PDA

View Full Version : Who's sailing April 18-22, 2004 - gotta start this sometime!!

Pages : [1] 2 3

goofy601
09-08-2003, 09:02 PM
Hello All!
Just thought I would be a trouble maker and start looking for all the great people that will be sailing with us this upcoming April! It will be my DH, myself, our DD-12, DS-8, DS-4, and DD-3! We're hoping that the youngest potty-trains in time - but either way we're going to have LOTS of fun. We're bringing along my dear friend and her two DD's ages 15 and 11! We want to get some great feed back from others that have sailed DCL and others like us - FIRST TIME CRUISERS!! Hope to hear from some April cruisers soon! :)

travel with kids
09-13-2003, 07:54 AM
We, too, are cruising April 18-22, 2004. Our fisrt cruise. We have a ds 13 and a dd 8 (at cruise time).

Sounds like you will have a blast with the group you are bringing. :bounce:

This is the best place for information -- I am sure you have already found that out!! When my dh and I found this web-site (at the time we booked our cruise) we sat up late at night, drinking coffee and reading EVERY post. We have slowed down a great deal (...life interfered).

Thanks for starting this thread. Can't wait.......twk:D

Disney1fan2002
09-13-2003, 08:07 AM
WOOHOO! Finally!

I tried starting this thread a few times with no responses. I was beginning to think I was going to be the only DISer onboard!

We will be there. Myself, DH and 3 kids. ds 7, dd 5, and ds 4. Sounds like we all have kids in the same age groups! MY kids are really excited, and I am excited to bring them. DH and I did the 4 night Wonder 3 years ago, and kicked ourselves as soon as we boarded for leaving the kids with my sister.

We have stateroom 8040....any of you going to be nearby?

Can't wait to get to know you and then meet you in April! BTW, my name is Marie and Dh's name is Sean. Patrick, Sara-Ann and Danny are the kids. (did I mention we were Irish> LOL)

goofy601
09-13-2003, 04:39 PM
We were starting to think we were going to be the only people on the ship...LOL! Our names are Eddie and Lisa and the monsters are DD (12) - Casey, DS (8) - Cristopher, DS (4) - Connor and DD (3), Cara! We'll be on the 6th deck -- I have to find my papers - but I think rooms 6015 and 6017. I'm just so excited to be going on the trip. I've never been to Florida - so this is an adventure within an adventure!! We'll have to plan on meeting - I've read other people's things and they decided to wear a certain color or a pin that one designed -- we've got too much time to figure something like that out! Well, I have to get going - it's my DD's 12th birthday and her friends are arriving! :)

travel with kids
09-15-2003, 03:48 PM
So excited to finally hear from some cruise-mates!! From early June until early August I would check daily to see if anyone was cruising with us. (August was way too busy to even sit!!!) I was glad to check in the other day and find spunky messages for OUR cruise!!

This is our first cruise. 4th time to FL as a family. We are in 5036 (I think--I'll double check later). My name is Lee, dh Dan, ds Alex and dd Liz.

Goofy601-- great idea on wearing something that will stand out. Keep us posted. I'll try to be creative and come up with something.

Disney1fan2002--are you flying? My husband hates to fly (it is a control thing not a fear thing), so we usually drive (yes, from ME!!). I am hopes we can fly this year. It gets old real fast!!

Need to go get my ds from soccer practice. will check in soon...twk:D

goofy601
09-15-2003, 08:34 PM
Hello!
Glad to hear we're not the only ones driving in for this trip! We'll all be sitting by the pool - talking about the horror stories of driving in with kids --

My MIL just called - she's decided to come along - hopefully she enjoys herself and doesn't think she has to be on duty of baby sitting the whole trip! Want her to enjoy herself!! Even though I'm jealous - she's going to the outback in September! Lucky!! :)

Our kids keeping checking our countdown - that I did on the other page and can not figure out how to get on this page -- but - being the smarty that he is - my DH has decided to keep track using your countdowns! :)

Well, gotta run - it's been a long day - and we're doing a little day trip (me and the two youngest) to a local farm tomorrow -- and I've got things to get ready and need sleep!

I'll have to give some serious thought as to what to wear to stand out -- I'd definately like to meet other great families that are posting here! :)

Lisa :)

Goofy Driver
09-16-2003, 09:35 PM
Hi There,

I'm TWK's other (not better) half. And I very much resemble the remark about driving not flying... So Goofy601 we'll have to have a picture of drinks waiting for us when we finally finish our drive and get there.

As for flying, I actually love the part where you take off, stay up for a while and then land. It's just all the other stuff that happens before that I can't stand. You know the stupid stuff where the Airlines tell you to get to Orlando from the North East you need to first go to Chicago first???

Anyway, I digress.

Goofy601, The way to get the neat-o cool-o stuff on the board is to follow the DIS teckie support folk’s advice. If you're interested go to the home page of the DIS board and close to the bottom you'll find the link to "Technical Support". Take that and then select any number of good links. The best one to start with is "Important:Tech Board FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS - check here for a quick answer". See the many suggestions on "Countdowns". Try adding what you want to your profile and then posting it to the recommended Technical string first. If you have problems (as most of us do) the technical folks will check in on you and give you a hand. After a while you can get rather creative. It's a heck of a way to kill some seriously time!!!

We had the kids pick out their smiley faces and TWK picked the Emerson Quote. I of course picked the more meaningful quote. But I guess everyone has their own opinions about that... ;)

All of us (dw, ds, & dd) are really looking forward to this trip!!!

Good luck,

Disney1fan2002
09-16-2003, 09:47 PM
TWK and the two Goofies! OMG! We are driving also! Who is coming in on Saturday? we are leaving Mass around 1PM Friday, and are checking into the Radisson on Saturday, so we limit the chances of any travel delays keeping us from boarding the ship early! Plus, I want to be well rested.

How weird is this that all 3 families are driving? And TWK and Goofy Driver, we are driving from NE!

We have the car all set up with the TV/DVD player and video game hook-up. we are pretty lucky in that our kids for the most part are great travellers. they SLEEP.

I am so excited to get this thread moving! We all should become pretty "tight" by the time April get's here! LOL.... Any of you guys Scrabble players? that was one of my favorite things on the DC 3 years ago, was the Scrabble tournament.

DVCLady
09-16-2003, 10:06 PM
Hey we are cruising with yall. Driving from CT. Probably staying at the Radisson again. I've got a DD(7 at cruise time) and DS (2)
We are staying in a Category 9 #2620

Hey Fellow New Englanders!!

Disney1fan2002
09-16-2003, 10:18 PM
Welcome to our cruise Lady!! WOW! Another New Englander AND driver! Holy moly, we may as well caravan down! How fun would THAT be? LOL

I notice your vacation is going to start a few hours earlier than ours, what time do you plan on hitting the road? I am thinking if we leave by 1PM Friday, we should be arriving around 10-11AM Saturday and checking into the Raddison. Looking froward to watching tha Magic leave Saturday afternoon.

Can't wait to get to know you!

DVCLady
09-16-2003, 10:31 PM
I went by the time of check-in at the cruise terminal to start the count down. We usually drive I-95 straight down. We drive down from CT, stay over night in NC and then drive straight to Raddison at the Port. We usually get there around 7pm the night before the cruise.

travel with kids
09-17-2003, 04:49 PM
All four of us driving!! This is way too funny. We have no clue yet when we are leaving. I am a teacher, so I will be ready to head out on Wednesday (the 2nd week in March)!!! We usually spend the night in Fredericksburg, VA (which is half way for us). We, too, drive 95.

I Love scrabble!!! I even have a travel version!!!:bounce: We can start Saturday afternoon by the pool with our drinks at the Raddison!!

This is getting exciting........twk

goofy601
09-17-2003, 05:21 PM
Hello All!

This is getting way too exciting! I guess we'll have to try and book a room at the Radisson! This should be interesting with my MIL, my friend and her girls and all of us! Think we could fit in a single room?!? LOL! We do not get much time to play board games - but would definately like too! Sign us up for a game or two! I have to get on board and sign up for a sitter one evening and Palo's the same evening -- a night for hubby and I would be super fantastic! Especially since we're bringing all these other great people along with us!! Gotta run - I have to get to church and then off to a PTA meeting - things just never slow down! Today is our anniversary - and we barely have a minute together - oh well - there's this weekend to actually celebrate!! Is it April yet?!?

DVCLady
09-17-2003, 09:39 PM
Goofy601, Happy Anniversary!:bounce: :Pinkbounc

travel with kids
09-19-2003, 05:30 AM
goofy601-- How is Ohio coping with Isabel? Just saw the weather report and ohio is in the path--mostly heavy rain. Hope this doesn't stop you and DH from a good night out this weekend.

Isabel has been creating the most beautiful sunrises the past few days. The sky is lavender, pink and an aqua color. The White Mountains are a coral color.

Wish you well (and everyone else effected by Isabel) and have wonderful time with DH.

goofy601
09-19-2003, 06:30 AM
Hey all!
Just rain...rain...rain...here in Ohio! A little wind - not nearly as windy as I was expecting! I do have all the patio furniture and all the kids toys pulled up close to the house in case of high winds...but all in all we were able to sleep and get some rest. DH does outdoor work and kinda expects a day at the shop today - which is kinda nice. We should have moved out of the path of Izzy by tomorrow and we're going out tomorrow evening. It should be nice!

My MIL called yesterday - she is soooo excited to be coming along on this trip. She has been on cruises before and kinda gave me some little pointers that I didn't know before. Did you know that we're really only allowed 2 bags per person? Not me - but then again it could have been in a brochure that I didn't completely read and just skimmed over.

I need to get DS ready for school and believe it or not - it's my day to run around town and get my chores done...ugh - might as well just pull the hair back in a pony tail holder and call it a day -- rather than do the FRIZZ look! :)

Hope everyone is SAFE and SOUND in your respective states!

Disney1fan2002
09-19-2003, 10:53 AM
I am getting so excited! Looks like the party can begin at the Radisson on Saturday!!!

Who has main seating for dinner? We are booked for the main seating which is 6PM.

Lee, I notice your WISH clipart. Congrats on losing all that weight since June! SUPER! I just rejoined WW's and today was my first day at Curves. I love Curves! I am sitting here eating a salad w/tuna on it. I want to be down at least 50 pounds by April.

I think it is so funny that everyone in this thread is driving so far! My DH and I are going to try to drive straight down with only stops for bathroom and food. If I plan it right, it can be done.

My 3 yo is so excited, he keeps wanting me to show him the "boat". I can't wait for him to see it in real life! The kids are all going to have a blast!

DVCLady
09-19-2003, 01:04 PM
We are going to try to add 3-nights at Vero Beach for after the cruise. Wish us luck. If not maybe OKW will be available.:bounce: :Pinkbounc

DVCLady
09-19-2003, 01:16 PM
hey goofy601,

you are allowed 2 bags for check-in and 2 carry-ons per person. When you recieve your ticket booklets each booklet will have 2 luggage tags in it. :D

goofy601
09-19-2003, 01:30 PM
Thanks for the update on the luggage! We're going to try and go light on luggage anyhow - since we're up to 11 people in our 15 passenger van -- and since the van is a rental - you can not put a luggage bag on top of the vehicle. It could get kinda cozy in there is we go with a lot of luggage. Maybe we'll get lucky and a couple of people will get forgotten at rest stops! :) Just kidding! We just can't wait to go on this cruise!! :)

Our plan is to leave Friday evening around 8 - bedtime for the youngest two and hopefully with the sounds of the road ALL of the kids will be fast asleep in no time at all. My MIL falls asleep at the drop of a pin and we are suppose to rotate drivers with DH and my friend and myself. We also hope to be able to drive through (since they'll be sleeping - no potty breaks) and get to Florida and spend a great day on Saturday at the beach! Be well rested and board the ship on Sunday! Let's see if the plan works.

I've been pulling my hair out potty training DS (3 1/2 years) - he knows what to do - just picks and choses when he wants to do it. And does not want to sit on the pot - so that of course leaves out BM! UGH! Just keep reminding me that eventually most everyone potty trains and he won't be in pull-ups at 15! My youngest (DD) has IBS and doesn't have bowel movements on her own and is on medication. We don't expect her to be potty trained by April (she'll only have turned 3 by 5 days anyways) and we just plan on doing stuff with her. With all the adults we're taking - I'm sure DH and I will end up with a moment or two of quiet time...that is if we want it! I want to enjoy every minute of just about everything.

We did check on excursions and found them to be rather expensive - and some of the other boards - people were saying that some of them were not worth the $$. Oh well, has anyone else gotten off at Nassau and just visited a beach?!? Is that something that can be done?!? I wouldn't mind a couple of hours on the beach just relaxing -- either way - the beach or the deck of the boat around the pool - I'm good!

Well, I've taken enough space! Talk to everyone soon. Still working on how to identify us as DIS Discussion board "groupies"!

Disney1fan2002
09-21-2003, 03:06 PM
In honor of our cruise, my new favorite song is "It's 5 O'clock somewhere" by Alan Jackson and Jimmy Buffet....because at 5 O'clock 4/18/2004 we will be getting ready to pull out of Port Canaveral!!!! I think of that evertime I hear the song! WOOHOO

Disney1fan2002
09-21-2003, 03:08 PM
Lisa, the official color of the DIS boards is lime green. It is common practice to wear lime green if you want to be identified as a DISer!!Well, I've taken enough space! Talk to everyone soon. Still working on how to identify us as DIS Discussion board "groupies"!

goofy601
09-22-2003, 06:04 AM
Hey there! Hope all is well with everyone. Woke up this morning - COLD! Welcome to fall in Cleveland! BRRRRR! I welcome the next season - it's just another season closer to the CRUISE!!

Lime green it is...I'm going to start looking around for ribbons or something to make some cute ribbons with...how many do we need right now?!? Guess that changes what I was planning on wearing for boarding the ship...LOL...doesn't match... :)

Gotta get the kids ready for school - chat soon.

travel with kids
09-22-2003, 03:31 PM
Originally posted by Disney1fan2002
In honor of our cruise, my new favorite song is "It's 5 O'clock somewhere" by Alan Jackson and Jimmy Buffet....because at 5 O'clock 4/18/2004 we will be getting ready to pull out of Port Canaveral!!!! I think of that evertime I hear the song! WOOHOO

I love that song!! I never associated it with the cruise -(I will now:D !!). A co-worker and I were riding on a bus from a field trip (I teach highschool) and the song came on the radio. We just looked at each other and started to laugh. We now ask each other if it is 5:00. The other responds 'it's 5:00 somewhere'.

Thanks for sharing!!.....twk

travel with kids
09-22-2003, 03:36 PM
Originally posted by goofy601

Lime green it is...I'm going to start looking around for ribbons or something to make some cute ribbons with...how many do we need right now?!? Guess that changes what I was planning on wearing for boarding the ship...LOL...doesn't match... :)

LOL!!:p I have no clue what I am wearing tomorrow!! I'm impressed you are able to think that far ahead!!

What are the ribbons for? (I am a virgin cruiser...go slow here!)...twk

goofy601
09-23-2003, 10:11 AM
I was trying to think of a way to identify us as chatting on this board for when we board she "Wonder" and lime green is the "official color" of the DIS Discussion boards -- and rather than go out and find lime green shirts for everyone -- I was going to try and come up with a cute ribbon to identify us as the group that has been chatting together for the past several weeks and the months ahead. That was - if we don't all hook up at the Radisson for some strange reason - hopefully at some point on the cruise we'll be able to actually meet. I know I'd like to meet everyone I've chatted with so far on this board. Actually chatting on a mom's board is how I met one of my dearest friends! Got lots to do around the house and little time to do it in...chat again soon.:bounce:

Disney1fan2002
09-30-2003, 06:25 PM
We have hit the 200th day mark! WOOHOO! only 101 more days and we will be in the double digits!!!!!

Happy 200 days of waiting!

goofy601
09-30-2003, 08:52 PM
Yeah! That is excellent news!! We are eagerly awaiting the day!

travel with kids
10-07-2003, 04:58 PM
Wow! It took me a while to find this thread. Last week I thought about checking to see where we were on the count down. I'm glad you guys were on top of it!!

It started to get cold here in Maine this past week. As excited as I am about the cruise, I am also a bit sad. I realize that before we can go, we have to get through winter first!! ...happy, warm thoughts.......:sunny:

goofy601
10-07-2003, 05:02 PM
Hello All!
It's hard to believe that fall is upon us and soon we'll slush our way through winter - ugh - that will lead to spring and our cruise- we certainly don't want to rush through the seasons - but it's keeping us going and being able to handle winter by knowing that our reward will be the cruise! Just keep thinking warm thought and it will be here before you know it! :sunny: Chat soon!

Disney1fan2002
10-15-2003, 09:19 PM
How 'bout dem Red Sox, huh? I have a strong feeling that this could be the year!! How amazing would that be? The Red Sox win the World Series in OUR LIFETIME! LOL

Anyway, I am just babbling on to bump this up in case another April 18th cruiser hasn't seen it to join us here on this thread....April is not that far away, I was hoping many more would be fessing up to our cruise!

travel with kids
10-19-2003, 10:33 AM
Disney1fan2002-- we just got back from Mexico (family reunion). The game was on all week!! We had the beautiful Sea of Cortez outside and all the guys (and some gals) sat in the AC, watching the 'game'. My DS, 12, was stunned when the Yankees scored the homerun.

Anyways, we are all home now. Flew into Loagn last night and drove to Maine. :crazy: We are in a zomie like state. We all have work and school tomorrow.

Because this was a family vacation with 2 rented houses and my uncle's house as the 'base camp', we all worked!! Every meal was prepared by one of us. We had to clean. I am not complaining. We had a great time with 46 members of our family. However, the cruise kept coming back to mind while I was on 'Dish duty' or 'bathroom duty'. We can not wait to just sit and soak up the sun!!

As far as the Red Sox goes--"there is always next year, right Dad" ds as he was falling asleep that night!!

travel with kids
10-23-2003, 03:03 PM
Well, today it happened! --it snowed!! Not enough for a 'snow day'. But nevertheless, there was heavy wet snow on my van this morning and snow showers throughout the day.

178 more days until our cruise and I can think of 178 reasons why I can't wait!!

