PDA

View Full Version : Recent "Room Ready" stories


Eeyore2U
09-10-2003, 06:26 PM
IYHO is it working? Are you getting what you want for requests? Is it more difficult to check in to get what you requested?

ZerasPride
09-11-2003, 11:06 AM
I stayed at OKW in a studio last month and our room was ready when we checked in about 1:30 in the afternoon. I asked for non-smoking, first floor and near HH. I was pleased to receive it all. We were in building 18 which seemed a bit far from HH at first so I was a little disappointed initially because we didn't have a car but it was 1:30 and my room was ready, it wasn't handicapped and it was non-smoking so I realized how fortunate I was! It was only about a 5 minute walk to HH and we walked it several times. We were also one of the last bus stops out so we didn't have to ride through the resort on our way to the parks.

I was very pleased with the room ready upon check-in procedure.

dianeschlicht
09-11-2003, 11:25 AM
When we checked in at 3:00 to OKW last month, they had a room ready for us, but I asked if it was possible to get a first floor or elevator room, because I needed a ECV for this trip. After a few calls around, they gave us a 3rd floor in building 64, which has an elevator. It was "ready" by 4:00, but housekeeping was finishing up.

Janis
09-11-2003, 02:26 PM
We stayed in a GV last month. Our room was not ready until 4:00, however we got all of our requests, which made us very happy!


Janis

yesdisneyfool
09-11-2003, 02:36 PM
Never encounted a room ready as we usually check in around 7 - 8 am. But IMHO, any room ready before 4pm is magic.:D

Cherry
09-11-2003, 02:46 PM
We checked in on a Sunday morning (August 10) at OKW at 8 o'clock in the morning. They had a Grand Villa ready. Our only request had been to be near the Hospital House and this was in Building 63. We were very happy -- never thought we'd be able to get in that early.

Lexxiefern
09-11-2003, 04:31 PM
We checked in to BCV this past sunday - Sept 7th at about 4pm. We were given room 428. I said just to check that isn't a HC room right? (we have a 2 year old who needs a tub) she checked and sure enough it was. We were then told that the only other studio was 175 on the first floor. As we were walking away, DH was not happy - he really wanted a balcony. So we went back and got a different CM who gave us 3 rooms to choose from (funny how all of a sudden there were more studios :confused: ) We were given the choice of 428 again HC pool view, 421 courtyard view and I don't remember the other number, but it was 4th floor and partial Epcot view. We probably would have chosen this last one, but it was a smoking room, so we took 421.

Just got back today!

GAIL HAYDEN
09-11-2003, 04:55 PM
Room was ready at 3 pm and I got exactly what I requested, in fact, they told me they had blocked out the room a few days before our arrival.

wendydarling826
09-11-2003, 06:42 PM
We checked in at BWV at noon on 8/17. We requested a studio with a 2nd studio as close as possible for our DD who was arriving 3 days later. Our room was ready and her room was also ready when she arrived - the room directly above ours, which made it very easy for her to run down the stairs to our room. It was a very long walk to our room, but we loved that the quiet pool was directly outside our room and that it was a short walk to the bus stop even though the walk to the lobby was long.

djnrook
09-11-2003, 07:04 PM
We checked into a Hilton Head GV in MidAugust. Got there at 7am, thinking we'd get our keys for beach house access. The GV was ready, so we checked right in!

Our only request was that it be close to two 1brs we ALSO had booked for the week. One of them was ready then, too. The other one was not ready until 2pm.

While they were only 2 buildings apart, they were not as close as we would have liked. Of course, with only 5 GVs and few 1brs there, it is hard to complain, so we didn't.

AZKathy
09-11-2003, 07:09 PM
On June 8, we arrived very early (we were transferring from a week off site), so we could store our belongings and hit the parks. We arrived at 7 am and we got our grand villa that morning right after check in. We were very happy since we had lots of luggage with our party of 12. The only request we had was a non smoking villa. It was great!

DebbieB
09-11-2003, 09:39 PM
Originally posted by GAIL HAYDEN
Room was ready at 3 pm and I got exactly what I requested, in fact, they told me they had blocked out the room a few days before our arrival.

It sounds like they are still doing some blocking, not totally "room ready". It would make sense to block the smoking rooms since they don't have that many anymore.

GAIL HAYDEN
09-11-2003, 10:37 PM
Originally posted by DebbieB
It sounds like they are still doing some blocking, not totally "room ready". It would make sense to block the smoking rooms since they don't have that many anymore.

It was also very very empty at OKW, so, that might have had something to do with it also. Occupany rate was at 43% according to front desk. Who said I had a smoking room? I might have gotten rowdy and gone non smoking. ;)

llp479
09-12-2003, 09:43 AM
We checked in at 8AM Aug 17 at OKW. We were told "the room we had been assigned as we requested near Turtle Pond" was not ready. He did check and said there was another 2bdrm in South Point that was ready and we could have that one if we wanted. So we took the room that was ready.

Debby7
09-12-2003, 05:13 PM
Could it be that "room ready" means if the room blocked out for you is not ready when you check in, they will let you choose from other,not blocked rooms if you do not want to wait?. I have often been given the choice of waiting for my blocked room to be ready or taking a room that is ready but doesn't meet my requests.

