PDA

View Full Version : Why OKW really IS an Epcot resort!

dianeschlicht
09-09-2003, 03:40 PM
Check this out over all WDW property view (www.disneypix.com/Multimedia/WholeProperty.jpg)

Looks like OKW is equidistant between DTD and Epcot. :D

Maistre Gracey
09-09-2003, 03:52 PM
I am not a computer expert, but that link and my computer did not like each other... :cool:

dianeschlicht
09-09-2003, 03:59 PM
It's a very big file. I think about 3MB, so if you are on dial-up it will take forever!

Of course, I am not an expert either, so maybe I did it wrong!:eek:

dianeschlicht
09-09-2003, 04:15 PM
You will notice this photo was taken before BCV was even thought about!

spiceycat
09-09-2003, 04:56 PM
who is arguing?

When Spicey is in the kennel at Epcot - it is must easier (in a car) to get there from OKW than either BCV or BWV.

I can walk there from BCV or BWV - but this takes alot out of me and I go visit him alot - 3 to 6 times daily. So driving is the only way to do this and not get so tired out that I don't enjoy anything.

i love the location of OKW - the kennels at both FW and Epcot are very close.

of course DVC definition of an Epcot resort - is one that can walk to it. OKW guests can not walk to any theme park but can walk to DD.

I would place CBR as a Studios resort not an Epcot resort - but who can understand the ways of WDW....

TiggerFreak
09-09-2003, 05:42 PM
Originally posted by dianeschlicht
You will notice this photo was taken before BCV was even thought about!

If you look real close, the ground where BCV is now located has been cleared!

lsutigger2
09-09-2003, 06:54 PM
Thanks for the link :D

I love looking at those photos. They are so amazing. DH and I just tried to identify all the golf courses and tried to find the Mickey Mouse Sand trap at the Magnolia.

Thanks again. Gives one a whole new perspective.

DrTomorrow
09-09-2003, 07:34 PM
Thanks for that remarkable picture! I could even see the Saratoga Springs Resort (shhh, I know it's the Disney Institute, but I'm trying to trick myself....) ;)

Seriously, SSR is close and convenient to DTD - looks like I could swim to the Adventurer's Club - now that'd be worth a Kungaloosh!

timC
09-09-2003, 07:41 PM
Maybe OKW owners could pool some dues together and build a bridge/walkway across Epcot Center drive. ;)

Hey, and you can clearly make out those hallways at BWV ;) and those huge OKW rooms. :rolleyes:

Thanks for the link. I love looking at these photo's. See how much room there is for expansion? Even a huge park like Epcot only uses a tiny portion of the vast property.

TDC Nala
09-09-2003, 11:16 PM
Seriously, SSR is close and convenient to DTD - looks like I could swim to the Adventurer's Club - now that'd be worth a Kungaloosh!

But then, could you swim back?

DrTomorrow
09-09-2003, 11:23 PM
Originally posted by TDC Nala
But then, could you swim back?

By gum, you're right - I hadn't thought of that! I guess that I'd just have to curl up in the Mask Room and have the Maid wake me in the morning! ;) :o

Unless, of course, if the Colonel snores. :(

Desperado
09-10-2003, 04:41 AM
Great picture. I shows how much room there still is for resorts on the lake that contemporary, and wilderness resorts are on, the one with Discovery Island.

dianeschlicht
09-10-2003, 06:21 AM
I thought about the Discovery Island thing too. Looks like a GREAT DVC site to me! Of course, from there you couldn't walk to anywhere!:p

dianeschlicht
09-10-2003, 07:02 AM
Originally posted by spiceycat
who is arguing?

When Spicey is in the kennel at Epcot - it is must easier (in a car) to get there from OKW than either BCV or BWV.

I can walk there from BCV or BWV - but this takes alot out of me and I go visit him alot - 3 to 6 times daily. So driving is the only way to do this and not get so tired out that I don't enjoy anything.

i love the location of OKW - the kennels at both FW and Epcot are very close.

of course DVC definition of an Epcot resort - is one that can walk to it. OKW guests can not walk to any theme park but can walk to DD.

