View Full Version : First time Waitlist...what happens when it gets close to trip??
09-05-2003, 09:42 AM
This year's trip is our first 'home' at the BWV and it's our first experience with waitlisting.
I booked at the 11 month window a one-bedroom SV but then we invited my BIL so one week after the 11 month window, I called back and I had to be waitlisted for the 2 bedroom SV.
Well, since then we did get 2 days pretty fast, maybe a month or 2. Now we are still waiting on Nov 30 and Dec 1 (together, as I'm too afraid if I separate them, I'll get Nov 30 and never get Dec 1 and be moving too much). Meanwhile, I still have the one bedroom for those 2 nights for us and got a studio at OKW for my BIL for those 2 nights so we are covered for each night regardless; we'll just have to move once as of now. Oh, and I'm waitlisted for a studio at BWV too so my BIL would at least be in the same resort as us for those 2 nights...that waitlist is a phone call. The 2 bedroom waitlist is automatic.
My use year is December so I'm a bit worried about how long I should wait etc...because the Nov 30 night falls in 2002 use year and the rest fall in 2003 use year...do you know what I mean?
What do I do at 30 days or is it 31 days? Do I have to do anything? Will I loose any points? Should I call and ask MS to call BWV directly? When do I do that? Will the waitlists get deleted at 7 days?
Any advice, recommendations or encouragement?
Thanks so much!
09-05-2003, 06:01 PM
I would call MS back now to figure out your risks for points and what you stand to lose and what you gain. Because your reservation goes across use years, it doesn't seem straightforward enough to me to be comfortable about what happens if your waitlist comes through during the 30 day window. Good luck and let us know how it works in case we do the same thing in the future.
09-06-2003, 08:04 AM
Thank you...anyone else?
09-06-2003, 09:22 AM
at that time of year its hard to perdict waitlist because it is adventure season, the least amount of points needed for ressies.
are you on a waitlist for a 2 bdr for all the dcv resorts, that would increase your chances of getting the 2 bedroom.
as far as the waitlist, your ressies fall out of the computer 7 days prior to for first day arrival. but you can call ms everyday afterwards. you also can check with the front desk everyday during your stay up to the night before you need your 2 days.
i had done that last month, we stayed at the bwv then suppose to move to wlv then to bcv, well the night before moving to wlv i asked the front desk and they call the bcv direct and they did have a studio then bcv called the wlv to release my points to the bcv for the ressies, but i did have to move to another studio for my next night bcv ressies, at least i didnt have to move again to another resort.
so, since you are covered with your ressies for your stay i would just just wait and see what happens:
peoples lives change everyday and so do the changing of ressies
so hang in there.
sending you pixie dust
09-06-2003, 10:05 AM
From page 38 of the current Member Guidebook:
Your request will remain on the waitlist for up to 31 days before your arrival date. If you would like to keep your name on the waitlist beyond that time, please contact Member Services, and we'll extend your request to seven days before check in. There is no waitlist within seven days of arrival.
Since you have a firm back up plan in place (you all at least have a place to sleep those nights), my advice is to call Ms on the 31 day mark and ask to be kept on the waitlist. At that time, I would also change the BWV 2 bedroom request to a "call" - not automatic. That's because I'd want to know right away and because I wouldn't want to wait for a mail confirmation. At 7 days, I'd call everyday to check on the 2 bedroom and hope to get lucky!
Not sure why you seem worried about your points - the point value of the 2 bedroom BWV standard viewfor 11/30 & 12/1 is only 2 less than the 1 bedroom SV at BWV plus the OKW studio you already have booked as back up. The most you might lose is 2 points. That would be worth it to have the 2 bedroom, right?
Hopefully, your current reservation uses up all of your 2002 use year points and you already banked any excess. So that means you have enough points to switch the 1 bed and studio to the 2 bedroom (and only have 2 that will expire on 12/1/2003). But that won't be a deal-breaker problem if you know you are going to go, right?
No need to worry about cancelling the 1 bed and studio after the 31 day point. Yes, the points go into the holding account, but you will be using them almost immediately in a "qualified" way.
Post again if I have any facts wrong. Good luck!
P.S. If you commit to the BWV studio before the 2 bed comes through you'd lose an additional 2 points if the 2 bedroom does come through. That would be a total of 4 points lost if you change from the OKW studio to the BWV SV studio and then change to the 2 bedroom. I'd probably change to the studio if it comes through just for peace of mind and so that brother wouldn't have to change resorts - just rooms.
Good luck. Hope the waitlist comes through very soon!
09-07-2003, 07:52 AM
Thanks for the info and encouragement. I'm not really worried about 2 or 4 points being lost. I just wanted to know what would happen as it got closer to my trip.
So at 31 days I should call to stay on the list and then at 7 days, I will be taken off so I must call daily in hopes of a room.
I think at 31 days I will switch my waitlists to call and not auto.
vBulletin® v3.8.4, Copyright ©2000-2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.