DeeP
09-13-2003, 08:58 AM
I will post my experiences with checking into BCV for the first time when I come back in 2 weeks. The only thing I requested was a non Epcot view, so we will see. I will be checking in very early most likely before 9:00 AM.

skorpie
09-13-2003, 04:21 PM
We checked in at 12 noon on July 7th and when we arrived at the WLV we were told that our room was ready! We were given a dedicated 2BR BUT I had requested a 2br lock off because we were travelling with another family and each of us wanted to have our"own space". After returning to the front desk and asking to them to honor the request I had made at 11 months out, we did get the 2BR lock off but then had to wait until 4:30 to get it. I really enjoyed the room they gave us but but was disappointed that the initial request was not honored.

GAIL HAYDEN
09-13-2003, 04:57 PM
Originally posted by skorpie
We checked in at 12 noon on July 7th and when we arrived at the WLV we were told that our room was ready! We were given a dedicated 2BR BUT I had requested a 2br lock off because we were travelling with another family and each of us wanted to have our"own space". After returning to the front desk and asking to them to honor the request I had made at 11 months out, we did get the 2BR lock off but then had to wait until 4:30 to get it. I really enjoyed the room they gave us but but was disappointed that the initial request was not honored.

Requests are not guarantees.

DeeP
09-13-2003, 05:21 PM
Originally posted by skorpie
We checked in at 12 noon on July 7th and when we arrived at the WLV we were told that our room was ready! We were given a dedicated 2BR BUT I had requested a 2br lock off because we were travelling with another family and each of us wanted to have our"own space". After returning to the front desk and asking to them to honor the request I had made at 11 months out, we did get the 2BR lock off but then had to wait until 4:30 to get it. I really enjoyed the room they gave us but but was disappointed that the initial request was not honored.
Maybe you did not hear of the recent change but all the DVC resorts have gone to a first come first serve policy, with the exception of boardwalk view villas at BWV. With the new policy you can either take the first room offered or wait until another room becomes available that more meets your requests. This is what you did when you chose to wait for a room that was more to your liking. Also as Gail pointed out, no requests are ever gauranteed, but from my experiences at WDW resorts, the CMs at all the WDW resorts generally will take requests greatly into consideration when assigning a room, but you might have to wait for your room.

GAIL HAYDEN
09-13-2003, 06:11 PM
Originally posted by DeeP
Maybe you did not hear of the recent change but all the DVC resorts have gone to a first come first serve policy, with the exception of boardwalk view villas at BWV. With the new policy you can either take the first room offered or wait until another room becomes available that more meets your requests. This is what you did when you chose to wait for a room that was more to your liking. Also as Gail pointed out, no requests are ever gauranteed, but from my experiences at WDW resorts, the CMs at all the WDW resorts generally will take requests greatly into consideration when assigning a room, but you might have to wait for your room.

Yep, and AFTER 4 pm is the check in time stated.

PamOKW
09-13-2003, 10:41 PM
We were given a dedicated 2BR BUT I had requested a 2br lock off

The last time I booked a 2 bedroom at OKW this was not a request. At the time of the reservation I was told which I was getting (all the lock-offs were booked). Anyone else have clarification on this? Is a 2-bedroom booked as dedicated or non-dedicated or is that handled as a request at the other resorts (that have the set-up)?

DebbieB
09-13-2003, 11:30 PM
They actually book dedicated or lockoff. I booked a 1 bedroom at BWV and requested dedicated and the cm responded that we already had it reserved as dedicated, we didn't need to put it as a request. They have to do it this way, otherwise they would not know how many 2 bedroom lockoffs they had available to split up as separate reservations (1 bedroom & studio).

Habs_Fanswife
09-14-2003, 12:29 AM
i have a question....requesting views and balconys and such, is this done when you book or when you go to check in ???

also if you know that you will be arriving early ,does letting them know this, make a difference to getting a room ready when you get there?

castleri
09-14-2003, 06:47 AM
I was told when I made my Oct ressies at BCV that the only 2 BR left was with sofa and bed in second bedroom so think the 2 queen beds is also in the BWV BV category. My confirmation says dedicated 2BR and since we didn't want the 2 queens I felt really lucky. We'll see what happens when we get there.

GAIL HAYDEN
09-14-2003, 08:50 AM
Originally posted by PamOKW
The last time I booked a 2 bedroom at OKW this was not a request. At the time of the reservation I was told which I was getting (all the lock-offs were booked). Anyone else have clarification on this? Is a 2-bedroom booked as dedicated or non-dedicated or is that handled as a request at the other resorts (that have the set-up)?

Pam, last Sept. we requested a 2 bedroom lock off and had no problems having that request fulfilled.

Terry S
09-14-2003, 09:46 AM
I know at BCV that there are 3 - two bedroom categories, 2 Bedroom Lock-off, 2 Bedroom Dedicated with queen and sofa, and 2 bedroom dedicated with 2 queens. All three of these categories are gauranteed when you make the reservation. They are not requests.