PDA

View Full Version : GF Concierge or AKL Concierge on pts? Do we get housekeeping?

floridafam
09-06-2003, 09:42 AM
If we use our pts to stay at GF Concierge or AKL Concierge will we get daily housekeeping?

Thanks in advance for any information.:D

twinmomplus2
09-06-2003, 09:54 AM
Yes you will get housekeeping, you will be subject to the same perks as cash paying guests. Turn down service etc... If you are at AKL you would be eligable to do the Sunrise Safari, They are held Tuesday and Saturday mornings.:)

Happy Birthday Cat
09-06-2003, 10:00 AM
You should give some thought to renting your points out and paying cash. Have you calculated what the point values are for staying on the concierge level at the WDW hotels?

HBC

floridafam
09-06-2003, 11:48 AM
Thanks for the info.

Yes, I have looked at renting the pts and might do that.

I've been tagged :bounce:

Maistre Gracey
09-06-2003, 12:09 PM
On my last visit I used points for a concierge stay at the Poly. I fully plan on doing this again, as renting out points just seems like too much of a hastle...

Have fun at the GF! :cool:

ducklite
09-08-2003, 08:05 AM
I feel the same as Maistre Gracey, I'd just use the points, renting them to pay cash where I can use them isn't worth the hassle. We'll probably rent our points to go to Hawaii though, as it's hard to trade into the available Hawaii resorts with points, plus we had another resort in mind that doesn't take points.

Anne

floridafam
09-08-2003, 08:24 AM
Thanks for the info.

We will definately just use pts. I don't want to go through the hassle of renting and we have the pts we need for our trips next year so it's no big deal.

My DH actually wants to use them next month. Are there any restrictions (other than availability) on booking the Disney Collection at 30 days or 60 days?

timC
09-08-2003, 08:34 AM
I was going to start a new thread, but it's kind of the same question as the OP.

If you use points for a Disney resort (eg. GF or AKL), I see that you get the some benefits as a cash guest.

What DVC benefits so you also get, if any?

- free vallet?
- pool hopping?
- member discounts?
- welcome home? :rolleyes:

Thanks in advance.

ducklite
09-08-2003, 01:41 PM
- free vallet?

Nope

- pool hopping?

Nope

- member discounts?

Yup

- welcome home?

Not likely.

Anne

CarolMN
09-08-2003, 06:34 PM
Originally posted by floridafam
...(snip)....My DH actually wants to use them next month. Are there any restrictions (other than availability) on booking the Disney Collection at 30 days or 60 days?

Other than availability, the only restriction on booking the DC options is that you may not BOTH make a reservation AND stay during the last 60 days of your use year. So for example, if you have a December use year and wanted to use current use year points to stay at the AKL or GF this coming October, you would have to make the reservation before the end of September. You'll probably recall that DVC needs at least 60 days to rent out your points to get the cash to pay for the AKL or GF stay.