View Full Version : Was I Stupid!!!!

09-02-2003, 12:56 PM
I am waitlisted for a GV at OKW for 11/28-12/3, we already have a 2 bedroom and a studio. I telephoned for the heck of it today and they have the first 2 nights available in a GV, but not Sun, Mon, and Tuesday night! Should I have taken them and kept my fingers crossed, or play it safe and not chanced it, because that would be a bummer leaving the GV for the smaller rooms! And since we are only gonig for 5 nights, we really didn't want to move. Isn;t this a busy time of year for DVC, and since Friday and Saturday are very expensive nights, is that probably why they are available?

09-02-2003, 01:49 PM
nah, i wouldnt have taken the few nights either.

09-02-2003, 01:55 PM
Too short a stay to change rooms - take the whole waitlist in one shot - otherwise stick with your 2BR/Studio -


09-02-2003, 01:57 PM
I would stay where you are, unless the entire trip clears with GV.

09-02-2003, 02:55 PM
thanks for validating my gut reaction. I think I'm trying to hard to make this the "perfect trip" for my family, just spent over an hour getting PS'S etc, etc, nothing seemed to work out right, I need about an extra 10 days to do all we want to do!!

Lisa F
09-02-2003, 04:16 PM
No, you were smart! I'm not surprised that a friday and saturday night came open due to the high weekend but it sounds like it will be virtually impossible for sun, mon and tues to open up during that time of year. Better to stay put than to move around!


09-02-2003, 06:19 PM
If you have enough points to do both while waiting, that is the best option.

09-02-2003, 06:22 PM
All or nothing I think. You did the right thing.