Stay warm....:sunny: .......Lee

DVCLady
11-05-2003, 09:22 PM
Bumping up. You guys still out there.
I think the April 18th cruise is sold out.
:crazy: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :yo-yo:

travel with kids
11-06-2003, 03:54 PM
I'm still here!!!:wave2:

It is getting colder by the day here in Maine. The Ski area a few miles down the road announced they would be making snow this weekend. Not ready for that.

DVCLady - - How can you tell that our cruise is sold out?

Is everyone still driving? DH actually suggested we keep an eye on Southwest's prices and schedule. I demanded to see his birthmark (I was positive it was not him!!) ;) We also want to spend some time at WDW. I can't imagine going that distance and NOT going to WDW. Anyone else heading to WDW before or after?

Take care.........Lee

DVCLady
11-06-2003, 06:46 PM
I tried checking for rates and it wasn't avaliable on the DCL website. I wonder why this thread was moved to cruise meets? :confused:

travel with kids
11-17-2003, 05:23 AM
Hello!-----anyone one here?:confused:

Disney1fan2002
11-20-2003, 08:17 AM
I'm here! Just getting ready to head to WDW tomorrow! Lots to do today. clean, pack, go shopping for dry foods.....

I don't know why this was moved to cruise meets, but maybe we will get more people to join this thread? I can't beleive the cruise is sold out, just there is just 4 of us on this thread.

Anyone else out there??? We don't bite! LOL

travel with kids
11-21-2003, 08:29 AM
Disney1fan2002-- Have a great time at WDW! Please think of us in the Northeast while you are in the sun and warmth!!:sunny:

travel with kids
11-21-2003, 08:32 AM
I have not heard from her or seen any post from her in months! Any of you seen her around on the disboards?

goofy601 where are you?:confused:

Disney1fan2002
12-09-2003, 05:50 PM
:rolleyes: Is it April yet???? Geesh, barely out of November and we get SLAMMED with snow. I hope this is not a prediction to what the winter is going to be like, we are in for a long one!

Any new people joining us on the April 18th Wonder?

goofy601
12-09-2003, 07:42 PM
[FONT=courier new][COLOR=crimson]Hello All! I was just trying to find my bookmark for this site earlier today. I have been so busy with getting ready for the holidays. We were just talking to our friend and getting the rental plans together for the van - we THINK we've decided to all drive down in one vehicle! That should be fun - let's see 4 adults and 6 or 7 children. Plan on having a big bottle of asprin for the adults when we get down there. Where is everyone staying when you get down to Florida? We're working on that plan also!! I thought it had been talked about - but I'm losing my mind.

I was trying to get some Christmas stuff out of the attic the other day and fell 6 feet and tore up my leg - nothing broke - thankfully - but it's just a huge pain - quite literally!!

Is everyone excited? I'm going to start going through clothes after Christmas - I've got two boys going through growth spurts - still looking for more 3T's for the little "princess"...and of course a 12 year old that's going on 30 - who is just something else with her wardrobe!! I can't wait - I can't wait - I can't wait!! Is it April yet!!

Be good all and talk to you soon!!

travel with kids
12-10-2003, 04:11 PM
One car!!!:crowded: are you renting a bus?

We, too were hit hard with snow...32".

Disney1fan2002--where are you in the Boston area. We get the channel 7 news. Looks like the northshore was hit hard.

goofy601- So glad to hear from you.

Everyone take care and hope for no more snow!!....Lee

goofy601
12-11-2003, 06:27 AM
Hello All!

Lee - ugh - you guys have had way too much snow for my blood. The rain melted almost all of our snow away the past couple of days. The hubby was mad yesterday because he had to work in the rain - still much better than the snow - I'd say!!

Yes - we're renting a bus - a 15 passenger van! That should be loads of fun!! :tongue:

I'm so excited - is it April yet :bounce: :Pinkbounc

Our youngest keeps telling everyone that we're going on the "Mickey Ship" - :earsgirl: :earsboy:

Gotta run - get the oldest boy off to school!

Talk again soon!

Lisa :wave:

goofy601
12-11-2003, 06:34 AM
:sunny: - Marie - Hope you had fun @ WDW! My friend from PTA just got back and had a super fantastic time. She said she didn't want to ever come home - and look she came back to our lovely Cleveland weather!!

OUR CRUISE IS SOLD OUT!?!? Where is everyone? We had to get a bigger room - and my friend tried to get a bigger room and she got put on a waiting list - our travel agent made a small boo boo when she told her they could add someone no problem! oopsie!!

Well, I want to get something done around here. Told the hubby it was killing me not to get back on that ladder and go up in the attic and start going through the summer clothes - he said he'd help me fall this time!! Isn't he sweet?!?

My little princess is sitting in my lap and wants a princess in my message - here it is...princess:

Later! Lisa

travel with kids
12-13-2003, 08:13 AM
goofy601-- What? You fell the last time from your attic ladder?!! Oh my!! I never put away the summer clothes to begin with. They all sitting on the hutch in the middle of hallway. We went to Mexico for a family reunion in October. I have not had a change to get them packed away.

We are expected to get another storm this sunday/monday. We will all be ready for that April cruise if this keeps up all winter!!

You all take care........Lee

goofy601
12-13-2003, 08:18 AM
Hello! Have to admit the little green envy monster with all of you taking warm weather trips! :bounce: I am not a cold weather person. I do love Christmas though! We did the last little bit of shopping last night for our oldest! She is getting tougher to buy for. In between dolls and electronics and clothes and more clothes. DH said no more clothes for her - and I stuck to that - we got her a small t.v. and a dvd player for her room. You just can not beat the price of small dvd players these days. Well, I want to get to the post office to get stamps so I can finally mail out my Christmas cards. Stay warm and HEALTHY!! Lisa :)

travel with kids
12-31-2003, 07:02 PM
Happy New Year!! :Pinkbounc :bounce: :jumping1: :Pinkbounc :bounce:

It will be fun to meet y'all in 2004!!

goofy601
01-01-2004, 07:56 AM
Hope that everyone has a safe and enjoyable new year's! See you all REALLY soon!!:cool1:

disneysailor
01-06-2004, 07:16 PM
Hello all.
We are anxiously awaiting our second Disney cruise in April. I will be traveling with my DH, DS-13, and DD-10. We really enjoyed the our first Disney 3-day Wonder cruise in Jan. 2001. The kids especially loved the clubs.

For this trip, we will be flying down a couple of days early to spend a day at Universal. We have the 2 park, 1 day pass and will be staying at the Hard Rock Hotel (hopefully, to appease my 13 yr. old!).

I hope you are all having as much fun as I am fantasizing about the impending trip. Anything to get my mind off the cold Connecticut weather!

goofy601
01-06-2004, 07:26 PM
Welcome to the group!

Someone that is actually flying! As of this moment - everyone that has posted here is driving down. We tried booking a room at the Radisson the other day - and they are completely booked! We have begun looking around in the same area...shame on us for waiting till the last minute. We did get our 15 passenger van reserved...and can hardly wait to put DH, myself, DD-12 1/2, DS-8 1/2, DS-4 1/2, DD-3 (by only a few days), MIL, My friend, her DD's - 15 and 11 all on board...sanity certainly doesn't run in my family!

I was bored the other day and started counting on the calendar different ways of counting down until our cruise -- and I figured out that it is only 15 Sundays until our cruise. It makes it sounds so much closer that way -- I told DH that I had to click into panic mode - get the suitcases down and start packing the clothes - that certainly got me an odd look! Oh well, having fun planning things out and looking forward to this trip -- it helps get me through these COLD days we're having in OH -- who lives in this state anyways??

Take care - stay warm - and healthy!

Lisa:)

Disney1fan2002
01-07-2004, 03:02 PM
Lisa! The Radisson is BOOKED??? Oh my, I am so glad I booked our room months ago!

Welcome DisneySailor! another New Englander...lokks like this cruise is going to be a New Engalnd cruise with an Ohioan thrown in (Goofy601);)

I am ready for April. I took the puppy uot today, and rather than doing his duty, he decided he wanted to romp around with a tree branch. I thought my fingers were going to fall off!

I cracked up at the noon news today, we have had a relatively mild winter so far, sop today, the coldes day so far, at 22 degrees, the news played it up as the "DEEP FREEZE" LOL. Had the poor reporters standing in the cold to report how cold it was outside.

disneysailor
01-07-2004, 05:13 PM
WOW!! You all must be VERY adventurous to travel by car! We've made it as far as Virginia, but I think that was pretty much our limit. I did the road trip to Florida when I was a kid but that was back in the days when you could lay on top of the back seat under the rear window (anyone else remember that? Seems crazy now!).

We do have one of those wacky through Chicago flights that was mentioned earlier. I must say I've never traveled to Florida that way, but hopefully the leg stretch will do us good.

Good luck with all of your travel plans!

goofy601
01-08-2004, 09:41 AM
HEY! Who turned off the heat! These temperatures are nuts!
The only thing keeping me going right now is the fact that this cruise is getting closer! Is it April yet?!?

I remember being a kid and being squished in the back of a vw bug. We would take turns sitting in the "trunk". There were 4 kids and only 3 seats in the back -- talk about fun. Those were the days.

Yes, we tried several different ways of trying to book a room at the Radisson - and with our group - all the rooms that we would need are booked! I was so sure that because it's after spring break we wouldn't have any problems - wrong!

I am still working on a little something for everyone that has been chatting on this page - so that we'll reconize one another -- I'm probably going to be heading to the craft store this weekend. Someone said that lime green is our color -- and I am going to try and come up with a button...any one have any other ideas...I don't have much in the lime green color for our wardrobes...so that won't work...and I would definately like to meet all of you wonderful people that have been keeping the excitement of this trip going!!

Gotta run - the kids are starving already -- I think we're going through growth spurts again! UGH!:crazy:

travel with kids
01-08-2004, 04:39 PM
Ok! I am cold. It is -3 F. I work in a very old highschool (founded in 1792!! I think the heating system is from the same era!) tonight we will see temps. -30 to -40 F. with wind chill factor!!

disneysailor- Welcome!! I have a DD8 and DS 13. We did Universal and IA last Feb. Remember the big blizzard President's weekend? We were driving to FL!! After that, this trip should be a breeze!! (with all that said, if any of you drving should see a Silver Honda Odyssey with Maine plates on the side of the road, please stop!!)

Goofy601--thanks for taking the "lime green" task on. I, too, have a lack of that color in my closet!! My DD has a collection of the Home Depot Disney paint samples. Included is a lime green. I am going to use these as luggage tags (I can not take credit for this--read it somewhere else on the DisBoards).

What?? The Radisson is booked!! I shouldn't be surprised. We are making ressie for our 3 days at WDW after the cruise. We having some differculties.

Disney1fan2002-- They just played "It's 5:00 somewhere" on the radio......cheers!!

You all take care and stay warm....Lee

Disney1fan2002
01-08-2004, 06:46 PM
Lee, I am sending you a Private Message.:wave2:

Disney1fan2002
01-10-2004, 11:59 AM
OMG!!! I was trying to help my nephew figure out how much money he should put away each week to save for WDW. He is going to be at WDW with my sister and family while we are on the ship, and then Thursday we will meet up with them until Saturday. Anyway....14 weeks from tomorrow!!! 14 WEEKS!!! Holy cow, those weeks are going to fly. Gosh, Survivor All-Stars will still be playing out...I guess I have to change our Thursday night Hoop-Dee-Doo reservations! LOL

Who, beside my family has Radisson ressies for Saturday night?

travel with kids
01-10-2004, 03:11 PM
LOL!! Marie thanks for putting it into prospective! :)

goofy601 said a few days ago we had 15 Sundays to go. I co teach the primary class at our church. I have 7 more lesson to prepare. :Pinkbounc

I think it will all hit me during Feb break (our usual time to go to FL). From Feb Vacation to April Vacation our school has no days off (unless it is a snowday). We have a teacher's workshop in March. So, my kids will have a day off, but I will not. This is our Mega Stretch (the longest period of school with no breaks). By April we are all fried (students and teachers). :crazy:

.......Lee

Disney1fan2002
01-10-2004, 04:44 PM
Lee, when is your Feb. break? Ours is Feb.16-20. March is the longest month because there are no holidays but the kids have Mar19th off for staff development.

Only a few more weeks until the cruise need to be paid in full! ACK.. I knew the time would go by to fats! LOL

goofy601
01-10-2004, 05:06 PM
Well, a little more planning for our trip today. We reserved two rooms at the days inn near cocoa beach -- we needed ocean or pool and went with pool - MIL reserved the rooms...so hopefully we have everything we'll need.

14 weeks...yeah!

We have this coming Friday off for Teacher Inservice - next Monday off for Martin Luther King Day -- and one day off in February and then nothing until spring break - our kids are actually taking a week off of school - because we planned for the week after Easter. Extra long vacation isn't going to hurt anyone!

We went to AAA today and got our triptik and maps and books of the states between Ohio and Florida - we want to find something to do on the road back home...the general vote is to go to Savannah - I've never been past North Carolina - so I'm pretty much game for anything!

Gotta run - going to work out with my friend...lost 3 lbs so far...DH lost 8! I'm very proud of him!!

travel with kids
01-10-2004, 06:01 PM
Lee, when is your Feb. break? Ours is Feb.16-20. March is the longest month because there are no holidays but the kids have Mar19th off for staff development.

Ditto on everything. Our Feb. break is the 16-20 and the next day off for the kids will be March 19. I have workshops that day. And then will probably clean my classroom after lunch. I will have no students, but will still need to report to school. ......Lee

travel with kids
01-10-2004, 06:09 PM

Gotta run - going to work out with my friend...lost 3 lbs so far...DH lost 8! I'm very proud of him!!

Lisa, have you checked out the "WISH" Boards? Lots of nice people over there and lots of motavation.........Lee

goofy601
01-11-2004, 07:01 AM
Hello All!

Just on my way out the door to church...taking a quick minute to check in on everyone! Only 14 weeks to go!!

I don't really have that much time to go hunting around the boards - so, no I haven't seen the wish boards - is it just a motivational place for weight watcher type people. I did work out for one hour last night with my friend. We found muscles we forgot we had! Lots of fun and great to know we're working towards our vacation together. The 3 of us are doing this together ~ DH, my friend and myself!! :Pinkbounc

Well, gotta run - and if my oldest DD wants to sell candy bars (of all things) at church for her school fund raiser she better get up!!

Only 14 weeks to go...98 days...yeah!!

Lisa princess:

travel with kids
01-11-2004, 12:21 PM
Hello All!

I don't really have that much time to go hunting around the boards - so, no I haven't seen the wish boards - is it just a motivational place for weight watcher type people.

It is a motivational board, but also has tips, recipes for many different diet styles. Also some very funny stories and a place for those who need someone to listen to. I've enjoyed a lot of the posts.

Hello All!

Well, gotta run - and if my oldest DD wants to sell candy bars (of all things) at church for her school fund raiser she better get up!!

Lisa princess:

My son's tennis team sold candy bars last fall. OMG!! Thank heavens, he was not the #1 seller, but he was close!!! We are all paying for it now. Next year I am going to write a check out and tell my son to donate the candy to the after school rec. program. Don't even bring it into the house. Best of luck to you and your family!!!!!

Everyone stay warm. It was -23F. (not with Wind Chill) this morning when we all left for Church!!.......Lee

goofy601
01-12-2004, 07:00 AM
Hello All!

I have a quick question. DH brought home a book from the librairy last night on the Bahamas and it is the current guide book. It says in there that all people that visit the Bahamas are required the legal papers - license, birthcertificate or pass port and are also charged a $22 tax on departure from the island. Are we going to have to pay this tax if we get off the ship at Nassau? Or is it just for people that actually go to the Bahamas and stay there overnight or a complete vacation? We're a little confused...

I also checked out the WISH site - that is awesome. But, as usual being the computer dork that I am - I can not figure out how to put one of those signatures on my page...but, I'll eventually figure it out!

Our youngest DD started crying for what we thought was no apparent reason last night - finally after much asking and coaxing we finally got her to tell us what was wrong - I WANT TO GO ON THE MICKEY SHIP NOW! What a little stinker - all that and didn't want to go to bed either!! princess:

Disney1fan2002
01-12-2004, 07:25 AM
Goofy....no, you don't have to worry about any of that. They take care of all of that on the ship. I am assuming any costs to us would be rolled in to our fare. We went 3 years ago, and didn't have to show anything but our Key To The World Card getting on and off the ship.

goofy601
01-12-2004, 09:00 AM
I just got off the phone with my friend - her mom just got back from the Disney cruise - and she was not happy that she was charged to get back on the ship -- is this something new? I am really hoping that maybe it was a mistake - that would really bite to have to pay all that $$ for the cruise and to just got off the boat and back on to pay that kind of $$. For my family alone - it would be $120 - even if we just got off and took a walk and got back on...ugh! :crazy:

travel with kids
01-12-2004, 02:57 PM
I just got off the phone with my friend - her mom just got back from the Disney cruise - and she was not happy that she was charged to get back on the ship -- is this something new? I am really hoping that maybe it was a mistake - that would really bite to have to pay all that $$ for the cruise and to just got off the boat and back on to pay that kind of $$. For my family alone - it would be $120 - even if we just got off and took a walk and got back on...ugh! :crazy:

Wow!! Maybe some of the others who have cruised with DCL can answer this question. Lisa, have you posted this question to the main Disney Cruise Forum? ........Lee

bostonlass
01-12-2004, 08:43 PM
Hi! :wave:

My two daughters and I will be on the April 18th Wonder cruise. We're from Massachusetts up in the North Shore and cannot wait to get out of these frigid cold temperatures!!!

I am a single mom, though I got engaged on Christmas Eve and will be getting married Jan 21, 2005 :)

My daughters are Emily who will be 8 and Megan who will be 7. They can't wait for the cruise and Megan keeps asking me to play the cruise video that 's on disney.com every day. She just sits in front of my laptop and has this glazed look on her face :D

Anyway it's nice to meet all of you. My name is Bridget and although I look absolutely horrid in lime green I'll suck it up so I can see some of you ;)

I am one of the few who are flying too I guess though I have no idea what airline or times since I did it through Disney. I'm looking all the time for cheaper flights (theirs is $1,200 and change for the three of us roundtrip) but unfortunately I just booked this last week so all of the great fares from Southwestern, Jet Blue and Pan Am have been sucked up. I"d love to fly in Sat morning and spend the day at the park. My mom said that sometimes the airlines add flights once they are all full so that's what I'm hoping will happen.

