Can any of you who are cruise savvy help here? Should we keep what we have or is a Cat 9 GTY worth the xtra money? I would guess that we would have spent a little extra for the window had it been availble but I don't want to hose things up by wanting to change less than a week after booking. Any advice?

schrei
01-16-2004, 12:44 PM
We had sailed Cat ( 2 X) we liked the BIG pix window. When we booked last week we were told that they couln't assign a room and we would get the room # when we got the tix. Is that what GTY is? Anyhow. to us it was worth an upgrade as I didn't want 2 lousy small porthole windows. I want to be able to see day light that's why we don't go with an inside room too. As well as deck 2 rooms tend to be noisier as they are under the restuarants and such. Hope it helps!

ronandot
01-16-2004, 01:34 PM
This is our first cruise, but that is my understanding of what GTY is. My travel agent says we have a Cat 10 GTY on deck 7. We will see. All Cat 9's appear to be on lower decks. I am sure we will have more concrete opinions after this cruise. Thanks.

disneygal58
01-16-2004, 06:25 PM
Welcome Everybody!
We're only three weeks away.
It is my understanding that upgrades can be given at any point - even at check in. Inside cabins are nice if like being able to have total darkness at any time ( it may help the kids to sleep in later - if that's your preference). Outside cabins, of course offer a view of the world going by. The cabins are identical in size (category 10s and 9s) but have a different layout. Personally I'd sleep in a chair on Deck 4, just to sail...

Happy Planning,
Dawn

Shanno66
01-17-2004, 12:11 PM
Hi Y'all!!!

I have gone back and forth on "should I post, or shouldn't I?"

Well, should I won!

My name is Shannon and I too will be on the Magic on Feb 7th!

We are going with a group of 37! We have 18 adults and and 19 kids :crazy:. My husband and I are bringing our DD 5 and DS 2 (and 8 months). There are 8 other families in our group.

Schrei: One of our families has a 13 DS. I will ask if he is interested in emailing you, and give him your email.

This is my 3rd trip to the E Caribbean, but my 1st Disney Cruise. The 1st time was 13 yearst ago, and just last year DH and I went on a "10 year anniversary Cruise"

We are all very excited and will show up at the port early (I scheduled the private transfers and made sure we would get there EARLY!!) So, if you see a crazy bunch getting off four vans at once---it is our crazy group:D !

Greetings from Utah (very cold right now!):wave:

Shanno

Annie12345
01-17-2004, 02:24 PM
Hello everyone, and welcome Shanno, ronandot, and shrei -I hope I haven't missed anyone... We are on the 10 day countdown before we leave for sunny florida :sunny: and getting really excited... We're looking forward to meeting everyone onboard...
Annie

disneygal58
01-17-2004, 05:55 PM
Welcome Shanno!
It sounds like you have a fun group with you!
Just three weeks to the all you can eat shrimp at the lunch buffet and those great almond pear tarts....

Dawn

Annie12345
01-17-2004, 06:40 PM
Hi everyone - My DH just purchased the romance package at sea for us ... I'm so excited... I don't know what this will do to my ability to make ressies for brunch and high tea since this is included in our package... When I call on Monday, I'm going to see if I can make the group ressies at the same time, otherwise I won't be able to make the group ressies since we can only book for one day... I hope this makes sense... I'll keep you posted...

mmouse37 - I'm glad to finally get the chance to meet you since I have looked at your website often (especially your great dining rotation list!!!)

HADD!!!

Annie

lotsofboys
01-17-2004, 06:56 PM
Hi everyone!

Is the plan still to meet at 3:30 outside of Studio Sea (I think I've read all the posts since then but you never know)?

My boys are fascinated by the fact that we all have been communicating and don't really know each other yet and are really looking forward to the meet, hopefully to make a friend or two while there! ::yes::

Does anyone know where to check the water temperature at Castaway Cay? I'm debating about bringing the kids wetsuits, don't laugh at me, we are in San Diego and need them even in the middle of the summer because our ocean temp is rarely above 70 and that is down right cold for us :eek: (Apologies to all of you in freezing temperatures right now, I don't mean to be unsympathetic!) Just trying to judge how much extra I'm going to need this time versus when we went mid summer and the water was 95 degrees and I even went in it.