I would place CBR as a Studios resort not an Epcot resort - but who can understand the ways of WDW....
When we first purchased, I thougth OKW WAS an Epcot resort. I always noticed how close it was to the Epcot lot. Trouble is, that road is definately in the way!

phorsenuf
09-10-2003, 07:27 AM
Cool picture...now I just need to find my way around! LOL
When we were there in July a very nice CM hod told us that out of the entire amount of land Disney has there they are only utilizing 30%. Seems like alot of expansion could be in the future! LOL

dianeschlicht
09-10-2003, 09:01 AM
When we flew out for home on August 27, we got a view of exactly this whole picture from the plane. I was amazed at how easy it was to pick out things like certain resorts and parks. I never did see MK or OKW from the air though I could easily pick out All Stars, and Animal kingdom and Blizzard Beach.

timC
09-10-2003, 09:12 AM
The photo makes great wallpaper for your computer!

DeeP
09-10-2003, 09:44 AM
Why OKW really IS an Epcot resort!
Sure it is. :rolleyes:
I kept telling myself this too the last time I stayed at OKW and kept trying to find the International Gateway path to enter Epcot but for some reason the only pathway I could find kept taking me either to a golf course or DTD!!!!!! :confused:

Lisa F
09-10-2003, 11:03 AM
It's an Epcot resort the same way Long Island is part of manhattan. If you want to get in your car and drive or get on a bus (or train in their case) it's not too far... but it's not the same as stepping out your door and being there. :jester:

Wow, what a great photo. Thanks for posting it!

LIFERBABE
09-10-2003, 01:09 PM
The only area I was able to make out was the MK Resort area, as we spent several hours on Watermouse boats!

Does anyone know how to add the names of the areas to the map? Like a passover link?

Thanks for posting. It's hard to explain to people how big WDW is, but a picture is worth a thousand words!!

I was amazed when we asked for directions from one onsite resort to the other and the unit used was MILES!!

sgtpet
09-10-2003, 02:09 PM
Well OKW really is not an EPCOT resort. I think DTD is more appropriate.

perdidobay
09-10-2003, 02:24 PM
Excuse this dumb question, but I've never been to any WDW water parks...is that Typhoon Lagoon just south of OKW?

PamOKW
09-10-2003, 02:35 PM
...is that Typhoon Lagoon just south of OKW?

It sure is! Very good call. :)

Zurg
09-10-2003, 02:41 PM
That is very cool.

DrTomorrow
09-10-2003, 04:58 PM
Here's a Property Map (http://www.wdwinfo.com/resortmaps/propertymap.JPG) that should help folks figure out what's where. My, look how close SSR is to DTD.... :sunny:

Desperado
09-10-2003, 06:59 PM
and WDW is just another amusement park.

ilovebwv
09-10-2003, 09:58 PM
You have to be joking.

Desperado
09-10-2003, 10:23 PM
Perhaps they could install the old skyway ride from OKW to Epcot so you could ride the cable cars directly over the highway and into the park, just like a ski lift.

Its a great picture, thanks.

spiceycat
09-11-2003, 09:54 AM
from the front entrance of OKW to the parking lot at Epcot 1 1/2miles driving - from the front entrance of BC (I forgot to do the miles when I was at BWV) it is 4 miles (?) to the parking lot at Epcot.

okay most people won't drive when they are the BCV or BWV - but hey that walk is a long way when you have an animal in the kennel and you need to visit 3 to 5 times per day.

I tried the kennel at the Studios - no where to walk him that was quiet.

dianeschlicht
09-11-2003, 10:03 AM
Originally posted by ilovebwv
You have to be joking.
:jester:

dianeschlicht
09-11-2003, 10:07 AM
Originally posted by DeeP
Sure it is. :rolleyes:
I kept telling myself this too the last time I stayed at OKW and kept trying to find the International Gateway path to enter Epcot but for some reason the only pathway I could find kept taking me either to a golf course or DTD!!!!!! :confused:
Thanks for checking in DeeP!!!
This tongue in cheek thread was posted just for you.:jester:

dianeschlicht
09-11-2003, 11:29 AM
For the person who had trouble finding anything other than MK...
If you scroll down just under 2/3 of the way and over about 2/3 of the way, you will see both Epcot and OKW.

I too was amazed at how much open space there was. This photo is obviously a couple years old, because not only is BCV not on it, but you can see a circular cleared area in FW where Horizons was torn down, and Mission Space is now.