I also don't know what cabin we're in. We are a "guaranteed" category 11 and apparently we find out when we check in........hope it's not right next to the boiler!!!

For all of us New Englanders...just think of lying on deck basking in the sun when it turns below 0 on Wednesday!!!!

travel with kids
01-12-2004, 09:05 PM
Bridget-- Welcome!! :wave:

Congratulations on your engagement. :hug:

I have a dd (Liz) who is 8. princess: She is very excited. She watches the DCL video all the time. Plus, we recorded the Travel Channel's show on the DCL.

The lime green thing--I am not going to wear a lime green outfit!! :tilt: I'm going to let Lisa (Goofy601) figure out something. Then she can let us know. She has made noise to a ribbon or button.::yes::She seems very crafty (ok. Lisa .. pressure is on!!).

Well, glad to have you on board. And we will meet soon...Lee:sunny:

goofy601
01-13-2004, 06:55 AM
Hello!

WELCOME to Bridget and family! Congratulations on the engagement ~ that is really wonderful!!:cool1: Do not worry about trying to find lime green to wear for the cruise - I am working on ribbons or buttons for everyone that is posting here. I am really eager to meet everyone that is chatting here on our cruise.

I did post my question on the other board - so hopefully I will get some sort of answer. I am really hoping that a mistake was made regarding the whole thing. That's a lot of money just to visit the island and get off! I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

DH went into panic mode this morning - he asked if any of you had daughter's our DD's age (12) and I said NO - that anyone that had children this age - they were all boys! Our DD has suddenly noticed that boys are cute - etc...and DH is just thrilled with this :crazy: ... ah the joys of parenting!

Well, it's very icy outside and DH just went out to start salting the hospital...gotta run!

DVCLady
01-13-2004, 04:22 PM
I need to thaw. Good news is we only have to wait another month to book shore excursions!!:bounce: :Pinkbounc

I was thinking of doing the blue lagoon beach day:sunny:

Congrats on your engagment Bridget and Family!!:lovestruc

bostonlass
01-13-2004, 05:41 PM
So I got home today and there is a Fed Ex note on my door.....I'm thinking it's my cruise information from Expedia. I'm so mad that they didn't just deliver it to me but excited to get it finally tomorrow. I think I just have to let them know that it's ok to leave it, which is strange since I order things from amazon.com and landsend all the time and those are huge packages waiting for me at my door.

How do you know that we can book excursions in a month? Is that in the information packet?

I think I'm lucky to have gotten a room at all since this cruise is booked solid! I guess expedia.com buys up a block from Disney and is the only one who can sell those particular cabins :)

I'm still on a search for airfare. I can't believe how expensive it is to fly during this week!:earseek: I wish i were as brave as you guys and could drive but since it's just me and the kids and they obviously can't drive I think I'd be pooped. Plus I have a wicked bad back and was laid up after driving to Long Island from Boston last year so I can only imagine what a drive to Orlando would do! It would be nice though since that would give me the money to actually stay there the rest of the week.

Ok I'm chatty....gonna go below zero tomorrow and I'm getting psyched for this trip!!!!

Lisa - my kids already like boys! My 6 yr old (will be 7 on the trip) daughter has had a "boyfriend" since kindergarten. The same one too. All it means though is that he pushes her on the swing during recess;) My 7 yr old (will be 8 on trip) has had crushes but would never in a milion years talk to one.

Lee - Emily cannot wait to meet Liz. I told her that there's a girl her age going and her response at first was, "only one on the whole boat???". Then I explained this board and when I told her that your daughter's name is Liz she said cool, 'cause it reminds her of Lizzie Maguire...her idol!

ciao for now

Disney1fan2002
01-13-2004, 05:55 PM
Welcome Bridget!!! Another New Englander! We are going to take over the ship! Congrats on your engagement.

I have a DS who won't be 8 until June, and a DD who won't be 6 until July, but the ages are close enough, don't you think? My kids are starting to go crazy thinking of the cruise. If they are this excited without even seeing the ship upclose, I can't wait until they do!

We should plan on a time when we can all meet on the ship. Maybe Sunday night? Antone have the late seating for dinner? We are at the main seating. Maybe we will get lucky and have the same rotation. Anyone want to share a table? We are a party of 5 so there should be room for one more party.

I can't believe how fast the time is going!

Good luck on the airfare Bridget. We are driving, but for the heck of it, I went to see what it would cost to fly, and AA quoted me $8750!!!!!! for the 5 of us to fly round trip. I guess all the sale tickets are GONE. So, we will spend the $300 and something dollars on gas and tolls and drive down. :)

travel with kids
01-13-2004, 06:09 PM

We should plan on a time when we can all meet on the ship. Maybe Sunday night? Antone have the late seating for dinner? We are at the main seating. Maybe we will get lucky and have the same rotation. Anyone want to share a table? We are a party of 5 so there should be room for one more party.

We have late seating. I do not know if that is main or not?

Good luck on the airfare Bridget. We are driving, but for the heck of it, I went to see what it would cost to fly, and AA quoted me $8750!!!!!! for the 5 of us to fly round trip. I guess all the sale tickets are GONE. So, we will spend the $300 and something dollars on gas and tolls and drive down. :)

What?!! $8,750.00 for 5 people. Please tell me you wanted first class and your own private jet!! We have settled to the fact of driving. Are all of you parking your cars at the terminal? We will be leaving some things in the van (pillows, our Maine clothes) I think it will be safe (?).

Everyone stay warm.....Lee

goofy601
01-13-2004, 06:13 PM
Hello All!

Time is just flying by here. I did check out some of the other discussions - and wow - talk about some interesting things that I never would have thought to take on board...deodorizes for the bathrooms - totally didn't think about that at all!! Someone even suggested taking "older" socks and undies - and just tossing them after use - less to bring back - and more room for new treasures!! What an interesting idea...and there were plenty more.

We are suppose to be eating at the early setting. And we are a BIG party to begin with - we'd love to be sitting close to all of you if possible - make the party even more fun!!

ALSO - I read on that site that we could "miss" the discussion on safety when we get on the ship because they will be broadcasting it for the rest of the evening on the televisions in our room - go swimming right away - we could meet by the family pool - kinda first thing...that could be fun - LIME GREEN SWIM SUITS FOR EVERYONE!! :bounce: LOL!

My oldest DD wore her necklace from her "boyfriend" today - and thankfully DH didn't notice - or he would have been torturing her all through dinner...I'm definately NOT ready for this stage in my life! It just keeps getting better and better or so they tell me anyways!

Gonna run - time to work out!

Lisa:hyper:

travel with kids
01-13-2004, 06:17 PM
Originally posted by bostonlass

Lee - Emily cannot wait to meet Liz. I told her that there's a girl her age going and her response at first was, "only one on the whole boat???". Then I explained this board and when I told her that your daughter's name is Liz she said cool, 'cause it reminds her of Lizzie Maguire...her idol!

ciao for now

Please tell Emily that Liz is very excited to meet her on the cruise. Liz is also a huge fan of Lizzie Maguire and is a Hillary Duff fan. She wants to tell Emily that she will be bringing her CD on the road trip (we will have purchased a CD player for her, so by the 19th time she plays it, we will not have to suffer through it!!). ok...Liz has way too many questions for emily....I will pm, so not ot bore everyone else!!

Lee

Disney1fan2002
01-14-2004, 04:29 PM
:teeth: Here's my question.....

Do you think we will all be sitting around on the ship in April talking about how cold it was in January, or do you think we will have repressed it from our memory?????

It is 7 degrees here people!::yes::

goofy601
01-14-2004, 05:47 PM
I will NOT be talking about January's weather - just how nice it is to be sitting in the SUN :sunny: !! It seems like only yesterday that we were wondering if we were the only ones traveling at this time - and now we have such wonderful families joining us! I am so excited and can not wait until CRUISE TIME!!:earsgirl: :earsboy:

Gotta run - going to work out with my DF!! DH is out snowplowing yet again - and should be home shortly to watch the kiddies!! :crazy:

travel with kids
01-14-2004, 07:35 PM
No, I will not be remembering these cold days in April. Hopefully, I will have forgotten them by Sunday!!

Disney1fan2002--I hope you do not mind. I stole your idea to post your town's weather and temp.

Stay warm:sunny: ....Lee

bostonlass
01-14-2004, 07:41 PM
:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

Here's what I've done....

I cancelled the air from Disney that I was paying $1220 for and booked us a flight from Bos-Tampa (1 hour from Orlando) via Northwest. We do make a stop at Detroit but I don't care.

I'm renting a car from Avis (I get corp discount) and driving from Tampa to the Holiday Inn in Walt Disney World where we'll stay Fri and Sat night. Holiday Inn accepted my $30/ night bid on Priceline and ....kids eat free! (*love* that)

Saturday we'll spend at one of the parks, though I'm so very bad at making decisions it will prolly take me till then to figure out which one we'll get the most bang for our buck in.

Driving to Cape Canaveral and dropping car off at Avis Sunday morning.

Thurs morning picking up rental from Avis and dropping it off at Orlando Airport.

Flying from Orlando to Boston via Northwestern...this time stopping at Memphis but not enough time to see "the King". ;)

I"m so psyched 'cause between all of this *and* transferring my cruise from expedia to this guy bill that I heard about via these boards (i think he's cruiseoutlet.com) I'll still have about $400 leftover from what I would have paid Disney!!! That means we'll have tons of fun Fri and Sat before shipping out.

Anyone else doing the parks on Saturday?

Lisa - Emily loves writing to Liz!! It's so cute the way they get so excited and the questions they think of.

Disneyfan - Megan would love to write to your daughter who will be 6 and definitely that's a perfect age since the clubs are for 5-7 yr olds in her range.

We have the 6pm seating for dinners so if we can swing it I'd love if some of us could sit together/closeby.

Is anyone else on a low carb diet? I don't plan to follow it much on the trip but my bf and I started in Jan and I've lost 10 lbs since. I'm doing Atkins. Lord knows how hard it will be to pass up those rich desserts!!!

travel with kids
01-14-2004, 08:32 PM
bostonlass- Great news on all you savings. We will be doing WDW after the cruise. But, the kids know nothing. Still not sure how to suprise them.

Liz enjoyed "chatting" with Emily. :chat: She has been nonstop chatter about Emily all day. Liz is getting very excited about the cruise.

I am doing a modified Atkins (modified because I don't like to think of it as cheating!!). What I would like to lose and what I will realiztically lose are two completely different amounts:rolleyes: Have you checked out any of the other boards? They have WISH, for those watching their weight. I go over there and get motivated (after I eat the pizza!!)

Stay warm. It is really cold here......Lee

mouse attack
01-15-2004, 08:17 PM
I am glad I found that there were others going too! Mself my DH, DD almost 8 and my DS 3. I cant wait we are so excited! We have just about icicles on every inch of Maine! We are ready for som fun inthe sun!
Lisa:wave:

travel with kids
01-15-2004, 08:29 PM
mouse attack-- glad you found us. I have a dd8 and a ds 13. We too live in Maine. And like you, we are freezing!! I made a bowl of popcorn and watched the Travel Channel's DCL (we taped it!) after school today.

Very important question-- are you driving or flying? We have 4 families drving (from the NE and Ohio) and 2 families flying (MA & Conn)?

Welcome to the Disboards and to the 4-18-04 cruise page........Lee

mouse attack
01-15-2004, 08:33 PM
YES! Freeze is the word! We are flying down. Right out of PWM. Got awesome deals onthe 14th of April. We start our land at WDW on the 15th so we are going early so not miss anytime!:sunny: Dreaming of it!

mouse attack
01-15-2004, 08:38 PM
My party of 4 is in cabin 8538...Any deck mates out there?
Lisa

travel with kids
01-15-2004, 08:40 PM
Good for you--a flight out of Portland!! We don't mind driving, but I will think of you having fun in the parks while we are in a car for 27 hours!!!

We will go to wdw after the cruise. Just posted a thread on the "family" board with suggestions on how to suprise the kids. They think we are driving back on Thursday after the cruise....Lee

mouse attack
01-15-2004, 08:48 PM
Yes we got tickets for 230 rt! I thought that was awesome! I looked for a while and this was by far the cheapest! I am going think about how you acan surprise the kids... I was trying to keep this a secret from my kiddiecoos,but my DD8 was evesdropping! SO,we are trying to find a way to make her think we arent going!
How did you get the count down timer? I tried it and it isnt working:(

travel with kids
01-15-2004, 09:02 PM
The whole trip was going to be a suprise, however my brother came to our house and said "so, Mom & Dad tell me you're going on a cruise"!!! I almost flipped!!

So, we are now working on a visit to wdw. We might not be able to go (husband's work) so, if we can't stay, then we will not have to listen to the kids whine for 27 hours as we back home!

If we can stay and visit wdw, then they will sleep for the two day drive!!

I do not know how to do the counter. DH did mine. I am sure someone else can help you.

I am going to bed......very tired. I think the cold takes a lot of you.

Stay warm:sunny: .........Lee

mouse attack
01-15-2004, 09:06 PM
Keep Warm I will look for you all on the boards tom.
Lisa:wave2:

bostonlass
01-15-2004, 09:07 PM
Has anyone ever seen this before? Just about every school in the Boston area...including ours which is 25 minutes north of Boston, is cancelled for tomorrow!!! Although it's nice for the kids to get a 4 day weekend I'm still scrambling on what to do with them between work and babysitters, etc. I have just never in my life heard of school being cancelled due to it being too cold to go out!!! I wish work were cancelled and I wish we all were on that ship this very minute! ::yes:: ::yes:: ::yes::

mouse attack
01-15-2004, 09:12 PM
I second that! My garage doors wont go up! its so cold here,they stick in the half way spot! My daughter goes to a school that seems to run out of oil. Today We had to wait to pick them up in the car line. Because the wind chill was so bad they were letting the kids out one by one. They were actually calling the kids by walky talky from outside to a teacher in the school. Makes for a longer day!

travel with kids
01-15-2004, 09:14 PM
This is so not fair!! :eek: We live in Maine. It is VERY cold. We have school!! :( I need a four day weekend!!! Today it was so cold at my school, I had a head ache. :worried: My fingers were numb. The good part is by Sunday, it will be in the 20's. --it will feel like a heatwave.:sunny: :sunny: .........Lee

Disney1fan2002
01-16-2004, 06:49 AM
Originally posted by mouse attack
I am glad I found that there were others going too! Mself my DH, DD almost 8 and my DS 3. I cant wait we are so excited! We have just about icicles on every inch of Maine! We are ready for som fun inthe sun!
Lisa:wave:

Welcome to our cruise Mouse attack! ANOTHER New Englander! This is GREAT! I think it is so funny how many of us live in New England, but then it would make sense, because we are one of the few regions who don't use Easter week as our spring break.

Lisa, when will your DD turn 8? My DS will be 8 in June. I also have a 5yo DD and a DS who turns 4 in February.

My kids don't have school today. This is a first. I know school has been cancelled because of no heat, but to cancel just because of the cold? Never heard of it. I just laughed watching the news last night, the weather teams were saying that in 5-10 minutes you could get frostbite. YET, they had their "on the spot" reporters standing out in the cold to tell us just how cold it was out there, Are they immune to frostbite????

I am going into Boston tonight to see a show at the Comedy Connection. We are driving all the way in, because I am NOT walking form the T to Fanuel Hall!!! BBBRRRRRRR

Stay warm everyone...April will be here before we know it!:wave2:

Disney1fan2002
01-16-2004, 07:03 AM
My party of 4 is in cabin 8538...Any deck mates out there?
Lisa

Nevermind deckmates Lisa, we are going to be close neighbors. I am in stateroom 8040...across the hall from you! This is starting to get so exciting!

So, where is everyone else going to be?:chat:

goofy601
01-16-2004, 07:21 AM
Hello All!

Just us freezing in Ohio - but definately not as cold as you all!! This is awful! Maybe we will sit around the pool talking about how cold it was just a couple of months ago - while we sip some tropical drink!!

I am on the special K diet - two bowls of cereal - breakfast and lunch and a sensible dinner (I've modified that to a nice size salad or a child's plate of what everyone else is having). DH has lost 8 lbs and I'm up to 5! Definately check out the WISH boards -- those are wonderful motivators over there!!

Welcome - Lisa - from Lisa :) That is a great name, by the way!
I am coming on board with my DH, DD~12 1/2, DS~8 1/2, DS~4 1/2 and DD~ 3(by a couple of days), my MIL, my DFriend, her DD~ 15 and another DD~11!! We are eating at the early setting. ANd we are staying in 6317 & 6315 -- I believe my DF is around the corner from us!!

We are driving in from Ohio - we recently reserved our 15 passenger van -- that should be fun -- have a fruity drink available to me when we get the terminal!! :crazy:

We did get reservations for a room on Merrick island - my MIL took care of those the other day. We will not be going to WDW this year - we'll make that a different trip. With our diverse age groups - it wouldn't have been much fun for DH and I - running all over the park trying to make everyone happy. We will be probably stopping in Savannah and enjoying some of the sites there. We could also make a short stop in North Carolina to visit my DD - who just recently awoke from his coma -- :Pinkbounc I haven't been able to get down to see him because of the weather and that would be the perfect excuse!!

Well, gotta run - the kids are up and want breakfast and this and that -- they are off of school today for a teacher inservice and then off again on Monday for MLK day! Stay warm and see you all very very soon!:earsboy: :earsgirl: :earsgirl: :earsboy: :earsboy: :earsgirl:

mouse attack
01-16-2004, 11:52 AM
Hi and thanks for the warm, no pun intended welcome! My DD turns 8 May 1! Which just happens to be First Holy Communion too!My DS turned 3 in Oct . Are you flying to WDW or driving?

:crazy:

mouse attack
01-16-2004, 11:58 AM
Dis1 Fan

Oh how funny is that we might as well just call ourselves Flatmates we are so close. This is so exciting I have never had so much fun planning for a trip. I cant wait for my exotic drink We certainly can use a little somthing to warm us up.
And yes LISA is a great name!!!!princess:

Disney1fan2002
01-16-2004, 01:40 PM
Hi and thanks for the warm, no pun intended welcome! My DD turns 8 May 1! Which just happens to be First Holy Communion too!My DS turned 3 in Oct . Are you flying to WDW or driving?

