PDA

View Full Version : Article about "declared deaths" on Disney properties

Crazy4mandms
09-13-2003, 09:15 AM
Just thought some might be interested in the Urban Legends webpage article about Disney not allowing deaths to be declared on Disney property. Urban Legends is a website that investigates rumors that float around the web (ending up in our emails!!) and either prove or disprove their validity.

http://www.snopes.com/disney/parks/declare.htm

Dznefreek
09-14-2003, 04:32 PM
they ensure that any declaration of death takes place outside of park property. This is correct. They always covered this in "Traditions".

mrsltg
09-22-2003, 04:41 PM
This is interesting, but the website leaves out one very important detail - no one dies anywhere until they are pronounced. They can be dead as a doornail and until an MD signs off on it (remember, paramedics are not MDs) it's not a done deal. I don't buy the "they do this because they are image concious" line. Every state has different laws regarding birth and death certificates, and Disney has no control over that.

Erin :D

Peter Pirate
09-22-2003, 05:33 PM
I'll officially be dead when I say So!:confused:

ohanafamily
09-23-2003, 10:36 AM
I would think that Disney would go to extreme lengths to do anything possible for a patron in an accident. I am sure that they have deaths on property all of the time; so many people go there, statistics would show that there would be some. I can sympathise with the idea of them not wanting any death pronouncements on property, but I don't think that they can stop them. I think that it is a cross between getting medical care quickly, and quick transport to a medical facility. More to the point, I don't think that they want someone dying on the sidewalk upsetting other guests.

:bounce: