PDA

View Full Version : SSR or BCV oh the decisions...


CK1
09-10-2003, 02:49 PM
We're making plans now for our next trip -- 1 day BCV, then 8 nights @ BWV. THe 1 nt at BCV is on cash (our guests are doing this as a thanks for the 8 night stay, and so we can all try a bit of SAB before moving on to BWV!)

Here's the dilemma... DH and I were then going to get a 1 br at BCV for 3 addtional nights at the end of the BWV stay -- just for our fam (no guests). We thought we'd enjoy a longer stay at BCV than just a one night taste, and it wouldn't be a huge move from BWV to BCV. So.... Should we go back to BCV, or should we drive over to SSR instead (making it a 3 resort vacation!) for the 3 nights? Ressie is for next summer, so SSR will be open. We are normally diabolically opposed to split-resort vacations, but this was a compromise. We wanted to try BCV, but the std view pts at BWV were too attractive (we will have a 2br with our guests -- this saves us quite a few pts!) Plus, we own at BWV and had never stayed there -- thought we should give it a chance, but were torn over trying BCV as well! I doubt we can get the one night (a Sat night) at BWV in a std view, so we will have to change rooms anyway on that first night. I sppose we could just stay put in our BWV 2 br and scale back to a 1 br... that would be less hassle, but at the expense of a longer stay at BCV! Or SSR... or WHATEVER!!! Too darn many choices!!!

Refresh my memory, too -- does SSR allow parking near your door, like OKW? It sure would be great to have our car nearby for the last 3 days.

I will add this, too -- for our last 3 days, we will probably spend 1 day at Epcot and/or MGM, one day at DTD, and one day loafing around pool / resort area. We have kids (8,7, and under 3), and they love pools. We will have already hit the water parks twice that week by the time we "relocate", if that makes any difference.

Well....whaddya think?

floridafam
09-10-2003, 03:15 PM
Are you members at SSR?

The only concern I would have was still being able to get a room after all of the SSR owners have made reservations on Dec. 1.

I don't know how many buildings will be open when you are going.

Just something to think about.

CK1
09-10-2003, 03:25 PM
All of our pts are at BWV.

We were planning to make our pts ressies at BWV. I am reserving 8 nights in a 2br std, then 3 nights in a preferred-view 1 br (BW view). If possible, we would then switch the 3 nts in the 1 br at the 7 mos window to BCV. If we can't switch, at least we have that BW view 1 br locked in! :)

Do you really think all the SSR will be filled next summer? I can remember that when VWL opened, we already had ressies at OKW, but when we visited OKW, the desk told us they were not full at all. VWL had only been open for a month or 2 at the time.

I guess wrost case scenario is that member services helps us make up our mind and we end up in a 1 br with a BW view, right? And how bad can THAT be? ;) But I do love the idea of a few extra days at BCV or testing out new SSR... hey, maybe if dh likes ssr he'll consider an add-on? Ya never know!

Loubon
09-10-2003, 03:25 PM
At the very least you should put the 1 day cash stay at the backend of the BWV trip. This way it would be: 8 days BWV pts 2BR, 1 day BCV cash 2BR, 3 days BCV pts 1BR.

1 change between resorts and then 1 change within the resort (and with a lockoff you may not even need to change just have them close off the studio).

SSR may be hard as there will only be 4 buildings open initially (I think).

Besides, it's worth it just for Beaches N Cream!

CK1
09-10-2003, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by Loubon
At the very least you should put the 1 day cash stay at the backend of the BWV trip. This way it would be: 8 days BWV pts 2BR, 1 day BCV cash 2BR, 3 days BCV pts 1BR.

1 change between resorts and then 1 change within the resort (and with a lockoff you may not even need to change just have them close off the studio).

SSR may be hard as there will only be 4 buildings open initially (I think).

Besides, it's worth it just for Beaches N Cream!

Yes it would be nice if we could condense and be logical... but logic has nothing to do with our plans, unfortunately! :) We are all arriving on a Sat -- and not that early -- so we elected to buy one night on cash. Decided to stay within WDW so that they would move our bags for us. Decided to go with BCV so guests could try it out. If we put BCV AFTER BWV, then we would have to check into BWV later on Sat. We would then get all our groceries... and have to move them twice. If we put the 1 nt stay at the front, we won't buy groceries until we get to BWV. We'll just hit Cape May (and infamous B&C!) And so then there's the 3 days... thought about putting them at the front, but it's a higher pt season, and my all-star baseball son won't be done with his summer games. So no dice -- has to go AFTER the BWV stay. Hence, the tangled web. I asked dh if he would just prefer to grow where he's planted and stay in the 1 br portion of the std view villa for 3 or 4 more days -- no go. He wants a change, dadgummit! (Highly out of character for him... he's fixated on BCV, I guess). I asked him about SSR... he's very iffy about it. Probably becuase he's never seen it.. he has seen the pics and he thinks it's too much like Grandma's house to be "fun". I'll betcha when he sees it (we will at least visit it this summer, if nothing else) he'll like it, and ask me why we didn't try it.

I'm patient -- I can wait. There's always next trip. We have 39 more years of 'em!

JimC
09-10-2003, 06:14 PM
There is a very devilish side of me that says put him in a studio at BCV and you stay put at BWV. But then there is the rational side of me that says -- given the constraints, make the move back across the lake to BCV and really enjoy SAB. It could always be worse -- no three extra days at WDW at all.

Have fun :)

Loubon
09-10-2003, 06:31 PM
Originally posted by CK1
I asked dh if he would just prefer to grow where he's planted ......

Now that's one I never heard growing up in NY!

As for your problem, it is YOUR problem. I gave it a shot!

:p