Hi Lisa,
I think we could become fast friends! We are Catholic also. Our Parish spreads out the First Holy Communion during the 10AM Mass for all 5 Sunday's in May, so I do not know which Sunday Patrick will be receiving yet. We have to get him through First Penance 1st! LOL ..He is so excited about finally being able to receive Communion.

We are driving down. With a family of 5, we just can't bring ourselves to pay over $1000 to fly when driving cost us less than $400. We drove for the 1st time to WDW this past Thanksgiving, and I was expecting the worst, and it was the easiest trip! The kids were terrific the whole way down, and we only hit traffic twice. It took us exactly 24 hours. Not bad.

you are so right about this trip planning being fun! I can't wait to meet everyone on this thread! Is it April yet? :sunny:

bostonlass
01-16-2004, 05:02 PM
This is so funny! Emily turns 8 on 4/11 and receives her First Holy Communion the first Sunday in May too! What are the odds of that????

I WISH I knew what cabin I'm in but I"m a guaranteed cat 11 so I guess I find out when we go to board. I'm hoping for an upgrade, though I'll be happy just to be on the ship either way. Some say if I wait till the last possible minute to pay the remainder then I have a better chance of the upgrade. We shall see.

Kids were off from school today and gratefully my mom watched them for a few hours while I went in to finish up a project due today. They're with their Dad for the long weekend so I'm relaxing tonight and cleaning up the house tomorrow. Whoo hoo...I'm so exciting. We're going to the Outback (I'm on Atkins) tonight and then to see Paycheck. *love* Ben Affleck!!! Anyone see that movie?

Well I'm off to bundle up to go out. Keep warm everyone!

Bridget:wave:

travel with kids
01-16-2004, 05:13 PM
I am so excited to have a three day weekend. I have no class to prepare (exams all next week), I have a week off from my school and no one is visiting us for the long weekend:) Hopefully, I'll be able to finalize some of our plans for our April Vacation.

While looking over the thread to see what the kids ages were, I decided to organize all the information (the virgo in me!!:teeth: )

If I missed someone or if I have the wrong information-- I am sorry--:guilty:.

Disney1fan2002- (MA) 5 cruisers-- dh, ds7,dd5,ds4—room8040—driving—main seating

Disney Sailor (CT) 4 cruisers—dh, ds13, dd10, --room????—flying--???? Seating

DVC Lady (CT) 3 cruisers—dd7, ds2—room #2620, driving--???? Seating

Goofy601 (OH) 10 cruisers—dh, dd12, ds8,ds4,dd3, mil—room# 6015 & 6017—driving—main seating
Df, dd15, dd11

Mouse attack (ME) 4 cruisers—dh, dd7, dd3—room #8538—flying—main seating

Travel with kids (ME) 4 cruisers—dh,ds13,dd8—room# 7036—driving—late seating

bostonlass
01-16-2004, 10:52 PM
Um....there's me too :)

bostonlass - MA 3 cruisers- dd6, dd7 - room ?? - flying - second seating

travel with kids
01-17-2004, 08:15 AM
Yes, of course, you were at the top of the list. I must not dragged the copy far enough up. I am soooo sorry!! :worried: OF course we know that you are on the cruise!! You have become (well, emily) a household name!!princess: princess:

bostonlass - (MA) 3 cruisers- dd6, dd7 - room ???? - flying - second seating

Disney1fan2002- (MA) 5 cruisers-- dh, ds7,dd5,ds4—room8040—driving—main seating

Disney Sailor (CT) 4 cruisers—dh, ds13, dd10, --room????—flying--???? Seating

DVC Lady (CT) 3 cruisers—dd7, ds2—room #2620, driving--???? Seating

Goofy601 (OH) 10 cruisers—dh, dd12, ds8,ds4,dd3, mil—room# 6015 & 6017—driving—main seating
Df, dd15, dd11

Mouse attack (ME) 7 cruisers—dh, dd7, dd3—room #8538—flying—main seating
DSis,dd11,ds8 room #6040

Travel with kids (ME) 4 cruisers—dh,ds13,dd8—room# 7036—driving—late seating

Did I forget anyone else (sorry Bridget, Emily and Megan!!)?...Lee

mouse attack
01-17-2004, 09:23 AM
Hey guys I wanted add my sister to the group as well! She is also traveling on the same cruise with all of us. Her unique situation is that She lost her husand in Oct this year in a horrible accident. So I asked her if she wanted to take the kids and get away for a bit. And so she is,the kids a DS 8 and DD 11. They are in cabin 6040.

bostonlass
01-17-2004, 10:51 AM
Lee - don't give it a second thought!;)

Lisa - Let your friend know how terribly sorry I am for her loss and please tell her that I am also traveling alone (without a significant other). I'm sure this will be a well deserved get-away.

This is very different obviously but my husband left me when my kids were 2 and 3 for another woman to whom he is married to now. Anyways within the first year my parents took myself and my kids to Disney World for a week and although the pain was still there it was so nice to see the kids have fun and forget about our troubles.

Anyway, just let her know she's not going to be the only one alone and I"ll pray that she has a peaceful time and that her two kids enjoy themselves as much as possible!

Bridget

travel with kids
01-17-2004, 11:03 AM
mouse attack-- I added your sister and children to the list. I am so sad to hear of their lose. My husband is my best friend. I can not imagine living without him. You are a very nice sister to share your vacation time.

what region in Maine are your from? We live in Western Maine. Today is much nicer out. I think we are going out and do some activities before it gets figid again.........Lee

mouse attack
01-17-2004, 12:18 PM
Thank You Lee! We are in the midcoast region I hear water dripping from roof outside So I guess it is a bit warmer today YEA!
IS there a forum for single moms with their kids going on the cruise anywhere her? Maybe I can pass it on to my sister if there is one.
Lisa

mouse attack
01-17-2004, 12:20 PM
Bridget Thank You so much for your kind thoughts! I know they wil enjoy this and hopefully get some time to not think about the loss so much.
Lisa

Disney1fan2002
01-19-2004, 08:26 AM
Since most of us are in NE, who is all celebrating??? PATRIOTS ARE IN THE SUPERBOWL.

(ok, I just posted this to bump the thread up, so it doesn't go to the 2nd page. I really am not a football fan, but my DH and brothers are very happy right now)

disneysailor
01-19-2004, 08:37 AM
Welcome bostonlass and Mouse attack. This board has been busy! I'm trying to keep everyone and everything straight. Lisa, thank you so much for the chart you put together. I printed it out and added my own cheat notes so I hopefully won't mix anyone up!

On our first cruise we had a catagory 6 cabin and main seating. Unfortunately, when we booked at the end of August, both were full, so we are on a waiting list for both. Right now we have a cat. 5 cabin (my husband was spoiled by the verandah and wouldn't give it up, even though I don't think we really used it that much). Maybe after deposit time we'll be able to get our first choices, we'll see. I hope my kids have as good of a time on the 2nd cruise. Their expectations are high since they had the time of their lives the first time!

A cruise seems like the best kind of vacation for single parents. Hopefully that way the moms will have some much deserved fun on their own as well as fun with the kids!

My kids also didn't have school Friday because of the cold. Now they'll have too make it up in June when it's beautiful out. Many other CT towns cancelled too. I've never heard of such a thing either. It was a LONG day. At least on REAL snow days, you can have fun playing outside and I know they would find plenty to do in June!

Stay warm!

disneysailor
01-19-2004, 08:45 AM
While looking over the thread to see what the kids ages were, I decided to organize all the information (the virgo in me!!)

OOPS! I guess I didn't keep everything straight! Sorry Lee, I want to give credit where credit is due! Thank you for organizing everyone's trip information!

travel with kids
01-19-2004, 09:37 AM
We too asked for cat 6. We booked in June!! We too are on a waitlist. I don't think it is going to come through. It is ok. At this point the extra $$ for cat 5 is forgotten.

We asked for late seating and that is what we received.

Today is a day off from school. We had school Friday. It took until Saturday to get feeling back in all my body parts.

Stay warm:sunny: ............Lee

disneysailor
01-19-2004, 09:55 AM
Travel with Kids (Lee),

Since our 13 yr. old boys are both on the same floor and the same dining, maybe they will get to meet each other. Is your son looking forward to the cruise? I'm sure he'll have a great time! This will be a new experience for my son, since now he is old enough to try a new club. My daughter (10) will also be moving up to a different club. It's nice that they have something new to look forward to and my husband and I have some time alone to look forward to! Of course, I must admit that last time we were a little dismayed at how little time the kids wanted to spend with us since they were having so much fun. Now that we're prepared for this, we'll have to plan even more fun on our own!

bostonlass
01-19-2004, 11:23 AM
Go Pats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:Pinkbounc :bounce: :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce:

I *definitely* celebrated all yesterday and last night. Had to come to work today though so I"m feelin' the pain :earseek: but it was worth it!!!! I can't wait till the Superbowl and I wanna do something really fun for it. Maybe we'll actually go out to watch it this time since I love it when the crowd goes wild.

A bunch of people from work went to the game and I feel for them due to the snow but I'm sure it paled in comparison to the last game when it was just plain frigid out!!

I wasn't thrilled with the second seating but the more I read about it the more I think it's gonna be good. I originally put in for first seating but I guess that's full. I figure this way I'll try to get my kids to nap :rolleyes: like *that's* gonna happen, and at least they won't fall asleep for the shows.

For the day that we'll be in Disney I made ressies for the Character breakfast at Cinderella's castle. I think the girls will love this since they're so into princesses! I also made ressies for 'Ohana (I think that's the name of it...in the Polynesian) since I heard the kids have tons of fun. I'd rather eat at the California Grill but I think I'd have two kids with ants in their pants if I did that and I wouldn't have that great of a time as a result.

Well back to the grindstone. I actually like working on a holiday since barely anyone is here and it's an easy commute.

ciao

bridget
:wave:

mouse attack
01-19-2004, 07:05 PM
i tried to get ressies at Cinderllas Castle but they told me no chance! It was only 90 days out yesterday! ughhh! I am getting annoyed at this...

goofy601
01-19-2004, 07:23 PM
Hello All! Hope everyone is staying warm and healthy! Ok - I'm a little confused - are we all going on the same cruise? Everyone has a different number on their countdowns? Or are we all leaving on different days to head to Florida? SO confusing!:crazy:

Ok - for my big problem. Our youngest DD is turning 3 on the 13th of April. I think that 3 is a pretty big deal...so we did reserve a birthday cake on board the ship - but I still think it is important to do a little "friend" party around her actual birthday. DH doesn't think it's necessary - because the cruise is such a big deal...I don't think that it's really fair to Cara to shove her birthday off until the cruise and not do both - HELP!princess: She always seems to get the short end of the stick on this one because her birthday has been so close to Easter since she was born...oh well, any advice would be helpful - or maybe mom is is just being selfish - and wanting her to have her own day here at home and a little extra celebration on the ship...???

My goodness - my little button making project is getting quite a few people added to it - this is so wonderful! The more the merrier as far as I am concerned!! My DF is single also (she is engaged - but her fiancee' will not come on the cruise - he's afraid the ship will sink and we'll be eaten by sharks! Pleasant fellow!!) Oh well he's the one losing out on this great adventure!

Going to run - take care and chat again soon:bounce:

mouse attack
01-19-2004, 07:42 PM
Hello All! Hope everyone is staying warm and healthy! Ok - I'm a little confused - are we all going on the same cruise? Everyone has a different number on their countdowns? Or are we all leaving on different days to head to Florida? SO confusing!:crazy:

Ok - for my big problem. Our youngest DD is turning 3 on the 13th of April. I think that 3 is a pretty big deal...so we did reserve a birthday cake on board the ship - but I still think it is important to do a little "friend" party around her actual birthday. DH doesn't think it's necessary - because the cruise is such a big deal...I don't think that it's really fair to Cara to shove her birthday off until the cruise and not do both - HELP!princess: She always seems to get the short end of the stick on this one because her birthday has been so close to Easter since she was born...oh well, any advice would be helpful - or maybe mom is is just being selfish - and wanting her to have her own day here at home and a little extra celebration on the ship...???

My goodness - my little button making project is getting quite a few people added to it - this is so wonderful! The more the merrier as far as I am concerned!! My DF is single also (she is engaged - but her fiancee' will not come on the cruise - he's afraid the ship will sink and we'll be eaten by sharks! Pleasant fellow!!) Oh well he's the one losing out on this great adventure!

Going to run - take care and chat again soon:bounce:
i think that she should have her own day as well! My DD is turning 8 May 1 and she also has her first Holy Communion on that day too! Plus my Dh and I celebrate our 10th Anniversry on the 10th April... Our trip starts on the 14th of April and ends ont he 22nd so there isnt much time after getting home to do all the parties that are due each event,so I am going to do it all on the cruise and try to do a combination for my DD. I think that I will be a little loopy but she desrves to have her own time.
Lisa:wave2:

disneysailor
01-19-2004, 07:46 PM
Goofy601,

I say go for the friend party (maybe with a Disney theme to add to the excitement of the impending trip). Although a vacation is a huge deal to us grown ups, I think a special party with friends is just a big of a deal, if not bigger for a 3 yr. old! Good luck!

By the way, we are leaving for our vacation on Friday the 16th (less than 3 months away!!!). I don't have a countdown clock because, as my son would be happy to tell you, I am technology impaired!

bostonlass
01-19-2004, 09:39 PM
My countdown is for the actual date of the cruise assuming we ship out at 5pm. I probably should change it since we're arriving at 1pm on Friday the 16th.

mouse attack (lisa?) - are you flexible in the dates that you're asking for? I was actually shocked that we got in since it's for the 17th which is a Saturday. I'll throw some fairy dust your way and cross my fingers! If not though, try the dinner...then you'll be right there in the heart of things for the fireworks!

Goofy - We're warm but none too healthy. My 7 yr old has had a bad tummy bug and my BF just started getting it tonight. (men are such babies when they're sick!!!)

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I would absolutely do a small birthday party for her before the cruise. I wouldn't go all out but perhaps invite 4 or 5 of her closest friends or just family for cake and iced cream. Kids are only kids for such a short time and before you know it they won't want a birthday party. Emily will be 8 on April 11 and Megan will be 7 on April 7 and I'm still doing parties for each, though much much more low key than previous years. I'm letting Emily have her first sleepover with 4 of her friends (Lord help me get through this alive!!) and I told Megan she can invite three *good* friends for a Build A Bear party. Normally we invite about 30 kids and do a double party so this is definitely toning it down but still celebrating. I know what you mean about Easter since Emily's is right on Easter this year. I'm still wondering what night to do the sleepover since Good Friday doesn't seem right and that Saturday seems just as wrong. We'll see I guess.

ciao!

:wave2:

mouse attack
01-20-2004, 06:20 AM
Boston,
Where is that dinner that you are taliking about? The one with Cinderella!MAybe we will do that?princess:

goofy601
01-20-2004, 10:28 AM
I'm glad I'm not the only one that goes crazy with these birthday things.:crazy: My DH thinks that I go overboard when I throw a party for any of the kids - I just want their day to be very special. I am definately going to do a little princess princess: party for the little princess - and since most of her friends are at the babysitters - I will also send cupcakes and treats over there - then the cake on the ship - she should be birthday partied out! My birthday is the day we get off the ship - I'm definately too old to be celebrating birthdays - but DH insists we'll celebrate somehow - that's what I'm afraid of?!?

Just got back from running around town - freezing my tushy off - if I keep thinking of fun in the sun :sunny: We'll get through winter that much faster - or at least I can pretend!

I know all about men being babies when they are sick - DH just got over his annual bug -- he's usually pretty healthy -- but once a year - he gets hit pretty hard - but after about a week of his whining I'm ready to ship him off to timbucktoo - you would think that we never get sick and heaven help us when we do - not pity there!! Arent' men wonderful - can't live with or without them!

Gonna run - we'll have lots to celebrate when we get on the ship - birthdays, anniversaries - new friends - the whole kit and kaboodle!!:bounce:

Later!
Lisa :wave2:

mouse attack
01-20-2004, 01:59 PM
Hey cruise buddies! This is our first cruise and I wanted to know if My DH needed to bring his mess dress uniform(military version of a tux for any of the dinners?) What do you think?My countdown clock is set for the day before we actually start our vacation. So we start the real vacation ont he 15th of April and then the CRUISE on the 18th Wahoo!
Lisa:Pinkbounc

goofy601
01-20-2004, 02:50 PM
Hello!

My understanding of the "dress-code" aboard the ship is nice! There are no shorts or jeans for dinner - but a nice pair of dress pants for men is quite sufficient. If you plan on dining at Palo's a nice dinner jacket and nice shirt are all that is needed. On the 7 night cruise there is a formal night and that uniform would definately serve the purpose - but - I'm sure it would be quite nice to see a man all dressed up in uniform any night of the week. I have also heard that many people do not adhere to the "dress-code" that disney asks for...I did tell my family that they will look their Sunday best for dinner every night - I'm not asking for too much am I? My husband does not even own a tie - but I did get him several nice "dressy" type shirts - and he loves them and will wear them on the cruise and for church after that!

Staying cozy in Ohio! :sunny:

Lisa :teeth:

travel with kids
01-20-2004, 02:57 PM
Originally posted by disneysailor
Travel with Kids (Lee),

Since our 13 yr. old boys are both on the same floor and the same dining, maybe they will get to meet each other. Is your son looking forward to the cruise? I'm sure he'll have a great time! This will be a new experience for my son, since now he is old enough to try a new club. My daughter (10) will also be moving up to a different club. It's nice that they have something new to look forward to and my husband and I have some time alone to look forward to! Of course, I must admit that last time we were a little dismayed at how little time the kids wanted to spend with us since they were having so much fun. Now that we're prepared for this, we'll have to plan even more fun on our own!

Disneysailor--Yes. I am sure Alex would love to walk into the teenage group with at least one person he can call by name.

I hear you on the alone time with dh. My dh has a very nice job, but it does take away from family time. And when he is home, we do family stuff. We are getting away, just the two of us in Feb. We are going to Boston to spend two nights.

.............Lee

travel with kids
01-20-2004, 03:21 PM

We are much warmer than last week and we are all healthly--thanks. We are leaving April 16 (friday). I have no clue if this reflects on the counter or not. My dh did it many months ago. I have no clue how to change it.

Birthdays are huge at age 3!! I think you should have a birthday at home and on the cruise!!

My goodness - my little button making project is getting quite a few people added to it - this is so wonderful! The more the merrier as far as I am concerned!!