Looking forward to meeting all of you and I agree with Annie, especially mmouse37, I know you answered many questions for me on our first cruise in 2002 and I too have enjoyed your pictures.

kcashner
01-17-2004, 07:24 PM
Well, I'm packed....course, that says nothing for DD. ALso, hit the Disney store today--LOTS of great bargains like 75% off sweat shirts, etc. Good for that one "just in case" cold weather outfit. I'm really not that compulsive--just have no use for summer clothing here/now, so may as well get those things ready to go. Besides, we're leaving a week early....

disneygal58
01-18-2004, 10:37 AM
Hello,
I think the plan is still 3:30 outside of Studio Sea - that may be cutting it a bit close to the drill - 3:00 would give us a bit more time. What does everyone think?
Annie, would you add Erin and I to the brunch reservation?

Have a great day,
Dawn

Annie12345
01-18-2004, 09:06 PM
Hi everyone - for those who expressed interest in doing high tea and/or brunch as a group, I have emailed Dreams Unlimited with the information to see if they will book us ahead of time since we have the option of booking in advance through the romantic escape package... as soon as I hear back, I'll let you know... otherwise, I won't be able to book for the group but I could send all the information to someone else... we'll see how it goes with DU....

disneygal58
01-19-2004, 05:12 PM
Annie,
You must be getting so excited! 10 days for you, 19 for the most of us! I'm going to the Magic Kingdom on Sunday to get a little dose of Disney Magic to hold me over for the other Disney Magic.

Dawn

schrei
01-19-2004, 06:47 PM
Thanks for the post, I'll tell my son to look for an email if the family wants them to become friends. Thanks.

:Pinkbounc Carla
schrei@coastalnow.net

Annie12345
01-19-2004, 08:03 PM
Dawn - we are really excited... we're leaving on the 28th... although I'm panicking a bit because I have lots to do before we go... lots to get finished up with at work, lots of packing to do, clean the house, yada yada yada... how's the weather been in Port Canaveral?

disneygal58
01-20-2004, 10:01 AM
The weather here : wake up to mid 40s to low 50s in the early am, then it warms up to anywhere between low 60s to mid 70s. Sweatshirt/sweater weather for Floridians - a welcomed respite for the rest of the country, I'm certain.
We're getting down to the wire. We have the lists forming and the suitcases beckoning.

Dawn

kcashner
01-20-2004, 10:25 PM
Annie...do you know anything yet about the high tea reservations???? I know, I'm not leaving for 11 days, but I'm getting eager.
Kathryn

Annie12345
01-21-2004, 12:21 AM
Hi kathryn - No, this is the first time that DU hasn't replied to my email really quickly so I'm sending another one tonight...

we had some concerns here today... DH (Randy) was rushed to the hospital today and it turns out he has atypical pneumonia so he's going to be in the hospital for a few days, then complete bed rest until we leave (we leave on Jan. 28th and the doctor said he "should" be okay to travel by then)...

I'll keep you posted about the ressies....

kcashner
01-21-2004, 01:24 PM
Sorry to hear about Randy! I'll put on my doc hat and tell you that a week "should" be decent recovery time, although he may be weak for awhile after that....don't know if he'll really be up to WDW! Or are you doing 2 weeks of cruisins?

We'll all send up a few prayers and wait till we hear from you.
Kathryn

disneygal58
01-21-2004, 07:23 PM
Annie,
So sorry to hear about Randy. Two weeks laying in the sun on deck 4 should help. If there's anything that I can do from this end, let me know.

Dawn

Annie12345
01-21-2004, 10:38 PM
Thanks Dawn and Katherine for the well wishes... Randy will be in the hospital until Sunday on an IV drip. The doctor felt that since he is scheduled to leave in a week that the best way for him to get better would be to stay on the IV until then, then follow up with medication after that... Next Wednesday is a flying day, then Thursday we were planning to hit the Florida Mall to buy some last minute stuff, Friday WDW and we have tickets to the illuminations cruise... I'm a bit concerned about this day but he might just have to go back to the room and nap for a few hours in the afternoon. Then once we get to the ship on Saturday he should be okay... The biggest decision he will have to make is whether to have a nap on deck 4 or in our room, on the veranda...