DeeP
09-11-2003, 12:59 PM
Thanks for checking in DeeP!!!
This tongue in cheek thread was posted just for you.:jester:
Call me a doubting Thomas, but I do not believe this. If I was a betting person, I would wager that this thread was not a tongue in cheek thread at all when it was posted. I think it did not get the response you thought it would and now it's intent is being changed to a supposedly tongue in cheek post, but please don't get me involved in it!

dianeschlicht
09-11-2003, 05:59 PM
Originally posted by DeeP
Call me a doubting Thomas, but I do not believe this. If I was a betting person, I would wager that this thread was not a tongue in cheek thread at all when it was posted. I think it did not get the response you thought it would and now it's intent is being changed to a supposedly tongue in cheek post, but please don't get me involved in it!
Believe what you want to, but it is the truth!!!! Life is too short to get bent out of shape by trivial matters. I really did post this tongue in cheek to get a "serious" response from you. Even though my health has been bad all summer, I do like to have SOME fun!:jester: You will note the big grinning guy at the start of the thread. That should have been the first clue that it was in jest. Have a good day, Dee, and smile a little.:)

mittelst
09-11-2003, 06:09 PM
Check out the very cool hidden Mickey just below what looks like the TTC. That triangle-oval is the speedway, right. Is that a Mickey-shaped pond in the center of it?

dianeschlicht
09-11-2003, 06:53 PM
Originally posted by mittelst
Check out the very cool hidden Mickey just below what looks like the TTC. That triangle-oval is the speedway, right. Is that a Mickey-shaped pond in the center of it?
Yeah, I noticed that too! Is the speedway still there? I don't think they do races any more, but I think they still do the Richard Petty experience. We got a DVC discount on that a couple years ago, and DH loved it! He didn't mention the Mickey, so it must not be as obvious from the track itself.

dianeschlicht
09-12-2003, 09:18 AM
Anyone know what the little cluster of buildings is near the upper left hand corner of the pic? You can also see just how much area is there to develop for SSR too. I noticed when we were there in August that the tree houses are still standing. Not sure they are using them though. I wonder if this will be added to SSR too.

Richyams
09-12-2003, 12:10 PM
Actually, OKW WAS first classified as an "Epcot Area Resort". You drove into WDW and followed the signs to the "Epcot Area Resorts", the big signs that listed the resorts had OKW on the "Epcot Area Resorts" class.

Sorry Deep.

dianeschlicht
09-12-2003, 05:19 PM
Here I thought I was being silly with this post, and now Richyams has confirmed that it really WAS listed as an Epcot resort at first!:eek:

DrTomorrow
09-12-2003, 05:28 PM
Anyone know what the little cluster of buildings is near the upper left hand corner of the pic?
If you mean that compound that's on the road that runs west from the MK, that's the new Walt Disney World Detention Facility. Scheduled to open in Spring of 2004, it is where Disney Security will house all illegal pool-hoppers, out-of-area smokers, parade route spot-stealers, line-cutters, stroller-stealers and restroom-defilers. Phase II, scheduled to begin construction next fall, will be designed to handle large groups, such as loud cheerleader camps, unruly Pop Warner Football teams, and, of course, BTGs.

:jester:

DeeP
09-12-2003, 06:23 PM
Originally posted by Richyams
Actually, OKW WAS first classified as an "Epcot Area Resort". You drove into WDW and followed the signs to the "Epcot Area Resorts", the big signs that listed the resorts had OKW on the "Epcot Area Resorts" class.

Sorry Deep.
Not that it really matters, because it is pretty common knowlege which resorts are really Epcot resorts, MK resorts etc., but I don't ever remember this. Of course I don't have pictures or a vivid recollection of the road signs that I passed 1,000s of times and that have changed almost as many times, but all the WDW literature that I have dating back to 1994 has the Disney Vacation Club resort listed as a Disney Village/Marketplace resort and then later the names are changed to the OKW resort listed as a Downtown Disney resort.

PamOKW
09-12-2003, 09:56 PM
My recollection is the same as Richy's. OKW was always classified as an Epcot-area resort on signage, etc. I never knew it had been changed until this thread came up. Next time I'm poking through old items I'll see what comes up. It's really not worth quibbling about. Maybe we should call Dolphin, Y&B and BCV the Epcot resorts and the BWV and the Swan the Studio resorts. They'd still be in the same places.

PKS44
09-13-2003, 12:39 AM
Isnt't CBR called an Epcot resort---and yet you can't walk to Epcot from there, either.

dianeschlicht
09-13-2003, 07:11 AM
Oh dear! My fun post is turning serious!

I too thought it was called an Epcot resort when we purchased, and for sure was when we took our first tour of DVC back in '92. At that time there was no Boardwalk, and I am not even sure Internation Gateway was there.

At any rate, I thought the picture was great fun and truely does show how close OKW actually is to Epcot. I would like to see a newer pic like this one. I'll bet there are lots of developments that don't show in this picture that we are not even aware of.

