PDA

View Full Version : Easter at HH

Macnjac87
09-10-2003, 07:27 AM
Hi all-
Well after a wonderful first trip to HH in July, we decided to scrap our Easter WDW plans and go to HH instead!!! We really fell in love with the place totally. So I am in the middle of booking my week at HH in a 2BR- and I got my Saturday night in the 2BR for cash instead of points with the member discount for $308.00!!

Anyhoo- I was looking for a thread on Easter at HH and can't seem to find one although I'm sure I read one before. Can anyone tell me what its like at HH in mid April? i.e. resort activities, weather, water temps in pools and beach?

We decided to fly from NY instead of driving- we ran into some major car trouble on the way down and back and we are gun-shy now but I found airfare from Newark to Savannah non-stop for $232 per person so that's the way we will go.

Any other Dis'ers planning on HH for Easter??

wdwstar
09-10-2003, 07:39 AM
did you check out the thread questions regarding HH... below, the post ask about going to hh in the spring.

i have been keeping an eye open for the same question, but we won't be there until easter 2005.

so, you didn't have a problem booking now for easter 2004?

that is what i am worring about, we own at bcv and i will only be able to book 7 months out from easter 2005 and i thought i would have a hard time booking 2 studios.:)

Disneyaholic
09-10-2003, 08:20 AM
Originally posted by wdwstar
that is what i am worring about, we own at bcv and i will only be able to book 7 months out from easter 2005 and i thought i would have a hard time booking 2 studios.:)

You might have a harder time booking two studios for Easter 2005 than booking a 2BR. If you can scrape up the extra points, having this as a backup plan would be a good idea.

Have you ever been to HH before? A 2BR instead of two studios is well worth the extra points, IMHO. When we go, we tend to use the kitchen more and, in general, spend more time in the room, than we do at WDW. The 2BR makes it so much easier. ;)

Good luck!

Ladygator
09-10-2003, 09:06 AM
My family went last Easter and we are planning to go during our kid's spring break again this year, the week after Easter. Actually, I guess we will be arriving on Easter day assuming we get our reservations. We are also staying in a 2 bedroom.
The weather last year was wonderful. I believe it rained a lot the week before we arrived but the week we were there was beautiful. The water was warm enough to swim in the pools and the ocean (if I remember correctly). Our kids are young so they didn't go too far into the ocean water. There were lots of activities especially for kids. Be sure and sign up for them early when you arrive. Especially, if you are doing the kids dinner activity (parent's night out). Have a great time.

wdwstar
09-10-2003, 09:54 AM
we might be traveling with dh uncle & aunt, i thought by getting 2 studios that it would give everyone more privacy. but on the other hand his aunt is a great chef, and i wouldnt mind being spoiled and saving money on food, i will keep that in mind about the 2 bdr. thanks.;)

marley
09-10-2003, 12:38 PM
We went last year for the first time at Easter and will now make this a family tradition. It was such a wonderful time. I kept all of my calendars from the week leading up to Easter so here are some highlights:

Monday - Longview cooking club, Kids night out, craft was bird feeder and spring bonnets

Tuesday - lots of teen activities and Low Country shrimp boil

Wednesday - Member day, crafts were spring bouqet and butterflies, treasure hunt and campfire

Thursday - Magic and Kid's night out

Friday - Longview cooking club cheese and wine tasting, campfire

Saturday - Kid's club in morning and magic at night

Sunday - 10 a.m. Easter hunt (they divide kid's by ages; no rush to get the eggs; you turn them back in and everyone got a wonderful goodie bag) face painting and balloon animals directly afterward.

Afternoon was Easter relay games at the beach; My DD6 looked so cute on the beach with her painted bunny face doing the potatoe sack races and tug of war.

You can have an Easter dinner delivered to your room

Nightime: Campfire The craft that day was Easter Bonnets. They also died eggs but you only got 4 and it was pretty expensive IMO so I would bring my own and do them out on your back porch picnic table.

The weather was warm enough for us to swim during the day (you were much warmer if you staid in the pool). A little chilly in the ocean but for a northerner, you will have no problem. It will probably feel great. 14 years in NC now from MD has thinned my blood!!!!!! The kids all just hopped in though.

Traffic was a lot since there was a huge televised golf tournament in Harbour Town and Hootie and the Blowfish was playing in the park next door. It was neat, you could hear them from the resort.

The grocery store was PACKED so I would suggest going at off hours. There were a lot of people in town for Easter.

If you have any other questions, I'll be happy to answer. You'll have a great time :)

Marley