And thank you for doing it!! Let me know if I can help in any way!!

..........Lee

bostonlass
01-20-2004, 05:43 PM
Mouse - The dinner is right at the castle. I believe it's in the same restaurant that the breakfast is in. The only difference is that Cinderella is the only princess there at lunch and at dinner whereas at breakfast there are all or most of the others. Another difference though is that you're right in the castle when the fireworks go off which I've heard is awesome. If I couldn't get ressies for the breakfast I would have done the dinner but since I did we'll be at Ohana's instead. You should check out the other board on this site...I forget the name but it's where I found out all of this information regarding the restaurants and stuff. I think it's even called restaurants. Just click on the far left thingy on top that's called, "The DIS Discussion Forums" and it should be listed there. They also have one discussing the various hotels in the vicinity so I was able to get a review of the one we'll be at.

If you don't get the dinner reservations take a look at Ohana's at the Polynesian. Most of the people are saying that the kids have an absolute blast. They have hula contests and coconut races (i have no clue what those are) and the food looks absolutely fabulous. I also like the fact that you can order low-carb there, though lemme tell ya I won't be doing a strict diet while I'm on vacation. ;)

I have a question for all of you....when are you buying the kids' clothes....bathing suits, shorts, etc. My kids grow like weeds and although I'm dying to buy a bunch of stuff now I'm so scared that they'll grow out of it by April :earseek: Actually I have the same problem with me since I'm dieting and don't really know what size I'll be.

Is anyone going on either of the Atlantis excursions? I've always loved looking at that hotel but have never been able to go there so it's definitely on my list. The kids want to see the Dig and other parts of it. I"m just in a dilemma on whether to do it via the cruiseline or go by ourselves. They charge $25 per person and then under 3 is free so it seems like it's the same price just about to do it either yourself or with the tour.

Well..time for spelling homework! It's funny but Emily had a project that we finished up last night and part of it was to find a landmark in the country of one of your ancestors so we picked the Blarney stone from Ireland since I'm Irish and I guess if you kiss the stone you get the gift of the gab..............................well I haven't stopped talking since I printed out a picture of it! :hyper: :hyper:

ciao:wave:

travel with kids
01-20-2004, 07:38 PM

I have a question for all of you....when are you buying the kids' clothes....bathing suits, shorts, etc. My kids grow like weeds and although I'm dying to buy a bunch of stuff now I'm so scared that they'll grow out of it by April :earseek: Actually I have the same problem with me since I'm dieting and don't really know what size I'll be.

I live 10 minutes from tax free outlet city!! I buy clothes all the time in sizes I hope my kids will grow into. If I miss it, then I don't feel bad donating them. I only do this on very reduced priced items. We usually go to FL in Feb. Even then LL Bean would have their spring clothes out. I am going shopping (girls day out with Liz, her two best freinds-twins and their mom) one weekend in March.

I wish I could say I am loosing punds, but I am not. It could be to the fact that I keep EATING!!! OH! I hate being a stressful eater.

Is anyone going on either of the Atlantis excursions? I've always loved looking at that hotel but have never been able to go there so it's definitely on my list. The kids want to see the Dig and other parts of it. I"m just in a dilemma on whether to do it via the cruiseline or go by ourselves. They charge $25 per person and then under 3 is free so it seems like it's the same price just about to do it either yourself or with the tour.

We will be doing Atlantis. We are doing a day pass with Comfort Suites (?--I think this is the name). The search program is down, so I can not confirm this. I will get back to you on this.

Well..time for spelling homework! It's funny but Emily had a project that we finished up last night and part of it was to find a landmark in the country of one of your ancestors so we picked the Blarney stone from Ireland since I'm Irish and I guess if you kiss the stone you get the gift of the gab..............................well I haven't stopped talking since I printed out a picture of it!

Been there, done that. It does work!! I was once shy and reserved.....one kiss on the Blarney Stone......... and many pints later....I was a different person!!::yes::

disneysailor
01-20-2004, 09:35 PM
Mouseattack- I don't know if anything has changed, but on our last cruise Triton's was the most formal restaurant. Some people were dressed very formally (sequins, tuxes, etc.) while others simply wore dress slacks/inf. dress and sports jackets. I guess you need to go with whatever will make you and your DH the most comfortable. I'm sure his dress uniform would make for some great formal pictures though!

My husband and I stayed next door to the Atlantis about 5 yrs. ago (we couldn't get reservations there due to a ScooDoo (sp.?) convention. Anyway, at that time, you could walk through all the grounds and aquariums for free but couldn't use the water slides and pools. It's too bad they've changed that policy, but it was beautiful.

Travel with Kids- My husband travels a lot too so it really is great when we have time together. I hope you have a great time in Boston. My children spent the night at my sister-in laws this weekend and we ended up going on a hot date to Friendly's and Home Depot. The scary thing is- I really had a good time!

I guess everyone really must be tired of this winter weather if you're already planning your spring/summer shopping. Keep thinking those warm weather thoughts!

travel with kids
01-21-2004, 04:09 PM

Travel with Kids- My husband travels a lot too so it really is great when we have time together. I hope you have a great time in Boston. My children spent the night at my sister-in laws this weekend and we ended up going on a hot date to Friendly's and Home Depot. The scary thing is- I really had a good time!

LOL!! I have been on many of those dates!! Our get away trip is not until Feb 20. Our Ann. is on the 21!!:love2: I'm glad you had fun with your dh on your date!!

ok--I have to go play Yu-Gi-Oh with ds. (it is our way of staying in touch--It could be worse--it could be war hammer-lord of the rings!!)

..............Lee

mouse attack
01-22-2004, 07:28 AM
Hi Girls, Just wanted to update everyone on my DD's surgery. Yesterday she had a growth removed from her nasal cavity which they thought was just one but wound up being a cluster and thent hey removed her adenoids which the Doc said in his words wer HUGE! She is home recovering and doing fine she has a little swelling and looks like a little chipmunk! Talk about being a scared little Mommy! I hated not having control over what was happening to my little DD. Anyway, all is well and I offically got on the scale at the hospital and I am 32 lbs lighter than I was when we got here in August! Wahoo...... Look out bathing suit her I come, but not yet....
Lisa

mouse attack
01-22-2004, 07:39 AM

I guess everyone really must be tired of this winter weather if you're already planning your spring/summer shopping. Keep thinking those warm weather thoughts!

Sailor,

This is so funny I have had those same kind of dates with my DH. And we too have a good time oddly enough! Isnt it hysertical?
Lisa

travel with kids
01-22-2004, 03:20 PM
mouse attack-- {{{{{{{}}}}}} hugs to you, dd and family. :goodvibes We sent her hope for a speedy recovery.

Congrats on the weight loss!! :jumping1:

Another cold snap heading in this weekend. Tomorrow I go skiing. brrrrr!!

Stay warm:sunny: ............Lee

disneysailor
01-22-2004, 05:06 PM
Mouse attack- Glad you've all made it through the surgery. Kids seem to bounce back quickly so hopefully she'll feeling great in no time.

Congratulations on the weight loss. That's really impressive. How did you do it? I had foot surgery last week and with the reduced activity I've actually gained a couple of pounds. Not exactly the direction I was going for. Keep up the good work!

Travel with kids-Hope you don't turn into an icicle tomorrow. I know they're calling for wind chills in the single and negative digits again tomorrow!

Hope everyone has had a great day!

bostonlass
01-23-2004, 05:37 PM
Is anyone else's email function not functioning? Here I was thinking no one has been talking here for a while and now I just checked and Lisa's daughter had surgery, Lisa drops over 30 pounds and Lee's gonna go freeze on the slopes:earseek:

geesh :p

I hope your little one heals up quickly Lisa. They do bounce back quicker than we tend to recover from all the worrying. What are you doing to lose weight? My bf and I have gained a pound but I think its' the Captain Morgan's. :crazy: We started drinking it last week because there isnt' any carbs in it (I wrote the company) and I think that's what it is.

My daughter has her first confession tomorrow and she's been literally freakin' out that she's going to forget her act of contrition in the middle of it. I keep telling her that the priest will help and not to worry since she'll be in the booth anyways but she's sooooooo nervous. I can't wait till it's over!!!!

Bundle up everyone....it's cooooooooooold out there!!!!

ciao

bridget

mouse attack
01-25-2004, 06:54 PM
Hi All I just wanted to say thank you for your prayers and kind thoughts about my DD and her surgery. Everything went fine and she is going back to school tom! YAHOO!I figured if she can fight with her little brother she can go to school... So with that my sister came up from NY to see me for my birthday and for DD surgery and to just relax after her ordeal. Then my Dad and Mom came up too! Then my Dad got sick went to the Hospital on the 22nd they released him and my Mom went back to Florida
yesterday and today I had to bring my Dad back to the hospital and they admitted him this time. So to say the least I am tired and I want a large DRINK! Where is my waiter! PLUS! I didnt want our thread on the next page. Boy I cant wait for April...

TTFN
Lisa:crazy:

disneysailor
01-25-2004, 07:06 PM
Lisa,
Glad to hear your daughter is feeling better-hope your dad is feeling better soon too. It sounds like your vacation will be well deserved and appreciated!

travel with kids
01-25-2004, 08:29 PM
mouse attack--I'll send my Cabana boy right over!!

Glad to hear that your dd is doing fine. Yes, I agree, if they can fight with siblings, then they are ready to head back to school!!

I am so sorry to hear about your dad. Hope all is well now. It is cold here in Maine right now. I am sure he will be happy to get back to FL.

Disneysailor & Bostonlass-- I did not go skiing on Friday--so no freezing. It was too cold. It is -8 F. last night it was -23F. My dh is a volunteer fireman (yes, they have those up here in Maine) and at 2:00 am, he was toned out (meaning a call) for a house fire. Brrr!

I am getting very excited for our cruise. 11 more Sundays. Did I count right?

Everyone stay warm:sunny: .........Lee

mouse attack
01-26-2004, 06:31 AM
Lee, Your cabana boy is very thoughtful LOL! He dinteven charge for the drinks... But I gave a great big tip! 11 Sundays sounds about right! I am totally counting the days... I am even am already thinking about my next cruise,Trying to convince DH we need it at the end of the year,so far he isnt going for it!

bostonlass
01-26-2004, 06:43 PM
We're gonna get totally creamed with snow on Wednesday so it looks like the kids prolly won't have school again. At this rate they'll be in school through July!!!

My bf and I have decided to take a cruise for our honeymoon. We set our date for the wedding to be in the evening on October 15 and we're looking to go on the Celebrity Century to the eastern carribean for 7 days starting the 16th. We're just waiting to see if he can switch his vacation week with a coworker. He has the week of Oct 9 off but my boss said no way to my going away since our year end is 9/30 and I'll be a busy bee. (she's such a peach :rolleyes: ) I am waiting on pins and needles to see if he can switch because otherwise we're getting married in Oct and honeymooning in January.

It's so cold I can't wait to go away!!!!

sopandbass
01-28-2004, 11:30 PM
We are so excited! We just signed up for the April 18th cruise on the Wonder! We're way down in steerage but happy to be on the ship. :D

We've been on lots of cruises but not a Disney cruise before. We were scheduled for a week on the Magic on January 10th but our DD-3 got ill just before we were to leave for the airport. We have rescheduled that trip for next January and hadn't really decided what to do in the near future. Well, yesterday DD-3 looked at me with her huge, brown eyes and said, "When do we get on the boat, Mommy?" I had no choice...I got online and started checking on availability and Voila! We're ready to go at this very moment.

See you in 12 more Sundays!

disneysailor
01-29-2004, 10:07 AM
Sopandbass-
Welcome a"board." I'm glad you're daughter's feeling better and you were able to change your travel plans (and get to plan an extra cruise as well!!).

It seems like the trip will be here before we know it!!!:Pinkbounc

Disney1fan2002
01-29-2004, 12:28 PM
Hi everyone!

Sorry I haven't been around. I am kind of freaking about the balance due date coming up in 3 weeks. We can afford the cruise from our tax refund, but we won't get that until March, so until then I have to figure out how to pay Disney. It's only money, right? LOL.

sopandbass...welcome! I think you were lucky to get on our cruise. I had heard it was sold out. Where are you from? Most of us here are from New England, with one Ohian. My nmae is Marie, and i have a 7, 5 and 4 yo. (well, he is still 3, but will be 4 Feb 26)
This will be mine and my husbands 2nd Disney cruise. We loved the 1st time we went, so this time we are bringing the kids!

Bostonlass, after April, you will be cancelling your other Cruise and booking with Disney again! LOL Ho wbout that snow storm???we got slammed! NOT. I am beginning to hate the weathermen in Boston.

Well, I am going to grabbed a quick nap while my husband is home.

Who else is looking forward to Survivor Sunday night??? WOOHOO

travel with kids
01-29-2004, 02:56 PM
Glad to have you on board. :wave:

I must admit, I am getting rather sad about cruising in April:( . We have usually gone to FL during Feb break. That will be here in two weeks and we will not be going. I hope I can make it through March!! DH and I will be going to Boston for our weekend away Feb 20-22:hug: . This will be the first time away since my cancer. I am sure we will have fun:happy1:, but it would be the best if we were in warm, sunny :sunny: FL!!

Everyone stay warm..........Lee

bostonlass
01-29-2004, 04:54 PM
Disneyfan - have you ever tried to do your taxes via hrblock.com? I have been using them for about two years now and I get the money within the week. I think there's also an option to get it the next day but I believe it depends on the type you're filing, i.e. short vs long version. You might want to look into it.

Lee - I have to admit that I'm pretty swamped lately but I apologize.....I have never really looked at your signature before. I'm so very glad that you have recovered. I knew a woman that I used to work with who went through the whole surgery/radiation/chemo and I have to say she had the best attitude in the world. I don't know if I could be as uplifted, though I think that when you have kids sometimes you do it for them when you don't have it in you.

Well I ordered three bathing suits via landsend from their overstock section.............good thing I haven't quit my diet yet!!!!

We booked our honeymoon two days ago and we'll be shipping on the Celebrity Century :) He was definitely NOT doing Disney!! lol. I will, however, be going on Disney again if the kids enjoy it. I'm already saving for a possible trip next February.

less than 80 days you guys!!!:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

sopandbass
01-29-2004, 11:39 PM
Well, I didn't realize the cruise was almost sold out - I'm even more thrilled that we got on the ship, then!

Disney1fan2002 - We're from Michigan but we visit relatives in Boston every year so we're "part-time" New Englanders. :jester:

Does anyone have an idea of what the weather will be like mid-April? I'm ready to pack. :Pinkbounc

mouse attack
01-30-2004, 02:44 PM
SopandBass,
What part of Micigan are you from My DH is form the thumb area and we now live in Maine thanks to the US Navy! I need the sun...:cool:

Disney1fan2002
01-31-2004, 07:43 AM
Hey! I just remembered something from our Wonder cruise in 2000 that I wanted to share. The tv's in the stateroom had a channel that shows the cam on the deck with the basketball court. It was about midnight one night, and I put the TV on and it showed Goofy playing basketball with some kids. My DH thought it was a pre-recorded tape they put in so as not to show an empty basketball court, and quite frankly, I was too tired to walk up and see for myself. But the point is, Goofy DID play basketball at some time with the kids, for them to have it on tape. I thought that was really cool. The kids looked older, like 13/14, but they still must of thought it was great to play ball with Goofy!

Also, it was super windy one night, you were literally thrown back by the wind, it was fun watching people challenge the wind and try to beat it!

Ok, I can't wait for April. The anticipation is killing me! I was putting laundry away last night, and the urge to pack was overwhelming. I think I am going to at least pack the kids suitcase. It will make me feel better! LOL:hyper:

mouse attack
01-31-2004, 09:12 PM
ok Is anyone going to do any excursions in Nassau? If so, whichones are you thinking about? I am thinkg of the dolphin one because I can take my DS 3 and DD7 that is if they want to be with us and not with the other kids...

SCOTTOHIOCPA
02-02-2004, 04:36 PM
The Thomas family is going too! Scott 40, Julie 39, Mindy 11, and Ryan 6.

We are planning to fly in from Canton, Ohio on Saturday evening. We have our reservation for Raddison resort at the port, so maybe we'll run into some of you there.

We're booked into room 6041. We are also planning to take the Blue Lagoon tour when in Nassau. We went to the Blue Lagoon 17 years ago on our honeymoon, and we went there again 4 years ago. This is our fourth cruise and third time Nassau, but our first on Disney.

After the cruise we're planning to go to the Magic Kingdom, Typhoon Lagoon, and Universal. This will be our thirteenth trip to the "world".

January weather for Ohio has been COLD. We have been surfing these cruise reviews to keep our minds off it!

Hope to hear from all of you soon!

travel with kids
02-02-2004, 08:01 PM
We are driving from Maine. Dh likes to drive!! We, too will be going to WDW after the cruise. Disney1fan2002 and her crew will be there also.

Are you Main seating or Late seating?

Yes, it has been cold this winter. We have February break soon from school. It will be hard not to go south.

Stay warm:sunny: and welcome the board!.........Lee

travel with kids
02-03-2004, 08:26 PM
Wow! I just read over the last week of postings..I sounded really depressed last week. I am not. Just a little upset that I am going to be here in Maine for February Break. Actually, we are going to visit my Father-in-law in NY Feb 13-16 and the then Dh and I go away for our getaway weekend Feb 20-22.:hug:

How is everyone doing after the Super Bowl? I completely missed the half time show. My ds,13 was entertained!!:eek:

It is late....I still have school work to do and I havn't eaten dinner yet!! ..........Lee

sopandbass
02-03-2004, 09:10 PM
mouse attack - We live near Pontiac but I grew up in the "thumb".

For those of you who have been on Disney Cruises before, will the ship being full detract from anything? Should we do anything differently?

April 18th seems so far away. pirate:

bostonlass
02-03-2004, 09:16 PM
Mouse - My dd's (7 and 8) and I will be going to the Atlantis excursion in Nassau. I forget which one it is but it's the shorter one that is offered. I want to get in some shopping too!!!! Thought it would be neat to get matching jewlery of some sort for the girls and I.

mouse attack
02-04-2004, 06:33 AM
ok gals! I am haveing a severe blue hair moment!(as I call them) Where can I find out what excursions are available to us? I never heard of the atlantis one! OMG I am so confused the ice is geting to my brain...:crazy:

SCOTTOHIOCPA
02-04-2004, 09:10 AM
You can find the shore excursions listed on the Official Disney Cruise Line website. I think you start by clicking the "fun onshore" link on the ribbon at the top of the first page. The prices are also listed. They also have a form you can download that you fax to them to reserve excursions as much as 60 days early. I don't know about most of the excursions, but the Dolphin one sounds like it sells out fast, maybe even before anyone sets foot on the boat.

