PDA

View Full Version : Arizonacolbys New Atkins Journal

arizonacolbys
09-08-2003, 02:38 PM
This is my first attempt at journaling here - I joined the WISH Challenge a couple of weeks ago, but haven't really stuck to plan like I should have been.

I am married to my hubby who is in the National Guard & we have 2 labs at home that keep me busy. Hubby was away all summer & I lost about 13 lbs while he was away, but after feeding him some real food, I have gained about 5 lbs back. :rolleyes: I currently work 40+ hours per week & am taking my last 2 classes for my MBA (2 evenings a week), so it is sometimes difficult to find time to prep meals or exercise regularly.

I have done Atkins before & been successful - it is just very difficult for the first few days to get in the swing of things. I know Atkins works for me, I just have to learn to stick to it. ;)

Well, this morning I was up to 150 (after having pizza late last night :rolleyes: .)

For breakfast I had 2 hardboiled eggs & some cheese cubes, with a 12 oz bottle of water. For lunch I had a small salad, several slices of bologna, more cheese cubes, Diet Coke, and another bottle of water. I ended up eating half an apple this morning to curb the shakes & light-headedness I was enduring after starting my Atkins plan. Still not sure what will be for dinner - I will work until 5:45pm & class starts at 6pm. I will have to try & get in some exercise tomorrow.

Sorry so long - first post. Comments are welcome & thanks in advance for any advice! Good luck everyone!!! :bounce: :Pinkbounc

DoeWDW
09-08-2003, 03:04 PM
Welcome Emily!! Glad to see you on the WISH Journal board! I know that keeping my journal has helped me so much!

I also eat low-carb - not as strict as Atkins induction though. The first couple days can be tough but you'll make it! Sounds like you have quite a hectic schedule, which can make it tough to stay on plan. Make sure you keep some healthy snacks with you for emergencies. I like to have an Atkins Advantage bar or a single serve pack of sunflower seeds or peanuts in my purse, just in case.

Good luck on your way down!!

arizonacolbys
09-09-2003, 12:33 PM
Well, I'm on Day 2 now - made it through the hardest day with success!

Yesterday's meals were as follows:
B: 2 hard boiled eggs, cheese cubes, water, diet coke
L: salad, several bologna slices, cheese cubes, water
Snack before school: peanuts
D: 2 fried eggs, ham, hot tea & a sugar free popsicle for dessert

Overall I feel I did very well. I made it through a 10.5 hr work day back-to-back with my evening MBA class without cheating. :D Hoping I can stay on this track now that I've gotten over the hardest first 24 hours.

arizonacolbys
09-11-2003, 03:24 PM
Day 3 went pretty well - down to 145! I got to claim my first 5 lb clippie - which I had been waiting on for a couple of weeks now. It felt great to be able to change it.

B: 2 hard boiled eggs, cheese cubes, cup of blackberry tea, water
L: bologna, cheese, salad, more water
D: I made taco salad & it was yummy!;) I also made some sugar-free green jello for dessert - topped off with some whipped cream. It tasted REALLY good after no sweets for a few days. :rolleyes:

Well, I'm on Day 4 now. Unfortunately, my lovely TOM brought me 1/2 lb this morning. No big deal, I know it will leave me again next week. I just hope it takes a couple other pounds with it! ;)

B: 2 hard boiled eggs, cheese cubes, black cherry tea & bottle of water
L: bologna, salad, cheese, Diet Coke & more water
D: I am bringing home my favorite salad to eat before class tonight. Will probably have some leftover jello after class tonight, too.

So far I am very happy with my progress this week, the only complaint is my lack of time for exercising. I will try to fit it in over the weekend & maybe some next week, I'm just not sure my schedule can handle any more assignments. :rolleyes:

Good luck everyone!

DoeWDW
09-11-2003, 03:50 PM
Your new clippie looks FABULOUS!! Way to go - all that hard work is paying off!

You are doing a great job with your food! It must be hard with work and classes, but you've made the committment and you're sticking with it.

Keep up the good work!!