PDA

View Full Version : Lake George Concierge Hotel

icydog
09-06-2003, 10:46 AM
Has anyone gone to the Sagamore in Lake George, NY? We are sending our son and his wife there for a couple of days this month. We booked them a Lodge Suite and wonder how the place is. Any input on this big hotel in NY??

Happy Birthday Cat
09-06-2003, 10:51 AM
We have been to the Sagamore quite a few times, once using points. It is a great resort with lots to do. The Fall should be an especially beautiful time to visit there. The Lodge suites are bigger than the main hotel rooms but are a little bit more out of the way in terms of getting to the health spa, restaurants and/or swimming pool. The golf course is spectacular.

HBC

icydog
09-06-2003, 11:35 AM
Originally posted by Happy Birthday Cat
We have been to the Sagamore quite a few times, once using points. It is a great resort with lots to do. The Fall should be an especially beautiful time to visit there. The Lodge suites are bigger than the main hotel rooms but are a little bit more out of the way in terms of getting to the health spa, restaurants and/or swimming pool. The golf course is spectacular.

HBC

Thanks HBC I sent a copy of your post to my DDIL. I told her to think about what you said --about being close to pools/restaurants/ spa in the resort hotel itself. I think I can change the ressie if she wants more proximity to the things that make the resort great. ( personally I would still opt for the larger suite rooms but of course this is up to them)
Marylyn

msdis
09-07-2003, 01:08 AM
Icy-dog
Some food for thought-you may have to pay the fee to make a reservation change and if there are points differences, they may not be able to go back into your account without restrictions.

icydog
09-07-2003, 08:23 AM
I have changed room types on a reservation before for the concierge collection and never had an additional charge. Is this new??

poohgirl100
09-07-2003, 05:19 PM
Hi,

We just got back from there on a family vacation (week in August). Resort was beautiful and a great location. The lodge suites were very nice. Enough room for 4 people, even a fireplace.

Lake George was very nice. I would definitely go back there again. Took a day trip up to Lake Placid. Got directions from concierge desk (used them alot, great help for everything).

The only downside was the 18% service charge added onto everything from food to drinks to recreations. Along with 7.25% state sales tax, it was extremely expensive. We ate alot more off the resort then on the resort due to their service charge.

But all in all, great vacation. Enjoy.:D

msdis
09-07-2003, 10:15 PM
Originally posted by icy-dog
I have changed room types on a reservation before for the concierge collection and never had an additional charge. Is this new??

Not sure, I thought if you made any changes they charge you for it as a new reservation.

icydog
09-08-2003, 07:46 AM
No need to check for this trip. The kids are very happy with the
suite reservation.:D I was just curious if MS changed their polices.
Thanks,
Marylyn