We have late seating. Early seating was sold out when we booked in September. Can't wait to see what our rotation will be. Looks like everyone goes in the same order - T.A.P. -Tritons, Animator's, Parrot. We might try the first night at Palo, but we are still undecided.

goofy601
02-04-2004, 01:12 PM
WOW! We've added so many new people! Welcome! This is excellent! It's hard to believe that we are almost down to the single digits on our weeks count! We are paying our final payment tomorrow. We did our usual rapid refund with HRBlock - and WOW - it came the next day!!

I've been going through the children's clothes trying things on and deciding what is worthy of the ******. My poor oldest DS had only 2 outfits left after last season - so he got a new wardrobe - ****** worthy and for the rest of the summer!! DH keeps threatening me with how much NOT to pack!! But, the baby needs cute little dresses, and bows and ribbons and short sets and and and...I'll be good!!

I've got to get moving on my ribbons. We've added so many new families -- yeah!! I am trying to locate someone with a button maker - to make a cute button about us - the discussion board going on this ****** on these dates...anyone have one...I have ribbon and ideas -- but really want to get buttons made - with maybe our characters...and our disney computer names...sound good? Let me know! I've got lots of work to do!

Well, welcome again to everyone new! It's only a short time until we meet...

Oh, on the excursions - go to the Disney******.com site and it will take you to excursions for Nassau and Castaway Cay. Oh, and for my question on paying taxes to get off Nassau - it is definately included in our fees...just be certain to have a card (given to you by the ****** lines) and your passport or birth certificate and photo id on you at all times if you get off the ship (except for the private island - of course).

Gonna run - just got finished working - want to get a shower before I have to head out and pick up the little 2, pick up the oldest at school and get home before the middle one gets off the school bus -- it's a challege that only a mother can handle!:smooth:

See you all soon!:bounce: :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :bounce: :bounce: :Pinkbounc

travel with kids
02-04-2004, 09:59 PM
goofy601 -- why is "cruise" being ******? Maybe I am too tired. ........Lee

goofy601
02-05-2004, 06:33 AM
Lee: I noticed that in our posts! That is really strange - it's as if that has suddenly become a bad word. I guess if your going to use it you have to put it in "....." Very strange...I'll have to check around and see if the moderator will tell me why! Is it April yet? We're expecting rain that turns into freezing rain that turns into snow that covers ice...now that sounds like fun! NOT! Stay warm and healthy - our cruise is coming!:bounce: :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :bounce: :bounce: :Pinkbounc

goofy601
02-05-2004, 06:34 AM
I guess that cruise was only a bad word yesterday...in my previous post - it worked! Must of been a bad day for someone! Talk again soon!:bounce: :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :bounce: :bounce: :Pinkbounc

mouse attack
02-05-2004, 09:27 AM
Ok so I think I am being a little compulsive here! I just purchased the new passporter deluxe edition ,well you know I have to have it all or I think I am missing something! So, I have read through the one guide I have and I felt it wasnt enough information!OMG! I am losing it... WEll I am now waiting patiently by the mailbox well not by the mailbox its 27 out but still patiently for my new present. Ok I am getting excited for April can yo tell? I have a wicked bad cold and I am taking the real estate course and exam this month as well as all the other crstuff! With the little ones HELP! CALGON take me away...I seem to keep missing the cabana boy for my order!:wave2:

goofy601
02-05-2004, 06:50 PM
Ok - where is that cabana boy with my drink? It's raining - it's snowing - it doing something really ugly out there...I took off to go work out and turned right back around to my nice warm house.

I went exploring - and found that we were not the only ones being censored from using the word "cruise" - several others have tried spelling it different ways - kruise and cruz -- who knows - maybe an early April fool's joke...either way - too many cute posts about that one -- the best one was "we'll look back on this and laugh when we tell our children that "cruise" was a bad word!"

Gotta run - DH needs some sleep -- and the 'puter is in the bedroom - gonna curl up with a book and blankie and read a good book and wait for that cabana boy!!

:bounce: :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :bounce: :bounce: :Pinkbounc

travel with kids
02-05-2004, 07:29 PM
Ok-- goofy601 my cabana boy is on his way. :wave2:

That whole "bad word on the cruise" was weird. I thought you were playing with our heads. :smooth: I was trying to firgure it out. Sad, I kept thinking "what kind of clothes would her poor ds be wearing?"

Has anyone heard form the "Boston Group" of ladies? I think the super bowl was too much for them.

I, too am getting excited. OK ladies...dh & I have to go over all the bills and figure out the balances to our credit cards. :scared1: OMG!! On second thought, I will send my Cabana boy later!!! This promises to be an exciting evening!!!

talk later........Lee

Disney1fan2002
02-06-2004, 09:52 AM
I received the final bill in yesterday's mail. It included the excusion booklet. I do not think we will be doing any excursions. I think we are going to stay on the ship in Nassua, and at Castaway Cay we will be on the beach and maybe rent bikes. Very low-key.

It also included a specail dining request form....anyone with the main seating want to join the Real's from Mass? We are a family of five, so I think we can be seated with another family. :sunny:

mouse attack
02-06-2004, 05:23 PM
Ok Girls... My bad news... we have had to cancel our cruise!:( DH is in the USN and well his leave got cancelled:mad: I jsut cant believe it. Now we have to replan for another time I am so dissappointed I was looking so forward to meeting all of you. I have to stop now I am crying and I dont want to electricute myslef at the computer that would be jsut an dandy headline! Well, I wish you all well and it was great getting to know you here at the boards. If things chage and we are able to at least make it down jsut for some WDW instead I will give you all a jingle here at the board!:guilty: Bye bye

travel with kids
02-06-2004, 07:17 PM
mouse attack--{{{{{{{{{{}}}}}}}} I am sending you hugs.

I am so sorry to hear that you will not be on the cruise.:( I wish you and your family the best and please keep in touch. If there is anything we can do to help with the disapointment, please ask....Lee

goofy601
02-07-2004, 07:20 AM
Hey there everyone!
Here we are getting all excited about meeting one another and one of us gets that kind of news...that really stinks! I have to say that I am really disappointed - to take time away from you and your DH and most of all your children - really stinks!! I am so sad for you guys - please keep in touch! I told DH that I would like to try and plan another trip (maybe the longer one) in 2 years. Hopefully some of you might consider the same...

Well, I can't really be cheery after hearing that -- and of course to put the icing on the cake - it is SNOWING again! Somebody find me that little ground hog...I've really had enough of COLD and SNOW and ICE...

Take care everyone - stay warm - and healthy!!

DVCLady
02-07-2004, 07:46 PM
Think sunny weather laying on the beach at Castaway Cay Sipping a Konk Kooler.

:boat: :sunny: :scratchin

Almost time to book the shore excursions

DVCLady
02-09-2004, 02:32 PM
Bump, Bump:bounce: :Pinkbounc

goofy601
02-09-2004, 03:52 PM
:sunny: Well, it's a somewhat beautiful day! We have our cruise payed up - just waiting for our excursion information...DH and MIL definately want to get off the ship at Nassau and go to Atlantis - I want to sit back on my behind and enjoy the ship! Since our youngest DD (will have turned 3 a couple days before the cruise) has no interest in potty training - I'll probably be by this fountain thing that they talk about for non-potty trained little stinkers!princess:

I would love to sit near EVERYONE in our little chat group! That should be some request...first setting people - request to sit with the Hill family - and Disney will fall over!! We have our 6, my MIL and my DFriend, and her two DD's!! This is going to be grand!

Just a couple more pounds and I will definately fit into my summer clothes!:Pinkbounc I have been faithfully working 3-4 days a week and doing much better about eating...DH made me buy a protein shake mix - I cut out all red meat and have been watching what I eat other wise and loving every minute of it!!:teeth:

I have no idea exactly how much longer we have until our super de duper trip - but it's about 9 weeks away and I'm so excited...oh yeah - oh yah!

Isn't amazing what the :sunny: can do for my mood!?

Gotta run - gotta get dinner together (I won't have to cook for a week - :crazy: ) talk to you all soon!

SCOTTOHIOCPA
02-09-2004, 04:33 PM
Does anyone have late seating? We will probably starve to death by 8:30 but the early seating was booked. However, it will be to our advantage as far as enjoying our time at port and not having to hurry back to the boat. DD & DS will probably eat earlier and be in the children's programs while we eat.:earsgirl: :earseek:

I noticed that they sell buttons (lime green)on the DIS website for $1.75 each, so that may be an idea as far as how we could identify each other.

DW & I have a little time to ourselves this weekend, since my parents are taking the kids to Salt Fork lodge Sunday to Monday.( We bought them a gift certificate for Xmas and they are taking the kids!) When you give, you do receive tenfold!:bounce:

Gotta get back to work. Busy, busy, busy!:wave:

Take care everyone!

goofy601
02-10-2004, 05:32 PM
Ok - terribly disappointed here...when we reserved our cruise with our travel agent we booked for the early seating for eating - which we were told was no problem, and then today we received a call today from the travel agency we booked our cruise through and found out that our travel agent no longer works for them - telling us that we are eating at 8:30 for dinner...mind you after we paid our final payment several days ago and were again told that everything was arranged according to our requests...I did manage to control myself and asked the lady if I was going to receive some sort of discount on my youngest child for not eating dinner - since dinner was being served for her approximately a 1/2 hour after she goes to bed. After a few moments of silence - she said that she would check into why our family with a young child (only turns 3 five days before we board the ship) was bumped to second sitting. She did say that Disney tends to put families with children at the first seating -- so I guess that the 6 children we are bringing on board don't technically count as children?!? Is it normal for a cruise line that is so family oriented to serve dinner at such a late hour?

Ok - enough complaining! Only 9 more weeks until we cruise!:bounce:

Gotta run - have to meet my Dfriend at the gym...

bostonlass
02-10-2004, 05:43 PM
mouseattack - I'm so very sorry...I was really looking forward to meeting you!!!

Goofy - I know what you mean. When I first booked the trip I requested first seating. Then I was going to switch from Expedia to a different travel agent who would get us a bettter deal but he couldn't guarantee first seating so I said no. Then I found out later that we're actually on second seating. Took me a good hour on hold to get put on a waiting list. My kids normally go to bed at 8....9 on weekends but they literally are like lumps on a log at that time. I'd much rather have supper with them and have them fall asleep at one of the shows instead of falling down in their soup. Oh well...whatever will be will be I guess.

I'm trying to figure out what size I'll be for the trip. :rolleyes: I really want to buy a new dress but can't know how much weight I will have lost by then. Guess time will tell.

It's been in the 40's and sunny here so I'm thinking of spring and the cruise more and more!!

ciao!

goofy601
02-10-2004, 08:35 PM
Hello All!
After a good work out and lots of complaining to my dear friend - we worked out HARD!! Look out Mickey Mouse - we can kick bootie now!! :smooth:

Scottohiocpa - where did you find buttons for $1.75? I really need to figure out how to use my computer and go exploring more often!! Let me know - I was trying to come up with something to identify us to each other and this is a lot harder than I originally thought! BTW - I think it is so cool - that you the DH are posting for the family!! We'll gladly sit with you guys - and watch our kiddies sleeping in their soup! :teeth:

Bostonlass - good luck with the weight loss - I'm not losing anymore weight - but have been faithfully working out hard to try and tone up what's left...I was so excited yesterday when I tried on shorts from last summer and they were TOO BIG! I bought a pair of workout pants and they were TOO BIG! It's a far cry from a bikini body - but I've worked hard and will continue to work hard for my goal!

See everyone soon -- be sure and stop by the dining room and watch our kids and scottohiocpa's kids sleeping in their soup!

:rolleyes:

goofy601
02-10-2004, 08:37 PM
Sorry - Bostonlass - we'll be sitting with you guys too, watching our kiddies sleeping in their soup!! I'm so tired - I need to get a shower and get off to bed...I have to work tomorrow...nightie night!:o

travel with kids
02-11-2004, 06:03 PM
We have late seating, but wanted it. We eat late and at odd times. Both of my kids are fairly flexable about meal and bedtime. They are also on the older end (8 & 13) and can find food when they think they are going to die!!!

:jumping1: we just made our final payment to DCL!! We are paid in full. I am so relieved that nothing prevented us from going.

Good for you all for loosing weight. I got on the scale two days ago and I have gained 8 pounds since Jan. 1!!! What???!!! It is like two steps forward, nine steps back!!

Can't wait for April Vacation:sunny: ..........Lee

goofy601
02-11-2004, 06:28 PM
Hello All!

I am feeling much calmer today! I am excited because we have paid off the cruise before the deadline with our cruiseline...BUT - here's the question -- are the little eatery places on the ship - the pizza place and the hotdog place all part of the $$ we already paid...??? :confused: If that is the case - we don't have to worry too much about our 2 little ones going to sleep in their soup -- they would probably prefer to have pizza and hotdogs everyday anyways...strange thing about little ones and those kind of foods!! :crazy: Our older 2 are usually pretty good about scavenging what they want for food - and could probably eat 24 hours a day if we let them...

DH just took off for the gym - he's doing well also -- he's not spilling the beans on weight loss - but he has been complaining that his work pants are falling off...hmmm... :earseek:

Well, I should run - I just wanted to post and say HI and of course get some more posts on our site!

:hyper:

:earsboy: :earsgirl: :earsgirl: :earsboy: :earsboy: :earsgirl:

SCOTTOHIOCPA
02-11-2004, 10:05 PM
Hey Goofy601 and everybody!

I'm looking at a copy of a Navigator (daily itinerary) for the day at sea. Pinocchio's is open from 11 to 6 for FREE pizza!

Pluto's dog house is open from 11 to 9:30 for FREE hamburgers, hot dogs, chicken breasts and chicken tenders!

Scoops ice cream is open from 11:30 - 8:00 for FREE ice cream!

Most of the time we'll probably let our kids eat something around 5:00 from these places, then go see a show with them at 6:00, then let them go to the OC while my DW and I enjoy a quiet dinner together.

Thanks for the compliment about a DH posting, but to be truthful, my DW and I like to read all these posts together after the kids are in bed. So, our posts are usually a team effort.

The buttons we mentioned are available for sale here on this website. Look on the main for "DIS SHOP" or something. There are generic lime green buttons for $1.25 and there are fancy personalized ones for more money. I think we will order at least two of them.

Well, time to go.

::MickeyMo ::MinnieMo

goofy601
02-12-2004, 06:40 AM
:sunny: Hello All!

Thank you to Scottohiopta - for putting our whole family at ease! That will certainly make life a lot easier for our entire family - we do make it a habit to sit down and have good dinners (meat, potatoes, veggies...), but the kids certainly enjoy the fun dinners! They were quite pleased to hear that they could get pizza from Goofy, etc!

I will have to go exploring today and see if I can find those buttons - it will would definately save me from hunting down a button maker...:bounce: :bounce:

Gotta run - PTA this morning and still one more to get off to school! Only how many more weeks to go...??? YEAH! I'm getting to be as bad as the kids - but that's definately quite ok!

:earsboy: :earsgirl: :earsgirl: :earsboy: :earsboy: :earsgirl: and :earsgirl: and:earsgirl: :earsgirl: :earsgirl: Whew - that's EVERYONE we're traveling with!!

SCOTTOHIOCPA
02-12-2004, 09:27 AM
I just ordered two green buttons for me and my DW. We'll wear them on Saturday at the Raddison and Sunday at embarkation.

I customized them to say:

SCOTTOHIOCPA
SCOTT
DISBOARDS
WONDER APRIL 2004

SCOTTOHIOCPA
JULIE
DISBOARDS
WONDER APRIL 2004

Here's the link:

http://www.disshop.com/store.asp

bostonlass
02-12-2004, 04:48 PM
Has anyone here estimated how much money they'll be spending in addition to what's already paid? There's a thread on the main board and frankly I'm a wee bit shocked at how much people have spent above and beyond the actual cruise!:earseek:

goofy601
02-12-2004, 05:39 PM
Hello!

Bostonlass: I know many people that feel that all those plastic toys and other "throw away" items are must haves for their families. We have already told our children that we are going on this trip as a family - and that's a big gift...and that the Easter bunny would probably be bringing them a little this or that for the trip...we did that a couple years ago when we went to a resort in Canada - the gifts that they got leading up to that event were related to the trip...sand buckets for easter baskets, and sunglasses and flip flops added to the specific birthday gift, etc.
We want to have a great time on the cruise - but really don't want to rack up the credit cards on things that won't make the trip home either.

We feel we got a great deal on our cruise - we saved a lot of money by going the week after spring break - and even got an extra day out of the trip...plus spending a day here or there on the way down and back up - we even went with less expensive rooms - all I figure we're going to do in those rooms is sleep and change clothes -- since we're a larger family - we had to take two rooms - DH and the boys in one and me and the girls in the other...we have friends who booked a similiar cruise - for just the DH and DW and are spending almost 3x as much as we are for all 6 of us! Sometimes it amazes me how far a dollar can get stretched and STILL have TONS of FUN! We plan on having lots of fun -- but want to come home with our shirts at the same time...anything is possible! The only thing that I actually plan on spending extra (besides a possible excursion or floaties for the kids on Castaway Cay)...are a couple of photographs taken by the ships photographers - I'll be darn if I'm not sharing our great memories with EVERYONE in our Christmas cards! LOL!

We're getting closer...::MickeyMo ::MinnieMo ::MinnieMo ::MickeyMo ::MickeyMo ::MinnieMo

bostonlass
02-12-2004, 07:56 PM
I think it was just a healthy reality check for me to do the math and figure out exactly how much I really will need to bring. I think that now that I am looking at it in front of me I can see some things that I can eliminate here and there without eliminating any of the fun.

I can't wait!!!:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

travel with kids
02-12-2004, 10:18 PM
Disneysailor- Just paid our balance and will go over the excursions this weekend. Will your DS be doing the Nassua teen group? I can not think of the name and DH has the books in his office (aka-bathroom). It is the night boat trip around the island--or something like that. My DS does not know if he wants to or not. Any thoughts about this on your end.

travel with kids
02-12-2004, 10:21 PM
Originally posted by SCOTTOHIOCPA
I just ordered two green buttons for me and my DW. We'll wear them on Saturday at the Raddison and Sunday at embarkation.