Regarding the reservations, DU just got back to me and they can't make the group reservations... I'm torn because the only reason we were going to stay on board while in dock (in between cruises) was to make reservations... otherwise we'd get off and re-board later in the afternoon.... soooo, if there is anyone else who is going to get to the ship early, I can email my list of who wants what ressies, with all the relevant information...

kcashner
01-22-2004, 08:57 PM
It is COLD here, and even DD is having Magic dreams!!! We made (hopefully) the last Wal-mart run for the cruise list...till someone else thinks of something they've forgotten to tell me that they are out of. Why is it that kids never tell you that they are "low" on toothpaste till then can't get another smidgeon out of the tube....ditto any other essential item

disneygal58
01-23-2004, 07:44 AM
We have our Target "cruise list" ready. Later this afternoon we are heading to the mall in Vero Beach to check out slightly formal dresses for Erin.
I can't believe that we will be packing just two weeks from today.

Dawn

Annie,
I hope Randy is feeling better.

kcashner
01-25-2004, 02:02 PM
One week from now, I'll be well on the way to WDW. However, today we are in the middle of a horrendous ice storm, and I am so glad that I'm not driving now!

BTW, went to Target and found all sorts of clothes for DD on sale!!! She's majorly happy. Or, as she put it, "I got my hair cut, I got new clothes, I was on the radio, and I have a boyfriend. Life is good!" This teen stuff is gonna get old really fast.

disneygal58
01-25-2004, 04:58 PM
Annie,
I hope that your family is feeling well and ready to go this week. Let me know what is involved with the group reservation. I do plan to board as early as possible - I'm a little intimidated at the thought of possibly not being able to correctly make the ressie for everyone and then we all miss out on the chance to have brunch at Palo.

We went to the Magic Kingdom today - managable crowds and warm temperatures.

Enjoy the remainder of your weekend,
Dawn

Rikersmom
01-25-2004, 07:46 PM
The weather in Pennsylvania is frigid, and snow is expected through the night. I am so happy to hear that it is warm in Orlando. My friend who is cruising with me keeps saying,"Promise me that we'll be warm." It seems so strange to be looking for shorts and tank tops when we are wearing layers of clothes even inside the house. Promise me that we'll be warm!

Annie12345
01-25-2004, 10:21 PM
Hi Dawn, can you please PM me your email address and I'll send you the document that I had prepared ...
Thanks,
Ann

p.s. Randy came home today and he's doing fine...

Mikem861
01-25-2004, 10:49 PM
Hi Everyone, This will be my wife and I's first ever cruise....on 2/7/04 We are driving down from .....COLD... Michigan and staying at the Radisson the night before the cruise. Does anyone know if you can make shuttle reseverations ahead of time..before we get there? We are REALLY looking foward to this trip :teeth: ::MickeyMo :wave2:

kcashner
01-26-2004, 09:44 AM
Yes, you can make shuttle reservations from the Radisson ahead of time. You will need to call the hotel directly, not their national reservation number. You do not need to be on a "cruise package" which costs more.

A hint....the early shuttles tend to fill quickly. (I'm politely trying to say that you might not be able to get a decent time even now for a family.) You might decide to drive the family and the luggage over to the port about 10:30 with all your luggage. You check the luggage with the porter, and DW can get in the check in line. You return to the Radisson with only your cruise documents and photo ID (you'll need these to get back into the port). THen, you park and hop the next shuttle back to meet the family. You can almost always get on a shuttle as a single person with no luggage. This is not a big deal if it is only the 2 of you, but with a large family, can make a huge difference in your shuttle time. Just be sure that you KEEP your cruise ticket (documents) and your photo ID....or you will have a hard time getting back in!

Yes, you must meet DW in the line to check in (all adults must present themselves for check in), however, this is not a biggie. If she gets to the front of the line, she can just allow the next person to go...until you get there. Now, in reality, there are about a zillion check in lines, but it's not hard to spot someone.

See you all soon.....it's still icy here...maybe it will warm up before I need to move the car.

sbatty
01-26-2004, 11:06 AM
Hi Everyone, I can't believe we are leaving in a little over a week. Schools are closed today and probably will be late the next two days. My DS is in Kindergarten so that means no school. We should have cruised this week.

Since we are new to cruising and so are our families I have been trying to put some basic cruise information together. I have finally gotten some information into our website (http://68.55.20.181:8080/cruise/home.jsp). Check out the dining section if you are curious. If you see any errors or missing information please let me know. Tips, ports of calls and ship activites should be updated soon.

Annie - I am so glad that Randy is home and doing fine. I am sure this isn't the way you planned to spend the last few days before your trip.

