View Full Version : October weekends unavailable

09-08-2003, 12:08 PM
Been trying to get a studio at any DVC resort for any weekend in October, no luck. I've been on the wait list for a few weeks now.

Anyone know if this is usual for October? I thought that it would have been a slow time.

09-08-2003, 01:17 PM
I was told by a CM that all DVC resorts are booked to 100% capacity in October.

Seems that the Food and Wine Festival as well as the Disney/Funai Golf Classic have a large following!

09-08-2003, 01:49 PM
I called today for 1 night Sunday Oct.26th and the only room available was a Grand Villa at Boardwalk.I was surprised I must admit although I know it's a popular time of year for members. I might expect not to get my first choice of location or size of the accomodation I prefer but nothing at all did shock me somewhat. I have called a few days before for New Years and had better luck!! I waitlisted for anything so we'll see.

09-08-2003, 01:53 PM
Yeah, I found it surprising, too. Earlier this year I had no problem getting into BCV and WLV for Easter week on relatively short notice. That's got to be busier than October, I would think.

09-08-2003, 04:07 PM
We were on the waitlist at BWV for a standard studio the night of 10/26 and 10/30 and they both came through. So, the waitlist does work.


09-08-2003, 04:21 PM
Thanks, Leslie. I haven't given up hope, just surprised at how full the resorts are.

09-08-2003, 04:41 PM
In addition to general DVC demand at this time, there has also been a general pent up demand building since 9/11 and it is now beginning to loosen up- especially at WDW. Disney further nudged this with the discounted packages they offered for this fall and now with the additional AP rates just made available.

Also, at 60 days, any unreserved DVC inventory is turned over to WDTC for cash reservations, so you are also competing with cash guests at this time. (That doesn't affect the waitlist, so if you're on that list and have provided some flexibility, you may still be fine.)

Good Luck!

09-08-2003, 05:55 PM
I called WDW today to find out the concierge availability for various resorts for mid October weekend for our dates and I was told that everything was sold out, GF main building, sugar loaf, and reguarl garden view rooms, YC has 1 concierge room left, BC is sold out, Poly is sold out, CR is sold out.

Later when I was chatting with DVC member services, she told me that they have been telling members to book Disney Colletions because there is just no inventory in their system.

I never thought this time frame would be this full. MS even told me that some of the waitlist for people for October may just not come through, though no one knows for sure re:waitlist.

09-08-2003, 06:14 PM
I am presently booked at OKW for Oct 15-20 and am trying to get over to BCV. I prefer staying at OKW, but son will be working at Yacht & Beach and BCV would be closer to him. I have put myself on waitlist for BCV, but I am not holding my breath. Anyone have a ressie at BCV for those dates that would like to move to OKW? Talking a studio here. I would love to swap ressies and pay the difference in points, which I think is 16. I am certainly not expecting any takers, but it never hurts to ask.

09-08-2003, 06:38 PM
Thanks, Doc. Maybe this means things will start looking up for the parks business. I just hate to have it look up without me.

09-08-2003, 07:20 PM
Last week, there was a decent airfare from St. Louis to Orlando; so, we decided to check on villa availability. They had a BCV studio for October 24 - 29. We didn't end up booking it because of work, but now I kind of wish we had.

Good luck,

09-09-2003, 08:50 AM
You've got to be kidding! That's exactly the time I asked for. How could it happen that they are offering it to other people before the wait list?

09-09-2003, 10:25 AM
How could it happen that they are offering it to other people before the wait list?

It shouldn't happen. It could happen if you are not booking the days on a "day by day" basis and one of your days is missing. For example, you want October 23-25. If October 24-on becomes available, someone else would get it because October 23 is not included. However, that doesn't fit the example given in this case.

A reminder that once you hit the 30-day mark, you need to call MS and let them know you want to remain on the wait list.

09-09-2003, 10:55 AM
Yeah, thanks Pam, I've been on the phone with MS in the last few days and gotten all the ins-and-outs.

Ryan's statement is very strange to me, because just a couple days ago MS went through and checked every week for me, and all they could come up with were some odd, nonconsecutive days at OKW. I've got it set to automatically make the ressie without calling me, so I shouldn't have slipped through the cracks.

There's probably some kind of misunderstanding, but I'll follow up again with MS.