I customized them to say:

SCOTTOHIOCPA
SCOTT
DISBOARDS
WONDER APRIL 2004

SCOTTOHIOCPA
JULIE
DISBOARDS
WONDER APRIL 2004

Here's the link:

What a great idea. I will order my family some also. Did you order some for the kids or just the adults?

SCOTTOHIOCPA
02-13-2004, 08:46 AM
Travel with kids -

We just ordered buttons for the adults. ::yes::
They shipped my order the same day!

disneysailor
02-13-2004, 02:14 PM
Hi all! Yeah, the cruise is paid for (well, sort of, we haven't received our credit card bill yet) and we are ready to go! :Pinkbounc

Scottohiocpa (and Mrs. Scottohiocpa!) welcome to this board. I'm sure my dd10, Becky, will enjoy meeting your dd11.

Mouse attack- I was so sorry to read that you will not be joining us. I hope you're able to plan another trip soon.

From travel with kidsJust paid our balance and will go over the excursions this weekend. Will your DS be doing the Nassua teen group? I can not think of the name and DH has the books in his office (aka-bathroom). It is the night boat trip around the island--or something like that. My DS does not know if he wants to or not. Any thoughts about this on your end.l
I'm not sure if my son will be doing the Nassau excursion. The deal we tried to make with the kids is that they will need to have dinner with us and hopefully go to some of the shows with us (they didn't really love the shows last time). Also, without knowing which dinner rotation we have, I don't know which restaurant he'll miss and I'm looking forward to getting some family pictures! I'm also not sure about having him go off on a boat by himself, it doesn't take much to make me nervous. If iit is something he decides he REALLY wants to do, we'll discuss it more. I think he is interested in doing the Wildside excursion on Castaway Cay though. Is there anyone else with a teenager? I don't think so- I feel so old!

Keep counting the days away!!!

SCOTTOHIOCPA
02-16-2004, 03:00 PM
Our lime green DIS buttons arrived today via UPS.

Only 2 more days until we can book excursions!:earsboy: :earsgirl: :earsgirl: :earsboy:

We plan on going to the Blue Lagoon at Nassau and just renting floats and bikes at CC. We might rent a hobie cat, but it's been 20 years since I sailed so maybe we better stick to sea kayaks instead.

goofy601
02-16-2004, 06:25 PM
WOW - you got your buttons fast! That is excellent - I still need to get on the ball and order ours!

Only 59 days to go!!! I am in desperate need of this vacation. I just got home from 6 hours in the emergency department at our local hospital. My youngest DS decided to take a header off of the oldest DS's bunk bed - we live in a slab house and our land lord did exactly use the thickest carpet or padding -- needless to say - he's bruised and a little scrambled - but OK! He did like the ride through the big donut (cat scan machine). He's been telling everyone that will listen to him that he rode through a giant donut!

Gotta run - the youngest DD is in need of mommy time!

It's almost cruise time!:bounce: :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :bounce: :bounce: :Pinkbounc

travel with kids
02-16-2004, 09:17 PM
From travel with kids
I'm not sure if my son will be doing the Nassau excursion. The deal we tried to make with the kids is that they will need to have dinner with us and hopefully go to some of the shows with us (they didn't really love the shows last time). Also, without knowing which dinner rotation we have, I don't know which restaurant he'll miss and I'm looking forward to getting some family pictures! I'm also not sure about having him go off on a boat by himself, it doesn't take much to make me nervous. If iit is something he decides he REALLY wants to do, we'll discuss it more. I think he is interested in doing the Wildside excursion on Castaway Cay though. Is there anyone else with a teenager? I don't think so- I feel so old!

Keep counting the days away!!!

Wow!! Some really good points. I would be really disapointed if he missed out on a great evening with his family. DH and I never even considered ds missing out on a dinner rotation. Of course, he will want to be there on certain evenings. I think we will wait and see what happens once we get on the boat. Ds is going to do the Castaway Cay teen excursion.

And yes, I too feel old!!!........Lee

travel with kids
02-16-2004, 09:23 PM
Glad your ds is ok. That must have been very scary. How old is he?

Yes! I think we are all in need of this vacation!!

goofy601
02-17-2004, 07:05 AM
:Pinkbounc Good Morning All!

travel with kids - my DS is 4 years old. He is quite the bruiser - but with the way he started screaming and the bruise on his face - it was panic city for me! Thankfully my other children asking silly questions put me at ease and I was able to drive him to the hospital...and of course - it was a holiday and a Monday and everyone in the free world was sick or injured! What a day! Thankfully it is over - we'll just keep an extra eye on him over the next couple of days -- and of course - last night we caught him back up on our oldest DS's bunkbed again - "I wanna watch toons with 'fifer!" (our oldest ds's name is Cristopher!)

disneysailor - I have fears of my children being on water without me also - my dd and her friends would like to do some excursions with the teens - my dd is 12 1/2 and her friend is 11 -- I don't remember from the excursions list which ones they will be allowed to do age wise - but they'd love to try everything if they could!! Hopefully they will just enjoy sitting next to the pool or by the ocean and just enjoy the view - ha! Not those two! Adventure is their middle name!!

Only 58 days to go...

travel with kids
02-17-2004, 07:12 AM
OK...I can not find the Dis board buttons...?

goofy601
02-17-2004, 07:14 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

this is the link from scottohiocpa!

travel with kids
02-17-2004, 07:18 AM

disneysailor
02-17-2004, 07:28 AM
goofy601- I am so glad your son is ok. What an awful way to spend your day. I don't imagine you'll be letting your younger son sleep on the top bunk on vacation!

I just wrote a long post but it all disappeared when I hit submit, so here is a short one. Have any of you had that happen? It's happened to me twice now.

disneysailor
02-17-2004, 07:38 AM
From GoofyI have fears of my children being on water without me also - my dd and her friends would like to do some excursions with the teens - my dd is 12 1/2 and her friend is 11 -- I don't remember from the excursions list which ones they will be allowed to do age wise - but they'd love to try everything if they could!! Hopefully they will just enjoy sitting next to the pool or by the ocean and just enjoy the view - ha! Not those two! Adventure is their middle name!!

Lisa, I don't think they would let the younger kids sign up for the teen excursions but there are only a couple anyway and I"m sure they'll be real happy with everything that is offered in the kids clubs.

How many of you have signed up for excursions? On our last three day cruise, I was as sick as I've ever been in my life for 24 hours of our trip. I do get motion sickness, but I defiantly believe this was escargot sickness. I don't know what possessed me to try it, but contrary to what our servers said, I'm sure the slimy stuff was the culprit since I spoke to another woman the last day of the cruise who was very sick and had eaten the same thing. NOw it seems that we would have both been quaranteened for the remainded of our vacation. My roundabout point is that I would like to enjoy as much on the ship as possible while I can since I figure most of the excursion stuff I can do on regular vacations. What are your thoughts?

travel with kids
02-17-2004, 07:40 AM
disneysailor--yes, I too have had a message erase after I have typed it and hit the sumbit button.

Thanks again for the very helpful information you gave us (dh & myself) regarding the teens and their excursions. This is exactly why I love this board!! DS is going to wait until we are on board to make his excursion choices.

It is cold here today -4F. Stay warm:sunny: ....Lee

sopandbass
02-17-2004, 07:44 AM
i'm so glad your son is okay. how scary! i'm always amazed at how resilient kids are - probably more so than us older kids.

only a couple of months left until we leave for the cruise - oh, there I go, using that bad word. :smooth:

travel with kids
02-17-2004, 07:53 AM

How many of you have signed up for excursions? On our last three day cruise, I was as sick as I've ever been in my life for 24 hours of our trip. I do get motion sickness, but I defiantly believe this was escargot sickness. I don't know what possessed me to try it, but contrary to what our servers said, I'm sure the slimy stuff was the culprit since I spoke to another woman the last day of the cruise who was very sick and had eaten the same thing. NOw it seems that we would have both been quaranteened for the remainded of our vacation. My roundabout point is that I would like to enjoy as much on the ship as possible while I can since I figure most of the excursion stuff I can do on regular vacations. What are your thoughts?

This is exactly how we are feeling. We started out signing up for everything, then cut back. We had friends who went to Nassua last year (Atlantis) and returned with a 'don't bother'. We thought about Blue Lagoon, but decided that the next day we would be in Castaway Cay and we don't have to pay to get there!! DH, DS & DD are not the sit on the beach type people (I am) they have to do do do!!

As far as the seasickness goes.....I'm crossing my fingers!! We are usually not the motion sickness type, but just incase I'm bringing motion sickness medicine with us. And food poision...YIKES!!

.....Lee

disneysailor
02-17-2004, 07:59 AM
Lee- Just a little word of warning, I have read on a few different posts that the teen excursion on Castaway Cay fills up quickly, so if your son decides he really wants to do it, you might want to sign up ahead. I don't remember the cost, but it didn't seem too bad, especially if you get to keep the snorkel gear all day since it is pretty expensive to rent it for the day. Does anyone have any information about this?

goofy601
02-17-2004, 08:37 AM
WOW! I went back and check out the age groupings - yep - DD and friend are going to be disappointed they are NOT teenagers on this trip! Whew - that saves me from a couple of things I wasn't sure I wanted them to do anyways!!

sopandbass - thank you for your thoughts on my son! He's a handful - but has actually slowed down since his younger sister has been up and walking around. Letting her show her true colors - and aren't they pretty! She's a little stinker in a princess disquise!princess:

disneysailor - a top bunk? Oh no - please no more top bunks! He's feeling a little better - but still kinda lumpy today -- we have to watch him for the next couple of days - if his bump on his face gets worse we take him back -- hopefully he's back to himself by tomorrow.

Thankfully I am allergic to sea food and do not have to worry about trying slimy things!! I've heard some horror stories - I found out the hard way about my allergies - ate some lobster and WOW - sicker than a dog -- it was not pretty! If all else fails - and I'm not sure what I'm eating - a nice veggie salad or fruit salad will work just fine for me!

As for us and excurions - DH and MIL want to do the Atlantis trip - I told DH the same thing - it if it's that important to go - why not just make our next big family trip to Atlantis -- I have no interest in a LONG walk to have the kids tired and whiney - neither of which is pretty!! I did want to try and get a couple of the packages that have snorkeling stuff and a bike ride and floaties -- on CC~ that way we can all do a little of this and that -- and just enjoy the beach. Thankfully - the kids can still enjoy the "groups" on the island and I don't have to worry about water activities -- a big fear for me - because it says that counselors don't take the kids in the water while they are participating in island activities!:sunny:

travelwith kids - save me a spot on the beach next to you - I want to sit and relax as much as possible and a cozy spot on the beach sounds just smashing - hey where's the cabana boy with our nice cool drinks? I'm going to let DH do the running with the kids on the island - I'll run on the ship with our youngest DD (she's not potty trained and there's no end in sight - so no pool for her ~ she unfortunately has a little medical problem that doesn't allow her to have a BM on her own and potty training comes a little harder for her - hopefully we work it out before she's in high school - LOL ~ since we've been dealing with this since birth - we definately try to look at the lighter side)

Going to run - want to get in a shower and get some stuff done around here...vacation is coming - vacation is coming...YEAH!

SCOTTOHIOCPA
02-17-2004, 09:35 AM
Goofy601 -

Glad your little one is on the mend.

Two years ago my DW and I went out to Atlantis in the evening and played in the casino for a while, then we walked around the grounds. We thought it was really nice, so we looked into booking a trip there last year. Also, my friend here at work went there last year. We changed our minds when we saw the prices - The lowest price for a room was about $400 per night. Food is also outrageous - my friend decided not to get the prepaid meal plan, until they went to breakfast - 2 adults, 2 kids age 3 & 4. Their breakfast was over $60! After that they paid the $200 per day for the meal plan. So, going to Atlantis from the ship may be not be such a bad idea.

If you would like to go to a really nice beach in Nassau without a lot of expense, you can get a taxi out to paradise island for about $4 per person each way. There is a public access next to the Sheraton hotel (I need to verify if this is the correct hotel). You can go out on the beach and enjoy yourselves for as long as you want. This is the same beach as the Atlantis beach. If DW and I weren't so eager to show our kids the island we went to on our honeymoon, we would probably do this ourselves.

bostonlass
02-17-2004, 09:48 AM
Goofy - Sorry to hear about your son and I hope he truly is on the mend. My dd's had bunk beds but after about 6 months of my biting my nails I broke them down and now they're safely low to the ground :)

I totally understand about not wanting to walk a long way with kids. I originally wanted to do the Atlantis thing but the more I read the more I think not. I guess they don't treat the cruisers as well as the actual hotel guests so I'm not into paying a whole heap of money to be treated poorly. I am seriously considering doing the dolphin encounter though but I haven't decided whether to do it through Disney or through the encounter people directly. I guess directly you have to leave right after the encounter while through Disney you get to stay at the lagoon as long as you'd like and they serve you lunch to boot.

Ok I'm calendar challenged over here...............anyone know the exact day we can start booking excursions? Is it tomorrow or Thursday? I hear the dolphin one books up before the first day ends so I want to do it early if that's what I decide to do.

I can't wait to meet you all.....travel-with- kids, Emily keeps asking about your daughter and can't wait to meet her. It's so darn cold up here that I wanna go now and be on my beach chair feeling that warm breeze and listening to the waves of the ocean!!!!!!!!

Gonna go order our buttons!

Bridget

DVCLady
02-17-2004, 01:18 PM
60 days left!!

:bounce: :Pinkbounc bump, bump

DVCLady
02-17-2004, 01:21 PM
Has anyone reserved excursions yet?

goofy601
02-17-2004, 01:24 PM
:sunny:

DVClady - our travel agent said that we would get our excursion information with our tickets in 3 weeks - from the date that we paid our final bill...by the time we get that all of the excursions will be booked! Oh - wasn't too much we wanted to do except get a couple of the packages on CC for the family to do a variety of activities - snorkling, floaties, riding bikes...we'll just have to wait and see!

SCOTTOHIOCPA
02-17-2004, 02:40 PM
For those of you who want to reserve shore excursions -- tomorrow is the first day they will take them! Here's the number so you don't have to look it up. 1-877-566-0968 ::MickeyMo ::MinnieMo ::MinnieMo ::MickeyMo

disneysailor
02-17-2004, 02:42 PM
Hi all,
Bostonlass-In answer to your excursion booking question, I called Disney this morning to book the Wild Side excurision for my son who has now decided that he wants to do it. She took all the information but when she tried to book it she saidn it wouldn't work and then when she checked the computer again, she said that it is because our 60 day mark wouldn't be until tomorrow. The phone number is 1-877-566-0968

Hope this helps.

disneysailor
02-17-2004, 02:45 PM
OOPS, Sorry for the double reply. Scottohiocpa, you must have been typing at the same time. Now that I'm trying to finish typing before they kick me out of the system I notice I am making a lot of typos beside.

I got a reply from the one of the webmasters that this has been happening to others too.

travel with kids
02-17-2004, 03:36 PM
Hi all,
Bostonlass-In answer to your excursion booking question, I called Disney this morning to book the Wild Side excurision for my son who has now decided that he wants to do it. She took all the information but when she tried to book it she saidn it wouldn't work and then when she checked the computer again, she said that it is because our 60 day mark wouldn't be until tomorrow. The phone number is 1-877-566-0968

Hope this helps.

I called Disney this morning all excited and did the same thing. When the very nice lady told me I was not 60 days out. What??!! So, I stayed on line as I counted it out in my head, then looked on the calendar---oops! February has 29 days this year:rolleyes:

The lady was very nice and told me to call back on the 18th!!

I think we are all too excited...Lee

travel with kids
02-17-2004, 03:43 PM
I can't wait to meet you all.....travel-with- kids, Emily keeps asking about your daughter and can't wait to meet her. It's so darn cold up here that I wanna go now and be on my beach chair feeling that warm breeze and listening to the waves of the ocean!!!!!!!!Bridget

Yes, Liz is very excited to meet Emily.

And it is cold here also. This is Winter School Vacation Break for us. Tonight I am going out with a friend. Brrrr!!! If not for that, I would stay inside and keep planning for the cruise.:sunny: ...Lee

goofy601
02-17-2004, 03:53 PM
Hello All!

In my spare time (betwee spring cleaning) I sat down and reread all of our posts! Wow! We have a really wonderful group going with us on our cruise! I am so excited!:Pinkbounc

It was nice and sunny :sunny: today. It was still cold - but definately not nearly as cold as it has been! BRRRR! Spring is coming - I just know that I'm going to see that robin here any second now...come on robin - I go back to work full-time March 1st at our local green house - and it's WAY too cold out there - but I've got my cold weather gear - warm boots, snow pants and parka -- I would really prefer it if I didn't have to wear all that! Come on SPRING!! Besides all that what grows in MARCH - besides our children...lol!:scratchin

Gotta run (again) I have to go get my eyes checked - DH thinks I'm going blind in my old age - and I haven't had my eyes checked since I had Connor and that was over 4 years ago -- oops!:crazy:

See you all soon!:bounce: :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :bounce: :bounce: :Pinkbounc

travel with kids
02-17-2004, 09:33 PM
I just figured out your disboard name -- ok DH saw the name and had to tell me!!:rolleyes: I think you and DH are too much of the "A" type!!! I thought it had to do with Mary Poppins!!:)

.....Lee

DVCLady
02-18-2004, 12:04 AM
I got my excursion info today. Anyone try the glass bottom boat in CC? :wave2:

For those of you that have taken the western cruise;
my hubby wants to know if the blue lagoon beach is nicer then rum point beach. He didn't like the rum point beach when we went to Grand Cayman.

disneysailor
02-18-2004, 07:32 AM
DVC Lady- Did you book through Disney? We haven't received any information through the mail yet, maybe it's because we just paid our balance off about 5 days ago. We booked through DU, I don't know if that makes a difference.

I did book the Wild Side excursion for my son this morning. At first he didn't come up in their computer as being a teenager. I told them he is DEFINATELY a teenager, just spend a few minutes here and that would be clear! She told me that you could rent the rafts,etc. ahead of time but I couldn't decide what to do about that yet. Since my son's excursion meets at 8:20 , I figure we'll be up and out fairly early:o so I don't think it will be a problem to get a raft.

