View Full Version : I just goofed up big time!

Sue's Mum
09-10-2003, 03:29 PM
2 Flights booked, UK to MCO, 6 December 2003 and 2 for 7 December. Just checking our BWV reservations as one room needed a tweek. Horror - 2 BWV studios booked for 29 November leaving 6 December. :crazy: Phone call to MS confirms absolutely no available accommodation to match the flights.

The only thing we can do is to put ourselves on the wait list.

And to think I booked eleven months out and called daily.

What a mess. Flights are non-changeable, non-refundable, so that's a none starter.

How could I be so stupid. :mad: :mad: :mad:

09-10-2003, 03:45 PM
Hopefully your waitlist will come through. I just yesterday had to change my Oct ressie and had to get on the waitlist for Oct 5 and it came through this am. Not even 24 hours on the waitlist. So I think you have a pretty good chance of getting your room.

09-10-2003, 03:55 PM
you cant cancel your airfare and pay $$ for the cancelation and then you would have a credit with the airline, then you book your new flights?

did you check out the trade/rent board maybe you can post to trade your dates for someone that might have your flight dates

or trade them your points for a ressies that are the same as your flight dates.

or rent your ressies and pay cash for your flight dates.

but i would still stay on the waitlist until something is confirm.

sending pixie dust your way, watch out here it comes!:wave: :sunny:

09-10-2003, 04:00 PM
Do the wait list and hang in there, we needed a week in oct with 2 BR they had nothing so we wait listed for all home away from homes, for 3 months after a month we got 3 different properties over the week today we got another call and now have all but one day at one property and I am still hopefull for the last day.

Get on the wait list and call every few days just to check

Sue's Mum
09-10-2003, 04:21 PM
I'm actually speaking on the telephone to MS as I am DISing. Cancelled our ressies for end Nov. So someone will be in for a nice surprise. Hope they're DISers. :p

Now we are waitlisted for 7, 8 and 11 December for one room and 7, 8, 11, 12, and 14 December for the second room. Phe-e-e-e-w.

09-10-2003, 04:56 PM
Considering the timing, you might want to call MS and waitlist at all of the on property resorts. It increases you chances of having something, even if it is not your first choice. You could always grab another resort and keep on a wait list for BWV. Also if you can be flexible on room size, possibly incurring a few extra points and taking a 1 bdrm and studio rather than a 2 bdrm for example.

Good luck.

09-10-2003, 08:35 PM
I was going to suggest the same thing as Jim. I'd expand the wait list to include all DVC resorts. Also, do the rooms need to be at the same resort or could you be in two different ones? You are trying for a time of year that has become very popular with DVC'ers. Chances are something may open up but it would be good to have as many options available as possible.

09-10-2003, 08:47 PM
Just a little bit of info to help you out.

If you booked your airfare today you have 24 hours to cancel without any penalty. This is true no matter what airline it is. Alot of people do not know this, but it is true. IT has to be within 24 hours of your reservation. Hopefully you justed booked. Good luck!! SORRY I just noticed you already canceled your ressie.

09-11-2003, 07:00 AM
Pam & Jim are correct, we were originally wait listed at all properties, when we got a couple of days confirmed (unfortunaly for different properties) we added another waitlist for the entire length of stay at the property we wanted most, plus the others for all resorts for the days we did not have.

FYI we had changed our home phone in the past and our membership had the old phone, when we put in the wait list we put in the new phone (it only went to the wait list not the membership) some how in the middle of all of this Member Services called the old number and we missed out on a couple of reservations, but it all worked out in the end

Lisa F
09-11-2003, 07:12 AM
Originally posted by Sue's Mum
How could I be so stupid.

Don't be too hard on yourself. Last year my husband and I booked our plane tickets online. It was going to be a long trip, a week at dvc then a 7 day cruise then another couple of days at DVC. The return date was Jan 13. SOMEHOW in booking my flights, I dropped the "1" and booked the return for Jan 3. Hello, that was the day BEFORE we were supposed to leave for the cruise. I argued with the airlines to no avail. I offered to fax them a copy of our cruise itinerary dated BEFORE I made the airline reservation to prove that it had been a typo. They didn't care because of course, it was my own stupid fault (and I knew it!). Finally when I ended up checking the cost of the flights, changing the date lowered the price so much that we only had to pay $20/ticket to make the change (better than the $100 they were quoting!) I feel your pain! But it worked out for us and it SOMEHOW work out for you. I hope your waitlist comes through!


09-11-2003, 07:51 AM
We were able to change our non-changeable, non-refundable tickets for a fee. I believe it was about $100 a ticket.