See you soon. I can't wait.

lotsofboys
01-26-2004, 11:58 AM
Kathryn, did DCL change their policy? As I learned from these boards prior to our first cruise, only one person from the party needs to check everyone in. We cruised post 9/11 (June 2002) and had 4 adults 3 children, I checked everyone in without a problem. My DH was even returning the rental car while I was checking in. I may have to go to plan B since I was planning on doing it the same way for this trip.

It's getting harder and harder to concentrate on daily activities we are so excited.

disneygal58
01-26-2004, 05:14 PM
Welcome Mike,
We're planning a little meet on the first day around 3:15 - 3:30 outside of Studio Sea if you'd like to come say hello. I think you'll like the Radisson - it's convenient to some local restaurants (although I wouldn't recommend Zachary's for dinner, breakfast is okay) and you'll get a glimpse of the Magic from the second floor on Saturday morning.
I am wishing everyone NO weather delays during your upcoming travels. This is my second winter here and I often forget that there is real winter happening in the rest of the world.

Dawn

Rikersmom
01-26-2004, 07:05 PM
Not sure exactly when the check-in policy changed, but each adult does have to show up at the counter to get his/her KTTW card.

We always did the "one person return the rental car while the other person checked in" thing, but it doesn't work anymore. However, if one person checks in, I have seen the CM at the counter complete all the paperwork and hold the key for the other passenger to pick up.

tink&cinderella
01-26-2004, 08:38 PM
I can't believe only a few more days until we leave for WDW - We leave Friday to make our way to Buffalo and then fly from there. We are expecting about 14 inches of snow tonight and the temperatures here in Toronto are fridgid, windy and just down right ugly. I am worried about the drive to Buffalo as they are in the snow belt and it is according to the weather channel supposed to snow on Friday. What if we get snowed in and can't get there, what if the kids get sick - DD was sick on Wednesday - upset tummy and the works. Sort of thought just get it out your system now and not near on the cruise. Both my girls; Kimberly 21 months and Jessica 5 are starting with coughs and I worry worry worry. What if I forget something etc. Already went to doctor who gave me just in case anti-biotics for everyone to take along - We've suffered about 16 ear infections with my little one. Anyway - don't mean to ramble. I guess pre trip jitters are setting in.

We are very excited and hope to meet some of you on the cruise - I dont' think we can manage the high tea - not sure how the kids will be with the programs etc. Is everyone wearing lime green mickey heads??

My husband thinks I am Disney Obsessed and quiete frankly "nuts". He's never been to Disney, nor a cruise nor in Florida. He is used to vacationing in Europe etc - so I am really really hoping he will love it and we'll be able to go yearly.

Anyhow - bon voyage See you all there.

Denise

Annie12345
01-26-2004, 09:31 PM
Hi everyone - I'm just getting packed up, we're leaving Wednesday morning for Florida... Looking forward to seeing all of you on the 7th - see you outside Studio Sea between 3:15 and 3:30... Randy is recuperating quite nicely and looking forward to getting away from the -45 degree weather we've been experiencing this past week... Safe travels everyone, see you soon!!!

Ann

disneygal58
01-27-2004, 08:06 AM
Denise,
I have taught childbirth preparation and postpartum classes for years and always share with new moms that I believe the act of labor also gives birth the the worry/guilt gene. Your family will be fine, I'm sure. Once you arrive in Florida, the 70 degree temps will soothe your worries.
Annie,
I sent you a PM with my email address.

Dry, safe trip thoughts to you all,
Dawn Hope

kcashner
01-27-2004, 10:08 AM
Each adult in the party does need to show up at the desk to check in. However, mom can still get in line and wait for dad to return--she just can't complete the check in process alone.

I don't know when the policy changed. We've done 9 cruises, and they tend to run together in my mind....

It's cold, snowy, and just plain nasty here today. I'm definitely dreaming of WDW and cruise.

Annie12345
01-28-2004, 12:20 AM
Hi everyone - we're heading out in the morning... I'm all packed and ready to go... Dawn, I hope you got my email with the list... see you all on the 7th and safe travels to everyone...
- Ann

lotsofboys
01-28-2004, 12:32 AM
Ann, you have safe travels too and I hope you can relax since I'm sure it has been hectic for you with your husband under the weather! Don't get too tan before we all get there.

Michelle

sbatty
01-28-2004, 05:43 AM
Ann, I am pretty jealous. I hope you have a great trip and that the weather is wonderful. I just checked the news and it looks like the kids will be home from school another day.

I added a summary of tips onto our website. Most of them came from this board. Do you have any to add?

disneygal58
01-28-2004, 07:12 AM
Annie,
I did not recieve the email. I sent you a PM again with the address.

