PDA

View Full Version : DVC Discount for Cash Stays

thedeb1002
09-10-2003, 07:57 PM
We read that if you are a DVC member and wish to stay at a DVC resort on a cash basis (not utilizing points) you are given a discount. Does anyone know how much of a discount this is?

WebmasterDoc
09-10-2003, 08:00 PM
The DVC discount, when available, is 25%.

The discount is available when the resort will have rooms not reserved using points. DVC's first responsibility is to provide rooms to members using points. Discounts are not always available- even if cash reservations are available.

kaw1106
09-10-2003, 08:07 PM
I probably should have started a new thread, but I will give this a whirl. I understand the DVC property discount, but do you get a discount at the other disney resorts, like AKL? And would you still make a ressie through member services?

thedeb1002
09-10-2003, 08:20 PM
I don't think you do get a discount at non club resorts, nor do I think you can make this reservation thru member services. You are going to have a great time at the BWV's. We stayed there 2x and it is great - so convenient to EPCOT & MGM. Be sure to check out the Bellevue Room & Jelly Rolls. It's also a nice walk over to the Swan & Dolphin.

BTW - how do you do that cool count down thing? We are 45 days away and are VERY excited!

kaw1106
09-10-2003, 08:38 PM
I asked the same question not too long ago about the countdown thing and someone posted a link. I wish I could be that someone now, but I can't find the thread my question was in....so hopefully another kind someone will help you out, since I can't.:(

DebbieB
09-10-2003, 08:48 PM
You can only get the 25% member discount for DVC Resorts through Member Services. Since the room comes from the points inventory, DVC housekeeping rules apply. If you do a DVC cash reservation combined with a points reservation, they treat it as all 1 DVC reservation. I used it in May, we got Fri & Sat for the 25% discount, then points Sun-Thurs nights. We got ID cards & parking pass for the entire stay when we checked in on Friday. We had trash & towel on Monday.

WebmasterDoc
09-10-2003, 09:02 PM
No DVC discounts are available for non-DVC resorts.

Countdown timer help is available on our <a href="http://disboards.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=381216">Technical Support Board.</a>

Enjoy!

OneMoreTry
09-10-2003, 11:45 PM
The DVC discounts for cash nights may appear at any time, so if they are not available keep checking back. (I'm not sure if there is a standard window for when they are applied to remaining inventory.) I would suspect the discounts are harder to get when the resorts are booked with points.

If we're doing cash nights I always pay for them up front and then keep checking back for when the discount is available. They always "link" the reservations so we don't have to change rooms.