WebmasterDoc
09-13-2003, 09:00 AM
Anyone know what the little cluster of buildings is near the upper left hand corner of the pic? You can also see just how much area is there to develop for SSR too. I noticed when we were there in August that the tree houses are still standing. Not sure they are using them though. I wonder if this will be added to SSR too.

That little cluster is the recycling plant. It's a very sophisticated technology and is (or used to be) included in the "Behind the Magic" tour.

The original signage at WDW did include The Disney Vacation Club Resort as an Epcot Resort. However, in Birnbaum's it was originally listed as a Village Resort- along with Post Orleans and Dixie Landings and Disney Village Resort. This designation was changed (about 1996) to Village Area Resorts and included a name change to OKW and DI. Birnbaum's now refers to the area as Downtown Disney Area Resorts.

Birnbaums originally had 3 categories for onsite resorts. Magic Kingdom Resorts included the Contemporary, Polynesian, Disney Inn (originally the Golf Inn and now Shades of Green), Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground and Grand Floridian. Wlderness Lodge was added to that group.
Epcot Resorts were listed by Birnbaum's as Caribbean Beach, Yacht Club, Beach Club, Swan and Dolphin. BW (inn and Villas) were added in 1996. The category is now Epcot Area Resorts.

The Village Resorts completed the original desigantion used by Birnbaums.

In 1996, a 4th category was added- Value Resorts and that was changed in 1998 to Animal Kingdom Area and included All Star Sports and Music and Coronado Springs. 2000 saw All Star Movies added to that category and in 2001 Animal Kingdom Lodge joined the others on that list.

Whew!!

Thanks for the photo, Diane- it IS a fun post! :)

Incidentally, the <a href="http://terraserver-usa.com/image.aspx?t=1&s=14&x=139&y=980&z=17&w=1">Terra Server Site</a> offers US Geological Survey maps of the entire US. You can also zoom in on specific areas. This one is from 1999.

DeeP
09-13-2003, 09:27 AM
Originally posted by WebmasterDoc
That little cluster is the recycling plant. It's a very sophisticated technology and is (or used to be) included in the "Behind the Magic" tour.

The original signage at WDW did include The Disney Vacation Club Resort as an Epcot Resort. However, in Birnbaum's it was originally listed as a Village Resort- along with Post Orleans and Dixie Landings and Disney Village Resort. This designation was changed (about 1996) to Village Area Resorts and included a name change to OKW and DI. Birnbaum's now refers to the area as Downtown Disney Area Resorts.

Birnbaums originally had 3 categories for onsite resorts. Magic Kingdom Resorts included the Contemporary, Polynesian, Disney Inn (originally the Golf Inn and now Shades of Green), Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground and Grand Floridian. Wlderness Lodge was added to that group.
Epcot Resorts were listed by Birnbaum's as Caribbean Beach, Yacht Club, Beach Club, Swan and Dolphin. BW (inn and Villas) were added in 1996. The category is now Epcot Area Resorts.

The Village Resorts completed the original desigantion used by Birnbaums.

In 1996, a 4th category was added- Value Resorts and that was changed in 1998 to Animal Kingdom Area and included All Star Sports and Music and Coronado Springs. 2000 saw All Star Movies added to that category and in 2001 Animal Kingdom Lodge joined the others on that list.

Whew!!

Thanks for the photo, Diane- it IS a fun post! :)
Thanks Doc, that explains it. I was looking at Birnbaums 1994 book and it is listed as the DVC resort at Disney Village.

dianeschlicht
09-15-2003, 08:34 AM
Yes, we toured the recycle center one of the times we did the backstage magic tour. This tour has changed so much over the years, that I like to take it every 3-4 years. One time we got to go through the Reedy Creek fire/police station. Also great fun.

I guess I need to find a more up to date photo.

dianeschlicht
09-15-2003, 08:43 AM
BTW Doc, I went to your linked picture, and noticed it was taken Jan. 6, 1999. I was at OKW at that time! Can you see me down there near the GV in building 22?;) Makes you think of Big Brother watching when you realize you could be in one of those photos!:eek:

dianeschlicht
11-23-2003, 10:41 AM
Just bumping this up for folks to see.

Doug7856
11-23-2003, 02:40 PM
I've enjoyed reading these posts and looking at the photo. Thanks!