Dawn

jjb52
01-28-2004, 08:51 AM
Dawn,

I saw your post that you did not receive Annie's Palo list. If you did not make contact with her before they left we could start the list over. Let us know. I am interested in brunch (2 of us) and high tea(just me). I also want to try for a dinner ressie and am hoping I get to the ship before they are all gone. I did email you this information in a PM a few days ago after Annie contacted me that you volunteered to try for the ressies.

We still don't have a cabin number-just cat. 10 gtw-so am hoping for an upgrade still but I don't care where they put us just get me out of Minnesota. We have 8 new inches of snow and it is -20 to -30 below here in Minnesota. We leave in 8 days!!

Janene

Annie12345
01-28-2004, 09:45 AM
Hi everyone - I'll be saving some mickey bars and chocolate souflee for all of you... we leave for the airport in 90 minutes... it's -56 degrees today (yes it really is, this is not a typo)... the city is NOT shut down, schools are going, etc. so we are REALLY happy to be leaving today. Randy's doing great, seems to have recovered well... Dawn, I pm'd you the list as well as re-sent the email so you should have it now...
Susan - I think my tip is already on here and that's to bring an over the door shoe holder - we found it really reduced clutter in the room...
I'm looking forward to meeting all of you on the 7th...

Take care,
Ann

Shanno66
01-28-2004, 07:19 PM
Hi everyone!

I just wanted to post and let everyone know that the morning we arrive in St. Thomas, The Magic is scheduled to anchor and not doc.

Hope this helps, if anyone is planning their own excursions :cool:

We are now in the single digits!!!!!!! WOOOOHOOOO!:Pinkbounc

I am ready to shread the sweaters and put on a swimsuit!

Also, Shrei (sp?) I gave your email addy to my friend's son :cool: .

See ya'all soon!

Shanno:earsgirl:

lotsofboys
01-28-2004, 07:40 PM
Shanno, thanks for the info, how is it you were able to come by that information? Since we have never experienced this, I assume that means we must tender in? Have any of you had to do that and how much behind does that put you time wise for disembarking?

Hope you all are enjoying the final countdown, we sure are :wave:

disneygal58
01-28-2004, 08:34 PM
The Palo list made it through cyberspace and is now among my documents.
Janene,
I PM-ed you about the ressie. I'd be happy to add you to our cabin for brunch since you don't have an assigned room yet.

10 days!!!!!
I just have to chuckle when I see all of the native Floridians complaining about the cold weather (it never made it out of the 50s today). Everyone in the real world - bundle and stay warm. Tropics are on their way!

Dawn

mmouse37
01-28-2004, 09:24 PM
There was a post on the regular cruise board today that said that the Magic was due to anchor today, but was at the dock instead. I think it may be a hit or miss thing.

I have been to St. Thomas 3 times on the Magic and we always docked....it would be very interesting to tender this time, though for convenience I would prefer docking.

Stay warm everyone!!!

MJ

Shanno66
01-29-2004, 12:07 AM
Hi again:sunny:

I got this info from vinow.com. It has the schedule of all the cruise lines, month by month. This schedule shows what ships will be in port that day and which ships get to doc. I have read somewhere (can't remember where), that The Magic has to anchor every 7th (or so) time she visits St. Thomas.

If any of you guys haven't visited cruisecritic.com yet, you should. The Disney section at Cruise Critic isn't as good as this one, but you get a load of info on the PORT OF CALL section.

Have all of you gals got all your shopping done???? Only a few more days left!!!!:smooth:

Shanno ::MinnieMo

minniemoms
01-29-2004, 12:13 AM
Hi, 1st time cruiser here, and just can't wait, DH and I are coming for our 1st cruise ever, and knew it had to be Disney. We, well rather I, am a fanatic. Go to Disneyland at least once if not twice a year. Didn't read all the other posts, but I plan to. Still don't know which excursions to do, ????? I am a shopper, and my DH likes to relax. We will be like the Disney commerical, if you have seen it, where the mom runs off the all the excursions, and activities, and the dad is asleep in the hammock, and the hot tubs, Can't wait to come any last minute advice for a first time mid-40's cruiser, who doesn't drink alcohol, would love to hear it. My DH and I love to have fun, we just don't drink. He is rather quiet, but I am the friendly one of the two of us, but we just can't wait. Look forward to meeting with some of you.