Good luck with booking your excursions!

travel with kids
02-18-2004, 08:18 AM
I rolled out of bed at 7:55am (remember...I am on my school vacation!!) to call this morning. After I reserved the Wild Side for DS it was 8:20 and ds was still snoring!! LOL!!! He should sleep well that night.

Yestersday I made shuttle reservations from the Radisson to the terminal. Is anyone else staying there? I should go back over the postings.

Are any of you doing gift baskets? I mentioned it briefly at Christmas time to my mil, she wants to give us money to have gift baskets sent to the room for the kids. Would it be better to just let the kids pick out their own thing while on the cruise? (dh has a budget that would make the IRS proud, we have spending $$$ for each child, each day...!!!) A surprise basket in the room would be nice and it would be from Grandma.

Stay warm:sunny: ......Lee

SCOTTOHIOCPA
02-18-2004, 09:06 AM
Travel with kids-

We are staying at the Radisson too! What time did you make your shuttle ressies for?

As for my screen name, it is also my aol name - Scottohiocpa@aol.com. Now that I see all the inventive names people have come up with, I wish I had been more original.

I have 6 mickey mouse items on my desk here at work, so I should have called myself mickey6 or something. :earsboy: :earsgirl: :earsgirl: :earsboy:

travel with kids
02-18-2004, 11:51 AM
We made ressies for the shuttle service for 10:30am.

When I called to make the ressie I spoke to a very nice man (paul??) who also confirmed our hotel reservation. Included in our park/stay deal are two free breakfast and under 10 is free!! that was a nice bonus!!

.....Lee

DVCLady
02-18-2004, 11:58 AM
I booked with DVC. I have always gotten the shore excursion info right at or near the 60 day mark. You get a little book and a sheet with the prices. . :wave:

goofy601
02-18-2004, 01:50 PM
We have not received ANYTHING from our travel agent yet and still can not reserve our excursions -- not that we have huge requests or anything - but it is a little annoying all together!!

DH finally decided that he is NOT getting off the ship at Nassau - he will just kick back and enjoy the view from the ship! As of this moment - MIL still wants to get off the ship and take a few photos just so that she can say she was there! :sunny: I do photo albums for each of my children and a family album -- maybe I'll have to "borrow" a couple of photos from grandma for the kiddie's books! :smooth:

As for the baskets - I was seriously thinking about surprising the kids with a little something in the rooms - they don't seem too bad and are really kinda cute!

Gotta run - got to pick up DD from after school tutoring and the little two from the babysitter - she told me I wasn't allowed to pick them up early this week -- to go home and enjoy myself! What a nice treat!!

pirate: princess: princess: pirate: princess: -- these were just to cute not to try once or twice!!

goofy601
02-18-2004, 01:51 PM
I didn't count out enough "guys"...pirate: princess: princess: pirate: pirate: princess: ...just too many people in this house!!

travel with kids
02-18-2004, 01:54 PM

Gotta run - got to pick up DD from after school tutoring and the little two from the babysitter - she told me I wasn't allowed to pick them up early this week -- to go home and enjoy myself! What a nice treat!!

OK--I sent you my cabana boy, could you please send me your babysitter?:) ....Lee

disneysailor
02-18-2004, 02:57 PM
from goofy601We have not received ANYTHING from our travel agent yet and still can not reserve our excursions

Did you try to call the disney number posted earlier (18775660968)to book your excursions? Although DU did not send us any info, I did receive an e-mail from them to call that number if I wanted to book any excursions. It was a Disney direct number and they only needed the disney type reservation number to book my excursion.

Good luck!

travel with kids
02-18-2004, 05:43 PM
This was the same for us. We did not receive any information from DU except an e-mail when we paid. I called Disney this AM and had no problems.

Have you received your confirmation on your final payment? it should have your confirmation #. Simply use that to make your ressie with DCL for the excursions.

DVCLady
02-18-2004, 07:13 PM
those of you that didn't get the info in the mail, The DCL site has the excursions listed with the phone #.

bostonlass
02-19-2004, 08:16 AM
I haven't received anything either but was still able to book our excursion. I booked the cruise through expedia.com and they had sent me a confirmation when I made my final payment. I actually had to email them though to request the confirmation number that Disney would recognize since the first one they gave me was an expedia-only number.

We booked the Atlantis tour after all. I asked if Emily wanted to kiss a dolphin and she had that deerintheheadlight look so I figured I wasn't going to spend a lot of money on something she might be too scared to do. :p

Scottohiocpa....I'm a cpa too!

Well I am off to look presentable...we have men coming over to do our bathroom over. It's cool...they fit a whole new bathtub/shower unit right over your old one. Supposedly it takes 2 to 3 hours but we'll see. I hope that's true since it's the only bathroom we have and ...well...what if one of us has gotta go!:earseek:

See you soon!!!!

SCOTTOHIOCPA
02-19-2004, 11:22 AM
We booked the Blue Lagoon trip yesterday. I can't wait to show our kids the island mom and dad went to on our honeymoon. My daughter Mindy, 11 has never snorkeled before, so I'll get to show her how.

My DW and I are trying to decide what to do during the evening at Nassau. We might skip the formal dinner and just grab a bite at the buffet, then go out to Atlantis for a little gambling (if we go without kids) or just look around the free areas (if we go with kids). We will probably wait and see what the show in the theatre is before we decide. We would not want to miss Disney Dreams.

Bostonlass - I think you will enjoy Atlantis. My DW and I were there 4 years ago. My favorite part is the shark tank. There are dozens of sharks swimming around and there is a plexiglass tube that runs through the middle of it. People going down the waterslide go through this tube on their way to the bottom of the slide! Atlantis has a website you can preview the tour, but I can't remember it's name. My DW is an accountant, too!
:earsboy: :earsgirl: :earsboy:

DVCLady
02-20-2004, 01:35 AM
After all this snow and cold weather ......I can't wait to finally warm up on the cruise.:sunny: :bounce:

DVCLady
02-20-2004, 01:41 AM
If you haven't ordered it, you guys should order the DCL dvd. I got it in about 2 weeks. It has 360 degree pictures of just about everything. It also has the Making of the Magic on it. Its a wonderful keepsake.

travel with kids
02-20-2004, 08:03 AM
DVCLady -- I will second that. We ordered one also--took about two weeks). It is awesome. ::yes::

Don't forget Tuesday, Feb, 24 According to Jim. I have no clue what time the sitcom is on or what network. (never watched the show). Anyone know? Is it a kids friendly show?

disneysailor
02-20-2004, 08:39 AM
We just ordered our DVD a few days ago. I'm really looking forward to seeing it. Won't it be sad after the trip when all this planning is over, it's kind of like a vacation in itself. It will be worse than the after-the-holiday blues. At least we'll have our happy memories to sustain us!

Congratulations on your upgrade Bostonlass, you must have been soooo excited!!:tongue:

bostonlass
02-20-2004, 08:53 AM
disneysailor - I am very very excited. Even if it's just to a cat 10 now we'll get a split bath and after yesterday I'll welcome that!! We had this place called "Bathfitters" here yesterday. Supposedly it takes them all of 2 hours to fit a whole new tub/shower unit over your old one. Riiiight!!! Took the kid from 10am to 6pm to do it. It's very nice now and all but that was a long time to wait to go potty!!!:p

Emily's on a sleepover so poor Megan is here with "what can I do now?" syndrome. They are less than 12 months apart and Megan is so used to being bossed around by Emily now she's clueless. Last night we were going to watch a movie together so I asked Megan to pick one out. She was all upset and said, "but I don't even know what I like". :( I can't wait to pick Emily back up so we can be back to normal!!

goofy601
02-21-2004, 05:54 PM
Thanks everyone for the helpful hints - as usual - what would I do without all of you helping us plan our dream vacation?!? I will give them a call on Monday and see what kind of trouble I can get into!! Only 8 weeks to go!

travelwithkids - I'm sending my babysitter right over! She is wonderful - the kids absolutely love her -- they can not wait for me to go back to work full-time so that they can go over more often. She has the daycare right in her home - her entire basement is done with chalkboard - kid size tables and chairs - little tykes equipment, mats for sleeping, bathroom - the whole nine yards -- the best part for me (besides her being reasonable with her rates) is the kids LOVE going! They forget all about me at the door. I did not like when the older two just cried when I dropped them off at daycare and vowed that that would not happen with the little 2! Just make sure you send her right back! I couldn't do it without her!!

What a beautiful day we had here yesterday - DH said that it hit about 61 (I'm not sure about that - but it was nice!) Pretty soon - fun and sun and cabana boys!! Sorry scottohiocpa - we'll send you a cabana girl -- LOL!

See you all really soon!!

pirate: princess: princess: pirate: pirate: princess:

SCOTTOHIOCPA
02-22-2004, 02:44 PM
The Disney store has beach bags with Mickey, Buzz or a princess on them for sale. I bought one and we are going to fill it with fun stuff for the kids, then give it to them when we get to our cabin as a welcome aboard surprise. I'm looking for ideas of what to put in it. So far, we've got some beach toys, a disposable camera for each of them and some candy that won't melt. Any other ideas?

travel with kids
02-22-2004, 05:13 PM
The Disney store has beach bags with Mickey, Buzz or a princess on them for sale. I bought one and we are going to fill it with fun stuff for the kids, then give it to them when we get to our cabin as a welcome aboard surprise. I'm looking for ideas of what to put in it. So far, we've got some beach toys, a disposable camera for each of them and some candy that won't melt. Any other ideas?

How about bubbles, glow stick necklace (my dd has one that is on batteries!!) and an autograph book and pen.

bostonlass
02-22-2004, 05:32 PM
Scott - What a wonderful idea in place of the baskets that are delivered! Although the prices on the deliverable ones seem ok I bet you can get much more for your money by doing it yourself! I'd put in a beach towel, goggles, juice boxes, their favorite candy, word searches and some stick on tatoos. Those are all the things my two little ones would sure to love!

disneysailor
02-22-2004, 09:09 PM

Wow, there are so many great ideas already. The only thoughts I can add are perhaps a journal so they can write about the favorite parts of each day (for your younger son, who may not be writing much, they sell lined writing pads that are blank on top where he could draw a picture and write a few words on the bottom), swim goggles, and sunglasses (for all the great weather we'll have!). Have fun shopping!

travel with kids
02-23-2004, 07:31 PM
I just received our DISboard lime green buttons and antenna topper.

(it actually arrived on friday, but we went to Boston --our weekend get away!!:lovestruc )

I am getting very excited. This was our first day back to school from our Winter vacation. 8 weeks of school! ::yes::

DVCLady
02-23-2004, 11:32 PM
got my excursion confirmation in the mail today, wooo hooo!!:bounce:

disneysailor
02-24-2004, 06:54 AM
DVClady- We received ours too! Which excursion did you decide to go with?

Travel with kids- It seems the weather cooperated for your trip
(at least I imagine Boston was as nice as Connecticut was this weekend). Hope it was lots of fun!

goofy601
02-24-2004, 09:59 AM
Hello All! You are all full of GREAT ideas - again!:bounce: I am so excited! I have began the daunting task of lessing the amount of clothes that I am taking for our youngest DD! Yes - it's that bad! My friend works for Gymboree and keeps coming up with these adorable sun dresses and short sets - it's a terrible thing! You will all be surprised if you see the same thing on her twice - except of course for swim suits - that we're stuck on only 2! I'm just terrible at this last baby thing!! :crazy:

Oh well - only 8 weeks to go...I have to get going on my little goodie baskets for the kids -- you all came up with great things to go in there -- don't know if I'm going to have enough room for everything that I want to put in there!

Would you even bother with bringing the kids boogie boards for Castaway Cay? Or let them get floaties?

See you all VERY SOON!

:bounce: :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :bounce: :bounce: :Pinkbounc and:Pinkbounc and:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

goofy601
02-24-2004, 10:04 AM
According to Jim is on tonight - it's mostly a family show - a couple things that are a little iffy - but usually go over the kids heads -- kinda like most of the Disney movies -- those iffy parts that go over their heads!! I believe it is on at 8 or 8:30!

Bye now!:earsboy: :earsgirl: :earsgirl: :earsboy: :earsboy: :earsgirl: and:earsgirl: and even more:earsgirl: :earsgirl::earsgirl:

disneysailor
02-24-2004, 10:41 AM
goofy601-I don't remeber seeing anyone with boogie boards on our last trip, it sure seems like a hard thing to pack especially since you'll need room for your souvenirs! The floats are big round tubes that can fit two kids at a time if you like. My daughter had lots of fun with it and her new-found friend last time.

Have you packed already? WOW!!! Becky and I spent an hour and a half at Limited Too last Monday while she tried on everything in the store. She came away with a few outfits and I came away exhausted. LOL.

I've never seen According to Jim but I was hoping to watch it. Tonight is my son's high school orientation. Every time I think about it, I want to cry. Maybe I'll make it home in time and hopefully get some vicarious vacation in to cheer me up! Hope you all get to do the same!

Bye:wave2:

SCOTTOHIOCPA
02-24-2004, 12:53 PM
Thanks to everyone for the great ideas on what to put in the beach bag. My DW and I will be looking for these things at the store.

According to Jim is on on at 9:00 pm. E.S.T. on ABC. The episodes I have seen usually have some innuendo, but the kids probably won't pick up on it.

I don't think boogie boards would work. There is an exposed shoal that shelters the bay, so there are no big waves.

I learned some good history about the island from an article written by the grandson of the man who owned the island in 1970's and 80's. The islands real name is Gorda Cay (translation - FAT ISLAND because it is round, not because the buffet lunch is so good). The bay is called pumpkin bay. Well, so much for the history lesson, I'd better get back to work.

Disney1fan2002
02-24-2004, 02:21 PM
Hi everyone! Sorry I haven't posted in awhile. I have some stuff going on in my family. Dad was in the hospital for 3 weeks with pnuemonia, he was even on life support, thank God he pulled through. And now, my brother was diagnosed with a brain tumor back in Nov. he was rushed to the hospital earlier this week, he could not talk or walk, and did not know who he was or who anyone else was. VERY SCARY. I am definitley purchasing travel insurance for this Cruise. Not through Disney, but through somewhere. Maybe *****************. I am going to pack this weekend! I have the kids summer clothes in a luandry basket in my bedroom, what better time to go through and figure out what they outgrew, and what they can still wear, and I will just put them in a suitcase! I cannot believe how close we are getting! We did not book any excursions, we may rent bikes on Castawya Cay, but even still, my kids might just want to stay in the water all day, they are fishes! We are staying on the ship in Nassua, and taking advantage of a less crowded pool, unless alot of other people have the same idea, then the pool may be crowded! LOL

goofy601
02-24-2004, 02:59 PM
Wouldn't you know it? I'm going to miss the show tonight. I totally forgot I have a focus group on taste testing foods tonight! I hope that DH knows how to record -- I'll have to find a tape for him -- I really want to see it - it sounds good!

disneysailor and scottohiocpa - I guess I'll nix the boogie boards -- I didn't really see how we would pack them anyways - but DD had one that she got last year in Florida and was hoping to take along - she'll survive without it I'm sure.

disneysailor - Heavens NO - no one is officially packed - just have lots of rubbermaid totes in my room with everyone's summer gear in them. I've been going through them over and over finding what will fit and what goes into the children's sale our ECPTA is having. I have NOTHING to wear...do you think my DH will fall for it? I don't! But, I have to try anyways!! LOL!

disney1fan2002 - our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family!

Well, I've gotta run - still have to finish the laundry and get dinner together for DH (he's on his own with the kids tonight! Poor guy!)

pirate: princess: princess: pirate: pirate: princess:

travel with kids
02-24-2004, 03:51 PM

Travel with kids- It seems the weather cooperated for your trip
(at least I imagine Boston was as nice as Connecticut was this weekend). Hope it was lots of fun!

weather was ok--better then Maine. Plus, we were alone with no kids, dog or parents dropping in at any moment. It was perfect. :) We promised each other that we would not talk about his job (major issues) or any other thing that would be upsetting. We did some shopping on Newbury Street and at the PRU. I bought myself a new bag for the trip (DCL). I also saw some adorable dresses for DD in Talbots Kids, but DH flipped when he saw the price tag!! :earseek:

travel with kids
02-24-2004, 04:10 PM
Disney1fan2002-- I am sending you {{{{{{}}}}} hugs. I hope both your dad and brother are doing much better. It is scary when loved ones are ill beyond our control. Please let us know how you are your family is doing.

SCOTTOHIOCPA- my dh read and printed off a story about castaway cay. And yes, it was written by the grandson of one of the past owners. It was really interesting.

PACKED? Who is packed? I have not even decided what I am going to wear. DS needs lots of new clothing (not a fun one to go shopping for!!). When we went to Mexico last October, we purchased ds a pair of Gap (chino type) shorts. You would have thought I was asking him to wear his sister's bathing suit.

We also received our excursion papers today. Everyone is getting excited.

disneysailor
02-24-2004, 04:46 PM
Disney1fan2002- I was wondering how you were doing as we had not heard from you for so long. Figured it was just the craziness of daily life that everyone has to deal with that was keeping you away, wish that was the case. I'm glad that your dad is pulling through and my thoughts will be with you and your family as you cope with your brothers illness.

I'm relieved to hear that everyone is not packing already. My son has grown out of all of his clothes also and who knows if there even are any pants left in the stores. We don't want to get kicked out of the dining rooms for a pants violation (of course, he probably would be happy because then he could go back to the teen club). He has a jacket that he wore ONCE to his friends bar mitzvah last year that I'm hoping will still fit, but it doesn't seem likely.

For those of you who are able, enjoy being couch potatoes tonight!

travel with kids
02-24-2004, 06:13 PM
ds has a wool jacket. I am not going to make him wear that. My freind is making ds a vest with matching tie to wear on Triton night. He is cool with this. She wants to make it reversable in case he wants to wear it to another dinner on the cruise. I might just pay her to make two. I need to go look at fabric. Maybe he can wear one side to Triton's and the other side to Animator's Palate . I think for Parrot Cay he will wear a tropical shirt. (will this be ok?) No clue about the 4th night. Any suggestions on dress for the 4th night? DD is so easy...dresses, dresses, dresses!

Also, DH is taking a jacket, but thinks the vest idea is cool. Would a vest at Animator's Palate be cool for a man?

Thanks.....Lee