::MickeyMo

jaysue
11-23-2003, 02:40 PM
Does anyone know if coming back from Epcot to OKW by car if you can take the Backstage Lane road in the SE corner of the Epcot Lot and back across to Bonnet Creek Pkwy just south of the OKW entrance?

thanks
jaysue

Caskbill
11-24-2003, 01:58 AM
Originally posted by jaysue
Does anyone know if coming back from Epcot to OKW by car if you can take the Backstage Lane road in the SE corner of the Epcot Lot and back across to Bonnet Creek Pkwy just south of the OKW entrance?

thanks
jaysue Interesting question. Don't know. But looking at the photo it sure shows that would make short work out of getting from Epcot back to OKW wouldn't it.

Maybe someone can check that out for all of us.

As to the cluster of buildings North of MK, we did enjoy seeing them on the Keys tour many years ago. The big parking lot there is CM parking, and I believe they still run a shuttle bus from there to the underground MK employee (sorry...CM), entrance.

Doc, are you sure about Jan 1999 for the photo? You can clearly see Pop Century under construction. Has it really been 4-5 years since they started that project?

You can also see ground being cleared for the BCV resort.

There's no hint of the Fairfield resort at all so the photo was taken way before any of that was ever started.

I did notice the pathway from OKW to DD sure goes the 'long' way around as it follows the waterways. As the crow flies, OKW is very close to DD, basically across what appears to be part of the golf course, then across the large parking lot straight to the DD buildings.

BTW, at 56K dial-up which is what I use, it took 10 minutes to download. But now it's saved on my computer.

This is a very cool photo.

P.S, I also remember signage that included the Disney Vacation Club resort as being grouped with the Epcot Area resorts.

I also remember seeing a sign about Epcot being built and the opening ceremonies to be held on a specific date. Of course that sign was erected a good 1-1/2 years before Epcot opened. We wondered about the non-strike clauses that must have been written into that construction contract. pirate:

BTW, if interested, if you find OKW, the road just to the west of it that goes north past the old Port Orleans and Dixie Landings resorts, you'll see it goes to a 'T' intersection. At that intersection you'll see that if you go to the right (East), the road curves around and goes to the huge WDW warehouse area.

If you take the road to the left it goes past the campground. You can see all the campground 'loops'.

Also, at that 'T' intersection, if you theoretically went straight, you would be going into the Eagle Pines DVC resort. If they ever build it. Don't know for sure how it was suppose to fit in there, but it appears it would be surrounded by several golf course holes, and would have a stream going through the middle of it (Assuming it was that large and they crossed the stream and built on both sides. If they used all that land it would appear it could be about the same size area as OKW.)

dianeschlicht
11-24-2003, 06:37 AM
Doc, are you sure about Jan 1999 for the photo? You can clearly see Pop Century under construction. Has it really been 4-5 years since they started that project?
I am sure that is correct, Caskbill! Pop Century was started shortly after we joined DVC in '97. It has sat empty for a LONG time!

MiaSRN62
11-24-2003, 07:21 AM
Oh dear! My fun post is turning serious! \
Hey...I'm still having fun reading through all the posts Diane :wave2: I don't have a recollection of OKW being an Epcot area resort, but then again, I can barely remember what I had for dinner the other night ! I am finding all the information very interesting.
Thanks for the cool pic Doc. It really does make it look like you can just simply cross the street from OKW and get to Epcot ;) if I'm seeing this correctly !

dianeschlicht
11-24-2003, 08:25 AM
Maria, I too remember the signs saying OKW was an Epcot resort, but I think those were all changed when they developed the Boardwalk area. They were still up when we purchased in '97, but they changed before our next trip.

mb168
11-24-2003, 08:38 AM
I guess if you can catch the EPCOT boat or walk it must be:D

joepoe
11-24-2003, 09:03 AM
Check this out over all WDW property view (www.disneypix.com/Multimedia/WholeProperty.jpg)

Looks like OKW is equidistant between DTD and Epcot. :D

Once this behemoth loaded, I saved it to my hard drive. It is amazing the detail you get when you zoom in! Thanks!

It also shows how the imagineers have skillfully set up WDW to give the impression of vast space, when in fact, many things are right up close toeach other. Hech, they could build a people mover from OKW to Epcot! Wouldn't that be cool?!

When I played golf at LBV we played on holes near POR and DTD. It is wild how well separated they have made everything.

Desperado
11-24-2003, 09:57 AM
I wonder when the next satellite pass is scheduled so we can see a newer picture.

I guess if you could easily walk from OKW to Epcot, take a boat or monorail or some other non-bus form of transportation, that would make it an Epcot resort.

mb168
11-24-2003, 10:30 AM
Originally posted by Desperado
I wonder when the next satellite pass is scheduled so we can see a newer picture.