Mikem861
01-29-2004, 07:13 AM
Hi Minimoms!!
This will be our first cruise also. My DW is the Disney fanatic, but it is growing on me. we have been to WDW 4 out of the 5 last years...last year being the exception. We joined the DVC in 2000. We will be going to the BCV after the cruise for a 1 night stay and then on to Port Charlotte to visit my parents for a week. We can't wait to get out of this COLD Michigan weather!!! I did see that there are going to be 8 ships in port at St. Thomas when we are there. I also see that the Magic will anchor and tenter people on-shore when we get there. We are trying to figure out which shore excursions to go on too. We look forward to meeting you and the rest of our fellow cruisers when we get there.:earsboy: :wave2:

Mikem861
01-29-2004, 07:16 AM
Hi Minniemoms,
Sorry I spelled your nickname wrong ..It is early :)

disneygal58
01-29-2004, 07:21 AM
Welcome Minniemoms,
I, too am a Disney obsessesd fortysomething who cannot make it without walking down Main Street USA once a month or so. We are planning a mini meet the first day of the cruise, around 3:15 outside of Studio Sea and I am going to attempt to make a group brunch reservation - let me know if you would like to add your name to the list (I'll need your cabin number also). Traditionally Dis folks will wear some type of lime green marking (ribbon, tshirt, face paint etc... just kidding about the face paint) to identify ourselves with one another.

Nine days and counting,
Dawn

schrei
01-29-2004, 07:46 AM
Shanno--Thanks, if they hook up via email that would be great.

We've tendered before, the process is very easy and painless, we did it last time. Yesterday I saw OUR ship harbored at the St. Thomas port cam. NEXT time it is there WE WILL ALL BE ON IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:Pinkbounc
WE ARE SO EXCITED!

Carla

Mikem861
01-29-2004, 08:12 AM
Hi Carla!!

I saw it on the port cam in ST yesterday too!! We can't wait to get there :earsboy: :wave2:

Mike

sbatty
01-29-2004, 01:35 PM
So what does everyone have planned for St. Thomas? I looked at the port schedule and was amazed at the number of ships in port. If the ships are full that is close to 19,000 cruise visitors (Hopefully I did my math wrong). For those that have cruised before, are the crowds noticeable wherever you go or does the island absorb people pretty well?

schrei
01-29-2004, 01:41 PM
We've reserved a Jeep and plan on going to a beach or 2 and possibly Coral World.

Both times before we've gone to St. John. So St Thomas will be new for us.

mrsdon
01-29-2004, 07:01 PM
We booked a shore excursion through shore trips.om
Someone here on the Disboards recommended them highly
We are going to do an intro to scuba, then do 2 dives
I 1st made the ressies for Thurs the 12th, but somehow remembered that we are at sea that day and Wed is St Thomas day. My DH saved the day, He called and got everything changed
I cant wait to go.
Ive been lurking and Im looking forward to meeting everyone

Debbie

disneygal58
01-29-2004, 07:32 PM
I can't wait! I can't wait! I can't wait!
Next week at this time I will be doing our official "cruise" laundry, so that we can pack when I get home from work on Friday.
As far as excursions go, I think that we are winging it. We'll probably explore the towns on our own and grab a cab to the beach.
Have Sweet Disney Dreams,
Dawn

Don't forget to watch the DCL special on the Travel Channel tomorrow evening - 9 pm Eastern time, I believe.

JenGang
01-29-2004, 09:47 PM
I can't wait! I can't wait! I can't wait!
Next week at this time I will be doing our official "cruise" laundry, so that we can pack when I get home from work on Friday.
Have Sweet Disney Dreams,
Dawn

LOL, so does it mean that I'm an over planner if I'm almost done packing? I've been setting out stuff for the last month on a card table in the basement and last night i started getting stuff into the suitcases. I guess maybe I'm just a little excited.

jjb52
01-30-2004, 09:18 AM
Woke up to -22 here in Minnesota today!! It is in the -40 below up north. Schools in my area are closed and I am done with all my work this week except for paperwork that I can do at home today. I think I might pack my bag.

Dawn-I did not get your message but please include my husband, Andy and myself in the brunch ressies under your cabin as you offered. Still no room assigned. I called today to check and told the reservationist about our terribly cold weather and my hope for a room with a view and possibly a balcony.

I hope everyone is staying warm and healthy.

