PDA

View Full Version : Florida Resident Discounts?

Kaitysmom
08-26-2003, 07:25 AM
Can anyone tell me what they do historically with these? Never been an issue for me before, but I am trying to book a deluxe for my dad (who is a FL resident) and was hoping for some kind of discount. Do they get released with the AP's?

Miss Jasmine
08-26-2003, 08:13 AM
I'm not really sure which comes out first. Usually they come out around the same time. Although it looks like there won't be any AP discounts in September but there are are Florida Resident discounts for that time. So you just don't know. Disney likes to keep us guessing. ;)

P'colaFla
08-26-2003, 08:24 AM
It depends on when your planning your trip. We always go in September or January and we always get our FL discount. We went this past May and got a wonderful FL discount at that time too. They typically offer them at slow times (off-season) but there have been other occasions as well. Good luck with your planning. FL discounts are great. :D

FloridaCat
08-26-2003, 10:08 AM
Current rates are good up to 10/1/03. If your trip is further out, then you will have to wait a few more weeks.

Another problem may be you trying to book from your out of state home as they check the phone number. If you have not done so, make sure the CM understands you are booking it for him and use his home address and phone. You will also have to put it on his credit card.
As a FL Res. he can book up to three roooms in his name and on his account. He will also have to provide resident proof at check in.

Kaitysmom
08-26-2003, 10:25 AM
I am looking for Dec 8-9 for him only. I assumed they'd have some questions for me when I'm booking it. Hopefully they won't have much of a problem. I figured that I would book it and have him call back and put his credit card on the ressie after. Hope they don't mind him calling from Maine as he doesn't go back to Florida until mid September. (lucky guy!) :D

FloridaCat
08-26-2003, 10:34 AM
It will be awhile for December. Be sure to tell the CM to lock it in and give you the Confirmation number, otherwise it is not booked.

Then when he calls back all he will have to do is give his credit card.

Have a special day

ducklite
08-26-2003, 11:32 AM
Originally posted by FloridaCat
He will also have to provide resident proof at check in.

What do they look for as proof if you don't have a FL DL?

Would a FL utility bill in your name work?

TIA!

Anne

jaguar9748
08-26-2003, 05:48 PM
I have never been asked for FL ID - sad, isn't it?!! I'm always ready to drag out the old license, but... Typically ID forms are licenses, state ID cards, university ID's, utility bills, voter registration cards, etc.

For the past year or so there've been FL resident discounts most of the time. They typically come out around the same time as the AP rates. They are usually a bit cheaper than the AP rates - particularly at the value and moderate resorts. We stayed at CBR this summer for $85 which was really good.

MHopkins2
08-27-2003, 07:11 AM
Another problem may be you trying to book from your out of state home as they check the phone number. If you have not done so, make sure the CM understands you are booking it for him and use his home address and phone. You will also have to put it on his credit card. I'm not sure if this policy recently changed or what, but this is no longer true. I just booked a FL resident rate last week with my (Ohio resident) credit card. The CM noted my aunt's (the Florida resident and my tripmate) address and phone number in the system, but the confirm came to me and the deposit hit my card.

AirForceRocks
08-27-2003, 07:19 AM
I've never had a problem booking FL resident rates from out of state either, and we've used them for years.

***ETA: The only time my living out of state has been an issue for FL resident stuff is when I order the Disney Dining Experience card. They won't mail that out of state, so I have it mailed to a friend in Florida and then she sends it to me.

Miss Jasmine
08-27-2003, 08:41 AM
I am gazing into my crystal ball, and I have a vision of someone calling CRO to verify this phone/credit card info. :rolleyes:

jwfla422
08-27-2003, 10:58 AM
From past experiences I've noticed FL resident rates to be available 2-3 months out from the time of booking and they're not always available. Depends on the availability of the resorts. Sometimes particular resorts won't have a FL resident rate available while another may during the same time period. (how many times can you use the word "available" in one paragraph!!):p

In some cases we would reserve the room with the AP rate then call back as the trip would get closer to check on FL resident rates and if they were available the rate would be adjusted. Most of the time they are available during value season times. It varies during regular season and holiday season. This may give you an idea as to when they're offerred.