I guess if you could easily walk from OKW to Epcot, take a boat or monorail or some other non-bus form of transportation, that would make it an Epcot resort.

Fortunately they couldn't do anything about the points but they DEFINITELY would increase dues if you could do that.

BiffMan
09-07-2004, 04:30 PM
Originally posted by WebmasterDoc

Incidentally, the <a href="http://terraserver-usa.com/image.aspx?t=1&s=14&x=139&y=980&z=17&w=1">Terra Server Site</a> offers US Geological Survey maps of the entire US. You can also zoom in on specific areas. This one is from 1999.

Anyone happen to know if a higher res version of this or the color pic are available? Thinking it would make a wonderful wall hanging for my office. Looks like the USGS maps are available down to 1m resolution which looks quite nice, but even on "large" you can't get enough area covered to make a good pic. Guess I could piece it together myself, but was wondering if that bit of work had already been done before I set out to do it... :D

jarestel
09-07-2004, 06:32 PM
Until I see OKW guests trekking over to Epcot ( instead of bussing it ) it's not close to being an Epcot resort, regardless of what it looks like on maps. Same goes for CBR and all of the other so called "Epcot area resorts" that require busses to get there.

Sammie
09-07-2004, 06:51 PM
Originally posted by jarestel
Until I see OKW guests trekking over to Epcot ( instead of bussing it ) it's not close to being an Epcot resort, regardless of what it looks like on maps. Same goes for CBR and all of the other so called "Epcot area resorts" that require busses to get there.

Does it really matter?

jarestel
09-07-2004, 06:54 PM
Originally posted by Sammie
Does it really matter?

The OP thinks it does.

Sammie
09-07-2004, 06:57 PM
The OP thinks it does.

The OP posted in Sept, 2003, not sure why these old posts keep showing up.

With all that is going on in Florida right now the specifics of where a resort is located is very trivial to me.

It's like comparing fruit. Some like oranges, some like apples, it's still fruit.

No resort is the end all to end all, and no resort has the perfect location. They all have plusses and minuses.

jarestel
09-07-2004, 07:14 PM
Originally posted by Sammie
The OP posted in Sept, 2003, not sure why these old posts keep showing up.
No resort is the end all to end all, and no resort has the perfect location. They all have plusses and minuses.

Sammie, I didn't notice the date on the post...

You are absolutely correct regarding resorts, as I do like all of them and tend to choose based on my plans for a particular trip.

Sammie
09-07-2004, 07:16 PM
Sammie, I didn't notice the date on the post...

You are absolutely correct regarding resorts, as I do like all of them and tend to choose based on my plans for a particular trip.

Which is the best plan of all, pick and choose based on what you want and need at the time of your trip.

artvandelay
09-07-2004, 09:05 PM
Looking at this picture, I noticed a lot of room on the north side of the Contemporary (if you knock down the north wing). That looks like a perfect place for a ....

DrTomorrow
09-07-2004, 11:46 PM
Because - and I know that if I tell you folks that you'll keep this secret to yourselves - there's a wormhole / tesseract / subspace anomaly / hole in the fabric of creation that runs from behind the Carriage House (near the golf clubhouse) to Bus Stop #9 at the MK.

Gotta go - the voices in my head just informed me that the radio messages from my fillings have broken through my tin-foil hat. :crazy:

dianeschlicht
09-08-2004, 08:20 AM
Don't get your knickers in a twist over what was meant then to be a joke over what was an ongoing argument here on the DVC board. I posted this a LONG time ago to be funny. The truth is, when Disney Vacation Club (OKW) first opened, it WAS listed as an Epcot resort. I just thought the picture was a lot of fun. Sorry if you took it seriously.:confused:

MiaSRN62
09-08-2004, 08:27 AM
I posted this a LONG time ago to be funny. The truth is, when Disney Vacation Club (OKW) first opened, it WAS listed as an Epcot resort. I just thought the picture was a lot of fun.
It IS a fun post Diane. It's nice to get a little infusion of light-hearted posts now and again :D :D :D :D :D

dianeschlicht
09-08-2004, 09:00 AM
Yea, everyone has been pretty serious around here for quite awhile now. Not as much fun as it used to be.

dianeschlicht
09-08-2004, 10:26 AM
It just occured to me that things are not the same without Rich here. Miss you, big guy!:(

Bexx
09-08-2004, 11:33 AM
It just occured to me that things are not the same without Rich here.

I was just thinking the very same thing - it's such sad news.