Janene

mmouse37
01-30-2004, 12:30 PM
Just checked at weather.com and the 10 day forecast is showing rain for our departure date!! About a 50% chance. Hopefully that will change for the better. Once before when we cruised in Feb we had rain when we boarded but the rest of the week was beautiful!!!

If it rains, then they do the sailaway party indoors which, to me, is not as much fun...but it is still over a week away so who knows!!!

MJ

kcashner
01-30-2004, 04:40 PM
Ditto...the report I checked said 40% chance of rain at departure. The rest of the week was 80s and clear!

It is single digits here for the high, and we leave in 2 days (maybe.) That is, DD hasn't cleaned her bathroom or packed yet, and I'm going to have to be a meany and not leave if she hasn't done her work. She was told to do this 2 weeks ago! The good is that we have 5 days at WDW scheduled, so she'd be missing a park day.

I'm definitely Disney Dreaming........warm sounds so wonderful.

My favorite store was having their winter clearance today, and I decided that it was too cold to go out. How bad is that! And I can't go tomorrow as that's the day to take the dog to the kennel, get the hair done, etc.

Mikem861
01-30-2004, 06:36 PM
I have seen the reports about rain on departure day too...but I'm not too worried about it yet. Our local weatherman says that any forcast longer than three days is just guessing anyway. It will just be GREAT to get out of this cold weather no matter what!! It is supposed to get to -4 or less out tonight.

Dawn, did you get the PM is sent you about brunch ressies? Just in case, would you please add Mike & Lisa Monaghan, cabin #7068 to your list. Thanks!!

Mike

disneygal58
01-30-2004, 07:32 PM
Janene and Mike,
I have added both of your groups to the ressie. If successful we will have brunch for 16!
The weather is a bit gloomy here today - cloudy and drizzly. It is supposed to clear by Monday and be back up into the 70s - I'll keep you all posted with the local forecast.
Just think next week at this time you will all be in your respective hotels awaiting embarkation on the Magic! It is very odd to be living a half hour away and NOT checking into a hotel prior to the cruise. If you get a chance do check out Ron Jon's in Cocoa Beach - it's a short drive from the Radisson and is a local institution.

8 to go,
Dawn

JenGang
01-31-2004, 12:18 AM
Just curious, do you have us on the list for brunch and tea? I know that I had expressed an interest in the tea but I'm not sure about the brunch. If we're not on the brunch list, will you please add us? Also for the tea, is it looking like it's mostly going to be the ladies of the group or are dh's going too?

JenGang
01-31-2004, 12:22 AM
For whatever reason, our 10yo DD just doesn't handle stress/excitement (whatever you want to call it) very well. So usually before a vacation, b-day, holidays, etc. she just has meltdowns. Well it's started for this vacation. She was very much wearing her "crabby pants" tonight. In this instance, I think it's just the stress of trying to get regular school work and make up work from the week we'll be gone done. I just hope she gets out of her mood soon so I don't have to strangle her before the cruise. LOL I am so not looking forward to her being a teenager because I know the drama will just be worse then!

disneygal58
01-31-2004, 07:17 AM
Jen,
I do have you on the list for both Brunch and High Tea. Yes, it does look as if it is mostly women for Tea (and I will be pleasantly surprized if we are able to secure the Tea Ressie - they are very difficult to come by).
Brace yourself for the heavy hormone years with your daughters - once they (and you) successfully survive them you can look forward to Peri-menopause and your own return to hormonal craziness!

I love checking the boards and finding our post at the top of the list!
For those of you spending time at WDW prior to the cruise, the weather (at the moment) looks fine until some predicted showers on Friday.

Enjoy your final Saturday before we board,
Dawn

kcashner
01-31-2004, 10:17 PM
We leave early in the morning...seee you all in FL....and the weather report looks better. Only 10% chance of rain at departure, sunny and warm in Carribean. Bye all....
Kathryn

sbatty
02-01-2004, 06:01 AM
Kathryn, I don't think I am ready for you to leave yet. As the trip gets closer I keep coming up with more questions. You have been such a wonderful help on the boards with answers to so many posts. I hope you have a great trip and we'll see you on-board. I am keeping my fingers crossed about the weather.

sbatty
02-01-2004, 09:46 AM
I called Disney this morning and this is what they said is going to be showing:
Chicago
Lizzy McGuire
Finding Nemo
Pirates of the Caribbean
Spy Kids 3D
Cold Creek Manor
Under the Tuscan Sun
Freaky Friday
Veronica Guerin
The Haunted Mansion
Miracle
Brother Bear
Calendar Girls
The lady I spoke with didn't mention Teacher's Pet but I would think that would also be playing.

JenGang
02-01-2004, 10:26 AM
Originally posted by sbatty
I called Disney this morning and this is what they said is going to be showing:
Chicago
Lizzy McGuire
Finding Nemo
Pirates of the Caribbean
Spy Kids 3D
Cold Creek Manor
Under the Tuscan Sun
Freaky Friday
Veronica Guerin
The Haunted Mansion
Miracle
Brother Bear
Calendar Girls
The lady I spoke with didn't mention Teacher's Pet but I would think that would also be playing.

I'm so happy that they're showing Miracle! I was really hoping that would be one of our choices. :teeth:

lotsofboys
02-01-2004, 02:56 PM
Susan, Thanks for making the call about the movies, my kids have been bugging me everyday about whether I knew what was going to be shown. I too am glad to hear Miracle will be shown. I hope it is in the Walt Disney Theatre like on our 1st Magic trip when they "Premeared" Lilo & Stitch and it was in there.:wave:

ronandot
02-01-2004, 09:45 PM
Well we too are gearing up for the big trip. We are packing as we speak. I have been following a trip report on the board from just this last week. Apparently the seas were pretty rough as the comment was made that the counters still seemed to be moving in their house after they got home. I sure was hoping that staying away from hurricane season would lead to calmer waters. Oh well, pack the bonine and hang on. What else can you do?

disneygal58
02-02-2004, 02:14 PM
It's so great after having thought 13 more weeks, 12 more weeks etc... that we can now say we are going this week! I am fighting the urge to pack - I must wait until Friday, I must wait until Friday, I must wait until Friday.....
If anyone is staying at the Radisson or other Cocoa Beach hotel Friday night, the pizza place directly next door to the Radisson is a good choice for an inexpensive and fairly tasty meal.
Have a good Monday,
Dawn

berly1657
02-02-2004, 04:49 PM
Disneygal158

We will be arriving in Cocoa Beach Thurs, can you let us know what the forecast is for thurs and Fri!

thanks,
Kim

disneygal58
02-02-2004, 06:08 PM
Kim,
At the moment the weather is supposed to be mid 70s on Thursday and a possibility of showers on Friday - i'll keep you updated!

Dawn

sbatty
02-03-2004, 09:16 AM
I am amazed at the number of people from these boards that will be cruising with us. I look forward to meeting you guys in a few days. I think our website is on hold until we return. I really need to concentrate on packing. The Port of Call infomation has been added. We still can't decide on what we are going to do. Everything looks like so much fun.

Take care and safe travels,
Susan

1. Disneygal58: Dawn; DD - Erin (18)
3. sbatty: Susan, DH - Curt, DD - Bryce (4); DS - Noah (5.9); MIL - Pat; Dad Barry
4. tink&cinderella: Denise, DH; DC (5 1/2); DC (21 months)
5. mrsdon: Debbie, DH
6. Zellda: DH. DW
8. beryl1657: Kim; DH - Steve; DS (8) - Jason; DD Lindsey (5); and friends
9. lotsofboys: Michelle; DH; DS's (10) - twins; DS7; Mom and Dad
11. Jengang: Jen; DH - Joe; DD - Kaela (10); DD - Beth (7)
13. jjb52: Janene, DH Andy
14. Rikersmom: Karen & friends Maryann, John & Dorothy
15. mmouse37: Mary, DH - Michael, BIL Mark, SIL Judy
16. schrei: Calra, DH, DS (13), DD (8)
17. ronandot: DW, DH, DS (9), DD (5)
18. Shanno66: Shanno, DH, DD (5), DS (2.7) + 8 other families
19. Mikem861: Mike, DW - Lisa
20. Andy, DW: Leslie, DD (10), DD(7), DD (4)
21. Trish (36), DH - Jeff (36), DS Jake (5.5), DS - Sean (3), MIL Gayle, FIL Jerry
22. minniemoms: DW, DH

disneygal58
02-03-2004, 10:38 AM
Wow, we have a great group attending.
Today's weather update :
Friday 80 degrees and increasing clouds / Saturday 70 degrees and showers.

Dawn

mmouse37
02-03-2004, 03:34 PM
Wow...we really do have a great group going...so many!!! Hubby has been wanting to see Miracle and I wanted to see Veronica Guerin and Calendar Girls....well, might be seeing some movies late at night!!

MJ